1.44/5
Based on 97 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

97 Sling TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have Apple TV 4K with Sling TV app. I have 1GByte download speeds. Only two streaming devices connected. ANY kind of movement pixelates around the moving parts. Lips moving when announcers are talking are pixelated. Football players running are badly pixelated. Sling is a major sports provider, but pixelation is too continuous to ignore. I don’t think Sling TV is ready for primetime. Either their delivery equipment is not robust enough or the apps they write for Apple TV 4K are not adequate. I’ve canceled the service already over this issue. Sling just gives lip service to this problem. No apparent effort is being put in to solve the problem. I did come back to try again, but I’m again very close to canceling. Watching blurry tv is aggravating. THIS SHOULD BE THEIR TOP PRIORITY TO FIX. This isn’t the only complaint site reporting bad pixelation. Check out Reddit.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Buffering, 2/3 black screen, complete screen pixelation - I called Sling TV approx. 30 days ago and was told by the rep they would look into the issue and made it sound like they would follow up with me. I did not ask for any kind of credit at that time as wanted to give them the opportunity to make it right, but issues had been going on for approx. 2 months prior to my call. NO FOLLOW UP. So today, I made two calls today and escalated to a supervisor in each call. In first call talked to Chuck who was very condescending and focused only on what they don't do and how other industries don't make outbound calls to a customer (so I asked what the rep meant when said they would follow up on the issue) and said he could NOT provide any credit or added value for the extremely poor customer experience I had been dealing with for months... from resetting TV, Router, Uninstalling Sling TV and reinstalling, etc.

I then escalated to Samantha, after another 15 minutes (total time on phone 25 minutes) and was offered $5 for my troubles. I explained after all I had been through and not even getting close to the product I am paying, that a $5 credit was an insult and they are focused on policies and not good business practices and in today's market a company needs to be dynamic in these situations and got nothing. I have been a very loyal customer and huge word of mouth advertiser for Sling TV. I AM DONE. Thank you Chuck and Samantha for making my decision to find another service easy. You should be ashamed of how you take care of your good customers. If I could give zero stars I would.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 10, 2018

I was looking into alternatives to cable TV. Came across Sling and decided to try the 7 day trial. I used it for 2 days and cancelled it as I was not liking the service, also the channels I was looking for required upgrade and to add additional features. Almost after 8 months I receive an email stating my service was re-instated and of course I call them right away to cancel which they did. What they did not inform me was that I had been charged. I happened to review my credit card statement couple of days later and called them for refund.

I got the ** answer that I had to call within 5 of the charge to receive credit. Told them I wanted to speak to Manager as that is utter **. Of course never spoke to Manager but was told they are going to push through a credit manually. I asked for confirmation which I was not provided and was told I will receive an email. I sure did receive the email but that just confirming I was not receiving the credit. I have disputed the charges with my credit card company. Wanted to leave a review for them as well as that is just not good customer service and fraud.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Sling has a problem with the volume on their commercials. I will have my TV turned up to a normal volume but, when the commercials come on, it is extremely loud. I have now called twice about this. They tell me their engineering department is working on it and would contact me. I have heard absolutely nothing. They are placating me by telling me they are working on it, so I won't keep calling. Not a good way to do business or keep customers!!!

Original review: July 7, 2018

The whole reason I went with SLING TV over cable, is because I was tired of the cable – tactics. Now I see that SLING TV is no different than cable in many ways. They got me to purchase an over the air antenna along with a cable called AirTV for the purpose of getting free HD channels from the air which would merge with my existing Sling TV account. To me this was awesome! Although I still have not set up the AirTV with the SLING TV and the over the air antenna, I was missing one particular channel which was MSNBC and wanted to have it added to my account. I was told that I had to upgrade from Orange to Blue service where I would be spending $10 more per month. The original agreement I went into when I bought the AirTV was that I pre-paid for my subscription three months ahead of time, so I am not expecting to have to pay them anytime before the three months because they are already pre-paid!

But in the course of upgrading, I was told that only by the representative but also by her supervisor that I had to pay $19 just to change the subscription from Orange to Blue. When I made the agreement of paying three months ahead of time and the purchase of the air TV box, I was never told that if I switch from Orange to Blue service that I would be charged. Since I’m pre-paid for three months I don’t even see why they are trying to charge me anything doing this agreement of pre-paying for three months! This, is where SLING TV is no different than Cable. Trust me, I have thought long and hard before making the comparison, but it’s true.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

Original review: July 6, 2018

I signed up for a free 7 day trial. I canceled on-line on the app I signed up on days before the trial ended. It said the account was cancelled. The next week I was charged $24.99. I called customer service and they refused to refund me, even though they can see I have not been on the account. I was considering signing up for Sling TV after my contract with AT&T ends in a few months. Not now. Too bad they are more worried about a one month's charge than a potential, year-long or more new subscriber.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I’ve had a Sling TV membership for about two weeks; prior to that I had used two of the free 7 day trials to get an idea whether it would really be worth it or not. For those of you giving the company negative reviews because they refused to refund your money after the deadline of the 7 day free trial passed; it clearly states right after you sign up an exact time that you will be charged for a month if you are not to cancel your subscription. It’s the first thing you see when you sign in under ‘My Account’ and it’s the only text that’s written in green to make it even more apparent.

Each time I signed up for a free trial I immediately added an event in my calendar to cancel the subscription before the specific time it stated it will automatically renew, not at the end of the day. A lot of companies do this when you sign up for a free trial so if you are to do so in the future, be sure to make a note to cancel the subscription at the exact time that it states, not a minute after.

Anyways, that’s besides the point. As far as my experience utilizing Sling, I would give it five stars. Great amount of channels for $25, the video streaming has been crystal clear, very minimal buffering, ability to record 50 hours of TV, and an extremely easy interface to use on both my Xbox One and Roku, the two primary devices I watch on. I haven’t ran into any blackouts or trouble with streaming, however I have had trouble watching movies I had recorded on Showtime. I wasn’t aware this was a common problem until I went to their website and there was a Trending Question about the issue and how they had hoped to resolve it by July of 2018; it obviously hasn’t been fixed yet. This brings me to my first experience with customer service, which I would give a rating of 2.

When I called about the inability to watch recorded Showtime movies, the gal that was helping me began acting as if this wasn’t a problem that they were aware of. When I told her that it’s a Trending Question on their website and that it must be a problem that is common and known of, she quickly changed her approach and began to tell me that she would have people look into it. I asked if there was an ETA on when it would be resolved or if there was a ticket number of some sort that I could keep track of and was told that they would call me back when it was fixed. It’s been about four days now and I haven’t heard anything from them and I still cannot watch the recorded movies.

My next poor interaction with Sling just happened as I was charged $80 midway into my monthly membership. I called and informed the help center of this. When I provided her with all of my information she told me that she could not find the charge on my account and that she would pass it along similarly to the last gal I had talked to. She then told me that they would be looking into it to resolve the transaction and to give them 1-3 business days to do so. This was when I started to press her and let her know that I would be filing a fraudulent charge with my bank as their business appears on the transaction in my records.

At this point, she seemed to want to take complete control of the conversation by talking over me and cutting me off before I could finish my sentences telling me to give them 1-3 days before doing so and that they will have it resolved. I tried to get in a few more words but she cut me off again and told me to stay on the line to take a quiz regarding my experience with the call; I submitted that my question was not resolved.

Overall, Sling has been a great experience as far as a TV Streaming Provider goes, but when it comes to any issues that the Help Center will have to assist with they are cutthroat and provide very little help but a lot of excuses. This is why I mentioned that anyone who signs up for the free 7 day trial should immediately set an alarm an hour before the specific time of automatic renewal so you can cancel in time. Once your subscription is automatically renewed, they have no reason to give you your money back as they aren’t duping you out of any money if you fail to follow the guidelines that they clearly outline.

Overall, I plan on continuing my subscription with Sling TV so far as there is some sort of resolution to the unauthorized charge; whether it be them providing me credit for the upcoming months or me having to file a fraudulent charge with my bank. The reason for not jumping ship just yet is because of the convenience of watching Sling from multiple devices, the user friendly interface, a great channel lineup, the ability to record and favorite shows and channels, and the image quality have been a great experience so far. However, after my experiences with the Help Center, there’s no telling that this will be my same opinion a week from now.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Wish I had read the reviews on Yelp before subscribing to Sling's free Roku offer with 2 months prepay. I bought it believing I was going to see the World Cup, Wimbledon and then possibly keep the subscription. When I discovered within a few hours that I could only get a few World Cup matches (and of course not the most important ones) I tried to cancel but they would not budge.

I could not have imagined that a 'major' player in the US market with a lot of competition could have such a poor and inflexible customer service policy. If a customer can't get what they want from your service and made a mistake and told you in a timely manner then it is a no-brainer to refund. BTW: I'll be sure to read other user reviews before I purchase something again because they show an accurate review of Sling. Other review sites appear to be advertising for the companies themselves! Perhaps this why Sling gets a 4 stars review on one site when it is in effect 0 stars.

