2. Shopping
  3. Beauty Box

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5

Walmart Beauty Box Reviews

Original review: May 29, 2020

I consulted my wife on this. He had previously used Birchbox but last August, 2019, decided to switch because monthly was too much product to justify the price. All deliveries have been on time and we've never had to talk to customer service. The cost breaks down to about $1 per item. All of the items I've thought to notice while shopping in WM have indeed been sold at WM. Personally, I cannot tell the difference between middle and upper middle or lower middle beauty products, but my man tells me that the WM products will suffice for 99% of his needs. Ok. I've tried the lip balm once or twice. He seems happy with it. He runs out of the product he uses and we just gift the stuff he doesn't to friends and fam.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

For a bargain box, this is one of the best. PROS: Affordable price (S&H) and only comes quarterly. Easy to find the products online or in-store should you like the sample. Sometimes, the items are full-size - especially lip & eye cosmetics. Always nicely boxed and sometimes includes a small cosmetics bag. There is a beauty profile you can fill out. CONS: The beauty profile is not always followed & you might get a weird makeup shade. There sometimes repeat items (not always a bad thing). The shipping seems out of sync with the seasons. (My Autumn box arrived at the end of December.) I don't see any way to review the individual boxes on Walmart for other shoppers.

Overall, the types of items you get are based on your profile. I have gotten razors, lipstick/gloss, hair products (shampoo/conditioner, hair spray, treatment masks), face masks (wearables & creams), tooth whitening items, wet wipe products, shower products (wet lotions, scrubs, etc). When they get it right, they get it right. Out of 5 boxes, I have only been more disappointed than pleased with one of them.

Get buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This is my first Beauty Box and I love it! 6 samples - 5 of which are good or even full sized (NYX lipgloss, LALAFOX moisturizing face mask, Dove deodorant spray, PurelyInspired Collagen Peptides dietary supplement powder pack, Hard Candy Mattifying Primer, Nivea oil infused body lotion packet). Fun to try new products, and I didn't even realize WalMart carried these brands or items. Took 11 days to receive it but seems like it didn't ship out until 9 days after I ordered it.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I ordered a box of Walmart and on the second day they sent!!! After 2 weeks I already got my box!!! And joy!!! Otkrila and their toothpaste Hello, Collagen peptides, Dove dry shampoo, eyebrow set SALON PERFECT, face mask and cosmetics!!! And all this FOR $5!!! I LOVE WALMART!!! GOING TO ORDER ALWAYS!!! AND ALL THE ADVICE!!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

If you join for a nominal $5.00 shipping fee, Walmart sends you a box with a variety of products. Granted not every box is always a product I'll use but it always introduces items that often become a favorite. This month was outstanding! I got an eyebrow kit that is fabulous. They sent an organic protein and collagen sample that I will be purchasing. Loved the charcoal mask, dry shampoo and wonderful Hello toothpaste. Granted a few items are sample size but that just fills my travel bag nicely. The eyebrow kit was full size and came with a highlighter and sharpener. To top it off, they included a cute little bag perfect for putting all my necessary purse junk into. I can't say enough good things about the box and look forward to its arrival every quarter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Beauty Box?

Original review: May 28, 2020

I don't mind the $5 shipping for the sample beauty box bc it's fair. I also don't mind that there are less items than when it 1st started years ago. The thing that irks me to no end is when you go to cancel the subscription, you can't log in to your own account. Error message even after resetting password AND emailing the company through the reply service provided in the confirmation email, apparently, the only way to contact this company. I'm not even sure it's legitimately associated with Walmart. If it is, then they're all up to no good. I was just testing the service with a cancellation request to see if it would let me & sure enough, they won't let me log in, much less cancel. It's only been a few days yet, but most companies reply right away to at least let you know someone is on it. Nothing at all!

I'd be surprised if this review makes it for the readers to see. I'll probably have to change my credit card # so they can't keep charging me without me being able to cancel. Now that I think about it, the same thing happened years ago. It's been so long, I figured it would've changed by now, but I guess it hasn't. I haven't read anyone else's review saying they've been hustled, so why me?

Original review: May 28, 2020

Travel size deodorant. Sample hair care. Had a good amount of other items. I really look forward to receiving the box. Sample size toothpaste. I wish there were full size. Packaging was beautiful. Everything arrived undamaged. Civ

Original review: May 26, 2020

When I received the beauty box it was well put together. Some of the items I couldn't use. Like the masks because I have breakouts and real bad rosacea. Other than that everything else I could use. Would definitely try the beauty box again from Wal-Mart.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I have been getting the Walmart beauty box for a number of years now. It comes with some samples and some coupons for the products. It has gone down in contents recently but is still ok and it’s fun to get and try the new products.

Original review: May 19, 2020

The beauty box was mostly sample packets of some products I had never used. In my opinion, the sample sizes were not enough to make a determination on whether I would commit to the full size purchase(s) because the brand names were often expensive, like ROC. There were some boxes that included full size mascara or lip gloss but I was more interested in the skin care products and they were lacking in size and quantity. The box is a good value for sample and trial packets; don't expect much every time but you can sometimes find a surprise or two when you open it.

Walmart Beauty Box author review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart started selling their own beauty box subscription a few years ago. The boxes ship once each season and contain sample-size or full-size beauty and cosmetics products sold in Walmart stores.

• Customized by age: Walmart has two versions of their beauty box, one for those over 35 and over (the Classic box) and one for those under 35 (the Trendsetter box). Consumers enter their ages when they sign up for a subscription.

• Coupons: Most months, these beauty boxes include coupons for a few of the items included so customers who like those products can save on full-size versions.

• Price: The Walmart Beauty Box is only $5, so consumers who would like to order a beauty box can try out the trend for a very low price.

• Seasonal: Walmart ships four beauty boxes each year, one each season. Consumers who don’t want to try new cosmetics or beauty products every month may prefer this schedule.

• Second box: Consumers who want more than one box can add a second one to their order. They can also set it up for a different age group to receive a Trendsetter and a Classic box.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team