4.48/5

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Alpo Cat Food

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Alpo Cat Food Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I bought the Alpo cat food initially because it was inexpensive and I was on a tight budget. I did look at the cat food bag and the food did still have basic essentials for my cat’s health. I got home and tried the food and my cat seemed to like the food. He does not complain or push away the food. My cat is very picky and will not eat some cat food, even some that are more expensive than this brand, so for him to eat it without complaint was good and I will buy it again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I have young and senior cats and they all seem to love Alpo and be happy and healthy eating it. It makes their fur soft and shiny, and the price is right. But would maybe like it available in bigger bags at the stores as I have several cats and big bags allow me to purchase less often.

Get expert buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I like the easy open cans and my cat liked it. The packaging makes Alpo stand out in the store so I can easily find it. It is readily available locally and almost any local store has carries the brand. The packaging is also appealing. I personally dislike the smell of the cat food but my cat seems to absolutely love it and the smell dissipates so it is worth it for the cat to have something she likes. My cat loves this food especially the fish based ones. My expectations were met by this product. I am happy as long as the cat likes it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

My vet gave me some Alpo Cat food as a sample. I was informed that it is one of the healthiest products on the market and the store that I purchased Alpo in recommended it highly. The current cat food is very healthy for my cat and he really enjoys eating it. Although the price is a little expensive, it is very convenient and my cat likes it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My cat seems to enjoy Alpo very much. It has helped her receive better digestion as well. We have tried multiple brands in the past and my cat got sick off of so many products. Alpo is the first product where my cat hasn't gotten sick after eating it. She comes running when she hears me getting her dinner ready. The quality, the packaging, and overall pricing for the quality isn't bad at all. I will continue to use this product with her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alpo Cat Food?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I like the color of the packaging of Alpo Cat Food; it is appealing to me. Alpo is a good brand if you are on a budget. The only thing that kind of concerns me is the animal by-products in the ingredients, which is to be expected with any affordable cat foods. However my cats have no ill effects of the foods. I have never had any problems with this cat food and my cats eat all of it. And it fits within my budget. I trust this brand and I would recommend this product to any cat owner.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I like that the ingredients are good for my pets and my pets love the taste. This product is easy to find and is sold in most stores that sale cat and dog food. But there are rarely discounts that I can find. I wish it was more affordable and it's hard finding coupons for this brand. But when I do, it's worth getting because it's good cat food.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My cat likes the pate and I mix it with the dry Purina cat food so he eats it. I wish it wouldn't stick to the dish as bad as it does and I have to scrub the bowl every time. It smells like ground liver and looks like a can of crap but since my cat likes it I give it to him. He is a picky eater for a fat cat. He doesn't even eat tuna water. But my cat likes Alpo and I can afford it so I think it is a good value because I don't want to waste it if my cat won't eat it. I don't want any leftover food if he does not eat it.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Depending on my cats mood we buy different varieties. I mainly buy Alpo because of the price I find it for. And locating it is also very easy. I have found it in just about every store that sells cat food. I’m yet to find a store that doesn’t carry it. Certain flavors my cat seems uninterested at and I end up wasting money on it. But my cat likes it for the most part. Sometimes my dog even seems to like it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

It offers real meat and good nutrition, and has a great value. It is a taste my cat seems to enjoy and has helped manage his weight. He gets excited when he sees the bag. But there are some additive preservatives can be harmful to my cat and you never know what brands are telling the truth. The bag is flimsy and tears and breaks easily. But the price is very hard to beat and they offer a wide variety of flavors.

Alpo Cat Food expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Alpo Cat Food offers products cats need for optimal health and happiness in all stages of life, while running a company that believes in quality ingredients and sustainable operations. Alpo cat products include wet food, dry food and treats to deepen that special bond between a feline and its owner.

• Live chat capabilities: Alpo Cat Food offers customers the opportunity to connect with a cat food advisor who can offer the perfect selection for their furry friend.

• Different price points: The company markets its products to fit all budgets.

• Online matrix: This online feature helps determine which product is best for a specific cat, in case owners are unable to chat with an online advisor.

• Informational articles: Helpful topics guide owners to better understand their cat's behavior, health and overall wellness.

• Dietary restrictions: The company offers options for owners with cats that have certain dietary needs or restrictions.

• Online resources: The website helps people determine what breed of cat is best for their lifestyle, and it provides crash courses in finding the best breed of cat.

• Best for: Budget-conscious pet owners, active kittens and nutrition conscience pet owners.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
      Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Alpo Cat Food Company Information