3.4/5 (272 ratings)

About Stamps.com

Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. It offers on-demand shipping labels with rate discounts of up to 40%. New account holders receive a four-week free trial, free postage and other supplies just for signing up. Postage can be purchased and printed online, and the company sells a variety of shipping supplies with free shipping on select orders. Membership to this service offers significant savings to those who ship packages frequently and would like to cut down on trips to the post office.

Pros

• Enterprise pricing available
  • Introductory perks
  • Rate discounts up to 40%
  • Free trial

Cons

• Limited to USPS and UPS
  • Monthly membership fee

Bottom Line

Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the Postal Service and UPS. Through these partnerships, it offers shipping rate discounts of up to 40%. A monthly membership costs $17.99 per month, with a free four-week trial for all new customers.

Top Stamps.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have been using Stamps.com for many years and only a couple of times run into a printing problem… I am so impressed with those at Stamps.com, I would hire any of them to work fo...

Verified

In spite of the fact that I like the postal employees at our post office, it is a very small one with only two clerks. It is so nice to be able to handle all my Priority Mail from...

What is Stamps.com?

Stamps.com is a membership service that offers discount shipping rates with the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. Once you purchase your membership, you can print shipping labels 24/7 with the click of a button. These labels are discounted and cheaper than shipping at the post office.

The company has no hidden fees, and there’s no guesswork when weighing or measuring your package. Stamps.com can also be integrated with warehouse operations and enterprise companies.

Stamps.com costs

A monthly membership with Stamps.com costs $17.99 per month, and new subscribers get a free four-week trial. With this membership, customers receive discounts of up to 40% on shipping rates with the Postal Service.

Stamp.scom also offers introductory offers that include free postage and shipping accessories, such as a digital scale. For enterprise pricing, contact a Stamps.com account specialist for a custom quote. Stamps.com can also be implemented with warehouse operations with no fees.

Stamps.com FAQ

Is there a monthly fee for Stamps.com?
Yes. It costs $17.99 per month for a Stamps.com membership. With this membership, customers receive shipping rate discounts, on-demand label printing and free introductory offers.
Does Stamps.com offer packages?
You can purchase packages and other shipping supplies from Stamps.com. Free shipping is available on orders of $50 or more.
What does Stamps.com do?
Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. It offers postage, packing supplies and shipping rate discounts for a monthly membership fee.
Is Stamps.com safe?
Yes, Stamps.com is safe. It is an approved licensed vendor of the Postal Service and offers reliable, discounted postage for individuals and businesses.

Is Stamps.com worth it?

Stamps.com offers discounts ranging from 7% to 40% for different shipping rates and package insurance. With a monthly fee of $17.99, a membership is only worth it for those who send enough packages to see these benefits. This service is only for those who ship exclusively with the U.S. Postal Service or UPS, but a membership offers significant savings to those who do.

Stamps.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Blank paper stamps are provided for you to print at a high cost. If you fail to print correctly then you 1) are not eligible for any refund at all even if absolutely nothing was printed on the stamps and the paper is pristine (simply because you opened the package of stamp paper) and 2) you must fill out forms, mail said forms and blank stamp pages to the government to get refunded for purchase of postage that never printed. Do not use this site! Much better to go to the post office!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Horrible website. Don't miss the printing of your document... If you do you'll need to fill out paperwork for a refund. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in postage. How about the option of printing labels twice if your printer misfires instead of filling out paperwork for a refund...SO stupid. I'm looking for a full refund from the company. Also the customer rep hanging up on me was a nice touch. Don't use this service.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Purchased what I thought were stamps ready to use. My fault I did not realize I had to print them. I purchased with a 1 month free trial, but then began getting recurring monthly charges without approving. Could have also been my fault, may have been in the fine print. Anyway, I closed my account with Stamps.com as soon as I realized this was going on. I had not yet printed my stamps. I tried to go onto stamps.com and find a way to print them but could not. Called customer service who told me I could not print them since I had closed my account. What?! It had been 21 days since my purchase of the stamp sheets. I asked to return them for a refund and was told they could not do that since I had closed my account. I said, "You have my credit card and my order number, SO seriously, work with me...Either allow me to print what I've purchased or refund my money."

I asked to speak with a manager. I was put on hold 7 times while the rep spoke with his supervisor. After 41 minutes, I was finally told they were going to email me a return shipping label. Of course, I have to pay the 4+ dollars in shipping. While I obtained some semblance of resolution, I certainly will not do business with them again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

I entered CC info for a one time transaction. They then without my knowledge or authorization enrolled me in the pro plan for $17.99 per month. Very deceptive as I don't recall me authorizing any membership. When I found out they were charging my cc every month, they made it very hard to cancel membership. The US laws should be changed to make a temporary membership where you have to cancel after trial illegal. The business should need your authorization after the trial to enroll you in a membership. Take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Second, I never got the label and the site won't let you reprint (even though the site states you can reprint within 24 hrs). Lies! Used sample print before completing the purchase to verify the label would fit on the regular printer paper, but when I completed the label purchase, the print preview changed to print the label on half of the page. Once you make any adjustments to the print setup you CANNOT reprint and must request a refund that takes the post office 2-3 weeks to approve and then another 4-6 weeks for the money to be returned. Customer service closed on the weekend so no support!

I'll be reporting this scam to my bank and the BBB. Why would you change my printer settings so you can purposely take my $ in hopes I'll likely forget in 8+ weeks. On top of that my card was charged 4 times for 1 label! NEVER AGAIN And I've used many eCommerce sites that email you the label so you have more than one chance to print it in case something goes wrong. In this case, it is obvious they set it up like that for a reason...to take your $... OH and to tip it off I clicked the button the cancel, received confirmation I canceled my trial...and then got an email saying thanks for upgrading from the 17.99 to the 24,99 package and I will be charged today so I literally canceled my account and was told I upgraded instead!!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Do not give this company credit card information. I was charged $10 for allegedly purchasing 27 stamps, despite my only provided sheet of 9 stamps! This is a scam! Even the customer service reps, though very understanding, said there is no vehicle for refund, despite offer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

When I signed up with Stamps.com I thought I was dealing with an arm of the USPS. WRONG! They make it appear that they are actually affiliated through their site design. After many months of being billed $17.99 I find that they have me in a PRO service. I did NOT sign up for. Their support said it was their policy to put every new account in the PRO service as a default. Even though I only spend a few dollars in postage (Paid separately). Please be VERY wary of this outfit. Their business model is NOT customer oriented and definitely not affiliated with our proud national postal service. My credit card company is investigating them and have disputed my payments.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I paid $87 for overnight shipping through UPS. I dropped package off Friday morning and it was not delivered until Monday. UPS delivers to me on Saturday all the time. They would not refund my money for the missed shipping date. The option for Saturday delivery was not available to check when I selected overnight. It said in the application that one day delivery was tgee we estimate of arrival. They refuse to refund me.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Stamps.com is a scam. They were charging me for over 2 years for an account I never signed up for totaling over $500. When I noticed the charge it was extremely hard to get someone on the phone and it took multiple calls to get a straight answer. I still have not received a refund despite being told that I would be receiving it AND was charged again even after shutting down this account. This company needs to be shut down.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Do not use Stamps.com at all! For the few months I used it the process was slow no matter the device or printer that I used it on. The customer service is extremely slow and it seems their system is not up to date. I cancelled my account the day before the next subscription and they still charged me for the month but at double the cost ($36.34). When I contacted them via email they sent me a statement and noted that it was because I had not paid previous months. One of those months is for the upcoming month (which is what I canceled) and the second for July. Yet I have the bank statement and my expense report on stamps.com shows that I paid so I’m still unsure of how they came up with that information.

After not getting another response I finally called stamps.com only for them to tell me that I was still charged for the upcoming month yet I can’t even use the services. They did refund me for the double charge of July, they’re just not holding themselves accountable for their system that charged me after my cancellation. If you’re a business, don’t waste your time with this company. Try Shippo or anything else but stamps.com and save yourself the hassle.

Stamps.com Company Information