2. Miscellaneous

2.1/5 (68 ratings)

About MyCheckFree.com

MyCheckFree.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyCheckFree.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyCheckFree.com?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I recently moved to a place where I pay for electricity and found that they accept payment from MyCheckFree. I updated my address and payment but the system used an old account which the electric company rejected and incurred $25 return fee. I will never use this outdated system again. Call customer service, was transferred to tech support, and then tech support transferred me to MY BANK! Horrible experience.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Created account with them. Would not let me look up business to pay. No matter how many I tried, was useless. Even the navigation button wouldn't work. I tried this on 3 different phones. Lousy website. This shows me that I can't trust them with payments or my info. Deleted account right away. Losers.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have used them for at least 10 or more years and have never had a single problem. My bills are always paid on time unless I forget to initiate the payment. I actually wish more vendors would use the site!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I've been unable to connect with the site. Keeps saying server is not available & there is no way to connect with customer service. I cant find out whether or not my bills are being paid. Ive been a customer for 15+ years!! EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

You would think that after 5 days of issues with their website and people not able to have access to their accounts, that MyCheckFree would send out an automated email stating that they are having problems with their server. But NO! Nothing. Instead, I tried to go online and it first asked me to change my password, then I couldn't. Then I tried to go back online and the server was down. Then the worst thing happened... I had $7,700 automatic bill pay! Something I could change if I had access to my account! If I could change the star rating to ZERO, I would! How could a bill paying app be so irresponsible! I want to report them to somebody! Inspector General, Fraud? All I can say is I am done with this app!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This company has "accidentally" processed my mortgage payments multiple times in one month leading to overdrafts on my bank account. When I call customer service I am given the runaround and no clear answers as to why my bill was processed twice (weeks apart) and just exactly how they will reimburse me for the multiple overdraft fees I incurred as a result of their accident. Stay far away from this company. At best they are incompetent. At worst they are criminal.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I've been using MyCheckFree for over 15 years and have never had a single problem. I always pay my bills 2 days before the due date and it works flawlessly. I would recommend this service to anyone. If anyone has a problem, in most cases it ends up being an issue on the user's end such as change of bank account or address. It is user friendly and consistently problem free.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have been using MyCheckFree.com for over 10 years to pay my electric bill with FPL. I used them because FPL with all their wisdom did not have an automatic payment back then and elected to allocate the service to this company and paid them commission. I set the automatic payment and I forgot about paying anything. I never got any mailings from FPL. The other day, I found a letter from FPL. Since I never got any bills from them, I opened it right away. I am glad I did because it was a notice to shut off my electric service If I don't pay my last 3 unpaid bills within a week. I called FPL immediately and found out they charged me late fees also.

I paid them directly right away and managed to have the late fees reversed. I called MyCheckFree to inquire about the reason why my automatic payment was canceled, they offered no explanation. They tried to blame the State of Florida for passing a law limiting the autopayment if it is over $900. When I said that my payments are around $100, they had no answer. They claimed that a notification was sent to customers about the cancellation. I told them to heck my messages on their website which shows no messages. I got no emails or calls. They offered no remedies for the mishap. When I pressed and asked about what they were going to do for this situation, they offered to call FPL and have one of the late fees dropped. I knew then it was time to ditch them and set up a direct automatic payment with FPL. I do not think that their services are needed any longer.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Remember when scheduling to allow several extra days to pay the bill on time; they have a calendar function to warn you if the due date falls on a weekend or holiday. I use it to my NYSEG bill. Overall, no problems with Mycheckfree.

Original review: March 22, 2018

It only takes one time for them to fail to pay a bill on time...to cause problems and, unfortunately, that's what just happened to me. I've used MyCheckFree.com to pay my local utilities bill (gas, water, solid waste, etc.) and electricity bill since at least 2007, long before many utilities accepted online payments without a service charge. In fact, my local utilities provider still charges an exorbitant service charge for an online or by-phone payment, so having MyCheckFree.com available was handy, especially since I have had it set up to auto-pay on both accounts for as long as I've been registered for the service, so for at least 10 years.

However, when I happened to log in several days ago on the day that my local utilities bill was due simply to check something on the bill, I noticed that it hadn't yet been paid. When I further checked the account setting, I found that the auto-pay feature had been turned off. The feature also had been turned off on my other account for the electricity bill, which thankfully wasn't due for two more weeks. When I called Customer Service, the agent initially refused to speak to me, because he asserted that I wasn't the account holder. He couldn't seem to understand that people's accounts are frequently in their proper names, but their emails or the name they go by may be a shortened version of their proper names.

Once we got past that hurdle and he put me on hold no less than three times, his best explanation as to why BOTH of my accounts had been taken off of the auto pay feature was because the most recent bills from both of the billers had been modified and both of the billers had cancelled my auto pay. When I told him that this seemed a little coincidental to me, he said that was the only thing that could have happened. I asked if perhaps the auto pay could have been cancelled by a system glitch on their end, but he refused to acknowledge that the cancellation was caused by anything other than both billers modifying my bills.

Perhaps one entity modifying a bill I could accept, but both is a bit of stretch for me. Further, when I told him that my payment for the bill that was due that day was now going to be late unless I paid a high same-day service charge, he said I could simply call the local utilities agency and pay via phone (a) as if it weren't already after hours and (b) as if that wouldn't result in the same high service charge even if it weren't after hours. At no point did he offer for MyCheckFree.com to try to make anything right, because at no time did he accept responsibility for the problem on behalf of MyCheckFree.com.

I immediately cancelled my account with MyCheckFree.com that night and will never use their services again. My credit history is too important to me to trust to their "maybe we'll pay your bill on time, maybe we won't" attitude and my money is too valuable to me to pay service charges to make sure bills are paid on time when they don't. What good is an auto pay service if I have to go behind it to make sure that it pays the bill on time?

MyCheckFree.com Company Information