2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.08/5
Based on 1,237 ratings submitted in the last year

ProFlowers Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

I am exceptionally happy with ProFlowers! My twin daughters had ordered 1 dozen roses for me for Mother's Day!! I was delighted when they came! When I opened the box, the roses were beautiful, but 1 of the red roses was totally destroyed. I followed the instructions, and put the other 11 roses in a container that I had in my kitchen. I took a picture and sent a copy to both of my daughters. 1 of my daughters asked about the vase that was included with the flowers; I told her that there was no vase in the box and that 1 of the flowers was totally destroyed. I suggested that maybe she should call ProFlowers about this.

The company was awesome!! They told my daughter that they would re-send another dozen roses; I thought that was very nice of them. When the 2nd dozen of roses arrived, they were more beautiful than even the 1st dozen had been, and there was a vase included!! All of the roses were intact, and they looked so beautiful in the vase. I was very, very happy; they even dried beautifully!!! My feeling is that ProFlowers is a very good company to do business with. Thank you ProFlowers!

Original review: May 12, 2019

My first experience with ProFlowers began as a result of ads that I heard on talk radio. When the first time I ordered flowers in a vase for my mother on Mother's Day ended up far exceeding my expectations relative to: ease of ordering and payment, cost, delivery exactly when promised, the freshness of the flowers, the quality of the vase, and the durability of those flowers: I couldn't wait until the next opportunity. Each year after that and, until my mother's passing, I tried to outdo the year before and neither she nor I were ever disappointed. A couple of years running, I threw in some tasty snacks that were available with the flowers and those, too, were a hit.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My son sent me flowers for Mother's Day. While I greatly appreciated them, they arrived wilted. I followed the instructions that came in the box. I cut 1" of the ends off, placed them in fresh water with the flower food that was provided, but some of the flowers did not bloom all the way and some were wilted. I decided to call ProFlowers to let them know I wasn't happy with the flowers because they were wilted. Normally I wouldn't complain, but I know my son must have spent a good deal of money on them and I hated to see all that money go to waste.

I must say that the customer service was great. They apologised and offered to send out replacement flowers, but I declined and asked that they credit my son back for his purchase. He lives in Ohio and I'm in Florida. I'm pretty sure the reason they came wilted is it's very hot here and I think the flowers were probably left on the delivery truck all day. I didn't get the flowers until after 8 p.m. Even after giving them a full day to spruce up, they never really did. I figured the same thing would happen if I had them redelivered in this heat. They came with a beautiful vase, so I have that as a keepsake. Even though the flowers were wilted, I would still use ProFlowers because of their professionalism at handling my situation. My son has sent me flowers from this company before and they arrived in very nice condition, so I'm sure this time was a fluke. I can say that the flowers and the vase always comes packaged nicely.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have purchased flowers for my mother several times in the last five years. I mistakenly tried the other guys (1800–) And inevitably the delivery was late or canceled with no notification. Not with ProFlowers! Everything is perfect. The delivery is only $12! What? Yes you read that right. Everyone else is $30-$40. My grandmother, Rose, passed away on Saturday. On Saturday night I ordered a dozen blue moon roses because my mother’s favorite color was blue. She receive them Monday morning. The total was $45. For a dozen long stem yet to be bloomed amazing VIBRANT blue roses and glass vase.

So I ordered two more to each go to my aunts. Everyone was in tears. And every time you order, you get 25% off the next order! I haven’t read any of the bad reviews but I’m guessing people will find anything to complain about and people never leave good reviews. Well I’m leaving a good review because these guys blow the competitors away and product and service and price.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Personally, I don't trust five-star reviews, but I believe ProFlowers has earned it. No company is perfect. ProFlowers may have fallen short for some customers in the past, but this is about the way things are today. I am very impressed with their level of customer service. There was a problem with my order, and ProFlowers went out of its way to make things right. Seriously, it was one of those moments where you think, "Whoa...I didn't realize companies were like this anymore." Their efforts restored my faith in online ordering. I think a lot of company reviews are biased toward the negative, because people who receive decent customer service don't bother to write reviews. So take what you read with a grain of salt, and give this company the benefit of the doubt. I'm a tough customer to please, but I will definitely be buying from ProFlowers again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We receive many emails from ProFlowers offering sales of 20% to 30% off. I tried to order today some $46 flowers advertised with 30% off sale. The flowers, including a vase, had a listed marked down price near $32. I went through all the steps on their website, adding a near $5 greeting card. Delivery was listed near $16. Therefore cost should have been near $53. I had to enter all data, including billing, before the final price was displayed, and it was near $75! They had added a near $3 handling charge, but did not show any discount of the advertised 30% off the basic arrangement.

I called their customer service and was told that I had to pay the full amount, sans the discount, and then after the charge went through, they would credit me back my near $14 discount!! This is crazy!!! I hung up, and am never going to use ProFlowers again!!!! Imagine, my $32 flowers costing me $75!!!! I Googled a local florist near my intended recipient, and ordered a similar arrangement near $50, delivered. I do not care about the cheap vase that ProFlowers was going to throw in. If you do not mind paying nearly 234% of the advertised price, and hope that they will refund you your discount, so you "only" pay 190% of the advertised price, use ProFlowers. Otherwise, do as I did and order directly from a florist located near your recipient. If I could have rated zero stars I would have rated zero.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

The website took my order and my payment but never delivered the flowers. The tracking showed the delivery was "in process" but after three days of waiting I called. The representative then told me that the company had a policy against delivering to a dorm room. Would have been nice to know that BEFORE I counted on them and paid them!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

My wife and I ordered flowers for my Mother's birthday, the order never showed up the day scheduled and we reached out to customer service. Their reply was, "We will send them out the next day with apology note attached," they never even tried to do either. I emailed them again with them saying, "We will give you a credit on your next order." What a Joke!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Failed delivery, missed order date completely, yet sent me an email that the flowers had been delivered when they had not been delivered...customer service is like ordering a cheeseburger in India, complete with broken English. Avoid ProFlowers like the plague, order from your local florist....John.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I ordered specific flowers on Dec 28 for my sister's 60th birthday to be delivered on Jan 2. An arrangement not even close to what I paid for was delivered on Dec 30. I emailed ProFlowers on Dec 31 with a photo of the less than what I ordered arrangement and expressed how unhappy I was with the order. I received a response on Jan 5 that their website shows my order was delivered as requested and they saw no issue with it. I am not sure if they just don't care or I got the customer service buffoon of the decade, but I will not be wasting my money on this company again. The sad thing is that I read their reviews before placing my order.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team