4.14/5

37 PLAY! by Sephora Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I thought about purchasing this box but I wasn't super convinced because there are so many out there it was hard to decide. I was in Sephora and it was mostly because the sales person sold me on it. I've tried other boxes because I like trying new things especially when it comes to make up. I love opening my mailbox and seeing a present each time it arrives. It's like Christmas. Each time it varies. And I get to try different companies that I would have never even considered buying. I wouldn't change anything. Throwing in a coupon every now and then would be great! Because make up is not cheap. This would encourage me to buy more.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

This box was a good value for the items offered ($10/month) and Sephora is a brand I trust. The skin care/make up/hair care is of good variety and I usually liked what I received each month. The bag changing with the different themes was very cute, I often kept the bags. This box offered a good potential variety of items and though I did not always use everything in each bag, it was still a good deal. I wish there had been a way to make each month's bag a bit more personalized while still being a surprise. I ended up with far more hair products that tended to do the same thing than I ever needed, and I wanted more skin care items.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I love Sephora and I liked that I would be guaranteed to get samples of products that are carried in Sephora. If I like something I can go to Sephora and buy it and plus it comes with a bag and a card for 50 BI points. I've only received one bag so far, the May bag. I really liked that it includes a good mix of good quality products. The brands are also ones that I am familiar with and so I know they are good. I love skincare and this had some skincare that I wanted to try and a hair product I had been wanting to sample. I also like that it includes a small fragrance sample each month. I was very pleased and I plan on continuing to purchase this bag. I'm just concerned about some reviews I have read online that the bag can be repetitive with certain products being sent out multiple times.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Love the items I get in each box, they are a good variety and are relevant to me, it is fun to try each one and I love the surprise element, I choose PLAY! because I love the Sephora store and they have high end quality products. I also like the variety and that I get to sample a number of make-up items that I would not try if I had to buy the full size and I get to see how they work for me w/o a big commitment and spending tons of money. But sometimes I wish I could choose more items. Yet it is fun to get a surprise each month, I would get one more often if I could, have more items in each box and get a sample of them if I wanted to, give me a choice for that.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

There was a promotion for it, tried free trial, enjoyed it and continued using it for quite a while. I liked that it came with a free trial to test it out. The box has a good mix of products that I can put on and see if I like it and order more specifically. However sometimes it feels like the items they send out are repetitive and sometimes they feel like they are on the low end of the quality scale. Would like to see that improve for the price I am paying on the subscription. Will continue to use until I settle on certain things I like or deem that it has become too expensive to continue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Play! by Sephora?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I purchased this because I saw an ad from Facebook and asked friends their experience with different boxes. Everyone I asked who used the box really enjoyed it. I also am familiar with their brand so I was able to trust it and feel comfortable with my purchase. I really liked the variety when the boxes came. I also liked how it was personalized to my tastes. All the make up was good quality. However, I did not use a lot of the products so it was like a waste of money. As much as I liked the stuff it just wasn't stiff I used often.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I was a customer of Play by Sephora (gift from sister) for only 2 months so not too familiar... I've had a couple of peels, dermabraison, face washes and hair dry wash. The last box always left me looking forward to the next box. It was exciting to see the new and different products and experiencing with them and hoping that it would be something that I would use in the future. When I did my profile I had my complexion and the shades preferred as a lipstick. Didn't feel though that it followed the type complexion, sending an appropriate shade to fit me. A foundation would be light.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I chose this beauty box because my 2 sisters also get it & they both rave about it. I really like the quality of the products that I receive. I get everything from beauty tools, eye makeup, lip, creams, and fragrances. It’s so fun to get new boxes all the time! I like the variety of the products and the box itself is really pretty too, like getting a Christmas present, so fun to open! The makeup in my most current box is the best, I will definitely buy again! I pretty much like everything, but now and then I don’t like the fragrances. I would prefer to receive fewer fragrances and just stick to more makeup or beauty tools. I would also like to see more number of products put into each and every box.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Cheaper products, eye liner, lip gloss, great makeup and great products. Fast shipping that mails stuff to your home every month with a free and a charge to your credit card every month. The contents were relative to me than most. The box is a surprise every month and things I am interested in and the cost is not that bad. Just wish I didn't have to be charged every month, would rather have a choice. Would like to choose my own days or months to ship items and to pick a few things I like so that I cannot have duplicates of the same item over and over again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

They offered a special. It was interesting. It had a strange combination of products that did not seem to go together. The products included shampoo and conditioner. I like the idea of sampling products. The mascara was fine but there was nothing in the box that I found overly exciting. I just think having larger products to review and complimentary products would make the process more fun. I think that they should have complementary products in the beauty box. The shampoo and conditioner were not large enough to truly know if I liked the products. I think it should have been a larger shampoo, conditioner, and maybe a wave tamer or something.

PLAY! by Sephora Company Information