Scootercatalog.com

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased EW36 Mobility Scooter from this company on April 15, 2015, and was to be shipped fully assembled and ride ready. The scooter arrived not assembled or ride ready as they advertised. After I complained they changed their ad and stated that it was my problem to get the scooter assembled. After I complained to the BBB, they lied about getting me help in getting this scooter fixed so that it can be safely ridden. They are unreliable and can not be trusted.

The owner of the company told me the four wheeler was perfect size for my 5 foot, 100 lb. special needs son - was so small, for a toddler. Called owner of company. He was rude. He refused to pay for return shipping, even though he lied about the product. Back rack was bent, told me it was my fault. It was too small. He wouldn't even let me talk without interrupting. I told him I was going to report him. He said he had plenty of business and didn't care. Such a disappointment. Was a Christmas gift. Sonora 350 Kids electric ATV.

Ordered Sonora 350 Watt 24 Volt Sonora Kids ATV with reverse. Advertised as 99% assembled. Showed up about 70% assembled needing shocks/struts and other parts to put on. Instructions were lousy and unhelpful. The foot pedal kill switch was totally missing, which was a very important reason why we bought this model to begin with. One of the headlights is broken and is hanging by a single screw (it does not fit the model and they attempted to glue it in place). The nuts and bolts were all loose inside the box. The worse part is my son is heart-broken that we cannot get it put together. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!! YOU CANNOT GET ANY LIVE PERSON WHEN YOU CALL AND NO ONE RESPONDS TO EMAILS!!!

Ordered a rear wheel for E300 Razor scooter. Website says it's for versions 1-35. They sent me rear wheel for version 36+. Called and spoke with so called "supervisor" who was rude and claimed all E300 Razor scooters are the same. Obviously this guy didn't know what he was talking about. He cut me off and said to return it. If Scootercatalog is reading this, your supervisor doesn't know anything about speaking with customers.

We are working towards resolving this issue.

D. of Kelowna, BC on

Original Review

I purchased a Q33 electrical scooter from Scooter Catalog. When the parcel arrived, the box was severely damaged, and I was really hesitant to sign for it, but the FedEx driver showed me that I was signing for "accepted but damaged" and told me I could file a claim if need be. When I opened the box, the cardboard was punky from having been stored in the damp or wet...one corner was still wet...the corners of the box looked sort of shredded like the cardboard layers were separating, and the sides had large, gaping holes.

The machine itself looked like someone had driven a forklift over one of the forks on the wheel assembly and dragged it along the ground grinding the paint off and leaving a rusty spot at the bottom of the fork. All of the hardware needed to attach the wheel assembly to the deck were missing, and I had to go to the hardware store to put it together.

It charged well, but the light on the charger did not go from red to green to indicate the charge was complete...no smart charger as advertised. It also held a charge really well, giving me to and from work rides for almost a week before recharging was needed. However, after it was plugged in at work, it charged for 1.5 hours and then shorted out and started smoking, and gave me a nasty shock when I unplugged it from the wall.

I have been in touch with these folks by email and have been accused of doing the damage to the scooter myself, told that the only real issue is the charger, been told nothing about replacing missing hardware, and have not been offered restitution for having to take it to the scooter store for a diagnostic on the controller, battery, wiring and charger.

Please do not deal with these people. I am now out the cost of the scooter ($1200), plus downtime, plus cost to have the experts at the scooter store repair it. Buying from these people is simply not worth the grief and additional expense.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Scootercatalog.com?

After ordering Dec. 16th, 2013 a RAZOR DUNE BUGGY and being told the item was in stock and would be shipped and arrive at my house in CA on Dec 20th, I found out after calling to confirm on Dec. 17th that the item was not even in stock!!! They had already charged my card and I asked for a refund and they refused... NEVER buy from Scootercatalog.com.

They charged my credit card and canceled my order and won’t refund my money! Just filed a complaint with the BBB. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE SCAMMERS!!!

Scooter ordered was damaged, incomplete and likely used. After several months of inconsistent parts and excuses, no refund could be obtained. Buyer beware. What you see is not what you'll get. These are not quality products and the business is on the verge of fraudulent.

I ordered a battery for my son's electric bike on 8/5/12. The confirmation email stated that the order would ship in 24-48 hours. I checked on the order on 8/8/12 and noticed it was on hold. I sent an email questioning this and never received a response. I then called and left a voice mail on 8/9/12 and 8/10/12 with no return call. I called again on 8/13/12 and finally talked to a very rude person with an accent. He told me they did reply to my email, I just didn't get it. He then proceeded to tell me the part I ordered in was not carried in stock anymore. Why is it listed on their website then?

I told him to cancel my order and refund my credit card. He then told me they did not receive the money that my credit card company had it. I told him to cancel the order and release my money immediately. He then hung up on me. When I called back, the calls went right to voice mail. This company is a scam. Do not order anything from them. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the next step is the local police for theft.

I ordered a rear tire for my son's Razor electric scooter E300 on November 23, 2011. I called on November 30, 2011 to see if the order had shipped because I hadn't received an email stating so. When I spoke to the guy, who had an accent, he told me that the tire wasn't in stock and they wouldn’t get it until December 9, 2011, which is when it will ship. So I immediately told him I wanted to cancel the order and he told me to send an email. I asked him for the email address and he told me to look on the website and he hung up in my face.

I sent an email stating that I wanted the order cancelled. About 30 minutes later, all of a sudden I receive an email saying the order had shipped. I called him back and ask him why was I told that the part wasn't in stock and he swore that I must have gave them the wrong order number and that he didn’t recall speaking to me at all. It had only been 30 minutes since he had spoken. He was really rude and trying to make me seem as if I had the wrong order number. I kept talking about the situation and for the second time, he hung up in my face again. I kept calling back and he kept letting my calls go to the voicemail! I would advise anyone not to do business with this company because they are very rude and lie a lot.

Beware of their product misrepresentation. I relied on their Web site product information and it was fraudulent:

1 The XB - 310Li electric bike reaches a Max. Speed of 16 MPH (with a 150 Lb. rider), not the 20+ MPH represented.
2 The charger supplied is not a smart charger as promised. It is a cheaper "dumb" charger requiring you to time how long it is charging, not an automatic as a smart charger is.
3 The headlight button is inoperable, the wires are dangling and not used, and the headlight supplied does not match the switch.

4 The manual is a complete joke. It is almost completely useless, and does not address many important issues about how the bike works. It obviously was not written or edited by a person who speaks English.

I ordered a scooter on this website in the beginning of May and it said it will ship middle of May. Then I didn’t get it in middle of May. So I was concerned and I called them. No one answered, so I sent an email, and then they responded saying the scooter will be delayed until beginning of April. So I said that’s fine, then they called me saying I can’t get the scooter until the end of June. I am so mad. They charged my credit card which the guy denied on the phone. He said they don’t charge until I get my scooter. I’m [upset] and I better get my money back. I paid a lot and I canceled the order yesterday. Don’t buy anything from this site. It’s a scam.

I purchased online through this website, two electric scooters that looks like motorcycles for my two sons. When I received the packages, the first one of the motorcycles was not the one I ordered, and second one of the motorcycles was broken all to pieces. I called this Peter guy who states he is the manager and owner of this store, and I told him that I received the wrong motorcycle, and that it had pieces broken all off of it.

He told me that the motorcycle that I requested was not a real one, that the picture was just used to show different angles of the ones that they have, that they do not carry that one. Then he said that I would have to take pictures of the broken pieces and send them to him, and he would send me some back to replace and fix it on my own, that he is not responsible for what FedEx broke, and that we could send it back, but we would have to pay shipping back to him and his shipping fee also. He was very rude and was not willing to help at all even though his site says 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed. He is a fake and a phony and I would not recommend anyone to buy from him. He will not make sure that the item that you purchased is in working order. Do not buy from this company!

I ordered a scooter from my son on the 18th of the month. After the initial confirmation email, there was no contact for a week. I grew concerned about it so emailed them with a screen print of my order as there was no info on their site about when it was to be shipped. I got no response, so I emailed a few days later with no response again. I called three separate occasions after that only to get voice mail. After no response at all, on the 31st, I got an email that it had been shipped.

It took 12 days to ship something out. I called them early in the day the next day and got someone on the phone. I complained to him about the time it took as well as the lack of response from them regarding the transaction. He was very rude and insulting and basically inferred that I was not telling the truth about the emails and calls. They guarantee 100 percent satisfaction, but they don't deliver on that. This company is horrible and should be prevented from doing business in this manner.

I ordered a Tango 3 wheeled scooter for my son for Christmas. It came and everything was fine. However, it was not the scooter my son requested. He had wanted a Razor Powerwing. He tried it in the driveway for less than 3 minutes and truly couldn't operate it. I felt horrible but noticed the 100% guarantee on the top of the home website. I emailed them and asked them how to go about returning the scooter. They simply said that they cannot take used merchandise back.

What a rip. I am truly unsatisfied and would love their guarantee to actually be upheld. I don't even mind paying the restocking fee, but they are telling me they can't do anything for me. Do not use this company; they are very unprofessional. I am usually a careful internet shopper but was so excited to find this scooter that I didn't read the website fully. I now notice that there is nowhere for reviews and now I know why. They want to cover-up the unsatisfied customers. What a waste! I have wasted $138.95 on something my child will never use.

The only part where I have a mild dissatisfaction was the delivery time. They told me to be at my house between 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. At 12:30 p.m., I started contacting the shipping company, but the shipping number provided was not in the shipping company's database. I called numerous times thinking this might be a fluke, but it wasn't. The delivery did show up, but at 1:30 p.m. It was very easy to put together and I had it up and running in one day (thanks also to a friend who helped me out).

I ordered an X-Treme X-360 from ScooterCatalog.com in December 2008. When we received the scooter, the charger didn't work. I called ScooterCatalog's sales department immediately after receiving the scooter and left messages. I continued to email and leave messages and never heard back. Fast forward to September 2009 and I finally get a hold of someone at ScooterCatalog. I explained what happened and he said it wasn't "his problem". I asked for a manager and he laughed and said he was the manager. I asked for his name and employee ID number and again he laughed and hung up on me.

I emailed the Customer Sales Department and I got the below responses back. After googling ScooterCatalog to find out more about them, I found out it is a business run out of someone's house which is a huge red flag. Also, other consumers have had the same problems I have. Please do not buy from this company. You will be ripped off.

After doing two seconds of research on the web, I realized you’re a scam. There were many, many customer complaints about you. I will make sure people realize your "business" is run out of your house. I have already contacted consumer complaints and I will be posting on every website your company comes up on my complaints and the fact you are a scam. It wouldn't have mattered if I had a warranty on the scooter - according to all the customer complaints you wouldn't return it anyway. It is my mission to make sure people are aware of what type of company you are.

ScooterCatalog customer service responded with: That will be a good free promotional campaign. Consequence: I had to buy a charger from another company and it cost $49.40.

I ordered a scooter on Dec. 19, 2008 for my son for Christmas. It arrived on Jan. 7, 2009. Upon opening the box, all exposed metal parts were rusted and the back fender was broken. I emailed customer service immediately and informed them that I would be calling UPS for the return due to the condition that I had received the item. On Jan. 8, 2009, Scooter Catalog customer service acknowledged my email and said there was nothing more they needed to give me and would await info from UPS. On April 22, my credit card company emailed me, saying Scooter Catalog was denying their claim for a refund of $399.00, saying they had never received the scooter back. I tracked it through UPS and their representative had signed for the scooter on Jan. 19th.

I then lodged a complaint against them on April 22 with BBB Online and now Scooter Catalog says they had refunded $361.00 to the credit card company, but had taken a 19% restocking fee as they had decided that I just had returned the scooter, because I did not want it and that they had not found any damage to it. Funny that first they said they had not received it, then they say they had received it but returned it to stock. What is the truth? They also said that UPS issued a claim check to me for the damage (I never received any check) and yet, they say there was no damage and they returned the scooter to stock. What is the truth? The claim still has not been resolved with BBB Online or with my credit card company.

I ordered a scooter for my 7-yr old son's birthday. It had training wheels and only drove around 3-5 mph. That was perfect for him. When it arrived, it was in perfect condition. My husband put the scooter (motorcycle) together. We charged the scooter overnight. When my son came home from school, he was so excited to ride it. He put his helmet on and off he went down the driveway, on the side walk, started to turn around at the next door neighbor's driveway and the seat fell off the scooter causing my son to fall off. Thankfully he had his safety gear on. He had a couple of bumps and bruises but he was fine.

We tried to put the seat back on but the back fender that it was connected to was broken (probably because of the fall). The scooter-motorcycle was very cheaply made. Also, the battery life could not even get the scooter back into the garage without me pushing it. I called the 1-800 number to tell them what had happened. Their website claims 100% satisfaction guaranteed. The man on the other end basically told me I was stuck with the scooter. He would not even offer to replace any parts nor return the scooter. We had a not-so-nice conversation on the phone. I asked to speak to the manager and he told me he was. I knew then I would get nowhere.

I called my credit card company and they put a temporary credit on my account. This was in Oct. One month later, O receive an email from Scootercatalog.com claiming they had no record of my complaint. After telling them what had happened (again) via email, they gave me the OK to return the scooter. I shipped to scooter with peanuts, and shipping wrap in a brand new box that cost me twenty dollars. The shipping cost me another 70 dollars. In all it cost me 100 dollars to ship this scooter. The scooter cost me 256 dollars.

When he received the scooter, he claimed that the training wheels were worn, the seat was missing and the charger was missing. All of that is a lie. I have no need for any of this stuff. Why would I spend 100 dollars to ship something and leave out these items?! By the way, UPS told me that the mailing address was a resident's. RED FLAG!!! He told my credit card company all of his little lies and they reversed the credit. In the end, he credited my account 150.00 dollars. He claimed restocking fee repairs, and missing items. I would not restock anything that could injure a child. I would pull it off the shelf and any other one out there like it. There were no missing items.

Recalling the first phone conversation I had with this person, I figured I would just swallow my losses and move on. I accidentally stumbled upon this website. I'm glad I did. Hopefully anybody out there who buys from Scootercatalog.com reads this first.

Scootercatalog.com Company Profile