2.00/5
Based on 48 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vindale Research

Vindale Research is a paid survey community stretching from the US to the UK, Canada, and Australia. Our goal is to help thousands of companies hear the opinions of consumers and provide information to make their products better. Members are rewarded cash not points. Signing up is free. Join today!

152 Vindale Research Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have been a member since 2013 and I think the company is a very honest and responsible company. I have read numerous complaints about not getting paid after reaching your goal of 50 dollars but I have not had any of that experience. I understand the frustration of starting a survey and being well into 20 minutes and then being as I put it kicked out. I believe if you have read the information and instructions that you may lose your place in the survey if they have enough people for the survey. I guess if you take that into consideration and not take it personal you will be better off. In all my experience Vindale is a great way to make a little extra spending money and I recommend it to all my friends.

Resolution response: Aug. 10, 2018

They did pay what I had accumulated, but I still believe you should not do business with a company like this.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I signed up to take these paid surveys and when I reached $50 they would send the money to my Paypal account. They pay for referrals, but out of the four people I referred, I only received credit for two. Once I started to get money in my account ($11.90) they threw me out of the site saying something about spam and that I would need to re-verify my email before I could continue. I tried to do that multiple time over multiple days and it would not reinstate my account so I could get my money out. I tried getting support from them, but they just ignore me. In addition, when you take these surveys, they make you spend about 10 minutes answering questions and just when you would get credit for the survey and be paid, they say you did not qualify. This is a scam. Don't sign up.

Vindale Research response

We will take a look at your account. Can you send us a private message with the email address you have registered on Vindale?

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

When I first signed up, the person referring me NEVER got his $5 referral. We both tried to get it worked out. It never did. I have gotten close to the $50 cash out, but got tired of getting *kicked out* after spending a lot of time answering questions. For a while I was only answering the 10 cent questions on the Twitter feed, then they stopped that. SO I've tried recently to get back into it so I can at least get enough to cash out, and as of July 29, 2018, I stopped receiving emails. And I cannot seem to get into a login page either. I have about $44 and would like to work it up to the $50. I don't like the way this company operates. Other Survey sites are much better, and easy to reach if there is an issue.

Vindale Research response

Your referrer would need to contact us directly regarding credit. If he did not receive it, it's possible that you did not use his referral link to sign up. If you can send me a private message with the email address you have registered on Vindale, I can take a look as to why you are not receiving email.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I’ve been a panel not quite a yr and I have 2.50 to get to $50 US. They either screen me out so I’m not qualified to do their surveys or I do it and I don’t get my reward. I’m trying to do all the surveys so I can ask for payment and it’s the impossible. Yeah it’s no surprise that they don’t want to pay out so they do everything so you don’t get your reward but they get all their info and their surveys are not worth your time. Those surveys more than .50 I never get so this panel is so annoying that I should of gotten my payment a long time ago.

Vindale Research response

Sorry to hear of your poor experience on our site. We are working on making this a better experience for everyone by providing surveys you are better qualified for. Keep trying! You will reach payout soon!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have been a member of Vindale Research for 2 years with no issues until now. At the end of July I reached the $50 level and cashed out for a PayPal payment and the funds were debited from my account. I never received the payment. I went back into my account to check what happened. It turned out the funds were reversed back into my account. I went back to do a payment again and their website will not let me do a payment. It just goes into a endless computer loop. I have emailed customer service and have gotten zero response in return. Not even a email confirmation. I think this company is going out of business. Their nonresponse is totally unethical. If I do not hear from them soon I will have to contact my state attorney general.

Vindale Research response

Sorry for not getting to you sooner! We were in the midst of resolving tech issues with payments. Most went out on the 31st but there was a small subset that did not. We have since resolved and you should have received a payment confirmation email. If you still have issues, please contact our support team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vindale Research?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have been a member since 2015. I recently requested a $50 payment. It says it was telling me it has been reversed. I would like to know why. And it says I can't request another payment until August 15. I am extremely upset. My sister recently signed up, Braelynn ** and it says you reversed her payment as well. Her email is **. She do not live in the same household!!! She does her surveys from her independent iPhone. She already received one payment that she cashed in her bank account, so I'm confused why our payments have been reversed. She is a single mom that was doing this to make a little extra money. She does receive some mail at my address because she just got out of an abusive relationship.

I have been receiving payments from Vindale for a couple years now and do more surveys now since I became disabled from a spinal injury. We both met our $50 requirement before July 31. I sincerely hope this is not how you do business. We had other family and friends sign up after seeing our referral codes after we explained your program to them. None of them live here! I have shared my referral code on Facebook and Twitter. We both received payments last month and now we are being blocked. I truly hope you can get our payments that are due to us from July 30th. That is not ok. I have never had an issue with Vindale and I am constantly bragging on what a great company it is. $50 may not seem like a lot to you but for us it is. I am so upset by this. Please get this resolved. You have been a great company to work with. Thank you.

Vindale Research response

Apologies! We experienced some tech issues that affected payments. We have since resolved those and were able to send the remaining payments out today. If you do not see a payment confirmation email, please let me know by reaching out to me via a private response.

Resolution response: Aug. 3, 2018

Well after Filing a complaint with the NY State ATTY General consumer Fraud department AND a Better Business Bureau complaint (NYC) they SENT my payment of $100. If they pull the SAME thing again Ill be back. I had to GOOGLE VINDALE RESEARCH and it came up with thier parent company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

So I’ve been on Vindale a few months. All was good, maybe got $300 dollars appx. I did my latest payment to my PayPal account a few days before the CLOSING date, and on the closing date NO PAYMENT... ($100)… no email as to why etc. I log into Vindale and instead of processing it just says REVERSED and the $100 is BACK into my balance. I’ve emailed SUPPORT@VINDALE.COM. NO REPLY... Called their Phone #, that is useless. Just goes to recordings. Sent them a FAX to a FAX MACHINE... also UNANSWERED. If they had CUSTOMER SERVICE it would be great! It seemed like a HONEST company. The $300ish I got over maybe 3 or so months, but now a problem has risen and they DO NOT REPLY! I would suggest people to be leery after you make maybe $200-$300.

Vindale Research response

Apologies for not responding sooner! We were experiencing some technical difficulties and took us most of the week to resolve. We were finally able to isolate the issue and were able to process payments that we couldn't earlier this week. When there are such issues, we usually post updates to our blog or social media channels.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

I can only speak from my experience from this company...and it is awful...I do surveys and this company is bad bad bad. You give them your time... and you get nothing -0- you get an AWWWW. AFTER you have given them 30 minutes or more answers... time. This has happened so many times... and now today I answered questions and watched new show... 20 minutes and gave them more answers and the site (their site) would not let me continue... I tried everything. They wanted me to start over... omg!!! Their support is just a bunch of excuses and well they get your answers... your time and you get nothing. Join at your own risk. I am quitting them. Now you know.

Vindale Research response

Our support team has been working with Ann privately to resolve this matter.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I joined Vindale on 4/20 2018. Made my fifty by June. Asked for payment on June 15, by check. Received it today. But in their defense I had my physical address on my profile and I get my mail at a PO box. So it was my fault. But I have the check in my hand and it looks legit so I'm saying Vindale is for real and a good way to make some extra money. Thanks Vindale.

Vindale Research response

Thanks for the feedback, Patrick. So happy we were able to resolve the issue involving your payment and glad to have you as a valued member!

Original review: July 12, 2018

It gets harder and harder to "qualify" for a survey the closer you get to the minimum $50 to get a paycheck. All through the process they collect up to 45 minutes of survey data from you then tell you that you do not qualify. As you get close to $50, you no longer qualify for anything. Many surveys take 20 minutes and you get $0.31. It is a TOTAL scam.

Lorraine,

We'd be more than happy to look into your account. Please contact our support team if you have any concerns with specific surveys.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Repeatedly Vindale Research has allowed me to participate in lengthier surveys for more compensation. Several of the most recent take me through the entire survey with it ending “Aw Shoot”. I did mr revenue be the promised compensation, not even a few points. Bottom line they are getting free reviews/surveys and wasting my time. That’s not right. If I don’t qualify why did I have to answer all the questions? That creates count as to the sincerity of the disqualification. I think companies that utilize Vindale Research need to know this is happening. It’s not right to survey participants or companies using the research.

Vindale Research response

If you have any issues with disqualifications, please contact our support team with more info on which surveys you participated in.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I've been with Vindale for a few months. Now and yesterday referred a friend (another friend joined nearly 2 weeks ago I not received referral payment). The problem now is that Vindale no longer recognises my email or password. Neither have been changed.

Update on 7/10/18: I still can't access my account as of last week neither my password or email have changed. I did receive a message saying that a reset link was going to be sent to me but I never received and have checked both spam and inbox.

Hi Joanne,

Can you send me a private response with the email you have registered under Vindale?

Original review: July 1, 2018

In the rare case that I actually qualify for a survey they want me to spend 31 minutes to gain .22. Even when I get to do those there have now been several surveys that I spent 30 minutes on filling out only to be told at the end I don’t qualify after filling out the survey Questions COMPLETELY. I’m not talking about the qualifying questions. I’m talking about answering all the questions of the actual survey and once they have their info they refuse to pay me for my time. Don’t waste your time with this scam. I’ve built up $20 but I’ll never see it because you have to get $50 to withdraw. At this rate that will be in the year 2025. Would be happy to give a better review if the company would stop with the shenanigans.

Vindale Research response

I think you submitted two reviews. I'll only respond to one to avoid redundancy. If you did not submit another, then please let me know so that I may respond to the other person.

We don't provide credit based on time spent. You only have a membership to our site and are not an employee. You are more than welcome to review the terms agreed upon at sign up:

Please contact our support team should you have any questions about particular disqualifications.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I joined up with Vindale Research March 2018. I was very excited when I finally reached the $50 USD amount, and put in a payment request on May 11, 2018. I still have yet to receive it. It has been over the 3 weeks and I have put in an inquiry as per the steps stated on Vindale Research... no reply. I put in a support ticket as well and have had no reply that it was even received. I'm halfway to earning another $50 USD and I don't understand why it's still not being processed? If someone can answer me what steps I need to do next to get the money I've earned answering surveys, that'd be great. I'm Canadian if that helps. Thanks!

Vindale Research response

Hi Brenda. Can you send me a private message with the email address you have on file with Vindale?

Original review: June 14, 2018

I receive a lot of from Vindale but when I click on the link, it's ALWAYS a different survey, and for a lower amount. But I guess that doesn't matter anyway because I NEVER EVER qualify for their surveys, EVER! At this point, I don't see any point in it.

Vindale Research response

Some surveys collect preliminary data to figure out if you qualify for it. There are a number of reasons you can be disqualified such as your answers not meeting requirements, your answers being inconsistent and/or the survey filling up before you get to it. I know how frustrating this can be so I invite you to check out our blog for extras: http://blog.vindale.com.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have been signed up with Vindale for a few weeks now. I understand that they have to do a pre-screening to see if you qualify for surveys. Well, I just took a survey that was over a half hour long. The survey stopped and there was nowhere to continue. I did not get credit for any of my time spent on this survey. The emails are very misleading. They show you a survey where you can make over $1.00 and when you click on it it will say the survey is filled up and offer you another survey making a much lower amount. The surveys are very repetitive. They ask you the same stuff over and over. For the amount of time you spend and what little money you make, this company is definitely not worth spending time on.

Vindale Research response

Sorry to hear you've had a poor experience on our site. The higher paying surveys typically fill up faster so if others are able to complete before you, you are re-directed to another survey.

To note, credit is not provided for time spent on a survey but for completions. If you can provide me with your email and the survey ID/survey name for the one you spent a half hour on, I can review your participation.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I put a lot of effort into answering surveys for Vindale Research company and I requested payment on 05/15 to be paid on 05/31 and I've yet to receive my payment. I've had zero response from several emails which I've sent to support@vindale as well as reporting the issue through the site. Your lack of accountability on this issue is extremely disappointing and I've seen I'm not the only person with this issue.

Vindale Research response

I can look into this. What is the email you have registered on Vindale?

Original review: June 7, 2018

I think the most important aspect that any company should take into account are the payments they promise on the correct date and Vindale in my experience does not comply. I am waiting for payment from May 31 and I have not received it yet. I have sent you emails about this and I have not received any response. Really disappointed...

Vindale Research response

Hi Emilio. Can you please send me a private response with the email you have registered on Vindale and I can take a look?

Resolution response: June 9, 2018

well ill amend my original review because yes i did get paid finally and didnt have to wait next week when they process payments. the woman that e-mailed me back and forth was nice and helpful and i appreciate that, especially since i was prepared to wait for my payment....
w/ that being said i can never give this company 5 stars because of how long you have to wait to get paid,the threshold is $50 which takes months, at least for me, and then on top of that you have to wait 2 weeks from when you requested a payment. is the company that huge that its all they can do? other survey sites pay you in less than 2 days and the threshold is $10-$15 depending on the site. however vindale does pay cash which is ideal for me; other sites do only gift cards, but not all.
also i took off one star because of customer service. why did i have to make a review here as a last ditch effort to get anything resolved since they now refuse to answer my e-mails? and the phone # wont get you customer service either. i dont know, do they want to see if you are serious, or if you're honest by coming here and complaining.....?
if some of you are not getting paid, it may be because you changed your e-mails w/ them or w/ paypal and they sent it to the old e-mail they have on file, thats what happened to me at least. then after i updated it i was paid.

so all in all ill stay w/ vindale and hopefully next time i will have no problems just like the first time. its not the best site but they do always have a lot of studies so its an ok company.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Well they paid me the first time around no problem. But this time they didn't and haven't answered my e-mails or phone all the while sending me e-mails telling me I'm "paid"? But I have gotten nothing. I would like to think it's all an error... but they don't want to answer my e-mails anymore when they used to answer me pretty quickly. They ghosted me... They pay when they feel like it. I won't waste my time anymore w/ this company.

Vindale Research response

What is the email you have registered with Vindale?

Resolution response: June 7, 2018

I am updating my review of payments because they sent me my check for $100 this week thanks

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have been with Vindale a while. Only one payment. Now I been trying to reach out to Vindale since the 5th of the month. Sent numerous emails which they never respond. Tried calling and no phone service available. I chose PayPal payout on the 5th for the 15th payout. Still have not gotten my payment nor any response to my emails. Why have you not sent my $50 I worked very hard and long for the money???

Vindale Research response

Hi Lynda! I can look into this for you. Can you send me a private response with the email address you have registered on Vindale?

UPDATE: We were able to resolve the payment issue with the member.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I've been with Vindale for a while now. And I'm VERY pleased with them! They are one of the best. I've been paid a few times. No problem. Takes a little time to reach 50. But it's what you put into it.

Vindale Research response

Thank you for your participation and honesty! Glad we're able to meet your expectations!

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have taken surveys here for over a year. I achieved the $50 status and opted to receive payment through Paypal in the middle of April. Still have not received payment. I would to LIKE TO believe this is legit but can't say it is as of right now. Disappointed.

Vindale Research response

Hi Kris! We can certainly look into this for you. Can you send me a private message and list the email you have registered on Vindale?

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have had at least 2 referrals which went unpaid and a payment photo unpaid and numerous surveys which I filled out for over 10 minutes only to be disqualified. I figure I make about 20 cents an hour doing this. No big deal I have just stopped doing them except for every now and then so I don't get too frustrated.

Hi Paul!

I'd be more than happy to look into your crediting issue, but first I'd need more information from you. Please contact me privately with the email address you have registered on Vindale?

Resolution response: May 3, 2018

It shouldn't take almost three months for Vindale Research to resolve the issues I've had because of them using a blacklisted mail server. Their solution? Use Gmail because it doesn't block that server. Sure, who cares about online security anyway, huh?

I've upgraded my review by a star, because before I changed it ISP worked fine. So, if you don't care about email security or you use GMail, you can earn money, but it will take a very long time to achieve their extremely high payout limit.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Their payout limit is set so high it will take a very long time to get there. However when you do, they do pay out quickly. However, let's hope you don't need any support, because there isn't any. Their first response will be a canned one. Fair enough, most companies do that, but it barely recognises the actual issue. So you reply & get another irrelevant reply. Eventually, they'll just stop replying to you, but you keep asking them to fix the problem. MONTHS later they are still ignoring you. (Well, at least I earned 50c in the meantime!) So, you PM them on Facebook. They reply immediately. Hurray! Then when you realise they won't fix the problem, they ignore all your messages again. Don't waste your time on this company. They clearly see us as money-making sheep to be used & abused until we make a fuss, then we're to be ignored so we give up in frustration & go away.

Mik,

Glad to hear you reached payout! I'd like to hear more about the issue(s) you are referring to though. What do you feel was not properly addressed?

UPDATE: We understand if the member does not want to change to an email service provider that will not bounce or mark our email as spam. As agreed upon, the problem was resolved by paying out the remaining balance and closing his account.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Good service in general, Sometimes some surveys have the capacity at full and still a user can spend more than 5 minutes to fill in the information and getting an error message that is already full at its capacity, which is really annoying as we have to start again to find another survey.

Vindale Research response

Hi Claudia! Yes, the screener questions take some time to fill out to make sure you qualify for the survey. Unfortunately your answers cannot be saved as each survey comes from a different source. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to contact our support team.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I do try to complete Vindale surveys. But when a survey comes up that describes itself in detail and offers a specific amount of money for a specific amount of effort, I almost always get a B... Hit answer that show a much lower amount of money for a random amount of effort. I AM NOT complaining about the "Mystery" surveys. I can imagine that those can be anything. I am talking about a survey for a specific topic for a reasonable amount of payment. Why are those bogus? Vindale needs to get its act together.

Vindale Research response

Hi Richard! We understand the frustration. However, the higher paying surveys tend to get a lot of attention and participation so they fill up a lot quicker than the lower paying ones. If they fill up or you disqualify, we re-direct you to another survey you may qualify for. If you have any other questions about this, feel free to reach out to our support team!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Vindale is awesome. Glad I found it... Would recommend to friends... Easy way to make some extra money... The surveys have great subjects and very fun and easy to do... Should have found out about Vindale a long time ago.

Vindale Research response

Thank you for your kind words. Happy to have members like you!

Original review: April 24, 2018

I just spent hours... for what starts out with 2.00-3.00 surveys, after a 5 minute questionnaire it takes you to a .30-.50 cent survey, because the “survey is already tapped out”. It happened way too many times... so after 4 hours of “work” that ended up being a nightmare I now have 2.79 in my account... I am livid!!! DO NOT waste your time and on this site!!! Now the consumer report I read about Vindale, I’m fixing to call her credibility out as well!!!

Hi Nancy!

I understand your frustration and we always try to invite you to surveys that fit your profile criteria. However, if you do not qualify based on your screener responses, you are moved onto a different survey. If you would like us to look into your account, you can respond back with your Vindale registered email and we'd be happy to assist.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Did the initial survey on Vindale and got excited, but quickly found out it’s a complete waste of time. Very few surveys, low paying, and every single time I tried one I was either told it suddenly wasn’t available, or I’d complete one and then all the sudden I was redirected to Vindale or alternate survey sites I’d never heard of. Never got a dime off any survey except the intro survey ($2), but you can’t even withdraw payments until $50USD so I just wasted an hour giving away free personal information. Either a scam or incompetently designed. Rating 0/10, will advise people to stay away.

Resolution response: March 15, 2018

I'm so happy to say I just got paid! After reading some reviews I seriously didn't think I would get paid, I kissed my $50 goodbye but... I just checked my PayPal and there was my $50! I thought I was gonna have to haggle them and was thinking of not bothering, I'm kinda shocked. However this company is still a pain in the **, most other survey sites let you cash out at $10 and this one is $50, and you do have to harass them for payment, at least I had to... Is it worth it? I guess so if it pays you and you have nothing to do and don't mind waiting a long time for payment, why not? I don't know why other people didn't get paid and maybe I should just take my $$$ and run lol, and never look back to Vindale. It's hit or miss I guess.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Well I don't think I will be paid but if I am I will come back and edit this review. Just like others here they give you the run-around when it comes to payment. They said I would be paid a week ago but when I contacted them they said in 2 more weeks for some obscure reason... so I'm guessing they will give me the run-around like they did to other here? I guess it was too good to be true that I would be paid in cash unlike other survey sites. I also do Harris Poll, and Clear Voice Surveys and both have paid me in gift cards. I think that's the only real way survey sites like to pay. I'm thinking Vindale is just a front site; you do studies for them from all over and they keep the money. What a waste of time.

Vindale Research Company Information

Fax:
1-866-841-3898
www.vindale.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business