1.09/5
  • 1 star
Based on 305 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

VRBO.com

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

1335 VRBO.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We went on VRBO and property showed availability. We booked a Wednesday to Wednesday stay and the property manager wanted more money after we paid. They would not refund us transaction fees or the difference in money we lost due to the conversion rate. Basically we paid for something they were unable to provide and I lost over $60 for this whole mess.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I literally can’t believe what just happened. We arrived at the vacation rental and they never told us it would $65 for the amenities, ok whatever. That fine. Then we opens the door and the place was a nasty dirty mess. Pee on the toilet, ants in the sinks, toothpaste on the countertops, bath towels on the floor and beds that were slept in.

So we proceeded to call the VRBO (Vacation rentals by owner). The man who answered the phone was so rude to my wife and offered no resolution to this problem. I asked him to speak to his manager and he just talked right over me. Again I asked and he said that I could not speak to one and proceeded to tell me he was in a “raised level of authority”. I said, "Sir give me the name of your manager" and he responded with, “I will not be talked to in a hostile way, I'm disconnecting this call” and before I could say a word he hung up the phone. So here My family and I sit in a dirty house we paid to rent from VRBO and still can’t figure out what to do. If I were you, stay away from dealing with this company, my family and I vacation about 4-8 weeks per year and this will be the very last time I deal with VRBO.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have had my properties listed with VRBO for 1 year now, previous owner of the property had been with them for 7 years. You cannot get a callback or an answer to an email...EVER. I have been transferred 5 times this morning and still no solution, only "that is done by another department". I will certainly be looking at my options this year and it will be my last year with VRBO. I would highly recommend that you research other options before you pay that ridiculous subscription price with VRBO. Because no one would answer my phone calls or emails, I have to pay an additional $100 for my yearly plan. Keep in mind you have to pay that subscription fee for each of the rooms you rent out in your vacation rental (i.e., B&B).

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018
    Arrived day after Christmas - property in San Diego near the beach. Dirt in K sink, dog poop on deck. And what was described as a fully functioning bbq grill appeared to be what someone took home from the dump. Later that same day...discovered yellowed/stinky bed sheets & pillows, and again what was advertised as 3 TV's yielded only one that worked. Others had no cable connections!!! We complained several times - as required on the VRBO website. Do you know how difficult it is to get the owner, who was on vacation in another state, to get any maintenance person during the busiest season of the year to respond??? NADA.

No negotiated refund, no explanation. Only excuses. NEVER AGAIN. Can I rate this NO STARS???

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I felt absolutely zero protection as a customer using this service. There is no protection for renters on this site. The property we wanted to rent had a listing promising "resort access to a 5 star pool" amongst other amenities. However, once we booked the listing the homeowner could no longer guarantee anything. Even though nowhere on the listing did it say anything was not guaranteed. I called to make a complaint to VRBO and they were did not care at all about the misrepresentation of the property. Just kindly warned me "it's a zero cancellation policy, so you won't get your money back."

On top of that, the property owner all of a sudden removed the listing from VRBO and wants payment (of $3,000) through VENMO, an unsecured payment platform. I called VRBO and they saw no problem with this new request. I (as a renter) have zero protection. What's holding the property owner from saying "They ruined something in my house, I'm not giving back the security deposit"... I have no leg to stand on because I paid him directly from my bank account through Venmo.

I made 5 separate calls to VRBO and each time I had to re-explain the situation and each time they were so unhelpful, providing absolutely no resolution other than it was up to me to work it out with the property owner (who was a bully saying "I need to pay or I'm in breach of contract"). I never felt support from VRBO. I said, "How can this be acceptable?" NO JOKE - his response was "this is just a marketing platform, not an actual service." Stay as far away from this service as possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I just read several other negative reviews about the changes VRBO has made to their MO since they were bought out by Expedia in 2016, and I have to admit that I agree with all of the other homeowners' comments. We began listing our beach home with them 5 years ago, and had no issues with VRBO until 2016, when we noticed that suddenly we weren't receiving any inquiries. I looked into it, and discovered that our home's listing was buried among hundreds for our tiny town where there used to be only 30 listings. There were places listed in for beach town that were two hours' drive away! We basically were bullied into online booking, and were told that it would boost our inquiries and bookings. Not so... And then we looked into the fees they were charging our guests in addition to what they were charging us for the credit card bookings PLUS the ever increasing subscription fee. Total rip-off of our guests and us.

For me, the last straw was when I realized they were blocking us from communicating with our potential guests to vet them and help them vet us and our home as well. We really do care who we let into our home, and we have been fortunate to have had wonderful guests who have respected and enjoyed our house, because we were able to communicate with them in advance of money changing hands. We also greatly preferred direct booking. It worked perfectly for 4 years. VRBO is trying to force us to give up all control over our own property because of corporate greed, and they have totally ruined a wonderful site that helped connect people in a win/win vacation arrangement. Our subscription is up next month, and we are definitely NOT going to continue with them. We encourage all owners to do the same. SHAME on VRBO!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

The contract I signed (as a traveler) states deposit refund will be "within" 14 days of your departure date. Two days prior to the deadline, I contacted both the owner (silence) and VRBO. VRBO stated it was the owners responsibility to process. Owner (once I opened a complaint) finally responded and stated VRBOs responsibility. At the 14 day mark, VRBO notified me the refund had been "initiated" and should receive by 1/23 - 4 weeks after departure date. Contract stated "refund within 14 days" not "processed or initiated" at 14 days. Breach of contract.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

VRBO began with a compelling case. Load up all the information of your family vacation home onto our site, set the rates, manager the guests, create your own experiences and we will charge you for the portion where our economies of scale benefit you. Plus, if you pay a bit more here and there you can improve your rankings. Fast forward: We are going to double and triple the amount of money we take from you and for that you will get less hits, fewer guests, payments after the guests leave and constant meddling in your communications. Overall you will have a much less effective and pleasant experience. They are taking advantage of the high volume commercial owner and screwing the homeowner who wants to make a few bucks on their home away from home. If that's you, go to Airbnb. At least they vet their guests.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I started renting properties 2-3 times a year 12 years ago. Then I became an owner and listed for the last 8 years. Simple concept, Owner pays for ad, customer deals directly with owner at no charge, owner decides payment and security deposit, all good. Then they merged with HomeAway so we had no competitor to turn to. After I invested heavily in my vacation rental property and built the business the greed starts. They now force the owners to "online booking" and demand credit card payment from renters. Plus they CHARGE THE RENTER to book. Then they CHARGE the owner a 3% credit card fee of which they retain a portion. Then they hold your money for a week to get the float. And they collect and hold the deposit (more float) and decide if you get it if something is broken or stolen.

Good luck when you call "customer dis-service". They barely speak English and just read you chapter and verse from the script. "Oh I'm sorry but"... And heaven help you if you share your disappointment in the changes. You are immediately told, "I'm giving you a first warning". They have totally forgot who built their business and pays their salaries. For 12 years I was their biggest fan-disciple. No more, I hate them with a passion. So very sad indeed, maybe a good time for a new competitor...until they buy them too.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Truly horrific... I have NEVER experienced such poor customer service and incompetence in my life! As a homeowner, it has been an absolute nightmare to collect money. I have been waiting for two payments for TWO MONTHS! Their "vetting process" is lousy at best. I will not being doing business with this site going forward and would NEVER recommend this experience to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018
    I have been using HomeAway and VRBO for years to list my homes and their apathy toward the homeowner gets worse every year, while their fees increase.

At first they had no phone support. I started to sign up online but had questions that couldn't be answered so I left it behind. Several months later a woman called me saying she wanted to help me finish signing up, take my payment and that they were starting phone support.

My listing went live but after that, my photos were missing at times, people's inquiries weren't coming to me due to their website glitches (I spent many days on the phone with them telling me it was my server until an honest person told me the truth) and they blocked any communication with potential renter and homeowner until after payment was made because they started charging an additional hefty fee to the renter. The next year I learned they gave my same listing number to another property! I only discovered this when people I gave my listing info to said the wrong state was coming up. HomeAway / VRBO never offered to make up for any of their errors.

A couple years ago I chose to not renew but in 2017 thought I would try it again. It was even worse! Now their call centers were outsourced to even more incompetent people who were hard to understand and couldn't answer any questions. They now required the homeowner to accept automatic payments from renters with our checking account information linked to our accounts for them to control the money. They charge the homeowner a fee of course for this service and this was optional... unless you are fine with your listing being at the bottom of the search engines!

