Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Sling TV is a streaming subscription service with prices that start at $30 a month. It has more than 50 live channels, 50,000 on-demand movies and shows and free cloud DVR. The service comes with a free seven-day trial, and subscribers can watch on up to three screens simultaneously.

Sling TV Reviews

Original review: March 29, 2020

I tried all week to experience Fox programs. They froze and unable to Capture at beginning middle and end. Multiple times a day. This makes me think twice and tell others AVOID SLING!!! Sling blocks your viewing the program. You miss out on 1/3 of program.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I signed up with Sling TV, thought it was the free trial but they said it wasn't, so I was charged anyway and they said they don't have the capability to refund the money. Also, why do you have to buy an antenna to get local channels when Fubo and YouTube TV and other apps you don't need to. I cancelled my subscription.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I subscribed to Sling in Nov 2019 so my dad could watch truck racing. Sling doesn’t number their channels, so you have to scroll through endless channels before you find what you’re looking for. My dad hated it, so I cancelled it a couple of days after signing up. Sling sent me an email on 11/16/19 confirming that my account was CANCELLED, but since I paid 2 months up-front, I could watch until 1/15/20. Fast forward to March 18, 20. I see 3 charges from Sling on my bank statement. $32.99 on 1/16/20, $38.99 on 2/18/20 & $38.99 on 3/16/20.

I called customer service and requested a refund. I explained that they made 3 unauthorized charges totaling $108.99 AFTER my service was cancelled. The rep informed me that it’s against their policy to issue refunds. I politely informed her that I have an email from Sling dated 11/16/19 confirming my cancellation. She transferred me to a supervisor who spoke English MUCH better than she did. He cancelled my service and advised me to forward my email to: verification@sling.com. I received an automated response, but have not heard anything else from them. If I don’t receive a full refund in the next few days, I plan on filing complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I'm gonna keep it real. We came to Sling TV to cord cut, much like everyone else. We took the week-long tour and decided on the Orange Package with some added perks to cover what we like to watch. $35 a month versus $100+ for a plethora of channels we didn't watch. We thought we hit the motherload, we'd been delivered and were ready to sing their praises.

Ya, when it's working. We've run wifi in our home, and historically, we've had issues with different carriers. We've fought our way through the customer service game of multiple phone and service calls, to only be charged for continuing issues. You know that adage "you get what you pay for?" This would be that case. The channel options are just right, but the constant dropping out and having to restart the app (which we operate from a brand new Amazon Firestick), and wifi relays now each floor of our home, it's cumbersome. It seems as if Sling TV and whomever your internet/wifi provider, will exchange placing blame on one another, so beware. We operate Netflix and Hulu on the same platform, and have very few issues with wifi in our household of two, so the issue lies with Sling TV. I don't mean to deter you, just giving you adequate warning of a product that may or may not produce results as expected. Hope this helps.

Original review: March 17, 2020

This company offers a FREE trial of one week, that is good, but, then they offer a discount of $10 for the first month, that is good too, the problem is that after the FREE trial, if you like it, then, you will pay full price and you will not get the first month with the discount as offered all the internet, the word FREE means that "FREE", they should disclose that if you get the FREE trial, you will NOT get the first month discount as advertised, I don't mind to pay for anything but, if it is advertised, they should honor what they post and offer all over.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

Original review: March 11, 2020

We are made powerless. I was billed for the next month on the 9th, I canceled on the 10th and called them on the 11th to get a refund. They refused to reimburse my money. “ I’m sorry sir. Its a company policy.” I’m so tired of these company’s just helping themselves to my money. Its what’s wrong with this country.

Original review: March 8, 2020

On February 29, 2020 I called Sling TV to see if they provided Fox Sports Midwest in my area. I was told yes. I verified my zip code and said make sure it is Midwest and not Southwest. Yes, I was told, provided you purchase the Air TV Mini. I agreed and was sent the equipment. However, they do not provide this servicer in my area. When I called I was told they haven't provided it since September 2019. I asked to speak to a supervisor to send back the equipment but was told their policy is they never provide refunds. I asked them to listen to the taped conversation and was told that wasn't for my protection it was for training purposes. No refunds is their policy and they would not allow me to speak to someone up the line or discuss it any further.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Hello. I had Sling and I stopped it. I got it again. They told me I can keep the same plan I had. I paid 2 months and they said, "You can get a Fire Stick. It is free.." I had to pay the shipping then all the things I use to watch they dont have. I ask for my money back. They said I cant get it back and I can purchase another plan for extra money. I ask to talk to someone over the supervisor. She said I can't. She is the only one I can talk to. She said I have 54 channels. I can find something to watch where Sling Blue and Orange show the same thing...It's sad because people dont have money to waste like that. Who else can I talk to about this???

Original review: March 5, 2020

They added a product on my bill that I didn't order and they won't refund me for it. They say it is against policy. That doesn't makes sense. This was only 2 days after I ordered the initial basic service.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Cannot get the bugs out of the system. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the channel multiple times, contacted support, you name it - shows shut off randomly and constantly. G-d help you if you're watching the on-demand channel and you're 50 minutes into a 60 minute show, because then you'll have to watch the entire thing over in order to get back to minute 50 again to find out the ending. But wait! There's more!

Chances are it will shut off again AND AGAIN - in the exact same spot. So you'll never be able to watch the end of the show. I've had to completely abandon shows I love... or hope for a decent recap in subsequent episodes to cover the fact I have no clue of finding out what went on for a portion of the previous one. There's cheap, and then there's cheap that doesn't work so it's not worth it. Sadly this is the latter.

Sling TV Company Information