Original review: July 1, 2018

When I canceled the Sling subscription last September of 2017 I was not ask if I wanted my billing information retained or deleted. The app button stayed on the Roku, upon opening the app it automatically renews the subscription for $19.99 a month without the customer being aware the account was reactivated and charges would resume. It seems to me when a consumer cancels a subscription their credit information should automatically be deleted or at the very least, they should be ask if the consumer want Sling to retain the information. VERY BAD BUSINESS POLICY AND FOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS. BE AWARE!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I signed up for Sling about 10 days ago, they immediately took almost $60 from my account and when I questioned them they said they would make an adjustment on my next billing. I called today to cancel this service and asked for a refund today, they took the money fast enough but they sure don't want to give it back. They tried all kinds of excuses til finally I told them I expected a refund promptly and said Good Day, this was all after a 20 minute wait to get to talk to a live person, one that I could barely understand. Needless to say I am not a happy camper with this business and would advise everyone to steer clear of them.

Original review: June 25, 2018

This company is consistently defrauding their 'customers' and I for one will not feel badly for them when someone files a class action suit against them. I too signed up for a trial, cancelled on day 6 and was told all was well. I really should have disputed the charge with my credit card and am sorry I didn't think of it. When I saw the charge suddenly appear I called right away and was told I had "no proof" that I cancelled and even though I obviously had Not used the service, they refused to credit me. A totally Nasty company to deal with.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I signed up for the free trial before I get a service. I realized it did not have the channels I mostly watch. I cancelled 2 days before the trial period. I saw on my credit card bill that I have been charged for the service which I cancelled. I called customer service and was told that the system shows that the active has not been active since that date but it was not cancelled. They are therefore not refunding the money although the account was not used. That is Sling's way of duping people. Don't even try the service if you don't want to be duped.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I am moving in a week and called Sling TV to try their services and told them I would not be at the address to receive the package they are shipping. Sling TV shipped it 4 days early and told me they could not contact USPS to change the delivery date or to even put a hold on it. They said I would have to do that. Well I think that part of good customer service they should have done something and not put the responsibility of correcting their mistake on me.

I told them that I wanted to cancel my order and to refund my money. Well to no avail, they said that according to their terms and conditions they would not be refunding my money. Sling TV is not concerned about the customer. They are only concerned about the money and will go to any length to get it. I would never recommend this company to anyone. If they are not interested in showing concern to their customers they don't need to be in business. It's the customer that keeps the business in business. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND SLING TV TO ANYONE.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I accidentally reactivated an old account and cancelled it in less than 5 minutes. I was told by the system that if I cancel it the same day I will lose all my services immediately, I went ahead and cancelled it because I already have another active account. I got charged for the the whole month and when I called customer service they refuse to refund my money back. This is rude and day light robbing. Cancelling all my services with Sling and never going back again. Utterly dissatisfied!!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I tried the service for one month and canceled it cause it did not work for me. I received a cancellation email on March 14th. The rep stated I logged back in on the 15th so they charged me 4 months of service. 120$ out of my bank account for nothing and they refuse to refund it back. I will be contacting the fraud unit at my bank. This should not be happening to anyone!!!

Original review: June 19, 2018

They have many technical problems and the second day I called the customer service, they said, “We could not fix the problem.” I wait 40 minutes on the line to speak with the supervisor and he said, “We have a problem with the programmers.” I told him, “Ok refund my money.” He said, “I cannot. I will give you another package” that I don't want. Finally, I called my bank to dispute the $60 charge. So avoid Sling. Worst service and customer service.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I subscribed with Sling so I could watch the 2018 World Cup. On their website they said I could watch it Live on FS1 and Fox. On their site they had a countdown until the 1st match started. I waited until the countdown ran to zero and logged on to watch the start of the first match live, but the game was not available to watch. I missed the entire match. I contacted customer support to get a refund immediately after several attempts to watch the game. Customer support said that they could not give me a refund because my local area does not support live Fox, and I was referred to the tiny black lettering under the "Fox" logo that said "Select Markets". This was not clickable at all, and the information was not easily available to customers on their site.

In fact I could not find the information at all. I had to ask the customer representative to link me this information that shows that my area does not support local ''Live" Fox. As I clicked on this link it gave me an option to put down my zip code to see what channels are available in my area. My area shows that "Fox on Demand" is available, but this was yet again misleading as it is NOT LIVE Fox, which I asked the customer support representative to clarify. Despite all of this and for my unsatisfied misleading experience/service with Sling. They will not give me a refund, and I feel scammed by a misleading company with misleading advertisements.

Original review: June 13, 2018

They say you get a 7 day trial, but when you see the charge on your account, even though you canceled on the day they told you to, they say you were 2 hours late. Horrible customer service. Only tried this service out for an NBA Finals game and the service was so choppy I missed the first half. Would not recommend to anyone. Go get your standard cable from Cox, completely worth it.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Unauthorized charges on my credit card!!!... Do not give this company your credit or debit card info! Sling reactivated my account 2 months after I canceled and charged me for 2 months. I didn't reactivate my account or watch a single show in this 2 month period. When I caught this, I thought it was a simple error on their part and called. They refused to refund me for both months, instead they refunded me for only 1 month and their reasoning was that their policy didn't allow for more than 1 month refund... even if it was their error! What would you call a company that makes unauthorized charges on your credit card and then refuses to undo after the matter is brought to their attention? I've turn the matter over to my State Attorney General in case they are doing this to other folks.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Service sucks, a lot of streaming problems, if you call them all they say is "I'm sorry" but don't fix anything, my Sling does not work but keep charging me. I had DirecTV for 15 years and I regret so much changing to Sling... do not use this company!!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was a Sling customer for 4 years. I've referred several friends to Sling in the past, where neither of us received the $15 credit each, which they advertise on their website. I referred another friend to Sling yesterday and attempted to use their website to sign her up. We were each to receive a $15.00 credit. I did it myself to make sure. The website would not accept her credit card, so I called Sling. They signed her up and accepted the same credit card with no problem. Then, they refused to honor the $15 credits.

It's not really about the $15.00. It's the attitude of the employees and the principle. I was on the phone with them for 1.5 hours, and then for another hour this morning. The only thing they would do is cancel her account and walk her through signing up again - which we had done last night, and which didn't work. So, I told the person this morning that I was going to cancel my account and switch to DirecTV Now, but that I would like to speak to a supervisor first. The Sling representative refused to connect me to a supervisor until she had canceled my account. So, I canceled my account.

Of course, the supervisor refused to do anything, When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she said that the supervisor was in a meeting, wouldn't give me the supervisor's name so that I could call back, and refused to have the supervisor call me. Now, that my Sling account has been canceled, I will help my friend cancel her account and both of us which switch to DirecTV Now. So, to summarize: Sling was willing to spend 2.5 hours on the phone, and willing to let me cancel my account ($38.00 per month) and my friend cancel her account ($32.00 per month) over a $30 credit to which we were entitled.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Quick and easy to add service. You’ll have to jump through hoops to cancel. If I could give a negative rating I would GLADLY do so! The value of their member means nothing. Sling took my money and refuses to refund me even after I canceled my service before the end of the 7th day free trial. My advice is to RUUUN!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I recently canceled my subscription due to numerous technical problems with program streaming. Two days later Sling withdrew a monthly payment from my account for the next month. Although I've tried to get them to reverse the payment, their customer service folks indicate they can't change the rules (?) and refund the month's payment. They did ask if I wanted to be transferred to a manager and then hung up on me. My assessment of their service is that it is substandard technically and they have a long way to go in customer service. Thank goodness there is lots of competition out there.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I've been using this company for a year and a half and paying $40 p/m for the service. They then decided to take ABC from the package and charge an extra $5 p/m for it. This is a free public channel, that is a rip off and greedy from this company.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We had Sling Orange with SEC to watch Auburn football. The service stuttered and froze repeatedly even after rebooting. It was such a nightmare experience that my husband switched to listening to the game on the radio. How sad is it that radio is better than the streaming experience? BTW, our son had the same experience with his account.

We cancelled our subscription after the allotted time but, unfortunately, my husband picked up the Roku remote that had a Sling button. He inadvertently hit the button and we had a Sling subscription again! I thought that we would give it another try. It was still sub par! It froze and stuttered. I attempted to cancel it. It required 30 days, an e-mail address and a password! Not what was required to charge my credit card.

I was told that my account could not be credited because it was “prepaid” and that it was a problem with my internet provider. We have great broadband service. My Google WiFi via Spectrum runs at 111 megabytes most of the time. Even prioritizing the device did NOT improve the streaming experience. They could not refund my charges; even though it had only been a couple of days and they offer 7 day free trials. DO NOT use Sling. They are one of the worst streaming services available and they will not attempt to accommodate you if contact customer service. The customer service representatives are nice but unempowered. It is a pointless waste of your time to attempt to have any interaction with them. Do NOT waste your money with this service!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Sling TV does NOT tell you when you sign up for it that you need Chrome to run it. I signed up on 2/18 then discovered I couldn't use it because I can't run Chrome. I immediately tried to cancel the service, to no avail. Their website does not give a contact phone #, and until 5/26/18, emails to them went unanswered. Their response to my 5/26 email promised someone would be in touch in 24 hours. FOUR DAYS LATER, they'd still not contacted me!! Finally found their phone number (on an unrelated website) and phoned them. At my request, they have now canceled my service, but they refused to refund the 3 mos they'd already charged and which I was unable to use. I am COMPLETELY, THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED at the incomplete and inaccurate information they provide to "customers." I hope nobody else falls victim to what I perceive as FRAUD!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have had Sling for a year and a half now. It's o.k. It cuts out on us while we are watching shows. And some of the channels just don't work. Also, one of my biggest complaints is that you can't pay your bill early if you want to. I know they are automatic pay, but sometimes I want to get all my bills paid early so I know what I have to work with the rest of the month. I tried to pay my bill early, and they can't do it. They said that it would just have to wait. I think that is just ridiculous. Most companies would jump at the chance to take your money if you want to pay early. Especially when the channels don't work properly on the regular. I'm going back with Dish next month. At least those channels work better. I just have never heard of a company not taking your payment. Anyway, that's it.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I've had Sling TV for a few months now and finally today cancelled my subscription. Last month on every channel I switched to the picture would be there then picture was gone did this all day. Called Sling TV about the picture going in and out. A customer service said, "Oh there is clutch with some program writing and it should be fix soon," and said she was transferring me to take a survey (she did not ask, she told me) and before I could tell her NO, I was transfered. May 19, 2018 could not the Royal Wedding because BBC and E for Entertainment wouldn't load, a box popped up and said, "Technical issues. Cannot load channel."

May 20 same thing. Sling TV didn't offer anything, like credit my account for the 2 days I couldn't watch what I wanted, BUT they want your money and once your in, they don't care about you or your issues. Now about those commercial, you're watching a commercial and a different commercial comes on, then it switches to original commercial, very very annoying. Thank you. UNHAPPY.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Sling TV is an awesome TV streaming service. You control your own channels, your own subscription, many different packages to choose from, all very very reasonable. Sling TV is the best thing I’ve done since I cut the cord on cable.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I used the trial period in which I had 7 days -free trial, I canceled in the end period date. BUT Sling setup the cancellation date with a specific time deadline (that I didn't know about it in my case 11:26 am). Therefore Sling charged to my credit card $159.53. Then, when I called customer service they explained cannot do anything to provide a credit to my credit card, because Sling is a prepaid service and I didn't comply with the deadline to cancel (means day and hour). I told them (agent and supervisor Employee #**) that it's an advertising FRAUD and the day has 24 hrs... but they stayed the same position. I placed a dispute in my Credit Card that is in process. Bottom line, Keep away from Sling, and fraudulent publicity.

Sling TV expert review by Jonathan Trout

Sling TV is an internet TV streaming service owned by Dish Network. It offers three packages: Blue, Orange and a combo Blue/Orange package. Each package includes some of the most watched TV channels as well as lesser known channels, including all major sports channels. Each package includes DVR features so you can watch shows at a later date.

• Orange package: The Orange package gives you 30 channels including ESPN networks, Disney, AMC, CNN, HGTV and more popular cable channels. You can add individual channels on top of the standard 30 channels. You can only stream on one device at a time with the Orange package. It costs $20 per month and includes a seven-day free trial.

• Blue package: The Blue package offers over 40 channels, including many of the ones from the Orange package plus major channels like FOX, NBC, NFL Network, FX and even regional sports. You can also add channels on top of the standard 40 channels. You can stream on two devices at once with this package. It costs $25 per month and includes a seven-day free trial.

• Combine packages: Combine the Orange and Blue packages for $40 per month. You’ll also get the Broadcast Extra package added on for free (geographic restriction apply here). Broadcast Extra includes ABC, Univision, UniMas and more.

• Deals: Sling TV will give you a free Roku Express when you sign up for two months of service. You can also get a $50 AirTV player (regularly $129.00) if you sign up for two months of service.

• Supported devices: Sling TV works on Apple TV, Apple phones and tablets, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Xbox One, AirTV Player, Android TV, Windows and LG products.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Orange plan, two devices with the Blue plan and up to four devices with the combo plan.

• Best for: cord cutters who don’t want to miss out on live sports and popular TV shows.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout