Rackspace

Compare Private Cloud Hosting Providers

Research top Private Cloud Hosting Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have always found that Rackspace had good prices but not cheap. They have always offered more than just standard support and this has always been extremely important to me. It was worth going with them and not the cheaper alternatives! Their security services seem to be on top of any current hacker problems. We have always felt confident using them and so far no problems at all! Both their support and security seem to be on top of their game while some of the other providers yes are cheaper. Yes you can find cheaper however those providers seem to be running shoestring operations and not just in hiring overseas support staff but even some of Rackspace's competitors basic services seem to be thin. All of the services that we have used from Rackspace are almost always up and if for whatever reason they need to do maintenance it’s quick and they will let you know well beforehand so you can be aware of any problems.

Their site is very user friendly. Therefore I didn't ever have to contact their customer support for help. I'm sure if I would have had problems for any reason that they would have been more than willing to help. I love that it never required me to reset my password for any reason. Never experienced any sort of hack and the spam always worked great when filtering through the emails. It was a little slower when it would update to receive all the new emails that were coming in from different accounts. Seemed to work great with the wireless internet. Didn't have to refresh often. I like no push notifications.

As someone who's relatively new to the web and using web services, the customer service reps walked me through a lot of "basic" steps that I couldn't figure out on my own. They were incredibly patient as well. I have never had any security issues, in almost a year of me using this particular cloud hosting service. No hacks, or scams, nothing (which were a problem in my previous cloud host) and my site runs smoothly. It was completely worth the cost, and besides, I'd expected to pay within the range of $900-$2000 for my little website, so I knew what pricing to expect, and the product I got in return was amazing! When I switched over to Rackspace, on the advice of a friend/web developer, I didn't really know what to expect but I shouldn't have worried. I never lost any site info, my customers were secure, there were no pesky web page errors. It was lovely.

Customer support is always great. They always go above and beyond to make sure whatever issues I'm having at the time are resolved quickly. Not to mention they're super friendly! You don't even have to worry about cyber threats. This is one of the only places I actually trust to have my, and others information put into the computer on. Everything else is so iffy nowadays. It's definitely worth the cost. You get what you pay for! It's such a professional site that you may think the price is even too cheap for what you're actually getting. I have never, ever had any problems on performance. Five stars! Everything is smooth sailing, I can't even remember a single glitch or anything.

I haven't used the customer support yet. Most of time is waiting for the version history. I still worry about the security issue. Therefore, never put the private files on the cloud. You never know when it will be hacked and exposed. Nothing complain about the cost. However, I use the VPN mostly. Sometime I feel I don't purchase the web hosting. For the personal space, the performance is satisfied. There is no need for advanced technology. For the business, the Amazon's AWS feature is better than others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rackspace?

Customer support with Rackspace is consistently excellent. They are knowledgeable and will work with you to resolve any issues as necessary. In my experience, they resolved my issue in a timely manner that allowed me to focus on what I needed to most. The security at Rackspace is top notch. I had no concerns that my data would be leaked and they certainly delivered. If one is considering them based on security alone, they would be pleasantly surprised to find that there is nothing to worry about.

While Rackspace is on the pricier side, I feel, you do get what you pay for. Any downtime, you are typically refunded for, which I feel is a very fair deal. I enjoyed the service and would willingly pay for it again. Rackspace has great performance, especially given the price. I had no issues with the speed or anything of that sort. Rackspace devoted two separate virtual CPUs, which is likely what aided in such high performance. Is it the fastest out there? Probably not. But will it do the job? Definitely.

I used customer support for a couple of questions I had and was happy to receive great and friendly customer service. They answered my questions quickly and offered the most helpful service. The security of this cloud service is one I can trust with all my personal information and files. I know that they will work to protect my information and identity and that is what is important from a service. The cost is very manageable and worth the money when you see how easy and convenient this cloud service is. I would recommend this is you want to save money but still want a great service. The performance of this cloud service is really good. So far I have not had any problems and I have been working efficiently with this cloud service.

I didn't really have a customer support experience. Everything was pretty easy to use so I really didn't need help. Way more secure than Dropbox. Dropbox literally had its systems hacked and people's info hacked, which is a horrible thing.. Dropbox is so unreliable and I will not be going back to them. If my files aren't safe, who knows who's got them. The product was way worth more than the cost and it was fairly easy to use and to load my content onto. Dropbox was free when I started, then I upgraded it just to end up getting hacked. For the price I'm paying now, I wouldn't go back to Dropbox. This product works like a gem, and everything is so easy for the novice computer user to use. All you have to do is drag and drop, and there's no guess work. All my files are organized into folders which makes it really easy for me to use, which is what I love the most.

