2. Finance
  3. Money Transfer

3.8/5 (3366 ratings)

About PayPal

PayPal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Paypal is extraordinary, it's not difficult to utilize and I appreciate that it's accessible on so many trader's site look at. I generally utilize that alternative when it's free, and it has set aside me cash. I requested something I'd seen on the web and never got it; took a stab at reaching the shipper twice and got no reaction either time. I put a case in on the Paypal site and after they took a stab at reaching the business I got a full discount on the buy. I like that I can have various record installment alternatives and pick assuming I need to utilize a charge or Mastercard for my buy inside the Paypal framework with a keystroke.

I likewise like having the option to return to my Paypal record and print receipts for things on the off chance that I've lost the first receipts. On the other hand, if you're a teenager without any bank cards or credit card, Paypal isn't for you. There are two reasons, first is you're below 18 years old and the last one is you cannot verify your account without bank account.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Paypal is great, it's easy to use and I like that it's available on so many merchant's website check out. I always use that option when it's available, and it has saved me money. I ordered something I'd seen online and never received it; tried contacting the merchant twice and received no response either time. I put a claim in on the Paypal website and after they tried contacting the business I received a full refund on the purchase. I like that I can have multiple account payment options and choose if I want to use a debit or credit card for my purchase within the Paypal system with a keystroke. I also like being able to go back to my Paypal account and print receipts for items if I've misplaced the original receipts.

Get buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

They need to know more information on the sellers from other countries. I recently purchased an item from a website unknowing that it was coming from China. Within a few days the seller will acknowledge your purchase and send a tracking number. No word from the seller. I Contacted PayPal within a day. They had a tracking number. When my package was delivered it was a 3"x5" envelope with a two dollar phone case. I had ordered a game system. The seller was just trying to show an item was delivered so paypal would release my payment. Buyers need to know where their products are originating from. After almost a month I was given a full refund from PayPal.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

PayPal was there when I needed them, I tried with my friends & Family, & I was able to accomplish what I needed to do with no problems, I even send money to my grandson when he got married, & I was able to buy a washer yesterday with Paypal's help, Thank you, Paypal, so far I started my paypal about a year ago, and I pay under their no interest within 12 months, & I haven't had to pay any interest yet. I always make sure, I keep record of my payments, and pay before the interest is due. I'm very happy. They actually do that for you. They are a little expensive, but they are there when you need them!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I like PayPal because I can have my own personal PayPal.me address that is easy to send to people. I've never really had an issue using PayPal and it's an accepted form of payment on many websites, unlike other $ transfer services. The only downside is that when it comes to transferring $ between friends and family, Venmo and Cash App have become more popular in some circles. Idk why, PayPal is great. They also assist you in disputing a charge if you fell for a fraud or something like that on a website that accepted PayPal.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Used to be a fairly good service years ago and now turned into a complete junk! They don't want to process refund, complicate rules and procedures and you have to spend hours to try to get your $10 out of them! Definitely wouldn't recommend them anymore!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I had a PayPal balance of $140 I tried to send to someone. They took it out of my bank account instead (they have ALWAYS taken out of my PayPal balance first) which made my bank account negative. After waiting and confirming that the person received the money, and the transaction was posted to my bank account, I transferred the remaining $140 out of my PayPal balance to my bank account to even the balance. The next day, PayPal removed the transaction from my bank account, making me negative in the PayPal balance.

I called and asked why, they explained that they couldn’t receive the funds from my bank (even though it posted) and that I needed to pay them the $140. I was fine with that, and the representative agreed that I could make payments at my discretion to resolve the issue. PayPal then tried to authorize another $140 payment from my bank a week later that I did not give them permission to do. I called, the first representative hung up on me. The second representative got very snotty and told me they were going to “get their money either way” and refused to remove the unauthorized transaction. I will never use PayPal again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Paypal is a fraud. The company relies on being the middle man to COLLECT TAXES even if a transaction is reversed. There was a reversed transaction - which never happened - yet, The fraud company known as Paypal decided to CHARGE ME THE TAXES (THEY NEVER PAID - do you see the level of this fraud? They scam people and governments) and when I called and spoke to several agents telling me that the TOP MANAGER VENISSA (Agent Id **) got on the call and told me this is TAX (which was never paid) and that the time allowed passed. THE TIME ALLOWED MY ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED TO provide grounds for the scam to pass the time. Venissa refused to answer any of the question under grounds of "this is collections.

Paypal suspend the account. Then after a year the account was removed from suspension. 2 out of 3 agents tell me the person to remove the negative balance from. My account will be (venessa - agent id ** - who also refused to answer questions) confirmed the fraud behavior and refused to answer questions. Well, I hope the government looks into this issue.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I had account 10 yrs back. Never used it ever. Moved and changed life, city and everything except email...Never updated or even remembered it was there. Fast forward to today trying to shop and using checkout as guest even and was called imposelt and not able to purchase from this site because I didn't want to use Paypal but had an account. Called to speak to the 3 people to close this account so I can shop and they say they cannot because I don't remember my original info from 10 yrs back for an account that was never used. After finally speaking to a manager after one hour of wasted time I got it closed. I wonder if the company that I was trying to shop on knows that they missed my sale and how many others this is happening to????

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I have put in for a refund for transactions that was not for me and they told me because I knew the person that it had to be submit by the other person. Don't understand when it's my card that was used. So they took away his rights to use PayPal as a punishment but refused to return my funds. So then I go to state that I will no longer used them and they refuse to give my balance as they made me transfer it into a donation fund for them. Highly upset as I waited 2 weeks for some type of communication and I had to call to get what the lady did tell me.

PayPal author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

PayPal was founded in 1998, and eBay acquired it in 2002. The company now has nearly 200 million active customers, and in 2015 the company hosted approximately 4.9 billion transactions. Customers in more than 200 countries can use the company’s services and hold money in their accounts in 25 different currencies. Consumers can use the service to transfer money to other individuals, pay bills, make online purchases, make donations and obtain financing.

• Online payments: Consumers can use PayPal to check out on millions of websites. Those who are uncomfortable putting their credit card information on lots of different sites can pay with PayPal, ensuring their information is stored with a single company.

• Credit: PayPal Credit is the company’s financing option, which lets customers have flexible payment options. It can be used online, in stores and even to send money to someone else. Availability is subject to credit approval.

• App: Using the PayPal app, customers can make purchases in brick-and-mortar stores with their PayPal account, send money from their mobile device and check out with PayPal when shopping on their device. The app is available for Apple, Android and Microsoft devices.

• Recurring payments: Consumers can use their PayPal account to set up recurring payments for subscriptions for a variety of services, including Spotify, Netflix, Angie’s List, match.com, ancestry.com and more.

• Fees: Customers do not pay fees when they make a purchase with their PayPal account. When consumers send money to another individual’s PayPal account and use money already in their PayPal account or in a bank account linked to their PayPal account, there is no fee.

PayPal Company Information