After 4 months, almost no inquiries and 0 bookings (my house sits on a bluff overlooking the ocean at the entrance to a state park and a high demand area), I contacted them only to then learn they now do not allow homeowner and potential owner to speak unless payment has been made through them... they black out phone numbers! I requested a cancellation which I was told was approved and an email would be sent confirming it. Never received an email. I finally just added a checking account and automatic payments, understanding I had the right to cancel in their timeframe.

2018 arrived with my first booking and auto payment. I was charged 2 service fees! Just spent hours on the phone with multiple people and getting transferred back and forth with everyone blaming others for this and once again, no correct resolution! Unfortunately HomeAway/VRBO seems to monopolize this industry but if you are looking into listing with them, I would stay away unless you have the patience of a saint!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

We are a homeowner who has used VRBO since 2011. At first it allowed us to completely control our listing and how we managed it, that is: how we communicated with potential customers, how we contracted with them, how we received payments, and so forth. Two years ago VRBO began to offer owners an optional “booking service” where the owner could opt to use VRBO to control the flow of money (deposits, payments, distributions to owners). We opted out and noticed that our listing ranking fell lower, however we continued to receive inquiries from potential customers.

In 2016 VRBO began to push the site as a management service to homeowners. They started booking analytics and other supposedly other great services for homeowners. They implemented a mandatory service fee that customers are charged if their inquiry is accepted. The owner had no control over this fee. In May, 2017, VRBO started a new way of showing properties – “the top 50 listings” – and since that time our home completely fell out of the listings and was not shown on the map even though we paid our annual $399 subscription fee.

Clearly we are discriminated against because we don’t use their booking service. We called customer service and complained but that didn’t resolve the problem. Their owner complaint site doesn’t even have a category for “advertising” complaints. Customer service is terrible and unresponsive. Additionally, we received only 6 inquiries in 2017 yet we received 33 in 2016 and 38 in 2015 which were typical for our property.

Our listing is due for renewal in Jan, 2018. This is the message we received notifying us that our renewal date is near: “Online booking has long been the most important feature for your listing’s success on VRBO®. For several years, online booking has continued to be optional based on feedback from property owners and managers like you. But looking at trends, it’s clear where the industry is going: Travelers prefer having the option to book online. For this reason, online booking will be required when you renew your subscription.”

We don’t know where their feedback is coming from, owners like us that want to control our property management and we could care less about where the industry is going (who’s the industry?). All of our customers prefer our approach, not theirs. VRBO has decided to become a management company and dictate to homeowners how their services will be provided and who controls the money. We are not using VRBO again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

VRBO seems to have changed their entire business model. We tried to book a condo rental in South Florida. The contact information for the owners was no longer available. On the condos that we wanted to rent, our only option was to call the HomeAway booking service and deal with a telephone rep from another country who had never been to the condo or even the city. The reps couldn't answer specific questions. When I tried to book, they required my credit card, which took a fair amount of time and they said that they owner wound contact me within 24 hours.

I thought I was booking the condo but they informed me that this was a "request to rent". The following day I did receive an email that the condo was not available although it still showed available on the calendar. So I started over the next day and had to go through the same ordeal and give me credit card info. One day later received an email that this condo was not available. After 4 attempts to rent a condo and four days of waiting, I gave up. It took way too much time and I was uncomfortable giving a credit card for a condo that was unavailable.

Then I called a nearby beachfront Holiday Inn Hotel and booked a room. The hotel treated me like royalty on the phone, they were very helpful and confirmed the booking as we spoke. It was a compromise as the hotel room is much smaller but at least the booking was a pleasant experience and quick. Advice: stay away from VRBO. Their new model is a mess. I can not imagine the public accepting this bad model. The VRBO name should be changed as it is not a rental by owner. It should be VRBA. Vacation Rental By Amateurs. VRBO appears to be a low budget, 3rd party, time consuming booking service who knows little or nothing about the property and cares little about customer service. This is sad as VRBO was a wonderful booking model.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Our property is located in a special environment that requires us to personally contact and screen our renters. This process takes time and is not amenable to online booking within 24 hours. Despite this, VRBO has FORCED US to accept online booking. Online booking has many disadvantages for the customer- they are charged a 10% booking fee that they could avoid if they contacted the property owner directly. Also, things like the damage insurance offered by VRBO and insurance on cancellation are according to other accounts on this site, quite simply terrible.

