1.51/5
  • 1 star
Based on 104 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Vindale Research

Vindale Research is a paid survey community stretching from the US to the UK, Canada, and Australia. Our goal is to help thousands of companies hear the opinions of consumers and provide information to make their products better. Members are rewarded cash not points. Signing up is free. Join today!

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 2, 2017

110 Vindale Research Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I started doing surveys on another survey site, after I cashed in three times all of a sudden my Surveys except for a few were basically gone. So even though it did not have great reviews I decided to give Vindale a try. I absolutely LOVE it! I don't have PayPal so I need a site that will pay by check. Well I cashed in for $50 after a little over two weeks that was yesterday today and I am back up to $6.16. Vindale pays more than other survey sites I have used and the more surveys you do the higher your quality rating goes so you get even better surveys! The prescreening is basically the same as every other survey site, annoying and time-consuming. There is no getting around that on any site. I am so glad I found it!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

They will send you A notification that you have a new survey within two minutes or you go to the website to take the survey, answer some questions, offer then to tell you it's no longer available, how could that be not even two minutes later? Then every time you finish answering a series of questions sometimes even 10 minutes later, it will tell you the survey is no longer available but to tell you that after 10 minutes is a waste of time! Totally ridiculous answering 10 minutes of questions and Not get a penny for it! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I filled out survey for Vindale for over a year with few problems. When I submitted my account for my $50 pay off for the end of August 2017. They ripped me off and closed my account. I have contacted them on several occasions and all I get is crickets. I would have been well served to take heed of the reviews I read early on that they are unethical and dishonest but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. There is no way to contact them by telephone so I am making a report to the Better Business Bureau and my plan is to make this the most expensive $50 they ever ripped off. What losers!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have been a member of Vindale Research since July of 2017. I spent the last three months taking surveys, but due to the high volume of mismatched surveys, as of September 21, I was only able to make about $20. The extremely high cashout value of $50 for this survey site means that you will never be able to cash out. My account was mysteriously canceled over the last week, despite the fact that I took a survey just a week ago, and I was not given any cancellation notice or anything from Vindale.

They canceled my account, most likely because they did not want to pay me for my time. Don't waste your efforts with Vindale. They are nothing but scam artists, and you will never get a penny from them. There is a long list of complaints, myself included, of this company unjustly canceling member accounts so they can stiff survey takers out of their money.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

There is no money, there are no samples, there are no prizes. I filled out surveys. No money, no samples. Lots of phone calls!!! So did my husband who had filled out one of Vindale's scams first! I just did it to find out who was behind this scam. And it is Vindale's. They run "freestuff.com", which is who scammed my husband. They run almost every illegitimate scam out there. They are all coming from Vindale!!! What was worse is my handicapped husband got harassing calls for months. Evidently they really pursue disabled, diabetic, people over 50 hard. We were both victims of their scams. But they were relentless with pursuing him. Nasty company to do that to the man I love. They need to give him the tools they promised. He has been through so much. And now months of harassing calls because he helped them out with their "research"!!! They should be shut down!!!

Sick scammers like that have no business on our phones and computers!!! Our in daily lives at all. It should be crime to do that to someone, to lie to them, steal and sell their personal information to third parties, and allow them to be harassed by the people who bought this information illegally. But the kicker is those sickos never gave him the tiny bit of tools he wanted!!! Beware of this illegitimate, (let's hope it soon will be considered a crime) CRIMINAL company!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vindale Research?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

At the beginning it wasn't too bad: I easily got over $10 but then I stopped "qualifying", and it took 5 months to get $50. They don't allow to withdraw if you have less than $50. I was receiving many emails stating that there is survey waiting for me, but very few of them were available. About two thirds of them never paid for work: I was finishing them, then I had to write to customer service asking for payment. At the beginning they were at least arguing with me and not paying but later they started answering me in more than 3 weeks only. I would suggest stay away from Vindale. I am closing my Vindale account. There are many much better survey companies.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I have been with Vindale for 3 months now. After your 1st $50 Vindale will send you a message stating that when you reach $600 you have to present proper I.D. and file a W-9 form to continue to do surveys with Vindale Research. I said sure no problem. So I was getting paid for my surveys. Everything was fine until Vindale Research decided to be dirty and throw a monkey wrench into them paying me.

They lied and said there was suspicious activity on my account. I need to provide 3 forms of I.D. At that time I made $50 and I saw that Vindale didn't want to pay me my $50. Because you do not have to provide I.D. to Vindale until you reach $600. The law states do not provide personal information over the phone, in person and over the internet unless you want to provide your personal information. So Vindale has pulled one of their scams not to pay me my $50.

WARNING... Do not sign up with Vindale Research. They will pay you a few times to get you to stay on their site to make it seem that they are legit, but that day will come to where they do not want to pay you because they are a scam trash site. For all of you who has had problems with Vindale Research not paying you, we need to bind together and hit New York's district attorney's general office and file criminal charges against Vindale Research. They are breaking the law by not paying people their money. Once again stay away from Vindale Research. They will scam you with lies, they will block you from signing in to their website just not to pay you. I have seen these complaints about Vindale Research not paying people, I didn't listen, I wish I had listened.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I spent about an hour giving my personal information just to be told each time it's no longer available. I feel like I exposed my personal life to strangers for nothing. I'm really upset and will post my opinion on as many social network sites I can.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I took a survey last night about fast food restaurants and Indie it to the end. It was a really long survey. Whoever asked me the questions made a racist and gay bashing comment I hope I can post the comment here without getting in trouble on this site. I was called a **. I have saved the page and it will appear for a few seconds then go to an end survey page so that I can't screenshot. I have notified Vindale Research and have not received and answer back. I tried calling and the line is giving a busy signal. This person also posted "Germanstaffen" during the survey. I am a ** who is not gay and if I was, why is it any of the business. This company should not be allowed to continue.

Original review: July 16, 2017

A friend of mine said this Company was legit and he did get $50 for doing the surveys for them, however last night I signed up and stayed on for hours till after 12 PM, was on most of the day doing these surveys all for nothing. I got $2 in my account for signing up, which in itself was several pages of trying to get me to sign up for other survey sites or offers before you can even start the surveys.

Finally I get signed up and start doing surveys. Almost every single survey without fail would go to 100 percent then either say the survey was no longer available anymore, or that I don't qualify for the survey, which I find odd since they let you answer all the questions each time then don't pay after you spending so much time on them. I stayed on for hours and was up till after 12 PM answering surveys and I only got paid for one whole survey a Political one for 43 cent. I had the $2.43 in my account today when I canceled my subscription to them. I know I will never collect a dime because I am not going to sit here for months answering questions just to make $50 that may never even come.

I estimate I truthfully answered around 40 surveys yesterday and one paid to my account, if you do the math on that, about 2.5 percent of the surveys probably pay. The problem is they get your information that you spent maybe 30 minutes or an hour on, then make excuses and don't pay you almost every time. I believe all the other complaints are true, because that's more of what I experienced. They put just enough money into peoples accounts they will keep answering surveys trying to cash out the $50, and you will be lucky if you ever see a dime. I know a scam when I see it, and this a scam. I believe at least 1 reviewer below was paid to lie, but I believe a few of the positive reviews are true as well, just enough to say, see we pay out.

Don't fall for this people, I don't care if you been on 3 months and are up to $42, you will probably never see that $50, and if the money was really yours why couldn't you cash it out at any time? It's a nice scam though, get every ounce of info and work out of people and toss them a peanut shell at the end of the day.

I answered one survey about cars, one of the questions was what is the first car that pops into your mind? I answered then it wanted 2 others as well, so I answered, then each time you add another it offers another space. I sat there and I bet you I put in over 75 percent of every car manufacturer ever in business on this planet. I spent about 20 minutes just answering that one question alone because my car knowledge is global and spans since the first was invented, but in the end the survey didn't even pay me.

I have a high IQ, and I know a scam when I see it, and these people are crooks. Don't fall for it. You can make for sure money picking up cans off the side of the road or out of the park quicker than this. In the time I spent on those surveys I could of had at least $5 in cans in my hand that I for sure would get paid for and got exercise and helped recycle too. Think about it, Federal minimum wage at 1 hour working will make you for sure money, unlike this, just get a real job. Don't let them suck you in people, cut your losses and run.

The people saying you need patience are fools and probably work for the Company in another form or else they are the lucky ones. I have more patience than most, but this isn't about patience it's about being willing to take 100 surveys spanning a whole day and getting paid for about 2 of those, and that's criminal. Once you have answered every single question they shouldn't be able to throw up survey no longer available or you don't qualify for this survey.

