Shoebuy.com

Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I sent back two pair of boots back to ShoeBuy, received at ShoeBuy on Dec 29th at 10:38am. Still waiting on a refund of over 300.00. I have made numerous calls, spoke to a supervisor and all they give are excuses. Also tried to call the corporate office in Boston and the line is constantly busy. Do not purchase from ShoeBuy. They are full of excuses. I will never purchase another thing from ShoeBuy.

I purchased a watch from shoebuy on the black Friday promotion sale. I received the wrong watch. I have emailed them just about every day since the 14th of December when the watch was delivered. I do not like the watch and wanted to send it back. I haven't had any response to my emails and now I'm out of pocket with something that I didn't purchase.

As other customers stated, Shoebuy quietly added "restocking fee" for the returns. I also found it out only after returning one of the two sizes I ordered. But the reason for today's review is above and beyond that. I ordered a pair of boots 8 days ago and have been waiting. When I checked my tracking number today, it showed that it was finally delivered today but to another town! Shoebuy customer service told me that it is the fault of UPS and I have to wait for 10 business days for UPS to investigate the case. If UPS finds my boots, they will reroute them to me, and if they don't, UPS will refund my account. Then I can order the same item again, and receive them probably another 8 - 10 days later.

Since I am in desperate need of winter boots, I asked them if I can order the same pair today, and return the original pair in case UPS reroute them to me. The customer service rep (yes, I also spoke with her manager and heard the same answer) said that I will have to pay for the restocking fee for the return of the original pair! I couldn't believe it. It is no wonder that they get so many 1 star reviews here. I told them I am a long time customer of over 10 years - they kept repeating that I will have to pay for the restocking fee. I ordered another pair of boots from LL Bean after getting off the phone and they will be delivered in TWO days! Even if I might have to pay Shoebuy the restocking fee this time (I hope UPS just refund my account), I would never buy another pair of shoes from Shoebuy! Horrible customer service - such a contrast to Zappos.

I really don't think that SB employees care about whether customers will return to the website. Twice I have called regarding a boot purchase. Twice I explained that the pull on the boot is defective. Cripes, I didn't even use the pull with the replacement boot and the pull STILL came off. But, I can live without the pull. I really need the boots for traction, not pulls. That said, I do not think I should be charged the total amount of the sale for a defective boot. I was told I have received the max discount for an order which was 30%. To which I responded... "Ok, if the boots were not broken I would be fine with this... Considering the boots were sold in new condition (not say "as is") and are still defective on both orders, I don't see how your company would not offered a partial refund?"

I explained twice now that I would keep the boots for a discounted price instead of returning them. It's a hassle that is unnecessary to customers and twice now they have supplied me with defective boots. But twice I have been told that I only have two options: return and receive refund once the boots are considered defective or exchange them. This can't be the only two options. It's the missed opportunity to keep a customer happy that will keep me from returning to ShoeBuy.com. And it's really too bad, the other order we made was my daughter's Sketchers and they were fantastic and she loves them so much. Bad customer service overrides it though. I just won't deal with this any longer. Bye-Bye Shoebuy forever. It was nice, well... No it really wasn't nice at all.

I have been ordering from Shoebuy.com for many years and thought that it was the best deal going. I bought a pair of shoes gift for my daughter for Christmas. The back was too high and pushed against her achilles tendon. AFTER I completed the preliminary process for returning the shoes, I was advised by Shoebuy that I could be refunded the cost of the shoes LESS a $6.95 restocking fee. I pushed back and was informed that it was a new policy - no exceptions. Sneaky, Shoebuy, and not acceptable for long-time customers who had no idea of your new "policy."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoebuy.com?

First off let's start by stating you are not going to get nothing in less than 10 days!!! Expect 15 to 30 days!!! There is no cancellation button not even if you order by accident... like most websites... I was going to order a pair of boots for my nephew who just got out of the military for the holidays and is returning the 1st of Jan. I found what he wanted and seen 3-5 days (which is not the case)!!! I found the same boots in a store down the street from my house for the same price online. I had all my info in the site and ready to purchase but changed my mind accidentally hitting the order or purchase button at 8:30 pm at night. So called them the very next morning to cancel and they said you are not allowed to cancel an order only return with a restocking fee?!? This company sucks and I will never ever buy anything there and will post it everywhere I can imagine to get the word out!

I made a purchase from Shoe Buy through eBay about 2 weeks before Christmas. They sent the wrong color. I triple checked my order, to make sure it wasn't my mistake. I sent photos & received no response from the company in 3 days so contacted eBay for a phone number for the company. I was told by the Shoe Buy company representative that I would have to pay to return the wrong color, so I terminated the phone call. I initiated a return through eBay so am unable to leave negative feedback for the seller. 2 weeks after my first eBay message to the seller/Shoe Buy, I finally received a reply. So, I spent nearly $70 on a pair of shoes NOT the color I ordered and Shoe Buy doesn't care. I don't have a printer to create the return label and I ordered the shoes because I needed to wear them for an event, so they will no longer take them back.

In addition to $70 I've probably spent about 2 hours dealing with Shoe Buy & eBay because the company can't send the right color and takes weeks to respond to messages from paying customers. They got their $$ and that's ALL they care about. It is fraudulent to offer one product and send another. The company claims they do have the right color available, but I would have had to wait until they received the returned item, then wait again to see if they could send the right item before the event. OR I would have had to make a new purchase from them and hope the second time that they could get the order right. And it is a total lack of Customer Service to say a customer must pay to return the wrong item. I do not trust this company at all.

Shoebuy.com used to have a free return policy. They changed it quietly and now they charge $6 to restock a brand new box!!! I ordered two pairs and it seems the brand was one size too small. I wanted to return one and exchange the other only to discover they will charge me to return the item! I told her I am keeping one! Isn't that enough to make sure I am a satisfied customer? She said that it is out of her hands??? That the warehouse "guys" will make a decision about my money? I said, "You know what? Take them both back, I'll pay the 'fine' and you guys will never have me spend my money with you EVER again!!!" I bought from them for over $600 in 2013-14.

I ordered a pair of shoes, and after 10 days it still hadn't shipped. I called customer service. They gave me excuses and couldn't tell me when it would ship. 13 days after I placed the order it still had not shipped so I asked to cancel the order. They would not cancel it even though it was past the shipping time they state. The other problem was we were flying overseas and I needed the shoes before we left. 16 days after the order was placed, 3 days after I asked to cancel the order the shoes shipped. We got them the day before we left. Meanwhile I found the same shoes for 2 dollars more on Amazon and they shipped and were received 2 days later. The worst part was I called customer service 7 times, never could get a supervisor, never was actually helped. I even wrote an email which was never responded to. Steer clear of this horrible company, if you do a little searching can find their same shoes at comparable prices elsewhere!

I strongly recommend that you do not give any business to this company. They mislead their customers with online banners stating 3-5 business day delivery. I ordered a pair of boots and had them shipped out-of-state for Christmas delivery. In fact, the boots were ordered on 12/13 and they did not arrive on time. When I called, the supervisor, was extremely rude. He kept on saying "Prove it! After Christmas is acceptable!" He stated that they get additional time for processing so arriving after Christmas was still within the time frame. I was shocked to learn a company feels it is acceptable to place a MISLEADING DELIVERY banner to trick customers about timelines!!

There are so many reputable companies that deserve your hard-earned money. And this is NOT one of them. Reputable companies, like LL Bean and Amazon, follow up, give REAL delivery dates, can process large volumes of orders from tons of customers daily, and treat their customers like they matter! Next time, I will use Zappos! And RUDE SUPERVISORS make the experience even worse. Shopper beware! You may wait up to 3 weeks for your delivery and I am sure they will have no issues charging your credit card immediately! I wanted to cancel the order; however, they told me it already shipped and I could not cancel it... but I have NO WAY to track... Hmmm.

I ordered three pairs of slippers on December 16th, 2016 for Christmas presents for my wife and two daughters. I noted that each of their sizes were in stock (not all sizes were) and subsequently ordered the shoes that day and awaited a shipping notification to ensure that they would be delivered before Christmas. I waited for notification of shipping until December 21st, 2016 and decided to call as I had not received a follow-up email. I made contact with a company phone representative who assured me that they would be shipped out that day and I would then receive delivery information.

This morning, December 23rd, 2016, I received an email that my three orders had been cancelled as they were now out of stock. I replied via email with dialogue similar to what I am writing now and received no response. I then called the company and was less than pleased with their canned response. I dislike shopping to begin with and do much of my Christmas shopping online to avoid hassles like these, now two days before Christmas I am left with very few alternatives. Either I head to the mall or online to Zappos, an online company that I have used numerous times before with no issues.

Bought a hat off of eBay from them. Order never asked size info. I immediately emailed them size requirement of Large. Next day I get an order confirmation for a size XL. I called and they said I have to wait until I receive and then request return. Well they want me to pay return and restocking. The customer service was so bad I have taken the time to actually write a bad review which is something I never do. They seem to have a decent line of products. Too bad about the customer service.

When I found this website online I thought I had scored big. My daughter has been wanting twinkle toes for Christmas so I find this website and order her shoes. I ordered these shoes on Dec 11th which should give plenty enough time for the shoes to have arrived but from the time I put the order in I had not received any emails. I called numerous amount of times and was told the same thing by all the reps, they will ship in 1 to 5 days... they finally shipped this past Thursday Dec 15th but have not moved at all from where they are since receiving notice that they shipped.

These shoes are coming from California, the same place my daughter's cell phone shipped from and I received that phone in 2 days. There should be no reason that I keep receiving the run around when these shoes are shipping from the U.S. I have never seen such unprofessionalism, and such slowness from a company ever. Now I don't even know if my daughter will receive these shoes by Christmas which just pisses me off because I gave this company more than enough time to get my daughter's shoes shipped to me in a timely manner. If you care at all about time, customer service, promptness, I would not buy from this company. I will NEVER buy from this company again!

I had ordered Clarks shoes from Shoebuy.com but because of not able to have a proper fit I returned to them. I understand that refund comes within 3-5 business days after the product has reached to the seller but even after 10 days my refund was not issued and when I called them they are like we are putting an investigation and it will take at least 1-10 business days and you will get your refund after the investigation is complete. And also they charge you shipping charges. Common, how come someone is sure that shoes are going to fit them properly or not. Same is the case with skullcandy.com. Don't buy from these companies instead, go with amazon.com which gives you a complete 100% customer satisfaction.

I ordered a backpack through Walmart.com and Shoebuy was the "seller". When I took the backpack out of the box, the zipper for the main compartment was broken. I immediately tried to return it through Walmart.com and they forwarded me to Shoebuy.com. I emailed Shoebuy asking for a refund as per instructions on the Walmart site but received no answer after several days. I called Shoebuy customer service and they said they would email me a return shipping label. However, when I printed out the email with instructions, I noticed they deduct $6.95 from the refund amount for a "restocking fee". This amount is about 25% of the total cost of the backpack. I could see a restocking fee if I returned item for no cause, but they shipped me a damaged backpack. Ridiculous. Awful seller, awful customer service. It's unconscionable a reputable retailer like Walmart allows Shoebuy to sell on their site.

I won't go in to my bad experience with this company but I will say that their shipping and handling process is the worst in the business!!! And I can't say that any stronger than I am!!! It took them 10 days to ship out a pair of mens Dr. Martens. I am not one to let this kind of crap slide so I was on them daily after about 5 days after I ordered wondering what was going on. Same excuses from every CSR, so I'd escalate to a supervisor and they'd try the same thing. They kept wanting me to cancel my order so I'd get out of their hair but I wasn't going to let them off that easy and I told them just that!!! They have good coupon sales but it's really not with it, they completely don't give a ** about the consumer after the money has changed hands. Do yourself a favor and go to Zappos or Amazon. You may pay a little more but you won't deal with the incompetency that is SHOEBUY!!!

Ordered a pair of shoes for a college student out of state. They were too big so we attempted to exchange them. Terrible customer service means we now are stuck with an expensive pair of unwearable shoes! Use other online shoe stores, not Shoebuy!!

Nov 25th I ordered boots for my daughter for Christmas. 2 weeks later & the order's still "processing". I just called Shoebuy & was told they're backed up with Black Friday orders & I need to give them another 72 hours to process it! That's 17 days from ordering until shipping! I was told if it's not shipped by then, to call back. I asked how long it'll take to get here after it's shipped. I was told 7 to 10 days. No more waiting! Next, I searched for the same boots online & found them on Zappos with guaranteed shipping within 24 hours & 3 to 5 days to reach destination... So I called Shoebuy back to cancel my order & was told NO. They don't take the payment off the buyer's card until they ship & I used a Green Dot card, so I just took my money off my card so they can't take it! What a horrible company!!!

I am an AVID review reader when it comes to a new purchase. WHY I didn't read these reviews first is beyond me. I guess I just wanted the hubby to get the boots he wanted for Christmas. I placed my order on 11/22. I read the 5 day processing but thought I have plenty of time to still have them in by Christmas. I got ONE confirmation email from them shortly after my order was placed. I've heard NOTHING since. I called them on 11/30 for an update and she told me it should ship by the next day.... NOTHING.

I called again on 12/6 and was told because I had a PO box in my address (even though I had my physical address on it. I have to include my PO box in case it goes to the post office b/c they will refuse it without it) it took a little longer but should ship by the next day. It's now 12/8 and I've still heard nothing. At this point I'm pretty sure I'll be cancelling the order and going somewhere to get something similar. Long story short... If you really could care less when you get the shoes, have at it. If you need them this season when they are still popular, you may as well hang it up.

Updated on 01/03/2017: I continued to call the company weekly (sometimes twice a week) until December 20th. The gentleman I spoke to this night made it all clear as he smirked and laughed telling me he couldn't cancel my order and he didn't know when it would ship that was not getting the boots by Christmas, if ever. I never did call back until today, January 3rd, when I called to cancel my order. I had hoped after the rush of the holiday season they would calm down and ship the boots. It never happened. The lady I spoke with today didn't ask me why I wanted to cancel or try and save the order or anything. I was on the phone with her less than a minute. I told her I wanted to cancel my order, she ask for my order number and name and said she would 'put in the request to cancel my order and I would get an email when that went through.'

Meanwhile there is nothing the bank can do either as far as putting a hold on any amount they try to process. The only good thing I can say about this company is luckily they don't take your money until the shoes ship because I can't imagine the time I would have trying to get money back from them. Lesson learned. People, please understand all these reviews are legitimate! Don't waste your time with this company.

I bought a pair of very expensive Ecco shoes and try them on in the house, walked around and found the toe box too small. I promptly called to Shoebuy to get help with return. Today I received the shoe box back and an explanation that they were worn and couldn't be returned. I called Shoebuy and talked with someone in customer service and she gave me the runaround. I hung up very angry and I swore I would never buy shoes from this company again!!! They are obnoxious and don't want business. STAY AWAY from Shoebuy!!!

I purchased 3 pair of Yoga pants from Amazon.com. Upon receiving the pants, I did not like the fit. I called Shoebuy customer service and asked them if I can ship back the pants in another bag for returns. They said No, I need to ship in the exact Shoebuy box that they were sent in. I did use their same box. I packed up everything with tags and returned the pants unworn to Shoebuy. I also included my Amazon receipt with all info. I checked my credit card for returns and was only credited back for one pair of yoga pants. I called relentlessly and spoke to various customer service reps and managers. I also emailed regularly asking for my refund. I asked Amazon to help and they said they would. In-between I continued to call and speak to customer service reps and managers who continued to say that I had been credited back for all 3 pair of pants.

After weeks of emails and calls, I finally told Shoebuy that I was calling CHASE Visa credit card bank to dispute my return. After this email, Shoebuy finally wrote me back that they would be 'crediting me back' for the two pair of yoga pants. They finally also apologized. This is the worst customer service I've ever had with any company ordering online. I do not think they are based in the United States. I will never buy from this vendor again.

Ordered a pair of boots, to my surprise I received the box but it was empty. I called the company spoke to 3 different people. Last one was a guy by the name of James **. He wouldn't give me his last name. I asked for a refund. They told me I would have to wait 5 days for UPS to come to my home and inspect my box which is freaking empty, what are they going to find in an empty box. They also place my order again and charged my CC again. Now I'm out of $300.00 dollars and an empty box. Never order from this company again. They are a bunch of rip offs. I wish I had read all these reviews.

Let's just say they do not offer the same customer service as Zappos. I have purchased more than $1000 worth of shoes over the last few years and they DID NOT BUDGE with their 60 day return policy. I missed the deadline by 2 weeks. I asked to send back a pair of boots that I purchased for my daughter who lives out of town. The boots are still in season. I stated in my request I would be happy accepting store credit. They would not make any accommodations. I am stuck. I will never purchase from them again.

My husband ordered a pair of pants and 2 tops on Oct 27th. The 2 tops arrived in 1 week. The pants still had not been delivered after 3 weeks. We called and were told they would look into it and get back to us. A week later no return call. The pants have still not shipped. They refuse to give us a refund. Don't order from these people. Also, today I came home from work to find a box with 2 pairs of boots from this company. The shoes were meant for someone in another state. I am being told I have to print out a return slip that they will email me and drop the package off at UPS!!! They clearly do not have their act together!!

Their customer service has definitely taken a nose dive down the drain. I have never been rejected for a refund for some shoes I do not want. They claim I wore it... Well hell yes I tried it on. How does a person decide whether a shoe is for them or not without trying them on? I found out they were very uncomfortable, returned them and this sham of a company stated that it can't be returned because they were used. WTH!! If I tried on a shoe at the store to make sure they were ok I wouldn't be charged. Think twice before you deal with an online company especially this one. FAIL AND NEVER WILL SHOP there again. Whatever you buy you are stuck with. I rather pay them the $7 than keep these awful $100 shoes I don't want.

These brainless losers sent me the wrong shoe and want to argue about it. They also want to charge me a restocking fee. Would hate to live in whatever miserable lowlife city, these uneducated bums live. They will rip you off!!! Try Zappos, a company that will not screw you over, then harass you over their mistake!!! Shoebuy bum employees love to deny any mistakes they made!!! Because they are losers, they will call you a liar for their retarded amusement!!! Ghetto run company. Do not support them.

I ordered boots as a birthday gift for my daughter and was assured they would arrive in time. When 4 days had passed and they still were being processed, I called and canceled the order. 3 days later it still showed the order as being processed. I called to make sure the order really had canceled. It had not. Even though it still is being processed a week later, I was told I now cannot cancel it and when they arrive I will be charged $6.95 return postage to ship item back. Very poor service!

I ordered two pairs of shoes in Oct. I wore the above pair three times. The shoe split on the side on the third wear. I called on 11/11 and spoke to Gabriel. She said the shoe was out of stock, but she would replace it with a black pair of the other shoe ordered at no charge. At no time did she say I would be charged until I returned the defective pair. I checked my account only to see a pending charge of $84.93.

I spoke with Regina today only to be told she saw where I had been refunded the amount for the shoe. She would not listen when I told her I did not see that on my account. She repeated the same info over. I told her I did not want the replacement shoe and to stop the pending amount, she then said I would be charged a restocking fee. Really for an out of stock, torn shoe! After 45 minutes on the phone she transferred me to her supervisor. I was on hold for him x2. He finally answered and explained why I had been charged. He said I would be charged until I return the shoes.

I was planning to buy a pair of shoes for my mother's birthday. I purchased on Shoebuy.com three weeks ahead of time. After about two weeks, the shoes arrived but the shoes were defective. I immediately called the customer service about my situation, and after talking with three very rude agents, they asked me to order another new pair and use expedite shipping, just for making my deadline. The agent clearly said the expedite shipping can arrive in three days.

However, the second pair was shipped out with ordinary shipping, which was too late. I talked with a manager and then maybe a senior manager on the phone, and they still refuse to do anything to solve my problem. In the end, I have to give my mom the defective shoes as the gift. The agents/managers are quite rude and are not willing to solve the problem. Their shoes are defective too. Do not buy on their website. They sell the shoes cheaper for a reason - they are defective and the customer service is the worse in the world!

Order shoes & within an 1/2 hr really less time than that. I called cust service and spoke with Crystal to change the size I had originally ordered. She confirmed that my change was done while I was on the phone with her. I had also sent an email to cust. ser. And it took 3 days for a response but was confirmed that the situation was taken care of. Yesterday 11/2/16 lo and behold I rec'd the incorrect size shoe that was confirmed that it was changed. Called C/S this morning and notes in the order say that it was too late to change it so that is why. Long story short I asked for expedited shipping. No they can't–something about a bandwidth (supervisor Mrs **) oh yeah no first name with her... so I'm told takes 5 days to process orders but they couldn't & didn't change my order. So basically Mrs ** said "Well I will work with billing dept to get the same price." Really? Can't expedite because it take 5 days to process and they come from Florida to Woburn, MA.

Really? Why does that take over 10 days? If I didn't want these shoes so much I would not have reordered from them. Now to see if they credit me in a timely manner. Unbelievable lack of customer service, honesty and policy and I think I would rather pay more than listen to the incorrect information they spew to cover their policies or lack thereof. No integrity. Oh another thing they said is that when I changed the size-again like I said, less than 1/2 hour there is no guarantee. What??? Pretty disappointing and onward and upward... they did send a return label... I'm going to make sure my order # is all over that return. I do not trust these folks. It will be interesting to follow and see if they honor the original pricing–I’m not trusting them at all on this–but will follow up and take it a step further if need be. It’s the principle you know!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Shoebuy was established in 2000 and became a subsidiary of IAC in 2006. The online retailer focuses on men’s, women’s and children’s shoes but also sells clothing and accessories for the whole family. It offers a wide variety of styles, brands and sizes.

• Low-price guarantee: Shoebuy guarantees that consumers can find the lowest price on their website. If, after making a purchase, a customer finds the same shoe at a different retailer for a lower price, ShoeBuy will refund the price difference. Consumers should review the full terms and conditions on the company’s website.
  • Size options: Shoebuy prides itself on offering extended sizes in as many shoes as possible. Consumers can search the company’s website for women’s sizes between 4 and 13. The site also sells wide and narrow widths and wide-calf boots.
  • Shipping: Shipping is free on all orders shipped to the United States. No minimum amount is required to qualify for free shipping.
  • Returns: If an item doesn’t look or fit as expected, customers in the United States can exchange it for free. Returns for store credit are also free, but money-back returns will incur a restocking fee. Those outside the United States must pay for return shipping.
  • Best for Shoebuy carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for those looking for a wide variety of shoes in all sizes, including hard-to-find fits.

Compare Shoes Online