Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5 ShadesDaddy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 24, 2018

I ordered a pair of Ray-Ban Aviator for my vacation to the Cayman Islands and got here much faster than expected! Super fast shipping to say the least! Plus they have great customer service. I had a question about the sizing and they were able to match me with the perfect pair that complimented my face shape. I would highly recommend this site to anyone looking for a great pair of sunnies! Lovin' ShadesDaddy.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I bought a pair of Ray Ban Justin (with a 15% off coupon, which was cool) on April 22nd. They charged me immediately (understandable) and I was told I would be notified when the sunglasses shipped. My sunglasses were eventually shipped on May 17th, which is 19 business days (almost a month!) after I bought them. The sunglasses were shipped via USPS and took AN ADDITIONAL MONTH to reach me. According to their shipping policy... "INTERNATIONAL ORDERS CAN TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 5 DAYS TO 2 WEEKS TO ARRIVE." They then imply that should the order take any longer than that to reach you it is not their fault and probably due to customs hold-ups. Hmmm. Unfortunately, USPS does not provide any updates once the parcel is outside the US so the link I was sent to info about my package revealed absolutely nothing. I guess that's not really ShadesDaddy's fault, but at the end of the day their delivery times are horrendous.

I don't understand what the logistical issues are with ShadesDaddy, but there certainly are some. In many respects they're simply a broker offering competitively priced sunglasses via an online portal. Nothing wrong with that, per se, but once the sale is made I really think they need to get their act together and get product to consumer more efficiently. Maybe that means getting the sunglasses shipped directly to me from Europe (or wherever they're sourcing them)? I certainly don't see any reason why they need to order in the sunglasses to their base in Florida and then ship them out again. That suggests to me that they don't seem to actually have anything in stock - or at least not what I have bought.

Their model is that you buy it then they go get it for you. Once they have it they'll send it to you. Hmmm. It feel kinda fishy to me, like there's a lack of transparency (ironic for a sunglasses company). At the very least they seem to have a really sloppy inventory management/logistics strategy. In summary... I did get my sunglasses and they were in perfect condition and they were pretty helpful (kinda) when I contacted them. You just have to wait for an inordinate amount of time while they do whatever it is they're doing on the back end.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 15, 2016

It has been 20 days since I made an order on Shadesdaddy.com and they charged my credit card immediately. However, there has been absolutely no update despite the fact that I sent three emails to their support email and tried calling them. Their website says phone support is not available and I have no idea how else to contact them other than sending emails, which they do not reply. Please stay away from this website. I have no idea how to get back my money or my product.

Original review: June 14, 2010

I ordered Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses from ShadesDaddy. When the sunglasses arrived, they appeared scratched and worn. I notified customer service and was given return instructions. The glasses were shipped straight back to me. The company now says the glasses have been used and cannot be returned. They were sent to me used. That was the whole point. I am also taking these to the local sunglass place for an expert opinion. They don't look authentic. They also kept my original receipt that was sent with my return. I've paid $218.50 for glasses that are not wearable and another $12 to return them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2009

I purchased a pair of sunglasses because they claim they are cheap and they offer free shipping on order over $99.99. But the order went missing and I called them numerous times to find the item. But I was given the run around from the same customer service rep. So now they claimed I received the order (which I have not) & they refuse to resend the item (which I paid $111.60) and they do not offer refunds. So I am really frustrated because they claimed I should have purchased insurance for the item being shipped and my logic is, why would I purchase insurance on something I am not paying a shipping cost on. Its a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ShadesDaddy.com?

ShadesDaddy.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boutique online retailer Shades Daddy sells a comprehensive line of eyewear with a focus on outdoor wearables. Based in Miami, their product line is full of guaranteed authentic brand name and designer sunglasses.

• Sunglasses galore: If the name didn't give it away, this retailer sells a lot of sunglasses, including the designer brands.

• Returns accepted: Not every brand is available for return, and there may be a restocking fee, but buyers have 15 days to try out a new pair before returning it in a new, unused condition for a refund or exchange.

• Shop by lifestyle: Shop for glasses and filter by sport or other lifestyle considerations, making it easy to discard frames that won't fit with a particular activity.

• Free shipping: All standard shipping within the U.S. is free with Shades Daddy.

• From designer to discount: Get the top name designer brands or discount shades priced under $30, all in one, convenient online store.

• Best for: Teens and Professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs