4.24/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Walmart Beauty Box

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 16, 2017

17 Walmart Beauty Box Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I chose this box because it fits my budget. They also include great products and I know I can trust the products being sent to me. I like the products I get and they always meet my expectations. It helps me to branch out and try new products. They also know my skin tone and what kind of colors I like so the products always looks great on me. But I would love to be able to pick what goes in my box one time a year. I also wish it let you earn some type of points to use towards special items for your box.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

The Walmart beauty box is cool beans and has a very reasonable price. It is a treat to have new products to try and I look forward to getting samples in the mail. I found a new product that I like and want to purchase. I need the travel sizes for trips. Also enjoy having the opportunity to have samples on hand. I also like the coupons that come with the box. But sometimes I get products I do not care for. So it is fun to pass them on to family and friends. I like to give as gifts if I do not use and they are thankful to get a nice sample to use. I reuse the box for a gift box too. It would be nice though to choose from a selection of products. Then it would be fun to reorder the product that I like to use more often.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

The box met my expectations. Quality make up and good price. I got some lipstick and eyeshadow. I also got some foundation. It was nice. One of the best that I have used by far. I've tried other kinds of boxes and I think that It was a reasonable price. It was really easy to get and I also got it quickly. I liked the packaging the box came in and how quickly I got the box. I liked the eyeshadow and lip colors provided. It made me feel pretty Plus the product met my needs. However it needed a little more variety. I would have liked some more skin care products. I would have also liked better foundation. They could also have added some more individualized Products.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I bought the Walmart Beauty Box because it was economical. I buy products from their stores all the time. It was a company I trust and whose products I also trust. It was also very inexpensive. The variety of products contained in the box was a big plus. It was advantageous to receive many of the same brand and quality items that I already buy from their stores. I was pleased with what I received and it was equitable to the price, but getting more of a variety would've been appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Some items too low quality for price paid. Would rather see high quality products for a small increase in price than having a bunch of Dollar products that I won't use. I should be able to choose an area I would like to have makeup for and the box should be custom to my preferences. I get face cream and masks every month. I like getting random items however they should be random in an area I approve of. It would also be nice if the box included one or two items that everyone uses all the time. Something like Chapstick or blush or eyeliner in every box that gets sent out. That way I feel like I can gamble on what products I get because I will always get something that will always be useful.

Walmart is the best store that is in my local area that carries top of the line products. The reviews I read online were generally well above average so it was really a no brainer as to choosing their beauty box. If I go to Walmart for makeup I am usually going for a single certain item, with the purchase of the beauty box it really cuts down on even having to think about buying makeup. I almost always have extras of most products so I will never run out.

Lots of items in the box and the price was very fair. I have seen a few top shelf products in my beauty box and that is also a plus. The bag that is included in each box is also great. I like the colors which I assume are based on consumer reports or best selling shades. The items were easily worth 50 percent more than the price I paid. I like the selection that a big store like Walmart offers, I am pretty much guaranteed to get quality products, and for the most part I have been very happy with the products I have received. I like that the products seem truly random and never knowing what I will receive is always exciting. I also like that I rarely have to shop for beauty products just because I order the box. I enjoy trying new items that I receive in the box that I most likely would not have purchased alone. Some of my favorite products have been discovered like that.

But it should have at least one or two large items instead of all small items. They should have different box sizes, qualities, and prices. If I pay top dollar I should get all top tier products. I should be able to choose a theme for each box. Brushes, blush, creams, bases, eye products, beauty tools, and so on and so on. While I have never got the exact same product twice, I have got the same product from different brands multiple times. I should be able to go online and mark off the items I have already received so it would eliminate me getting the same type of product in the future. Once said product is all used and gone I should then be able to uncheck that product so it gets thrown back in the mix.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Beauty Box?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I chose the Walmart Beauty Box over other products because I enjoy getting different "drug store" quality brands and the price is really affordable. That allows me to purchase it plus other beauty boxes. I liked the fast shipping the items that were included in this beauty box. You get a great number of items and doesn't come off as cheap. The variety should just be consistent every month though.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I have used a variety of makeup from Walmart, from blushes, lipsticks, face creams and eyelids to eye liners. These products that are sent to me are very cheap, and is not the best product on the market but used right does complete the job. I like various things that come In the Walmart Beauty Box, lipstick is my favorite and eye liner is my second favorite. They come in different colors also very durable for a low price product. The products in the box are very good for its low price, but the box doesn't promote well with the products on the inside. It's not fashionable and it downgrades the product in the box.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Walmart Beauty Box was cheap and seemed to have a decent amount of products that I would like. It was nice to have it delivered to my house so I didn't have to go to the store and it made me try different things that I would not have usually tried. I liked that this product was from a brand that I trust and that I rely on on a weekly basis and that it offered a variety of different products and that I could try different things. I would have preferred a more high quality products included into the box but for the money that this was it was worth it. I would just chose a different one for next time.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I got an invitation from a co-worker to try the Walmart Beauty Box out. It was fairly easy to purchase and it arrived very quickly. I liked the presentation and the attention paid to all the details. When the box arrived I appreciated the safety way they package everything. Everything arrived in tip top shape. Nothing broken or missing. I also liked the introductory letter I receive. It was like they really new me as a person and I appreciated it so much. I was very happy with the products as well. I didn't think I would like this kind of service but I do. If anything, I would started doing this service months if not years ago. But I'm happy regardless. This is a great service.

Original review: July 28, 2017

This beauty box is free and you only pay shipping which is five dollars. I was also able to give my daughter in law a surprise subscription box. She loves the boxes that she gets just as much as I do! I always get really good samples. Sometimes I get full size products. They are always something I can use. I got a sample of a shampoo and conditioner as well as a full size of antiperspirant that I have never tried and some other thing that were great too. Always something new to try that I might like! It was great overall!

Original review: July 26, 2017

This Walmart Beauty Box was the one that I had chosen because I had already shopped at Walmart and had always shopped at Walmart for these very specific products. Not many other websites can provide for what I want and/or need. However, the overall look and design of the Walmart beauty box could be very much improved for the personal likings of the individual customers. The price should be slightly lower as well because the products being sold are makeup and makeup doesn't last forever. But I very much like how much you can get, the price for it all, the variety of choices and many, many shades. They have what I want, and I know that so why would I want to go anywhere else?

Original review: July 25, 2017

I can't choose the one I want so I picked one I'm more or less familiar with. I like that you get a wide assortment of beauty products and that the Walmart beauty box is cheaper than most beauty boxes with good items in them and not just sample size but regular sizes as well. But it would be nice to experience different types of boxes that come with different items each month with different things to try out to see if you like so you can purchase them if you liked them. I would like it better though if I had more options to choose other beauty boxes with more sample and regular size along with the sample size.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I like the price of this Walmart Beauty Box. For the amount of things you are getting for just $5 there is no way for the price to be beaten. There is so many different items for this value 6-8 and I like trying different brands and products and at $5 you really cannot complain. The value is definitely well over the cost. I love the Walmart Beauty Box. But as this is quarterly I feel like I wait forever for my new box to come out. I would change how often it comes out. Also they have a lot of the same brands like I might get Farrier shampoo one quarter and then the next quarter another version of Garnish shampoo. The same with Dove and Olay and I like to change up brands. Seem to be a lot of repeats.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I chose this beauty box over the others mainly because of the price and the selection of products. Most are brands I know and like. There are certain high end products I like, but overall, the things you can find at Walmart and other discount stores are decent as well. Being able to choose from so many things was nice and I felt encouraged to try some things I've never tried before. Ordering it was a fun and easy process. I received some nail polishes and lip glosses that were different than nothing I would have normally bought. The only thing I would do differently when ordering one again is to be more adventurous in products I order. I feel like that's part of why I did something like this.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I chose the Walmart Beauty Box firstly for the price. You can't beat a $5 box. A dislike for me however would be how quickly they sell out! I had to try a few times before I got in on the box which frustrated me. Sometimes I'm unsure of when billing will happen so I just randomly see the charge and remember that it's coming up. I wish they would send more of a notification for when the billing and shipping will happen each quarter. But I like the fact that the Walmart box is quarterly so I don't have to feel rushed using the products in a month. The packaging is also sleek and trendy. It is packaged well and I've never had any damaged products.

I love receiving it and seeing what I got. I've never been disappointed with anything I've received and the beauty box did meet my expectations. I have gotten shampoo/conditioner samples, mascara, lipstick, nail wraps, face scrub, toothpaste, lotion, and a shower gel sample. All were good sized and high quality. I like that they were products that had just come out. One box I got a Neutrogena lipstick that retailed for $10 alone! I also really enjoyed the fact that the items inside could all be purchased at an affordable price if I liked them. They also include coupons so If I really enjoy a product, I can buy the full sized one at a discount.

Original review: July 20, 2017

It was priced decently well but it could be cheaper. But I like the amount I got for the money. The value was good. Everything included was pretty much what I needed. I could not wait to use it. I enjoyed using the products I got from the box and good choice in colors. The things that came with it were proficient for usage too. One thing I disliked however it could have included makeup remover or eyelash curler. The mascara left residue and it could be a little more indulgent on the eye makeup as well. But overall it was great.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I ordered my beauty box online. When it came to my door (on time) I opened the plain looking box to find what was inside. I had some random things in my box. It's okay though because it got here quickly and was convenient for me. I had received 5 products that I proceeded to use immediately. Inside was hand cream, Q-tips, dry shampoo, eye shadow and hand sanitizer. I was expecting a little more but overall pretty cool box. Walmart Beauty Box was affordable and I liked that fact that I could order it online without going out to the actual house. But I would change the fact that it looked so plain and that I had some random things in my box. I'm a huge fan of sparkly objects and I was hoping this box would be sparkly.

Walmart Beauty Box expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart started selling their own beauty box subscription a few years ago. The boxes ship once each season and contain sample-size or full-size beauty and cosmetics products sold in Walmart stores.

• Customized by age: Walmart has two versions of their beauty box, one for those over 35 and over (the Classic box) and one for those under 35 (the Trendsetter box). Consumers enter their ages when they sign up for a subscription.
    • Coupons: Most months, these beauty boxes include coupons for a few of the items included so customers who like those products can save on full-size versions.
    • Price: The Walmart Beauty Box is only $5, so consumers who would like to order a beauty box can try out the trend for a very low price.
    • Seasonal: Walmart ships four beauty boxes each year, one each season. Consumers who don’t want to try new cosmetics or beauty products every month may prefer this schedule.
    • Second box: Consumers who want more than one box can add a second one to their order. They can also set it up for a different age group to receive a Trendsetter and a Classic box.
    • Best for: Walmart sells beauty boxes designed for women, and they are best for budget-conscious customers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs