3.3/5 (57 ratings)

About Walmart Beauty Box

Walmart Beauty Box Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Beauty Box?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Beauty Box?

Original review: April 17, 2022

Walmart insists on sending small items one at at time via Door Dash even when I don't want them to. To make matters worse, Walmart does not supply the Door Dash driver with my complete address even though they have it. I have a Door Dash account, but Door Dash does not supply it to the driver, either. As a result, I have not received many orders, or as in one case, the Door Dash driver left an expensive electronic at a vacant house because Walmart will not give Door Dash drivers my house number. How on earth does Walmart expect anyone to deliver an item with only a street address and no house number. Repeated contact with Walmart and Door Dash does not seem to correct this. This just happened to me again today. I am going back to boycotting Walmart. Should have never started shopping with them again. This is the most stupid problem I can think of. All Walmart has to do is give the Door Dash driver my house number. Seems so simple. Right? I guess not for Walmart.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

I subscribed to Walmart's Beauty Box Subscription for a few months when it was $5 a box. It was far from impressive but a fun surprise for only $5. When they randomly upped the price to $7.60 I canceled my subscription because even though it was just a couple bucks, it wasn’t worth it and I never got anything great in the boxes.

Fast forward 9 months, I randomly got charged $7.60 for the Winter 2021 box after not receiving the Summer or Fall 2021 boxes after canceling in February 2021 with the Spring 2021 box. I contacted Walmart and after dealing with a few representatives who knew nothing about the subscription, I was sent to “Cara” who actually knew about the subscription but refused to refund me for the product I was charged for without authorization. She arrogantly insisted that was the only one that was able to speak to me about my issue and refused to refund me and it took several attempts with her to even get in writing that yes my account was once again canceled and that my credit card was removed from the account (because clearly canceling it last time did nothing). Cara showed complete lack of basic understanding and customer service, but what else do you expect when dealing with Walmart employees?

Get buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I cancelled my subscription back in 2020 and it was accepted since I never received another quarterly box nor was charge. All of a sudden on 11/22/21, there is a charge on my AMEX for Walmart/Brandshare for $ 7.98 that I never authorized. Found my password and signed in to the Beauty Box website and there is no way to see the credit card information in order to delete it. Thank God for AMEX who is helping me dispute the charge and has issued a block on Walmart to charge my card.

It is very disappointing that Brandshare is tarnishing Walmart's name. I had elected to get the subscription back in 2018 because it was associated with Walmart and it was $ 5.00. It was fine until 2020 when they started sending products not associated with my profile. How dare they charge someone card without authorization considering the subscription was cancelled over a year ago. Oh yeah, had to re-cancel since someone removed the status from cancelled to active. UGH.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The employees do not speak English and do not seem to want to help because they do not understand English. In the future, I will go out of my way, so I do not have to shop at Walmart. I wonder if they are hiring illegals. If there are hiring Americans, they are so uneducated; they cannot speak English. The store reminded me of Kmart before they closed.

Original review: June 14, 2021

They say they send you full size items since the price increase from $5 to $6.98. This has found to be not true. I just received my 2021 spring/ summer box after fighting for them (brandshare) to send to me. The items were ALL samples with the exception of one item an overnight face skin mask. So if you think you're getting full size items, wrong. Since they changed their price there service has been terrible and not worth the amount you pay OR what they show that you will be getting. So... beware... too good to be true. My account after years is now cancelled.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Ugh! I used to love it when it was $5 but now that the prices have raised; the products have gotten so much worse! The box I received today had nothing to do with me. I have curly hair and received a smoothing set for straight hair, men’s shave cream, Listerine tabs (I’m a severe asthmatic) a lipstick in hot pink, and a teeny tiny sunscreen that I kept for emergencies. I gave away all but 1 product. If you’re going to charge a premium price, at least pay attention to people’s profiles. I’m canceling future boxes.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

On January 5, 2021, I ordered both of the winter 2020 beauty boxes. I received only one. I sent my first email 2 weeks later saying the first was received within days and I still hadn’t received the second. I got an automated response saying due to Covid there would be delays in a response up to 10 business days. I replied back and said it was over 10 business days and still nothing. Since then I have emailed SEVEN more times and have never gotten a response once. There is no phone number or direct email address for the Walmart beauty box...CustomerCare BrandShare is all I have.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I have received many Walmart Beauty Boxes over the past years, but without doubt the last box I received for the Winter Season 2020 has to be the worst ever! It seems like the actual products offered are becoming less and less. I would like to suggest adding more products and less coupons! When the decisions are made to put items in the boxes, they should offer more beauty products such as makeup, nail polish, perfume, etc., not hand sanitizer, toothpaste (even though I do like the samples), arthritis creams and so on. This is called a beauty box, make it about things to make women feel and look beautiful!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I recently purchased a Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor Finger Pulse Oximeter SPO2 Pulse Oximeter from Walmart.com. The product sold by Wango does not work. I have sent numerous emails to both Wango and Walmart with videos of the product not working. I want to return the product and get a complete refund. I have not received any solution for the past 1+ months. The customer service is truly pathetic.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

When I received the latest Wal-Mart beauty box it was missing 4 items. I sent an email and was told several days later that not all boxes have the same amount of products. The booklet in the box shows 7 products I received 3. Obviously this was a mistake and easily corrected. Since I was dismissed and there's no way to speak to anyone I cancelled my subscription. Every box I've received has all of the products shown in the booklet in the box. I was lied to and that's inexcusable.

Walmart Beauty Box author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walmart started selling their own beauty box subscription a few years ago. The boxes ship once each season and contain sample-size or full-size beauty and cosmetics products sold in Walmart stores.

• Customized by age: Walmart has two versions of their beauty box, one for those over 35 and over (the Classic box) and one for those under 35 (the Trendsetter box). Consumers enter their ages when they sign up for a subscription.

• Coupons: Most months, these beauty boxes include coupons for a few of the items included so customers who like those products can save on full-size versions.

• Price: The Walmart Beauty Box is only $5, so consumers who would like to order a beauty box can try out the trend for a very low price.

• Seasonal: Walmart ships four beauty boxes each year, one each season. Consumers who don’t want to try new cosmetics or beauty products every month may prefer this schedule.

• Second box: Consumers who want more than one box can add a second one to their order. They can also set it up for a different age group to receive a Trendsetter and a Classic box.

Walmart Beauty Box Company Information