2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.07/5

Liquidation.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liquidation.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liquidation.com?

Original review: April 6, 2021

I wanted to bid on iPad lots. I've done some careful researching...currently iPad gen 4 and below do not work with the Apple App Store and iTunes store - because the iOS is too old and not upgradeable. This is also true of the iPad mini 1, and the iPad Pro. Sure, you can turn them on, log in and use them with WiFi - but not much else. You can't use them for Facebook, Apple TV+, e.g., there are no useable apps. Probably, you can get on the Internet but most likely any pages with any type of Interaction- will fail.

So I was very dismayed to see the lots sold on Liquidation.com contain mostly older models. In fact like one person suggested the advert will say iPad Air or iPad 5th generation. A completely over jacked MSRP will show values of 1,000s of dollars. But when I looked at the manifest list there were very few that were useable models, often the model in the listing would show up as only 1 unit. Then there would be 47 other units of older models - all with ridiculous values. Sure when they were new in 2010 they might have been worth 600.00 but these models should be given away not sold - they no longer have any value. And yes, I'm talking about new-in-the-box - not just returns, etc.

Not surprisingly, very few of these iPad lots had even a single bid - starting at 1200.00 and more. I did ask if I could challenge the MSRP but the support person said the MSRP value is just a suggestion. That may be so - but the lots have starting bids to match the MSRP. Deceptive! But if these lots do sell - unless the buyer can resell them to other clueless people who don't understand - there is a cutoff model that won't work well or at all...

Original review: March 28, 2021

I have been buying Liquidation boxes for about 2 years, and the box I just got from them is by far the worst. The condition is supposed to be uninspected/untested returns. In the past that meant some would be incomplete, some would be broken, some would be out of it packaging, and some would be in new or like new condition. My box has 60 items (headphones), 40 of the items were in bags and obviously broken, I mean in pieces. 20 came in boxes, but NONE were in good condition. They literally picked out anything that was sellable and gave me pure trash. This should have been sold as salvage. I have contacted them, but I doubt anything will happen. I will also be contacting the BBB. I had good luck with their health and beauty boxes. I will not buy another electronics box, it was a VERY expensive lesson. Shame on them selling these items, it is a SCAM.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2021

Stay away from this company. It's a big scam. They will sell you garbage instead what is promised. I ordered headsets and I got a big box of garbage quality headsets and when I dispute the charge you won't believe how much they lie to my credit card company. BOTTOM LINE AVOID THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Question: is it not a crime to charge for sale tax and then keep the sale tax money after the company you are charging sale tax gives you the document proving you are tax exempt. And the company is in Delaware as well (no sale tax state). Wow. This company tried to set you up to rip off tax money from buyers. Here's how it works, You buy a auction, then you get a email bill and it shows sales tax. You call them. They say, "Send over forms." You do. Nothing happens, you call back they say, "The forms were rejected. Your in house name was not on the form." You send again but this time, "You're over the 24 hour time before they keep the tax money and now won't refund."

I'M out over 2500 buck in added tax to my invoice to my company that is tax exempt. They just say, "Sorry we will have someone call you." That never comes. Wow. What rip-offs. Who is getting all this extra money? These cheats I'm thinking. Complain about things missing or prices inflated from list price I can find online.... They sent me 20k in trash but called salvage. Everything was in there from 10 year old filing cab to empty plastic coke bottles total lose. Buyer beware of these cheats....

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

We purchased two pallets using our AMEX card and it was completely garbage! 65 boxes of unusable parts and/or junk. We took pictures of each and every box and its contents, and then promptly submitted disputes with all the photos on the liquidation.com site as well as with the credit card company. AMEX issued a credit immediately. Liquidation.com told us we had 24 hours to resend our documents to them (we think this is their slick legal way of voiding disputes). We resubmitted our dispute as well as photo evidence within the allotted 24 hours. Within 2 or three days we received notification that a full refund would be issued and nothing had to be returned.

Liquidation.com, Amazon and all the merchandisers that support this ripoff practice should be ashamed. Please don't allow them to keep your money!!! If customer service refuses to issue a refund please contact the Better Business Bureau as this is the only way to stop businesses from taking advantage of consumers. They misrepresented all of the items and we weren't going to pay for their junk!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

If I could leave no stars I would! This company is just awful. I purchased a $400 pallet from them that was delivered to the wrong address. When I inquired with them about where it was delivered bc I had not received it they said they would look into it but never got back. I filed a complaint with UPS and opened a PayPal dispute bc I never received the item! Luckily ups got it sorted and finally got it delivered to the right address. Upon receiving most the items were either broken or garbage. They claimed the pallet was worth $2,000 which is an absolute joke and false! They’ve since blocked my account so I can’t contact them with my complaint. So I will be contacting PayPal again for a refund or my bank. BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

My name is Sandra ** and my user id is **. I have been a seller for liquidation.com for 6 years 7 months. I'm writing this email to let you know that I had a dispute several months ago from a buyer. Customer support ruled that the dispute was in MY FAVOR and that I would be paid for disputed item. Then about a week later they changed the outcome of dispute and said the buyer was in favor. I read in my contract that that all rulings of disputes are FINAL. I sent whoever does disputes more paperwork and as of today NEVER HEARD BACK FROM THEM.

Meanwhile, 2 items that were sent out to two buyers have been completed and it says "paying seller" on Dec 2. I still haven't gotten paid for those 2 items and I was wondering what was taking so long. I come to find out from Jacinta ** that I have a negative balance on my account for the dispute and that money was being taken out from my items for the dispute and that UPS said item was undelivered because I was not home. This is not true. I stay home all day every day and not one UPS package was delivered to me and if they did they never put a note saying, "Sorry we missed" note they always put on my door saying they tried to deliver a package to me. I never got item back from buyer and I was told by Jacinta ** not to worry that the company would take care of dispute.

Now all of a sudden I'm not getting paid for my items because of this said dispute?? I will not sell anything else on LIQUIDATION.COM site until I receive all monies due me for all of my items. I also will write complaints to BBB and whoever else I can regarding this matter. I have been a seller for this company 6 years and 7 months and I know there are a lot of complaints regarding this company. I will not let this company steal from me because that is what this company is doing by not paying me for my items. I want payment immediately for all items that have been sent out.

Also, this is from Liquidation.com Terms and Conditions. It states: Our customer service department accepts and reviews legitimate claims solely as a service. Liquidity Services is not responsible or liable for any Assets, or Listings of third-party sellers. Where you have a legitimate claim, refunds or returns of merchandise must be approved by our customer service department. All decisions of the customer service department are final

Also, I never received a tracking number from Jacinta ** or anyone else at Liquidation.com or the buyer for allegedly sending my item back to me. Jacinta ** said I refused item and said it was undeliverable which is a complete and total lie. I want tracking number so I can investigate if item was actually sent. This company has so many complaints from people because of their unscrupulous business practices. I have no idea WHY LIQUIDATION.COM is not investigated and shut down. I want all money from items I sold on LIQUIDATION.COM totaling $280.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I have been making Liquidations sales for about a year now and have purchased pallets or lots from several companies. I have now bought five different lots from Liqudation.com, including my current box purchased on 11/25/2020. I have bought electronic boxes, General Merchandise, and current health and beauty. I have found that about 10 - 20 percent of the items are broken or worthless, but that is the chance you take in the Piqudation game. I have never lost money on a pallet, and most of the items are sell quickly or have sold at Yard Sales.

Con: Here is my issue; I could pick my Warehouse orders in Princeton, Indiana. But due to COVID, they are still in a ship only unless you buy a full pallet. Their policy is adding anywhere from $50 - $175 in the shipping cost per order, making the pallets cost over 20% of the total value on my orders. Pro: Shipping is fast and packed in good condition. I think people need to understand the difference between a listed auction of boxes, Gaylord pallets, and Large item actions. I would never buy large items without being able to inspect those items.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I am new to the reselling world but after researching and weighing the risks I decided to take a chance on ordering from Liquidation.com. I ordered a pallet of customer returns, having researched and talked to other people who have ordered from them I felt confident that I would be able to at the very least get my money back and possibly make a few bucks. I figured it would be a learning experience and I was aware that I was taking a risk that I would be getting a percentage of items that would be used or possibly not working. Most people that I talked to said that I could count on around 10 to 20% of items being used condition or possibly not working. I felt that I would be ok and would still at the very least make my money back and also get an idea of what to expect on future orders.

After receiving the pallet I would say that maybe 50% of items are resalable if that. One item was a damaged open box that had a toaster oven in it that was probably 10 years old - total loss, I received 4 microwaves none of which worked at all 2 were destroyed (falling apart) and 1 was not working and 1 was an old microwave that was thrown in a box that had not insides and was like a Walmart $50.00 microwave when it was new. The rest of the pallet was air fryers half of which did not work. Total loss! I think I maybe have 5 items that I was able to resell and they were cheap air fryers. Spent $900.00 all in.

I called customer service because I felt that the listing was misrepresented, I bought a customer return pallet NOT a salvage pallet! I feel like I got 80% salvage and that it not an exaggeration. They told me that was the risk that you take and that they could put in a claim but that the sellers would not do anything about it. I feel like I was 100% misled and I will not be doing business with them again. I caution anyone thinking of buying from this company that you will not get what you pay for. I knew I was taking a chance but as I stated above, this was a salvage pallet not a customer return pallet. Lesson Learned!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I was looking for a place where I could buy pallets for my Ebay business and came across Liquidation.com. thought I would give it a try and found a lot of baby clothes that were adorable. Did my due diligence and read through the manifest, description of what I'd be getting and photos. Everything was listed as new and were supposedly "overstock" items. I figured all in at 400.00 total could easily make my money back plus a little more. I enjoy selling things and realize I'm not going to make millions doing it. I was so excited when the box arrived and couldn't wait to see all the cute clothes.

When I opened the box I almost threw up. Not sure where this box had come from but all I can say is it smelled as if it had been sitting in a musty basement for years. All of the clothes I received were not what I was shown. Out of 100 onesies I had 5 that were okay. Most were missing female end of snaps, stained and looked liked they were ones that came off the line messed up. No tags to tell me what size they were and not 100% cotton as promised. I am very disappointed that this company seems to keep doing this and getting away with scamming people out of their hard-earned money.

The clothes that were in this box were so nasty I wouldn't give them away. Please stay away from the company. I'm sure not all the sellers are this way but don't trust enough to even try again. If you're buying from them beware. Don't buy from a marketplace seller, Beauty Breeze. Not only did they do a bait and switch on me but the clothes they did send me were so poorly made that if a snap ever fell off it could be dangerous for a infant, stay away.

Liquidation.com Company Information