1.67/5
Based on 63 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 26, 2018

63 Sling TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 26, 2018

I tried Sling TV and found it did not work for me as the limited news outlets that are not compatible with my taste, so I called and cancelled my subscription after 3 months of use in favor of cable. Then out of the blue approximately 15 April 2018, I received a notice saying if I did not want to be billed I need to cancel an already cancelled account, so I did yet again and changed the credit card information, however they billed me and changed my card information back and then cancelled my account after they billed me for no service! Beware of Sling TV, this is not a reputable company whatsoever!

Original review: April 25, 2018

After contacting them about being charged for a seRvice I never used and giving them my cancellation transaction number I was told I’d be reimbursed. Then they said I never canceled - even though I have a “Case Closed” number from four months ago. I canceled because it didn’t work and I was never even able to sign in. It’s a predatory practice.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I have that I signed up for my "free" trial on the 24th so I went to cancel. Was told by chat that I signed up on 23rd so I was already charged. No refund to be given. When I called the agent said I was signed up on the 21st and it simply is not "possible" for them to give me a refund. No straight answers, no refund. No way I would ever refer them!!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Terrible customer service and subpar selection of channels compared to their competitors (I only kept them because I have a 3 year old and they have the kids channels I need so I didn’t change earlier). After 2 years of service, they wouldn’t refund the month I cancelled, being 2 days past their billing cycle. I’m paying for 28 days that it’s already cancelled. What a ripoff. I’m disgusted with this company. Use your judgment but I’d never go back to this badly run company.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Worst customer service in the industry. When their service doesn't stream they are unable to handle call and/or chat volume and completely remove the "contact us" content from their website. They then send generic emails telling you to sign out of the service and try again. Everyone should contact Roger Lynch the COO direct.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

Original review: April 4, 2018

I just wanted to watch a basketball game I have been waiting for all year. When the game came on, Sling didn't work. All other channels worked fine, but the channel I wanted to watch. I called customer support, and they hung up on me twice. Straight Garbage.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I didn't like the service because it was the same thing on everyday. So I called to cancel because the manage your account cancel feature I didn't have. I called March 7, 2018. They said it would be cancelled on the 28th but it wasn't. I got billed again on March 30, 2018 so I called when I saw the charge April 3, 2018. They said they see in the system that I called and that my cancellation wasn't completed by the last person I talked to. Long story short I will not be getting a refund of my money back even though it's their fault it wasn't cancelled.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I signed up for Sling TV in June 2017 for 7-day free trial. I cancelled my account in July 2017. In March 2018 the account was reactivated (not by me) and I was charged. I'm guessing there is a track record of this. I caught the activity on my credit card. I immediately called and disputed. They did not void the transaction and were not polite about it. Let this be a warning to shady business practices by Sling TV.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I signed up for Sling TV. As I was testing them and several other streaming options they offer a seven day trial period. I cancelled my account prior to the end of trial period. All of a sudden today the account was reactivated and I was charged. Seems they have a track record for this. I have records of the cancellation and didn’t catch during my work hours that they sent a personal email stating my account was reactivated this day. I caught the activity on my credit card. I immediately called and disputed. They did void the transaction because it was the same day but acted as if they were doing me a favor. This likely is part of their business model. I would not trust them with any billing information as it is clear they have a pattern.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I had an extra charge on my account with a separate email address attached to it. I spoke with Nikki in customer service. She listened to me and resolved my issue quickly, along with a refund of the charge.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Not sure if their software is buggy or if the company has bad consumer tactics, but you need to keep an eye on the service and billing. I have had a two occurrences now where I am billed for something I did not authorize, even after I put a password on my device for any purchase. The straw that broke the camel's back is when I have had my service cancelled for over a month now and all of a sudden it is reactivated and they charged my account for a month. I would stay away from the service as it is not that great nor worth the money.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Sling TV is not made for rural areas and is a waste of time and customer service is lacking. When you are charged for a product that doesn't work and then they won't refund your money, that is just poor customer service. They need to provide a plug and play system for all areas. Also, they need flexibility in their policy to help the consumer.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I heard about Sling through my brother who said it was a cheaper option over cable. We subscribed to the biggest, most expensive package, and we soon realized that the channel options were scant. I could never find anything worth watching, and always found myself opting for Hulu or Netflix instead. So with no bitterness and with total respect, I called to cancel my subscription over the phone. It seemed easy enough. That was until the next month I see a Sling charge on my bank statement. I call to cancel again, and state that I should be given a refund considering I hadn't used their services. The device that they claimed we used the services on wasn't even a device we own nor one that I had heard of. Amazon Nvidia Shield? Still no clue what that is! We're an Xbox and Apple TV family.

Finally, I was issued a refund. Guess what happened the following month? We were charged again! Couldn't they have taken precautions so this wouldn't happen again? Like removing our payment information from our account, or deleting the account altogether. This time when I call, after 30 minutes of my time lost, they are absolutely refusing to give me a refund. And by the tone of the person's voice, they made me out to be a liar and a cheat. This has been the most inconvenient experience, and I would not recommend this company! I didn't even want to give one star. This is a 0-star company.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I signed up for Sling because I had the option to cancel within 30 days If I didn’t like it. Well I prepaid for 3 months and the service was terrible so I cancelled literally 2 days later and they refused to issue me a refund. I talked to a supervisor and he told me he’s not giving me my money back. I asked about the money back guarantee and the person told me the ad was a “lie”. I have never dealt with a business like this. They are unprofessional, Liars, and con artist.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I lost all my local channels. After 2 weeks I called customer service. First call, she hung up on me. Second call he explained they ping off of local towers, and might lose the connection. So, now I do not have "live TV". When I questioned him, he hung up on me as well. I cancelled my Sling tonight.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Sling TV customer service representative does not follow their Sling TV. I canceled their services. They have no recollection so they keep charging. They charge you even after they've canceled your services. This is a disaster waiting to happen. Do not buy SLING Internet TV.

Original review: March 13, 2018

After my credit card info on file was stolen, Sling just cancelled my service. No way to reactivate account, have sign up as a new customer. I was an original customer from when they were a startup. Of course I can no longer get the content I used to. Supervisor did nothing. I recommend taking your business to the competition, the quality, value, and customer service will be better. Appears they are trying to convert existing customers to "new" customers for the shareholders.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Similar to others. Signed up for seven day free trial but got hooked into paying two months in advance for Roku Express. After 2 days saw it was not for me. Nobody to talk to except chat. Told that I can cancel but no money back. That the seven day free trial comes after the two months. That is crazy. What kind of a trial is after the two months? Can I speak with supervisor or manager? Yes. She wrote the same thing. I don't want it and not watching it. They do not care. Can I return the Roku express? NO. Can I get someone to talk to on the phone? NO. So I am stuck and contact credit card company to complain. They have ninety to answer the credit card company or something like that. I am still waiting to see what happens? My advice is stay away from a company that refuses to give free trial first after getting money in advance and they say they do not give refunds. NO refunds for any reason. NO.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I opted to do a 2-Week free trial with Sling TV. On the 14th day I canceled but they already charged me for month of service that day. They were only willing to give me partial credit even though it was the same day. I am a single mother with cancer trying to survive. The service they offer was terrible and I switched to Spectrum TV.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I signed up for 7 day free trial on 02/11/2018 And canceled the subscription trial on 02/16/2018. I did NOT get a response from Sling or through my Roku administrator of cancelation. So I repeated the cancellation process on the Sling TV site where I was logged in. I found their phone number and tried to make contact by phone conversation to verify cancelation. But I only could get recordings from Sling TV saying they were not taking calls from their customers. I also dismissed the channel via my TV access on Roku site and canceled and removed the channel. I have to say. The service was terrible on that Sling TV site. And the options of viewing choices were also extremely POOR. With constant long spans of commercial interruptions with short periods of programming.

I knew right away I would NOT use this streaming service. So I canceled as stated. But I still could Not get a response from Sling TV. Then come along on 03/05/2018 I see I've been charged $26.74 for viewing access of 6 days. And them denying that I canceled the service. Even though I demanded they look at my viewing history and realize that I was NOT using the service they were charging me for, They said they were aware that I had not viewed any programming. But claimed they were unaware that I canceled with them on 02/16/2018. Even with that information I gave them of my NOT viewing or using their site. They went ahead and charged me the $26.74 amount. And could NOT give any answer or reason that would NOT respond to my previous cancelation on 02/16/2018.

They basically made themselves unavailable until after they had made and collected a charge that will NOT refund. They were NOT interested in learning what was so poor about their programming and site usage. They only could repeat that it is their policy to collect the fee. I believe they intended to scam me from the beginning of the trial period, They were going to collect money from the bait of a free trial offer. And then trap you by NOT responding to cancellations until past the seven day period. That way you have to pay their fee for a month regardless of whether the customer was going to keep the service or not.

They had complete record of my viewing history but NO record of my 2 cancellation orders, phone call, and cancelling site from Roku device indicating that I am dropping the station. Sling TV told me they don't accept dropping their channel and removing it from your account as cancellation. There are plenty of other services that offer better programming options and quality sites and pricing vs. the terrible experience with Sling TV. They are NOT customer friendly or user friendly. They want your money for the least amount of POOR service. I found their mother company @ the BBB. They have an "F" rating. The worst possible rating.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I signed up for Sling so I could watch the 2018 Oscars live on my new smart TV (I don't have Cable or an Apple TV etc., and my TV isn't compatible with Hulu Live). I paid $25 for the Orange+Blue plan because the website said Blue included Broadcast news channels, including ABC, which airs the Oscars. Today, the day before the Oscars, I checked to make sure ABC was working. NOPE.

I just got off the phone with a Sling representative AND her supervisor, who both failed to help me. We were on the phone for an hour. After SO MUCH TROUBLESHOOTING (repeating all the things I had already done, just to humor the representative), I was told, there is a glitch in the system that makes it so I get all the news channels - EXCEPT ABC, even though it's available in my zip code (NYC). AND they can't even add the Broadcast Extra to my account (which is $5 and includes ABC), because there's another glitch that doesn't give them that option in their system.

They said they were reporting this problem, but it wouldn't be fixed until next week - so AFTER the Oscars have aired. Of course I said I wanted my money back. I was charged for the Orange+Blue package, like yesterday... because admittedly I didn't try to access ABC during the free trial -- I know I'm an idiot -- but it's also not my job to make sure their service is in working order. That's SLING's job. They said it was not their policy to give refunds, not "no credits or refunds will be issued for partial or prepaid months after cancellation" -- no refunds EVER. They could only cancel my service, which of course I can do myself online. And they said I agreed to these policies when I ticked "accept terms and conditions".

So buyer beware! I have never heard of a company refusing to give refunds for services UNrendered. They failed to provide me with a service I paid for, and did NOTHING to rectify the situation. Nothing offered to try to keep me as a customer (I'm a brand new customer! Maybe a free month? Maybe an actual apology?). For Sling, the $25 they got from me was worth more than customer satisfaction. Now I have to go buy a cord so I can connect my laptop to my TV, or shell out for an Apple TV or something, just so I can get a goddamn local channel on my TV.

I remember fondly the time my Time Warner Cable guy stayed on the line until HBO worked the day the Game of Thrones premiere aired. I'm saving SO MUCH money not having cable. But wow. What a customer service disaster. AVOID this company and don't waste your time calling them for help. They can't help you. They don't want you as a customer. Rant over.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Sling TV is the same as Dish TV. Sling TV is owned by Dish TV. Same type of program get a bunch of channels that you don’t use. One thing Sling TV did to me I was watching a football game and all the sudden it went away from my screen. I called Sling TV come to find out I was not allowed to watch that because they were not supposed be broadcasting it for whatever reason so I canceled my account with them. These people are crooks. I would look elsewhere but it’s hard to know which one of these crooks to go with.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Within 2 hours of starting my free 7-day trial I canceled my service with Sling TV. When speaking to the customer service rep I was notified that it would be canceled. 13 months and many contacts later they were finally able to cancel it. They charge my bank account every month 26 plus dollars and I never once signed into it. They are totally refusing to refund any of the money during the time frame I was trying to do the cancellations. It is ridiculous if they were able to take that long to cancel me and I feel that they may be doing this to other people. I don't understand what would have taken so long to finally cancel my account. Sling is a big rip off. The customer service is horrible.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I have Spectrum. Funny thing is I get a "check your network". As if it's my internet fault that Sling doesn't work. But yet again Netflix and all my other apps work perfectly fine. Sling blames my network "Spectrum". But if it was my network nothing else would work. Only Spectrum doesn't work so it's a Sling problem. Will be cancelling soon. Stay away from Sling. No good!!! Can't even watch Versace!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Scammers! Are to say the least. I tried the 7 day free trial and as I am cancelling the service they decides to charge me anyways. I have to say the customer reps were very rude, unprofessional. I decided to make a complaint with my bank to let them know that I had not approve this charge and as a result I got the money back only to have to deal with Sling TV stating that I was in the wrong for the stop payment action. Everyone has a right to the own opinion. The bank customer service advise me to file a police report because it is actually fraud that they are doing. It is sad that a company like this exist because they are so rude, I was hung up on twice not to mention put on hold until I hung up and called back just to speak with uneducated floor supervisor that I pretty sure was listening the whole time I was on the call. Very disrespectful company and I don't advise anyone to use this service. Not even for the free trial.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Sling TV is not "a la carte". The truth is that they're not substantially different from any other cable content provider. In fact they're not as good as most other cable providers in that there are channels they simply don't carry at all yet (like FoxNews) and they don't even carry all basic network channels in all markets. For instance in ours they don't carry ABC. At all. (Deal killer for my Bachelor-watching wife.)

Also they are not the cheapest. By the time you factor in all the add-ons and hidden fees (they mysteriously charged a hidden $11 fee in addition to sign up without telling me they'd be doing that), they are actually more expensive. Most offensively though, they are highly gotcha-minded and predatory. If you unwisely choose to cut your cable cord (and I was all about that because I hate cable providers) and throw yourself into the Sling experience, be sure and hire yourself a lawyer to study the 6 point font and tell you what all it means. They pack a lot of stuff that favors them and not you into the fine print, in other words. CAVEAT EMPTOR with Sling. To da max!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I have had Sling TV for 3 months and the service has been problematic. It will shut off for no reason, disconnect and sometimes my channels don't show up at all. I attempted to chat online with a rep and my experience was awful. I tried calling to ask for a credit to my account since my service has not been working properly and they informed me that they do not give any partial credits, even if the service doesn't work properly! When I said that I felt this was unreasonable, the supervisor representative took it as a personal attack and told me she doesn't make the rules, as if I was talking about her and not the entity of Sling TV.

I told them that I was unhappy with my service and would be canceling my subscription and they didn't seem to care. This is very surprising for a new company, you would think they would want to keep all of their customers at this point. I was only looking for a partial credit for my interrupted service, I would have been happy with a $5 credit but they refused! DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE BECAUSE YOU WILL BE UNHAPPY AND YOU WILL NOT GET ANY REFUND WHEN YOUR SERVICE STOPS WORKING.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Be warned! Sling TV will trick you into ordering services/products that you do not want and had no intention of ordering. Their website is loaded with micro print “agreements” that you will click on locking you into bills that you cannot get out of. This company is a SCAM! They currently have a C rating on BBB with thousands of unresolved complaints. Further, Sling TV has an absolute no refund policy. It makes no difference to Sling TV if you are unhappy with your service or are tricked into ordering products/services that you do not want. The customer service is very rude and will do nothing to resolve your issue. STAY AWAY FROM SLING TV.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Sling TV is worst service provider. The quality of channels is worst, they hang all the time. I purchased 3 months subscription on 01/07 and requested them to cancel the subscription because of bad quality and refund the remaining account. However they refused to refund the amount and advised to continue watching the channels.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Went one day over and they charged me. Mind was on the government shutdown because husband's in military and forgot. Just worrying about how I’m going to pay my bills and put food in my kid's mouth. And this just adds to my stress level. Got rid of cable because it was too much. Now have to deal with not get my money back from Sling TV. Won’t give me my refund. Don’t recommend this. Hulu is better. Channels always look like pixels. Not good for someone who already has eye issues.

Sling TV expert review by Jonathan Trout

Sling TV is an internet TV streaming service owned by Dish Network. It offers three packages: Blue, Orange and a combo Blue/Orange package. Each package includes some of the most watched TV channels as well as lesser known channels, including all major sports channels. Each package includes DVR features so you can watch shows at a later date.

• Orange package: The Orange package gives you 30 channels including ESPN networks, Disney, AMC, CNN, HGTV and more popular cable channels. You can add individual channels on top of the standard 30 channels. You can only stream on one device at a time with the Orange package. It costs $20 per month and includes a seven-day free trial.

• Blue package: The Blue package offers over 40 channels, including many of the ones from the Orange package plus major channels like FOX, NBC, NFL Network, FX and even regional sports. You can also add channels on top of the standard 40 channels. You can stream on two devices at once with this package. It costs $25 per month and includes a seven-day free trial.

• Combine packages: Combine the Orange and Blue packages for $40 per month. You’ll also get the Broadcast Extra package added on for free (geographic restriction apply here). Broadcast Extra includes ABC, Univision, UniMas and more.

• Deals: Sling TV will give you a free Roku Express when you sign up for two months of service. You can also get a $50 AirTV player (regularly $129.00) if you sign up for two months of service.

• Supported devices: Sling TV works on Apple TV, Apple phones and tablets, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Xbox One, AirTV Player, Android TV, Windows and LG products.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Orange plan, two devices with the Blue plan and up to four devices with the combo plan.

• Best for: cord cutters who don’t want to miss out on live sports and popular TV shows.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout