Last updated: March 15, 2016

3 ShadesDaddy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 15, 2016

It has been 20 days since I made an order on Shadesdaddy.com and they charged my credit card immediately. However, there has been absolutely no update despite the fact that I sent three emails to their support email and tried calling them. Their website says phone support is not available and I have no idea how else to contact them other than sending emails, which they do not reply. Please stay away from this website. I have no idea how to get back my money or my product.

Original review: June 14, 2010

I ordered Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses from ShadesDaddy. When the sunglasses arrived, they appeared scratched and worn. I notified customer service and was given return instructions. The glasses were shipped straight back to me. The company now says the glasses have been used and cannot be returned. They were sent to me used. That was the whole point. I am also taking these to the local sunglass place for an expert opinion. They don't look authentic. They also kept my original receipt that was sent with my return. I've paid $218.50 for glasses that are not wearable and another $12 to return them.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2009 I purchased a pair of sunglasses because they claim they are cheap and they offer free shipping on order over $99.99. But the order went missing and I called them numerous times to find the item. But I was given the run around from the same customer service rep. So now they claimed I received the order (which I have not) & they refuse to resend the item (which I paid $111.60) and they do not offer refunds. So I am really frustrated because they claimed I should have purchased insurance for the item being shipped and my logic is, why would I purchase insurance on something I am not paying a shipping cost on. Its a scam.

ShadesDaddy.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boutique online retailer Shades Daddy sells a comprehensive line of eyewear with a focus on outdoor wearables. Based in Miami, their product line is full of guaranteed authentic brand name and designer sunglasses.

• Sunglasses galore: If the name didn't give it away, this retailer sells a lot of sunglasses, including the designer brands.

• Returns accepted: Not every brand is available for return, and there may be a restocking fee, but buyers have 15 days to try out a new pair before returning it in a new, unused condition for a refund or exchange.

• Shop by lifestyle: Shop for glasses and filter by sport or other lifestyle considerations, making it easy to discard frames that won't fit with a particular activity.

• Free shipping: All standard shipping within the U.S. is free with Shades Daddy.

• From designer to discount: Get the top name designer brands or discount shades priced under $30, all in one, convenient online store.

• Best for: Teens and Professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs