1.49/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 15, 2018

138 Poetry.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

Have been around a year or so and still not able to recover the poems which I have been writing for at least two years. I have sent emails as well but there is no response to it. It would be good if they resolve the problem as soon as possible. I look forward for their reply and resolution to this problem.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Web Archive.org may show your poems from Poetry.org - If you were listed as a winner on the site. You can click your name and your winning poem will come up. The name search field didn’t work. The archived site will at least show your winning work. You may only recover one. Maybe it’s something. I was only a finalist and published in their scam anthology so I wasn’t able to find mines. I pray you continue to write. It’s been a long time, but I was inspired to write 3 today. Praise God. It’s been a while. Keep writing poets!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I'm seriously upset to find I cannot retrieve my poems I've submitted to them!!! This is insanity and makes zero sense. I've only submitted 2 or 3 years back but originals were lost in flooding and now it appears I will never have them again. This is completely irresponsible on the part of Poetry.com.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I've written several poems on Poetry.com... After the change of website I tried locating my poems or my account, I found nothing, I even sent several emails to them asking of how I can at least retrieve my poems, and as usual just radio silence. I certainly want my poems back... I have several people who were present during the times of which they were written, and would definitely take severe actions should I find my poems published anywhere without my authorization.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have written about 50 poems on poetry.com over a span of about 15 years or longer. The first time they changed their policies you had to review other poets in order to retrieve your poems. You couldn't just go back and get your poetry, and it took a long time to go through all of the hoops of reviewing other poets, and submitting new poems just to get one poem at a time back from the archives. I found it very frustrating. A lot of these poems were lost due to domestic violence when I had to flee from my home and the only place I knew they were safe was on Poetry.com, or so I thought. But now the company seems to have vanished and my poetry seems to have disappeared with it. And some of these poems were copyrighted because things were done different back in the day. I want my poems back, these belong to me. A lot of the poems were about domestic violence, and they helped me get through some very dark times of my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poetry.com?

Original review: March 31, 2018

Poetry.com has been my poetry cornerstone since 1996. Management changes made it difficult to retrieve your works of art at times. Now, my free-form, tanka, and haiku poems can't be seen nor retrieved. Prior administration would contact you via email to resolve issues; not now. I'm a published poet placed in the Library of Congress so this unethical business practice is truly disturbing. All I ask is to have all my poems given back to me by email. I can be at peace knowing Poetry.com at least gave the poems back to me since the poems are my legacy for my sons.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I wrote and submitted many poems to this site and now it appears they have stolen them. I can't afford to sue them but would be happy to add my support if someone else decides to sue these people. I just want MY property back.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Just like all the others, my poems are gone. My poems all had copyrights, does that account for anything? I just want them back. Can we sue them for not informing us to at least retrieve them before deleting the accounts?

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have been submitting poetry to Poetry.com since the 90's. I always knew that if I ever lost my hard copy I could retrieve it from my Poetry.com account. That is until recently, they deleted my account and all of my work. As well as thousands of other users'. I lost my hard copies in a house fire and now that I go to Poetry.com, I find that not only do I not have an account, but my poetry is nowhere to be found. I wrote a poem for my daughter while I was in prison, and now that we have been re-united, I am unable to share it with her. Thanks for NOTHING Poetry.com. Beware, DO NOT USE THEIR SITE.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I write to submit my displeasure and great disappointment and LOST of WILL OF MIGHT that poetry.com has COST me. I have been submitting POEMS more than 15 years now on poetry.com, I lost count of numbers of poems I have in my account, why? Because writing poems is my life hobby and gift, until last year that I couldn't locate the site online. It was like I was rip off my gift, and lost What made me feel human. Ever since, I find it difficult to put pen on paper and write. I lost everything, EVERYTHING.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I'm sure that many others like myself have not found their posted poems. I had a good bunch! About 10-12 posted with one being a very important one about war veterans and mothers. I want all of them! If there is a way to get them I want them back... sentimental reasons more than money!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Submitted 60+ poems to this site, can't retrieve 1, considering legal action as a last resort. Totally disgusted they could delete poems from so many authors around the world with no notification. Don't use this site!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have been writing since age of 10, when I found Poetry.com I was very excited to share my work. For a couple of years I was unable to access the internet, recently I have started to write again so I decided I'd look up some of my older work. Especially a poem called "Lost" that was the first poem I ever wrote. Nothing, can find it anywhere, no letter stating that I would no longer have access to it, can't find the book it was suppose to be published in, Nothing. Poetry.com please inform your writers of how to retrieve our work from your archives.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have been writing and submitting my poems on Poetry.com for at least 15 years. I can't count the number of poems they've deleted. I cannot believe all my hard work, thoughts, feelings, a part of me has just vanished without notice. I would think poetry.com would at least afford me the opportunity to save my work. This is very much unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I am beyond pissed off! If I could choose 0 stars I would... I had at least 4 poems on poetry.com and now they have vanished without warning. I trusted that putting them on poetry.com I would always have access to MY work but how wrong I was. I just want to know where are my poems???

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I have preserved 10-15 poems that I had been writing from time to time, starting 2000. All these years, the poems were preserved and I stopped worrying about its copy, and this became the source of truth. Little did I envisage that my records will just vanish one day. Now, my account no longer exists, nor my poems. This is simply not acceptable. Will someone in Poetry.com get my poetries back please.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

When I was 16 I wrote a poem called Red, White, and Blue that was in 2001 after 9/11. It was a poem in honor of those people and my country. I have tried every way I can think of to get my poems back from these scammers. When I go to the link they send me it comes up page error and says, "Site doesn't exist." There are many other poems they've said they published of mine but I was just a kid. I used my money from working on our family tobacco farm to buy the book and never received it. All these years I have been trying to get something some kind of response. But sadly nothing.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

In late 1998, I submitted a poem for a contest entry. It had been written in 1963, and was the only really good poem ever written! I received several letters from them, saying my poem had been submitted in the semi-finals. I filled out all the required docs, including a "pen name." They asked for a few edits, which wasn't so big as to change the essence of my poem. It was renamed, "Choices in Time." Then, the big sales began! They wanted to publish it in a book with 200 poems; also a plaque. Both were going to cost more than I could afford at the time. I never was told if I had won or who did win, so my assumption was why should I pay them anything when they should be paying me for the right to publish it!?

Correspondence continued through 2003. I never got anything about my entry from them, nor did I fall into this SCAM. I was very disappointed. There was even a positive letter from the BBB on the "Int'l Library of Poetry." However, can't find any evidence of it being used. Concerned about it being exploited without permission. The method in which it was handled along with literature received made me think it was legit, as these things cost a lot of money. Didn't have internet like we do today to research. They should be reported in hopes that others won't be victimized about their dreams!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I’ve had my account with poetry.com for over 10 years. I was in my freshman year of high school when I wrote the only poem I ever published on the site. I recovered my account and my poem a few months ago and just now I went to go post a new poem that I wrote and out of nowhere my account AND my poem have been deleted. I can’t even google them like one of the other reviewers could. I sent them an email but since this is obviously not a one-time issue and they just changed their whole site around, they probably purposely deleted people’s accounts that were older than 10 years assuming they weren’t using them. I still have the letter they sent me asking if they could publish my poem, I keep it in my safe. I really hope they can recover all these accounts and definitely should’ve sent out an email to see who uses their accounts still so we could have a chance to save our work. I’m very, very upset about this all...

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I've been using Poetry.com for over a decade, had several poems on there. I go to log in one day and neither email and password were accepted. I decided to type in my name on Google and seen one of my poems but when I clicked on it, it was not available. Decided to further investigate to only see others have also lost their poems on the same website, Poetry.com. I even emailed hello@poetry.com asking about my poems on Sept. 24th 2017 and still have yet to receive a response. I usually do write all of my poems on paper before typing them on Poetry.com but those have been misplaced. I'm very upset at this website for the lack of customer service that has been provided in regards to our missing poems.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I had written a poem for my father when he passed away in early 2000. I was asked if it can be published... I agreed and it was actually published because I had a hard copy for myself. It was available for about a year or 2 after... Now, when I wanted to show my kids an accomplishment of mine, IT IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. It's like it NEVER existed!!!! How disappointing is that?! It was the first poem I ever wrote in my life... That same poem, the director of the funeral home we had my father's service at, asked if they can also use my poem if someone would like a poem for their father on the little memory card (the ones they pass out during rosaries/prayers). I am so disappointed, dissatisfied... Isn't there something we can do to search for ourselves and poems back on the website!?!?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

For about 8 years or more I had an account with Poetry.com. This was a non-payment account. Different accounts did not require you to pay for their services. I was not using the account for about a year. When I tried to enter this account about a week ago I found that it no longer existed. I signed in with my old account information and found that all of my poems were gone. I don't know how I can get in touch with this organization to find out where my poetry is. I had close to 100 poems that I had written and would like to know what happened to them. I will appreciate any assistance or information that you can give me.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I am furious and upset that Poetry.com set up another format and my poems are now gone. I like to know what happened to them. I written 29 poems and now they are gone. So many other people been complaining about this Poetry.com. They lost their words and poems as well. I very upset with Poetry.com.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I’ve been writing on www.poetry.com for years. I had 69 poems, some winning editors choice awards. Now just like that it's all gone. This poetry.com site leaves a lot to be desired. I wrote a poem yesterday and it's nowhere to be found. Do I have to try to find another site or go back to writing my poems on paper and try to find a publisher? I tell you it rather hurts.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

First off, they provide an option to sign up AND log in via email address. But one has to reset his password every log in because the CORRECT password is not accepted. Not ever. Second, one cannot change the avatar. Page simply reloads and nothing changes. Third, after a couple of poems, one is FORCED to log in via twitter, fb or any other crap social media in order to post a review. Review is needed to publish poems. I do not have fb or twitter or anything. So I log in via email address. But now I can't even publish poems anymore cause I can't review without logging in on fb, twitter or other social media. Won't let me anymore.

Coupled with the constant necessity for resetting the password on every log in, and the issue with the avatar, I am very displeased to say that their 'customer service' isn't a 'service' at all. No response at all. I wonder if there is even anybody there. Very poor, and after 4 years of 'New' management their site is still littered with bugs and issues.

Then they DARE to claim that their staff works 24/7 'so they cannot personally answer every email'. Lol, that is just plain low and hypocrite. Very obvious. I'm not going back there soon, unless by miracle they solve those issues, or at least respond to my many pleas for assistance. Seeing the many complaints already filed for that site, I am NOT surprised. Didn't realize the experience there would be this bad. So I simply HAD to put this out, to warn others: "know what you're getting into there". Seems to be run by either idiots, or scammers.

Original review: June 12, 2016

I had a poem on Poetry.com some years ago called (Dark Angel From Hell). They sent me a letter saying that they were going to publish my poem in a book called (Immortal Verses). I never gave them permission to publish any of my poetry nor did they pay me for it instead they wanted me to pay them... how dare they mislead so many people to write a poem for a contest when their real intention was to steal these poems and publish them for their own profit and try to charge the people that they stole them from, if there is a lawsuit against them for this please let me know, I want in on making them pay for all the poetry (thoughts and feelings) that they stole from so many innocent people including myself.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2016

I have been trying to post more poems and their site even though you fill out the title style and content it says, "you have not filled out content" every time then you lose the progress of the poem you are writing or the whole thing for that matter. I use Poetry Poem and PoetryVine and this problem does not happen. They at least let you put the poem up though I do not like new editor in Poetry Poem. The poetry sites are all free for the most part except PoetryVine which now charges you and Poetry Poem has a prime poet that you have to pay to be.

Poetry.com is annoying. Because of this you can't even trust this site in my opinion if they won't listen to your feedback that you're having a problem. I told them I was going to review them if they did not fix the error and it still is not taken care of. I also sent them 2 of my emails and they did not contact me on either one of them. I am disappointed because I like their points system and the critics are tough. They probably only rate what they like. I think that at least they should respond to their emails and let you at least know why so you're not in the dark.

Even when you're honest with your poetry you have people try to steal it and some of the poems I put on there were wrote before 2012 and they are not in the poetry archives which draws me to the conclusion that maybe my poetry is just good and not great. But anyway this is enough of a review and I told them by their messenger I was going to write it if they did not fix. I know I'm always in a hurry to solve these thing because I'm trying to enjoy my spontaneous writing. I give Poetry.com a 2 at best on stars if they don't have better technical support.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

If nothing truly disappears on the internet, where are my poems? Am getting closer to having enough for my book and they are gone??? I get reminders in Facebook from when I had them copywritten and can get to none by links had...??? I want what is mine.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2015

I tried to regain membership so I could continue at poetry.com by logging on through Facebook but after the log-in I was still blocked access to poetry.com. No reason has ever been given for my suspension and I have been unable to enter the site since 2014, after being a successful member for 4 years. I have now moved to Allpoetry.com where I have received a warm welcome. It would be nice to receive a communication from Poetry.com rather than SILENCE. Perhaps the site has been infiltrated by undesirables who close down anyone they don't like? Perhaps lesser poets?

Original review: May 18, 2015

I have been writing poems since the death of my son. Posting them daily for an entire year. My laptop crashed and all writings were lost. So I go to the site and I'm not allowed in. Tried this several times. Today I try and the site has been closed. Where are my poems!!! I'm infuriated. Who now can be contacted to retrieve my works. Someone has to be accountable for this travesty.

Poetry.com Company Information