Privacymatters.com

Compare Credit Report Sites

Research top Credit Report Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I signed up for the free 7 day trial and I was not too impressed in what I had signed up for so on the 3rd day I contacted this outfit by phone and email and indicated to cancel my membership and do not bill me anymore. All they did was help themselves to my credit card and kept charging me for months at $39.95 a pop for something I had canceled and I had called them on the phone at least 6 times asking them why are they still charging my credit card when I had canceled this within the 7 day time frame and the imbecile on the end of the phone tells me that my membership was canceled and they were not charging me anymore. I indicated to the vegetable on the phone who had the intelligence of a head of lettuce that I have my credit card statements to prove they are charging me and he had the gall, nerve and audacity to tell me he could not help me and he hung up.

I contacted my credit card company, explained the entire episode to them and they hit them back hard and sent them chargebacks on each and every single time they charged me without my permission or authorization. It took time however I got all my money back for sure. All I can say folks is do not give this outfit your credit or debit card information as they are nothing but a bunch of thieves, liars and total con-artists. Please don't say you have not been warned in advance not to use Privacymatters.com or privacymatters123.com. Horrible experience to the letter...

Helped themselves to my credit card to the tune of some $46.00 and canceled my account all in the same "breath". A rip off...they're thieves.

I use a catch-all for my domain name to determine which emails I'm getting from where and of course I signed up with privacymatters.com with this email **. Ever since then, I have about 40% of the SPAM in my account coming to that email address. This was 6 years ago and they are still selling my email to new spammers. What a load of BS that a company called Privacy Matters would sell your email address. I'm considering legal action against them.

MVQ Privacy Matters/Vertrue Inc. LLC deducted a total of $291.30 from my American Express credit card without my consent. Will someone please stop this company from doing this? I am going to file with BBB because I have sent them two emails regarding my refund. Thank you.

This company has stolen from me over $350.00 by slowly charging my credit card that I put away and hadn't used in over a year.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Privacymatters.com?

This company is linked to another that offers a background search, but then they begin to bill you whether or not you approve it or not ... these are fraudsters in Connecticut!

I recently tried a 7-day trial offer with Privacy Matters 123 and after I got my free credit report. I called on June 1st to cancel (which was within the 7-day trial period). After cancelling it, I didn't think anymore about it until June 12, 2012 for my credit card statements. I discovered that several charges of $14.95 were deducted from my account in April and May 2012, so I went online and checked the account activity and $14.95 deduction was made for Privacy Matters on April 25, May 23 and 25. I called the Privacy Matters number for membership cancellations and was informed by Nyree (ID #**) that my subscription to Privacy Matters 123 was indeed cancelled, but was something different and I could cancel it, but I could not have my money back.

Then after arguing with her and letting her know that I did not sign up for anything, she finally agreed to let me have half my money back, but informed me that there was nothing else to do about the rest. Nyree switched me over to her supervisor (ID #**) who said the same thing. I called on to cancel only. I did not sign up for anything. I believe that this is how they make their money, by tricking people. When you call to cancel, they don't make any money so they just take it. Now I am afraid my identity is compromised and I am afraid of any credit/identity. The company is acting similarly. Initially, I was getting a 7-day free credit report and this is how Privacy Matters got my email address!

The company is PrivacyMatters123. I purchased a birthday gift for my granddaughter in October from "Young Explorer". During my online checkout, I was offered a $20 rebate, but since it was leading me from one offer to another, I declined them all and checkout. I later actually called Young Explorer and confirmed it. I have that email confirming the $20 rebate was cancelled.

I just found that PrivacyMatters123 has been charging my card I used on Young Explorer since October. I have never used any service from PrivacyMatters123. I called them to inquire about the unauthorized charges. I spoke to two people: Simone and her supervisor, Karen. Even though they agreed to cancel the service (I never used), Karen refused to refund the charges, with impunity and a verbal attitude that said she does not give a damn.

Seventy dollars may not be a lot of money to some people, but it is to me, and I want every penny refunded. Refunding a charge as a “courtesy” is more of an insult.

