Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.53/5

Sling TV offers subscribers the best of cable TV without paying for hundreds of channels you don't need. It specializes in live TV streaming, meaning viewers can watch their favorite shows on their preferred channels. Subscribers may view on various devices, including AirTV, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One and more.

BOTTOM LINE

Sling TV is an affordable alternative to cable. There is no long-term commitment, and you don't have to sacrifice your favorite national channels. Sling is easily accessible through streaming on your preferred devices.

PROS

• Customization options
  • Good channel selection
  • Affordable alternative to cable
  • No contracts

CONS

• Add-ons quickly hike the price
  • Local channels are limited

Top Sling TV Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

They are adding channels and programs all the time with proper content for family tv in all genres. I love the variety of switching from Fox News to WWE to Live PD and more! ... Look at Sling to be your number one "go to". No contracts, easy streaming with a Google Chromecast and enjoy!

Sling TV is PERFECT for watching those big sports games that I don’t want to miss. Getting all of the sports channels all year would cost so much more than activating Sling ... I needed support at one point and the customer service I received was really wonderful.

What is Sling TV?

Sling TV is similar to cable, but it transmits over the internet instead of through a cable box. To watch Sling, connect it to your chosen media streaming device, such as an Xbox, Roku or Apple TV. If you're not using a streaming device, you can download the app to your phone, computer, smart TV or any other compatible device.

With Sling TV, you can pick between the news- and entertainment-centric Sling Blue or the sports- and family-centric Sling Orange. If you'd rather not choose, you can combine both packages. All package options include a DVR function that saves to your cloud. The company offers mini-channel collections, referred to as extras, as add-ons. Premium channels such as Showtime, Starz and Epix are also options.

How much is Sling TV a month?

Sling TV offers two packages: Sling Orange and Sling Blue. Each plan costs $30 a month, or you can get both plans for $45 a month. There are several add-on options, such as lifestyle, comedy, kid-friendly and sports channels. These extras range between $5 and $10 monthly. Other premium channels range between $3 and $10 a month.

Sling TV FAQ

What channels are on Sling TV?
    The channel selection varies based on the package you choose. Some popular channels found on Sling TV include Disney, ESPN, FX, TLC and Food Network. There are also add-on options such as sports, children's programming, comedy and news.
    Is Sling live tv?
    Sling TV is live and offers programming as it’s broadcast. It also has a DVR feature so customers can record shows for later viewing.
    Does Sling have local channels?
    You can receive local channels by purchasing a separate HD antenna.
    How much is Sling TV monthly?
    Your monthly cost varies based on what package you choose. Sling Blue and Sling Orange each cost $30 monthly. If you want to combine both packages, your monthly cost is $45. From there, add-ons generally run between $5 and $10 a month.
    Can I get a refund from Sling?
    Sling does not offer refunds for prepaid or partial services. If you cancel in the middle of a month, you still pay for the full month.
    Is Sling better than cable?
    Unlike many cable services, Sling can be streamed from nearly any device, so it's much more portable. It also stores your DVR recordings to a cloud instead of a cable box. Plus, it's often more affordable.
    How can I contact Sling TV?
    Sling TV has several methods of contact. This includes online chat, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and calling directly.
    Is Sling free with Amazon Prime?
    No, Sling is not free with Amazon Prime. It is available to purchase through Amazon and can be watched using the Amazon Fire.

Is Sling TV good?

For those looking to cut ties with cable companies, Sling TV offers a good alternative. There are no contracts, and packages start at just $30. There are several options to build on the basic packages, though that increases the total cost. There are no long-term commitments, and you can cancel any time. Sling TV offers a service that makes it worth comparing the numbers and maybe saying goodbye to cable for good.

Sling TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sling TV?

Original review: May 16, 2020

After getting a lot of recommendations to cut the cable I did with disappointing results. Sling was offering a "happy hour" special of free tv from 5 to midnight so I thought I would try it. I like that you get a choice of programming and there are inexpensive extras you can pick. While I don't have all the choices I would like, I have quite a few. It also allows me the opportunity to resume watching if I end up turning it off before the show is over. And I'm saving $60 a month from what I was paying for cable.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I have the Sling Blue package which includes all the major news channels, CNN, MSNBC, Fox and another 35 of the most popular cable channels like History, Discovery etc. I use it on Amazon Fire TV and Roku. This package is only $30.0 plus local sales tax. This package includes ten hours of free cloud DVR and you can add 50 hours of enhanced DVR for five dollars. You can fast forward, go back and pause on both packages.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2020

They are adding channels and programs all the time with proper content for family tv in all genres. I love the variety of switching from Fox News to WWE to Live PD and more! The rates are less than Netflix with many more options to choose. Look at Sling to be your number one "go to". No contracts, easy streaming with a Google Chromecast and enjoy!

Original review: May 7, 2020

The variety is good, but when I was double billed, they refused to refund me the money and they cancelled the 2nd bill for the future, but wouldn't return the funds for one. However, it is very easy to use and has a variety of local and cable channels. It has all three Hallmark channels which is nice and a variety of news and sports channels.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I've had SlingTV for a few years, right after it came out. I was paying close to $100/month for the bare minimum satellite dish package and I wouldn't pay for any DVRs (I wasn't going to pay the additional monthly fee for the DVR receivers and the monthly cost for having DVR service). I work from home so I have to ensure I have great internet and Sling TV is SO much better than the basic satellite package I was paying for! I have so many more channels, I've never had any issues with streaming and another bonus - I don't have to worry about not having any TV when it snows (living in Utah means your satellite dish gets covered in snow multiple times and you have ZERO TV).

They just raised their prices like $5 but threw in 10 hours of free DVR and I've never had any form of DVR before and I love it! The extra cost is worth it - it's still cheaper than any cable or satellite package and I'll never go back. Even when I'm working and running all my programs, I can stream all day with no issues. You can also go back (on some channels) and watch shows that you may have missed. Maybe you fell asleep and missed the new episode of your favorite show? Most of my channels allow me to go back and watch the last 2-3 days of programming. There's also TONS of shows available on demand. I find myself watching this more than Netflix.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Order Orange sling for $20 and added Phoenix Suns NBA pass for $17.99. We were not able to watch a single game, were blacked out. We called, got nowhere, asked for a manager who wanted to refund $9. We said we never got to watch a game, but no go. The refund would be only used for the next billing cycle. We don't watch sling, we just wanted the NBA Phoenix Suns game.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I tried ordering the 3 day free trial. But they billed me 70 dollars for the first month and they wouldn’t fix. I tried calling to get it fixed. Watching the 3 days but they wouldn’t fix it. What a scam. Beware of Sling's offers.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Beware of "Free 3 Day Trial". I signed up for Sling's free 3 day trial. Since I found out that Sling does NOT carry the local sports teams any more, I tried to cancel the same day. Magically sling would NOT recognize my password and the reissue password request was never was sent to me. I tried again the next day without luck and noticed the app was not on my TV. I called my credit card company that day to explain and they said their only option was to cancel and reissue the card because it hasn't been billed yet. I chose to wait since Sling was not showing up on my TV. Guess what? I checked with my credit card 10 days later and found out I had been billed! It's now in dispute. I am hopeful since I notified my credit card company one day into the 3 day free trial that I tried multiple times to cancel.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I have had Sling TV orange & blue for a couple of weeks. I have no complaints. I was paying $125.00 for cable that sucked. Only could watch on one tv & the channel line up was horrible. Sling TV was the right choice for me.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

This service is horrible. Tech support is a one speed follow the protocol list of reboot, uninstall and reinstall the app which NEVER works. Then they'll tell you they're submitting a service request but there you aren't given a service request number not will you receive confirmation of any kind. Their reason? We don't do that. Never have any of my ever changing issues ever been addressed in a timely fashion. As far as performance; for every fix from picture/sound sync, pixelation issues, recording issues, gap in programming at the top and half of the hour issues, 2 more will arise after updates. Solution? Reboot, uninstall and reinstall before the "service request" is submitted. That's what I get for trying to save $20 off of my satellite bill for similar content and without network access. I cannot recommend this to anyone looking for quality service.

Sling TV Company Information