2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.7/5 (2438 ratings)

About Overstock

Overstock is an online home products retailer that sells furniture, rugs, kitchen appliances and bathroom accessories. Overstock’s inventory also includes clothing, jewelry and children’s items. For an annual fee, customers may purchase a Club O membership, which includes rewards, free returns, price matching and discounts.

Pros

• Rewards program
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • New deals daily
  • Worldwide shipping

Cons

• Long delivery times
  • Not all items eligible for return

Bottom Line

Overstock.com offers a selection of various home furnishings, appliances and decors with multiple designs, styles and price points. The company sells liquidated items from numerous brands.

Top Overstock Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We recently purchased a bathroom sink and vanity from Overstock.com. When it arrived, I saw Fedex drop it out of their truck onto the pavement! ... Long story short, Overstock imm...

Verified

Their website is simple, easy to use and fast to load. They got good selection and good price on different home goods. Plus, they got sales all the time and have easy return polic...

What is Overstock.com?

Overstock.com is an online retailer that sells furniture, appliances, home decor, home improvement items, outdoor equipment and decor, electronics, pet supplies, apparel for adults and children, jewelry and sewing and craft items. Its inventory is liquidated merchandise from other retailers.

Many items on Overstock.com are priced lower than other online retailers. Buyers can shop by featured sales, new arrivals and clearance within each department.

Overstock prices

Because Overstock.com offers a wide selection of home goods, outdoor toys, electronics, beauty supplies and clothing, its prices vary significantly. Overstock.com has a reputation for being affordable, and it offers new deals and a loyalty program with perks to help shoppers save money. The company’s loyalty program, Club O, costs $19.95 per year.

Overstock shipping and refunds

Orders of more than $45.00 ship for free, and customers can receive a full refund on most unopened items if returned within 30 days from the delivery date. A partial refund is given for some used products. Specific items, including opened memory foam mattresses, ink cartridges and beauty products, are not eligible for return.

Club O from Overstock

Overstock.com offers a loyalty program called Club O that customers can join for $19.95 per year. Club O members receive benefits like a price-match guarantee, free shipping on all products, no-hassle returns and rewards for purchases and product reviews.

Overstock.com FAQ

Why is Overstock so cheap?
Overstock.com can sell its products at bargain prices because it sells liquidated inventory from other retailers. The company also offers daily sales and a membership program that features discounts.
Does Overstock sell fake products?
No, Overstock.com is reliable and authentic. Its products have thousands of positive consumer reviews and ratings.
Is there an Overstock store?
Currently, Overstock.com products are only available through its online store. The company does not have physical locations.
Is there Overstock in Canada?
Yes, Overstock.com offers international shipping, so Canadians can purchase and ship Overstock.com products to their homes throughout Canada.

Is Overstock legit?

Overstock.com is a legitimate and reliable website. Because of its vast selection of liquidated products, Overstock.com can be a good choice for anyone looking for a particular item from a specific major retailer. We like Overstock.com for its affordable prices, loyalty program and money-back guarantee. Some customers report the site does take a while to ship items, but if you find a product you want at a price that works for you, we recommend shopping at Overstock.com.

Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Original review: March 15, 2021

I ordered a dining room set (The Gray Barn) and it was delivered within two weeks. The company that delivers responded to a couple of my emails immediately, prior to delivery. The delivery men were super friendly. The dining set was well packaged, no damage and no missing parts. One of the pieces of the table has since broken, but I was able to order a replacement part online. Hopefully I receive it! Overall, positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I was overstocked for about 5 years. I put all my stuff in storage and I end up lost everything out of my storage so I had to start over with completely so I got in contact with Overstock and I bought my liberal set and my bedroom set from overstock and I am still sleeping on this furniture and when my bedroom set in my living room looks very nice. I think they give good product and they're on time and they're not extended expensive as most companies that I see like Value City and their payments are fit my budget.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I really liked finding the things and started out filtered that I was looking for. It was an overwhelming. They had just enough furniture for me to browse through. I like the selection and it wasn't too much Furniture so it wasn't overwhelming for me to look and see what they have.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I ordered a bed in a box from them. It was supposed to be a Sealy. It was not. It was supposed to be firm. It is not... but I kept it anyway.. I bought it three years ago and already need a new one. I won't but from Overstock again. I will go to a furniture store that specializes in beds so I can physically see what I am getting.. Do not like the bed in a box.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I had a wonderful experience with Overstock. The store is filled with affordable and stylish furniture for your particular look you are trying to achieve. The website was easy to use and informative. I would definitely recommend this store to my friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I placed one order of a bunch of items from Overstock recently. I needed to return 3 items from the order. It turns out they want me to send the 3 items in 3 separate boxes and pay 3 return shipping fees totaling $54. Overstock is NOT a retailer, just a middleman taking orders and raking in the money. My orders were actually from 3 separate companies, not from "Overstock." What a sham and a scam! If that's how they operate, they need to disclose it upfront and be transparent, not sneaky and shady.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Made a purchase and then received an email stating if I signed up for Club O I would still receive rewards for my purchase after I spend another $19.99. No rewards received since I signed up after the order-even though the email invited me to and promised what would have been 88.75. Once they had me sign up then there was no more rewards. STUPID marketing!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Horrible quality of couches! After having them for only 2 months they started falling apart. The reclining mechanism tweaked, the hooks that keep them together broke off, the cushions started losing their firmness. I've tried and tried for someone to come out and fix them but Overstock and Guardsman warranty keeps throwing the ball at each other and no one wants to take responsibility to fix this issue. I regret this purchase so much! DO NOT PURCHASE ANY FURNITURE FROM OVERSTOCK!! Because if anything is wrong with it you're pretty much stuck with an expensive useless piece of furniture! I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH I DO NOT RECOMMEND OVERSTOCK AND GETTING THAT GUARDSMAN'S WARRANTY. BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I ordered a Chesapeake patio bench from them along with a teak bench. I was sent the teak bench, which is very nice, but instead of the patio bench, I received some weird table. My husband arrived home before I did and didn't know it was the wrong order. He put it together. Next morning I contacted Overstock. We had to disassemble the table, try to repackage it back up for pick up and then they will ship out what I ordered. I decided to cancel my order and receive a refund. I will not receive my refund until they receive the table I didn't order back. Wayfair is so not like this. Will not ever order from overstock again, who knows if I will receive my money back. We will have to spend the morning trying to package this big ugly thing back up.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

DON'T SHOP OVERSTOCK. WORST SHOPPING EXPERIENCE. CUSTOMER PAYS FOR RETURN SHIPPING. I purchased 4 rugs from Overstock. The sizes were off and didn't fit the area I needed them for. I called them and I was told the sizes listed on the site are not exact measurements, just approximate. AND I had to pay to ship the items back since the item didn't arrive broken. I had to pay $50 to return rugs that cost $90. Unreal. Don't waste your money. It may be cheap but you pay for it later if you have to return it. AND the quality was cheap TOO!

Overstock Company Information