2.1/5 (68 ratings)

About MyCheckFree.com

MyCheckFree.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyCheckFree.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyCheckFree.com?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2010

I signed up for the service to pay a utility bill. They never paid the bill. They did contact the utility so that I would only receive email bills from them, which they failed to send for 60 days. I called for customer service which is in the Philippines and they do nothing for you, cannot answer questions or fix problems or explain why they did not follow through. Owned by Equifax, whom you also cannot call for customer service. A good way to ruin credit and get your utilities turned off!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2009

I paid my Capital 1 credit card (1yr no interest loan)off on 10/14/09. I notified Capital 1 via e-mail, reminding them the loan was paid in full and to make sure they did not take any more automatic payments from my checking account with TD bank. On 10/30/09 they took it out anyway. On 10/31/09 I contacted Capital 1(being a teacher and having no access to phone calls during the day and I gave them permission to deal with my father Bill Debes.So he has been dealing with everyone since then, trying to get my money back. Cap 1 informed him he had to contact my check free.com because that is who they use and they took it out not Capital 1. My Dad, Jerry from Cap1 and Chris from Mycheckfree.com had a 3 way conference call. He was assured the money would be refunded to the checking account within 10 days. On Tuesday November 19th my dad called Cap1speaking to Latesia. She called mycheckfree.com for a 3 way call. Chris answered again and told Latesia they still did not receive the 163 from Cap1 yet(even though it was paid from Cap1 back to mycheck electronically. They are now saying "when they receive the payment"(even though Cap1 told them it was done electronically)it would take at least another 5 days from the time they receive it. My dad called back to mycheckfree again Thursday night(Nov19)to see if the electronic transfer went through and they told him to call back on Monday if it was not put in the account by then. PLEASE HELP!!! Also, the number is my dad's cell because I'm a High School teacher and cannot accept calls during school. Thank You!

Original review: July 2, 2009

Do not use MyCheckFree.com. In January 2009, I posted an $85.64 payment to Macy's. MyCheckFree processed it as an $8,565.00 payment. A supervisor at MyCheckFree said they would reimburse me for the insufficient funds fees. When I called to get an address (albeit five months later), I was told by Jeff that this was my problem--without recourse. After $108.00 in phone bills, $99.00 in insufficient funds fees, much angst making phone calls to Macy's, my bank and MyCheckFree, plus not eating or driving anywhere for two weeks to avoid further insufficient funds, the funds were returned. I was out the $200 plus for the phone charges and insufficient funds fees.

Original review: March 8, 2005

I use this service to pay monthly bills. Two of the three credit card companies did not receive the electronic payments to my account.

Original review: May 11, 2003

I have been trying to acces my account for the last 5 days. There is no way:

it won't recognize my User ID or my password. A couple of days ago the "log in" automatically entered my User ID, which is one that I haven't used in years. Under this ID I can enter my password and fo to "My Account", where I have nothing! There are no "payees" registered, even though I have 5 or 6 Credit Cards and Utilities registered making my monthly payments with an "e-bill".

I tried to start a new account, entering again the payees I used to have. The anser was that I have already registered those payees. Where? Under the ID that thhey won't accept!

I e-mailed them, but no response whatsoever.

Today I found that they made a payment on May 5th, 2003, to MBNA of America to pay my Master Card last statement for $15.00 instead of $46.00 which was the amount that I entered. I have the reference number of that amount in my check book.

MyCheckFree.com Company Information