3.9/5 (413 ratings)

Find Pet Insurance partners near you

About 24PetWatch Pet Insurance

Find Pet Insurance partners near you

24PetWatch Pet Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24PetWatch Pet Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24PetWatch Pet Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

We have two dogs, and both had acl problems that needed repairs when they were less than a year. Fast forward to the age of 3 when we decided we needed pet ins because we have 2 dogs that visited the vet on and off for various reasons. The last 2 visits was for 1 pup for diarrhea and the other pup for inappetence. The ins company denied both claims because they deemed that it was related to their pre existing acl repairs. They took our money knowing they were going to continuously deny our claims due to pre existing conditions. Please do not get this ins...they are thieves.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I have had this pet insurance since my lab was approximately 2. I have submitted 1 or 2 claims in the 11 years since but felt I needed to maintain the insurance even though it was expensive “just in case”. With great sadness we euthanized our guy in September 2022. I submitted two claims. One for the day before his death and another for the euthanasia and cremation which cost us approximately $475. After A LOT of time on the phone with claims department and my claim being closed, opened, and various other disorganization I have been informed the max they will pay for euthanasia and cremation together is only $200. Considering my monthly premium was over $100 I am left with wondering why I wasted my money on insurance. Go somewhere else. This insurance is not insurance at all. Fortunately, it’s just money- I’d rather have my dog back. Their claim process is awful. They deserve no stars.

Get buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Three of my animals have been with 24-hour PetWatch for 2 years now. My one dog just got diagnosed with diabetes late July 2021. I put in a claim and was denied stating pre-exhisting condition, which it was clearly not. After the first initial claim, I have put in for others regarding his diabetes. I have yet to see a dime reimbursed to me and it is now the end of September 2021.

My vet and his staff have been fighting for us and are constantly submitting invoices and notes, but I still keep receiving emails how the invoices and documents are incomplete requesting resubmission and reassessment claims. My cat was at the vet a few weeks ago with an ear infection and I put a claim in for him. As you can guess....have not received any funds back. I am sick and tired of going back and forth with them getting the run around. My vet feels the same way. Words of advice, do the research first before choosing pet insurance. Wish I had and it's too late now for my one dog.

Original review: March 22, 2021

My dog has his microchip through this company so they are always peddling new services...I decided to make sure the info is current, and perhaps add a second number....Website is a disaster, w/ many malfunctions; couldn't upload a picture, my name is greyed out, and can't populate, and could not put in a second telephone number.

Frankly there in not much on this website that works. I was on hold for 30minutes for a representative, who told me maybe I need another department, and he gave me the same number I called....BUT they will sell you more services, this part of company seems to work well. I have no confidence that should my dog come up missing that this company can facilitate a reunion.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

This microchip company is terrible! It's the only microchip company that has you pay to register, then pay an additional $29.95 plus $19.00 for each additional year to have your dog active. If you don't pay yearly, they won't call you if your dog is found and you cannot change your personal info. All other companies have just a one time registration fee of $19.99 and you can log in and change your info anytime and you are in their database forever. 24PetWatch also wants you to buy a tag for $17.99, they say the one they gave you at registration is temporary. They are making money off of people who are afraid of loosing their dog. Go with another company who won't nickel and dime you.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I have an insurance policy for my dog ZENA. I sent them everything from my adoption to present. Dog is very healthy so there are not many medical records to send. I had a small claim in late October for which I didn't expect any money but I wanted it simply to be applied to my deductible. I've sent all of her records 3 times so far and every time, nobody responds and when I follow up as I have done about a dozen times, all they tell me is, "We deny your claim due to insufficient medical records." When I ask to speak to a manager I always get a runaround and promise of a call back which has never come. I hope others read this.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Do your research. I adopted a cat from a local shelter. In my adoption package was a flyer for 24 Hour Pet Watch & Insurance. I signed up without researching the company thinking if the shelter was promoting, they must be credible, WRONG! Unfortunately, the cat I adopted was very ill, who would have known?!? Nonetheless, 24 Hour Insurance didn’t want to pay for any of her care, they were very slow to respond (other than to deny my claim) and very to deal with, lots of back and forth and scripted responses. Lesson here .... do YOUR OWN research. Sadly, the shelter isn’t interested in pursuing any action toward 24 Hour as they also have a microchip program. We’ll take care if this sweet animal ourselves and now that she’s been diagnosed with terminal cancer, any other insurance coverage is impossible. Sad but true reality of insurance companies.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Scam of a company...Only out for money..Lies! Never use this company! Want enormous amount of money for to do anything regarding a lost pet even when they have number. Do not use them for anything...So sad. Stay far away. I am not alone. Look at their negative reviews. Shame on them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Zero stars. Adopted a puppy for the family and was given a free trial of insurance. We didn't want to purchase insurance but I must have checked the wrong box because $40.40 started coming out of my account every month unknown to us. A year and $600+ later I called the number on my statement, talked to a rude CS and tried to cancel. In order to cancel I had to have the shelter's name and our adopted name of our last six pets, some now deceased. After a heated exchange on the phone they agreed to cancel the policy. Buy pet insurance if you will, but beware of buying insurance against your will.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I am submitting this review due to the very bad experience I had with this company. I would give it "Zero" stars, but that is not an option. I had this pet insurance with all of my cats (all were rescues). Never had a problem until I filed a claim for one of my furbabies. He had to have eye surgery to remove an eye that was causing him pain. After the procedure, I submitted all of the paperwork needed. That is when the troubles started. They said I was missing paperwork and needed to resubmit. I did this a total of five (5) times!!!! Each time the same reason was given. I called customer service and they said the same thing. The one person that helped (I forgot her name, but she was helpful) gathered all of my paperwork and submitted it for me.

A week later, got a letter saying we were denied again, for the same reason we were denied 5 times! Called again and got a supervisor. Told her that I was cancelling all of my policies and needed an answer in regards to my last claim. She said she would help and she submitted (again) all of the paperwork. This was almost a month ago and have not received any response or correspondence from the company. WILL not do business with again and will tell all of my friends and anyone who will listen not to do business with this company. They are nothing but a bunch of crooks peddling a product that uninformed people purchase and get fleeced by them. They were quick to take my money for the years I had them, but when I needed them to do what their policy asks for, I get no response or help.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Pet Insurance partner.

24PetWatch Pet Insurance Company Information