1.50/5
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

World Reserve Monetary Exchange

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 29, 2017

27 World Reserve Monetary Exchange Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I have been trying for months to get the last 3 gold presidential coins to complete this set that my 92 year old Mom ordered for her grandson. I have made it my mission to call once a month to bug them thinking they would get tired of me calling and send them to her. She's elderly and doesn't understand why they don't send her what she's paid for. I've kept a record of the names of each person I've spoke with and the same lies that they all have told. What do we have to do to get these? Where else do we complain? How do they stay in business? Someone please help!

Original review: May 20, 2017

I purchased and paid for the National Park quarters and received the 2010 through 2014 coins within the dates forecast. The 2015 coins arrived in January 2016 as opposed to December 2015. I have yet to receive the 2016 coins. I attempted several calls to determine when the coins would be shipped. After numerous calls lasting in excess of 60 minutes I finally called someone who later answered and informed me that the coins were scheduled to be shipped in late March 2017. Here it is almost June and no coins. Other companies I've dealt with have already shipped their coins for 2016 and the coins received in 2016.

Those coins that were received were mailed in a regular envelope with the coin(s) glued or taped to a sheet of paper. I considered ordering other coins of considerable cost, however, the manner in which coins are shipped and delivery dates uncertain at best, I refuse to do any more business with WRME. I sent an e-mail to customer service and have not received any response. Order at your peril if you choose.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 19, 2017

I prepaid for a 40-ballistic rolls (50 coins) + a free encased coin for display with each roll + a safe to store them in of presidential dollars from Washington thru Reagan. Because Carter is still alive they cannot mint coins for him until 2-years after his death, so WRME decided to end the collection with 39 rolls instead of all 40 rolls. WRME is giving everyone that signed up for that collection a $51.00 credit. They charged my credit card $109.88 per roll for each month until all 40 rolls were paid for. It was suppose to be $98.00 per roll and $11.88 for shipping and handling. So they are keeping $58.88 of my money and everyone else's who signed up for that collection.

I called WRME and talked to a representative and he said that's what they are doing. I said I wanted to talk to a supervisor so they transferred my call to the voice mail of Rick **. I left him a message and he called me back. I said "how come they aren't paying me back the $109.88 that I paid for the roll that they cannot send me." His reply was... "that's what we decided to do". They are paying back $1.00 on the dollar for 51 (Carter) coins. I said... "but I paid $98.00 per roll plus $11.88 for shipping and handling. How can you do this?" He gave me the same response... "because that's what we decided to do"... Well in my book that's stealing. Who do they think they are just taking our money because that's what they decided to do. They should be in jail for what they are doing to me, as well as everyone else that was signed up for that collection.

I've been in contact lawyers and am trying to get a "class action lawsuit" against WRME so anyone that is getting screwed over by them for this collection, you can contact me at **. We need to stick together and show these big shots that they cannot treat their customers like this and get away with it. I hope it costs them dearly. Because they "will" pay all court costs and attorney fees for this lawsuit. Tell everyone you know that is getting screwed over by these "people" to not let them get away with it... We will fight back and get what is legally ours!!! I've been reading a lot of other people's complaints, and it sounds as if "they" are doing whatever "they" want to do to their customers. It seems like "they" are perfectly comfortable by screwing people out of money that "they" received for products that were never delivered. How can they sleep at night knowing what they are doing to people every day?

Original review: March 22, 2017

So very disappointed. I replied to a newspaper ad for two sets of presidential dollar coins. Prepaid and that was one dumb thing to do. I was supposed to get two full collections. I rec'd some of the dollars sporadically and when I phoned to let them know I had missing coins the response was I should go on Ebay to purchase the coins I was missing. The way the coins came in the mail was taped on a sheet of paper in an envelope. Some of the envelopes were even ripped open and I complained of that also. The photo I have added shows the paper that the last two coins were attached to. I never rec'd several of the coins and now they won't finish the sets. I also was sent a claim form and filled it out and mailed back letting them know which coins I was missing but never heard back.