I have no recollection of purchasing this service. When I phoned them, I was told that I have been paying their fees since 10/08 – so 40 months at $30 each. There must be some recourse for this, class action lawsuit? Is PM a US corporation? If they are illegitimate, or even clearly a scam, don't the banks processing these payments have some responsibility? How much have our banks been receiving from PM for handling these payments? Is it too rich a deal for them to ask questions or advise their depositors?

Here is a unique perspective for you to appreciate. I know someone who works at a financial institution who has many cardholders that get charged by Privacy Matters on a periodic basis. At the appointed time of the month, they see bill payment requests come flooding in from Privacy Matters, thousands in a row to different cardholders, most of them getting declined. Other financial networks start calling in, asking if there is a problem with the issuing network since they see the approval rate drop from 95% to 25%. Funny little series of events, though it is disappointing that there have to be merchants like PM out there.

We didn't sign up for anything but we have had monthly charges of $27.95 - $35.95 from MPQ Privacy Matters since 9/09 ever since we opened up our business credit card. We had no idea how it appeared. Since we do large amounts of business expenses on our credit card, we didn't notice it until 11/11. We filed a complaint with our bank's fraud department and they told the bank that we had signed up through people finders.

We told our credit card company that this was outright fraud. We were sorry we didn't pick up on it sooner and had to threaten with cancellation of our business with them if they will not reverse the charges. They ended up canceling the charges for us. It totaled somewhere at $750.00. I am grateful our credit card company finally saw it our way. I cannot believe these people are getting away with this outright fraud.

They are taking $27.99 out on my checking account monthly without me permitting it. I want it to stop. My attempt to contact them and the number sent me to nobody. Please help me.

I've been going through my bank statements; I realized this company has been charging me $29.95 a month since November 2010. I don't use their service; I have no idea how they got my credit card number, and have been charging my account without my authorization. I've been charged eleven times, each time at $29.95 since November 2010. That's a total of $329.45 to my knowledge. I would like to get my money back.

I did sign up for some stupid magazine thing with their company for one year and it has been over a year and they are still charging me monthly. This money is coming right out of my bank account. Every time I try to get in contact with them, they never contact me back! I want it to stop!

I had problems with them. They refused refund. I contacted BBB and I got a full refund of $625.85!

Don't be a victim, fight for your rights!

On May 19, 2010, I responded to an online ad for "Free Credit Score and Triple Credit Scores" at www.**. I was prompted to provide my personal and credit information in the form of my Bank of America debit card. I was registered as a "Credit Score Complete" Member, ID# **, a "Your Savings Club (sm)" Member, ID# ** and a "Your Privacy Matters Identity" Member, ID#**in order to receive the advertised "free credit reports". The website also assured me that I could cancel my memberships within 7 subsequent days. I called that day, May 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM to cancel all memberships. I spoke with a man named Shedrick who, when asked, told me that my cancellation confirmation number was 700206.

On Wednesday of July 26, 2011 I, noticed the following on my bank statement:

CHECKCARD 0721 MVQ*PMIDENTITY
888-239-3919 CT

Merchant Category: Direct Mark-Subscription Expense Category: Mail Order/Telephone Order Providers Merchant Category Code: 5968.

I called the given number immediately, and spoke with an operator. I told her that I had not ordered this service because I had cancelled it. She offered my personal and bank information as proof of my having ordered the services. I cancelled the membership again. Before I had provided my personal data online, I did check online at the BBB to see if there was any information on any of the "Memberships" listed above (MVQ was not available as an associated company). There was not. Now, under MVQ I see many similar complaints at this site and others. I want my money returned since I followed the instructions given, was told that the "Memberships" were cancelled and was even given a confirmation number.

I also want these companies practicing the fraudulent practices of offering a free service in order to obtain private information from people (so that the company can then bill them for services not ordered), to be prosecuted and punished.

I went to Intelius in 2008 and used their site; they shared my information with Privacy Matters.

Privacy Matters has been billing my credit card every month for what they call privacy protection. Since then, I had no idea what they were until recent research.

I thought it was the kids playing Internet game charges. I called the number that I found, and obtained a "member number" that I apparently had since March of 2008. When I asked them who they were, they could not tell me exactly what they did. When I wanted to write a written request, they would respond.

I told them I didn't authorize them to take money out, and they said that I had agreed to the terms. They told me they would file a request for additional funds at 5 p.m. on the 25th of July 2011, and would let me know in three business days. This morning around ten, they sent me a decline letter, and gave me a number to call if I had any questions.

I called and no one answered. It said to leave a message (voice mail), and they would get back to me in seven business days. The message said they were there five days a week 8 to 4 p.m., and if you push 0 to speak with someone instead of leaving a message, it just disconnects you.

I estimate they owe me around $1,500.00 since 2008, and I want my money back.

I also Googled them and there are many people that have gotten scammed by them using Intelius; so, maybe looking at both of these companies will help.

This is a scam. They have been charging my account $19.95 for membership fee I never ask for. We gotta do something to stop this comapny

They have charged my debit card repeatedly without my consent. The loss was about $2,000.00.

When I looked into my account today, I saw a charge of $29.95 for Privacy Matters. I looked back a few weeks and it was there as well. So I dialed the phone number and they said I signed up for this back in November of 2009. I never never did. As of today, they have taken 539.10 out of my account. They said I did a search for someone back in 2009; I didn't. They will only give me two months back. When I asked her to email this to me, she said she wasn't able to and that the only way to send it was through the mail. I asked for a phone number for the police to call them and she said they would not talk to the police department and that if they want any information, they would have to send it in writing. I asked for the address. She said it would be on the information she is sending to me. They will not give me a phone number to put in here for you.

I recently tried a 7-day trial offer with Privacy Matters 123 and after I got my free credit report, I called on June 1st to cancel (which was within the 7-day trial period). After cancelling it, I didn't think anymore about it until July 8th. I called my bank to check the balance on my account and discovered that a $29.95 charge was deducted from my account on July 1st. So I went online and checked the account activity and a $29.95 deduction was made for PMIDENTITY on July 1st, and also on June 1st.

I called the Privacy Matters number for membership cancellations and was informed by Nyree (ID# **) that my subscription to Privacy Matters 123 was indeed cancelled but that PMIDENTITY was something different; and I could cancel it, but I could not have my money back. Then after arguing with her and letting her know that I did not sign up for anything else, she finally agreed to let me have half my money back but informed me that there was nothing else to do about the rest. Nyree switched me over to her supervisor (ID#**) who said the same thing. I called on June 1st to cancel only. I did not sign up for PMIDENTITY. I believe that this is how they make their money -- by tricking people. When you call to cancel, they don't make any money; so they just take it.

I was stupid. I received a legit-sounding phone call from someone who lied to me and told me they were from an affiliate of my bank. I signed up for free credit identity protection. The only reason I signed up is because I was offered a free $50 Wal-Mart gift card, which I thought I would donate to the non-profit organization I work for.

I should have known I was speaking to an outsourced telemarketer from another country who was so plainly lying to me. I never received any gift cards. Any attempt to call the number they gave me and speak to a supervisor was thwarted. And 4 weeks later, I received some letters in the mail regarding my phony "membership." I immediately cancelled, and I feel like a total rube falling for this obvious scam.

I signed up for a $1 week trial period for a service that helps you locate people and paid the $1 with my debit card. Unbeknownst to me, I have been charged $29.99 and $25.00 respectively by that company and another one they operate. When I called to have the charges dropped the first time in August or September of 2010, I was offered another deal to protect my identity from theft. I refused the offer and was told this was cancelled.

Nearly six months later, I discovered that I'm still being charged. When I called yet again, they state they have no record of my call and therefore cannot be held responsible and that they will only refund that month's charge. I again find a recurring charge on my debit card statement and called the number and they said that I did not call and cancel and they will only refund the current charge of $24.99.

