1.03/5
Based on 45 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

159 Poetry.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have put a lot of my poems on Poetry.com over the years so I thought I would go on there and put some more on their site and to see how many reviews I got on them good or bad but now there is no more Poetry.com. It is gone. Even all my poems that belong to me not Poetry.com or anyone else. I want all my stuff back and to prove that I have poems there. All my stuff was signed Scott ** so what the hell give you the right to rip people off by ** stealing their stuff and using it like it’s all yours. We all made your site not you. That is all of our work not yours. Give our stuff back. It all belongs to us not ** Poetry.com or whoever you think you are. Not even if someone bought them out. It all ours.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I submitted my own personal thoughts and words to this site few years ago that they actually published but I have not been able to find this site and they have my poems. This is horrible to do this to people. Those poems are people's personal thoughts. How dare you. Please find a way to retrieve and send our stuff back to us.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have been a poet submitter for the website Poetry.com since about mid 2001. Now none of the poems I have submitted are available. I would like to know why I can't find my poems. Those were my honest and true thoughts that now I can't access. Can anyone help me find my poems?

Original review: July 16, 2018

I am one that has submitted a few poems on Poetry.com several years ago. Has anyone had any luck on retrieving their poems? If so can you please help me. This sucks for everyone that's had this happen, because now... so far poems are locked away with no way of getting them back.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Hello. My name is Kenisha ** and I started using Poetry.com years ago. This really makes me upset to know that I submitted my hard and truest emotional moments, only to find out that the site has just up and vanished. Who can we contact? Is this the end all - be all? Many poets like myself do not deserve this at all. I decided try to log in today to find my old poems for an upcoming project and just like that... NOTHING!!! Not FAIR!!! Someone PLEASE HELP US.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poetry.com?

Original review: July 9, 2018

I've been on Poetry.com since 2000. They said I was an amateur for the year for 2001. 2003-2004 I'm I stopped writing for a few years. I go back to retrieve my stuff and add a few more. In the sight of God where's my stuff? I really like to know. They even invited me to come to Disney World to be a part of their parade one year they had in Florida. I just want my stuff back. I worked hard for it. My heart and soul is in it. Personal feelings are in that. Please give me my stuff back

Original review: July 6, 2018

I’ve been submitting poems to Poetry.com since 2003 or 2004. Maybe even before! Over a DECADE for sure! Sometimes I’d get an email alerting me that my work had been reviewed or read by someone. I seldom go on the website but had need to retrieve one of my pieces. To my dismay it’s apparently mysteriously disappeared with literally millions of poems! Mine included. I do have a few hard copies of my work, but not all of it. I have also founded that they were scamming people, which I already suspected, and trying to get them to buy their “anthology” book with their published poem; no matter how poorly written the poem was.

I know this because I write a couple really bad ones to see what would happen and sure enough, I’d get a letter telling me I’d been “chosen” for my poetry to be added to the collection. And oh... by the way, did I want to sign up for one of these pricey copies? So disappointed that people are so flippant about someone’s work of the heart and soul with zero regard for anything but their own personal gain. Add me to the list of sad victims here. Some of my work went up into cyberspace as well. Live and learn.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have been writing poems for a long time since I was about 15 years of age. I used poetry.com at that time and wrote several poems. I was just browsing as I am getting back into poetry and short stories and thought about my old poems I wanted to retrieve. I went on the website and nothing was there. All I want is to be able to retrieve my old poems as they were special and plays a big part of my life. Thanks.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Add me to the list of disgruntled users of this website! Many poems submitted over the years only to see them all disappear! Now I guess I shall begin the net search for my work to see if I too need to pursue legal action!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Well, I have posted several poem there. The most things I've ever done is keep looking their web to retrieve my poem, but without any notifications and warn, they just disappear. I have some poem that relate my own life. I've been in Poetry.com maybe around 3-4 years and my work just disappear like that. Real great. Even if I did remember my writing, at least some people already know about your share. And the most important poem that I don't remember is gone. The poem dedicated for my teacher, poem that continues my failure in the stage. I just want she proud of me, continue what is it not completed. But now it's gone. Just great.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I submitted many poems over the years! Now they’re all gone??? I’d see them posted on other sites but I was NEVER given credit for them! Now I can’t even find all the work I submitted to them? Where is my work? Where are my words??? I’m so upset!

Original review: May 30, 2018

WHO is going to be HELD RESPONSIBLE For ALL my missing POEMS? I am Mrs. Carol ** and have written a lot of poetry on www.poetry.com, only to find out that the site shut down. WHERE are MY POEMS... my WORDS? I am a PUBLISHED POET. I have WON AWARDS... I will SUE you!!! LuLu.com the OWNER of the site you bought, poetry.com... I want MY WORDS BACK, NOW!!!

Original review: May 28, 2018

When I was 15 Poetry.com tricked me into submitting my poem to their poetry contest. They told me that I would receive money if I won. Well I did win but they decide they wanted me to pay them but they would still publish my poem and they did however I can not no longer find my poem A Strong Woman. They stole my thoughts and I want them back along with the money I was promised. My poem was used on their site for over 25 years.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was viewing post on Facebook. Run across one of my personal poems that I posted 2001. Called Stairway to Heaven. I never been compensate for it so what give them the right to make money off of it and plus ordered a book never received it. Now there is an database error. Someone is gonna pay for my work being blasted. If it weren't that good why is my work on post. That's mine... I'm freaking pissed off.

Original review: May 23, 2018

What the heck, I am very upset!!! All my poems are gone... Why has this happened? I can't find them, some of them I won't be able to retrieve... My hard drive got corrupted and I thought Poetry.com would still have my poems on file...

Original review: May 20, 2018

I've submitted 3 poems here since 1997, been published, then had to pay full price for books. No problem, but I wanted to show my friend online where they could put some poems at, and it's gone. And reading all these other testimonies, I am afraid to know what happened to them. I'm in a lawsuit so Poetry.com knows what they did was way unfair. Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I submitted poems in the 90's and 1 was published in a table book of poetry. I have noticed recently that at least 4 other people have stolen my poems and added their verbiage to them and posted them on various poetry websites. I have emailed each site requesting they be taken down. I still have my original work that I wrote in the 70's. I agree with everyone else that poetry.com should send us our work and be responsible for what has happened. This is so wrong to first block us from retrieving our own work and second to allow others to steal it. I would also participate in a class action suit but mostly I would like my work returned to me.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I began writing when I was around 12 when I lost my grandmother in 05. It took a toll on me and writing poems seemed to be the only way to get any comfort. I found Poetry.com and began uploading my poems to the site under my own little profile, all through 9th and 10th grade. I then stopped for a little while and went back to check it out, only to find out that they had moved the site to some Lulu Poetry. You had to find all of your poems yourself and claim them.

Sad to say, I wasn't able to even remember half of the titles... So basically my poems that meant so much to me where out there in the cyber world for someone else to call their own. I only found about 4 of my poems and I had at least 15. I'm really hurt and I want all of my work back. To make matters worse, recently they took down the Lulu Poetry site. So I can't even go back to the ones I had found. I'm willing to file a suit if I have to. I feel like it's theft. Especially when you didn't get notified about any changes. I need help, can anyone help me please?

Original review: May 2, 2018

I am very upset that I cannot find my work. After reading all the complaints I think we should all get in on a class action lawsuit. I do not know how to go about this but we all know that our work is out there and we deserve it back. Every poem means something different to each and everyone of us and all we are asking for is it back. The company should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: April 30, 2018

As an avid poet and after pouring my heart out on paper for endless hours at a time, Poetry.com published my content and RAN OFF with my works! I am very upset. I wrote as a teen after my dad passed so this is super important to me. If anyone knows how to recover them please don't hesitate to email me at ** and I am up for a group lawsuit.

Original review: April 29, 2018

For years I had an account with Poetry.com. I stopped writing for them early on when one of my poems was put under someone else's name. They never corrected the problem when I alerted them to it. Now they have completely gone apparently and I have no way to know what happened to the work I had there.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Have been around a year or so and still not able to recover the poems which I have been writing for at least two years. I have sent emails as well but there is no response to it. It would be good if they resolve the problem as soon as possible. I look forward for their reply and resolution to this problem.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Web Archive.org may show your poems from Poetry.org - If you were listed as a winner on the site. You can click your name and your winning poem will come up. The name search field didn’t work. The archived site will at least show your winning work. You may only recover one. Maybe it’s something. I was only a finalist and published in their scam anthology so I wasn’t able to find mines. I pray you continue to write. It’s been a long time, but I was inspired to write 3 today. Praise God. It’s been a while. Keep writing poets!

Original review: April 6, 2018

I'm seriously upset to find I cannot retrieve my poems I've submitted to them!!! This is insanity and makes zero sense. I've only submitted 2 or 3 years back but originals were lost in flooding and now it appears I will never have them again. This is completely irresponsible on the part of Poetry.com.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I've written several poems on Poetry.com... After the change of website I tried locating my poems or my account, I found nothing, I even sent several emails to them asking of how I can at least retrieve my poems, and as usual just radio silence. I certainly want my poems back... I have several people who were present during the times of which they were written, and would definitely take severe actions should I find my poems published anywhere without my authorization.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have written about 50 poems on poetry.com over a span of about 15 years or longer. The first time they changed their policies you had to review other poets in order to retrieve your poems. You couldn't just go back and get your poetry, and it took a long time to go through all of the hoops of reviewing other poets, and submitting new poems just to get one poem at a time back from the archives. I found it very frustrating. A lot of these poems were lost due to domestic violence when I had to flee from my home and the only place I knew they were safe was on Poetry.com, or so I thought. But now the company seems to have vanished and my poetry seems to have disappeared with it. And some of these poems were copyrighted because things were done different back in the day. I want my poems back, these belong to me. A lot of the poems were about domestic violence, and they helped me get through some very dark times of my life.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Poetry.com has been my poetry cornerstone since 1996. Management changes made it difficult to retrieve your works of art at times. Now, my free-form, tanka, and haiku poems can't be seen nor retrieved. Prior administration would contact you via email to resolve issues; not now. I'm a published poet placed in the Library of Congress so this unethical business practice is truly disturbing. All I ask is to have all my poems given back to me by email. I can be at peace knowing Poetry.com at least gave the poems back to me since the poems are my legacy for my sons.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I wrote and submitted many poems to this site and now it appears they have stolen them. I can't afford to sue them but would be happy to add my support if someone else decides to sue these people. I just want MY property back.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Just like all the others, my poems are gone. My poems all had copyrights, does that account for anything? I just want them back. Can we sue them for not informing us to at least retrieve them before deleting the accounts?

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have been submitting poetry to Poetry.com since the 90's. I always knew that if I ever lost my hard copy I could retrieve it from my Poetry.com account. That is until recently, they deleted my account and all of my work. As well as thousands of other users'. I lost my hard copies in a house fire and now that I go to Poetry.com, I find that not only do I not have an account, but my poetry is nowhere to be found. I wrote a poem for my daughter while I was in prison, and now that we have been re-united, I am unable to share it with her. Thanks for NOTHING Poetry.com. Beware, DO NOT USE THEIR SITE.

Poetry.com Company Information

poetry.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business