Maidenform.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've been wearing Maidenform bras for years and l received 5 for Xmas and 6 months later I'm throwing them in the garbage. I do not put them in the dryer and don't know the reason why the clasp on the back broke off and underwater comes poking out the side. I never had this problem before and I'm very disappointed. I guess it's time to find another brand. TY.

You claim it is a 7 way bra. But you don't give instructions how to unhook straps. Bras I have had simply unhook. But yours need drill, pliers, tweezers & even a man. Still no luck. I don't have the receipt since I generally buy your product but this has me baffled. Piece of crap if I can't use it. May as well throw in trash & look for another brand.

It's 2014 and online shopping isn't a new concept. When placing an online order with a company as old & respected as Maidenform, you expect a level of service commensurate with that brand. Apparently I was wrong. They sent me an incorrect item, as well as cancelled one item saying it was out of stock, however when I logged into my account, it asked if I wanted to purchase again AND PAY SHIPPING. Nice little scam they've got on that end. I placed an order on 6/22/14 and received two separate pkgs on 06/28/14. So aside from the one item they cancelled, one of the bras I ordered was COMPLETELY wrong... Not just a minor thing like the band size being a bit off, but they sent me an ENTIRELY different style, color AND size.

I promptly submitted a customer service inquiry via their website 6/28/14 by 07/02/14 no response, so I again submitted another inquiry via website. STILL NO RESPONSE. I then reached out via social media, as sometimes this publicness of problems is handled more swift. Again, I shouldn't assume that every company has good business practices, because Maidenform is leading the march into IGNORE THE CUSTOMER LAND. Their Facebook page is flooded with complaints going back over a YEAR of horrific and almost identical situations like the one I'm experiencing. What little online presence they have in response to their customers is very scripted, shows no empathy and does nothing to remind or hint that they value their customers. It's truly quite baffling to me that a company this big, in this day and age- doesn't seem to care about the very people they're providing products to. As of today, July 6th, 2014 still no response from Maidenform.

I was hoping to get the normal customer survey from Maidenform, but I guess they know they are a disaster waiting to close and don't bother. I bought several Chemise, a top, bra and a few other items that came up to $100. The heavy shipping envelope arrived in a timely fashion, but when I opened it all the items were stuffed in the envelope, no wrappers, not folded, what a mess. So all the items I bought for gifts had to hung and steamed, before I could feel comfortable in giving them away. I get clothing in better condition at local thrift stores! Avoid this online store!

Yesterday, I went online to purchase two Maidenform items. I kept getting errors when submitting my shipping and contact information. When I finally reached the payment screen and submitted the order, I got another error saying there was a problem with my payment. After verifying my cc info again, I resubmitted. Once again, I got the payment error message. At this point, I gave up, but when I checked my bank account, my account was debited for the purchase, even though I have received no order confirmation and there is no order history. I have called Maidenform twice and emailed them and have received no response. It's very sad that they have such horrible customer service. I have worn Maidenform bras for at least 15 years, but after being treated this way, I believe I will search for some other brands. This is no way to treat a lady!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maidenform.com?

I recently went on to Maidenform's website to find a bra that I purchased a few months ago that the retail store I purchased from no longer had. I found the bra; it was on sale. I ordered it in the size according to the sizing chart. I ordered two. They did not fit at all when I received them and were only one size smaller in band width than mine which are way too big due to weight loss. I tried to contact customer service to talk to someone who may be able to help recommend something else. No one was ever there during regular business hours and it took days until I received a call which, of course, I was at work. I called back. And guess what? There was no answer 3 more times!

So, I decided to try the two hook extenders to see if that would give me the little extra I needed. I also saw a new style bra and purchased it. I received the purchase and the two hook extenders which are supposed to be made for their bras are not even close to the same distance apart from hook to hook as the bras are. And the other style bra also didn't fit. I contacted Customer Service another 5 times with no answer during regular hours again. So I decided to return, which by the way is very difficult to find info on how to send back purchases.

Finally, I found the address after searching. I sent it back with tracking, paid over $9 on top of all the shipping I have already paid. That was 6 days ago. Yesterday, I received a phone call from customer service while I was at work. They left a message telling me where to ship it which is a different address than the one on the site! I called today and, of course, no one answered! This is the worst customer service I have ever received!

Several months ago, I bought two beige nylon bras at J.C.Penney (buy 1, get 1 half off). I was satisfied with them because they were comfortable and fit well. However, after a short time and a few washings (never put in a dryer, of course!), the underwire started poking through both openings and was too uncomfortable to wear anymore. So I put them in a drawer and forgot about them. However, they were expensive and I feel I should be compensated for them with new bras where this won't happen.

I placed an order early June. As soon as the order was processed, I realized that the items sitting in my shopping cart from months before were included in the order. I called and e-mailed to try and cancel the order so that I could place the correct order. It took 2 weeks for someone to return my call. I can't get a live person on the line and it took 3 weeks to get an email response. In the meantime, I returned the entire order because the bras didn't fit.

About 4 months ago, I bought 5 Lilyette brand 0812 bras at JC Penney. The number shown on the label is 017626465793. I am very happy with the way they fit but I have a big concern about the metal used. After just a couple of months, all of my Lilyette bras have discolored metal on the inside which is against my skin. One of them is even showing a kind of reddish color. I am very much afraid that a metal is used that could cause harm to my health. Until now, I never had any complaint on any brand using metal. Not only the middle piece of metal, but also on the shoulder straps, the metal shows dark to reddish discoloring.

Yesterday, I placed an online order at Maidenform.com that totaled $66. I received one confirmation via the screen after submitting my info and never received any email confirmation. I called and was told I had never placed an order. Later, I received two email confirmations and called again and was told my order was placed twice and that I was to send back one of the orders and that I would be refunded immediately. I called my bank to discover that Maidenform charged me three times. I tried calling them and was put on hold and was hung up on multiple times. So this morning, I called again and the first customer service rep flat out told me that they did not owe me a thing and kept saying, "Oh my god" whenever I'd try to reason with her. I asked to talk to her supervisor and she said she was unavailable. Then I asked again and she suddenly was available and I realized it was her voice I had heard in the background the whole time.

Since they charged me three times, my account was overdrawn with my bank twice and since my mom transferred more money in, I was able to have the bank waive the NFS charges. Maidenform did tell me that any charges I incurred by my bank were not their problem. I called my bank again and they said to have a conference call set-up with Maidenform to resolve the issue. However, Maidenform claimed their conference calling was broken and refused to make the call. I explained that since so much money was taken out of my account, that I did not get to buy groceries the night before for me or my child. She bluntly stated, "Well, whoever put money in your account to help with the negative balance should feed you and your baby then!" I have been laughed at, berated, and belittled by the customer service reps at Maidenform and they have done the same to my bank. In fact, when we had a conference set-up via cell phone, the customer service rep at National City Bank was so insulted by the one at Maidenform that she flat out hung up!

I ordered two Power Motion Wire-free Sports Bras (style #957) from Maidenform On-Line. I currently own the exact same bra so I'm familiar with the fit. Anyway I received the bras and one is definitely too small and has extra fabric (too much) in the left cup.

I called the 888-888-9328 number and spoke to Ebony about the problem and was told I would have to pay to ship the inferior bra back to Maidenform and they would send me a new one. I persisted and Ebony offered to send a postage paid envelope (which she never did) to return the product. I am very unhappy with their quality control and return policy (what a hassle) and will not be ordering from them in the future. Buyer beware.

I'm out the money for the inferior bra and the shipping costs.

Maidenform.com Company Profile