2. Miscellaneous

Online Self Publishing Book Company

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.80/5

Lulu.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lulu.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lulu.com?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Ordered a book from them that I never received. Company will not track package for me, send a replacement, or refund me. Best they can do is waive shipping if I purchase another copy. Will be requesting chargeback.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Customer Service is a nightmare. Different people give totally different answers to the same question. Sometimes they don't understand and just read off a script. Horrible. They also don't necessarily respond in a timely manner. As happy as I am with the actual finished product, dealing with them is impossible. Had I known, I would have gone elsewhere. Customer Service is the worst ever!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I'd been with Lulu pretty much since they began. They were great for POD (Publish On Demand) books. Until...April 2020 when they launched their improved platform. Nine months later, I still do not have access to my books, let alone distribution stats or compensation. What I do have is a myriad of emails from Lulu telling me to be patient. They have no intention of fixing this issue for their customers. As a writer, I strongly advise future customers to stay away from Lulu. They are dishonest and could care less about their customers. If you are a former customer trying to resolve an issue, file a complaint with the Attorney General in the state Lulu is operating from.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I started by buying Soda PDF software because it was cheap. Okay, I didn't read the fine print. I could only use a fraction of the capability. I needed the capability of splitting and combining documents for a about 6 months so I bought the next level, well that added the one and not the other so I moved up to the next level. I finished the job and just left the software on my machine figuring the software code would be up shortly. A few months later I get this charge on my card coming from Lulu. I messaged Lulu and they kept sending me messages that they had a high demand and would get back to me. This went on for about 4 weeks and I called them and I got the, I can't do anything about it because of their 30 day policy. I gave in but removed their software. Later I found out you need to switch from auto charging in their software. I didn’t reinstall the software thinking it would end.

One year later I get a notice I'm being charged for their continued service. I immediately contacted my cardholder and started a case against Lulu. I also sent Lulu a cancelation notice. I get the same email that they are having a high demand but they will get back to me. Then a get and email that says if I don't respond in two days they will close my case. I’m not sure how this will all turn out. I advise, keep all the email traffic and take a picture of anything you send to them if it’s not an email form. My suggestion is don’t buy it in the first place. Next I’m contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I purchased a book online recently. Reason why I purchase without checking reviews the author is a my teacher and he told me that it is a printed book. Once I paid I received an invoice and download link But I am unable to download. Their customer support is useless. If I can I will give only zero stars to this company.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I have currently sold over 10,000 books through Lulu.com and to date have received over £20,000 in royalties. Very rarely there's a problem, but when there is they deal with it very quickly. The printed books are excellent quality, but you must remember that if you submit a detective file, then you will get a defective result. So don't blame Lulu for your own shortcomings! This review can be backed up with absolute proof. Highly satisfied and would thoroughly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I published an ebook with Lulu.com in February 2020. Was supposed to receive first royalty check May 15. It arrived about 6 weeks late, having been sent to the wrong address although I had made it a point to notify them of correct address. After several weeks I notified the company that the check hadn't come, so they stopped payment on that check and I didn't receive a replacement check. I sent several emails and asked them to confirm that they had the right address. I was promised that the royalties due May 15 would be included in a check to be sent out on August 15th. As of today, September 21, I have not received any check from the company. I now wonder if there is fraud in their Finance Department. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Worst experience ever. I paid $1999 and my manuscript sat for over TWO months in "Step 1 - Content Evaluation," before some dude named Eugene ** called me and told me that he "didn't think my book was a good fit for Lulu Press" and basically told me to pound sand. WHAT??!! They wasted over TWO MONTHS of valuable time just to tell me they didn't want to work with me. Who does that? I ended up using Amazon KDP and getting the same job done in mere days (less than a week) while saving a lot of money. Lulu is an awful company. Run!

Original review: July 28, 2020

I went with Lulu publishing because I stupidly thought that the service promised was going to be the right one for the publication of my story, I picked out a package and received the paperwork, it was agreed that I could pay my package in installments, I paid two installments worth over £700 british pounds, I was told I had a check in councillor Liz **, I have tried to email Lulu ON ABOUT 8 OR 9 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS AND HAVE HAD NO RESPONSE whatsoever so now I want my money back.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Over the years, I have self-published numerous books through Lulu.com and have been totally delighted with the quality of their printing and binding and customer service. Everything has been excellent -- that is, until recently when the customer service has been non-existent. Recently, I had a problem which I reported using their online form (the only way to contact them now). The only reply I received was an automated impersonal reply. Several attempts to report the problem produced the same non-results. I don't like to complain but my experience with customer service has been negative. I should add that their printing and binding are still top-notch. I don't know what has happened at Lulu's customer service, and I hope they get things straightened out.

Lulu.com Company Information