Lightspeed Consumer Panel

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was a member of Lightspeed Panel a few years ago. For about a year. Not that it matters, but I left because my hours at work doubled. Not because of any issue. I never once had a problem though. Quite frankly, those of you that were sent checks? I'm not sure who contacted you, but speaking from my own experience, I don't believe it was anyone from Lightspeed. I was never once asked for credit card numbers nor sent a large check to cash and 'share'. I did receive checks, but only for the specified small amounts after a survey or product trial. I say with all honesty, I never once had any type of problem with Lightspeed. I'm truly sorry for those of you going through what you're going through.

I was very interested in their pitch and concept. I answered all of the questions, created an account; but then they asked for not only my credit card info but for my actual log in, password, and security Q&A for my credit card site! Am I crazy or are there really people that would fall for that?? Now I am a bit nervous about giving them the little information I did.

I received a letter promising an Amazon gift card if I went to an online survey and participated. I honestly answered questions (about my credit card use and perks) for about 10 pages, and then got a screen that said that I didn't qualify. No rewards, but they got my data. DO NOT DO THIS survey. I wish I had lied.

I cannot log into my account to redeem the reward points I've earned over the past months. Whenever I email "Lauren" I get no response and the issue(s) are almost never resolved. The lack of a timely response from these people is very frustrating. Not sure I'd waste my time again taking surveys only to have my rewards never materialize. Loss of $40 in rewards because I cannot access my account to redeem points and cannot get anyone at Lightspeed to respond to any of my emails.

Wow, glad I found the light speed complaint page. I thought it was just me. I would like to know what happened to points for cash that I had accumulated, but glad to know that I am not the only one whose log in doesn't work, and e-mail is not returned. Maybe they are out of business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lightspeed Consumer Panel?

Would like you to remove screen that comes up asking if I'm a user or another person on the computer? Please get rid of pop-up when I sign in! Hope this matter is taken care of promptly!

They never answer emails! I cannot log in to the site. Keep getting an error message, not just once but over a period of several days. It is like they have deleted me from their system and have not notified me and refuse to answer emails. What is their problem? They have surveys that ask several questions and take quite a while to complete and then say "you don't qualify" and you seldom get any points for the rewards.

I have been a Panel member for some time now. I was asked by this company to do a Web tracking survey. I downloaded what they asked, and now the program is interfering with my computer. I have sent 9 e-mails asking how to remove program and have never had a reply. Lauren will not return e-mails. I just read about others who get no response from her (or Lightspeed). What can I do? It messes up my computer and I no longer want it. I can’t find it to remove it.

I was issued a check in the amount of $1,950.00 and was asked to cash it and go to two Western Unions to transfer money to a ‘bogus’ person. I realized the day after I did the transactions that I should call the bank and see if the check went through. The bank informed me that I was just ‘scammed’! I will be responsible to pay back the money to the bank that I withdrew. I am also unemployed and struggling to keep my house.

I thought this would help save some money to get caught up in payments on the house. What a fool I am? I hope that there are people out there that will investigate before they fall into the hands of Lightspeed Research. The ones that say they have not had any problems with Lightspeed are probably the ones that are scamming all of us! I will have to pay back the money that I used to the bank for the bad check.

I signed up to do surveys online and in stores. In about a month, I received a check of $1,300. The check was watermarked and looked legal. My bank saw nothing wrong with it. I was advised by Daniel from Lightspeed to do a Western union survey and wire him some money back, and also to go to Macy's and do a customer survey. In about three days, I looked in my account and found out that their check had bounced and I was responsible for $1,300. This company is a freaking scam from hell!

I've been on consumeraffairs.com and saw a lot of people complaining about light speed consumer panel. Most of them had the same problem of a Moneygram fraud going on. I checked the site and their FAQ and I found this:

"I received a letter with Lightspeed Consumer Panel's name and address that included two cashier's checks. Is this legit? I received a letter with Lightspeed's name and address that included two cashier's checks. Is this legit? No! Lightspeed Consumer Panel will never send you any sort of mailed correspondence without your previous consent. It has recently come to our attention that there is a letter being circulated that begins with a "Lightspeed Consumer Panel" logo at the top of the page and our NJ office address, followed by an unknown Canadian address (not associated with Lightspeed). The letter begins, "Attention: Survey Participant, This is in response to your interest in carrying out customer satisfactory program on MoneyGram International Facilities. " It ends by instructing the person to call Michael ** at *** to complete your survey. Yours truly, Amanda McDonald, Client Manager"

"These people are not employed by Lightspeed Research nor associated with the company in any way. There may also be cashiers checks included in the envelope featuring the name "Chase Manhattan Bank, 6040 Tarbell Road, Syracuse, NY 13206" in the top left hand corner. These checks will be filled out for an odd amount of money. Do not deposit these into your bank account. They are not real. This is an attempt by scammers to gain access to your financial information and to cheat you out of money. Lightspeed Research has reported the mail fraud scheme to the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is the law enforcement agency responsible for investigating mail fraud. For your convenience, a complaint may be filed either: By filing a complaint electronically on the United States Postal Inspection Service website. By writing to the United States Postal Inspection Service at: The U.S. Postal Inspection Service 222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1250 Chicago, IL 60606 Please contact Lightspeed Research immediately if you have received the above letter and checks; or if you have any further questions regarding this matter."

I hope this clears any problems anyone has had. I have yet to find any serious problem with Lightspeed myself.

I just signed up today on the suggestion of a "Hailey Gates". When I responded to the e-mail of confirmation with a Thank you note, it came back to me with the comment the mailbox was full, unable to deliver. I checked online who is Hailey ** and discovered that she is an actress (in Texas). However, there are Facebook pages with that name and I left a message at the one that had a picture of her, asking whether she is doing the Survey Money Machine activity. I am waiting for an answer.

Fyi, the page only had 5 friends and referred me to Macopa Community College. I looked at the site and felt that I may have fallen on a scam. I also traced the IP of the e-mail that confirmed me and it showed the IP in Pensylvania. The Whois refers to a company called Paetec (paetec.com) that offers solutions for scam protections.

I have never had any trouble with Lightspeed Consumer Panel. I take surveys and request gift cards. I have always received my gift cards within a few weeks and they always work. I still do surveys with Lightspeed on a regular basis.

I received two checks in the amount of $1,997.69 from a supposed survey involving customer service evaluation of Western Union and MoneyGram International. Paperwork requests me to cash checks at my bank and proceed to Walmart or to the closest Western Union. I am responsible for the amount of these checks when cashed by my bank. If I request my bank to hold the checks until they can be verified, then I am charged a service fee! I am unemployed and I have no money. I can't afford to cover the checks or pay the bank's service fee!

I just received an e-mail from Lightspeed today, March 5, 2010. It wanted me to go to Wal-Mart and send a money gram. It sounded like a scam, so I ignored it. I did sign up approximately 10 months ago to do surveys for Lightspeed, but have only done a few. I find this company to be one of the most bogus of all the survey companies. I will opt out of their survey program and stick with other companies. Beware of Lightspeed! By the way, I have never gotten paid for the few surveys I did do.

I did a 2 week daily survey last year that I never received full credit for. I have sent numerous e-mails to the mysterious "Lauren" and received no acknowledgement. I sent another one this last week. They are very good about small surveys, it is the large ones they ignore. I am now in the middle of another one and I get e-mails saying I did not do the survey. Again, I have contacted Lauren and there was no response and no points. At this point I am missing between $50-$75 in points from 2009 survey. I am missing about $25-$50 in points from the current study.

I have tried to contact this survey company numerous times by email concerning incentives that I was awarded and never received. Also, I am questioning as to whether this "Lauren" character that your emails are sent to even exists. After being a member of this survey group for 11 years, this past 1-2 years have been very disappointing as far as being a member.

I realize I have the option of ending my membership with this survey group , yet I do enjoy their surveys and incentives when and if I do receive them. Also there was the scam with the checks being received via postal mail, which luckily I talked with my bank manager and she immediately knew that this was a scam. I was one of the fortunate ones , as I am certain there were many innocent victims of this fraud, yet the actual survey company " Lightspeed Consumer Panel" never notified its members about this scam and totally ignored the issue.

I have tried contacting them via telephone, after finding their number through an extremely hard time of searching the internet, and then , all I receive is a message that they will return my call, which has never happened. My major complaint is who is this "Lauren" who never returns any correspondence that is sent "her"(?) direction.

Presently I am involved in a two week diary survey study and have had severe technical problems with this survey, which offers a rather handsome incentive. Yet, they continue to ignore any contact I have made to them. Thanks for any and all consideration of this matter, and in my opinion, the BBB should definitely investigate this survey company.

Since being unemployed, I thought I would try out getting paid for online surveys. I received a survey from Lightspeed Panels titled Consumer Say. This survey started asking questions regarding the credit cards that I use regularly. They wanted the name of the credit card companies and get this, they proceeded to ask for my online banking login names and passwords for each credit card and my private security questions with my answers. I decided to put in phony information just to see. Right then and there with the fake information I entered, it started trying to log into my bank and I was then informed that my info did not exist. It is frightening to think that possibly with the lure of a $20 Amazon gift card, there might be someone out there that would give out their banking logins. I will not be participating in anymore surveys with Lightspeed. Users beware.

I defense of Lightspeed: I have been a member of this survey panel for 10 years. I have never had any problems receiving my money or contacting them.

I believe the checks being sent to people under Lightspeeds name are from a scammer and not from Lightspeed. They do not send checks out unless you request them from your survey account.

Wal-mart store survey money gram, recieved letter for survey participant, asking me to call to the above mentioned number with instructions to deposit check number 213668 into my bank account and wait till tommorrow after noon to make sure funds are in my account, then to call back for instructions, check is in the amount of 1,987.11, I did not do as told only because I researched this site and realized that it was a scam.

I received two checks in the mail--each close to $2,000. I was supposed to deposit them then call and get directions on what to do. After the call, I was to go to my local Walmart, act as a customer and send $1,700 plus to this Lightspeed via MoneyGram. And then I need to fill out a survey on how I was treated and how the transaction was dealt with.

They claim that they are doing the survey to find out if they are going to renew their contract with Walmart. I went to the bank as I was fixing to deposit one when the teller stopped me and asked if I knew about their new ATM service - which I did not know. So a representative walked me to the ATM and as we walked, I talked to her. It led to the check I was fixing to deposit. She thought right away it sounded like a scam. Thank God, she did.

She made copies of my letter and the check - and is going to report it. Hopefully, it will help shut these people down. If I had went through with it, she said I would have sent the money to them. The check I had deposited would prove to be bogus, my account would have been shut down, and I would be facing fraud charges for money laundering. This is serious stuff, people. Watch yourselves.

I requested a $10 payment to my PayPal account on 5/10/09. Their FAQ said payment should be sent in a few days. I sent two requests via their email asking them to check on my order. I provided the order number. I have received no response. $10 is not a large amount, but it is money I earned from taking surveys.

i did surveys for them and htey have not paid me for them. its been over 6 weeks. i have emailed them atleast 8 times and have not recived anything back. tthey owe me 70$

I recieved two fraudelent cheaks for $1765.59 & $1765.11 with instructions to deposit checks in my bank and then to carry out customer satisfactory surveys at my local Wal-Mart stores. I imediately knew this was a scam and therefore looked it up online and that led me to this site.

I am taking the checks to my police dept in hopes that something will be done to stop these scams. Its the people like me, who are trying to earn an extra few dollars to support my family that are being defrauded. We live from check to check as it is without something like this to completely destroy our lives. I hope these people are stopped and that people at least try to find out if its a scam like I did before they deposit the checks.

Thank God that I thought enough about it to look it up online before they had the chance to steal my money from my bank. If I had deposited those checks, my family would not have had any place to live or food to eat!!

I have been a member of the Lightspeed panel for six or seven years. I have never heard of the type of survey you reported. I get all of my survey invitations by email. You know, if you had a question about the check, you could have contacted Lightspeed, They do have FAQs.

On February 16th I received a cashier's check in the mail in the amount of $1765.59. I hadn't earned that much from this company yet so I was suspicious. I was directed to evaluate MoneyGram locations located in Wal-Mart stores. I was instructed to call a number to activate the check. I called the number provided and was informed to deposit the check in my bank. I was told the funds would be available the following day.

I took it to my bank and they took one look at it and instructed me to take it to the bank that it was written on. I decided to call the bank before driving to their location since it was a 45 minuted drive away. They looked up the check and determined that it was fraudulant. They instructed me to take the check to the nearest police department and report it. Since the check came in the mail it is considered a federal offense. I haven't had a chance to take it to the police department yet due to scheduling at work, but I will do so very soon.

As a result of this I drove to the bank that the check was drawn on (45 minutes away). I did not deposit it in my bank or use any of the money so I guess I was a lucky one.

Signed up on line to do surveys, recieved a paper requesting I do a survey at the Money Gram conter at Wal-Mart together with a check for $1765.59. Called for further instruction and told to deposit check and funds would be cleared in 2 days and to call again then. Sounded to good to be true so contacting you to stop these scammers. This has cost me time and money. I can forward this material to you if you so desire.

I called my bank and asked if I deposited this check and it was a scam, could the scammers get money from my account and they told me NO. I was still scared perhaps the persons at the customer service counters of banks don't even know.

Lightspeed Consumer Panel Company Profile