1.44/5
Based on 32 reviews that contain star ratings

35 Spinmaster.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

This is latest email sent to Spinmaster. A replacement doll has been on its way since 2nd January! Being continually fobbed off. I have been contacting you continuously since 2nd January by email and telephone. I am being completely mislead. Your customer service is truly appalling. All we want is the replacement we were promised. We were told in numerous occasions it was shipped and to expect in a couple of days... weeks later still waiting. Your excuse is that now you have no contact with your warehouse in the Netherlands!!! Please explain to me then... how do they know to send a replacement??? How do they know our name and address??? If you have no contact with them???

You also state that you will receive tracking information which you will send me? How will you receive this? Again you have no way of contacting the warehouse? This has been ongoing for nearly 2 month. We paid for a faulty item. We sent you everything you requested. Yet still my daughter is without her Christmas present. What are you doing about it!? Please don't ask me to phone in reply to this email! I want action not empty words and promises. It's ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

BB-8 - The robot I received works. I don't play with it often and have charged it a few times. It's a great toy and collector's item. I'm 40 and it's definitely worth the money. Once you get the hang of driving him, he maneuvers quite well in confined spaces contrary to many complaints people have. My only complaint is if you let him wander he may run into something and you will have to drop what you are doing and run in and out his head back on because he freaks out. I hope they offer upgrades via mini USB in the future. An option to program commands and animations would be great.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I returned a Luvabella Doll purchased directly through the Spinmaster website. It was received by them on December 12, 2017. Refund policy is 21 days. After repeated emails and phone calls to customer service, I am now on day 50 of complaining and requesting my refund. Every time I call they state they are expediting it to the next level to see why I haven't received my refund. They will not allow you to speak to a supervisor and on my most recent phone call I was informed the "headquarters" handles the refunds. When asked to have that phone number, I was placed on hold, and I am still on hold 15 minutes later. Do not buy directly from this company. They are continuing a practice of holding your refund money because they longer they have it, the more interest they make on your money.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I highly advise people to avoid this company. December 15 they received a returned brand new Luvabella doll which was never opened. I Was told it would be 21 business days before they refunded my money. Since then it has been well over 21 business days and they still have not refunded my money. I have made at least five phone calls and three emails since then. At 27 days after the return products I was told my money will be issued immediately but this was too a lie. Beware! Do not deal with this company. I plan on issuing a complaint with the District Attorney and possibly taking them to small claims court.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Received a Spin Master Paw Patrol toy as a gift, which was missing a part. Called the company to request said missing part. After many efforts to get through to the UK call center, it was finally confirmed they did not stock the spare part. As a goodwill gesture they agreed to send a small alternative Paw Patrol toy. Not ideal, but better than nothing. I made the call around 12 December 2017 and they advised it would take ten working days. I appreciate Christmas may have slowed down delivery but it is now 28 January and there is still no sign of the replacement. Subsequent responses from Spin Master assure me the matter has been escalated but no resolution is in sight. I am beginning to doubt I will receive anything from them, which is disappointing. The disappointment will be most keenly by my young daughter. Spin Master should be ashamed of themselves.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spinmaster.com?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I should have read all the reviews prior to purchasing from Spin Master. I ordered a Hero Droid BB8. It took several days to process, which was slower than I had been used to, but nothing out of the ordinary. I receive a tracking number, but five business days later, I was out of patience. The tracking number, from the moment they handed it to me, did not work on UPS. I called them a few times in between, and there were several agents who more or less spoke the same thing. 'The supervisor is busy,' or 'I will need to get in touch with my supervisor and he will email you within 24-48 hours' (which he never did).

The last time I called I put my foot down and finally got a supervisor to speak to me personally. He was very rude and very impolite, and no matter what I tried in terms of inquiries or asking him about resolutions (refund or reship), he would always respond with the same answer that made no sense. 'Like I said, UPS just needs time to scan the product into their system.' Realizing I would get nowhere with him, I asked him for evidence of our phone call, and he said he was drafting up an email to send to me his 'word' that he will figure this out with UPS. Guess what? Three days later and still no email.

I decided to call UPS myself and found out that, of the two types of scans they scan on each product that comes in through their business, neither scans had been scanned on the toy. Which meant this was still in the Spin Master warehouse. Calling Spin Master again, I FINALLY spoke to a polite woman who really cared about the customers. Her name was Sivar. When she couldn't reach one manager, she reached another who discovered that the tracking number was wrong all alone, even though one of the agents reassured me that the supervisor told him it was the right number. Great. I plug it into UPS tracking and it works. It had just delivered an hour ago. I thank Sivar and get my package (I live in an apartment).

I bring the package in, and assemble the droid, charging it. Excited, I turn it on. BB8 behaves well and acts perfectly. Nothing wrong with its head falling off or anything. However, after one use, the droid stopped working. The head stopped working and all the colors on the head began flashing, which, according to the instruction guide, meant that there was a system error (and yet, there was no explanation on what that was or how to fix it), and because Spin Master's office hours were closed, I had to wait until the next morning to call, which I did. The agent said it's an expensive product, and because of that, there was a 90-day warranty, and the only option was to send a shipping slip through email in 24-48 hours (which I highly doubt), have me print it out, then ship it from USPS. The package would then go to their tech, and if they cannot fix the problem, they will ship me a new one.

Overall, it will take 20 days for everything to resolve and send me a new droid if they can't fix it, and if it doesn't work, those twenty days are gone from the 90-day warranty. No more renewal of the 90-day warranty, so if I get a new droid and it doesn't work, then I'm down to 70 days. Somehow, I feel like this is all part of their plan.

If you go anywhere that sells this toy, reviews for it will be awful. You will find a litany of complaints under the YouTube comment section for reviews of this toy. Wal-mart and Target, and Toys R Us also have plenty of negative complaints. It's best to not buy this product. There are far more negative reviews than good ones, which leads me to believe that there are far more defective, unworking BB8 droids than functioning ones. As much as a Star Wars fan me or anyone else may be, stay away from this product. I recommend you wait until a new droid comes out that's improved. Spin Master certainly did not bother about quality when creating this product. Everything I have said in this review is true.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

My daughter received an Abby Chatster for her birthday and the sound did not work. I contacted Spinmaster support and they no longer had the toy in stock so they sent out a different toy (awesome). Only the new toy Fairy Flutter Fly did not work either. Once again I contacted customer support and they sent a replacement Flutter Fly. I just received the replacement and lo and behold one of the wings are broken. :/ I am very disappointed as the customer service has been great but the toys are cheap!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I ordered the Luvabella Dark Brown Doll on November 24, 2017 from Spinmaster.com. I rerouted my package and had it sent to a UPS store in Duluth, GA where I picked it up on 12/7/2017 at 5:47 PM. Upon receiving the package, I noticed that the wrong item was shipped. I had received a small Hatchimals collectible item. I called Spinmaster Customer Care on 12/7/2017 at 7:49 PM and spoke to Ricky and told him I would like to receive a refund for the item. He told me I would be receiving an email within 2-5 business days with a return # and label.

I received the email from Raymond at Spinmaster with a tracking # and RMA #. I also received my UPS label the same day. I returned my package to the UPS store on 12/23/2017 at 11:35 AM with an expected arrival date to Spinmaster by 1/3/2018. Today (1/6/2018), I checked the UPS website to confirm receipt of the returned package only to find the package was refused by the warehouse. I placed a phone call to Spinmaster at 10:53 AM and spoke with Angel. He informed me that he had no explanation for my package being refused by the warehouse. I asked him about my refund and Angel informs me that Spinmaster has to have the returned item in order to provide a refund.

I told him I sent the item back and it has been refused by the warehouse with no explanation. I asked to speak with a supervisor only to be told there was no supervisor or team leader available to speak with me, because they were dealing with other cases. Angel told me he would forward my case to a team leader and they would contact me as soon as they could. I asked when should I expect a phone call, and Angel could not provide me with a time frame. This whole process has been nothing short of a nightmare. I expected your company to be able to provide me with excellent service since you all are the manufacturers. I was terribly wrong.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

My daughter got an empty Hatchimals on Christmas and was so upset and Spinmaster won’t replace it. Only gave us a coupon that doesn’t cover the item. So disappointed. Their mistake and they should of replaced it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I do not recommend Air Hogs Robo Tank for anybody. An hour charge time for five minutes of play is not worth when your child gets so upset because I cannot play with their toy but for five minutes definitely not worth the price. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought my daughter a Luvabella doll for her 6th bday and it has been a horrible experience. I am in Australia so paid over $220 AUS for this doll with shipping but it was the only thing she wanted for her birthday so I worked hard and budgeted for this item. She was so excited to receive it on her special day but that soon turned into tears and devastation when we discovered it did not work. She spent all day of her bday crying and was still crying on and off days later at school.

I have made countless emails and phone calls to Spin Master and nobody was replying on what I could do to get a return and replacement doll. I finally received a response last night stating because I am in Australia they will not accept a return, exchange or a refund. Now I have to tell my daughter that she will not be getting a replacement because all this company cares about is making $$$ and not customer satisfaction. I have never dealt with such a horrible company before and these guys actually make children's toys? Are you serious? My daughter has asked Santa to bring her a Hatchimal for Christmas but I refuse to ever bring another Spin Master toy in my house and will be recommending for others to do the same. Thanks again for ruining a 6 year old's bday and having absolutely no care factor for your customers. Absolutely disgusted with Spin Master!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I placed an order with Spin Master on October 26, 2017. I received my order confirmation email as normal. After approximately two weeks and checking into the account I had created to check the status of my order which had not changed from "processing" I contacted Spin Master at the telephone number provided on the order confirmation email. I was told by a customer service representative that my order should be shipping soon. Another week passed and still no change in the status of my order in my account and no shipping confirmation, I called back to Spin Master and spoke with another customer service representative who indicated that she would expedite my order and that it would ship shortly. Needless to say that did not happen.

I called back on two or three more occasions to only be told conflicting information by each representative. For example they do not expedite orders. And that one of the items in my order was probably out of stock and that they do not ship incomplete orders and that was most likely the delay. I waited until December 1, 2017 to call back and advise that I would like to cancel my order as it is unheard of to place an order on October 26, 2017 and by December 1, 2017 it still has not shipped.

Meanwhile I was receiving emails from Spin Master to review my recent purchase. I was told by the representative that he could not help me but would transfer me to the "shipping department" as they would be able to cancel my order. I waited on hold for 30 minutes for the "shipping department" to finally pick up the phone to be told that I could not cancel my order that has been "processing" since October 26, 2017. I would have to wait for the merchandise to be shipped and then refuse same and wait for it to be sent back to their warehouse to receive a refund. This is completely ridiculous and unheard of. I refused to do so.

I spent an hour on the phone with a representative who finally after an hour on the phone advises that all of the "supervisors" had gone home and they are the only ones who can cancel an order. I would have to wait for a call back from a supervisor or call them back on Monday. On Monday I get two packages from Spin Master containing only two of the three items I had ordered. After I received same I get a shipping confirmation email. I find it ridiculous that Spin Master shipped an "incomplete order" the same day that (December 4, 2017) I advised that I wanted to cancel same.

Meanwhile I was told the reason why my order had not shipped was because an item was out of stock and they do not ship incomplete orders. I received a voicemail from "Trevor" of Spin Master that same day indicating that it appears I had received some of the items in my order and if I would like a refund he would be able to assist me and if I would like I could have the third item from my order by the end of the week.

I call Spin Master back. Speak to representative and ask to speak with Trevor who apparently is unavailable as is every other "supervisor" that works at Spin Master and I would have to wait for a return call and that he would expedite my return call. I advise once again that I do not want the third item from my order as I am tired of repeatedly being given conflicting information by every representative that I have spoken with and have spent a ridiculous amount of time on hold trying to ascertain the status of my order and then trying to cancel it. I am still waiting for a return call. I would not recommend that anyone place any orders with Spin Master.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I bought the Luvabella doll. I live in Europe So I had to pay a whole lot to get it here since in Europe it's not being sold. If I would live there I would pay 80 dollar, now I paid 300 euro! Well everything for my girl, But it came and did not work at all! So I called 8! times to customer service/care. They can leave the service and care away!!! They dont have service. You only count if you are an American or Canadian customer.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I wasted my money on a Brightling for my daughter for her birthday because not even 40 days later it completely stopped working. I called in to let the company know about the issue and all they have done is sent me through hoops in order to get a different item to replace my Brightling because they don't have it in stock. It has now been 24 hours. I have been jumping through hoops trying to get at least my money's worth for what I already have into that doll. The first time I called the woman told me I would receive an email and she started my case. I never got an email so I called again and he couldn't even find the case number that the first lady provided me.

So the third time I called the woman that answered this time told me that their system is down and basically there is nothing she can do about it. I have asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused to transfer me. Then told me I need to make a whole new email account just for them to send me another email and try again just because their system is down. This is the worst customer service I have ever received from any company I have ever had to deal with. Needless to say this brand will not be under my tree this year.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

For the past 4 days I have been going back and forth trying to get a defective toy covered under warranty. This toy costs 100.00. My son had it for one month when it just stopped working. All I have received is terrible, slow customer service. One rep tells me one thing and then another tells me the complete opposite. I've decided to leave the hassle and nightmare behind, chalk it up to a loss, explain to my son he will no longer have his favorite toy and never again buy from Spinmaster. This company has the slowest, worst customer service I have ever dealt with. My advice if it says Spinmaster DO NOT BUY IT.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I needed replacement pieces for a game and the customer service rep was impossible to understand and also unwilling to transfer me to someone who could help. So, I still do not have what I need and also do not have a resource for obtaining it.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Ordered a Vuly trampoline on their website, as it is the one I wanted and the only place to purchase it as per Vuly. Other stores carry Vuly, but not the unit I wanted. Have been waiting for more than a month for delivery. The tracking number provided does not track the package, and when getting in touch with the delivery company to track it, they respond saying that I don't have authority to track it since I don't have an account with them. Have contacted Spin Master several times to track it, and their typical response is that it will arrive next week. Same response every week. Customer service are not helpful. Still waiting for this mystical package to arrive before summer ends since it was ordered before summer began.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I ordered one of their Hatchimal products for my son. I was charged twice for the product and the item backordered before Christmas (completely understandable as this was a high demand period). The backorder was delayed over one month, so I asked to cancel the order. A couple weeks later, I called to cancel again as the first person I talked to did not cancel the order. The next person apologized as the item was just shipped. I asked for them to start the return process and send me a return label.

After receiving the product and waiting two weeks for the return label, I called again requesting another return label. The person I spoke to said that no return had been requested in their system. Surprised by another failure of their customer support team attempting to complete a task, I asked for the return to be filed this time and a return label sent. The return was initiated, but it took yet another call a few days later to get a return label.

Item shipped back and received by their department. Called, what is this, the 4th or 5th call now?, a week after they received package to ask about the double charge and the return refund. They said the double charge case was never filed and she would do it immediately. I was told to wait 3-5 business days for the double charge refund confirmation email and to wait up to 21 days for the original refund.

I called again exactly 14 business days after this conversation and was told the return refund was just now being processed, 23 days after return (they said 21 max). I asked about the double charge refund and they took over 20 min to find the double charge refund request. It was included in the initial refund case and after the person processed the refund, they closed the case so no one knew to look into the double charge refund. I finally talked to a supervisor who said that the double charge case should have gone to a completely different department and that the other person made a mistake. (I am not surprised at this point). Now I am supposed to wait another 3-5 business days for confirmation email. Wish me luck!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

After purchasing this toy at Walmart and buying the extended service plan on the toy, I was told I had to go through Spin Master for the manufacturer's warranty on it. I called Spin Master, they told me to draw big X on the toy, send them a picture, and a new toy would be on its way. So far, it has been three months and they say my toy is still in progress waiting to be mailed out. I have asked to speak to a supervisor and they will not let me. I have called numerous times to see what the status is and where my toy is. Every time I call they still do not have an answer for me. I would never recommend to anyone, and I don't, to buy a toy from Spin Master. They have rude customer service and all they care about is the money that they're making from these junkie toys. I have never in my life been so disrespected by customer service personnel. Save your money! Or buy somewhere else!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I bought a Hedgiez for my niece for Christmas. It will turn on and talk but that's it. Called Customer Service and they said I need a receipt to return it to them. I bought it at Christmas time so no I don't have a receipt or packaging. I will not but anything from them again. They don't stand behind their products... poorly made junk.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Your Customer Care is absolutely pathetic! I purchased a Spin Master Marshmallow Mickey Mouse Flip Open Sofa on March 13, 2016. I purchased it from Toys R Us in Daytona Beach, Florida, along with the protection plan. Well the sofa is falling apart. I contacted Square Trade, which is the Protection Plan company through Toys R Us. They said it was still under manufacturers warranty. I had to email Spin Master. So, I sent an email on December 29, 2016 stating my issue. I waited 3 days, no email back. I waited three more days, still no reply. I waited 'til the 12th of January and got even more upset because of the lack of professionalism, hint hint... no email back.

I decided to call Spin Master customer care and spoke with a VERY RUDE woman. She was very unprofessional. She told me that the company does not do warranties. The product IS NOT theirs. "We don't have it" she said. If you google the title Spin Master Mickey... the couch pops right up. So you need to get your company and facts in order. The female who I spoke to was absolutely unprofessional, said excuse me when I was talking and interrupting me. VERY RUDE!!! Here is a photo of YOUR product, that SHE said IS NOT YOURS. PATHETIC is an understatement describing your customer service. Would you look at that!!! By: Spin Master... sold by Toys R Us. Looks like your product to me.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Not only did I get to talk to a very nice customer service rep, but my expectations were blown out of the water. My son received a Star Wars Millenium Falcon drone for Christmas. It never worked properly, so we returned it for a different drone by Air Hogs. Unfortunately, the second drone was no better. It simply spun around on the floor and never lifted off.

Rather than return the drone to the store again, I called SpinMaster directly. My hope was that they would be able to provide some tips to get the product working properly. After trying a few things, it was determined that the drone was defective. They no longer had that drone in stock, so he allowed me to pick any of the available drones... any price... with no added expense to me. Within 10 days, I will be receiving a drone valued at $200 that contains a video camera. The defective one was only $45. Not only were they willing to replace the drone, but they gave me a huge upgrade. The process was easy and the representative was awesome. I will absolutely buy products from them in the future!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Well Spinmaster you took the fun out of opening Santa's gift on Christmas. I can get over a defective product, but your customer service or lack thereof is unacceptable. You hang up on people, do answer emails, and you don't take care of the customer period! Worse experience I ever had.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

My son was excited for the Zoomer Dino boomer... $100 + later we were excited for Christmas day. He opened it, batteries in all done correctly and nothing. We watched videos read instructions and reviews. Yet nothing worked . I first contacted the company explained they told me to cut the tail off and send a picture with manual... I was nervous and hesitant but I did as they said they told me I would hear from someone never did. Second attempt same story all over and yet no response. The company from reviews I read does not stand behind its products. I will report them to the BBB. As I'm sure others have. Sad they have no respect for the concern of a child.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I recently purchased a Hatchimal from Target.com and when I picked it up at the store, it was already making sounds in the box. This toy should not be activated until taking out of the box and my fear was it wouldn't make it 2 1/2 months until Christmas. I contacted Spin Master, they immediately responded on their Facebook page and were happy to send a replacement after I sent a video of it along with some information. Refreshing to have a company stand behind its product and want to do the right thing promptly.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

Bought a Sew Cool from ToysRUs for my kid's birthday. It was defective out of the box. They sent me a replacement (Zuppy) which was also broken out of the box. After they promised to send me two replacements they forgot about me for a month. (No replacement.) After contacting them they sent me the two Zoomers (both broken upon arrival). They have denied me any help even though I've offered to send them the toys. Garbage support garbage company.

Original review: April 11, 2016

I bought a Vuly Classic trampoline not even 2 years ago. The netting is ripped. I have been told I have to buy it from Australia. The shipping is almost about as much as the net. Vuly got bought out by Spinmaster. They didn't even know they sold it in Canada. They did nothing to assist me.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I bought this helicopter, and it does not fly correctly. I went on the website, and watched the video, and visited other websites and watched videos of how to fly them. No matter what I did it will not hover, and it flies backwards. I emailed them because you cannot call them, and they said it cannot fly in reverse. They told me to go to the website which I did and watched their video. I have been working with this for over 2 weeks now, and it is not any better. I told them it was defective, and wanted to return it, and they said I can't return it. That is not their policy. They kept talking about a tail rotor, and this does not have a working tail rotor. TrendTimes.com called me, and tried to tell me how to fly it, and it still does not work right. The controller might be defective, but I will never know. The only thing I do know is I am out $216.80.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

Very poor website function. Unable to verify purchase occurred once I pressed submit, was charged twice, no invoice. I called customer agent and he could not remedy the double charges because he didn't have access to billing. Their server was down for days to follow up. No emails or contact if shipped, on hold for over an hour before answered. Agent told me I called the wrong number (the number for help on their website). Was told to call the right number.

Original review: March 1, 2015

Santa purchased an Air Hogs Vectron Wave for my 10 year old son for Christmas. Was defective out of the box, contacted the morons at Spinmaster Customer Care, and was told to send in proof of purchase, a photograph of the now cut up toy, as this is what they tell you to do. So I did this, fast forward a month, still hadn't received anything from them, was told originally that it takes 10-15 days.

So I contacted them again and got the usual BS, "we're so sorry, we're adding a goodwill gesture gift for your troubles." Cool, I thought. Waited another couple of weeks, contacted them again only to be told that the warehouse was doing inventory, and they would be shipping anything out for at least another month. At this point I asked to speak with a manager. What waste of time.

Here is what he said in an email to me, "I appreciate your call today, even under trying circumstances. I agree with you completely that your experience has been terrible on every point you mentioned. It is not the level of service we expect from ourselves and not typical of our commitment to our customers. As we discussed, I will contact our warehouse to determine when we will have the challenges resolved and be able to ship they replacement toys we have promised and make sure they are shipped on an expedited timeline. My direct contact information is below. Do not hesitate to call with any additional questions or concerns you may have."

Funny thing is that, now he has not responded to my emails or telephone calls since I received this last email. I give up, they can keep their crappy overpriced toys, and I hope they choke on them... literally!! AVOID SPINMASTER TOYS AT ALL COSTS.

Spinmaster.com Company Information