2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

1.2/5 (329 ratings)

About VRBO.com

VRBO.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?

Original review: June 23, 2021

June 12-19 we rented a condo in Myrtle Beach in Arcadian 2 # 3F, what a beautiful condo, very big and a wonderful view of the ocean, spacious balcony and the decor throughout was beautifully done. The owner was very nice and kept in contact once in a while to make sure everything was to our liking, I would recommend this property to anyone, you won't be disappointed!

Original review: May 15, 2021

As a VRBO host it was difficult. We were made to replace all the sheets and towels with white, all the wine glasses had to be the same, we had to hire a cleaning company to make sure everything was clean. BUT, had I been a VRBO client, it would have been perfect.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I stayed in a VRBO in Moab. It was a duplex with lots of room and a large yard just south of town. Brand new! Hot a wonderful hot tub that was very clean. It also came with a gas fire pit that we did not use. We could not stay awake long enough after our biking adventures for the dark. Well stocked. New appliances.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I am usually lucky in finding places to stay while on vacation by using this site. I love the reviews others leave that have stayed at that location as it helps me determine if it's right or not. There are also usually multiple choices of different locations in the area so I'm not just tied down to one choice. The different ways you can filter for the right location help.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I have always had good experiences working with the owners through VRBO. I have not had issues with payments, accommodations, refunds, etc. My advice is to read the details and inspect the photos posted as well as communicate directly with the owners as to the specific needs you have.... How close to the beach, pet policies, etc.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I had to adjust the dates of my stay and they handled the adjustment and told my that I would receive an adjustment a couple of days after I checked in. After four days and two phone calls I have yet to receive a refund. I was told that the hotel should refund me the difference but I was also told by the representative at VRBO that the hotel had not been paid yet. I asked to speak with the supervisor and was told I could not. I then asked to speak to a co-worker and was refused that as well. As of right now I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. I will get my money back but I am done with VRBO!

Original review: June 24, 2021

A few years ago, Home Away became VRBO. The decline of this vacation rental business was obvious. Now, any calls will be answered by offshore help that really isn't too interested in helping. I will give you an example. I am a premiere customer. I have been renting out my homes for 5 yrs. My reviews have been outstanding. That qualifies me for the premiere status category. I have been trying to contact the review department for a week. They have no telephone number? I have tried to contact a supervisor, they're unavailable! In other words good luck getting anything done. I will leave VRBO and go to Air B and B. VRBO is terrible! Don't make the mistake I did. They are now owned by Expedia group. No service.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I was attracted to a listing #** in Solana Beach, CA in June 2021 which advertised 7 nights for the price of 4. When I attempted to reserve it the discount was only 10%. The rate for 4 nights was $1200 and the rate shown for 7 nights was $1665. The owner never responded to my inquiry, and a VRBO rep stated he would send an urgent message to the owner to contact me. I was never contacted.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I made a booking of a villa in Palm Desert through Hotels.com and discover, AFTER paying the nonrefundable booking, that this was not a Marriott booking but through VRBO and a property management company. This was NOT disclosed on Hotels.com, and when we had problems with the hotel room, there was no place to get remedy as Marriott referred us to Hotels.com, who referred us to VRBO which was closed on a Sunday!

Misleading ad stated a "one bedroom" villa with kitchen. It was a hotel guest room with bar and fridge, and not even a full-size sofa sleeper. We were unable to upgrade without paying Marriott for an entirely new booking. The sofa bed mattress was wet, and when you open sofa bed it completely obstructed the sliding door to balcony. There was a garbage dumpster outside unit, and 2 porta potties. This is a MARRIOTT PROPERTY. I was pretty shocked. VRBO did not take care of us, they don't seem to care. If they don't refund our stay, my credit card is going to have a dispute started. VRBO is guilty of misrepresentation, and when they get your $$ they don't give a hoot.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Clearly getting scammed and customer service agreed. Their solution was to work with my credit card company and reject the charge, they said they can't do anything on their end. Crap company, hope they go under.

VRBO.com Company Information