2. Miscellaneous

Online Self Publishing Book Company

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.20/5

Lulu.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lulu.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lulu.com?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I published an ebook with Lulu.com in February 2020. Was supposed to receive first royalty check May 15. It arrived about 6 weeks late, having been sent to the wrong address although I had made it a point to notify them of correct address. After several weeks I notified the company that the check hadn't come, so they stopped payment on that check and I didn't receive a replacement check. I sent several emails and asked them to confirm that they had the right address. I was promised that the royalties due May 15 would be included in a check to be sent out on August 15th. As of today, September 21, I have not received any check from the company. I now wonder if there is fraud in their Finance Department. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Worst experience ever. I paid $1999 and my manuscript sat for over TWO months in "Step 1 - Content Evaluation," before some dude named Eugene ** called me and told me that he "didn't think my book was a good fit for Lulu Press" and basically told me to pound sand. WHAT??!! They wasted over TWO MONTHS of valuable time just to tell me they didn't want to work with me. Who does that? I ended up using Amazon KDP and getting the same job done in mere days (less than a week) while saving a lot of money. Lulu is an awful company. Run!

Original review: July 28, 2020

I went with Lulu publishing because I stupidly thought that the service promised was going to be the right one for the publication of my story, I picked out a package and received the paperwork, it was agreed that I could pay my package in installments, I paid two installments worth over £700 british pounds, I was told I had a check in councillor Liz **, I have tried to email Lulu ON ABOUT 8 OR 9 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS AND HAVE HAD NO RESPONSE whatsoever so now I want my money back.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Over the years, I have self-published numerous books through Lulu.com and have been totally delighted with the quality of their printing and binding and customer service. Everything has been excellent -- that is, until recently when the customer service has been non-existent. Recently, I had a problem which I reported using their online form (the only way to contact them now). The only reply I received was an automated impersonal reply. Several attempts to report the problem produced the same non-results. I don't like to complain but my experience with customer service has been negative. I should add that their printing and binding are still top-notch. I don't know what has happened at Lulu's customer service, and I hope they get things straightened out.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I have used Lulu for a couple of years with only minor complaints. But I recently tried to contact their support department and got zero response. Over the past month I have sent 5 requests. No response has been forthcoming. My next step is to find a new publisher.

Original review: June 18, 2020

LULU is a rip off and useless!!! I created my account with lulu.com over a year ago to sell my e-book. I spent money on google ad campaigns etc only to find that LULU had taken money out of my account. After querying this with them they gave me some rubbish about how they had changed their services but did not explain where the money had disappeared to. Stay well clear of this useless service. I have read many reports about money going missing from peoples accounts on forums but I never believed it until it happened to me. I will be going elsewhere and I suggest you do too!

Original review: April 17, 2020

Updated on 06/11/2020: I am reality author Cornelius Rogers of novel "The Land Of No Pity" In & Out the system based on a modern day slavery. I've submitted my revised novel to Sarah ** about a month ago for them to place my novel back on print. I believe the guy Jorge are withholding my novel from print and trying to insult my intelligence. This are how LuLu publishing treat their authors during the coronavirus epidemic. I'm requesting as a author for my novel to be place back on Lulu's publishing after I've paid them $2000 thru time to fix their publisher's errors. However, I can't contact LuLu publishing by phone. I'm requesting as my right as a United States of American for my novel to be place in print or my full refund of $2000. If worse comes to worse I'll sue LuLu Publishers for their possible fraudulent activity. I would file a lawsuit now but my book may mysteriously then go thru print. However, LuLu, Dates are very important! Thanks.

Original Review: I am reality author Cornelius Rogers. My book are "Land Of Nopity": In & Out The System based on a modern day slavery. I sealed with a guy named Logan ** and he promised me that my book will be edited and published for perfection. However, It was all a scam. My novel was published with all kinds of in corrections. The errors in my book are publishers errors that LULU.com Publishing refuse to edit it correctly. I am now asking for my refund. If not my lawyer will be contacting LULU.COM. I don't advise any author to go thru heartaches networking with a anti-Honest publishing company the same as LULU.COM. The guy Logan ** are a liar and manipulator. I will post the terrorable book printed by LULU.COM publishing after our lawsuit are over.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Lulu just deleted my account because of a book deemed it "offensive". This book was only accessible for purchase by myself and not publicly visible. I did not receive any warnings whatsoever nor given any chance to appeal or defend my right to print that book for private use. And no only am I not able to publish books with my account anymore, I can't buy any items from other people either. And I was not given any means of appeal. Now, THAT is something I consider truly offensive & disrespectful...

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I was quite surprised to read so many one-star-reports. Sometimes I doubt their accuracy, because Lulu is a self-publishing service provider. That means I write my book, design the cover and upload everything. It doesn't cost me money, but time and experience. If there are typos in it, then I wrote them and I didn't notice them.

I have published several books on Lulu and I have bought two from other authors. The print quality is good. The process of publishing is intuitive. When you need help, the people at Lulu are friendly and helpful - but it takes time. Faster is the Lulu Author Forum http://lulu.boards.net. As a publisher, I could imagine a wider range of landscape formats.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I've had an awful experience working to get my book published by LULU publishing and never again. I had to wait over 2 months for a "review" process and I kept calling them, they were nowhere to be found. Finally, someone else took over my case and paid for a service that I didn't get. Even though, I was told by Kevin that they had proofread my work which they didn't. My book came out with a lot of errors on it and they refused to get it fix unless I pay additional money on top of what I paid for and not even get the service that I needed in the first place. They are not professionals at all. I would not recommend anyone else to get their services. Now, they have me on hold for a phone call from an editor, which seems to be a game to them because it seems like they are running away.

Lulu.com Company Information