Vindale Research

Vindale Research is a paid survey community stretching from the US to the UK, Canada, and Australia. Our goal is to help thousands of companies hear the opinions of consumers and provide information to make their products better. Members are rewarded cash not points. Signing up is free. Join today!

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have done online surveys before and I believe this one is a scam. First I receive about 10 emails a day for surveys that no longer exist. They will send me a survey that pays $1-$5 and then when I click it, it's no longer available and I am then offered a survey for just a few cents. More often than not you will complete a survey %100 and then be told that you do not qualify, I would then submit to them about this and get NO response.

So after about 200 hours into this and determined to make it to the $50 cash out mark I all of a sudden I stopped receiving emails. I tried to login and was told that I did not have an account. I had to sign up all over again and start with 0 balance. Again I wrote to them and let them know this and the response I received was that I probably had an account under a different email address. But they could not explain how they were able to send me 10 emails a day. Total scam. This website is a scam and should be shut down.

I signed up with Vindale Research to do surveys and or panels. They advertise surveys up to $50 and everyday I get several surveys emailed to me that are 10 minutes or more for only $1 or $2. Total fraud!!!

Funny, I signed up in 2016 and I did cash out $50.00 twice which when converted to Canadian dollars was roughly $67.00. However, since January 2017, I received at least 10 emails or more per day but when I open them, it says "Aw man this survey no longer available." Even though, I opened it the moment it arrived in my inbox. I am up to $37.00 and the moment I can cash out at $50.00 I will unsubscribe to this site.

I signed up with this company a couple months ago after reading a positive recommendation from a "blogger" about making part time income with reputable survey companies. I don't have experience with this so I signed up not understanding what a SCAM this company is. You will constantly end up taking hours and hours of surveys with NO credit. You'll get disqualified after they gather so much valuable information from you. You'll complete a survey without them crediting your account properly. I've spent countless hours on this site and my account balance is only up to $41.87.

They will only send you a check if your account reaches $50 - but they won't be upfront about that when you sign up. Out of spite, even though this company continues to NOT credit me for the surveys I'm actually completing, I continue to use the site on my free time because I refuse to believe I will not receive SOME sort of compensation for all the time and effort I've spent on this unethical, lying, scam of a "business". You'll never be able to reach anyone on the phone. You won't get honest help from their email. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM. STAY AWAY.

Like most everyone is say, it is a crock. I have ADD and this would be a great part time income. Well that was a silly joke. I set up my account and they sent me the surveys to find out oh, they didn't need my information, or sorry you don't qualify for that survey. Why did you have me answer between 3 to 15 questions before you tell me "oh, sorry it has expired", or that I didn't qualify. I sent a question to tech support asking why this was going on. Now any survey I click on says that I was too late the survey has expired. Ok it shows up in my email box and I click on it within 1 minute, expired ya sure it did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vindale Research?

They stole a few hours of my life, opinions, and ideas, by leading me to hours worth of surveys, for each and every single one of them to say in the end, that my survey was unavailable after it thanked me for completing it. They're stealing our responses and receiving their desired information, without having to pay us. They are fraudulent!

In the beginning it seems to be a good idea to kill time. Vindale actually uses your information that you give them and then tell you that your information is no longer needed. A example is the fact that I received emails when the topics came available. They were new so the sooner you started the better chance of getting to take the survey. I sometimes look at the screen and catch opening when they first appear. At first I made around 6 or 8 dollars. Then the information that I gave them was submitted after I stay on the site for about 5 to 10 minutes. They say that the survey is no longer available or I do not complete the criteria for the profile. I completed the surveys until pay out which was three months later. It is a rip off because they use people to get survey information. After giving information for about 10 minutes they say that they do not need the information.

I signed up for the 'make money' doing surveys, all I got was this company selling my email and I NOW get over 20+ emails a day from things I never wanted. I try and block them and always use the unsubscribe and MORE keep coming. NEVER again. This is a bad deal.

I did one initial survey for which I "earned" (the teaser, apparently) $2.75. After that, I clicked on dozens of surveys, and after wasting a bunch of time on them, I get a message saying it was no longer available or I didn't qualify. One of them I completed just after it came into my email box, and the message I got at the end said it was no longer available. Yet, I was asked a bunch of questions and wasted my time answering them. The system is purposely vague--you are told that sometimes you have to complete a pre-survey before you get to the actual survey, but it is never clear if you are filling out a pre-survey (to see if you qualify) or an actual survey. Seriously--don't waste your time with this. Spending 15 minutes of your time to earn less than $2, only to find out that they took your fifteen minutes and you get nothing is INFURIATING! It's a SCAM. I don't know it could be called anything else. The old bait and switch.

