1.53/5
Based on 34 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 1, 2017

40 Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I orded some pots and was paying on a month payment plan. Never got my last statement last payment. Don't have a number only mailing Address P.O.Box 569600 Dallas Tx 75356-9600. This where I was sending my payment. I like be refunded paid by check.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I ordered a laptop & DVR. After a few payments the statements stopped coming. No one answers their phone so I emailed. They said they only send email statements now. I requested updated ones, but they haven't sent them. I asked for a refund and they said it has to be paid off first. I paid off the laptop via certified mail. My online acct has not been updated, no email statement despite many requests. I have written to the Postal Inspector General with a fraud claim.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 31, 2017

I am very disappointed in the product and the customer service I received from this company, they are a fraud, they advertise a new produce but send you a refurbished product. I received a Dell laptop, that was 11 years old. After a week I sent it back and asked for all my money back plus the cost of my shipping it back to them, they refused. I will never do busy with them again. Not only did I pay the full price but the shipping and handling twice, they refused to discuss the issues I had with the product. If there is anyone out there that can get a hold of the CEO's phone number I would love it have it. I am not going to let them get away with this.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse they sent me a voucher, a 400 voucher for gifts to choose from. I chose the Samsonite suitcases and a Cuisinart stainless steel pots and pans with food processor. Balance with both items were 89.95 per voucher was sent over a month ago. Never received the items. Their package looks like they represent pc. Very difficult to contact by email. Or telephone. The checks were cashed. My name is Lauretta **. I live in Pontiac MI and I'm very disappointed. And I want my money back.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

The grandfather clock I purchased was great. The only problem we had was they dropped it off at a warehouse and we had to go pick it up. I don't have the order number or the receipt. I had the clock for a lot of years, but when my husband passed away I put all my stuff in a storage shed and I lost everything we worked for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sweepstakes Clearinghouse?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I received a mailing including items to be purchased on lay away; I ordered a laptop and paid in installments. When I paid in full I was sent a laptop which did not work on battery. I called and csr suggested the battery was bad and I should return for replacement laptop. When I got the replacement laptop I used it for about a week then I noticed the display was not coming on most of the time. Then not at all. I called again and the csr only told me my warranty had expired and they couldn't help me. They recommended going to a repair center. In effect I paid money for a no good laptop and they wanted me to be charged more than I paid to have it fixed... I am very upset at what happened.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I have been reading the complaints about Sweepstakes ClearingHouse and can't believe there have been so many negative comments. I have ordered several items over the years and have never had any problems. The items I have ordered were as described in the ads. The shipping I do agree is very high and do agree it should be modified but all has been good with the items I got.

Original review: April 25, 2016

I received a promotional gift certificate for $400.00 for 32-PC freedom/Cuisinart Pot set which the total cost was $489.95. I mailed them a check for $89.95 which was the amount I had to pay. At the bottom of the form it stated it was plus shipping & handling, two weeks later I get a notice in the mail telling me that the shipping fee is an additional $53.38. After reviewing what I ordered, I decided I changed my mind about the pots because of the bad reviews. After 3 weeks, I called and told the company to cancel the order.

The customer service rep told me they couldn't cancel because the order was on the truck to be shipped. I was told them I could return the order and call back once they receive the order back in the warehouse for a refund. I called the company after two weeks and was told that out of the $89.95 I'll receive a check $4.00 and change, because they had to deduct the shipping, the return charge and postage and handling fee, which was never stated in their terms. This company is nothing but a scam company.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I have received the laptop but it didn't came as described. It look like it is a secondhand laptop when I paid for a new one. The internet code doesn't work at all and the prices was $189 dollars but I end up paying $230 dollars, they say for shipping and handling. But I don't see why sense, what I got wasn't new at all.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I ordered two items, each at $89.95. When I received the merchandise, it was NOT as advertised. Cookware set was cheap, not stainless steel as advertised, and there was no Cuisinart food processor. The 6 piece Samsonite luggage was only 3 pieces. Samsonite? Unknown as there is no identification on it whatsoever. Shipping charges of over $70 for the two items was tacked on. I just discovered this upon review of the charges to my credit card. I happen to know the shipping cost was not more than $20 through UPS. I know because I know the special discounted rates these large companies get from UPS. I made a blunder. It will not ever happen again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2016

They send a flyer about a tablet you buy on layaway. I send them 6 payments and now cannot pay anymore and request refunded and have heard nothing 3 weeks today.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I used 2 vouchers - 1 for a $129.95 tablet and 1 for a $89.89 set of Cuisinart cookware. When the cookware arrived the UPS man wanted a check for $68 for shipping. I refused the box. When the tablet came, UPS wanted $38 for shipping. I refused that also. I wrote to SC and called after 10 days. I was told that, even though I had returned the items, I would have to pay the postage plus a 15% restocking fee. Bottom line, I should receive a refund in 2-3 weeks $80.45. A very expensive lesson. I should have looked them up before ordering. Never again! Was on the phone 35 minutes, waiting and talking. They should be put out of business.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

On 10-22-15, My check was posted in your bank for my order of the Android Smartphone on Layaway Plan. Account # **. On 12-28-15, I called and paid off the Layaway Plan. I am currently waiting to start work with UBER. However, I need my smartphone to use the UBER app for communication. I call on 01-05-16, to check on the delivery and was told that it is inventory time and merchandise will not be touched until 01-11-16. Then my phone will be shipped. My issue is that I desperately need to be working. I wrote a letter to you guys explaining my situation and got no response. I am using this means to express the urgency to get my phone. I would greatly appreciate my phone be delivered immediately. Thank you very much!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

I received a tablet for $130 and the shipping & handling end up being an extra $30 more. Then I didn't even get a invoice with my package. The tablet is getting hot and then it powers off on its own. I was searching for their information and seen all the reviews so decide that I might as well just keep it rather than lose the chance of not being able to get a refund. Also, there was no information such as return label or return policy so I just I have to just cut my loss which is a sad thing but I really would like my money back.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

I purchased the 40 piece, Gold Fashion Jewelry Collection and have paid $55.00 three months back and haven't received an invoice or anything. I paid $25.00 payment last month instead the $10.00 and still haven't heard anything. Item Code DJD, I still owe on this item. The total price was retail, $269.95 for $59.95. I also purchased the digital camera with printer for the same payments as well and nothing for that came either. No invoice, nothing. I have my receipts to prove it as well. Why have I not received anything???

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I purchased an internet lap pad. 9". I had to use layaway to purchase it. When I finally received it, I couldn't get the internet to work at all. No matter what I did. I tried my WIFI from home and I already have a wireless lap pad, IPAD and a Kindle Fire. All of those work but I couldn't get the internet Android 9" to work at all. I tried calling to get some kind of return code. I called for almost 2 weeks trying to reach them. On the day I reached them, I was on hold for 45 minutes. I received a send back code. I sent it back and now, I can't get my refund.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

On 10-11-2015 I paid my final payment on the computer I had been paying payment on. As of this letter I haven't received my order. Every time I try to contact them I get message that they are upgrading their site. Try to call them with no success.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

I have been trying to contact someone in Customer Service of Sweepstakes Clearinghouse for over a month now. There are three (3) items that I had in lay-away and I am finished paying for them. I have been trying to find out when they will be shipped and make sure I don't own any more money. I have emailed them with no response. Once when I called, I was on hold as the 38th person in the queue and when I got down to the 2nd person, the phone disconnected. Now when I call, I just get a busy signal. When I go online, it keeps saying they are updating their website. I have been a customer for many years and this is the first time I have had a problem. Would like to know what's going on. Need to speak with a representative or hear from somebody. I have three order numbers that are paid for: 32" TC/DVD, Laptop, and Set of 2 Oil-filled Radiator Heaters.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

I called Sweepstakes Clearinghouse to make a final payment on my merchandise. I was caller #35, I held the phone until I was caller #8. Well I was cut off. I was holding over 30 minutes and that was so unprofessional and very rude. I do have other things to do. Please check your customer service policies. Don't have my merchandise yet.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

I ordered a laptop tablet 2-in-1. Hasn't heard anything about it in two months. They always saying they are updating the website system. I need to know where is my order, I have been a customer from about 25+ yrs and I am very disappointed with them, and I want to know where is my money or my order.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

We sent for a mattress memory foam pad on 9-15-15. The check cleared our bank on 9-25-15. As of 10-13-15 we still hadn't gotten our mattress pad. I am very upset that the company cashed the check but hasn't sent the pad. I think I have been very patient with them, I want my pad or my money refunded.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

Ordered a set of dishes, 4 September 2015. Check was processed 14 September 2015. 30 September 2015, no dishes, called Sweepstakes Clearing House. I was told by customer service representative that the dishes would ship that Friday, 2 October 2015, and there would be a COD for $27.12. Package arrived 13 October 2015, COD amount $46.62. I guess they don't remember from day one to the next what they quote. WON'T BE DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS company anymore!!! No order number, no receipt. No return label.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

Like everyone else I purchased a tablet from the Sweepstakes Clearinghouse. I did receive it but would like to send it back. There was no packing slip with a return label in the box. I tried calling the 214-915-7100 phone number, it did not even ring, so I tried to email their customer service & I get an error message. Then I tried to access my account & it tells me they are updating their website. It's very frustrating. I could send it back to their Texas address but then I'd be afraid I would never get my money back & then I'd be out a tablet & my money. I think they are a fraudulent company & something needs to be done about it.

Original review: June 22, 2015

As previously mentioned by a different person, I have had a similar negative experience. I sent Sweepstakes Clearinghouse $150 toward a computer on layaway thus far. In January my balance was lower. In May they claimed, instead of a $35 shipping fee I now owed $50. But they refuse to cancel my computer and refund the cash.

Original review: June 4, 2015

I was charged twice for shipping and handling, once six dollars and then twenty dollars for a necklace that cost me four dollars to mail back. Rudely refused refund. Asked to be removed from mailing list.

Original review: May 26, 2015

To everyone out there thinking of making a purchase from Clearinghouse sweepstakes. Be advised that if you should decide to cancel a purchase, the chances of you receiving it is iffy at best, and at the least a long wait. What should take minutes in today's world has taken me three weeks just for them to begin the process. NOT SMART BUSINESS in today's world. I could see a week, but not three. And when you call Customer Service you get no results, just a bunch of no-can-do from their reps. Ask for a supervisor and get 'they will return your call in 24-48 hours'. Really who does that to a customer and expect them to return or not give them a bad review? In my case I will be seeking legal action just for the hell of it, let them be the ones twisting in the wind. I could go on and on but it's best to follow though with my plans than to talk about it.

Original review: May 2, 2015

I thought the product was to be brand new. The product does not look new, it looks used. I bought a IMPACK Pneumatic tool set with air compressor. The air compressor is new but, the tool set does not look new. The case locks were broken and the hammer tool is all scratch up. I would like a new case and a new 150mm air hammer at no cost. I paid 313.28 and this is what I get. All the other tools are in good shape. I have bought products from you in the past and they all came in better condition than this product. I have never had any complaints with your company. I am not sure if this product was damaged before shipped out. Or was done by the shipping. Because it looks like the box has been thrown around. I watched the UPS driver throw the box on the sidewalk, I was wondering what happened during the rest of shipping? I do not want to pay for the product or the shipping again.

Original review: April 23, 2015

04/22/2015 I checked on my order status and found out that none of my items have been shipped. They are sitting safely in your warehouse. Since I found both items the same quality for much lower price I wanted to cancel the order from Clearinghouse. I called to Customer Service and ** explained me that in this case I have to wait until items are packaged and shipped to me, I pay additional 70 dollars for shipping and handling and plus for repackaging, only then I will receive my payment back!!! I was so surprised of absurdity that I asked ** to connect me to his supervisor. ** put me on hold for about 20 minutes and never came back to tell me that supervisor has no intention to talk to me. I hung up and called again. Another person (not **) asked me for my account # and told that supervisor is going to call me back in 24 to 48 hours.

I could understand all this, if the merchandise was already in my hands or at least on the way... Please do not send me neither camcorder nor laptop, I am not going to accept the shipments. And if you pursue it anyway, you will leave me no any other way but to go to court.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

I received a "REQUEST FOR ACTION PROGRAM" in which I was to receive 1 OMNI-2 DIGITAL CAMERA (INCLUDES LCD STATUS SCREEN, 150 PHOTO STORAGE, PC CONNECTIONS & SOFTWARE PACKAGE, ALSO A WEBCAM) after submitting my $27.38 check and enclosed voucher in BLUE enclosed envelope within 7 days WHICH I did. I mailed this out on Nov.19, 2014. STILL WAITING. Please send my camera and etc. It was to be a Christmas gift for a special little person. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2014

I received a letter from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse about my layaway so I contacted thru email and customer service a rep and supervisor. When I send in my last payment I requested to cancel my layaway and wanted my full refund. They told me that they're going to mail out my order any way. I have cancel several order before and never was told the company mail out order even if the customer cancel their order. The item was price $199 and the s&h $159. They order to return half of s&h.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Company Information