1.05/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

151 Poetry.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 9, 2018

Add me to the list of disgruntled users of this website! Many poems submitted over the years only to see them all disappear! Now I guess I shall begin the net search for my work to see if I too need to pursue legal action!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Well, I have posted several poem there. The most things I've ever done is keep looking their web to retrieve my poem, but without any notifications and warn, they just disappear. I have some poem that relate my own life. I've been in Poetry.com maybe around 3-4 years and my work just disappear like that. Real great. Even if I did remember my writing, at least some people already know about your share. And the most important poem that I don't remember is gone. The poem dedicated for my teacher, poem that continues my failure in the stage. I just want she proud of me, continue what is it not completed. But now it's gone. Just great.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I submitted many poems over the years! Now they’re all gone??? I’d see them posted on other sites but I was NEVER given credit for them! Now I can’t even find all the work I submitted to them? Where is my work? Where are my words??? I’m so upset!

Original review: May 30, 2018

WHO is going to be HELD RESPONSIBLE For ALL my missing POEMS? I am Mrs. Carol ** and have written a lot of poetry on www.poetry.com, only to find out that the site shut down. WHERE are MY POEMS... my WORDS? I am a PUBLISHED POET. I have WON AWARDS... I will SUE you!!! LuLu.com the OWNER of the site you bought, poetry.com... I want MY WORDS BACK, NOW!!!

Original review: May 28, 2018

When I was 15 Poetry.com tricked me into submitting my poem to their poetry contest. They told me that I would receive money if I won. Well I did win but they decide they wanted me to pay them but they would still publish my poem and they did however I can not no longer find my poem A Strong Woman. They stole my thoughts and I want them back along with the money I was promised. My poem was used on their site for over 25 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poetry.com?

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was viewing post on Facebook. Run across one of my personal poems that I posted 2001. Called Stairway to Heaven. I never been compensate for it so what give them the right to make money off of it and plus ordered a book never received it. Now there is an database error. Someone is gonna pay for my work being blasted. If it weren't that good why is my work on post. That's mine... I'm freaking pissed off.

Original review: May 23, 2018

What the heck, I am very upset!!! All my poems are gone... Why has this happened? I can't find them, some of them I won't be able to retrieve... My hard drive got corrupted and I thought Poetry.com would still have my poems on file...

Original review: May 20, 2018

I've submitted 3 poems here since 1997, been published, then had to pay full price for books. No problem, but I wanted to show my friend online where they could put some poems at, and it's gone. And reading all these other testimonies, I am afraid to know what happened to them. I'm in a lawsuit so Poetry.com knows what they did was way unfair. Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I submitted poems in the 90's and 1 was published in a table book of poetry. I have noticed recently that at least 4 other people have stolen my poems and added their verbiage to them and posted them on various poetry websites. I have emailed each site requesting they be taken down. I still have my original work that I wrote in the 70's. I agree with everyone else that poetry.com should send us our work and be responsible for what has happened. This is so wrong to first block us from retrieving our own work and second to allow others to steal it. I would also participate in a class action suit but mostly I would like my work returned to me.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I began writing when I was around 12 when I lost my grandmother in 05. It took a toll on me and writing poems seemed to be the only way to get any comfort. I found Poetry.com and began uploading my poems to the site under my own little profile, all through 9th and 10th grade. I then stopped for a little while and went back to check it out, only to find out that they had moved the site to some Lulu Poetry. You had to find all of your poems yourself and claim them.

Sad to say, I wasn't able to even remember half of the titles... So basically my poems that meant so much to me where out there in the cyber world for someone else to call their own. I only found about 4 of my poems and I had at least 15. I'm really hurt and I want all of my work back. To make matters worse, recently they took down the Lulu Poetry site. So I can't even go back to the ones I had found. I'm willing to file a suit if I have to. I feel like it's theft. Especially when you didn't get notified about any changes. I need help, can anyone help me please?

Original review: May 2, 2018

I am very upset that I cannot find my work. After reading all the complaints I think we should all get in on a class action lawsuit. I do not know how to go about this but we all know that our work is out there and we deserve it back. Every poem means something different to each and everyone of us and all we are asking for is it back. The company should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: April 30, 2018

As an avid poet and after pouring my heart out on paper for endless hours at a time, Poetry.com published my content and RAN OFF with my works! I am very upset. I wrote as a teen after my dad passed so this is super important to me. If anyone knows how to recover them please don't hesitate to email me at ** and I am up for a group lawsuit.

Original review: April 29, 2018

For years I had an account with Poetry.com. I stopped writing for them early on when one of my poems was put under someone else's name. They never corrected the problem when I alerted them to it. Now they have completely gone apparently and I have no way to know what happened to the work I had there.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Have been around a year or so and still not able to recover the poems which I have been writing for at least two years. I have sent emails as well but there is no response to it. It would be good if they resolve the problem as soon as possible. I look forward for their reply and resolution to this problem.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Web Archive.org may show your poems from Poetry.org - If you were listed as a winner on the site. You can click your name and your winning poem will come up. The name search field didn’t work. The archived site will at least show your winning work. You may only recover one. Maybe it’s something. I was only a finalist and published in their scam anthology so I wasn’t able to find mines. I pray you continue to write. It’s been a long time, but I was inspired to write 3 today. Praise God. It’s been a while. Keep writing poets!

Original review: April 6, 2018

I'm seriously upset to find I cannot retrieve my poems I've submitted to them!!! This is insanity and makes zero sense. I've only submitted 2 or 3 years back but originals were lost in flooding and now it appears I will never have them again. This is completely irresponsible on the part of Poetry.com.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I've written several poems on Poetry.com... After the change of website I tried locating my poems or my account, I found nothing, I even sent several emails to them asking of how I can at least retrieve my poems, and as usual just radio silence. I certainly want my poems back... I have several people who were present during the times of which they were written, and would definitely take severe actions should I find my poems published anywhere without my authorization.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have written about 50 poems on poetry.com over a span of about 15 years or longer. The first time they changed their policies you had to review other poets in order to retrieve your poems. You couldn't just go back and get your poetry, and it took a long time to go through all of the hoops of reviewing other poets, and submitting new poems just to get one poem at a time back from the archives. I found it very frustrating. A lot of these poems were lost due to domestic violence when I had to flee from my home and the only place I knew they were safe was on Poetry.com, or so I thought. But now the company seems to have vanished and my poetry seems to have disappeared with it. And some of these poems were copyrighted because things were done different back in the day. I want my poems back, these belong to me. A lot of the poems were about domestic violence, and they helped me get through some very dark times of my life.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Poetry.com has been my poetry cornerstone since 1996. Management changes made it difficult to retrieve your works of art at times. Now, my free-form, tanka, and haiku poems can't be seen nor retrieved. Prior administration would contact you via email to resolve issues; not now. I'm a published poet placed in the Library of Congress so this unethical business practice is truly disturbing. All I ask is to have all my poems given back to me by email. I can be at peace knowing Poetry.com at least gave the poems back to me since the poems are my legacy for my sons.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I wrote and submitted many poems to this site and now it appears they have stolen them. I can't afford to sue them but would be happy to add my support if someone else decides to sue these people. I just want MY property back.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Just like all the others, my poems are gone. My poems all had copyrights, does that account for anything? I just want them back. Can we sue them for not informing us to at least retrieve them before deleting the accounts?

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have been submitting poetry to Poetry.com since the 90's. I always knew that if I ever lost my hard copy I could retrieve it from my Poetry.com account. That is until recently, they deleted my account and all of my work. As well as thousands of other users'. I lost my hard copies in a house fire and now that I go to Poetry.com, I find that not only do I not have an account, but my poetry is nowhere to be found. I wrote a poem for my daughter while I was in prison, and now that we have been re-united, I am unable to share it with her. Thanks for NOTHING Poetry.com. Beware, DO NOT USE THEIR SITE.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I write to submit my displeasure and great disappointment and LOST of WILL OF MIGHT that poetry.com has COST me. I have been submitting POEMS more than 15 years now on poetry.com, I lost count of numbers of poems I have in my account, why? Because writing poems is my life hobby and gift, until last year that I couldn't locate the site online. It was like I was rip off my gift, and lost What made me feel human. Ever since, I find it difficult to put pen on paper and write. I lost everything, EVERYTHING.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I'm sure that many others like myself have not found their posted poems. I had a good bunch! About 10-12 posted with one being a very important one about war veterans and mothers. I want all of them! If there is a way to get them I want them back... sentimental reasons more than money!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Submitted 60+ poems to this site, can't retrieve 1, considering legal action as a last resort. Totally disgusted they could delete poems from so many authors around the world with no notification. Don't use this site!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have been writing since age of 10, when I found Poetry.com I was very excited to share my work. For a couple of years I was unable to access the internet, recently I have started to write again so I decided I'd look up some of my older work. Especially a poem called "Lost" that was the first poem I ever wrote. Nothing, can find it anywhere, no letter stating that I would no longer have access to it, can't find the book it was suppose to be published in, Nothing. Poetry.com please inform your writers of how to retrieve our work from your archives.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have been writing and submitting my poems on Poetry.com for at least 15 years. I can't count the number of poems they've deleted. I cannot believe all my hard work, thoughts, feelings, a part of me has just vanished without notice. I would think poetry.com would at least afford me the opportunity to save my work. This is very much unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I am beyond pissed off! If I could choose 0 stars I would... I had at least 4 poems on poetry.com and now they have vanished without warning. I trusted that putting them on poetry.com I would always have access to MY work but how wrong I was. I just want to know where are my poems???

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I have preserved 10-15 poems that I had been writing from time to time, starting 2000. All these years, the poems were preserved and I stopped worrying about its copy, and this became the source of truth. Little did I envisage that my records will just vanish one day. Now, my account no longer exists, nor my poems. This is simply not acceptable. Will someone in Poetry.com get my poetries back please.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

When I was 16 I wrote a poem called Red, White, and Blue that was in 2001 after 9/11. It was a poem in honor of those people and my country. I have tried every way I can think of to get my poems back from these scammers. When I go to the link they send me it comes up page error and says, "Site doesn't exist." There are many other poems they've said they published of mine but I was just a kid. I used my money from working on our family tobacco farm to buy the book and never received it. All these years I have been trying to get something some kind of response. But sadly nothing.

Poetry.com Company Information