I bought these coins for my grandchildren and they will never have complete sets now. BUT THEY HAVE MY MONEY and sent me some "store credit" number but when I try to contact online I can never get on their site. When I call I can never get an answer on the phone. I hear from others that the "credit" is minuscule compared to what was charged for these coins. I'm a collector and have NEVER had problems with other companies. I am so disgusted that they are able to get away with this. SO... I'm definitely interested in joining up with any interested parties to file a class action lawsuit. Give us what you promised or give us our money back. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THE WORLD RESERVE AGAIN!!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I bought 2 sets and am missing 3 coins in each very upset how much I paid for sets and now worth nothing because of missing coins was sent over 9 years and didn't realize until I received last shipment I was missing these coins.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Reserve Monetary Exchange?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I purchased two sets of these coins - delivery was sporadic at best. Several coins are missing from my collection but no one has ever responded to emails or calls to resend them to me. Then, they stop making the coins and offered me a whopping 3 dollar store credit for the missing coins on TWO sets. THREE bucks? I spend hundreds on these sets. My set is worth nothing with the missing coins. Then, of course, there is nothing on the website for $3 and if you did want to purchase something you have to send them a check or money order for the rest. They don't even have credit card offerings. What a great way to keep money from thousands of people who don't want to send in a check or money order to buy stuff they don't want anyway. Quite the racket.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I'm sorry that others have had to report a bad review for The WRME. I also bought the Presidential Dollar Collection with both the "P" and the "D" mints, and both orders are now complete as of last week's final delivery. I had one experience where I had to call and say "one of the shipments didn't arrive," and they shipped me replacements the next day.

I also bought another collection of uncirculated coins and not a single problem. I got exactly what I ordered, and in a timely manner as promised. I will say that the last few shipments of coins came in a less quality manner, and could've looked like flimsy "junk mail" that I've almost thrown out. (Thankfully opened first.) The shipments of the entire collection took a long time, and was almost cancelled by others outside of WRME's control, but they were honest and kept sending updates. I'm wondering if others threw out what they thought was junk mail. Bottom line: I will buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I have spent the better part of 3 years trying to get the coins Philadelphia mint Warren G Harding & Calvin Coolidge that I didn't receive. After multiple calls they a year later sent out a form to fill out from the department of fraud & theft prevention, so I filled it out & sent it off to them on January 22, 2015 & here it is 2 yrs later & nothing! Calling them now as I am filling out this review & 45 min into the call & no one has yet to answer. My collection is worthless without these 2 coins as not complete without them. The hours on the phone is just ridiculous. If there is a class action lawsuit against the World Reserve Monetary Exchange I would definitely would join in! I need to hang up phone now no one answering now & been nearly an hour. ANYONE HAVE TIME TO START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST "WORLD RESERVE MONETARY EXCHANGE"?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I saw a lot of bad reviews for this company. I have been dealing with this company since 2009 and I ordered some uncirculated coins which came with a safe to keep it in. I received all of my coins and bills and everything was satisfactory. I have had no problems with this company. I think they send you what you pay for. I also saw something about WRME having an ad about bags of coins. It says right on the ad that your bags MAY contain rare coins... so people should read that and assume there won't be any...then if there are...be happy. I just wanted to put some positive feedback because all I saw was negative.

Original review: July 22, 2016

Do not buy from them. Poorest customer service I have had all my life. Bought ballistic 50.00 rolls paid for already. Have been waiting for 1 about a half years. Always says they are on their way, never got. Beware, do not buy anything from them!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

I never received presidents Harding and Coolidge coins since April 2014. I was told they were mailed to me, I never received them. I filled out, and returned the investigation form. I have been constantly calling to follow up since April 2014, I coins still have not been replaced. I was told the company no longer has the coins. That is not my problem, I paid for them. At this point I am sick and fed-up with being ignored by World Reserve Monetary Exchange. I want a refund for the two coins, so I can try to find them online, and there's no missing coins in the collection. I will never again purchased anything else from this company. Their customer service is very bad for business. I am extremely disappointed with them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

Poor services and non-accountability for failure to send already-paid-for coins. I had email WRME concerning an email that I received from their shipping department that they have shipped my 2014 coins. About three weeks went by and I never received them. Therefore, I email back to them that I never received the shipped coins. Martin with WRME email me back, saying that the shipping department made an error and did not ship my coins, but he would make sure they were shipped.