They are using every single bit of information you give them whether they pay or not, count on it. They are stealing from us, but not me anymore, because I got better things to do than consult information and get burned after doing so. Use at your own risk, you have been warned. This place needs to be investigated and shut down. I have yet to find one legit company like this that does what it says. I too by the way got emails for several dollars only to get the bait and switch when clicking on it.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Vindale is a research company that does pay-survey, but 80% of the surveys is not pay because you get disqualify at the end of it, and others just goes off after you spend 30 minutes answering questions, at the very end just tell you that the survey was unsuccessful AND so on... THAT'S WHY VINDALE IT SHOULD PUT OUT THE MARKET IS A SCAM COMPANY. THANKS.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I think Vindale Research is a bunch of crap. I signed up recently and I have spent countless hours submitting my information over and over. I took so many surveys and most of them when completed said I did not qualify for payment. This is unfair. What, do you have to be in the higher income bracket or be a major buying person in your company? I guess that's what they're looking for so they can barrage you with advertisements. I didn't make a dime! I'm sorely disappointed.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I have done online surveys before and I believe this one is a scam. First I receive about 10 emails a day for surveys that no longer exist. They will send me a survey that pays $1-$5 and then when I click it, it's no longer available and I am then offered a survey for just a few cents. More often than not you will complete a survey %100 and then be told that you do not qualify, I would then submit to them about this and get NO response.

So after about 200 hours into this and determined to make it to the $50 cash out mark I all of a sudden I stopped receiving emails. I tried to login and was told that I did not have an account. I had to sign up all over again and start with 0 balance. Again I wrote to them and let them know this and the response I received was that I probably had an account under a different email address. But they could not explain how they were able to send me 10 emails a day. Total scam. This website is a scam and should be shut down.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I signed up with Vindale Research to do surveys and or panels. They advertise surveys up to $50 and everyday I get several surveys emailed to me that are 10 minutes or more for only $1 or $2. Total fraud!!!

Original review: March 31, 2017

Funny, I signed up in 2016 and I did cash out $50.00 twice which when converted to Canadian dollars was roughly $67.00. However, since January 2017, I received at least 10 emails or more per day but when I open them, it says "Aw man this survey no longer available." Even though, I opened it the moment it arrived in my inbox. I am up to $37.00 and the moment I can cash out at $50.00 I will unsubscribe to this site.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I signed up with this company a couple months ago after reading a positive recommendation from a "blogger" about making part time income with reputable survey companies. I don't have experience with this so I signed up not understanding what a SCAM this company is. You will constantly end up taking hours and hours of surveys with NO credit. You'll get disqualified after they gather so much valuable information from you. You'll complete a survey without them crediting your account properly. I've spent countless hours on this site and my account balance is only up to $41.87.

They will only send you a check if your account reaches $50 - but they won't be upfront about that when you sign up. Out of spite, even though this company continues to NOT credit me for the surveys I'm actually completing, I continue to use the site on my free time because I refuse to believe I will not receive SOME sort of compensation for all the time and effort I've spent on this unethical, lying, scam of a "business". You'll never be able to reach anyone on the phone. You won't get honest help from their email. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Like most everyone is say, it is a crock. I have ADD and this would be a great part time income. Well that was a silly joke. I set up my account and they sent me the surveys to find out oh, they didn't need my information, or sorry you don't qualify for that survey. Why did you have me answer between 3 to 15 questions before you tell me "oh, sorry it has expired", or that I didn't qualify. I sent a question to tech support asking why this was going on. Now any survey I click on says that I was too late the survey has expired. Ok it shows up in my email box and I click on it within 1 minute, expired ya sure it did.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

They stole a few hours of my life, opinions, and ideas, by leading me to hours worth of surveys, for each and every single one of them to say in the end, that my survey was unavailable after it thanked me for completing it. They're stealing our responses and receiving their desired information, without having to pay us. They are fraudulent!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

In the beginning it seems to be a good idea to kill time. Vindale actually uses your information that you give them and then tell you that your information is no longer needed. A example is the fact that I received emails when the topics came available. They were new so the sooner you started the better chance of getting to take the survey. I sometimes look at the screen and catch opening when they first appear. At first I made around 6 or 8 dollars. Then the information that I gave them was submitted after I stay on the site for about 5 to 10 minutes. They say that the survey is no longer available or I do not complete the criteria for the profile. I completed the surveys until pay out which was three months later. It is a rip off because they use people to get survey information. After giving information for about 10 minutes they say that they do not need the information.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I signed up for the 'make money' doing surveys, all I got was this company selling my email and I NOW get over 20+ emails a day from things I never wanted. I try and block them and always use the unsubscribe and MORE keep coming. NEVER again. This is a bad deal.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I did one initial survey for which I "earned" (the teaser, apparently) $2.75. After that, I clicked on dozens of surveys, and after wasting a bunch of time on them, I get a message saying it was no longer available or I didn't qualify. One of them I completed just after it came into my email box, and the message I got at the end said it was no longer available. Yet, I was asked a bunch of questions and wasted my time answering them. The system is purposely vague--you are told that sometimes you have to complete a pre-survey before you get to the actual survey, but it is never clear if you are filling out a pre-survey (to see if you qualify) or an actual survey. Seriously--don't waste your time with this. Spending 15 minutes of your time to earn less than $2, only to find out that they took your fifteen minutes and you get nothing is INFURIATING! It's a SCAM. I don't know it could be called anything else. The old bait and switch.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

