Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.04/5

Sling TV Reviews

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

This company has the worst customer service. They do not care if your service is working well or not, they are completely incompetent in troubleshooting. I have had the same issue for MONTHS, the channels turn off completely - no sound or picture and either comes back on or I have to go back and re-select it while watching. Their troubleshooting department just tells you to uninstall and re-install and does absolutely nothing else. Then when you call again they say the same thing over and over. Their representatives actually HANG UP on you when you say you want a manager, and refuse to transfer you to a supervisor. STAY AWAY FROM THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY AND SAVE YOUR MONEY!! They are GARBAGE.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Despite any comments which will suggest I should have been watching what my stepfather was doing, I sent the following to Sling TV, and received a "... Sorry, we're a prepaid service. ..." response which is based on arbitrary language serving one side of the equation only. The service was utilized for about 20 minutes, and when I was made aware of that I gathered log in information and submitted a cancellation / refund request.

Sent: My stepfather used my information to set up Sling TV in an attempt to watch sports while he visited me ... he utilized the channel for maybe 20 minutes. I asked for this to be cancelled. However, you charged me anyway in the amount of $34.99 which in turn caused an overdraft fee of $30.00 on an account I purposely keep at $0.00 as it is primarily only for incoming deposits. That account is now negative $64.99 because my cancellation request was not honored. I want the $34.99 refunded as previously requested.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I bought a Sling subscription so I could watch a sporting event on ESPN3. I tried 2 computers (one Mac, one PC) and 4 browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE) and could not get the window to open and play. The "events" were ordered wrong and the "now playing" was not on the right event. Once I figured out how to find the event that was actually playing, even after adjusting my resolution to "low," I could not get more than a second of the game at a time. Every other channel seemed to work, including ESPN and ESPN2. When I complained and asked for my money back, I was informed that this is a "prepaid" service and I can't get my money back. Seems to me that if you buy something and it doesn't work, you should at least be able to get your money back. One star- at least it was an option, I guess.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

The only reason I signed up was to unlock Disneynow episodes and Sling doesn't participate in this. I called to get a refund the day after I signed up and they won't do it. What a joke for customer service, thanks for ripping me off sling!!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

When watching History channel or NASCAR Sling TV frequently cuts off the very end of what we are watching. Today watching NASCAR playoffs truck series Sling cut off the race right during the last 2 laps of a green white checker making it unknown who won! When NASCAR is over I am finding a different provider. When you they telling them about this problem they will always claim it is not their fault and will not make an effort to fix it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Navigating the menu is the most frustrating experience ever, the delay is horrible. Most importantly the DVR is inconsistent in every way. Doesn't record shows, and randomly won't let you ff or rewind! The guide shows Live PD tonight as A&E programming so now it won't record again and no way to get it to record. On top of it all, their website can't be trusted when you look to see what channels you'll receive when signing up. Multiple channels it said I would get but yet they aren't there. I paying 45 bucks a month for nothing but frustration!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Sling used to work fine for me. Then they changed the channel line up without any notification. The only reason I subscribed to the service is for Fox Sports so I can watch basketball. The dropped that channel but added NBA league pass. The problem is NBA league pass only shows games outside of subscribers immediate area. If they were going to change the line up it would be nice if they at least let people know. Customer service is impossible to get on the phone but even if you can get ahold of someone, they offer no help.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

A total waste of time. Crashes multiple times a day, DVR records when it feels like it. The interface is awkward and all they ever do is say they have no answer for my problems. You get what you pay for! I realize it’s a new product, but they need to look at their competition and figure out what they are doing better. We use a Amazon Firestick to watch and it freezes, crashes and the DVR will not record shows I set to record, which is really irritating. We watch Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and Sling on the same TV and Sling is the only one with this issue.

I have called several times and all I get are the same fixes, uninstall and reload, is your internet slow, etc. I was excited to try it and even more so when I returned all those bulky cable boxes to Spectum. Within a few days, I regretted the change. It’s been 3-4 months and I’m out! Going to Hulu+. If that's crab, YouTubeTV. Hey, Sling, if you’re listening, THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS! Perhaps you should stop blowing so much money on all that talent in your commercials and make sure your crappy product actually works. Oh yeah, then there’s the interface. It’s awful too!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Sling TV tries to compete with YouTube TV stating that with the Orange & Blue Package you can stream 4 separate devices. That is only partly true. What isn't explained clearly is the fact that you can only stream on one device with a channel that is in the Orange Package, and channels on the Blue Package can be streamed on 3 separate devices. Having said that, yes you can stream on 4 devices, but not all channels can be streamed on multiple devices at once. I purchased the Orange & Blue Package specifically to be able to stream on different tvs. After purchasing, I quickly realized that when my kids were trying to watch Disney Channel in one room, it was kicking me off of the college football game I was trying to watch in another room on ESPN.

Much to my delight after a 40 minute wait on hold, I finally get to speak to a Sling TV customer service representative who explained all of this to me. He then proceeded to tell me that although I was merely 2 hrs into my subscription, they could not cancel my order and provide me a refund, they only offer a credit for next months bill. I however will not have their service next month. I am immediately switching my service to YouTube TV. Further more the DVR offered does not allow you to pause and rewind live TV as stated. You can only record shows to be viewed later. Not to mention that at least once every 30 minutes the screen glitches and completely blacks out for about 15 seconds before starting live again. So whatever happens in your show during the blackout, you just miss. And this happens with internet speeds at 300 Mbps.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Ordered - within 15 minutes called back to cancel due to the constant freezes (played at most 30 seconds, froze for 5-10 seconds and sometimes until rebooted, and repeat). Could not get a hold of anybody for several days. When I did, I was told "it is a prepaid service, so you can cancel at the end of the cycle, but nothing could be done as that is not a reason to issue a refund"... You cannot provide the service you advertise, and that is not a reason? Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Pluto TV... literally every other service I use/have used work fine (minor latency due to my location, but otherwise streaming is fine). Contacted via Facebook to see if I could get it resolved. After going back and forth troubleshooting and doing the normal run around, I asked to speak to supervisor - their response was to block me on Facebook.

Called - spent 30 minutes on the phone with a supervisor only to be told the they have a very strict refund policy that could get them fired if they issued a refund outside of their "guidelines", and that there was nobody higher to discuss the matter with. However, I have yet to receive an answer as to why such a strict refund policy if they stand behind their service. Rhetorical question as I am pretty sure they make their money on first time subscribers as I cannot imagine that people would continue a service with this type of treatment and service.

Found the CEOs email information, but at this point just decided to give up. Currently using Hulu, Prime, and Pluto TV with 0 issue, and looking to add YouTube TV (all of which are still cheaper than a cable bill). Buyer beware: There is no refund if for whatever reason you run into problems. I have approximately 20-30 Mbps download. They even stated they knew there was a problem at the time I signed up (which I only found after noticing a problem and trying to research what was wrong).

Sling TV Company Information