Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Poetry.com Reviews

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

So like many others on here I posted several poems on Poetry.com and after several years I went to show them to a friend, I received 1 email telling me I was elected to receive the 2008 Editors published poet ribbon award pin. Now obviously I never paid the money for this and felt really great that I achieved something this wonderful and be proud of to now see all these reviews after not being able to get onto the site to retrieve all my poems. At one stage I was going to purchase the book that had my poems published in and now I am so glad I never fronted the money for it. I was just happy to share my work with other fellow poets, people that could appreciate it and now I find out it is all gone and none of it was real in that sense. Is there a way for us to get our work back or have we lost it for good?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I've had my poems published in three of their books and it felt good to see my writing in print. However, the company is a scam. You do not get paid anything and in fact, you have to pay a good chunk of change for copies of their book. It's plain to see that they just phish through different websites and lure writers into their scheme. Look for a legit publisher for your writing or publish it yourself.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I am like thousands of others. I posted my poems on Poetry.com. I then had a disaster and lost all of my work. I went to Portrait.Com to get my coins again and they were gone. These poems were very special to me. They from my heart about very special people. Please return my poems. Your website offered security to people who wanted chicken their poems out to others to read and you destroyed thousands dreams and heartfelt words. Just give us our work. Linda **

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was excited to hear that my poems were published and that I could order a book of published poems including mine as a present for my mother. Mailed in the three payments of $49.95 and never received the book. After no success I just wanted my money back and found out they went out of business. Great scam. Just another deadbeat that took advantage of someone in hope.

Original review: July 6, 2019

My late grandfather was the famous beat poet Diego **, and several of his poems were published on Poetry.com. Since his disappearance a decade ago, a few paper copies of some of his poems have been found. But many of those that he compiled for his “Peach Basket” collection are now gone since the site seems to have vanished. Most notably, Peach Baskets #2 and #17 only existed on the Poetry.com website. Any collection of his work would be sorrowfully incomplete without these 2 signature poems. In an attempt to compile and publish a definitive compilation of Diego ** oeuvre, we are dead-ended by the closure of this website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poetry.com?

Original review: July 2, 2019

Just like others. I as well have posted poems (3) on poetry.com and am no longer able to access them. One of the poems was very dear to me because I expressed the pain I was going through with the death of my daughter and mom. Poetry.com or whatever company name you're using. Please I beg of you, please, please return/release my poems back to me. They (poetry.com) also informed me that one (1) of my poems had won an award and they were going to publish it in their "book of poetry winners". I trusted this website with my precious poems and now they are gone just like my daughter and mom.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have too many poems to count that were uploaded to Poetry.com. I haven't been on the site for a while due to life events that kept me from having time to write. I decided to just go to the site to see what's new and found the site has disappeared along with all my poems. I have read many reviews that stated poems were offered up for people to claim as their own when the company was sold to Lulu. I knew nothing about this and haven't seen anything of mine posted elsewhere, but I also have looked into any other site to see if someone else claimed my writings.

I have hard copies of everything I uploaded and can prove any works of mine that may have been stolen are in fact mine. Ink dating can be done if necessary. I'm very disappointed that this has happened to so many people. I wouldn't have joined the site if it didn't say ownership of all submitted poetry would stay that of the writer. If a lawsuit has been filed I would love to know just to remove anyone else's name from anything I had submitted to the site or to get payment for that which has been stolen.

Original review: May 6, 2019

My poem was given into a song by Celine Dion "New day". I posted a poem. Now it's gone and years later Celine Dion was singing a song with 50% of my poetry which was titled as "RAIN TOOK AWAY MY TEARS". Last verse "TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY FOR NEW OPERATIONS". I was surprised to hear that song but couldn't do anything as I was new immigrant to Canada and struggling. This cannot be a coincidence as those words were from the bottom of my heart. Anyways! God will do justice. However she sang beautifully and song is nice too.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I posted many poems on Poetry.com Through 2005-2010. I’m equally astonished as many that they are now gone and closed shop. I’ve spent the last few years trying to get my poems back but to no prevail. I did though find a article that said Poetry.com is also Lulupoetry.com. They have both closed it said and that it erased over 14 million poems when it closed. If this is true then I am devastated. I lost all my originals in a fire and this was the only back up I had. Really hoping it’s not true but based on the amount of searching I have done it seems to be legit.

On Archive.org you can find a back page to Poetry.com. They do have SOME people’s poems up there. Some being people who paid for it to be published in the so called amazing poetry book they had. I got chosen one and paid to get the book. Never received it to this day. All the lessons I wished I had learned back then. Anyway try the back page thing. It only works by year and a certain month. You might be in luck or you might be totally screwed like me.

Original review: May 2, 2019

UPDATED 07/15/2019: I can't say I wouldn't be devastated if I didn't have so much as a copy of a poem I wrote anymore and couldn't think how it was worded to write it down again. I'd just like to say that us other poets would be pleased to help if that's so. It was all one poem per poet per contest right, so therefore the books are filled with poems by many, many other poets as well. Don't worry, be happy. I've got a sophisticated wall plaque, that reads - This certifies that Leanne McLellan has been selected for inclusion in The International Who's Who of Poetry and has demonstrated a unique artistic vision and significant poetic achievement. And I did get published in the book, I didn't think so for awhile, then I found my poem, in the first featured section. Please feel free to contact me if I can help you.

I think this is all a terribly great shame, because Poetry.com was excellent experience for so many poets. The opportunity to become published in such beautiful books was amazing and it was ever so much fun to go to the website and read and review poems each day. Sadly missed is Poetry.com.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Poetry.com Company Information