Shoebuy.com

Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Wow I tell you I hate spending my money at places that don't care about their customers. I bought 7 pair of shoes and 3 of them were too small so I called and spoke directly to an agent to get an exchange (not refund). I wanted to make sure that the shoes I wanted were in my size. The agent verified that the size was in stock and I was good to go. The agent sent me a label for my package and off they went. Well to my disbelief I get an email stating that the shoes I ordered on the phone with an agent were out of stock now so they politely changed my order from a exchange to a refund and then charged me a 6.95 return fee!!! **. I asked them why was I being charged for a refund when it was clear I wanted an exchange? All they kept saying (rudely mind you) was that they have a restock fee on returns and since my shoe was out of stock it became an return.

I asked 5 different agents and a supervisor why no one called me and asked me did I want another color or shoe before processing me a refund and charging me 7.00 per shoe fee? Yes you guessed it. NO RESPONSE!! WHEN I TOLD THEM, "JUST FORGET IT. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK THEN" and of course they refused. Said wait the 10 days and then call and replace another order and if I don't reorder in 10 days I will forfeit my return???!!! Then they go on to tell me that if I place another order and they don't have my size again I will be charged another 6.95! ** BS!!! Find another way to get your shoes.

I ordered 2 pairs of Sporthill Men's XC Pants, black, Medium Long. They were too long. The sizing chart was incorrect. I processed the return thru Amazon who said Shoebuy would send me return instructions within 2 days. That was two weeks ago. No response. So if you are not absolutely sure what you order from Shoebuy will fit... DON'T ORDER FROM THEM.

I purchased a pair of shoes from ShoeBuy because they were the cheapest price. First, it took three weeks to receive my order. In 2017, what company takes three weeks to ship a product? You can order from Amazon and get it the same day - with free shipping. When I finally got my shoes, I wasn't sure if I was happy with them. The fit was a little off and they were very stiff and uncomfortable. Shoes are something you need to actually wear to determine how the fit will be. Sometimes, they just need broken in.

After wearing the shoes, I realized they are not going to work. Of course, ShoeBuy won't exchange them because they've been worn. That is a pretty unrealistic expectation. The brand of shoe is Keen, which I've worn for 10 years. I even contacted Keen, who takes back worn shoes, and they wouldn't take them back because they were purchased elsewhere. Now, I've wasted $100. I wish companies would stand behind the product and/or offer realistic return/exchange policies. Never again will I purchase from ShoeBuy.

Customer service wonderful, I called Shoebuy.com. Customer service rep was absolutely phenomenal. He was kind. He was very helpful. His name is Johnny **. I bought a pair of Naot shoes. They were too small. I talked to Johnny. He sending me a return label and he was kind enough to put an order in for a different size and was even able to find a discount. I appreciate his time. He has great customer service. Thank you Shoebuy.com.

After I cancelled my order they shipped the item anyway. I returned to sender immediately. More than 2 months later and they will not acknowledge the refund I am entitled to. Many emails to attempt to correspond with them go unanswered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoebuy.com?

I'm a first time buyer from Shoebuy. I order 4 pair of shoes Sunday and I receive today (Thursday). Only 4 days. That's great service. I was very hesitant due to all the negative reviews. But all shoes fit and they all are the right color. This was a great experience for me. I will continue to be a customer until further notice. Thanks Shoebuy for your great service. I'm very satisfied.

This was definitely the worst online shoe buying experience we've ever had. It took a long time to receive the shoes. We had to call customer service, waited for 30 minutes, then the agent ("Marwick") was rude and unhelpful. We responded with kindness, but he appeared to not want to be at work that day. We will never buy shoes from this business again. There is a reason there are hundreds of negative reviews for this company.

I bought these boots from Shoebuy for my girlfriend for Christmas. They were defective and the zipper didn't work. They have me the runaround for 3 months and then had the nerve to tell me I'd have to pay for the shipping to send them back. Customer service was rude and I never received my money back nor did I receive any email to send them back. I would not recommend Shoebuy to anyone. ** products. ** service. And the kicker? They don't even care.

