3.59/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Yourbabycanread.com

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Yourbabycanread.com Reviews

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

My son was exposed to this program when he was almost 2 years old. Before we got it, my son was slow in speaking to the point his pediatrician wanted him to have speech therapy. One day, I did some reading on the computer, reading the reviews online about this product... majority was very positive. Also, on the website, they had a demo which I reviewed and later allowed my son to watch. After 3 days, my son speech was improving. His words were more clear and understandable. So, I purchased the whole set. During the first 2 months, my son would be sit there with mom and dad. But after that time, he got bigger and later got bored. We were only able to go through 3 of the dvds. But that was the beginning of a great learning experience.

My son is now 11 years old. He has been called on to do many speeches in his school. He has won various awards as the best speller, his reading is always 2 to 4 grades higher than his current grade. Also, his math is about 4-5 grades higher. He is an outstanding student both in speaking and in writing. When my son was only 2 1/2 years old, my niece, who was 25, said it was impossible for a 2 year old to read. She was saying that the child was not reading but memorizing. I told her that everyone will memorize the spelling of words. Concerning pronouncing words, it is saying the word correctly on what we memorize. Also, it helps the child pronounce words that are simple, using different letters and sounds.

I know now that this program and company has closed because too many outsiders wanted research to prove that this program works. Guess what, it did on my son. He is a great/gifted speaker and academically he is a straight A student. I am very proud of my son and part of his success is due to this program called Your Baby Can Read.

In my profession in health care, many of us want to follow this motto "Evidence Based," meaning that everything that we do to help our patients is to be backed up by research. Well, I have learned over the past 28 years in practicing, that many things that worked clinically, is not based on research. If something works successfully to help the patients, then it can be done safely. I am not a researcher but a clinician. I have practiced on treating my patients within the box (researched based) and outside the box (clinical based) and have been very successful in many positive outcomes. Concerning this program about "Your Baby Can Read," it may not be researched based, but it is definitely a successful form of program that gets Great results/outcome. I highly recommend this program based on the original.

Lastly, it is very important that the parent(s) are very involved with their child, when doing this program. It does not work, if the parents are there part time. This is not a program that you leave the child alone, in front of a tv. Also, if the parents are not actively participating while sitting there with their child, this program will not work effectively. If you want your child to be stimulated intellectually, both in speaking and learning to read, parents need to do their part, full time. Give the program a chance, you will not be disappointed, but amazed. With our starter dvd, we gave it to my sister in law for her 1 year old baby. Guess what, it did not work for her child. Why? Because mom and dad did not have time to commit to be with her son. It is a commitment that will change your child for the rest of his/her life.

Original review: April 5, 2017

When my daughter was a baby I went back to work and was blessed to have my mother watch her. When she was 6 months old my mother purchased "Your Baby Can Read" for her. I had never heard of the product but my mom said she had seen an infomercial for it and was willing to put out the $300 for her future. She did and used it diligently ever day. My daughter was reading books at 3 years old, no exaggeration. She loved it! Every book, CD and slider was used until it fell apart.

She is 7 years old today and reads at a 6th grade level. Reading is her favorite past time. She is no genius, as she definitely has struggled a bit in math at times but impresses all of her teachers with her reading skills. I stand by this product and can not say enough about it, if used as directed, it does work. It goes to show how that if the brain is stimulated at a young age it will absorb and remember. My mom has passed since but I thank her every day for investing in my daughter's future!

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

Although I believe that it has now changed its name to "My Baby Can Learn," I used the "My Baby Can Read" program in 2009-2010 with my daughter. It is a fantastic program and did what it claimed it would do. She was reading words before she was 2 years old, and could read entire paragraphs at 3. At 2-3, she would read signs in stores and street signs. If she didn't know what the signs said, she would try to sound the word out. She has consistently been at the top of her class and is now 8 years old. What this program did for my daughter is that it showed her that words were symbols with meaning. I believe that we entirely underestimate what kids are capable of. I have recommended this program to my friends and family with young children.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I am the grandmother of an eight-year-old granddaughter. My mother, her great-grandmother, bought the complete set. My daughter, the baby's mother, was young. She would sit my grandchild in front of the videos hour after hour for days after days. I would come home from work I thought this was bad. My granddaughter was 8 months. Until I heard her repeating what was being said. She would motion for another CD to be played. She learned to put CDs in herself...

She has always been advanced in school from PK 3 to now 3rd grade. She had been tested GT Gifted and Talented. Taught in a special curriculum Vanguard, she loves to read. She is successfully reading advanced chapter books. Chilling for her is grabbing a book, taking books in her bag everywhere we go. She shocks people when we are at a mall and she pulls out a book, waiting in a lobby or in the car it's a book. The library for her is like an amusement park... I love it. I brag about her reading from the product. YES YOURBABYCANREAD. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I got the entire deluxe kit for ~ $140. I received everything and had no problems. The bargains are out there, and since the company is belly up, it's *your* responsibility to bet vendors. As to the content: FANTASTIC. Takes me back to when Sesame Street used to be good; before they replaced all the characters with the unintelligible Elmo. The DVDs are very focused, and the perfect length, clocking in between 26-30 minutes. I only wished the series continued, but such is the case in litigious America. Have a kiddo with early adhd? No problem. It's a DVD – use pause. :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Yourbabycanread.com?

Original review: June 29, 2016

My sister in law gave this to my son. The books are great. My non verbal child with Autism began to read and use his words. They really helped my son. He learned to read the words and repeat the words. This is when we realized my little guy was very capable of learning and speaking. I would absolutely recommend it.

Original review: March 29, 2016

I am writing this review because I am frustrated with the negative reviews and claims that this program does not work. It does work, and I have had success with not just one child, but several. Those who claim the program does not work are robbing future children of the opportunity of being exposed to a great program. Because of this program, my daughter is an advanced reader, reading at a full grade level higher, but more importantly she has developed a love for reading. She has been recognized for her reading abilities and has been rewarded for reading more than both the 4th grade classes and 5th grade classes combined!

I also hold a B.A. in Early childhood education and have learned the importance of exposing children to language and reading early on in life; exactly what this program does. For those who claim it does not work, clearly did not follow the recommendation set forth by the creator, Dr. Titzer! There has been several people who have reaped the benefits of this program, so claiming the program does not work is incorrect information. Others did not have success for a reason, but it was not because the program did not work! You're welcome.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2015

I ordered Yourbabycanread on May 11, 2012 and it arrived on Oct 26. When I got it they charged me for the time I didn't even have the product. I called customer service and someone picked up and said "New phone, who this". When I finally got to cancel my order it cost me almost $300. Also, my child now has iridocyclitis from staring at the screen for so long. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT - IT IS A SCAM.

Original review: July 6, 2015

I bought this program years ago for my son. I started helping him at 8 months old. Monday through Friday we watched the videos, and read the word cards and mini books etc. One has to be an active and involved parent and child will succeed. He started to recognize hand motions first. Then he began to repeat words only a month into the program. He was only 9 months old at this time. By a year old he was READING every word in the program!! A few months later, at a year and a half years of age he began to hear a word a write it down on paper!!!

This past year my son started kindergarten and was placed in an advance reading program!!! He is reading first and second grade words! Consistency and patience is the key to success. I absolutely LOVE this program!! My son loves to read books and already had a head start in school!! What a wonderful system! Thanks you! I will continue to recommend this product to EVERY parent out there!!!

Original review: June 17, 2015

I bought the extended program a few years ago. Both my sons were reading by the age of one. I was satisfied with their reading accomplishments. The program does require a lot of patience between the teacher (mom or dad) and the baby student. Today, my boys still enjoy reading books. I still have the program and will use it again when we receive our third baby.

Yourbabycanread.com Company Information