2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.07/5

MyCheckFree.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyCheckFree.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyCheckFree.com?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

My Check Free has always paid my bills on time and notified me of every bill as it is due. I only wish all my service providers used them. It is easy to use and there are no fees at all. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Have been using the site for years but recently have had to reset my password twice since the beginning of 2020. From what I understand, the site now has a minimum of eight characters. I had an eight character password reset that worked for a few months then it stopped working so I reset my password to a seven character and was able to enter the site and pay bills. A month later that password would not work. After haggling with customer service they asked if my password was eight characters. I said no, however, I received no warning my seven character password was no good both times I attempted to reset it. Also, the customer service rep was hard to understand and I had to have them repeat what they were asking me. I have decided to use my bank's bill paying service.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

It used to take 1-2 days for a bill to get paid. Now they want you to schedule the payment 8-9 days ahead of time! If I wanted to wait that long I'd write my own paper check. The excuse they gave me was that I wasn't counting the weekend. Duh, since when is a weekend 8-9 days long. They suck and so does their customer service dept.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

It is easy to use, shows you your bills and keeps a record of all your payments. They don't charge anything and that is why I use them. I have been using MyCheckFree.com for years now and am very happy with the service.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have been using this site for well over 15 years to pay my utility bills. It is cheaper than paying by phone or via the utility website as they charge a "convenience fee" to pay which adds up over time. I do not use auto pay and I am good about checking my emails as the site will notify me when my bill is received. Prior to scheduling my payment, I check the calendar to make sure the payment date I choose does not fall on a weekend or holiday, as this will delay payment. I also always schedule prior to the due date so it is not late. If there is an issue, it has been one I caused for not checking the calendar to make sure the date is not a holiday or non-business day. Even when I had to change my account information, I had no issues.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Over 15 yrs, No Problems. I've never had a problem with this company. If I was ever late it was on me. The scheduled date I selected was the date the company received it, I checked my statement. The ones that are having problems they should check the designated company first because MyCheckFree gives you tracking numbers.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I've had the service forever. When I've had a problem, it's my own error, eg: not double checking when a payment is scheduled. I'd give them 5 stars except there are some businesses they don't do payments for.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have used Mycheckfree as a bill paying service for well over 10 years. I have never had an issue and have always recommended this service to others. I have most of my bills on auto pay. However, 2 months ago I scheduled an additional $100.00 payment on my Discover card. Now, I find that my monthly automatic minimum due scheduled payment of $175.00 was not paid. MyCheckFree took my additional payment made in mid month and credited it as my monthly payment!

I only found out when my Discover was refused this weekend and I contacted them today. I immediately authorized a payment to make up the shortage. I was able to get the fees and mark against my credit removed. I then contacted Mycheckfree to discuss the error. They refused to accept any responsibility for the error and were extremely rude. I am sadly disappointed in their attitude. They claimed that I had made a change to my payment at 2am! I am retired and am in bed long before that! I will be canceling all my accounts and terminating all business with MCF!

Original review: May 15, 2019

There are multiple occasions where I click pay my bill, all appears ok then I receive a late notice on my electric bill. I thought once was a fluke but more than that is a problem. I pay most of my bills electronically and this is the only company I have had problems with.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I recently moved to a place where I pay for electricity and found that they accept payment from MyCheckFree. I updated my address and payment but the system used an old account which the electric company rejected and incurred $25 return fee. I will never use this outdated system again. Call customer service, was transferred to tech support, and then tech support transferred me to MY BANK! Horrible experience.

MyCheckFree.com Company Information