1.33/5

122 Sling TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Sling is a downright scam. They advertise channels that you do not receive, it only loads 30% of the time, if you're lucky, and when you ask them to rectify this, their response is always, "Well, you already bought it so it's not our problem". STAY AWAY. TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My husband and I only subscribed for college football, PENN State specifically. We watch little television. When we subscribed and attempted to watch last Saturday evening, the game went out about 20 times in about 10 minutes. The service was terrible and would not load. We use it for nothing else, and whenever I attempted to get a refund for advertising a game that they could not show, they provided the same feedback, that they do not give REFUNDS! Even though the fault of the issue is entirely theirs. So now, I have the service for a month, unused because it is terribly unstable, and I have to be out the money. Sketchy business practices. I will tell all of my friends.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have 60 MB connection, so plenty of bandwidth, BUT Sling only works maybe 20% of the time, the rest of the time, it just sits there and won't receive any feed. Is this just for a laptop or iPhone? For $20 a month I expect A LOT MORE!!! Heck, Netflix is only $7.99 and I get great reception. The SLING app and their infrastructure appear to be horribly constrained and have real scalability issues. I plan to drop it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

They will quote the Terms of Service till they are blue in the face. But their service to beyond terrible. They will not honor the part of the TOS that states that they have to provide the service that is paid for but they will not back down on the part of the TOS that states that after the 7 days there are NO REFUNDS!!! They hope people don't use and don't cancel their service. How are they still in business???

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I’ve given Sling 3 too many months. The service rarely works and the orange circle just spins. I’ve troubleshot all that can be done. I’ve called the company to credit my account for most days in the month not working. They have done nothing to retain my business including fixing their service. When it works, they offer great channels and shows I like to watch, however if they don’t work when I can sit to watch what’s the point. I am incredibly frustrated enough to post here and let others know to not waste their money! FYI, all other streaming apps work just fine when Sling is not (to clarify not user error). The techs need to fix the glitches or they will not have a job long-term. The company will not survive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Horrible service. No support for Mac. And don't tell us to use Chrome - don't need it for anything else, don't want it. They also stopped supporting older iOS versions (used by older iPads still working.) If you can find another streaming service, definitely go there.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Customer Service at this company is the world's worst. Signed up for a new account and surprise... got a "you have no channels" message with a phone number that "sorry, no longer exists". They bury their working phone #'s but I finally got one that worked. No one there could troubleshoot my inability to get their service. Asked for a refund and had to fight the rep as he said refunds aren't done. Even if no one can figure out why their service doesn't work! STAY AWAY.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Sling TV charged a different card than what was agreed upon in merchant's agreement. I sent screenshots stating to refund and deduct from the card we agreed upon but they told me all sales are final and they would not even tell me how or why they took my money and I still had 3 days left of the free trial. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GET SLING TV. MOBDRO IS WAY BETTER.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Within half hour of trial we knew service would not work in our area so we canceled. Only problem service didn't cancel and we are paying for 1 month of service we can't use because they don't refund. Notice charge on checking tried canceling again finally had to call to get this service canceled for good. charge not even on account 2 hrs and still can't get refund. Their cancel button doesn't work and we have to pay for 1 month service that we can't use. What a rip off.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Read reviews before you commit to a Sling account. I made the mistake of not doing so and ended up paying $300 for annual service. Now, no channels to watch and no refund. I had ordered Polish channels to watch. Each channel comes in (barely), and some at a quarter of the size of my TV, some half, some completely pixellated. Unwatchable. Sling said that I should adjust my TV to each channel and they are not responsible for quality issues. I had purchased an annual subscription and they refused a refund of any kind. Then I cancelled my account. I went back on to chat to see how I can leave a review - and they would not answer me after I asked how do I leave a review. Absolutely a scam.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Called 3 months ago to cancel my subscription. All was good but still was charged for the next 2 months and called again requested a refund but all they could say, "Sorry, we don't do refunds." That is theft by all means. Please do not subscribe to Sling. They will RIP you off. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB also.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

1 - Channels promised not fully accessible; 2 - Sling began double billing us and when I tried to fix the problem they said they couldn't issue a refund. Truth is they don't want to, and they know that they'll get free money from those people who get too stressed fighting fraudulent charges or who don't have the time to jump through the hoops it takes to be made whole.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We chatted with an agent to see if we would receive a pro-rated credit for cancelling. Instead of answering our question, they wanted to know why we were leaving. They were nosy and rude insisting to know all the details of why we were cancelling. Then out of nowhere I receive a cancellation email without having my question answered. To find out after, they offer no refunds. We called 2 days after the start of our next billing cycle. They wouldn't back date it, even though we have not used their TV service for a week. They are forcing me to pay for another month of service, that we won't use. I told them they should revise their policy, customers should have the right to cancel as of the day they cancel, especially when they haven't even used service for that billing cycle. The chat agent was rude. I will think again before using Sling TV. It is fraudulent to charge customers for services they haven't used.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I called Sling and gave them specific channels that I wanted to be able to see. They assured me that I would get the channels I asked about. They were NBC and local channels in my area. When I logged on, I realized that those channels were not there. Sling apologized but refused to give me a refund. They told me I could use Sling for the 2 months they charged me. I explained that since those channels were not available, even though they said they were, they should give me a refund. What a way to do business. Lie to the customer that they will get channels and then refuse to refund the money.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Sling will charge you after canceling during the trial period. When you call to complain, they will inform you that you failed to properly complete the cancellation process. The customer service reps are completely inflexible. There is a "verification" team that apparently can issue refunds, but they are not reachable by phone. Sling's "trial" offers are scams.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Sling TV literally has NO MEANS of canceling and will continue to charge you without permission. BEWARE. DO NOT sign up for a trial, and don't sign up at all unless you want to be billed FOREVER without your permission. There is NO customer service number and the process of supposedly canceling on their website does NOT actually process any cancellation. You don't get much at all for what you pay, then they will continue to bill you in spite of REPEATED efforts to cancel. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I signed up for a free trial with SLING in order to use the service for a week to see if I could break away from cable. I received a confirmation of the start of our FREE trial period and knew when I had to cancel to avoid paying one month's service fee of $42.78. I have the email from SLING stating when the service began AND confirmation on ending however SLING does not agree with the facts. I would not trust this service provider - also the service did not offer any exceptional quality.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The AirTV promotion is a ripoff... I paid for the device and 3 months service. I have not received the device and the 3 months haven't started. I've asked for my money back and they are attempting to force me to keep the service without them sending me the device. Now I no longer want the device or service and still haven't gotten my money back yet. I'll have to take some legal action because they are ignoring the fact that they have taken my money without the device being delivered. Sling TV are thieves. How they've attempted to justify the lack of refund is beyond me.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Beware if you cancel your subscription, you might still be charged! I cancelled in April and got an email stating the account was cancelled, and I had access until 5/16/18. I have not used the service since May and still they charged me for May, June, and July. I was slow in finding this out for sure. I thought May was maybe something I owed, but realized June and July were also charged.

I contacted them today via their web chat (they don't have a customer service phone number listed) and was told that anytime I sign back into my account it will be reactivated???? Really?! And they have no way to verify if I've used the service since cancelling or not. Crazy! It's technology! They have to be able to track who is using. The chat rep wouldn't budge on this, so he gave me customer service phone number. However, they would also not budge. I filed a dispute with my credit card company, so hopefully this will resolve it. If you do use the service be sure to cancel and don't touch that website again! Ridiculous! On top of all that, the streaming of the sports I wanted to watch was terrible - it stopped often.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This is the worse service I've ever have to deal with - I cancelled my service before the free trial was up over 2 years ago and they continued to charge my husband charge card without my knowledge. My husband was not aware that I had canceled the service and paid for the service over two years. I received an email from Sling letting me know that my rates were increasing - that is the only reason I found out that the service still exist. I called and they showed that the service was never accessed since the trial time but would not compensate in any way. Worse customer service ever.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I signed up with Sling for a month so I could watch the 2018 Football World Cup while at work. A few days before I was scheduled to be billed again, I cancelled my service - partly because the World Cup was over but also because the service was blurry all the time, and besides Fox and FS1, the channel selection was really lacking. I cancel my service online but the next month I still get billed. I call them and they tell me, since I never got an email confirming cancellation, they won't refund my money even though my account hadn't been active since the date that I cancelled online.

This company is dishonest, the service is subpar, customer service is not helpful, and once they have your credit card information, they continue to bill you even after you've cancelled. Sling is not the better alternative to cable. At least with cable I'm not watching a blurry screen 9 times out of 10. I'm about to call my bank so I don't get any more random charges from this company.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have been paying for Sling TV for several months now. It is kind of a RIP OFF. You get NO local channels... NO networks at all... NO CBS, ABC, NBC... None! The part that irritates me the most is I pay 50.00 a month and they tell me I can only watch it on 3 TVs at a time. I have 5 TVs in my house and I have to literally tell some of my kids... "I'm sorry. You can't watch TV right now because all 3 streams are being used right now." What kind of crap is that? If I am paying 50.00 a month, I should be able to watch on all the TVs in my house. Not to mention... if I am using 2 streams at the same time and the third person starts watching... the quality is HORRIBLE for all but the first TV you were streaming to. Buffering is horrible and you will get kicked completely out over and over. NOT a good service. I am dropping them and using Vader Streams. It is WAY cheaper and I can stream on as many TVs in my house as I want to.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Got a free trial with Sling TV. Canceled on day 7 (no local channels --really?). I was 1 hr past the apparent deadline, which was at 8:50 am on Saturday (they take 7 days literally!). Charged my card $60, and wouldn't work with me. Chat service was rude. Do Not Use Sling TV. Run...

Original review: July 28, 2018

I love some of the shows on this service because I cannot find them on anything else BUT the service cuts in and out at least 5 times in a hour and it is ** annoying! I will be watching something and it goes back to my home screen, or it just buffers... and buffers... and buffers... and buffers... but mostly it has a error and just cuts out. It drives me absolutely insane and the crazy thing is I am paying for this service!!! **! GOD it pisses me off! I have called them, been on tech support, erased the app, reloaded the app, restarted my whole system. NONE OF THAT WORKS! I HATE IT! And now the price has gone up. I am so on the edge of just saying GOODBYE!

Original review: July 23, 2018

Too many commercials, not good enough quality, Sling keeps locking up or lags when selecting/changing channels. Most channels cannot be paused or rewound/fast forward despite the streaming claim. Way too many and too frequent commercials on most channels. Cheaper than cable, sure, but way less choice unless you customize for more money, not good enough for any more than 2 stars, we will probably unsubscribe soon, and find something more interesting to do than have commercials shoved in our faces while trying to watch a programmer.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have Apple TV 4K with Sling TV app. I have 1GByte download speeds. Only two streaming devices connected. ANY kind of movement pixelates around the moving parts. Lips moving when announcers are talking are pixelated. Football players running are badly pixelated. Sling is a major sports provider, but pixelation is too continuous to ignore. I don’t think Sling TV is ready for primetime. Either their delivery equipment is not robust enough or the apps they write for Apple TV 4K are not adequate. I’ve canceled the service already over this issue. Sling just gives lip service to this problem. No apparent effort is being put in to solve the problem. I did come back to try again, but I’m again very close to canceling. Watching blurry tv is aggravating. THIS SHOULD BE THEIR TOP PRIORITY TO FIX. This isn’t the only complaint site reporting bad pixelation. Check out Reddit.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Buffering, 2/3 black screen, complete screen pixelation - I called Sling TV approx. 30 days ago and was told by the rep they would look into the issue and made it sound like they would follow up with me. I did not ask for any kind of credit at that time as wanted to give them the opportunity to make it right, but issues had been going on for approx. 2 months prior to my call. NO FOLLOW UP. So today, I made two calls today and escalated to a supervisor in each call. In first call talked to Chuck who was very condescending and focused only on what they don't do and how other industries don't make outbound calls to a customer (so I asked what the rep meant when said they would follow up on the issue) and said he could NOT provide any credit or added value for the extremely poor customer experience I had been dealing with for months... from resetting TV, Router, Uninstalling Sling TV and reinstalling, etc.

I then escalated to Samantha, after another 15 minutes (total time on phone 25 minutes) and was offered $5 for my troubles. I explained after all I had been through and not even getting close to the product I am paying, that a $5 credit was an insult and they are focused on policies and not good business practices and in today's market a company needs to be dynamic in these situations and got nothing. I have been a very loyal customer and huge word of mouth advertiser for Sling TV. I AM DONE. Thank you Chuck and Samantha for making my decision to find another service easy. You should be ashamed of how you take care of your good customers. If I could give zero stars I would.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I was looking into alternatives to cable TV. Came across Sling and decided to try the 7 day trial. I used it for 2 days and cancelled it as I was not liking the service, also the channels I was looking for required upgrade and to add additional features. Almost after 8 months I receive an email stating my service was re-instated and of course I call them right away to cancel which they did. What they did not inform me was that I had been charged. I happened to review my credit card statement couple of days later and called them for refund.

I got the ** answer that I had to call within 5 of the charge to receive credit. Told them I wanted to speak to Manager as that is utter **. Of course never spoke to Manager but was told they are going to push through a credit manually. I asked for confirmation which I was not provided and was told I will receive an email. I sure did receive the email but that just confirming I was not receiving the credit. I have disputed the charges with my credit card company. Wanted to leave a review for them as well as that is just not good customer service and fraud.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Sling has a problem with the volume on their commercials. I will have my TV turned up to a normal volume but, when the commercials come on, it is extremely loud. I have now called twice about this. They tell me their engineering department is working on it and would contact me. I have heard absolutely nothing. They are placating me by telling me they are working on it, so I won't keep calling. Not a good way to do business or keep customers!!!

Original review: July 7, 2018

The whole reason I went with SLING TV over cable, is because I was tired of the cable – tactics. Now I see that SLING TV is no different than cable in many ways. They got me to purchase an over the air antenna along with a cable called AirTV for the purpose of getting free HD channels from the air which would merge with my existing Sling TV account. To me this was awesome! Although I still have not set up the AirTV with the SLING TV and the over the air antenna, I was missing one particular channel which was MSNBC and wanted to have it added to my account. I was told that I had to upgrade from Orange to Blue service where I would be spending $10 more per month. The original agreement I went into when I bought the AirTV was that I pre-paid for my subscription three months ahead of time, so I am not expecting to have to pay them anytime before the three months because they are already pre-paid!

But in the course of upgrading, I was told that only by the representative but also by her supervisor that I had to pay $19 just to change the subscription from Orange to Blue. When I made the agreement of paying three months ahead of time and the purchase of the air TV box, I was never told that if I switch from Orange to Blue service that I would be charged. Since I’m pre-paid for three months I don’t even see why they are trying to charge me anything doing this agreement of pre-paying for three months! This, is where SLING TV is no different than Cable. Trust me, I have thought long and hard before making the comparison, but it’s true.

Sling TV expert review by Jonathan Trout

Sling TV is an internet TV streaming service owned by Dish Network. It offers three packages: Blue, Orange and a combo Blue/Orange package. Each package includes some of the most watched TV channels as well as lesser known channels, including all major sports channels. Each package includes DVR features so you can watch shows at a later date.

• Orange package: The Orange package gives you 30 channels including ESPN networks, Disney, AMC, CNN, HGTV and more popular cable channels. You can add individual channels on top of the standard 30 channels. You can only stream on one device at a time with the Orange package. It costs $20 per month and includes a seven-day free trial.

• Blue package: The Blue package offers over 40 channels, including many of the ones from the Orange package plus major channels like FOX, NBC, NFL Network, FX and even regional sports. You can also add channels on top of the standard 40 channels. You can stream on two devices at once with this package. It costs $25 per month and includes a seven-day free trial.

• Combine packages: Combine the Orange and Blue packages for $40 per month. You’ll also get the Broadcast Extra package added on for free (geographic restriction apply here). Broadcast Extra includes ABC, Univision, UniMas and more.

• Deals: Sling TV will give you a free Roku Express when you sign up for two months of service. You can also get a $50 AirTV player (regularly $129.00) if you sign up for two months of service.

• Supported devices: Sling TV works on Apple TV, Apple phones and tablets, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Xbox One, AirTV Player, Android TV, Windows and LG products.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Orange plan, two devices with the Blue plan and up to four devices with the combo plan.

• Best for: cord cutters who don’t want to miss out on live sports and popular TV shows.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout