Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Poetry.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poetry.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poetry.com?

Original review: May 9, 2020

I like many here had put many poems on Poetry.com with each and every one of the copywrited them under my name and my pen name of hope** and all of them all gone. I wanted to read the one I wrote about my adopted mom and many more. I wrote poems that I will never get back. I thought they were a reliable company or I would of never put my poetry with them. My first poem published with them was in 1995. I was still a high school student when I started publishing my poems with them. I was 18 and thought it was exciting. I got my poems published and copywrited. But when I went back and found out my poems are gone. The site is shut down and without any warning. I feel that's unfair. They seemed like a good company and then this happen. And there's no compensation, they could of gave us the books our poems were published in or something or our poems back.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Some people misunderstand how such a website works. You're not handing over copyright, but rather licensing Poetry.com to display or print your poem as they please under their terms. To my recollection, they never promised to preserve poems forever, and even if they did their promises would be terminated if they went bankrupt. The copyright still sits with the poet.

I can at least thank Poetry.com for getting me interested in writing poems way back in 2001. When they accepted my poem, after a bit of thought I found it quite funny that they tried to sell my poem back to me in an expensive book. Very fishy and misleading. Not the sort of company you'd want to trust to keep your poems online. I use deviantArt for that.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: March 29, 2020

I had over the years, published at least 75+ poems on Poetry.com. I lost my originals due to a house fire and was absolutely horrified to learn that all the poems online were just gone. They all had a copyright published with them. So they have stolen my intellectual property with no repercussions. This is inexcusable, but nothing has been done! People from all over the world have been subjected to the same exact thing by this site, why can't the authorities do anything? So heartbroken, my poems were my feelings, desires, pain, anguish... my catharsis.

Original review: March 17, 2020

In 1983 I gave my son up for adoption. Nearly a decade later, I was able to articulate the experience in a poem that I published on Poetry.com. Time has passed, and as with all wounds, I've healed some, but recently thought about that poem and thought to myself "I should get it off the website so I can share it with an adoption group I started." First my son, now the tribute. Shame on you, poetry.com and whoever else is culpable in the loss of words that were deeply felt.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Back in 1990 I had started sharing my poems on Poetry.com, and there were quite a few. Also a few of mine were published in books, now I would like to retrieve my poems, so I could publish my own book. It seems that my poems have all vanished. I have had no money received for publishing any of my poems, only thing offered was an early bird discount of the books. As this had happened in the late 90s, and the site has closed. My poems still belong to me. Copywrite is mine and mine alone. So do the right thing either compensate or return all my work. Feeling robbed is an understatement.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

So like many others on here I posted several poems on Poetry.com and after several years I went to show them to a friend, I received 1 email telling me I was elected to receive the 2008 Editors published poet ribbon award pin. Now obviously I never paid the money for this and felt really great that I achieved something this wonderful and be proud of to now see all these reviews after not being able to get onto the site to retrieve all my poems. At one stage I was going to purchase the book that had my poems published in and now I am so glad I never fronted the money for it. I was just happy to share my work with other fellow poets, people that could appreciate it and now I find out it is all gone and none of it was real in that sense. Is there a way for us to get our work back or have we lost it for good?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I've had my poems published in three of their books and it felt good to see my writing in print. However, the company is a scam. You do not get paid anything and in fact, you have to pay a good chunk of change for copies of their book. It's plain to see that they just phish through different websites and lure writers into their scheme. Look for a legit publisher for your writing or publish it yourself.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I am like thousands of others. I posted my poems on Poetry.com. I then had a disaster and lost all of my work. I went to Portrait.Com to get my coins again and they were gone. These poems were very special to me. They from my heart about very special people. Please return my poems. Your website offered security to people who wanted chicken their poems out to others to read and you destroyed thousands dreams and heartfelt words. Just give us our work. Linda **

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was excited to hear that my poems were published and that I could order a book of published poems including mine as a present for my mother. Mailed in the three payments of $49.95 and never received the book. After no success I just wanted my money back and found out they went out of business. Great scam. Just another deadbeat that took advantage of someone in hope.

Original review: July 6, 2019

My late grandfather was the famous beat poet Diego **, and several of his poems were published on Poetry.com. Since his disappearance a decade ago, a few paper copies of some of his poems have been found. But many of those that he compiled for his “Peach Basket” collection are now gone since the site seems to have vanished. Most notably, Peach Baskets #2 and #17 only existed on the Poetry.com website. Any collection of his work would be sorrowfully incomplete without these 2 signature poems. In an attempt to compile and publish a definitive compilation of Diego ** oeuvre, we are dead-ended by the closure of this website.

Poetry.com Company Information