Proactive and very friendly/helpful. Got all the information I needed and very quickly. She gave me many options for features and pricing. I had no problems and trust them thoroughly. I love Rackspace. They were very cheap, the cheapest on the marketplace, and they are industry leaders and a lot of different tiers to choose from. Best cloud product for me had no glitches. Process in very nudging and proactive. When using, simple and easy. I am very satisfied. Had no problems at all.

While the middle management teams care for their direct reports, the company as a whole has too many people in middle management. Senior leadership wants to make fast startup style changes but forgets that we are a huge enterprise company that can't make sudden course corrects without there being consequences. Their support is no longer what it used to be, though I will not say it's real bad. It's perhaps just average at best. Their problems started to occur when they got into acquisition mode and purchase companies that provide vertical service that they can cross sell their clients on. It appears that rather than focusing on their core products, they focused on growing these newer acquired companies.

I haven't had to use customer support. I have had no issues with the site. Everything has worked properly. I have been able to solve any problems I've encountered on my own. It seems secure. I have not had any issues with security. I feel safe using this site. I don't use this site often enough to worry about security. I feel it is priced right for the service. The level of security makes it worth the price. Though sometimes it stretches my budget. The cost is worth the security and customer service. The performance is great and meets all my needs. It is fast and secure, with plenty of options for storage space at an affordable price.

Customer service and support has been great! Associates are friendly and courteous and patience when handling my case. Storage questions answered quickly and swiftly. So far, security has been great! Has not had any issues so far with cloud's storage. Plenty of storage space with no ads. Works much better than Dropbox in my opinion. The cost is competitive. Prices range from $2 to $300 monthly. I also have the option to add additional storage online. Payments can be made using PayPal or credit cards. I like having a place to upload all of my files. Uploads are fast. I recommend.

If I have problems they are prompted and fix my problem quickly. They do not give me attitudes or any other issues. They treat me and my concerns and problems with respect. It has a very high security so that hackers cannot get into. One they make sure your password is strong enough so it's hard to hack and the servers have encrypted files so harder for people to hack. There is different costs for what you need. You can have very cheap for little space you need or you can pay a higher amount for more space. The prices for the product compared to other sites like it. This one has better prices. Performance is great with this product. It goes fast and does not get lagged down when things are being downloaded to its service. It's fast, easy. It's also easy to understand to you, not hard to figure out.

I never tried contacting customer support so I cannot honestly rate if customer support is good or not. But I can say it's not the best service. Security is something I was highly concerned about all the time. As soon as I started using this service, my computer continually had notifications of malware. So be careful. It was trial based so I cannot comment on price, but I would definitely say it's not worth a cent. So keep your money and choose a different competitor with a better reputation. Everything was slow to access so if you have all the time in the world and love being patient, then this is for you. Otherwise, choose a better service provider.

It was enough to help guide me through with what to do. I used the chat and someone immediately reasoned with me, got with me right away. The security was well managed for the fact it didn't ask me too many personal questions, just the right amount to make sure I was who I said I was. The cost of this isn't very high, so for that I give it a good rating, not too much out of pocket to use it. I would recommend the pricing stay the same. The performance overall was satisfying due to the security, cost, the speed, the effectiveness and of course customer satisfaction. I would recommend this.

Rackspace stays very busy with their customer support but we have always received great service from them and highly recommend them to other coworkers we know. Rackspace security has helped us maintain compliance standards within our company so that we are within quality assurance standards within our industry. Rackspace cost seems to be within range of others that we have compared with. They aren't inexpensive, but aren't out of pricing range for our business to use regularly. We have had great success with using Rackspace and highly recommend them to others for compliance and quality standards. We plan to continue our relationship with them in the future.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rackspace is a global IT provider with over 3,000 employees and hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide. Its data centers are scattered throughout North America.

• Expertise in Microsoft products: Rackspace offers a Microsoft Cloud-based private cloud option, and the company has over 200 Microsoft certified professionals.
  • VMware expertise: One of the largest VMWare-based cloud service providers, Rackspace has over eight years of experience managing VMWare environments.
  • Constant Support: Support is available from Rackspace 24 hours a day, and the support team proactively monitors the system to warn of potential issues.
  • OpenStack developer: Rackspace was one of the founding developers and a major contributor to the OpenStack software. In addition, it manages one of the largest OpenStack-powered clouds.
  • Single tenant option: Consumers concerned with security can choose the single tenant option and additional features such as firewalls and intrusion detection.
  • Best for Small and large geographically disbursed businesses.

Compare Private Cloud Hosting Providers