4.13/5
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

15 Trunk Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 23, 2018

This was my second month using this service. I had requested to be in the lowest price range but the clothes I received were out of my range. Because of my weight, they assumed I was plus sized. They do not list sizes on the clothing pictures. They choose sizes for you. Their edits are very large (15 items). So in my last one I was being sent 3 tops, 5 pairs of wide legged pants in black, 3 skirts, 4 dresses. They were all similar!!! I called to cancel and they apologized (that is a well used phrase for them!). Told I would not receive the box. Well guess what!!! The box is still coming!!! I am sending it right back! I found the customer service to be very poor! Don’t use them!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Trunk Club is fun - totally worth a shot. You go to the site and click on "get started"... You fill out a detailed questionnaire about yourself, your style, your preferences etc, then you look at fashion photos and rate items as LOVE, like or dislike. I like trying clothes on in the privacy of my own home, trying things that I may not typically pick for myself, being pushed out of my comfort zone. They never send you anything that you disliked and this year Trunk Club included styles from the anniversary sale, how cool was that! I happen to read a review today and it was for plus size Trunk Club - her stylist had shared photos with her about ideas and things she wanted her to try that were not necessarily in her profile. They gave each other feedback with these photos as well - her stylist NAILED IT on every item.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It’s very easy to get Started if you are in the Business and Experienced. If not, they can help you along the way with Questions about a particular Service. Trunk Club is the Best! Overall the Others but time to get to House was a little Slow. But, once there, they got the Job Done very fast and with good quality! If you are thinking about doing this, please use Trunk Club!!! This Stylist is the most Convenient way to do Business with a Great Company like this. Treat yourself and Others. I would use them again and again, and refer them to my Friends and Family.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

First I created an account and subscribed for the full subscription package, I get clothes mixed with fabrics and patterns I would not normally. Then I input my preferences of dress style and fabrics and accessories. I like the quality fabrics and the uniqueness of the articles of clothing. Their premium service and promptness of delivery in my opinion unmatched. I get asked about where I got my clothing but mum is the word. I wish it was just me but it is understandable that others must share in this service. I am glad about the pricing, styles, and accessories.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I got started by listing some info about myself and choosing some styles, it is easy, but every club has different steps. Also, I started because was too busy to go shopping regularly and keep updated. I like that the clothing chosen fit my character based on exchange of info and pics, the club really gets to know someone individually to better tailor selections. Would highly recommend Trunk Club to my friends and family and I actually have recommended them with great results for coworkers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trunk Club?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Getting new clothes are always fun and the stylist are so attentive. You take a style quiz at first and you can also show them your Pinterest boards. You tell them your style then they pick clothes and you agree and they send them to you. I like the surprises and I like how you can shop and then try on the items without ever going to the store. Great, fast service but sometimes the clothes to me are not worth the price and some are well overpriced. I believe if they were cheaper more people would purchase the whole trunk.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

This store is a very fine example of what custom and tailored really means. I like the fact that with both services you have absolute control over what you receive from the rep. I like the value as well. It was very easy to use and I would use them any time I next need to. I got started after a friend told me about it. I really liked using this product and I didn't have any real problems or dislikes about the service rendered by the company except maybe the time you have to wait. It was an all around great experience for me and I would definitely use this service again. I love the abilities of some companies to rise above the other competition through their own strive for greatness and quality products we can only hope as consumers that others will follow suit. Great, complete quality.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Best stylist ever. I saw an ad for the app for Trunk Club. It was actually very easy to use and sign up and get started. There are different style options and you can customize it at any time. I was always satisfied with how they selected the styles for me and always pleased. Being sent decent clothes for decent prices are always a plus. They help you figure out what you like and what you don't like and how it will look on you and giving you good advice before you try any of them on. They give you the step up in having good self esteem and being the person you want to be. Some of the prices can be a little out of order but not all. Most of the prices are actually really good and much better than going in an actual retail store. Also, positives are working with somebody who doesn't care about anything else but you and what you want. All they want is the best fit for you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Trunk Club is easy to use just about every aspect online. Once I put in my initial sizes and preferences it was pretty easy to do. I love having it come to the house. New outfits delivered monthly are very convenient. I hate going to store and this really saves me and my family time. I very much enjoy the selection of clothes they offer. But some things don't look good and then I have hassle with returning the items that I no longer want. It is not a huge pain, and is easier than going to the mall or department store. It's something I wished could be somewhat easier, somehow.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like Trunk Club quite a bit and I have been satisfied with the options that they've put together for me based on my own personal style. I do not personally have time to shop for the items I need because my work schedule is far too demanding but the styles offered were trendy and organized in a manner that was easy to select from based on the occasions that I needed. I wish that they had more options for work attire because I work for a company that is young and hip and style is an important part of how you are perceived within the company. They had a lot of options for boxes containing just socks, which I personally find unnecessary.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Style with simplicity done right. It was really easy to use and to connect with my stylist. They seemed to be able to zero in on my style and produce a look that I had in my head and brought it to life. You simply fill out a lengthy questionnaire that involves details about your like and dislikes and they match you with a look they think is right for you and your profession. One thing that could be improved is the questionnaire. It is a bit wordy and repetitive which really almost made me quit the service because I believe in streamlined services.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

You start by filling out a questionnaire. Next, you are assigned a stylist and they put together looks for you. You have a couple of days to review those looks and may choose to have them sent or not. You can provide as much feedback as you'd like on each item, as to whether you like it and why. I appreciated how available my stylist was to me. I could email or even text her whenever I wanted, and she was always quick to respond. Most of all, I loved how individualized it was. My stylist was able to put looks together for me for specific events I told her about. But my stylist was abruptly changed on me. It was not a good fit, and I went from spending $500 month on average to canceling my membership.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Trunk Club is fairly decent and interesting. I just signed on, fill out some information, checked out of site then answered more questions and looked at available options. Overall happy with styles, selections, variety of options, silhouettes, colors and fabrics I was interested in checking out. I like that I’m able to get an outside opinion, expertise and thoughts on style and patterns. I like being able to see combinations I hadn’t thought of and also accessories to add on to look for effect. But there should be more opinions from more stylists, know more about costs of alterations, other options on customization, colors, and fabrics, more upscale apparel and accessories and clearer understanding of return policy.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Easy to get started and use; all online; good app for phones; liked the look at feel of the box; the stylist was able to appropriately and correctly size the clothes for me. I also like the convenience, opportunity to try new styles and clothing items; decent price point; customized wardrobe options; opportunity to visit physical store at Chicago location and have drinks. But the clothes were limited to one brand, very boring and basic and stylist was not always receptive to customer needs; pricing was also not competitive; the timing of the boxes was also a bit odd and not transparent enough to be convenient.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Attention to detail and quality of product is generally great. I do not feel a burden to purchase anything if I do not like. There is a well constructed section of being able to optimize your preferences. Do not like upselling and sometimes I get recommendations for things out of my price range. But I am always happy with what I receive and the quality.

Trunk Club expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Trunk Club is an online styling company from Nordstrom. Order trunks on demand, or sign up for a delivery schedule. Your trunk will contain personalized career wear and weekend styles, depending on your preferences. Trunks are available for both men and women in typical department store sizing, including petite, plus size and maternity. The $25 styling fee is waived for Nordstrom credit card users.

• Trunk Club cost: You’ll pay a $25 styling fee per trunk, which they credit toward any items you purchase. Your styling fee is waived when you use a Nordstrom credit or debit card. You’ll receive 6-10 items per trunk, and the prices reflect those at Nordstrom department stores. You can tell your stylist if you want to stick to a particular budget, but in general expect to pay from $150 to $300 for jeans, $20 to $100 for a T-shirt and $60 to $500 for dresses. Other items might include shoes, jackets, purses, swimwear and more.

• Return policy: Once you receive your trunk, you have five days to decide what you want to keep. Return whatever you don’t want using the included free UPS shipping label.

• Set your delivery schedule: You can set up your trunk delivery on any schedule; monthly shipments are a popular choice, but you can also opt for seasonal delivery or just buy one trunk at a time.

• Trunk Club outfits and styles: After you sign up for Trunk Club, you’ll fill out a style profile with information about your budget, style and size. If you want, share your Pinterest boards with more style ideas. Then your box is curated by a personal shopper, who will email you a preview of the contents of your trunk. You’ll have 48 hours to approve the items before they’re shipped.

• Best for: men and women who want high-quality clothing and accessories, especially people with Nordstrom credit cards.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Trunk Club Company Information