Couple months went by and still no coins. All Martin would do is advise his supervisor they were not shipped. Meanwhile, due to numerous mails back and forth I discovered that I have not been getting all the coins they claim they shipped to me. Missing 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 coins. Martin advised me to talk to Customer Service. That were they said that they are not responsible for not shipping the coins because I did not notified within 90 days of them shipping the coins.

I told them how could I have notified them if I didn't know they were shipped since they previously had not sent the coins due to issues within the company. Didn't matter to them and they said it still my fault. I have already paid for them and they wouldn't even refund my money for the missing coin. When ask for proof of shipping, they could not provide any. If I want to complete my already-paid-for collection, I will have to find another company to buy them from, this is what their service representative told me. What a joke this company is. Stay away from buying anything from WRME.

Original review: April 27, 2015

Horrible, horrible, horrible! In June 2014 2 coins were supposedly shipped to me, which I never received. I have been trying since then--calling at least twice a month, every month--to get my coins. Even though they have computers and seem to be taking notes- every single time I call I get a different answer as to the status of the coins; half of the representatives speak another language and I must ask over and over what they said. One time, I actually asked for someone who spoke English as I was running out of patience. Sometimes they have no record of my calling at all; other times I've been told they shipped then following week been told they don't have any and it goes on and on. Still no coins! I cannot imagine running a business like this. Almost done with the issue and will never do business with this company again.

Original review: March 12, 2015

Ad in USA Today about selling bags of not looked at or searched. I paid $50.00 a bag for these coins, each bag had 1 steel penny, 3 indian head cents and 33 wheat pennies. No coins were found from 1909 to 1939, all the wheat pennies were in the 1940's and the 1950's. Each bag had a total of about $10.00 in coins and each bag was the same, so someone did look at these coins and took any good ones. I am going to file with the BBB and the newspaper. DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM THIS COMPANY. BAD NEWS.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I placed an order after seeing their ad in the newspaper. I was offered the choice of paying to have it delivered to my address and sign for it or have it delivered thru the postal service. They shipped it to the post office thru UPS. Now the post office has no record of getting the package. World Reserve claims they have no postal service tracking number nor does UPS. I am out $65.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

I ordered one of their "bags of money". I got just what everyone else got. Scammed. You would think a reputable newspaper like USA Today would make sure the ads they run are legitimate. Shame on them. I am guessing that getting my money back is either going to be really difficult or impossible. Its sad that people even do these things to each other.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2014

I received 4 two dollar bills, one sheet of 4 two dollar bills uncut, and three very used one dollar bills - $19.00 that cost $113.00 on my Visa credit card. I returned the entire order to Canton OH and it cost me $6.99!!!

Original review: June 16, 2014

During a trip to Clermont, FL I came across the story in the paper about how only certain area codes were allowed to get these bags of money and no one knew how much was in the bags since the government had sealed the bags.. BS of course I ordered before checking them out on the internet. They said 30 money back guarantee. Of course the second time you call they never come to the phone...

Original review: May 12, 2014

The World Monetary Exchange Inc. was giving away $19 for the price of $99. They made it seem like you were getting $99. Looking into the ad, you were only receiving $19, while pictures of $50 bills taunt you. I did not buy this product, but I saw the advertisement in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Original review: May 3, 2014

I had signed up for automatic withdrawal on my credit cards for the entire series of the US Presidential Coins. The order included 2 "vaults:" one from the Denver Mint and one from the Philadelphia. Forty-four charges of $88 x 44 = $3872, from 10/87 through 5/90. I have documentation to prove these credit charges. I was contacted by WRME in 2011 that I had an option to continue to receive the coins through the end of my contract with WRME, OR to request a refund for the coins not received. Since I did not trust the WRME to honor its obligations, I opted for a refund of the remainder of the non-shipped merchandise. I was very unpleasantly surprised to receive a refund of only $525, a fraction of the money I was charged. The last shipment received included Woodrow Wilson, the 28th President.

On 1/24/14 I contacted WRME and spoke with Carmen and requested my US Presidential Coin reservations be reinstated, because I was appalled at the difference in the money refunded vs what was charged to my credit cards. I returned the check received from WRME. On 3/10/14 I again contacted WRME and spoke with Jessica at 8:55 PDT, advising that I had returned my refund check and requested my Presidential coin orders be sent. It was my understanding that there was a Presidential coin shipment being made in March 2014, which I have NOT received, WRME has my refund check, money for goods NEVER shipped, and my agreement that WRME is a HUGE SCAM.

