Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.51/5

uBid.com

Founded in 1997, uBid.com has aimed to be the top auction and fixed price company in the marketplace. uBid.com provides new, overstock and closeout products in 25 different categories. We have over 6 million members that love our products because uBid.com guarantees quality merchandise, certified sellers, and approved manufacturers. We offer big deals and pride ourselves on our technology and electronics. Are you ready to save money? Visit our website today to learn more!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

uBid.com Reviews

Original review: March 26, 2018

For years I have been trying to get my 700 dollars back from this rip off company, I place a winning bid on a trip to Cancun years ago and the travel agency (called Playacar) who was supposed to be the company that offered that package went out of business. I contacted uBid several times over the years and I am always told that they have no record of my account, what a joke; but sure enough they kept my money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DISHONEST COMPANY!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I shop at uBid so often and my experience with them has been excellent. I don't go to any other business sites at all. I don't use any other auction sites except uBid.com and I've been extremely satisfied with the values that I am receiving. I had an occasion to request one return and it was handled very satisfactorily.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Our experience with uBid was a nice surprise. I bid on some things on eBay sometimes but uBid picks a bit more quality stuff. All the quality stuff on eBay is usually not in a bid system and it's one of the Pay Now kind. The service came pretty fast with uBid. I received the product in a very nice time frame and everything was pretty quick. If I have a need, I'll shop with them again for sure. I'm very satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I found uBid online when I was looking for eBay stuff and searching for discounted and wholesale stuff. They were much better at the beginning but now they're not doing so well. I was able to buy a lot of stuff in bulk and now they don't have those type of feature. They still have some but not as many items. The prices were really good, now they are a little higher than eBay or Amazon.

The only thing I find surprising is that they don't have an app. I need to go through the website in order to shop and I find it hard because buying stuff using my mobile is faster and easier. A mobile app would be a great idea. When in the middle of the day I'd like to find something, then normally I'll open the app and find it right away. But with uBid, I have to go through the website and the website is not cellphone friendly. It's really tiny and hard to log in. I always look for high-end fashion watches in uBid. The experience is great but they need to improve their shopping application experience for customers so we can go back.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I've bought several things from uBid and have never had any problems with them. I never ever could win in another site because as soon as I made a bid then someone else would outbid me. I like uBid better than most of the places I see and plan to shop through them again if I run across something I'm interested in.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about uBid.com?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I've been using uBid.com for quite a few years and I had gotten items that I liked for a reasonable price in the past. In reference to bidding on items, they're more clean cut and there's not as much difficulty in using the site. I have purchased or won a vacation which I hope there should be more explanation in reference to the details of what I'm actually going to get for the vacation and what the extra fees associated with it are. I also would like to have more electronics on the website.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I chose uBid because I don't have to buy any bids to bid, unlike deals.com where I have to buy bids to actually bid on the product. Also, I like the way I got the product quickly. It has been a very good experience and I will use ubid.com again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I like not having to buy bid coins so I chose uBid, but their shipping and handling are terrible and real high. It's the only complaint I got. I got some nice stuff from them and I've been shopping with them on and off for years now. I probably will shop again sometime in the future.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I was looking for a vacation. I had done a search on the web for auction sites and I saw uBid. However, their shipping charges are way too high, so when I do a bid I have to factor all that in order to know if I'd get a good deal or not. I bought a lot of things through uBid and I would buy a lot more if it wasn’t for the high cost of the shipping.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I wasn't happy with the purchase that I made at uBid. The computer that I purchased took forever to get and I spent a lot to get it fixed up. The items were new and in the boxes and they just didn't work. The keyboard was a joke. Every time I pushed a letter, it just repeated the letter. Then I have to buy a new mouse since the mouse didn't click right. I'm not going to go back for all that stuff. I wasn't impressed and now the computer sits. I used it one time and it was so loud, it woke me up at night. It was reconditioned as much as a junk car. Ever since, I have not purchased anymore from uBid and I would never go back.

uBid.com Company Information