Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

Sling TV offers subscribers the best of cable TV without paying for hundreds of channels you don't need. It specializes in live TV streaming, meaning viewers can watch their favorite shows on their preferred channels. Subscribers may view on various devices, including AirTV, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One and more.

BOTTOM LINE

Sling TV is an affordable alternative to cable. There is no long-term commitment, and you don't have to sacrifice your favorite national channels. Sling is easily accessible through streaming on your preferred devices.

PROS

• Customization options
  • Good channel selection
  • Affordable alternative to cable
  • No contracts

CONS

• Add-ons quickly hike the price
  • Local channels are limited

Top Sling TV Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

They are adding channels and programs all the time with proper content for family tv in all genres. I love the variety of switching from Fox News to WWE to Live PD and more! ... Look at Sling to be your number one "go to". No contracts, easy streaming with a Google Chromecast and enjoy!

Sling TV is PERFECT for watching those big sports games that I don’t want to miss. Getting all of the sports channels all year would cost so much more than activating Sling ... I needed support at one point and the customer service I received was really wonderful.

What is Sling TV?

Sling TV is similar to cable, but it transmits over the internet instead of through a cable box. To watch Sling, connect it to your chosen media streaming device, such as an Xbox, Roku or Apple TV. If you're not using a streaming device, you can download the app to your phone, computer, smart TV or any other compatible device.

With Sling TV, you can pick between the news- and entertainment-centric Sling Blue or the sports- and family-centric Sling Orange. If you'd rather not choose, you can combine both packages. All package options include a DVR function that saves to your cloud. The company offers mini-channel collections, referred to as extras, as add-ons. Premium channels such as Showtime, Starz and Epix are also options.

How much is Sling TV a month?

Sling TV offers two packages: Sling Orange and Sling Blue. Each plan costs $30 a month, or you can get both plans for $45 a month. There are several add-on options, such as lifestyle, comedy, kid-friendly and sports channels. These extras range between $5 and $10 monthly. Other premium channels range between $3 and $10 a month.

Sling TV FAQ

What channels are on Sling TV?
    The channel selection varies based on the package you choose. Some popular channels found on Sling TV include Disney, ESPN, FX, TLC and Food Network. There are also add-on options such as sports, children's programming, comedy and news.
    Is Sling live tv?
    Sling TV is live and offers programming as it’s broadcast. It also has a DVR feature so customers can record shows for later viewing.
    Does Sling have local channels?
    You can receive local channels by purchasing a separate HD antenna.
    How much is Sling TV monthly?
    Your monthly cost varies based on what package you choose. Sling Blue and Sling Orange each cost $30 monthly. If you want to combine both packages, your monthly cost is $45. From there, add-ons generally run between $5 and $10 a month.
    Can I get a refund from Sling?
    Sling does not offer refunds for prepaid or partial services. If you cancel in the middle of a month, you still pay for the full month.
    Is Sling better than cable?
    Unlike many cable services, Sling can be streamed from nearly any device, so it's much more portable. It also stores your DVR recordings to a cloud instead of a cable box. Plus, it's often more affordable.
    How can I contact Sling TV?
    Sling TV has several methods of contact. This includes online chat, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and calling directly.
    Is Sling free with Amazon Prime?
    No, Sling is not free with Amazon Prime. It is available to purchase through Amazon and can be watched using the Amazon Fire.

Is Sling TV good?

For those looking to cut ties with cable companies, Sling TV offers a good alternative. There are no contracts, and packages start at just $30. There are several options to build on the basic packages, though that increases the total cost. There are no long-term commitments, and you can cancel any time. Sling TV offers a service that makes it worth comparing the numbers and maybe saying goodbye to cable for good.

Sling TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

Original review: May 16, 2020

After getting a lot of recommendations to cut the cable I did with disappointing results. Sling was offering a "happy hour" special of free tv from 5 to midnight so I thought I would try it. I like that you get a choice of programming and there are inexpensive extras you can pick. While I don't have all the choices I would like, I have quite a few. It also allows me the opportunity to resume watching if I end up turning it off before the show is over. And I'm saving $60 a month from what I was paying for cable.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I have the Sling Blue package which includes all the major news channels, CNN, MSNBC, Fox and another 35 of the most popular cable channels like History, Discovery etc. I use it on Amazon Fire TV and Roku. This package is only $30.0 plus local sales tax. This package includes ten hours of free cloud DVR and you can add 50 hours of enhanced DVR for five dollars. You can fast forward, go back and pause on both packages.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I've had SlingTV for a few years, right after it came out. I was paying close to $100/month for the bare minimum satellite dish package and I wouldn't pay for any DVRs (I wasn't going to pay the additional monthly fee for the DVR receivers and the monthly cost for having DVR service). I work from home so I have to ensure I have great internet and Sling TV is SO much better than the basic satellite package I was paying for! I have so many more channels, I've never had any issues with streaming and another bonus - I don't have to worry about not having any TV when it snows (living in Utah means your satellite dish gets covered in snow multiple times and you have ZERO TV).

They just raised their prices like $5 but threw in 10 hours of free DVR and I've never had any form of DVR before and I love it! The extra cost is worth it - it's still cheaper than any cable or satellite package and I'll never go back. Even when I'm working and running all my programs, I can stream all day with no issues. You can also go back (on some channels) and watch shows that you may have missed. Maybe you fell asleep and missed the new episode of your favorite show? Most of my channels allow me to go back and watch the last 2-3 days of programming. There's also TONS of shows available on demand. I find myself watching this more than Netflix.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I have been with Sling for a couple of years now, Sling television has improved a lot. There's more channels and TV deals that's available. The price is convenient because sometimes there's nothing good on some channels. For the buck its a good deal, I just hope it authorized with apps like TNT, TBS, MTV and other apps so you don't always got to watch it on the sling app. Thanks, it good TV service.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Service is great, affordable and flexible but I cannot see Houston Astros games or UT Longhorns or WGN Super Station. Sling allows you to switch back and forth without charge between it packages which is a real benefit but I still can´t get the Astros or WGN. I can't find a provider for the Astros games except Root and Uverse which are not available here. DirecTV offers the games but the package is more than $200 per month. Sling is $25 per month...I can´t afford DirecTV.

Original review: July 25, 2020

In June we purchased a $60 gift card at Walmart for Sling and created an online account to apply it. Sling requires you to enter a debit/credit card to create the account but the site accepted the gift card as payment— until it didn’t and my credit card was charged instead. Customer service stated during promotion periods the gift card wouldn’t work, that we should reapply it in a month. Fast forward a month later and we reapplies the gift card. Again it said the card was accepted... but AGAIN WE WERE ALSO CHARGED on our credit card. THEIR MISTAKE and charges not authorized by me.

Spoke with a “stupor”visor named Peter and a representative named Javier. They refused to refund my money because their system added an additional 2 months of Sling. I told them I didn’t want the 2 months- I didn’t authorize them. They pretend to talk with people in “the back office” for extended hold times and still don’t refund the unauthorized charges. They need to rename this company fraud.com. I’m now working with my bank for a refund. Don’t bother with this company. It’s the worst.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Was very hesitant to sign up for a new television service. I only watch a few select channels, but most importantly my local news. We researched Sling thoroughly and found I could get Hallmark Channel for $5.00 extra per month and it would include Food network and a couple of others I could take or leave. But most importantly if I purchased their $50.00 Antenna along with the 3 month package ($90.00) I could receive my local channels with no interruption. HAHAHA! The antennae is a joke and would not work for my area. When we brought this to the attention of Sling tv they basically said TOUGH! No refunds, no refund even of my 90 day subscription even though I have not watched one SECOND of Sling tv. They are the worst in customer service, in technical skills, in product quality, and certainly in VALUE. I would not recommend that anyone gamble on Sling tv. Just not worth it.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I set up service with Blue Sling TV for the trial program. I canceled service during the trial but it did not cancel. I was charged $32.45 for June and July, 2020. I did not realize that service had not been canceled until I looked at my account today. Customer service would not refund me for my subscription.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Sling TV changed my service settings without my permission. I have my Parental controls activated and I am the only person in my family that knows the number. They added a Spanish package to my service for $17 without my permission. No one in my family speaks or is learning Spanish. I called Sling TV immediately before the charge even cleared my credit card. The customer service representative said that someone had granted access to the charge.

They will prorate the charge since I received one day of the unwanted Spanish channels. They will not give me a refund for this erroneous charge. My wife is the only other person in my household and she obviously didn’t sign in the parental controls numbers. In fact she said to me this morning ‘why are we getting all these Spanish channels’. So, Slingtv is charging me less than one dollar since the Spanish Stations were inexplicably activated. Good thing I noticed this on day one, because Slingtv will not admit fault.

We checked with BBB and this up-charging seems to be a common problem. People have similar complaints that they were the only one who knows the Parental Control password and somehow additional charges have been placed in their account. It seemingly appears that they will take a little bit of money from everyone if they can get away with it.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Like others, when I tried to cancel, it wasn't. I subscribed for SLING on my Roku website, and so I canceled it on that same Roku website. But, when I inquired of Roku, I was told that to truly cancel my SLING subscription, I needed to contact SLING. And finally, Roku sent me a phone number to contact SLING. Today is the 12th of the month and I was billed on the 10th. SLING is a Pre-Pay billing, but when I asked that my account be canceled and closed today and that the unused portion of my Pre-Pay payment be returned, I was told by Mike and then a supervisor named Leo, Emp ID: **, that "we have to go by the guidelines."

The SLING billing guidelines must state cancellations can only be processed on the billing date and that the Pre-Pay amount is non-refundable. So, I am stuck paying for services not desired and a cancellation not on the date requested. Anyone thinking of subscribing to SLING should seriously consider other options. Do not get involved with this company, there are better options out there.

Sling TV Company Information