Original review: April 30, 2014

I received 3 (so-called) sealed bags of Buffalo nickels totaling 48 nickels. Around 80 percent of them had the date worn off. Also each bag contained an uncirculated 2006 Liberty quarter and an uncirculated 2005 Jefferson nickel. If they were sealed, how and why were they in there?? They never said in the ad that these were junk coins!! I feel I've been ripped off!!!!

Original review: April 19, 2014

Same old story. WRME can take people's money and just walk away. Is there any recourse to this now being undertaken, by any parties, that can put a stop to this? I haven't received any of the last 8 Presidential series.

Original review: June 20, 2013

It amazes me that the country's newspaper, USA TODAY, continues to advertise "rare" coin "deals" when in the past I have exposed the company (WRME) for false advertising based on their claims. Previously, I had ordered a bag of 1,000 coins which were claimed to contain some "rare" coins. I paid around $100 for the bag, but when received, the contents were actually worth no more than $15 - $20. I managed to get my money back but lost about $15 in shipping and handling expenses.

Now the WRME advertises in USA TODAY "Public gets Vault Bags full of rarely seen US Gov't. Minted coins - $29 Vault Bags loaded with nearly 100 year old Gov't issued coins being snapped up" (limit 10 per customer). Caution - this, too, is a huge rip-off and money wasted on high hopes. SHAME on this company for making outrageous claims, and shame on USA TODAY for continuing to let them advertise (I guess the almighty dollar speaks). Don't be suckered in by this company! If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is not.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2011

I saw an advertisement in the National Post of August 19, 2011 from the World Reserve Monetary Exchange offering uncut sheets of US$2 bills. I placed an order not knowing that it's a scam. Up until now, I have not received anything despite cancelling my order, even though the money has been removed from my credit card. This company promised seven to ten days delivery and full money-back guarantee, but they're all liars.They should not be allowed to advertise in Canada again. It's a fraudulent organization.

Original review: April 6, 2011

I was away on travel in Indianapolis and while waiting in the airport, I saw an ad from the US Mint and noticed an offer on sheets of $2.00 bills. I called and placed an order for the amount of $456.88. When I boarded the plain, I noticed that the fine print in the article showed the company World Reserve Monetary and they disclosed that they were not affiliated with the US Mint. When I got home, I called to cancel the order since I spoke to a friend of mine and he stated that they were not a good company. I called 1-866-282-6587 to cancel the order and was told that they could not cancel the order since the merchandise was pulled from the warehouse.

I asked the representative to call the warehouse to cancel the order. The representative would not. I asked to speak to her supervisor and the supervisor (Veronica) stated the same, that they cannot cancel the order and she stated that I should refuse the shipment when it comes. On April 2, 2011, I received an email from FedEx with a tracking number. I called FedEx and asked to refuse the shipment. They gave me a confirmation number on the refusal of shipment (**). I checked my American Express, World Reserve Monetary had already billed my account in the amount of $456.88.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2011

I received an invoice for $1,100.97 for a safe and a few coins. The safe was damaged upon arrival and the coins have no value. I was charged $346.00 on my Visa card prior to the arrival of the safe and coins. I telephoned this company numerous times in the past eight months. I attempted to return the products and I was told that I would have to pay $200.00 for return shipping. They continue to invoice me for the balance. I would like to start or join a class action lawsuit against World Reserve Monetary Exchange. I am out $346.00 for a damage safe that I cannot afford to pay $200.00 to return.

Original review: July 22, 2010

I paid over $1,000.00 for presidential dollar coins which are issued each year to me. This year 2010, 4 presidential dollars are to be released for distribution to the purchaser. I did receive the Millard Fillmore presidential vault tube dollars which was released on February 26, 2010. I have not received the Franklin Pierce presidential vault tube dollars which was released May 28, 2010. I contacted World Reserve Monetary Exchange 1 month after the release date and they told me that it would be shipped in a couple of days. It has nearly been 2 months and I have not received my Franklin Pierce Presidential vault tube dollars. Can you help me receive my coins?

World Reserve Monetary Exchange Company Information