Before I signed up they showed surveys you could complete that ended up being totally false. Example: Do a 50 minute survey and make $23. Well I never saw anything close to this. Most are make 30 CENTS after completing a 30 MINUTE survey. And most of the time when you are actually close to completing that survey you will get a "Sorry you do not qualify" message after they got all the info they were looking for. I feel this is a total SCAM!!!!!

Have been dealing with Vindale for just over two weeks and accumulated just of $6.50. Wow! Like so many others have answers a bunch of question only to be told you don’t qualify. But I thought I was doing the survey, apparently not. Still can’t figure out how to cash out which is another grip. All they are paying is 75c per survey, that is pathetic. Someone is making good money from these surveys and it sure isn’t the people doing them. Don’t ever deal with this company. You will get burnt.

I subscribed a little while ago and have not been paid one cent. I can't complete the survey because I don't qualify. I am retired and live on Social Security only and thought it was a good source of a little income. I click on the survey and get a message I didn't qualify or I can't take the survey. What a scam!!! I just got paid for my first survey in 2 months a whopping .21. I didn't qualify again for another survey after answering a load of questions.

So Vindale Research is probably not for you if you have a smartphone. I believe this is actually a scam because I try to answer the first question and I get the same question over and over again. I have other things to do in life than to keep messing with a survey company that don't work.

I've been signed up for Vindale for awhile and have accumulated about $6 in my account. I just participated in a jury type survey on my thoughts on a real trial. I spent about 50 minutes on it and gave thoughtful responses. I mean when I explained my reasoning for my decision, I wrote about two paragraphs or more. At the end, they told me I did not qualify for this survey, even after asking me would I mind participating in similar surveys later on. Not only did I read the facts of the case, I was quizzed on them to make sure I was paying attention to them. I think they wasted my time, got my opinions and decided not to compensate me for them. In the future, they should have a process to disqualify people before they give up a big chunk of their time. I will not participate in any more surveys from this company and will look for alternatives.

I have been doing Vindale Research surveys for over a yr, maybe 2 yrs. I have made $50.00 like 4 times. When I first started it took me a couple of months to get to the $50.00 mark, then the next time it took me about 8 months. I really like doing the surveys & making $$ too. A lot of surveys do mess up, says "you're not qualified", etc. I just made $50.00 in April 1016, then I made another in July. I write to them when I think something is wrong, like taking surveys spending a long time on it & then it says "you're not qualified."

I am retired & disabled raising a grandson, so this helps me out. So I just looked at my account like 4 days ago & I had it to $20.00. Well I noticed I wasn't getting many surveys, & I got an email from Vindale asking me to give them a review. It had a place to click on "good I'm satisfied," & "not good I'm not satisfied." So I clicked on the not good one, & explained why. (3 days ago) I have been going to surveys & getting knocked out. So I tried to log into my Vindale account today, it wouldn't let me & it said that I unsubscribed from them, which I did no such thing.

I went to try & open a new account & it said there is already an account associated with this email, to go & open a new account. I tried, then it said something about turning off my cookies on my laptop. I don't even know what cookies are on a computer. I am afraid I will mess something else up on my laptop. I am trying to do like 10 or 15 different surveys but this is the only one that I have ever got paid on through Paypal. I wrote an email back to Vindale on the survey that they sent me about reviewing them. I don't know if it went through it or not!

Also when I was trying to figure out how to start another account with them it said that I have not been on my account for 2 wks too & I have. I don't know what to do cause I gave them a bad review they shut my account down & I really don't think that is very fair to me. I think I wrote them 2 different emails, & it says there are 3 drafts on that email. So I don't think it let it go through. That is So Wrong to do me like that, I really enjoy taking the surveys & I need the extra money too. Can you please help me with this situation please??

Vindale is a great way to make extra money in your spare time. In the last two days I have made around $25 for roughly 1 hour worth of time. They are easy to use and seem genuinely interested in not only providing diverse opinions to their clients but in protecting the privacy of the people taking the surveys. Will you get rich from taking surveys or be able to quit your day time job? Not likely. However, if you have a little bit of spare time on your hands and like giving your opinion, Vindale is a great way to make a little cash.

I qualified for a survey on medical issues and was told I would get a call from a third party, and that they would pay $50. I filled out the survey which I qualified for, and after filling everything out, a little note popped up at the end saying I did not qualify. I hope no one else gets screwed like me.

I have been with Vindale a bit shy of 8 weeks. I am up to 57.75 and still climbing. I have pursued their site everyday for hours at a time, knowing it would take that to make decent cash. It is definitely a build and grow process. If I hadn't went after it everyday it might have taken me months to see any results. The more surveys you do, the more verified you become and there is this little score at the top right of your page with them. That's your Quality Score. You get one point for every survey you complete and get paid for. As that score climbs so do the surveys offered to your particular demographics. You also get better paying ones, as the score climbs. I am only to 144 and already I am seeing a difference in the amounts paid for surveys.

So far I have wrote them only once about how much trouble I was having qualifying. That only lasted 2 or 3 weeks and has been great ever since. Perhaps because for me, it isn't just about money. Vindale has some of the most unique and innovative surveys of all the sites I signed up for. Started out with about 12-15 sites and now I mainly do surveys for Vindale and 4 other ones. I thought it would be a good 6 months before I would have met the threshold for their 50 dollar cash out. I was mistaken. If you exercise patience, use your head, do some research before you get upset and give up, you will see that all of the little things DO matter.

Pursue their site daily, get your quality score up and go the extra mile when filling out the open end questions. That's the only way they can see you in more detail. Stay up with all areas of your profile. The more in depth and detailed the more surveys you get offered. Every bit of info that you give them benefits your own self. If you tell them one small thing about yourself, it will not be long before you get surveys sent to you that are relevant to no one but you. I didn't know letting them know about my pets would get me surveys on pet supplies, but it does. I have a dog and cats. I did enough research online and read that if you have pets, fill out your profile letting them know that.

There was not a specific question about pets, but all of those surveys you aren't qualifying for are actually helping after all. Sometimes the qualifying questions ask if you have pets, they will ask you what you may think is a nonsensical question when in fact they are gleaning more demographics about you. Vindale has been around a very long time. They know what they are doing. Why pay out big money to someone who may not stick with it and are only in it for the money. I literally love these surveys of theirs. I have learned so much, get to see products that are coming out that the general public doesn't get see and as I stated earlier, Vindale has some pretty awesome formatted surveys. It makes up for the boring ones. Sure! Like anything, there are some terribly ho hum ones, but these unique ones that I have been getting the last 4 weeks, more than make up for it.

I can't talk about what makes them unique and different, so I am asking you to trust a stranger that when I say they are legit and any issues you may be having have already been addressed before, I am not trying to fool anyone. I am from the Midwest, no one in particular, have no ties to Vindale, other than surveys, I just wanted to possibly help. If I hadn't gotten smart and started investigating this paid survey taking, I wouldn't be doing so well with them. Believe me, I was going nowhere fast at first. Every week it gets a bit better. I am letting my money ride for a bit, have them mail the first payment to me and then taking a picture of it to post on their website. I hope it will encourage the serious ones to hang in there.

Just remember these 3 things... Get your Quality Score climbing upward, pursue their website, everyday if you can, and every time you are disqualified they just got more information about you and your demographics, which in turn gets you the better paying surveys. Like anything in life, if it's worth having you have to work at it a bit. List every minute health issue you have in the health section of your profile, because I promise you that you will get surveys on that too. Every piece of info you give them directly benefits you. Good luck everyone. I hope this helps some of the frustration I felt in your reviews.

I have one last thing to say about Vindale. I am 54 years old and going back to school, because of Vindale's informative and engaging surveys. I didn't know I was eligible for grants, found that out through Vindale. I didn't know I had patience, but I do. Had no idea they would teach me so much about technology that I would want to go back to college to take computer courses. There, for me, has been so much good come out of taking surveys. Who would have thought it? I started all of this because I wanted to take some pressure off money wise. Now I am getting enrolled in school, have already passed the threshold of 50 dollars and learning so much. My 26 year old son thinks it's been a great positive for me and I completely agree.

I got one $50 check and was working towards another. One day, I thought everything was fine. I was joking with the customer support person Elizabeth. I had a decent amount of money in my account, especially considering that I seldom managed to get a survey - and I got lots of surveys where I did the entire survey and then they did the demographics and told me I didn't qualify! I tried to login to Vindale and got a message saying my account was cancelled. I've send many emails, no response. I may telephone them. Has anyone EVER managed to get them to pay up? I think it's likely their standard way of doing business. Use you until they they've gotten the most they can get, then cancel before you reach the $50 mark and don't pay. Don't waste your time on them.

I have been turned down for every survey they send me. Don't you just like it when they ask if you would like to do another survey? This company needs to rethink how they treat consumers. I just hope the companies that use them see how they are and how they come up with their results to these surveys.

I have been with Vindale over 6 months. I have accumulated 39.4 whenever I get a survey. It lets me halfway waste my time on it, and tells me survey closed or I do not qualify. **. I wish I could get my 39.41 and NEVER look back. I HATE VINDALE RESEARCH.

Takes forever to get to the minimum $50 cash out. It's a waste of my time, usually tells me I'm unsuccessful when I've done most of the survey or says it's full. The amount of money rewarded for some of the surveys are not worth my time. 28 cents for 10 minutes or 58 cents for 20 minutes, no thank you! There are so many other online surveys that pays better than this.

So I cash out my Vindale incentive a week ago, it was to be paid today January 15. When I go to my email looking to see if the money had been paid to my PayPal account it wasn't there yet. I emailed support to find out what was going on and received an email stating, "we have created a support ticket." Ok that's fine. About 30 minutes later I try to access my account and it says "Your account has been cancelled!!" I am so disappointed because I have been with them for a while now and never had any problems with payout until now. I sent a reply about the issue. So disappointed in Vindale.

The comments about this site are nonsense. The one aspect of these comments which I will agree on is you have to patient. There has to be patience applied but it's supposed to be done on downtime or when you're watching something, etc. The stuff about not paying is simply untrue. They have done exactly as displayed in their information section. After reading the reviews, etc., I got nervous and when they followed through, all of these comments then turned into stories. I started account beginning of Nov. and cashed out $50.00 today with no problem. I'm actually going to continue using them as it's legitimate and satisfactory. Patience needs to be applied and use your head at the start of each survey, or you will be rejected. It's not rocket science. ;)

Over the course of an hour I have attempted countless surveys to answer what seems like significant survey questions only to be told after I answer that the survey has been closed, or I do not qualify, but the best was "this survey has already reached its maximum number of participants". This was after I gave them information! They are taking all of my statistical data for their survey and then telling me sorry, you are S.O.L. to add to the fact they only offer a MEASLY amount of compensation for this racket they are running.

.70 cents for 10 minutes of my time or a whole $2.50 for 25 minutes??? This is a waste of time to try and earn money and all they are doing is collecting your statistical data (income range, zip code, race, what you are buying, or planning to buy, whether you rent/own, whether you own a pet, what ages reside in your home) to sell these statistics to marketing companies to no doubt try to SELL YOU crap. Clearly the only people making any money here is Vindale and we are providing all the data they are selling for free!

I have been with Vindale for a year or so. You don't always qualify for surveys but keep at it. I have received 50 dollars 5 or six times. They send it to my PayPal account and it doesn't take long. Patience people. I think the more you do the more they send. I get them all day long. Thank you Vindale. You give me something to do and get paid for instead of watching "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER".

I just retired and thought that these surveys wouldn't take much time and would be fun to do. I started doing them and the same thing would happen on every one of them. (8-10) I would get about 90% done and everything would lock up so I couldn't complete them. Very frustrating.

I originally thought this would be a fun, legit way to earn money completing surveys, but after about a month of completing numerous surveys, and then being told I didn't qualify, I contacted their customer service and requested my $10.48 that I did earn, and the money hasn't been released yet. It's not fair to spend time on the surveys and not be compensated. They get the information they want and leave you feeling used and fooled. Some surveys will go through but a lot of the times you will complete a survey and at the end it tells you didn't qualify. However they have already gathered your information for their research!!!

I just completed one month with Vindale Research and man was it regrettable. It's too hard to qualify for surveys. Most of the surveys you take will either be filled or you won't qualify and what's worse about it, they don't even have the surveys listed in earliest to latest format so you won't know which surveys are probably open. They take forever to verify your surveys and then sometimes they take it back from you --- I don't know why. Stupid website, don't waste your time.

Advertisements claimed that one could earn money by contributing to their market research through surveys. They claimed that you would be paid $5 simply for signing up, yet it isn't until after doing so that they tell you that you must earn at least $50 before you get paid, and no payment arrangements are made. Several times a day they send emails saying they need your info, but then "oops you don't qualify for payment " AFTER I gave the information requested. Requirements to receive such money were nearly impossible to meet; silly bullshit such as NOT completing a survey in less than 10 minutes time, earning 50 cent increments, AND ALL THOSE DAMN ANNOYING EMAILS FOR NO REASON! YOU HAVE MY PROFILE, YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT I DON'T QUALIFY, SO GO ** YOURSELVES!

Vindale Research Company Profile