Poetry.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First off, they provide an option to sign up AND log in via email address. But one has to reset his password every log in because the CORRECT password is not accepted. Not ever. Second, one cannot change the avatar. Page simply reloads and nothing changes. Third, after a couple of poems, one is FORCED to log in via twitter, fb or any other crap social media in order to post a review. Review is needed to publish poems. I do not have fb or twitter or anything. So I log in via email address. But now I can't even publish poems anymore cause I can't review without logging in on fb, twitter or other social media. Won't let me anymore.

Coupled with the constant necessity for resetting the password on every log in, and the issue with the avatar, I am very displeased to say that their 'customer service' isn't a 'service' at all. No response at all. I wonder if there is even anybody there. Very poor, and after 4 years of 'New' management their site is still littered with bugs and issues.

Then they DARE to claim that their staff works 24/7 'so they cannot personally answer every email'. Lol, that is just plain low and hypocrite. Very obvious. I'm not going back there soon, unless by miracle they solve those issues, or at least respond to my many pleas for assistance. Seeing the many complaints already filed for that site, I am NOT surprised. Didn't realize the experience there would be this bad. So I simply HAD to put this out, to warn others: "know what you're getting into there". Seems to be run by either idiots, or scammers.

I had a poem on Poetry.com some years ago called (Dark Angel From Hell). They sent me a letter saying that they were going to publish my poem in a book called (Immortal Verses). I never gave them permission to publish any of my poetry nor did they pay me for it instead they wanted me to pay them... how dare they mislead so many people to write a poem for a contest when their real intention was to steal these poems and publish them for their own profit and try to charge the people that they stole them from, if there is a lawsuit against them for this please let me know, I want in on making them pay for all the poetry (thoughts and feelings) that they stole from so many innocent people including myself.

I have been trying to post more poems and their site even though you fill out the title style and content it says, "you have not filled out content" every time then you lose the progress of the poem you are writing or the whole thing for that matter. I use Poetry Poem and PoetryVine and this problem does not happen. They at least let you put the poem up though I do not like new editor in Poetry Poem. The poetry sites are all free for the most part except PoetryVine which now charges you and Poetry Poem has a prime poet that you have to pay to be.

Poetry.com is annoying. Because of this you can't even trust this site in my opinion if they won't listen to your feedback that you're having a problem. I told them I was going to review them if they did not fix the error and it still is not taken care of. I also sent them 2 of my emails and they did not contact me on either one of them. I am disappointed because I like their points system and the critics are tough. They probably only rate what they like. I think that at least they should respond to their emails and let you at least know why so you're not in the dark.

Even when you're honest with your poetry you have people try to steal it and some of the poems I put on there were wrote before 2012 and they are not in the poetry archives which draws me to the conclusion that maybe my poetry is just good and not great. But anyway this is enough of a review and I told them by their messenger I was going to write it if they did not fix. I know I'm always in a hurry to solve these thing because I'm trying to enjoy my spontaneous writing. I give Poetry.com a 2 at best on stars if they don't have better technical support.

If nothing truly disappears on the internet, where are my poems? Am getting closer to having enough for my book and they are gone??? I get reminders in Facebook from when I had them copywritten and can get to none by links had...??? I want what is mine.

I tried to regain membership so I could continue at poetry.com by logging on through Facebook but after the log-in I was still blocked access to poetry.com. No reason has ever been given for my suspension and I have been unable to enter the site since 2014, after being a successful member for 4 years. I have now moved to Allpoetry.com where I have received a warm welcome. It would be nice to receive a communication from Poetry.com rather than SILENCE. Perhaps the site has been infiltrated by undesirables who close down anyone they don't like? Perhaps lesser poets?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poetry.com?

I have been writing poems since the death of my son. Posting them daily for an entire year. My laptop crashed and all writings were lost. So I go to the site and I'm not allowed in. Tried this several times. Today I try and the site has been closed. Where are my poems!!! I'm infuriated. Who now can be contacted to retrieve my works. Someone has to be accountable for this travesty.

Well I had submitted poems through this company/site as well. Mine are still there..but the current site is VERY slow and sluggish!! Ugh! Definitely not like it used to be which is very sad. I do recall when the site was bust... but now it seems it's returned? I am at least published for all my hard work.

A few days ago, I submitted a email to them because constantly there were issues with me logging in, then I noticed that my poems weren't even reviewed twice, which makes me feel like their blocking my poetry, & for about the 3rd time asked of why I can't post a photo on my profile like most people, every time I Tried which was at least 15 times, it says error. Sometimes when I post a new poem it will say error. & I have a snapshot of this email. Then a few days later I noticed that I now can not log back into the site, so I'm banned from my profile(?) because I asked them questions. When I try to edit my profile it won't allow me to. I also have snapshots of my poems because they have been acting funny towards me for no reason. I do now wish I had not trusted or referred them to others. How can you help me with this? Not limited too. Thank you.

I also like so many others have been lied to. I have submitted so many poems (my prize possessions), my life, my feeling, my hopes and dreams, etc.. I think all of users feel we should get compensation for all the fraud we were put through. We trusted them what they have to offer we have been waiting a lifetime for. Writers dreams is having their voice in print for everyone to enjoy. They should be made to pay, if it was anyone else they would been made to.

I appear to have been black listed. I have tried to get a response from the organizers of the website but after several emails, I have received no explanation for this. It's like talking to a 'brick wall'. They never reply to your emails. I had been a member since 2010 but in 2014 I started to find it impossible to enter poems. I had noticed during my time on the website, there appeared to be certain groups of 'poets' who worked together as a 'clique' to improve their status. I refused to join in this way since the quality of work by these people, in some cases, was poor.

Presumably if one was honest in your reviews you would be punished by the website. You are not allowed to make honest comments about other's work, even if it is rubbish. Not that I would dare make such a comment. The number 1 and 2 poets on this site appear to write the same thing over and over again and I fear for their sanity. Sadly this site does not promote good quality poetry but encourages short poor compositions with little or no literary value. Mainly due to the points system in use.

I am so mad I want all poems back. Where are they and why can't I complain? This is not right at all. I wanna know where my poems are and songs. A lifetime of poetry was put into this. I was told poetry.com was a trusted site. Well who's trusted now??? What do I do?

Several poems were selected for anthologies and I was 'selected' to attend several of the award ceremonies. I just could not understand why I had to pay to get my winnings. I could not afford the trip or the cost of the anthologies. If my work was selected for the published anthologies, I am curious to know what has become of my work. My poems was submitted under the name Dona **. At the time I lived in Brooklyn, NY.

Poetry.com has stolen my poems. I have been sending them my poems for years. I was chosen editor's choice then want me to pay to have my poems printed in book after they told me it was free. I want my poems back. I lost my original ones in a house fire. I know poetry.com has my copy. How do I get them back?

My name is Lena **. I had published pages of poetry on poetry.com. Those poems are gone. The account is unattainable. No consequences occurred. There's no one to contact concerning the lost poetry. "The Traveler's" + is my poem.

I wrote heartfelt poems on the website and participated in contests. I went back to the website and the website was longer there? It's not fair that someone else is getting paid for my poetry. Good thing I didn't put too many up there.

Mainly from the old original poetry.com website, missing everything I submitted, was all copy written from their site and copy-write was updated every year. Slowly after they sold out to Lulu my stuff went missing and never did show up on Lulu as was indicated would happen. I have my poems written down and saved but it is the moral of the matter that is eating at me. I trusted them and submitted poems in their contest for years and years. I want all of it back from them as it was posted to their site.

Cannot access Poetry Site. My poems are very meaningful to me and to have other people playing games like this makes me very angry. I want back all my work that I put deep thoughts into. Thank you!

I was contacted by Poetry.com who stated that my poem would be featured as the best poem of 2012. So I ordered the poem books and have waited since then with no response from their company since March 07, 2013. I wrote to them requesting they cancel my order as I recently discovered it was a scam. This is their sales pitch: "I have decided to feature you and your poetic artistry on a page devoted exclusively to you! As a featured poet, you are now eligible to win 115 prizes totaling $10,000 that will be awarded to featured poets in this highly anticipated volume! Prizes will be announced on June 1, 2013. As a Best Poet of 2012, you'll also receive free two Best Poet of 2012 Awards Lapel Pins that have been designed in recognition of you and your poetic accomplishments."