VRBO and HomeAway and other rental sites are also playing games with potential renters by suggesting other rental properties when someone zeros in on our neighborhood of Harpswell Maine. I presume their suggestions are for rental properties that VRBO will make more money on, they certainly are not evidently better for the customer. Potential renters- if you want a rental property in a certain location, zoom in on the maps shown by HomeAway and VRBO- this will foil the suggestion list that includes much more distant properties. Also, use the button that says ask the manager a question- then you can get in direct contact with the manager/owner of the property. If a property owner has a website, look at their website as VRBO has excised our contact information from our listing on VRBO, much to our displeasure.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We've been on VRBO for at least 9 years and until they implemented their required booking policy everything was great! Now, it's on crappy company looking to extort money from both home owners and vacationers alike. Use VRConnection instead!! We used to get a lot of inquires/referrals from VRBO. This year, it's down at least 90% - that is not an exaggeration. In 2016 we had a total of 9 inquiries, 7 of which booked with us. In the same time period in 2016 we had a total of 1 inquiry. 1!! And that person did not book.

Ever since Expedia bought Homeaway/VRBO it's been nothing but a total downward spiral in service, quality, and options. We will not be renewing this year and I encourage everyone I speak with to never use VRBO when looking for vacation rentals. Their ridiculous "Service Fee" (which winds up being between 4% - 9% of the total booking fee - but don't worry, it won't exceed $499) is reason enough but the way they shoehorn homeowners into using their booking service is just criminal. We allowed direct contact (apart from VRBO messaging) until money changes hands - this is not the way we have ever run our rental! It's a despicable, greedy way to run a business and we aren't having it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

As owners we have used VRBO for 8 years. Our subscription runs out the end of January and after reading all the reviews from both owners and tenants we will not be renewing. Our rental is very nice and we take pride in keeping it that way. We like to have personal contact with our tenants and feel that we have lost the ability to have control over our own property. The fees they are charging the guests are ridiculous as we already pay a pretty hefty fee to advertise with them. This is really going to hurt the vacation rental business for tenants and owners alike. Can't wait for a new listing business to be created that is like the old VRBO!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We travel often and have used VRBO since its beginning. I dislike the fact I cannot contact the owners with questions before booking. I dislike the fees now being charged to renters. We had an issue with an owner selling the rental and the new owner refused to honor the reservation. Old owner would not refund and said new owner had our money. VRBO was absolutely no help. We plan to search other venues for rental. One owner we actually got to talk to has said she is not renewing when her contract. She is a member of the local Chamber of Commerce and will be listing with them. I think this is a good idea. We will be going through local chambers from now on. Rentals are Vetted by the chamber before allowing the listing. Sounds more reliable and cheaper than VRBO. It is worth a try.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

VRBO hid our listing due to high rejection rate of applicants without consulting or inquiring with us. They basically collected our listing fee and then hid our listing so that other listings would get them the % booking fee they charge the consumer. For 7+ years we have been using them and the consumers who have rented our condo have been great with many repeating their trips. Since August of 2017 my listing has been hidden without any cause from VRBO. They said it was because we rejected too many inquiries - the only people who have been rejected are those that did not meet the requirements on our listing such as no pets and adults/families only (no beach week under 21ers) or asked for weeks that were already booked on the calendar that they did not look at.

This has only become a problem since they started grabbing a % of the booking fee from the consumer if they wanted to go thru them... they stole my advertising money and have not been delivering the service they promised. Our condo has been booked every year from Jan-Apr... this is the first year it has not been and it is due to them hiding our listing. This has cost us thousands and it has cost them a customer. We have the right to accept people we want in our properties and they have a responsibility to provide the service we paid for.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I have been so dissatisfied with VRBO (now Home Away) the past 2 years that I actually took the time to set up an account with CONSUMER AFFAIRS to complain. My complaint is similar to other homeowners. I pay hundreds of dollars for Home Away/VRBO to market my home, and when I call to complain they say "we're changing for the best interest of our client"... whom they say is the "traveler". Legally, I'm the one paying, so I AM THEIR CLIENT. Home Away/VRBO has lumped my Ft. Myers home with Cape Coral, Sanibel, Ft. Myers Beach for a total of 8,6** listings.

The listings are NOT separated by property type, so condos and homes are lumped together. The listings are NOT by pricing either... any price comes up randomly. That has to be as frustrating for the traveler as it is for me. How is anyone supposed to have access to MY listing when there are 8,6** to search through??? Only about 2 years ago there used to be 'search categories'. Home Away as VRBO eliminated those as well. I "fell for" paying the extra fees, traveler pay online, etc. as the customer service ensured me it would improve my location on the website. NOT. AND... they took my phone number out, and replaced it with their phone number as the person to contact regarding MY listing.

THEY STOLE MY LISTING, and are using it to generate business for themselves so they can charge the traveler a fee to find a vacation rental. Home Away does little to earn it's fee to 'market' vacation rentals for owners; their customer service has frustratingly left me on hold dozens of times over the past 2 years and can't address questions, as an owner their website is not user friendly and difficult to navigate. I could go on with pages and pages of my complaints over the past 2 years. And it's only getting worse.

I went to sign into my account as an 'owner' today, and instead my recent searches as a 'traveler' came up. I NEVER signed in as a travel searcher... hmmm... so how did VRBO automatically exchange me into a traveler (rather than owner)??? To top it off, I spent over an hour on hold for an explanation, and to have someone help me get into my owner listing... without anyone coming back on to help me. I finally hung up, and decided I needed to start filing my complaints. NOTE: I have been a VRBO (not Home Away) client for 14 years. For the first 12 years working with VRBO was simple, my property was rented easily and successfully. As VRBO merged with Home Away and as Home Away lumped rental areas, property categories, and pricing together; took away search categories; and has tried to control the listings by taking away my contact info my rentals have DECLINED.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Their 2017/2018 format requiring all contact between potential renters and property owners to run through VRBO is invasive and unacceptable. VRBO used to serve as an advertising medium, putting together two interested parties. They are now strictly a booking service. I don't know any high end property owner that would allow potential renters to book without speaking to them directly first. Terrible business model. Will find renter this season another way.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have never liked VRBO's service, as a host, especially compared to other company's like Airbnb. They have unfair business practices, threatening to shut down my site (for declining guests, accusing me of using the site for lead gen). Instead, I was declining guests because VRBO does not have a thorough process to vet guests before I let them in my home! Now, they have removed ability to contact your potential guest until booked, which increases safety risk. They charge a large fee to be the lead gen engine and now they continue to raise rates for hosts and guests while continually downgrading the services offered.

Their new website is impossible to figure out and I cannot even price my property how I want to, given they have set ways to price it (e.g. have to use % off discounts vs a set price). They seem to act as if the property belongs to them vs the host. When I had a problem (my place disappeared when they did a site 'upgrade'), you spend hours trying to reach them by phone. Terrible company offering sub par, non transparent service.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

We have been using HomeAway to list our condo at Las Palomas Resort for the last 5 years- We now have to convert to the BookIt now feature if we want to keep it listed. We are going to stop using VRBO due to this forced change which also adds on a 8% fee.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I have rented a property through VRBO where the owner of the property was a scammer. He secretly contacted me to add an additional charges. When I refused, and wanted to cancel two hours after my reservation, he said he would take the money and not refund us our vacation saved $. Called VRBO and their assistance was mediocre. I wanted to write a review about the owner to alert other customers and VRBO said no. Be aware people. You are on your own and VRBO won’t have your back. They referred me to my credit card to dispute the charge. Very disappointing experience.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

My family is relatively new to VRBO, but it's still been a decent two years renting out an old family home, which is almost continuously booked due its location. We have opted out of online bookings for the past two years and have had no problem getting our place filled for much of the time. About two months ago, I noticed our property disappeared from the site VRBO/HomeAway site completely. After a few frustrating calls where I was relegated to online call centers apparently located in India and/or Mexico, I was informed that Expedia/VRBO/HomeAway is now blocking all properties that do not use their obnoxious online booking service (extraction fee), which tacks on a 6-12% to all renters who use the site. We pay $1,000 a year already to advertise on VRBO/HomeAway.

We are perfectly capable of managing our payment options and do not need VRBO/HomeAway to manage them. We've never had a problem thus far and about 100 different groups of renters have stayed in our home. We do not want to get involved in their extraction scam and find it offensive in the extreme. Are there other owners out there who have ideas about how to get this annoying monopolistic horror to go away? I also noticed that over half of the properties in our area disappeared when VRBO/Homeaway instituted this policy back in October. I guess for them that's okay because the amount of money they are extracting from those properties that remain outweighs that from the half of us who do not use their noxious online booking service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I refunded a cancelled reservation through the VRBO website, and the traveler stated he had only been refunded the deposit. The website is very user-unfriendly, and since I cancelled and refunded I can no longer access information about the cancelled reservation. VRBO sent an email to the wrong email address stating they would block my VRBO account (meaning no one can make reservations any longer) with no reason other than saying the traveler complained about not getting his refund, despite me refunding through their website and I never received any money from VRBO from that reservation to refund myself.

Whatever money the traveler is owed is in VRBO's hands and not mine, and they unfairly blocked my account, resulting in lost revenue. When I tried to email them about this, they sent an email back saying "We are no longer monitoring this email address for new support requests." And ignoring any customer service requests of mine while I am still paying them for my annual subscription.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

The changes have begun to affect us so drastically that we are worried about being able to hold on to our property if it does not pay for itself. I did a google search to find out if anyone else had any problems with the new changes and found many complaints dated recently (November & December 2017). We are not getting booking inquiries and are hard pressed to understand the new ranking matrix, though I've read through it several times. Do I have enough 5 star ratings? Do I need all 50 pictures uploaded? Now they give you the ability to upload 50! Good luck finding 50 pics that are relevant. Are the quality of my pictures passing muster, although I've had mine professionally taken. What is the secret?

So now I just need to know what the alternatives are while they get their act together. VRBO has been a godsend to us. But no longer! We even quit advertising on Airbnb because VRBO was perfect for us. Now I have to go back and try them again. We've gotten more inquiries from Airbnb in Nov & Dec than we have from VRBO. We had so much more control over our "Vacation Rental By Owner" rental. No longer. We used to advertise on Vacation Home Rentals and received so many bookings through them I hardly needed to worry about VRBO or AirBnB, then TripAdvisor took them over and in a year I only received two bookings and about the same inquiries.

These companies are ruining the business for the people they depend on to make the rental properties available. They have put a lock on our access to buyers for their own greed and the worst part is they think they know better than we do and are putting the vacation rental market at risk. Please tell me what other website we can turn to that will give us what VRBO used to offer. My search is on... Please help!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

This company has gone from an advertising agent for homeowners seeking vacation rentals to a business that tries to take full control of your property as if they own it. They now post nightly rates on their site even though nightly rates are not offered by the property owner. They do everything they can to isolate the property owner from the tenant including the blocking of emails. What property owner wants a total stranger showing up that they have no information about?

Vacationers wanting a nice home to stay in are not the same kind of a client as a car full of people looking for a place to party for a night or weekend. VRBO could care less about your home and they don't understand that the property owner does not have the same oversight that a hotel does. All of this is an attempt to squeeze every last nickel from the property owner and tenant. All while having no ownership or responsibility for the property. Avoid having any kind of relationship with these pirates.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I was one of the original subscribers to VRBO when they opened over 20 years ago so I have lived through literally ALL the changes that have occurred over the years. What a sad decline to what was once a wonderful company with a focus on people along with their financial bottom line. These things don't have to be mutually exclusive but it seems the company philosophy at the present time dictates this should be so.

I finally have had enough as a property owner and plan to let my subscription lapse when it expires in 2018. Without us as owners they would never have been in business. They have given up their well crafted and favorable identity to chase the almighty dollar. Class for cash. Control is the name of the game now along with stratospheric corporate profit. They want to tell us how to run our own businesses, force us to do things in their way or we get penalized and our listings drop to the bottom of the barrel never to be found again. I haven't had an inquiry in months. Making no money, so why would I, or why should anyone pay them a 25% increase to renew a subscription that is a total nonstarter? Done with this company. They don't care about the renters either. They are treating them as badly as they treat the property owners who keep them in business. No loyalty, no remorse, no relationship, no concern for anyone. Goodbye!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

NEVER BOOK WITH VRBO. I booked and paid for a Florida vacation to Cape Coral on July 23rd of 2017. On December 13th the last half payment was requested due Dec 20th. On December 15th they cancelled my reservation and refunded my money. A FULL FIVE DAYS BEFORE IT IS DUE! No legitimate reason was given. Airline costs, family plans, etc. have been trashed by unethical practices. No resolution has been received to date. DON’T RISK YOUR FAMILY VACATION WITH THESE PEOPLE. NEVER.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I've used VRBO or Homeaway for years. We are a nonprofit ski racing company and suddenly I can't book anything and they do not help at all. No information for the owners. Owners are going to lose out on a lot of bookings with this type of service.

VRBO.com Company Information

www.vrbo.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use