1.06/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

171 Poetry.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I just found Invoking the Muse on Amazon. I paid $8.95 for it through Thrifty Books. My poem was published in this book originally. 3 copies were purchased at $79.00 (author price) in 2004 through Poetry.com after receiving notification my poem was selected and authorization was needed by me to publish in Invoking the Muse. The book I just ordered does not have my poem in it. Why? Because the original ones they shipped from Poetry.com/Watermark Press just put my poem in the books I ordered. SCAMMING money out of people... Watch out for more scams from this company as I've noticed they are using multiple names.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

My poems like so many others are gone. I want them back too. I have two poems. One was personal to me. The other was for a friend of mine. I really would like those back. I have no copy from moving. One. I just need those back. I have forgotten parts of the poem and I would like to see it all. And make a copy of both of my poems. If anyone wants to sues them. I am definitely IN.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Like everyone has already stated, our works are gone. We all loved our work and spoke from our heart and souls. So the question is what can we do? What is the next step? It appears that LULU.com or lulupoetry.com bought out Poetry.com, As far as I can tell my works are not on their page so where did they go? They say that when something is put out online, it never goes away, it is always there however it seems our works are gone. Sadly because of an accident a few years ago, I no longer can remember the names of all of my poems and have no skill to write now. I really wish to have that part of me back. If anyone knows what we can do or how to get our works back please email me!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Can't find my work anywhere. I have over 4 poems written with them. I just want my work back. I wrote poems for several years. I just want my work I worked hard to write back. It's unfair and illegal to keep others' work as their own.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I also like so many others have wrote and posted poems on Poetry.com and now our work is gone. This is against the law to take others' work as your own. I wrote a poem to my daughter when she was a baby. That is now gone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poetry.com?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

As all of the other reviewers have said, all of my work is gone. I wrote poems to my son that I thought would be there when he grew up to read but they aren't anymore. I wrote one about my mother that helped me process my abuse. This is heart wrenching! If anyone wants to start a mass lawsuit, I'm in!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I, like many others, write to express my feelings and or thoughts. I had paper copies of my poems but lost them in a move. Now I have no access to them thanks to Poetry.com suddenly DISAPPEARING! Part of my life, feelings, thoughts and ME...just POOF!! GONE!! How can they even do that??

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have had poems published and posted many poems through Poetry.com I have no access to and cannot find. My poetry is how I work through my past trauma and sharing them helps others. Absolutely devastated.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I wrote several poems and put on Poetry.com over the past several years. I tried to go on today to retrieve them to put in a binder, but they are gone. They are my feelings and thoughts, I should've able to access them when I want. I would like to know how to retrieve them or what I can do.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I wrote and posted over 2000 poems between 2012-201. We are suppose to get a badge after 25000 points then 100,000 points. I had over a million and no badge which should have been a red flag. I used my own name Bobby **. I have all poems signed and dated and used to get them off Google as I shared with all major sites but could do so after reviews. Song producing companies also know of my work as do the American national library as new works of literature but this company needs to come clean. Twitter has all my poems and I have many highly noted friends in government.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Decided out of the blue to get on Poetry.com and get my old poems from back in the day (one was actually published in a book) and I cant! Someone help how can I get access to them since there's no Poetry.com anymore?! I want them bad! Email me into on what to do **. I'm not happy!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I was a daily writer of Poetry.com for about five years. Without warning, all my years of writing were lost. I have some hard copy, but a lot of it was lost without any warning to the writer. I am confused how this could happen and would like to find my years of writing. If someone reads this and can clue me in on how to get my writing, please contact me at **. It is so unethical to post a writing blog and have it disappear with content that belongs to the writer. I would love to have this investigated please.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have put a lot of my poems on Poetry.com over the years so I thought I would go on there and put some more on their site and to see how many reviews I got on them good or bad but now there is no more Poetry.com. It is gone. Even all my poems that belong to me not Poetry.com or anyone else. I want all my stuff back and to prove that I have poems there. All my stuff was signed Scott ** so what the hell give you the right to rip people off by ** stealing their stuff and using it like it’s all yours. We all made your site not you. That is all of our work not yours. Give our stuff back. It all belongs to us not ** Poetry.com or whoever you think you are. Not even if someone bought them out. It all ours.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I submitted my own personal thoughts and words to this site few years ago that they actually published but I have not been able to find this site and they have my poems. This is horrible to do this to people. Those poems are people's personal thoughts. How dare you. Please find a way to retrieve and send our stuff back to us.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have been a poet submitter for the website Poetry.com since about mid 2001. Now none of the poems I have submitted are available. I would like to know why I can't find my poems. Those were my honest and true thoughts that now I can't access. Can anyone help me find my poems?

Original review: July 16, 2018

I am one that has submitted a few poems on Poetry.com several years ago. Has anyone had any luck on retrieving their poems? If so can you please help me. This sucks for everyone that's had this happen, because now... so far poems are locked away with no way of getting them back.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Hello. My name is Kenisha ** and I started using Poetry.com years ago. This really makes me upset to know that I submitted my hard and truest emotional moments, only to find out that the site has just up and vanished. Who can we contact? Is this the end all - be all? Many poets like myself do not deserve this at all. I decided try to log in today to find my old poems for an upcoming project and just like that... NOTHING!!! Not FAIR!!! Someone PLEASE HELP US.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I've been on Poetry.com since 2000. They said I was an amateur for the year for 2001. 2003-2004 I'm I stopped writing for a few years. I go back to retrieve my stuff and add a few more. In the sight of God where's my stuff? I really like to know. They even invited me to come to Disney World to be a part of their parade one year they had in Florida. I just want my stuff back. I worked hard for it. My heart and soul is in it. Personal feelings are in that. Please give me my stuff back

Original review: July 6, 2018

I’ve been submitting poems to Poetry.com since 2003 or 2004. Maybe even before! Over a DECADE for sure! Sometimes I’d get an email alerting me that my work had been reviewed or read by someone. I seldom go on the website but had need to retrieve one of my pieces. To my dismay it’s apparently mysteriously disappeared with literally millions of poems! Mine included. I do have a few hard copies of my work, but not all of it. I have also founded that they were scamming people, which I already suspected, and trying to get them to buy their “anthology” book with their published poem; no matter how poorly written the poem was.

I know this because I write a couple really bad ones to see what would happen and sure enough, I’d get a letter telling me I’d been “chosen” for my poetry to be added to the collection. And oh... by the way, did I want to sign up for one of these pricey copies? So disappointed that people are so flippant about someone’s work of the heart and soul with zero regard for anything but their own personal gain. Add me to the list of sad victims here. Some of my work went up into cyberspace as well. Live and learn.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have been writing poems for a long time since I was about 15 years of age. I used poetry.com at that time and wrote several poems. I was just browsing as I am getting back into poetry and short stories and thought about my old poems I wanted to retrieve. I went on the website and nothing was there. All I want is to be able to retrieve my old poems as they were special and plays a big part of my life. Thanks.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Add me to the list of disgruntled users of this website! Many poems submitted over the years only to see them all disappear! Now I guess I shall begin the net search for my work to see if I too need to pursue legal action!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Well, I have posted several poem there. The most things I've ever done is keep looking their web to retrieve my poem, but without any notifications and warn, they just disappear. I have some poem that relate my own life. I've been in Poetry.com maybe around 3-4 years and my work just disappear like that. Real great. Even if I did remember my writing, at least some people already know about your share. And the most important poem that I don't remember is gone. The poem dedicated for my teacher, poem that continues my failure in the stage. I just want she proud of me, continue what is it not completed. But now it's gone. Just great.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I submitted many poems over the years! Now they’re all gone??? I’d see them posted on other sites but I was NEVER given credit for them! Now I can’t even find all the work I submitted to them? Where is my work? Where are my words??? I’m so upset!

Original review: May 30, 2018

WHO is going to be HELD RESPONSIBLE For ALL my missing POEMS? I am Mrs. Carol ** and have written a lot of poetry on www.poetry.com, only to find out that the site shut down. WHERE are MY POEMS... my WORDS? I am a PUBLISHED POET. I have WON AWARDS... I will SUE you!!! LuLu.com the OWNER of the site you bought, poetry.com... I want MY WORDS BACK, NOW!!!

Original review: May 28, 2018

When I was 15 Poetry.com tricked me into submitting my poem to their poetry contest. They told me that I would receive money if I won. Well I did win but they decide they wanted me to pay them but they would still publish my poem and they did however I can not no longer find my poem A Strong Woman. They stole my thoughts and I want them back along with the money I was promised. My poem was used on their site for over 25 years.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was viewing post on Facebook. Run across one of my personal poems that I posted 2001. Called Stairway to Heaven. I never been compensate for it so what give them the right to make money off of it and plus ordered a book never received it. Now there is an database error. Someone is gonna pay for my work being blasted. If it weren't that good why is my work on post. That's mine... I'm freaking pissed off.

Original review: May 23, 2018

What the heck, I am very upset!!! All my poems are gone... Why has this happened? I can't find them, some of them I won't be able to retrieve... My hard drive got corrupted and I thought Poetry.com would still have my poems on file...

Original review: May 20, 2018

I've submitted 3 poems here since 1997, been published, then had to pay full price for books. No problem, but I wanted to show my friend online where they could put some poems at, and it's gone. And reading all these other testimonies, I am afraid to know what happened to them. I'm in a lawsuit so Poetry.com knows what they did was way unfair. Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I submitted poems in the 90's and 1 was published in a table book of poetry. I have noticed recently that at least 4 other people have stolen my poems and added their verbiage to them and posted them on various poetry websites. I have emailed each site requesting they be taken down. I still have my original work that I wrote in the 70's. I agree with everyone else that poetry.com should send us our work and be responsible for what has happened. This is so wrong to first block us from retrieving our own work and second to allow others to steal it. I would also participate in a class action suit but mostly I would like my work returned to me.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I began writing when I was around 12 when I lost my grandmother in 05. It took a toll on me and writing poems seemed to be the only way to get any comfort. I found Poetry.com and began uploading my poems to the site under my own little profile, all through 9th and 10th grade. I then stopped for a little while and went back to check it out, only to find out that they had moved the site to some Lulu Poetry. You had to find all of your poems yourself and claim them.

Sad to say, I wasn't able to even remember half of the titles... So basically my poems that meant so much to me where out there in the cyber world for someone else to call their own. I only found about 4 of my poems and I had at least 15. I'm really hurt and I want all of my work back. To make matters worse, recently they took down the Lulu Poetry site. So I can't even go back to the ones I had found. I'm willing to file a suit if I have to. I feel like it's theft. Especially when you didn't get notified about any changes. I need help, can anyone help me please?

Poetry.com Company Information

poetry.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.