Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.93/5

Trunk Club Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Trunk Club sent me a pair of jeans that were without tags and had horizontal crease marks (from sitting down) at the bend of the knee, and stress creases at the button and zipper. The jeans fit so I decided to keep them, despite the fact they were worn and the tags were missing. However, I tried to send back an ill fitting hoodie and they refused to take it back, citing policy of not taking back worn or washed items.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I tried Trunk Club for about a year and really wanted to like it, but it turned out to be a very frustrating experience each month. I had two different stylists, neither of whom listened to any of my feedback that I had given about price range, colors, and style preferences. Despite giving constant feedback on each and every piece in every preview and trunk, I felt like both stylists sent stuff that they personally would want to wear instead of what would look good on my body type. I found myself just keeping the cheapest thing in the trunk each month, even if I didn't love it, just to avoid having to pay the $25 styling fee they charge when you don't keep anything.

I would consistently receive items well above my price range. Even things like colors were a challenge. I would say every month that I didn't want anything black (simple enough, right?) and every single time there would be multiple black items in my trunk preview. If you say you don't want button down shirts? They will send you button downs every month. If you say you want colorful tops? They will send you brown and beige and the ugliest shade of vomit-yellow they can find.

The thing that put me over the edge and finally made me cancel my subscription is that after saying no less than 5 times that I didn't want pants over $100 and didn't want any skinny cut pants, my stylist packed 2 pairs of skinny cut pants - one that was $125 and one that was $150. Along with 3 black items. And a button down. When I asked point blank why my feedback wasn't being taken into account, Madison "apologized" with no explanation and simply said my feedback was being taken into account. Well... sorry folks, it's obviously not if I'm getting items that I've clearly and repeatedly said I don't want. Why would I continue to pay for a service where I'm not being listened to and constantly frustrated every month? No thanks!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Great selection of clothes. The only thing keeping it from 5 star is that my stylist is not as communicative as she should be. 25 is not unreasonable especially since it's applied towards your purchase. With 12 items you have to like one of them unless you did not tell your stylist what you're looking for.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Beware of this shopping service. The “Styling Fee” is charged every time, not just in the beginning which was my understanding. I’ve actually gone back and read the FAQ about the cost and see why I was under that impression. They don’t make the ongoing costs clear. Unless you scroll way down to the bottom and read Styling Fee, you would not see it. I believe this is intentional. If they send you items you don’t like and you have to send everything back, guess what? You are still charged the fee for “styling”. To me this is a failure of the styling service! Also, their customer services is "Sorry you're disappointed" but too bad. I've never dealt with such a company so indifferent about customer satisfaction. Steer clear!

Original review: March 23, 2018

This was my second month using this service. I had requested to be in the lowest price range but the clothes I received were out of my range. Because of my weight, they assumed I was plus sized. They do not list sizes on the clothing pictures. They choose sizes for you. Their edits are very large (15 items). So in my last one I was being sent 3 tops, 5 pairs of wide legged pants in black, 3 skirts, 4 dresses. They were all similar!!! I called to cancel and they apologized (that is a well used phrase for them!). Told I would not receive the box. Well guess what!!! The box is still coming!!! I am sending it right back! I found the customer service to be very poor! Don’t use them!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trunk Club?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Trunk Club is fun - totally worth a shot. You go to the site and click on "get started"... You fill out a detailed questionnaire about yourself, your style, your preferences etc, then you look at fashion photos and rate items as LOVE, like or dislike. I like trying clothes on in the privacy of my own home, trying things that I may not typically pick for myself, being pushed out of my comfort zone. They never send you anything that you disliked and this year Trunk Club included styles from the anniversary sale, how cool was that! I happen to read a review today and it was for plus size Trunk Club - her stylist had shared photos with her about ideas and things she wanted her to try that were not necessarily in her profile. They gave each other feedback with these photos as well - her stylist NAILED IT on every item.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It’s very easy to get Started if you are in the Business and Experienced. If not, they can help you along the way with Questions about a particular Service. Trunk Club is the Best! Overall the Others but time to get to House was a little Slow. But, once there, they got the Job Done very fast and with good quality! If you are thinking about doing this, please use Trunk Club!!! This Stylist is the most Convenient way to do Business with a Great Company like this. Treat yourself and Others. I would use them again and again, and refer them to my Friends and Family.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

First I created an account and subscribed for the full subscription package, I get clothes mixed with fabrics and patterns I would not normally. Then I input my preferences of dress style and fabrics and accessories. I like the quality fabrics and the uniqueness of the articles of clothing. Their premium service and promptness of delivery in my opinion unmatched. I get asked about where I got my clothing but mum is the word. I wish it was just me but it is understandable that others must share in this service. I am glad about the pricing, styles, and accessories.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I got started by listing some info about myself and choosing some styles, it is easy, but every club has different steps. Also, I started because was too busy to go shopping regularly and keep updated. I like that the clothing chosen fit my character based on exchange of info and pics, the club really gets to know someone individually to better tailor selections. Would highly recommend Trunk Club to my friends and family and I actually have recommended them with great results for coworkers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Getting new clothes are always fun and the stylist are so attentive. You take a style quiz at first and you can also show them your Pinterest boards. You tell them your style then they pick clothes and you agree and they send them to you. I like the surprises and I like how you can shop and then try on the items without ever going to the store. Great, fast service but sometimes the clothes to me are not worth the price and some are well overpriced. I believe if they were cheaper more people would purchase the whole trunk.

Trunk Club Company Information