Before I signed up they showed surveys you could complete that ended up being totally false. Example: Do a 50 minute survey and make $23. Well I never saw anything close to this. Most are make 30 CENTS after completing a 30 MINUTE survey. And most of the time when you are actually close to completing that survey you will get a "Sorry you do not qualify" message after they got all the info they were looking for. I feel this is a total SCAM!!!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Have been dealing with Vindale for just over two weeks and accumulated just of $6.50. Wow! Like so many others have answers a bunch of question only to be told you don’t qualify. But I thought I was doing the survey, apparently not. Still can’t figure out how to cash out which is another grip. All they are paying is 75c per survey, that is pathetic. Someone is making good money from these surveys and it sure isn’t the people doing them. Don’t ever deal with this company. You will get burnt.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I subscribed a little while ago and have not been paid one cent. I can't complete the survey because I don't qualify. I am retired and live on Social Security only and thought it was a good source of a little income. I click on the survey and get a message I didn't qualify or I can't take the survey. What a scam!!! I just got paid for my first survey in 2 months a whopping .21. I didn't qualify again for another survey after answering a load of questions.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

So Vindale Research is probably not for you if you have a smartphone. I believe this is actually a scam because I try to answer the first question and I get the same question over and over again. I have other things to do in life than to keep messing with a survey company that don't work.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I've been signed up for Vindale for awhile and have accumulated about $6 in my account. I just participated in a jury type survey on my thoughts on a real trial. I spent about 50 minutes on it and gave thoughtful responses. I mean when I explained my reasoning for my decision, I wrote about two paragraphs or more. At the end, they told me I did not qualify for this survey, even after asking me would I mind participating in similar surveys later on. Not only did I read the facts of the case, I was quizzed on them to make sure I was paying attention to them. I think they wasted my time, got my opinions and decided not to compensate me for them. In the future, they should have a process to disqualify people before they give up a big chunk of their time. I will not participate in any more surveys from this company and will look for alternatives.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

I have been doing Vindale Research surveys for over a yr, maybe 2 yrs. I have made $50.00 like 4 times. When I first started it took me a couple of months to get to the $50.00 mark, then the next time it took me about 8 months. I really like doing the surveys & making $$ too. A lot of surveys do mess up, says "you're not qualified", etc. I just made $50.00 in April 1016, then I made another in July. I write to them when I think something is wrong, like taking surveys spending a long time on it & then it says "you're not qualified."

I am retired & disabled raising a grandson, so this helps me out. So I just looked at my account like 4 days ago & I had it to $20.00. Well I noticed I wasn't getting many surveys, & I got an email from Vindale asking me to give them a review. It had a place to click on "good I'm satisfied," & "not good I'm not satisfied." So I clicked on the not good one, & explained why. (3 days ago) I have been going to surveys & getting knocked out. So I tried to log into my Vindale account today, it wouldn't let me & it said that I unsubscribed from them, which I did no such thing.

I went to try & open a new account & it said there is already an account associated with this email, to go & open a new account. I tried, then it said something about turning off my cookies on my laptop. I don't even know what cookies are on a computer. I am afraid I will mess something else up on my laptop. I am trying to do like 10 or 15 different surveys but this is the only one that I have ever got paid on through Paypal. I wrote an email back to Vindale on the survey that they sent me about reviewing them. I don't know if it went through it or not!

Also when I was trying to figure out how to start another account with them it said that I have not been on my account for 2 wks too & I have. I don't know what to do cause I gave them a bad review they shut my account down & I really don't think that is very fair to me. I think I wrote them 2 different emails, & it says there are 3 drafts on that email. So I don't think it let it go through. That is So Wrong to do me like that, I really enjoy taking the surveys & I need the extra money too. Can you please help me with this situation please??

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Vindale is a great way to make extra money in your spare time. In the last two days I have made around $25 for roughly 1 hour worth of time. They are easy to use and seem genuinely interested in not only providing diverse opinions to their clients but in protecting the privacy of the people taking the surveys. Will you get rich from taking surveys or be able to quit your day time job? Not likely. However, if you have a little bit of spare time on your hands and like giving your opinion, Vindale is a great way to make a little cash.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I qualified for a survey on medical issues and was told I would get a call from a third party, and that they would pay $50. I filled out the survey which I qualified for, and after filling everything out, a little note popped up at the end saying I did not qualify. I hope no one else gets screwed like me.

Original review: June 20, 2016

I have been with Vindale a bit shy of 8 weeks. I am up to 57.75 and still climbing. I have pursued their site everyday for hours at a time, knowing it would take that to make decent cash. It is definitely a build and grow process. If I hadn't went after it everyday it might have taken me months to see any results. The more surveys you do, the more verified you become and there is this little score at the top right of your page with them. That's your Quality Score. You get one point for every survey you complete and get paid for. As that score climbs so do the surveys offered to your particular demographics. You also get better paying ones, as the score climbs. I am only to 144 and already I am seeing a difference in the amounts paid for surveys.

So far I have wrote them only once about how much trouble I was having qualifying. That only lasted 2 or 3 weeks and has been great ever since. Perhaps because for me, it isn't just about money. Vindale has some of the most unique and innovative surveys of all the sites I signed up for. Started out with about 12-15 sites and now I mainly do surveys for Vindale and 4 other ones. I thought it would be a good 6 months before I would have met the threshold for their 50 dollar cash out. I was mistaken. If you exercise patience, use your head, do some research before you get upset and give up, you will see that all of the little things DO matter.

Pursue their site daily, get your quality score up and go the extra mile when filling out the open end questions. That's the only way they can see you in more detail. Stay up with all areas of your profile. The more in depth and detailed the more surveys you get offered. Every bit of info that you give them benefits your own self. If you tell them one small thing about yourself, it will not be long before you get surveys sent to you that are relevant to no one but you. I didn't know letting them know about my pets would get me surveys on pet supplies, but it does. I have a dog and cats. I did enough research online and read that if you have pets, fill out your profile letting them know that.

There was not a specific question about pets, but all of those surveys you aren't qualifying for are actually helping after all. Sometimes the qualifying questions ask if you have pets, they will ask you what you may think is a nonsensical question when in fact they are gleaning more demographics about you. Vindale has been around a very long time. They know what they are doing. Why pay out big money to someone who may not stick with it and are only in it for the money. I literally love these surveys of theirs. I have learned so much, get to see products that are coming out that the general public doesn't get see and as I stated earlier, Vindale has some pretty awesome formatted surveys. It makes up for the boring ones. Sure! Like anything, there are some terribly ho hum ones, but these unique ones that I have been getting the last 4 weeks, more than make up for it.

I can't talk about what makes them unique and different, so I am asking you to trust a stranger that when I say they are legit and any issues you may be having have already been addressed before, I am not trying to fool anyone. I am from the Midwest, no one in particular, have no ties to Vindale, other than surveys, I just wanted to possibly help. If I hadn't gotten smart and started investigating this paid survey taking, I wouldn't be doing so well with them. Believe me, I was going nowhere fast at first. Every week it gets a bit better. I am letting my money ride for a bit, have them mail the first payment to me and then taking a picture of it to post on their website. I hope it will encourage the serious ones to hang in there.

Just remember these 3 things... Get your Quality Score climbing upward, pursue their website, everyday if you can, and every time you are disqualified they just got more information about you and your demographics, which in turn gets you the better paying surveys. Like anything in life, if it's worth having you have to work at it a bit. List every minute health issue you have in the health section of your profile, because I promise you that you will get surveys on that too. Every piece of info you give them directly benefits you. Good luck everyone. I hope this helps some of the frustration I felt in your reviews.

I have one last thing to say about Vindale. I am 54 years old and going back to school, because of Vindale's informative and engaging surveys. I didn't know I was eligible for grants, found that out through Vindale. I didn't know I had patience, but I do. Had no idea they would teach me so much about technology that I would want to go back to college to take computer courses. There, for me, has been so much good come out of taking surveys. Who would have thought it? I started all of this because I wanted to take some pressure off money wise. Now I am getting enrolled in school, have already passed the threshold of 50 dollars and learning so much. My 26 year old son thinks it's been a great positive for me and I completely agree.

Vindale Research Company Information