X10

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased several cameras from X10 back in 2013, spent about $1,500 and I encountered several problems. Despite of many efforts to get the issue resolved with X10, they did not stand behind their product, nor provided any support. Instead, they blamed the Internet company for the issues. The Internet was fine. The cameras are still installed up the roof of my buildings but are in NON-WORKING conditions.

With proper documentation this could become a viable product. And, completing the programs associated with it! The install CD had outmoded, incomplete applications, and I only found out by accident. When I downloaded the right CD programs, I was able to: Finally install it wirelessly once I found a specific hidden "How to" on it! I was then able to save pictures taken from the camera using the internet connection. But recording is impossible!

OSD: NO error messages. Cryptic changing descriptions for same item. "Update" might mean: Get saved data for that screen or Default the screen or Clear the data from the screen! NO success indicator: e.g. clicking Save gives zero indication whether the save worked or not. And my favorite message: "please waiting" once in a while. This software was never completed, and the documentation for it are incomplete and lacking in proper terminology and usages. Just finding their tech support address is a mess and hard to find!

They are selling returned broken products and charging restocking fees!! The company went out of business in 2013, beware!!!

There is no phone # or email to contact customer service.

I ordered products from them and 1 1/2 weeks later, I had to call them to find out they messed up the order process. Thanks, Nick. Items were not yet shipped and after conversation with customer service, I decided this company does not have their stuff together. I cancelled my order and went to ActiveHome instead. Never again, X10. Lousy company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about X10?

X10 product I received was returned unopened under RMA. X10 claims that it processes return credits in batches, however, after many phone calls, emails, disputes with PayPal, etc., X10 has failed to refund my money. never purchase from this company. There is yet to be any resolution. I think the court is the next step.

August 03, 2011, the product was returned via UPS with RMA. On August 04, 2011, the product was received at X10.com NJ address. September 01, 2011, I called x10.com regarding the pending refund. I was told by "Aaron" that he would refer my query to a supervisor. On September 12, 2011, I called x10.com again and spoke to "Aaron" again, who stated the supervisor he spoke with 10 days ago was not in.

It has been over 5 weeks since their defective product was returned and received. They are not honoring their written commitment to refund within 30 days. Do not purchase anything from X10.com, you will be very unhappy with their "service after the sale".

I purchased a Universal Remote Control which would not work with my equipment and their tech could not solve the problem, so I returned the item on their RMA number by UPS 5 days after I received it. That was July 13, 2011 and now it is August 27 and I still have not received my refund. I have sent them 6 emails and waited on hold for over 2 hours over 4 phone calls. I bought this through PayPal and they won't help me because it has now been over 45 days since I returned the product. I will never do business again with either company if I can help it.

I previously purchased an Nstinct remote from X10. It works perfectly and it was a good value. A friend liked it and I thought it would make a good gift. I found one being sold on eBay for a lower price than on the company website. The eBay listing said it would take a while for shipping as it was drop shipped from X10. I called X10 and asked if they would match the price and was told yes. I placed the order and received confirmation. In a few days, I received a different model that was a return.

I called customer service and explained that there were two issues, I did not receive the correct model and it was a used item. They said I purchased a used item and that was why I got the low price. The sales representative never mentioned that it was used when I placed the order. The customer service said they would issue an RMA and send the info in an email. When I received the email, it stated that I was responsible for return shipping. I called again and said I shouldn't be paying for return shipping when they send the wrong model. The rep said they would submit my request. X10 has not responded to that request or a follow-up email.

I purchased some X10.com cameras and software to run the cameras. I called and emailed technical support over and over and still don't have the software running, and X10.com refuses to give me my money back because I've been trying to get it to work for more than 30 days!

The two biggest problems X10.com was never able to resolve were first, the Vanguard software. It is a memory hog and brings my PC to its knees. To get the cameras to function, I had to run it on the same PC as Active Home Pro. Now, all the macros that were working in Active Home Pro no longer work because of Vanguard. According to other users on the X10.com forum, they've never been able to get Vanguard to work. Second was the MyHome software. I have a webserver running on port 80 and found out after many hours trying to get MyHome to work that it must use port 80. X10.com gives no way to configure the software to use any other port. My suggestion is don't buy MyHome if you are running a webserver on port 80.

So, here I am stuck with cameras and software that don't work, and X10.com support won't work with me nor will the company refund my money. Buyer beware!

I took my car in to have fuel pumped and the filter replaced. After a whole day, they reported to me that the fuel pump failed. The car also needed fuel injectors and my whole front end was shot, brakes, calipers, shocks, ball bearings. They punctured my gas tank. Police just called me at work and told me to move my car from the lot since it is dangerous. The gas is leaking profusely from the car. Repairs cost me just under $900.00 but there's more wrong with my car. I can't afford this. I work in Milwaukee at the Dept of Veterans Affairs, which is 75 miles from Beloit. I do not drive home to Beloit daily.

The financial damages, and now physical damages, to my vehicle are incomprehensible. Who is going to fix this mess? Who is going to pay for it? I have only one car. It is the only way for me to get to and from work.

This site just opened to sell broken things. After that, they close and later some week or month, they open again to do the same thing: To cheat consumer. So never buy at this site. I bought "Indoor/Outdoor Color Camera with Built-In 2.4 GHz Wireless Transmitter, Notion Sensor and Dual Floodlight Lamp Holders". The only thing that works is its light, and they stay open all time. But it's not supposed to. The camera works for 30 seconds and after that, you see just garbage. So the product is just a defective product. I think this site sells just that, defective product. Their site is close for now (Jan 2010). But I'm sure they will open again later to sell defective product (from China).

I purchased a security system for my home. 3 days after installing the system, the camera failed. I called the company and was told to return the defective camera for a replacement. It took 9 days for the replacement to arrive. I installed the replacement. After 4 days, this camera also failed. I called and told the company that I wanted a full refund. I was told to mail everything back to get the refund. I had to pay my own money to send it back. I mailed everything back on Nov. 13. To this day, I have not received the refund. I had called after 2 weeks to question about the refund and was told I would get it in about 2 or 3 days. This Monday I called again and again, I was told I would get a refund in about 2 or 3 days. This money is still on my credit card. It is collecting additional interest everyday.

Back in Decenber 20th. I order a phone attachment. It was delivered to the wrong address. From that day on, I have called them every two days, they promised me a refund. We are now February 6th, no refund has come through

X10 Company Profile