These two companies are under the same umbrella, they can access each other's information and I truly believe it is stealing and completely unethical to not return all my money for services I never even accessed. All in all over $460!

Privacymatters.com is an online company from the Internet and I am not sure how I was charged $16.00 a month for something that I did not order. I had no idea of what this charge was for and thought that it was an insurance company that I signed up for last year. I did some research and found out that they have been charging me for almost a year and I want a refund. They caused my checking account to always be unbalanced by taking my funds. I lost money that was not accounted for.

I noticed today that a company by the name of Privacymatters.com charged my husband's account $19.95. My husband and I had never heard of these people before and had no idea who or what they were. He contacted the phone number listed on his bank statement and told them he didn't agree to a membership with them and that he wanted his money back. The woman agreed to cancel the membership but said my husband would have to speak to a supervisor about the refund.

My husband was very firm with Jose when he spoke with him and said they both knew this was a scam and that he is filing a complaint with the State Attorney General's office and anyone else he needs to make aware of this to shut them down. He apologized for the inconvenience, stated that his account would be refunded in 2-3 business days and gave him a confirmation number. My husband does not use the internet at all. He ordered an item by phone that he'd seen on TV for me in December and believes that they either sold his information to Privacymatters.com or their system was hacked. I thought he was pretty safe from this as long as he wasn't using the internet. I can't believe we got scammed by a company that fronts as a credit monitoring and identity theft business. I hope everyone who is getting taken by these people will join us in filing complaints with their state agencies and get these people prosecuted.

$19.95 was charged to my credit card for two months in a row (total of $39.90). Shame on me, I didn't check my statement the first month. I called to have the charges removed. I spoke to "Sandra," a call center rep, because "all operators were busy with other customers." She was able to cancel the membership as of today, but could not refund the previous charges.

I called back a few minutes later and spoke to "Tee," another call center rep, because "all operators were busy with other customers" again. After much discourse, she granted a "courtesy" refund of $19.95. I thanked her, but said that I wanted the other $19.95 refunded. She then transferred me to a supervisor named "Lorena." We discussed the issue and the fact that I would not settle for a partial refund. To my utter amazement, Lorena had the power to refund the other $19.95! In this instance, persistence was rewarded. I wish you all the best. Never, never, never give up!

Never sign up for this. I signed up with freescore.com and I immediately canceled after the 3-day trial. Privacy Matters is charging me $19.95 and I called up for a credit. They told me it would take 3 months for all my personal information to be taken off the mailing list that they sell. Would you believe that? It is a scam.

I cancelled my membership with Privacy Matters within 10 days of agreeing to give them $1 during an infomercial purchase call and I was supposed to receive a $25 visa card. I have two confirmation numbers that my membership was cancelled but I never got the visa card, which I was supposed to get even if I did not keep the membership. These people are fraud, plain and simple. How do they stay in business? I signed nothing. My agreement was over the phone and their offer was bogus.

We have been charged on our credit card by PrivacyMatters and we did not sign up for this service. We received nothing stating that we signed up for this service. I did a background search on somebody about nine months ago through a website and this could possibly be it. My husband called the company to get our money back for this unknown service and they stated that they could give us $16.95 back. We are now going through our credit card company as we paid for a phantom service of which we were not provided with anything in return. I am just wondering how this type of business is not shut down because it is fraudulent. What service do they exactly provide and I would love proof from PrivacyMatters that I knowingly approved signing up for a fraudulent service. Also, what exactly did they provide me with?

They have billed my account since Jan. 2010. I was supposed to receive a reminder email to cancel. Never did! These people are scam artists. You going to do anything about it? Doubtful. They will do nothing to help either. They scam your cc number off other sites then start billing you. They need to be shut down. They offer no services other than to ** the public. I would like to see them taken down. I'm pretty sure that will never happen because most people are too damn lazy and are willing to accept this type of scum as a way of doing business. They got away with about $220 of my money. My bad. Lesson learned on my part. If there was a way to stop these people sign me up!

Compare Credit Report Sites