Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I placed an order for a dining table back on Jan. 25th, 2012. When I rec'd the item, it was in the wrong color. I have since been corresponding with their call center for (3) weeks now with no response on how to return this wrong item and receive a refund. There is no direct phone number to contact Mercantila and Mercantila was the one that rec'd my monies. And now they are not responding on my refund or return of this item which was sent in the wrong color. At this point, I am at the mercy of Mercantila and have no recourse of receiving my money back. I am extremely upset.

I ordered a jogging stroller on October 29, 2012. Shortly afterwards, I received an email that said it wouldn't be shipped until November 12, 2012 which was one day after the race that I needed it for. So, I immediately called and cancelled the order. On 10/31, I received notification that the order was being processed for cancellation. On 11/8, I received a notification that the order was completely cancelled and a refund was being issued that could take up to 3-5 business days. On 11/16, I submitted a ticket regarding the refund. I never heard anything from customer service. (Within 24-48 hours, they're supposed to get back with you.)

I called on 11/20 and a representative submitted an escalated ticket with the promise that someone would get back to me again within 24-48 hours. No contact. I called again on 11/28 and received the same information. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the representative said he was a customer service supervisor. I'm now going through my credit card company to dispute the charges. This is ridiculous! I don't mind waiting for a refund 7-10 business days, but I've now been dealing with this for a month. I wish I would have researched this company before ordering.

I ordered a Schwinn exercise bicycle on 10/11/12. Mercantila charged my account that day. My first ship date was 10/25/12. On 10/25/12, I checked their website and the ship date was changed to 11/7/12. I cancelled the order immediately via phone with their customer service department. On 10/29/12, I got an email offer of another 5% discount if I agreed to accept the merchandise. I refused and requested a credit to my charge. On 11/8/12, I got a notice that they couldn't cancel the order because it had already shipped on 11/8/12. I contacted my credit card company and initiated a dispute and called the shipper and refused delivery. Monday, 11/12/12, I received my credit and the package is on its way back to Mercantila. Avoid these people like the plague.

Mercantila Inc are criminals. They advertise on Amazon a dining table + 4 chairs + 1 bench as a set. I bought it. They shipped only the table. I called them. They said there is no word about any chairs. I requested return. They said on the phone and by the email, they will send me an email within 24 hours. After 48 hours there is still no sign of RMA. I am contacting my credit card company to try to recover my money. Pure criminals. Don't even think of buying from them.

On 8/31/12, I ordered a rowing machine for $340 with tax. I got an email from them stating that it was on backorder. That was okay. The email said it would be shipped on 10/05/12. It didn't arrive and after a phone call on 10/09/12, I was informed that it was discontinued. I was offered a trade up for $250 more or a step down for $139. On 10/11/12, I decided on a refund. It is now 10/24/12 and it's been 10 business days. I've made several phone calls over the past few days but no refund yet. I keep calling my bank, still no refund. I have been told the matter has been forwarded to the management group and will be processed shortly. I have been told this for three days and that I will hear in 24-48 hours. "How long is shortly?" I asked. They just talk over you. I told them, "It's my money." I just want my money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I ordered 2 bar stools. When I placed the order, it stated free FedEx shipping. It did not indicate within 4-6 weeks as subsequently told by the sales rep, #1 lie! I never received an invoice and had to request that, #2. #3, I called again and spoke with a rep or call mediator to find out when to expect the order since it was now 7+ weeks later. I received an email stating the following, "I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we were not notified of the backorder of your item until your order was placed and we have updated the information on our website." As of 7/2/12, the info is not on their website, #4 lie. We try to consistently update the information as quickly as possible, but sometimes orders slip through the cracks. The ship date of September 28th is the most accurate ship date we have. "We hope to ship this out sooner. As soon as your order ships, we will forward a tracking information via email." #5 lie. I was told this 4 weeks ago!

This business should be shut down, just read all the bad reviews. I'm sorry that I didn't prior to my order. I have requested to cancel the order and a credit back to my account today. I also called to talk to someone and still only got a "mediator" who takes your complaint and sends it to someone who returns an email full of lies!

I ordered an item from another website and was told it was no longer available. They immediately refunded my money. Then, I ordered it from Mercantila, who also did not have it, but they kept my money for almost two weeks, saying it took 10 business days for the refund. They charged me for the merchandise the day I ordered it. They had use of my money, and I had no merchandise.

Hello, My name is Woni ** On May 11, 2011, I purchased an Espresso Machine from Mercantila, order number ** for $6,568.61. The machine was advertised on their website as 50 lbs but ended up being 108 lbs and larger than the location I planned to put it. I requested a return and I was repeatedly ignored. Mercantila offered several excuses, such as their phone being out-of-order and email problems. Mercantila flat-out refused to provide a return address and finally by email, I was pressured to keep the unit.

Mercantila actually said that I had been credited for part of the original price because they lowered the price online. I was never credited any amount. I insisted on returning it but I was instructed to wait for a call from a shipping company. Their call never came. I finally spoke to Nick, a Mercantila customer service person, and I was instructed by phone to send it to the address on the box. I returned it to the address on the box and now the company that shipped the unit is denying receipt although a known employee signed for it and Mercantila is saying that they won't credit because I didn't send it to the correct location.

Thank you for any help you can provide with this matter.

Mercantila's various numbers 866-594-6890, 415-814-9733, 855-303-0738

It's a totally irresponsible "company." Actually, it is more like a scam center. I ordered an exercise bike that was "in stock. " Then, I received an email stating it would be shipped soon. I got charged then given an email indicating that it would be shipped over two months later.

Ordered a jewelry amoire on line on 11/30/10 as a Xmas gift for a family member. Called about expected delivery on 12/3 and was told it would ship on 12/10. Since it was not delivered by 12/23, I called again and was told it was discontinued on 12/14 and that my credit card was credited. At no time, was I informed by telephone or email that there was a problem with the inventory or shipping or that it was discontinued. Now with 1 day left before Xmas, I am left without the present I ordered a month in advance. I have still to check and see if I've been credited or not. No apologies from the company either. Outrageous!

I ordered the Union Square Bombe Chest. When it arrived, it had the most noxious, pungent odor that invaded my entire home. After five weeks in my garage, the chest still reeks of this smell. The product is of poor quality, the drawer closure is uneven, and the color is not as advertised.

A horrible company. They told me the goods are in stock. They charged my card. It has now been a month and I have no tracking information despite 5 emails and 4 telephone calls, and three voicemail messages. I cannot believe they will not even return a phone call or an email! I still have not received the beds I ordered and no one seems to know where they are. I am appalled at the service and the lack of customer service.

I ordered a desk on January 29, 2010 from Mercantila online. On January 30, I received an email from Mercantila informing me that the product was unavailable and that a refund would be on the way. I called customer service on February 1, 2010 regarding the refund to which I was informed, it would take 10 business days.

I informed them that I would not wait that long and left a voice mail with a supervisor. No response, so I went online and did some research about the company and came upon this blog.

I filed a complaint with the BBB, FTC, CA Attorney Generals office, and the ME Attorney Generals office. I emailed Mercantila of my actions and also informed them that I would also file a police report of theft in both Maine and CA if they did not refund me asap for a product that was not even available. I received a response back in 20 minutes with a transaction number informing me that the refund had been processed. My bank verified that indeed the money was being deposited the next business day.

I ordered a loft bed on 8/16/09 at $349.99. After repeated emails promising a ship date of 9/28/09, the date came and went. After repeat email attempts to follow up, I cancelled the order on 10/15/09. I received an email acknowledging the cancellation and a full refund. No refund as come -- again after repeated calls (or attempts as they don't always answer their phone) and email complaints.

Ordered a Schwinn model 430 Elliptical machine from their web for $599 plus shipping. Web said they had in stock. Next day I received an email saying its been discontinued and they offered the model 420 in its place. The 420 is a lessor machine so online I cancelled my order. I then called the 800 number to see when my money would be refunded as they took the money from my account immediately when I ordered the machine.

I wanted the refund back immediately so I could order from Amazon or someone who had the machine. However, they told me it would be at least 6 to 8 days before my money would be refunded. I find this unacceptable and really dishonest. If they didn't have the machine then why did they sell it to me in the first place. Upon discovering their own error, why wouldn't they refund me as fast as they took the money.

Now I can't order a new machine because I have to wait to get my money back to order a new machine. I have my order number if required. At present, I'm out $664 until whenever Mercantila can get around to processing plus I can't order anything until I am refunded and this is a large item that takes time to ship and its supposed to be a Christmas present.

Ordered a small bookshelf from them online. Decided to send it back for credit. They sent me the labels with the tracking number and instructions to send back. I shipped it on August 28, 2009 and they recieved it September 2, 2009. I have proof that they received the shipment. It is now November 20, 2009 and I still have not received a refund. I have talked to three people in the return and refund department and they keep telling me false information. Either "it will be refunded in a couple" or " your refund will be done by the end of the day". Like I said its been almost 4 months and I still wait.

Order a full over full bunk bed, which included a set of two mattresses. After waiting a month for shipment Mercantila shipped twin size mattresses instead of full size mattresses. After 15 days following the shipment report, which now has included 4 writen email complaints per their own form and four telephone calls, no communication has been received from Mercantila either by phone or email.

Now stuck with company coming with a full size bunk bed set and twin size mattresses. Will have to purchase mattresses elsewhere because Mercantila will not repond. Credit card complaint has also been filed!

I order a pilates machine on sept 27, i did not received it as advertised,so i canceled in october 11, they supposed to refund the money 303 dollars, in 7 to 10 days today is nov 3 and they have not done anything to refund the money ,I used paypal to pay, i have called about 8 times and Adrian,(employee for costumer service) cannot give info,only that he will send a request to accounting dept. There is not way I can contact that dept. They wont provide phone number or email add. The order number is 483507 ,tried to talk to a supervisor and never available.

On January 2, 2009, I purchased a bed frame online from I paid $786.30. Within ten days a bed frame was shipped out to me. However, it was not what I ordered. Instead, what was shipped out were two different head boards, (both which were broken). After what took two more weeks to figure out with many phone calls back and forth to Mercantila, they finally came and got the broken boxes out of my home and on January 30, 2009, they another bed frame arrived at my house. Again, this bed frame was not the bed frame I ordered. I have proof of purchase of what I ordered. I have the photo, and the email confirming what bed it was. It is very obvious and clear that these are two different bed frames. The bed frame they shipped is not the correct bed frame and on top of it, it is listed as less than $400.

It is now February 20th. I have been calling and emailing back and forth with Mercantila to get them to pick this incorrect bed frame up and cancel my order and refund my credit card. I have no interest in doing any further business with them. It has been seven weeks and my mattress is on the floor in my bedroom and I have huge boxes sitting in my living room with the wrong bed frame inside. They insist that they shipped the right bed frame out and refuse to refund my credit card. I have literally spent hours upon hours dealing with this. Just getting a phone call through to a customer service rep can take 25 minutes of holding. Nobody gets back to me or it takes them days. I have been given the run around for seven weeks now. I simply want the money refunded to my credit card and this bed frame taken out of my house. Please help I don't know what else to do!

The economic loss was loss of time from work, spending literally hours calling and emailing this company. Plus the frustration of having to explain the same story 15 different times to people who did absolutely nothing, and having to be home here for the deliveries. My house has been a wreck for the last seven weeks with big boxes sitting in the living room. My mattress is laying on the floor in my bedroom.

I am out the money I spent on my bed frame, which is now $686.30. (They took $100 off the price for all of the confusion). I would like the remainder of this money to be refunded to my credit card and for this incorrect bed frame to be picked up. I am happy to supply photos showing what I ordered and what was delivered. Thank you for your help in these matters.

I bought a Teeter Hang Ups Power II Inversion Table from Mercantila, Inc. from their online webaite. I am missing Part number P12100. I had it delivered to my home. I called them and said that I am close by, will you call me so I can come home and put it inside. They said "sure, we will call when it is being delivered" I left a note for them to leave it there, and my phone number, so I could come home and put it away. They never called to tell me it was being delivered. When I came home and opened the one single box, part number P12100 missing. I called them yesterday evening, and 2 times today. They will not return my call. Inversion table cannot be used without the missing foot attachment unit.

"Dear DEAN, Thank you for shopping with Mercantila! We have received your order under order number 897341 for:-- Teeter Hang Ups Power II Inversion Table, Finish: Silver. If you have any concerns regarding your order, please contact our Customer Service department either via email ( or phone if you have questions. Thank you very much for your time, and thanks again for shopping with us! IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE DELIVERY! Ensure yourself against damaged goods! On delivery of your order, please check your package for ANY damages whatsoever. If you believe that your order is damaged, either externally or internally, you can either a) refuse delivery; or b) accept delivery but write the words 'Subject to Inspection' while signing at the field labeled 'Consignee Signature'. You may also briefly describe the damages on the Delivery Receipt. In either case, it is absolutely imperative that you call us within 5 calendar days. If you do not call within this window, your request for a refund/replacement will be declined. Whenever possible, it is also very important that you capture pictures that adequately show the damage to the package or order. Unless notified to the contrary, you are required to keep all original packaging for a period no less than 60 calendar days. Sincerely, Mercantila Customer Service"

During the last week of December 2007 I ordered an Urban Rebounder #3491930, and had the total amount of $69.65 charged to my Visa Debit Card on 1/2/8. Several weeks later Samantha called and left a message that item was back-ordered until March and if that was not ok to call her. March came and went and I called and was told it would now be sometime in May. I told them that I had lost my job and preferred to just be credited back to my Debit Card for the full amount, as I could certainly use the money. I was told it would be taken care of.

Weeks later after numerous emails to customer service as well as leaving messages with Samantha I never once received a return call, a reply to my email-no communication. I spoke with Robbie who was supposed to be a manager and he gave me his direct number and assured me that I would receive my refund in the next few days. Again, no call and no money. I lost count of how many times I have called and emailed.

Today I spoke with a woman who I could not understand and I asked for her supervisor. He could not understand my name even or anything else I said no matter how many times I spelled it for him. He said there was no record. I then asked for his supervisor and was told he was in a meeting. His name is Steve C. and he is the operations manager. I was told he would call me immediately after his meeting which would be 2:00 p.m. No surprise that he never called. They have had my money accrueing interest (ok-not much!) but that is not the point.

It has been 1/2 a year and I was nice at the beginning but I am very frustrated. It is not like I am returning the item-it never came in and was never shipped. This is horrible customer service. I was able to find the name and phone number of Jonathon K. the CEO thinking he would do SOMETHING but just like the other 20-25+ attempts I have made-no reply again.

This has been going on for more than 7 months. I really could use the money as I am paying an additional $500 to COBRA for health insurance and I am a single mother. I have tried any means I can find and nothing ever is resolved. Had I looked the merchant up, I would have seen the other hundreds of unlucky consumers such as myself. They wonder as do I-how this Merchant can continue to be in good standing with the BBB. Company Profile