2. Shopping
  3. Beauty Box

3.5/5 (53 ratings)

About Walmart Beauty Box

Walmart Beauty Box Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Beauty Box?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Beauty Box?

Original review: June 14, 2021

They say they send you full size items since the price increase from $5 to $6.98. This has found to be not true. I just received my 2021 spring/ summer box after fighting for them (brandshare) to send to me. The items were ALL samples with the exception of one item an overnight face skin mask. So if you think you're getting full size items, wrong. Since they changed their price there service has been terrible and not worth the amount you pay OR what they show that you will be getting. So... beware... too good to be true. My account after years is now cancelled.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Ugh! I used to love it when it was $5 but now that the prices have raised; the products have gotten so much worse! The box I received today had nothing to do with me. I have curly hair and received a smoothing set for straight hair, men’s shave cream, Listerine tabs (I’m a severe asthmatic) a lipstick in hot pink, and a teeny tiny sunscreen that I kept for emergencies. I gave away all but 1 product. If you’re going to charge a premium price, at least pay attention to people’s profiles. I’m canceling future boxes.

Get buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

On January 5, 2021, I ordered both of the winter 2020 beauty boxes. I received only one. I sent my first email 2 weeks later saying the first was received within days and I still hadn’t received the second. I got an automated response saying due to Covid there would be delays in a response up to 10 business days. I replied back and said it was over 10 business days and still nothing. Since then I have emailed SEVEN more times and have never gotten a response once. There is no phone number or direct email address for the Walmart beauty box...CustomerCare BrandShare is all I have.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I have received many Walmart Beauty Boxes over the past years, but without doubt the last box I received for the Winter Season 2020 has to be the worst ever! It seems like the actual products offered are becoming less and less. I would like to suggest adding more products and less coupons! When the decisions are made to put items in the boxes, they should offer more beauty products such as makeup, nail polish, perfume, etc., not hand sanitizer, toothpaste (even though I do like the samples), arthritis creams and so on. This is called a beauty box, make it about things to make women feel and look beautiful!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I recently purchased a Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor Finger Pulse Oximeter SPO2 Pulse Oximeter from Walmart.com. The product sold by Wango does not work. I have sent numerous emails to both Wango and Walmart with videos of the product not working. I want to return the product and get a complete refund. I have not received any solution for the past 1+ months. The customer service is truly pathetic.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

When I received the latest Wal-Mart beauty box it was missing 4 items. I sent an email and was told several days later that not all boxes have the same amount of products. The booklet in the box shows 7 products I received 3. Obviously this was a mistake and easily corrected. Since I was dismissed and there's no way to speak to anyone I cancelled my subscription. Every box I've received has all of the products shown in the booklet in the box. I was lied to and that's inexcusable.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I didn't have high standards mind you, going in to the the Walmart Beauty Box. It was samples after all that they send based on the questionnaire you fill out at sign up. I was looking forward to seeing what they sent. That's when I got rather disappointed. They sent me items I'd never use, which is ok I've got sisters. I mean I'm the youngest at 40, but who cares right. Then there were items that did not exist at all! I looked up a few YouTube videos of women opening their boxes and they had roughly a half dozen samples. Why then did I get 4?! I mean the box was five bucks so it's not like I spent a lot but I got this little pamphlet that showed samples that I did not have... Um I must say that's just wrong. I went to take the survey and it kept asking me questions about the things I tried. That I did NOT try. I don't know. It doesn't seem to be the general consensus but I'm not sure I'm going continue. It was just sloppy and incomplete.

Original review: July 13, 2020

This is a fraud site and scheme and not affiliated with Walmart. You are unable to call the company and they do not respond to emails nor will you be able to log into your account after they get your credit card.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I consulted my wife on this. He had previously used Birchbox but last August, 2019, decided to switch because monthly was too much product to justify the price. All deliveries have been on time and we've never had to talk to customer service. The cost breaks down to about $1 per item. All of the items I've thought to notice while shopping in WM have indeed been sold at WM. Personally, I cannot tell the difference between middle and upper middle or lower middle beauty products, but my man tells me that the WM products will suffice for 99% of his needs. Ok. I've tried the lip balm once or twice. He seems happy with it. He runs out of the product he uses and we just gift the stuff he doesn't to friends and fam.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I don't mind the $5 shipping for the sample beauty box bc it's fair. I also don't mind that there are less items than when it 1st started years ago. The thing that irks me to no end is when you go to cancel the subscription, you can't log in to your own account. Error message even after resetting password AND emailing the company through the reply service provided in the confirmation email, apparently, the only way to contact this company. I'm not even sure it's legitimately associated with Walmart. If it is, then they're all up to no good. I was just testing the service with a cancellation request to see if it would let me & sure enough, they won't let me log in, much less cancel. It's only been a few days yet, but most companies reply right away to at least let you know someone is on it. Nothing at all!

I'd be surprised if this review makes it for the readers to see. I'll probably have to change my credit card # so they can't keep charging me without me being able to cancel. Now that I think about it, the same thing happened years ago. It's been so long, I figured it would've changed by now, but I guess it hasn't. I haven't read anyone else's review saying they've been hustled, so why me?

Walmart Beauty Box author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walmart started selling their own beauty box subscription a few years ago. The boxes ship once each season and contain sample-size or full-size beauty and cosmetics products sold in Walmart stores.

• Customized by age: Walmart has two versions of their beauty box, one for those over 35 and over (the Classic box) and one for those under 35 (the Trendsetter box). Consumers enter their ages when they sign up for a subscription.

• Coupons: Most months, these beauty boxes include coupons for a few of the items included so customers who like those products can save on full-size versions.

• Price: The Walmart Beauty Box is only $5, so consumers who would like to order a beauty box can try out the trend for a very low price.

• Seasonal: Walmart ships four beauty boxes each year, one each season. Consumers who don’t want to try new cosmetics or beauty products every month may prefer this schedule.

• Second box: Consumers who want more than one box can add a second one to their order. They can also set it up for a different age group to receive a Trendsetter and a Classic box.

Walmart Beauty Box Company Information