3.40/5
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Squarespace

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 6, 2017

10 Squarespace Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I signed up for this service and created a website easily enough; however, I no longer needed the website, so when an email came that I was due for an automatic renewal, I followed the instructions to go to the website and cancel. I use the term "instructions" loosely because they weren't helpful at all and it took me quite a while to cancel the subscription. Then I find out (through a charge on my credit card) that I was still charged renewal, despite canceling. Customer service has informed that domain and website charges are separate and they cannot refund - which is convenient since the domain does not show up separately when cancelling the service and the charge still comes from Squarespace (there is no separate domain company to speak with to resolve this). Basically, there is no resolution.

Squarespace tricks you into paying for a service that you think you cancelled by separating these services for no good reason (I asked, they could not provide one). BEWARE! Customer service was also not helpful and slightly condescending. Would never recommend this company, when there are so many options for creating and hosting a website.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I was referred to Squarespace by a work colleague. They promote themselves as an easy website design and hosting company. They offer many cool templates and a great step-by-step sign-up process but when there's a technical issue, they are nowhere to be found. When there are customer service issues, they are nowhere to be found. You have to maneuver a labyrinth of irrelevant support pages. The say they have 24 hour customer service but that is misleading. They offer support web pages only. They offer a Live Chat during the day but you really have to search hard to find it. And when I found it, the support person could not fix my problem. He typed "I will have to research this further and will be in touch."

I registered a domain name, created a website, paid for Squarespace to host it and paid for an email account through G-Suite. There was a problem processing my email account. I got an error message, "We are unable to process this email account." But they had no trouble processing my credit card for it. Since there was no one to turn to, I canceled the email account minutes later. Turns out there is a no-refund policy which they insist was clearly stated. It was not. The support staff were very cordial via email and Live chat but they did not provide answers. Nor did they provide a refund. I can't in good faith recommend a company that doesn't value customer service. I still have the domain name and web hosting has been paid in advance for a full year. This will give me time to look for an alternative.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Great designs and options. I was able to find what I needed with ease and apply to my site just as easily. Made my home business look very professional and well put together. Excellent quality which help provide a very put together appearance for my home based business website. The ease of use was super helpful to me cause I'm not very tech literate. Pricing was good and reasonable. Especially when comparing with other similar sites and companies. I was able to create just what I needed without breaking the bank. Customer service and support was terrific. Always there when I needed them and they explained/helped me in words and ways I could understand.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Lots of fun options and instructions on how to create professional websites. Little to no experience required. It was all fun and easy. It all looks very professional and clean. Very smooth layouts and warm inviting colors. We could do with more programs like Squarespace. It was very affordable and within anyone's price range. A lot less expensive than the competitors programs! I had to use customer service twice and both times my problems were quickly solved and I was on my way!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Lots of options. Very helpful in understanding the process to help me build my site. Graphics are nice and they have visual aids to let me see as I go through the process. Enough to get what I wanted, but not too complicated as to confuse others. The quality is decent, not too over the top. Didn't get too distracted. The price was very competitive with other sites that promised the same thing. Lets me see the finished product before I needed to purchase. The customer support was very helpful when I needed it. Otherwise it's very comparable to others. You could easily go through the process without any problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Squarespace?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

When I was designing my website, it was able to easily find a suitable design option that I wanted have displayed on my site. I was able to find something that speaks hey, this is me. It was both clean and modern looking, very stylish and professional looking. There was a wide range of colors and font sizes to pick from which allowed me to make to keep my personal touch to the website. I like the ability that I had to still be flexible with the design and add things as needed. The site looked very professional. It was very clean and organized. I really liked how it looked and how well it stood out from other sites. It did not look like something that I just did on my own. When I used the service I actually got a very very reasonable deal. It was a bargain!

I would recommend them to anyone and everyone who is looking into venturing out into creating your own web page to turn here. They are so affordable even after the promotional rate that I was able to take advantage of. It is still excellent for their services they provide for you. I have never really had to contact their customer support except with a question that was answered through chat and it was answered very quickly and to my satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

It offered many different features in a variety of categories. It was easy to use and help my website stand out among the crowd. I would recommend this to anybody looking to build up their own website. My overall experience was satisfactory. The quality of my website was amazing, it was as if they saw what I wanted by looking into my head and just did it. I was really blown away with how professional my website ended up looking. The price was fair, not that far out there and for what I got, I was more than happy to pay for it. For all the features that my website ended up having I guess you could say it was a steal, I'm not complaining. Amazing customer support, I only had to use it once and they fixed my problem within the hour. If you need any help with your website, the customer support services will be your best bet.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

There is a nice variety of design options. Several choices for each category. Going step by step will result in a fairly nice but simple website. I used it to make a site for my candle company. Make sure your pictures are excellent. It is easy enough although time consuming. Their price seems to be right in line with what others are charging for similar services. You definitely get what you pay for. You will get a site that is easy to maneuver and use. You will be pleased. I never needed to contact customer support during my experience, which is a good thing because that means there were no problems or issues that I needed help with.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

Included a variety of options which help make the process much more easier. It's easy to get around, and if you are willing to work you can get the job done quickly. I was creating a shirt website and I was happy with the outcome. I completed it in less than a day, and I personally don't know a lot about computers. It is pretty cheap, roughly around 300$, and I feel it's worth more because of how smooth and good my website turned out to look. I would definitely recommend. Very helpful as it allowed me to ask questions when needed. It gave me steps, and the overall experience was great, and If I need to this is the site I will go.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

They have lots of variety and templates to use. Whether you want a dark theme or a happy/light theme, they've got it ready. I would recommend Squarespace over any other website-builder related sites. Quality is great and just as expected. I love the templates they provide. I enjoy using Squarespace. 8/10 would recommend to any user. The pricing is great and they offer great deals and sales. Affordable, but be willing to spend more money if you want something perfect. The best isn't always free! Quick response, fast replies, easy instructions. Squarespace hands down has the best customer support out there. If you need help, you'll get it.

Squarespace expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Squarespace is a New York City-based company with offices in nearly 200 countries. Started in 2004, it currently has more than 500 employees working all over the world.

• Templates: Squarespace has a library that includes thousands of website templates that make it easy for novice and advanced developers to build sites quickly.
    • E-commerce tools: The e-commerce tools from Squarespace let businesses add and manage online storefronts. Drag-and-drop tools, customized settings and commerce templates provide support for businesses of all sizes.
    • Analytics: Analytics tools from Squarespace provide insights into traffic and visitor behaviors so developers can create strategic marketing plans and design sites that match visitor uses.
    • Customer support: Squarespace uses a customer service ticket system that's available 24/7. It also has a large knowledge base section that teaches new members how to use tools effectively.
    • Mobile designs: All websites created with Squarespace's builder are automatically optimized for viewing on a range of mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
    • Best for: Businesses that want to incorporate e-commerce tools into their websites, those marketing their skills online and small businesses looking for ways to reach their customers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs