2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (4406 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Top Wayfair Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Decorated my whole house through Wayfair. I have to say, I was skeptical about ordering online, but Wayfair made it not only very easy, but I was able to keep within my budget and...

Verified

I ordered a cocktail table from Wayfair. After reading some reviews I became apprehensive, but I had a great experience, I received both email and texts advising of delivery date ...

Wayfair products and website features

Wayfair’s inventory is made of home goods across several categories. Some of the most popular categories include:

• Furniture: Sofas, coffee tables, TV stands, headboards, dining tables and desks
  • Bed & bath: Comforters, quilts, linens, pillows, mirrors, towels and shower curtains
  • Kitchen: Dinnerware, drinkware, cookware, utensils, appliances and food storage
  • Baby & kids: Cribs, beds, dressers, organizers, bookcases and outdoor toys
  • Storage: Shelves, racks, cabinets, drawers and baskets for all room types
  • Lighting: Chandeliers, sconces, lamps, shades and landscape and solar lighting
  • Outdoor: Furniture, grills, planters, fire pits, trampolines, sandboxes and mailboxes

You can create lists and registries on Wayfair’s website to save wanted items or notify family and friends about particular items on a gift wish list. You must have an account to create a list or registry, but you don’t need an account to shop from one. All registry items include free shipping.

Another helpful feature on Wayfair’s website is the 3D visualization tool, which gives you the ability to create and save rooms to help plan and visualize specific items or furniture in your home.

You can download the Wayfair app to quickly access the company’s extensive catalog, visualize products in your space with the “View in Room” feature, track packages and more.

Wayfair prices

Wayfair offers products ranging from budget items to luxury pieces, so pricing varies based on what you’re shopping for. For budget-conscious shoppers, Wayfair provides a filter-sorting system that lets you look up items by price, sort from low to high or set a custom range.

Wayfair shipping cost

Most orders from Wayfair include free shipping, but the company charges a flat rate of $4.99 for any order less than $35.

Wayfair credit card

The company offers a store credit card that can be used at all Wayfair-managed brands, including AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold. Using the card gives you free shipping with no order minimum and other rewards, such as 3% back in rewards or special financing. The card has no annual fee, and it typically includes an introductory offer.

Wayfair FAQ

Is Wayfair owned by Walmart or Amazon?
Neither Walmart or Amazon owns Wayfair. Wayfair was founded by Niraj Shah and Steve Conine in 2002.
Is AllModern part of Wayfair?
Yes, Wayfair operates five branded retail websites, including Wayfair. The other sites are AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold.
Is Wayfair a reliable website?
The Wayfair site is reliable and used by consumers across the United States. To view customers’ experiences with Wayfair and its website, read our most recent reviews.
Is Wayfair good quality?
Products on the Wayfair site are good quality, though the company does not manufacture the products it sells. Customers who are unhappy with their purchase can return or exchange the item at no cost.

Is Wayfair legit?

Yes, Wayfair is a legitimate company with safe practices surrounding shopping, shipping and consumer privacy. Wayfair provides customers with a one-stop shopping experience that lets you purchase home goods, furniture and appliances from one site. The company has several features on its website and app to help shoppers visualize Wayfair products in their home, which is helpful to online shoppers. Some items can be pricey, but Wayfair offers a vast selection of products at a range of price points.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

WAYFAIR!! I love the affair we’ve maintained!! Your app is super easy to shop with, and your customer service is phenomenal!!!! I have been blown away by the way you have handled a couple of shipments I ordered lightly. All the products are super great quality! But what really impressed me was the remedy you provided when an order was not tracking from UPS. Not only did you send me a 2nd shipment of the item I ordered, but when I ordered patio furniture and two pieces were damaged ~~ you immediately sent the replacement parts! AND you actually sent more parts than I needed! I appreciate your generosity so much! When I discovered that I had an extra shipment I called and your customer service was so lovely about making things right. You told me to go ahead and keep the second shipment for all of the trouble I had when I placed an order in April that was out of stock. WOW!!

You also sent me an apology email with a coupon for 10% off my next order AND $20 off coupon as well!! NO company treats customers like this! THANK YOU!!

It’s also wonderfully convenient that I can call on a weekend night and Customer Service is available! I am WOWED by you, WAYFAIR!!!! I think your prices are quite reasonable and the only issue I have is staying on your app toooo long! The one thing that could use some improvement ~~ if someone orders an item and they don’t get it because it's out of stock, it would be nice to let the customer know.  Super happy with you and I foresee a very lengthy relationship between us!!

Original review: June 2, 2021

I ordered the Zayne Standard Bed for my bedroom a week ago from Wayfair and I'm actually realizing that how it feels to sleep on a high quality bed. My sleep is turned out to be healthy and a lot easier than before. There's no irritating sounds that old used beds make. Moreover the design is so attractive it is perfectly blended with my room's colour and design.

I'm 100% satisfied with the bed quality and design that Wayfair is providing. In addition, I also received free 2 day shipping offer too. I got the bed delivered at my doorstep in just 2 days for FREE! Can you imagine that such heavy objects are delivered to my house totally free of cost. The people that delivered the bed also set it up in my bedroom. I didn't need to call anyone else to set it up in my bedroom. I have experienced the best services from Wayfair that their people are so cooperative and hard working. And most importantly I was able to grab great discount on my order online via this site, **. Who wouldn't like to save on their spendings. I got 10% off on my order through this website. I copied the code and simply pasted it in the checkout. I would recommend to shop from Wayfair because they got best products and best services with great discounts available online.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I ordered an adjustable sofa from Wayfair for $389, while still waiting for delivery, the price of the item dropped to $289. I called Wayfair and asked them to do a price adjustment since I haven't received the item yet. They said they don't do that and it was against their policy. I was shocked because all their comparators do price adjustment when item goes on sale within 30 days. Customer service rep recommended to cancel item and for me to reorder it, she placed me on hold for 30 minutes then hung up. I got an email confirmation that the item was canceled but I was charged $160 handling fees, rep never mentioned that there is a fee. Just horrible experience, I'm going to delete my account and will tell all my family and friends about the bad experience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I purchased a large furniture item, the stitching was off and there was a rip at the bottom. I was unhappy and wanted a refund. I went online the day that it arrived at my home and went through the quick and easy return. I uploaded pictures of the issue, and in moments they refunded my money. I was not asked to return the item! It was not what I wanted, and I don't have space for two in my home. I am a teacher and was able to donate it to one of my former students who is just starting out in her new place. This was so meaningful to me, and her! I can't say enough about how generous this was, not greedy and wasteful. I will for sure be shopping with Wayfair again, I am truly impressed.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

In February 2020 I purchased a couch, loveseat and a chair and numerous other living room items. The couch and love seat. From from the red barrel collection which is pretty expensive. It was delivered in March and I was very pleased with it until November 2020 when I noticed the padding in the back one side of the sofa was going flat and starting to hurt my back and I was disappointed because I had paid so much and and I was dreading to contact them because I thought I would get a run around and tell me there was nothing they could do. But we was a shock when they wrote me back and told me to donate mine to charity or give it to someone in need, that they were shipping me a brand new replacement. I was in total shock and I cannot say enough about how pleased I am and will be doing more business with him in the future. Thank you Wayfair so much.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

If I could give Wayfair less than 1 star I would have. I purchased a love seat and matching couch from Wayfair with the extended warranty through Square Trade. 2 months after receiving the couches the color started to wear off. Instead of contacting Wayfair I decided to wait and not waste anyone’s time over a small area of color change. I thought to myself I have an extra warranty I will just wait to see if the couches have any other issues. Now, the couch is losing the stitching. I called Square Trade to file a claim and was advised that because the coloring is coming off, the entire warranty is voided. When I purchased the warranty it said “covers normal wear and tear in addition to Accidental damage”. Neither square trade or Wayfair are standing behind their product. We now have a couch 1 week past a year and we can’t use it. I would not recommend purchasing anything from Wayfair or Square Trade.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

The products are ok. You get what you pay for, however after you order something you can click on an icon to cancel item. It will say cancelled but you receive the item anyway. All I get is "the warehouse does not cancel it" but the site gave you the option to cancel it. It is a lot of trouble when you order a large piece of furniture and try to cancel it 12 hours later. It will say cancelled then you get a notification it was shipped. There is no communication between the company and warehouses.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I ordered a what I thought was a big wall clock to cover my wall in my living room. It looked huge online. It came to me and it ended up being 21 inches! Horrible. It was expensive too and I was excited for it to arrive. Will never shop here again! Such horrible and false advertisement! Wayfair needs to be ashamed of themselves lying and putting false online to sell!! Won’t get my business anymore! Ever again!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

My girlfriend bought a king size bed frame that had thin wooden supports which of course snapped the second it had to support 2 people. Called customer service and they were very nice and understanding and refunded the full price back to our account. So we thought this time we'd try a metal frame and wouldn't you know it, upon opening most of the bars were bent or snapped off. The company had to be aware of this issue as it shipped out because one of the supports was sticking out of the cardboard, bent, and they slapped some more cardboard on it and sent it to us. My girlfriend also bought a sofa at the same time as the original frame and it does its job as a sofa but it's not a sofa for fully grown adults, it's half the size of a normal sofa. Just save yourself the headache and spend the money on the expensive but good quality furniture.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I bought an L shape Desk from WayFair how ever it was damage, I spoke with Ashley claims to be a manager and she did nothing about it. The Quality was very poor. The customer service was not good at all. I will never shop Wayfair ever again. Ashley all she did was give me the run around and did not resolve anything at all. I have left her several messages and never called me back.

Wayfair Company Information