I ordered and received a pair of shoes specifically for diabetic charcot feet. Paid for and received item which with a simple look at would not fit my feet. Returned the item untouched. Was charged a $6.95 restocking fee. Any company I have ever ordered items that are required to fit have never charge a fee for unused items returned. I paid an upcharge for expedited shipment and I am not requesting anything back on that because that was a decision I made. The $6.95 however was never authorized by me and Shoebuy does not have my authority to keep my money without due process. I followed every step and every letter of the policy in my return and yet the predatory practices of Shoebuy.com led them to remove money from my PayPal account without my authorization or permission.

Ordered a pair of shoes at 25% off. One shoe came in with two different color leathers (very close in color). Called customer service – had to wait over 20 minutes to reach an agent. I wanted an even exchange – no such thing. Would have to have them examine the shoes to ensure that my complaint was correct and then I would get a refund and I would have to place another order – of course it would not be at 25% off even thought they said that. I don't know how they would do that online. I cancelled the order since they can't do an even exchange in an expedient manner. In addition the agent was very rude. Bought from them before but they have changed. Never again.

After years of buying from Shoebuy, I'm DONE. The company used to be like Zappos - free shipping and free returns. No more. $6.95 restocking fee even if an associate tells you "You won't be charged restocking fee!" They flat out lie and charge this ridiculous fee. And, I get emails saying 20% or 30% off which used to be GREAT. USED TO BE. More and more brands are not honoring these discounts. The company has become a joke. And they don't give a damn about their customers. They are ALWAYS right even when they're wrong! Stay away! Don't buy anything from them. I predict they're going to disappear soon anyway. No company in 2017 can treat customers this poorly.

Put my order in, waited patiently for it to arrive. It did in 3 separate packages and on different days. Ok no problem. But my ordered skirt was not included. They sent a camisole instead. They had one number on tag on camisole and another number on bag. Trying to get my order corrected, they no longer have the skirt in my size and want to charge $6.95 restocking fee for me to return camisole??! For their mistake. Trying to get help on the phone was ludicrous. I sent 2 emails and have heard nothing back so disputed with my CC. Waiting for CC to rule in my favor. Their 'free shipping and free returns' is pretty much a lie. There's always a $6.95 restocking fee per item per return. I will never ever do business with them again.

I ordered a pair of women's boots of size 6. I got a size 8. I emailed them twice. Never a reply. I called. They put me on hold for half a hour. I gave up and paid $7 return fee to send the boots back. It took several weeks to get a refund. Avoid this company!

I ordered a pair of shoes from Shoe Buy. They were shipped to an overseas address, no problem with the shipping. When I received them, they were too small. Instead of waiting the company to send a return label 3-4 weeks and shipping them back another 3-4 weeks, I brought them home with me. I called the company to request a return shipping label. The person that I spoke with said that it was not possible to send a label to a different address and that I would have to pay the return postage as well as the restocking fee. There was no way to have them pay the return postage. I contacted customer service, via e-mail, and never got a response. NEVER AGAIN, WISH I HAD READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY.

In the middle of returning shoes for a refund to onlineshoes.com, they were bought out by Shoebuy.com. However, there was no acknowledgment of this buyout by shoebuy.com, all of the returns to onlineshoes.com during the transition just magically disappeared. What a convenient scam. I've been charged for shoes that shoebuy.com is now re-selling to someone else!

I called four times to obtain a return label that was valid. Quite possibly the most incompetent people I've dealt with. Terrible customer services. It takes 10 days to receive product. Very poorly managed company and customer service.

I ordered a size 38 regular in the Dansko Professional clogs, they sent me a size 38 wide. While I can understand the confusion, I emailed to get some clarification on how to return properly. I never received a response. I then called and was on hold for over 45 minutes. I was okay with them sending me the correct pair, but of course they had to charge me first... which is outrageous. However, I complied just to get the shoes I desperately need for work.

I received my new shoes and NO RETURNS shipping label. I called AGAIN and was told that I would take a 7 to 10 day waiting period for the label to be shipped out because they had no record of the return at all. I asked if they could expedite the shipping label, and I was told, "No, because the shipping label takes times to print out." (It took them time to print out the label for the second pair of shoes and I already received them, so I am not understanding their logic.) I asked to speak with a supervisor, waited for 10 minutes on hold, only to be told that the supervisor was too busy to take my call and that there were no changes made at all. So here I am, stuck with two pairs of shoes, one being wrong, and I only ordered one pair from the get-go. NOT TO MENTION, THIS WAS THEIR FAULT!!!

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from this company. The first pair took a week to receive though it was only the next state over. They ended up being too small and had to return them. The refund took two weeks and numerous phone calls to get. The 2nd pair ended up fitting thankfully. The slow shipping and the return fees are a joke. This company is a absolute joke. Please avoid at all cost. Spend more money at other places and have a easier process.

Purchased a pair of shoes that did not fit. Followed instructions on website to return by emailing for an RA authorization. After waiting for 3 days with no response I called asking for an RA. Shoes were returned and I paid for shipping. What is really outrageous here is their 20% 'restocking charge'. Seriously? Shoes were never worn and returned as quickly as I could. The shoes I never wore cost me $28 plus shipping. This company is a total rip off.

This place is horrible. I ordered two pairs of shoes, which I did not receive yet, but after charging me for the two pairs they also charged me for another pair that I did not order and I cannot get anyone on the phone after six calls. Just on hold forever and I sent two e-mails with no reply at all. I will never order from Shoebuy again. How can they run a business like this? I don't want to give them any stars. Now I have to call my bank and dispute the charge.

I purchased a pair of shoes but the size was wrong, and I wanted to exchange it for the correct one. Shoebuy did not have it so I returned in accordance with their highly advertised FREE RETURNS. They did NOT refund the full purchase amount, but instead withheld $6.95 as a "restocking fee." This was NOT DISCLOSED, and is in direct violation of their FREE RETURNS advertisement. I have contacted them and they refuse to honor their contract with me. I want to warn others about this false advertisement.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I purchased two sets of shoes from this company online, one brown pair and one black, I returned the black pair within the week that I received them, unknowingly, I returned the black shoes in the "brown shoe box". I was never contacted or received any confirmation in my email so I called after 2 1/2 weeks to inquire about my refund, after two days of getting the runaround they finally informed me they had received my return and already restocked the black shoes but would not refund my money until I returned the shoe box that the black shoes came in. I was never notified of the mix up but they did offer to send me a return label so I could return the empty box. I had to filed a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back.

I bought a pair of boots, tried them on in the house after removing the tags- too small. Sent them back. Received them back 1 week later as they refused to accept them because they were allegedly "worn, dirty." I called to complain about this and I was told that the warehouse took pictures of the boots, and that they would send me the pictures via email on x numbers of hours. Yeah, pretty much calling me a liar. I bought the boots via PayPal, so I'm going to see if I can open up a case against them. Oh, they are SO gonna hear from me!

These people don't deserve even one star. I ordered and tried to cancel so I can order the correct size less than an hour later and they said they couldn't cancel it. Needless to say I will never order from them again. Worse customer service ever.

I had purchased a pair of boots as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, they did not fit. I contacted ShoeBuy to find out how I can exchange them. I was informed I can exchange them and be charged for the boots and they will credit my account once the original boot is returned. My other option is to return the boot and re-purchase the boot, I would also be charged a re-stocking fee. Originally, when I ordered the shoe, the charge was not posted when the transaction was completed, rather weeks later! I do not trust this company to complete their end of a transaction timely, or trust them to return my money timely. I am returning the boot and will be looking into another company to purchase said boot.

I have placed 4 orders in the past two months. I returned the 1st order (2 pairs) and did not get a refund for a couple of weeks after the return. I ordered 2 more pairs of shoes, and did not get the re-stocking fee and had to call about this and it took a couple of weeks for this to be posted. I sent one of the 2 pairs back with the enclosed USPS mailing label and waited for the refund to post (the shoes came from and were sent back to Nordstrom). I called to follow up on this as it never posted and they said they have no paper trail and cannot help if there isn't a tracking #. Well I sent those off at a mailing center and they just placed the box on their pile of USPS to be picked up in an hour. So, they are saying that I will not get a refund unless I find the number. Just received another order and the L shoe is defective. I love shoes and thought I found a great place to shop. OH Boy, I should have done research. The shoes that I returned were Vionic sneakers.

I purchased a pair of Hi-8 Vans for my daughter for Christmas. They did not fit so I contacted them about a return. Simple process, printed label and sent back. HOWEVER several weeks later instead of a refund I received the same pair of shoes back. Assuming it was an error I contacted them hoping to receive a new shipping label. I was informed that my return would not be accepted and I would not be getting a refund because I taped the shipping label directly to the shoe box and now it was considered "damaged". The shoes are never worn, tags still on and the only damage to the box is a small amount of tape residue and now I am stuck with a $60 pair of shoes that don't fit. I spoke to 2 separate people and neither was helpful. And, for the record they charge a $6.95 restocking fee which I find ridiculous. Very disappointed. I won't be back.