I then received this from PayPal: You sent a payment of $174 USD to World Poetry Movement. Mar 7, 2013 17:01:28 PST, Receipt No: **. I emailed them and never received a response. Is Poetry.com a legitimate company? PayPal responded by stating I must contact their offices.

I also wrote a poem for library of Poetry. A letter was sent saying I would be published in a book. I had to pay for the book and I wanted the plaque with purple flowers on it featuring my poem. I had to pay for that too. My poems are no longer on the site, you can't find my name or my poem. What happened? I am supposed to be published and copyrighted. The name of the poem is 'Reality of the Black Woman'. It can only be found now on Helium.com and on my Facebook page.

One of my best works was chosen in 2000 and published with copyrights. I have searched to no avail and my poem appears to have just vanished. I recently lost the original and the book it was in to a fire and to make it worse, I had written it about my best friend and husband whom I lost in a car accident. No amount of money could ever compensate. I’d give my right arm to have those timeless words returned and respected.

My poems were published under different name. I submitted my poems in 2002 and I found something I wrote today with a different name as the writer. I want this fixed.

I submitted letters to poetry.com for years about taking down my poems. Then they put a menu on their site that I could take down my poems off their website, so I did that. Then they shut down their website. Now, they are back up and one of my poems is on their site again. I have emailed them again and again and my poem is still there. I want my poem taken down called "Alone" and I want all my poems to stay off any sites they have. Please help. Thank you.

I have submitted a number of my written works to Poetry.com and I can not locate any of them. Then I randomly received an email that stated that one of my poems would be published in a book in April 2008. I responded and I have not heard anything back about neither my poetry or the book. I would like all my poems to be sent back to be via email as soon as possible.

I can't find my poems, you only have one listed. Where are the other ones? I may have had a different email address, which I may not have anymore. Could you please kindly send my poems to the above email address or help me access through this email address. I will provide you other necessary info if you would like. You might have my Hawaii address too.

I've dealt with poetry.com going back to early 2000. Like everyone here, I was promised to be published. They have so many of my poems and I can’t access any of them or find any existence that they are anywhere. I've searched everywhere for them. I'll never trust another site with my work ever again. I've lost something that I can never get back. It really hurts, especially when you're compassionate about writing like I am. I want my poetry back.

I too would like to know what has happened to my poetry! I was very passionate about writing, as most of you seem to be as well, and decided to post them online with poetry.com. I didn't worry too much about having a hard copy since things on the internet are around forever. What a mistake. I was talking with a professor about my writing and she was interested in seeing my poetry. Now, I look like a liar. To the person below me: What is the link you speak of? I would like to recover mine if possible.

Good luck to everyone else who is dealing with this idiotic company. If you find a solution, please post here again!

For many years, I posted my poetry as did the other poets and I continued to check in faith that by some miracle I would find my poems. It happened in same manner as it drifted from cyber space and they are back. It took some work but I found all my poems in the archives. Here is the link which my assist you. I hope this message find its way to the others so that they too can realize their fortune. Love and respect to my fellow poets who will soon retrieve their works of artistic expression!

I wrote a poem a few years ago and had it published on poetry.com. It is no longer there. I would, on occasion, go online and review my poem and I supposedly won an award for my poem. Now when I go to poetry.com, my poem is not there. I want my poem back!

Like the others, I submitted many poems online, which I don’t remember most of the names too, but I am very sure they would be under my full name. I was promised to be in a book titles Immortal Verses and then out of nowhere my poems were gone, the site was changed, and my name or poems don’t even show up on there anymore. I want my poems back! We deserve to sue. They deserve to go to prison for fraud.

All I read on here happened to me as well. I want my poems back. I got an Editor’s Choice award from them supposedly. And the award that I couldn’t afford to go to Vegas on either. It sounds like a fat scam. I truly just want my poetry back. I sure wish I would have made copies.

Poetry.com Company Profile