2. Miscellaneous

Online Self Publishing Book Company

3.8/5 (145 ratings)

About Lulu.com

Lulu.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lulu.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lulu.com?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Attempted to sell a product on Lulu.com, with a list price of $25 CAD, which equals approximately $20 USD. I made a mistake in my pricing setup, where pricing was set to $25 CAD for Canadian buyers, however, was set to $15.82 USD for American buyers. Multiple people in Canada purchased the product, paid the full price of $25 CAD, however, I was only given the revenue share based on them paying $15.82 USD, even though they paid the full price of approximately $20 USD. Attempted to talk to Customer Service about the issue, was told too bad, my loss. Would never recommend this service to anyone looking to sell products.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I was their customer for more than 10 years, publishing lots of books from their platform. One day, I received this accusation from them: "It has come to our attention that your Content, may be in violation of the Lulu Membership Agreement." The word "may" means that there is a possibility but not certainty of an infringement. So, what exactly was my infringement? Lulu did NOT provide any details of what my alleged infringement was. Without any specific information except for a vague accusation, how am I supposed to address the issue?

Also, they terminated my ENTIRE account. I have many other books for sale in my account. Only one of them was accused of an infringement. But now, ALL MY BOOKS were pulled. I had to ask them for the details. Then they told me that it was a trademark infringement but didn't give me any more details. So, whose trademark had I infringed upon? How am I supposed to address that trademark infringement issue? I have to ask them yet again and finally, they told me whose trademark had I infringed upon. But my ENTIRE account remained terminated and they cited the membership agreement for this decision.

Lesson: if you publish through their platform and make an inadvertent infringement mistake, they will cut you off completely with just an accusation without providing any details. You wouldn't be given the information or the chance to rectify the issue. Nevermind, if you have been a long-time customer. Nevermind, if it is only one of your many books that has the problem. They will cut you off completely without any warning, information or chance. That's their policy according to their membership agreement.

They could have:

- Gave me more specific information from the start so that I can address the infringement issue

- Pull out only the offending book instead of terminating my ENTIRE ACCOUNT.

There is no need to be so heavy-handed. AVOID Lulu Press if you are an author!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

This is the only online source I've found where I can print just one copy of a book of love letters. I thought the website was easy to use, and it shipped very fast. The quality of the book is nice, the colored pictures are a little muted, but I got the book for the words, not the pictures. Very excited to give it to my husband!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Creating and publishing a book on this site is fairly easy, and the pricing is reasonable. HOWEVER, customer support is non-existent. There is no technical support for the site either, so if you have issues, you're on your own. Even the support form is automated, so you can't get help that way either. I won't be using the site again and I certainly won't recommend it to anyone. Sorry I used it in the first place.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Lulu had my sample books ready within 7 days. Any imperfections is on my end. Because I'm the one who provided the PDF. Their print quality is amazing! No hassle or anything! Better than Amazon or B&N.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Do not use Lulu publishing. I used them to publish my book, what a mistake. Once I published they now will not even return my calls. I was charged nearly $200. and they charged me twice for the same thing on the same day. I consider this theft. When I signed with them I was told how they would advertise my book. After almost 3 years I have not sold one book because they set the price way too high and there is no way I can get the price changed. Also, there are so many people I got passed to along the way. I have no idea who does what. Do yourself a solid and don't use Lulu publishing. There are other really good self publishing sites out there.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I ordered a diet "book" from Lulu for $11.00. The book ended up being about 5 photocopied pages received as a PDF document. The "book" was nothing new as advertised, and is actually copyright/plagiarism of every day keto that you can look up anywhere online. I politely requested a refund and was refused because the PDF had been released. When I responded respectfully voicing my displeasure, the reply email said, "Thank you for shopping with us," and hoped that I would repeat my pleasant experience. This company does not support the consumer whatsoever. They state that you may cancel your purchase within one hour, but that option is truly nonexistent when they send out PDF crap. I would never buy from Lulu.com again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Ordered a book from them that I never received. Company will not track package for me, send a replacement, or refund me. Best they can do is waive shipping if I purchase another copy. Will be requesting chargeback.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Customer Service is a nightmare. Different people give totally different answers to the same question. Sometimes they don't understand and just read off a script. Horrible. They also don't necessarily respond in a timely manner. As happy as I am with the actual finished product, dealing with them is impossible. Had I known, I would have gone elsewhere. Customer Service is the worst ever!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I'd been with Lulu pretty much since they began. They were great for POD (Publish On Demand) books. Until...April 2020 when they launched their improved platform. Nine months later, I still do not have access to my books, let alone distribution stats or compensation. What I do have is a myriad of emails from Lulu telling me to be patient. They have no intention of fixing this issue for their customers. As a writer, I strongly advise future customers to stay away from Lulu. They are dishonest and could care less about their customers. If you are a former customer trying to resolve an issue, file a complaint with the Attorney General in the state Lulu is operating from.

Lulu.com Company Information