In Oct 2016, I purchased a pair of Trotters shoes from ShoeBuy; they did not fit well. I contacted Shoebuy Customer Service in Nov 2016 to request a return label. The label was sent via email however I could not print the label. I contacted Shoebuy again in Nov, told customer service rep about inability to print label. Rep stated because the shoes came from another source, cannot print label "look for it in the mail".

In Dec 2016 contacted Shoebuy again, told customer service rep did not receive return label via mail. Rep stated I could not return the shoes, have exceeded the 60 days return policy. I informed the ShoeBuy rep contacted ShoeBuy twice within 30 days of purchase waiting for the return label. Rep confirmed my previous contacts, noted on my acct. The Rep report would review request and placed me on hold. ShoeBuy rep came back on the line, report would make an exception and physically mail me a return label "look for it in the mail within 7 to 10 days.

I called ShoeBuy today, Jan 18, because return label was not received. ShoeBuy rep report, return label was not mailed because surpassed the 60 days policy. The Rep was able to confirm all my attempts to get a return label from company. BUYER BEWARE!!! ShoeBuy did not send me a return label after multi request. They have my money. I have shoes that I can't wear. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY, IT'S A SCAM!!!

Shoebuy incorrectly shipped a product I ordered to an old address on file, even though the confirmation email had my current correct address on it. I only discovered the error after I tracked my shipment when it didn't arrive promptly. I have called Shoebuy 4 times to remedy the problem and, although they admit fault, they have yet to fix the problem. They told me they would not re-route the package. Rather, they would issue a full refund. They did not issue the full refund within 3-5 business days as promised. Instead, they issued a refund less a restocking fee (!) when the new owners of the residence happened to kindly return the shoes.

I called again, and the representative claims that there was no documentation about the full refund (contrary to the last rep saying the issue was fully documented). After demanding a supervisor, they agreed to refund the restocking fee within 3-5 business days. I did not actually get to speak to a supervisor and they would not give me a confirmation number.

I bought my daughters Vans for Christmas from ShoeBuy. Biggest mistake. I returned a pair in the box I got them from. Called. They got them. Said I would get my refund once Paypal did their part. Little did I know that was a lie. So Paypal started a case against them (love PayPal). Any way got home Monday and the shoes I returned were back here at my house. They said they couldn't resell because of damaged box.

Little do they know I took pictures. Box wasn't damaged so I called. They said they would email me a postage to return them. Wait 24 to 48 hours to get it so I did. Nothing came. Called again, "Ok we will send it again", confirming my email. Once again still nothing. Called for the 3rd time. "Oh sorry. We aren't emailing you a return. You can't return them." Really you told me twice you would from 2 different people. Now you taking it back. Who does that to a customer? I guess Shoebuy. Asked to speak to a manager, "Oh he's busy. Can he call you within the hour?" Did I expect a call? No. So I printed out a return label for one of the shoes I ordered on the same order and sent them back. Worst company ever.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Shoebuy was established in 2000 and became a subsidiary of IAC in 2006. The online retailer focuses on men’s, women’s and children’s shoes but also sells clothing and accessories for the whole family. It offers a wide variety of styles, brands and sizes.

• Low-price guarantee: Shoebuy guarantees that consumers can find the lowest price on their website. If, after making a purchase, a customer finds the same shoe at a different retailer for a lower price, ShoeBuy will refund the price difference. Consumers should review the full terms and conditions on the company’s website.
  • Size options: Shoebuy prides itself on offering extended sizes in as many shoes as possible. Consumers can search the company’s website for women’s sizes between 4 and 13. The site also sells wide and narrow widths and wide-calf boots.
  • Shipping: Shipping is free on all orders shipped to the United States. No minimum amount is required to qualify for free shipping.
  • Returns: If an item doesn’t look or fit as expected, customers in the United States can exchange it for free. Returns for store credit are also free, but money-back returns will incur a restocking fee. Those outside the United States must pay for return shipping.
  • Best for Shoebuy carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for those looking for a wide variety of shoes in all sizes, including hard-to-find fits.

Compare Shoes Online