4.12/5

25 Walmart Beauty Box Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

I ordered a box of Walmart and on the second day they sent!!! After 2 weeks I already got my box!!! And joy!!! Otkrila and their toothpaste Hello, Collagen peptides, Dove dry shampoo, eyebrow set SALON PERFECT, face mask and cosmetics!!! And all this FOR $5!!! I LOVE WALMART!!! GOING TO ORDER ALWAYS!!! AND ALL THE ADVICE!!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

If you join for a nominal $5.00 shipping fee, Walmart sends you a box with a variety of products. Granted not every box is always a product I'll use but it always introduces items that often become a favorite. This month was outstanding! I got an eyebrow kit that is fabulous. They sent an organic protein and collagen sample that I will be purchasing. Loved the charcoal mask, dry shampoo and wonderful Hello toothpaste. Granted a few items are sample size but that just fills my travel bag nicely. The eyebrow kit was full size and came with a highlighter and sharpener. To top it off, they included a cute little bag perfect for putting all my necessary purse junk into. I can't say enough good things about the box and look forward to its arrival every quarter.

Get expert buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been getting the Walmart Beauty Box for a while now, and I love it. I always get my money's worth with the box. I have also tried the Target Beauty Box which I was disappointed with. I always recommend this to my friends, and very few of them have ever heard of it before.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I ordered a Men's Grooming box back in August. It is now almost November and I had emailed Walmart at least 50 times trying to find out where my box was. My order was never fulfilled and I just kept going round and round with them. This was supposed to be a gift for my boyfriend. So finally after numerous attempts of trying to find out why my order hasn't been fulfilled after they charged my credit card way back in August they finally sent me the Men's Grooming box which was nothing like what was pictured and listed as what I would get for items. I understood you were supposed to get 3 full size items and 3 sample size items. I only got 4 items in total and the four items that I received were the same items that I got in the previous Men's Grooming box.

It was such a disappointment and to wait 3 months and all the aggravation and hassle of just trying to get the box in the first place that I ordered and paid for and customer service still didn't even make it right. They just said, "Oh well sorry. Sometimes the items are different." I understand that the items are different but to only get four items and after all that trouble. I understand it's only $7 but it's just the point of the whole thing. I will never ever order another Men's Grooming box ever again. Walmart should really get their stuff together because I've heard a number of people complaining about the same thing and this is in regards to the Woman's Beauty Box as well. So from now on I think I will just order the Target box. You can see what you're getting before you order it and you always get what you ordered in a timely manner - not 3 months later. Shame on you Walmart. Horrible service.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have been a subscriber for a few yrs. In the beginning it was great, however lately not so much. One instance I was charged 4 times. They did end up refunding it after I caught it but then it went to it would take the money out of my account for the box and never ship it. After a couple of months waiting I contacted them and was told I would get a refund for my troubles and still get the box as well... Still waiting. I asked about it and was told a completely different story than what the other rep had told me and that I was wrong so I went back through emails and sent them the email where it said the above and was still told different. I will no longer be using their services. The samples they ship you can get in their trial size at the store for around the same price anyway so not understanding why not only has customer service went downhill but products as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Beauty Box?

Original review: June 12, 2018

The box is perfect for anyone to try new products and to be more familiar with products they could use in their household. I believe it to be a great consumer service. Not only do you receive products but they even supply you with coupons to help you with budgeting the household.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I received my first Walmart subscription box today and l was absolutely delighted. I found every product in there really useful. Whoever put this box together thank you. You listened you heard and you delivered. Thank you Walmart. Would l recommend to my friends and family. Definitely.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The first Walmart Beauty Box I got was in January and it was a real beauty box with a nice lip balm sample, a face mask, pretty fingernail polish, and a few other product samples of good size that you would consider of the beauty variety. The lip balm alone was worth the $5 I paid for the box. The next box, while not as fancy, it was after the holidays and on to the Spring Box, was ok, but there was only one thing I would call beauty in it and that was a tiny, itty bitty, out of date sample of a well known anti-wrinkle serum. Everything else was toothpaste, floss, underarm deodorant, shampoo and conditioner samples, nothing that I call beauty samples, but worth $5.

The Summer box was what they give you at the bottom of your bag at discount places if you ask for samples. I think what happened is they were out of decent samples at the end of a shift and the workers just put what was left in, because I have seen other boxes from the same month, in the same city and they can vary wildly. I have seen some people get eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, highlighter, nice makeup. That box I received, those little foil samples of everything I got. You know the ones that don't even hold a tablespoon of product? Yeah, I received 7 of those, 5 were outdated and they were all lotions of one kind or another.

Whoops I forgot I did get the mandatory shampoo and conditioner sample in foil too. I complained because it was not worth $5 and they told me, well what did I expect for $5. I spoke to the manager who sent me the correct contents, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, etc. I can't wait for the fall box! If you wonder why I don't cancel, it's because I donate all of this to a women's shelter my work sponsors and that is why I insist on beauty items too. They need more than just the daily needs, every woman needs a beauty perk.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I chose this box because it fits my budget. They also include great products and I know I can trust the products being sent to me. I like the products I get and they always meet my expectations. It helps me to branch out and try new products. They also know my skin tone and what kind of colors I like so the products always looks great on me. But I would love to be able to pick what goes in my box one time a year. I also wish it let you earn some type of points to use towards special items for your box.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

The Walmart beauty box is cool beans and has a very reasonable price. It is a treat to have new products to try and I look forward to getting samples in the mail. I found a new product that I like and want to purchase. I need the travel sizes for trips. Also enjoy having the opportunity to have samples on hand. I also like the coupons that come with the box. But sometimes I get products I do not care for. So it is fun to pass them on to family and friends. I like to give as gifts if I do not use and they are thankful to get a nice sample to use. I reuse the box for a gift box too. It would be nice though to choose from a selection of products. Then it would be fun to reorder the product that I like to use more often.

Walmart Beauty Box expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walmart started selling their own beauty box subscription a few years ago. The boxes ship once each season and contain sample-size or full-size beauty and cosmetics products sold in Walmart stores.

• Customized by age: Walmart has two versions of their beauty box, one for those over 35 and over (the Classic box) and one for those under 35 (the Trendsetter box). Consumers enter their ages when they sign up for a subscription.

• Coupons: Most months, these beauty boxes include coupons for a few of the items included so customers who like those products can save on full-size versions.

• Price: The Walmart Beauty Box is only $5, so consumers who would like to order a beauty box can try out the trend for a very low price.

• Seasonal: Walmart ships four beauty boxes each year, one each season. Consumers who don’t want to try new cosmetics or beauty products every month may prefer this schedule.

• Second box: Consumers who want more than one box can add a second one to their order. They can also set it up for a different age group to receive a Trendsetter and a Classic box.

• Best for: Walmart sells beauty boxes designed for women, and they are best for budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs