3.89/5
  • 1 star
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 27, 2017

18 Sling TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

The price as compared to cable television is worth it. Lots of sports channels with varied content and I am able to watch most channels that I like however, I do not watch a lot of tv. I’d like the availability of more content for example some major sporting events are missed. The Olympic coverage was offered but not in my area. Many people would want Fox news (not me) to be available or other major news.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I love everything about the company. They are very fair when it comes to what you want and also choosing the service you want. It offers all the channels I need and some more extra. It's a full service I love to deal with. It is definitely a great service and I will always recommend this company to a friend or a family member.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I lost my credit card! Got a new one! Forgot to update my billing information. Last night my Sling TV was cancelled by them! Called! They said they could not give me my old price because my subscription was cancelled, by them! Called today they said the same thing! I have been with them for a long time! They have a referral system! I will not be giving them any referrals! Both people said that's their policy! People make those policies! They can be changed!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

You can either watch live or on demand and it has all the channels my wife likes to watch, and her favorite shows. You can get movie channels also. It has most of the same channels as cable services. It has the Food Network shows like Beat Bobby Flay, MasterChef, History channel, with shows like Pawn Stars, HGTV, Property Brothers. But, buffering the programming cuts out and stops broadcasting and you have to reset it. Some of the menus are hard to follow sometimes that the on demand shows will not work.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Sling TV came recommended by others to me. This service is convenient, low cost, and easy to use. But I would like there to be more channel variety in each package. It seems like they split up channels so that you have to buy more than one package. Other than that, it's an improvement from regular cable because you don't have to pay for channels you don't use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Sling TV has a pretty good selection of tv shows to watch and a lot of channels available. There are also movies that can be watched although not as much of a selection as I would hope for and there are very few available that I can actually watch without paying an extra fee. But I like Sling TV because I don’t have cable and this streaming service allows me to watch channels on the tv that I normally wouldn’t be able to watch.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Sling TV is very affordable and when you are on a tight budget that's great. The kids love it and can watch all their favorites. It has loads of channels though and lots of choice of all the usual TV as it's basically just broadcasting normal TV. It could have more channel choices that everyone wants to watch all of the time and not just things that are cheap to produce or buy, and that would allow you to sit down as a whole family, after a nice meal and be like, "Hey guys what should we watch." It could also be easier to use and have a more user friendly interface. There are better alternatives out there at a better price. You should get it if you want something that is cheap. But overall I would say that we really like Sling TV.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Sling TV is affordable and has all the offerings of cable for a lower price. You can watch live TV and on demand. You can pick up channels and change your subscription to fit your needs whenever necessary. I have all the channels that I like and there is no contract. It could be available without wifi but nowadays that is not possible with streaming service. Also it could be a little cheaper to add premium channels, but the rest of the service is so cheap that I don't mind.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Sling is one of the best streaming networks that I have come across... It is very nice and easy to use and also it is within my budget and I like using it daily... It has my fave channels and it works very well.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Sling TV is cheap for how many channels you get and there is a good variety of channels for adults and kids to watch such as Nick Jr and Disney. They get to watch it live as well so that is pretty cool. It doesn't cost nearly as much as a cable provider would so you get to save a lot of money. But there is way too much buffering in Sling TV. You could be in the middle of watching a show or a movie and all of a sudden it starts buffering and then it freezes. Sometimes it isn't even worth watching. Then you have to restart the whole app.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

It renders quickly, clear picture. Good HD quality. My family enjoys watching, all our favorite movies and tv shows on this. I like that I can download any movie or tv show that I want quickly and there is hardly any wait or downtime on a movie or tv show. This has give my family a new hobby, and has in some weird way brought us closer together. And as a mother that is a fact that I am very proud of. Who knew that watching tv, would bring a family closer together. And we are always telling anyone who will listen about our experience from watching tv shows and movies.

Wish some movies would download correctly. When you start to download a movie, and it just keeps loading, so you order a pizza, and go downtown to pick it up, stop at your gas station, fill up with gas, get a pack of cigarettes, get a slushy, and head back home. Stop and talk to your neighbor, pull back up at your house, get out and go in, and your movie is still downloading!!! My gosh man!!! That's a whole different kind of hell right there, you feel me!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

They have a good variety of choices. There is no contract and it is much more affordable than classic cable. I also enjoy being able to watch all episodes of a show even if it is not a new show. I wish there was a better variety of sports options without the extra charges, though. I would also like more of the basic channels to be available. Also I wish more channels had options to watch past episodes.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

The Sling TV service works really well, the devices are affordable, it's simple and it offers all the channels I need. I like that it features live TV and, on demand and you can save favorite shows and channels for fast access. It's fun and easy to use and you can also change your package or cancel at any time. But I don't like that it freezes sometimes and I can't fast forward through commercials. Also, if the internet isn't working well, the service isn't good.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Sling TV provides a good variety of channels including live news and sports, which I missed most after ditching my cable. And they have the right number of channels at a reasonable price. I like the access to ESPN 3 and the inclusion of on-demand features. I also like there are some unique channels, like Local Now, that give me access to quick information. The app is easy to use and it's a good product for the money but the platform is very clunky and a little slow to respond. I wish it were easier to jump between channels. I also don't like the number of blacked out events on ESPN3, especially those from schools I'm interested in following.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I currently have a Fire Stick and a Chrome Stick and I love my Fire Stick. I like streaming apps because you can control different streaming apps with your phone or even a remote and there are so many options to choose from movies and live TV with all your favorite shows. I can also catch up with all my favorite shows but the best part is I can save so much money over paying for expensive cable services that tends to go out depending on the weather. The only flaw that I have with some streaming apps is they can freeze up from time to time and not all live show play at the same time they air.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Sling TV is at such a great price compared to other cable companies. I like the fact that I can choose which channels I want and what price I want to spend, and that it's all streamed to my TV, and if I ever want to cancel I can easily click a button and I don't get hassled by customer service. It make watch cable TV so much easier than it use to be. I would like it better if I could choose channels I wanted singly, instead of having them in bundled groups, because there are certain channels I would like, if they weren't bundled in a group.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I downloaded the Sling TV app fast and easy. It has different price ranging packages and you can choose your preferences. I really enjoy this streaming service for the variety in shows, programs and movies for all ages to enjoy. It also has news and Spanish shows for my mother which is what I love best because my mother understands only Spanish.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I live an hour out of Las Vegas the nearest broadcasting city to me. Sling considers Phoenix 4 hours away as local. This is internet driven and not taking signal from AZ funded and controlled towers. They are no better than Dish their parent company and likely why they are so limited or any other satellite driven system. Antenna continues to be the most local cost efficient choice. Can't beat free and really local!

Sling TV expert review by Jonathan Trout

Sling TV is an internet TV streaming service owned by Dish Network. It offers three packages: Blue, Orange and a combo Blue/Orange package. Each package includes some of the most watched TV channels as well as lesser known channels, including all major sports channels. Each package includes DVR features so you can watch shows at a later date.

• Orange package: The Orange package gives you 30 channels including ESPN networks, Disney, AMC, CNN, HGTV and more popular cable channels. You can add individual channels on top of the standard 30 channels. You can only stream on one device at a time with the Orange package. It costs $20 per month and includes a seven-day free trial.

• Blue package: The Blue package offers over 40 channels, including many of the ones from the Orange package plus major channels like FOX, NBC, NFL Network, FX and even regional sports. You can also add channels on top of the standard 40 channels. You can stream on two devices at once with this package. It costs $25 per month and includes a seven-day free trial.

• Combine packages: Combine the Orange and Blue packages for $40 per month. You’ll also get the Broadcast Extra package added on for free (geographic restriction apply here). Broadcast Extra includes ABC, Univision, UniMas and more.

• Deals: Sling TV will give you a free Roku Express when you sign up for two months of service. You can also get a $50 AirTV player (regularly $129.00) if you sign up for two months of service.

• Supported devices: Sling TV works on Apple TV, Apple phones and tablets, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Xbox One, AirTV Player, Android TV, Windows and LG products.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Orange plan, two devices with the Blue plan and up to four devices with the combo plan.

• Best for: cord cutters who don’t want to miss out on live sports and popular TV shows.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout