2.4/5 (447 ratings)

About iYogi

Enriching the lives of connected consumers:

iYogi Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?

Original review: April 2, 2016

I have asked and been told on the phone and in writing SEVEN times since mid-December that I would receive my $389.99 refund in seven to 10 business days. Well, Wednesday I was assured, once again, that I would receive it, except this time it was three days. As others have said, it's a long and frustrating process just to get someone on the phone. I've gotten very good at pushing people to get information. Their excuses, of course, never match up with what the last person said. I've been told they had to investigate my claim, they were shorthanded during the holidays, that the last day of the 10 days was "holiday" (though another week had passed), and the other day I got probably the most honest answer "money problems."

iYogi is in a downward spiral and they are being sued on several fronts for unpaid bills and broken contracts. Folks, our money is gone. My only question is whether Vishal Dhar goes to jail for stealing it. He belongs there.

Original review: March 31, 2016

I am one those victim of the so many customers. iYogi operations are based on deceit, extortion, false ad. Not abide by its commitments. They only 2 lines. You call. You wait almost one hour, while you are listening to the agonizing, taped background music, then a person come along, apologize, and then tell you, "Please do not hang up." You wait another hour on the phone, and suddenly get disconnected. You talk to someone. They assure you, "You get your refund within seven days." Nothing will happen. You call back again...

Original review: March 29, 2016

I became a member back in 2012 or 2013. They was good at for a few months, then I start having problems with them because they always want to sell me something before they would fix my problems. I just renew my membership which in was three computers with protection, and repairs. The tech was fixing my

Computer, and I get the new virus program. As soon as everything went through, he close my case saying he fix everything, and said nothing about the new contract he made with me. And the deal he made with me because I am a good customer. I try to get back in touch with them the within a hour, have not been able to reach anyone by phone or email. For over a month or more now, I call every day no answer, what the hell is going on?

Original review: March 28, 2016

I joined iYogi Technical Support on 8th September 2014 and paid $459-99 AUD for 3 years support. Due to a fire in my house in late September 2015 I lost my computer. I contacted iYogi at 10-55 am on the 6th October 2015 to cancel the contract and the operator hung up on me when I told him what had happened. Rang back again at 11-03 am and was told a Supervisor would ring me, “that never happened”.

At 12-55 pm I rang again and spoke the Rahim (Supervisor) told him about the above and he informed me I would receive the amount of $252-99 AUD refund because they take $41.43 cancellation fee from me. He wanted my bank details so that the money could be refunded/transferred within 7-10 days. Later in the day I rang iYogi, spoke with and gave Deepak the information they wanted.

On 20th October 2015 I rang iYogi again, spoke with Vijay at 10-15 am and told to wait for another few days. On 27th October I rang iYogi again, spoke with Saurabh at 9-20 am who spoke to his Supervisor and was told “There was a technical delay and that I would receive my money by the end of the week”. Saurabh asked for my email address to confirm the payment when sent. “I got no email.” On 28th October 2015 I received a phone call from Meenakshi (Meena) in the iYogi Indian Call Centre telling me they cannot find any information on my Bank in Australia. So all Bank details resupplied, and told confirmation of money transfer would be sent to me from the iYogi Headquarters in India. “No confirmation sent.”

On 30th October 2015 another phone call from Meenakshi (Meena) at 9-45 am wanting to have a 3way conversation with my bank in Adelaide. The 3way connection was made and the Supervisor in my Bank resupplied all details again. There was some confusion so I requested Meena let my Bank Supervisor and myself speak to her supervisor. Manpreet (Supervisor) joined us and questions were asked by myself and my bank as to why the money could not be returned via my card, Manpreet replied “There was a Technical Fault their end and it would not allow the credit to go ahead.”

Also during the conversation with Manpreet it was mentioned that I would have to pay a fee to do a Swift transaction, Manpreet agreed to increase my refund by $10-00AUD to cover the cost and my inconvenience. Manpreet advised I would receive an email stating when the transfer would go ahead. “Nothing happened.” Rang again on 10th December 2015 spoke with Deepak at 2-50 pm and he was amazed I had not received my money. Advised me to ring on 11th December 2015 to speak to the Supervisor and maybe the General Manager to sort it out.

On 11th December at 7-05 am I rang and spoke with Ankida, explained to all to her and asked to speak with her supervisor. She went to him and came back and said that Kuldeep (Supervisor) would ring me within ½ hour. That did not happen. At 9-15 am I spoke with Ravi, told him that a Supervisor was going to ring me and he said “You will have to wait another hour” because they were overloaded with calls. Asked him to let me speak with the General Manager but could not do that!

On 14th December 2015 I rang again and had 3 rude operators hang up on me between 6-05 am and 6-12 am (Good Advertising on behalf of iYogi). At 6-12 am I spoke with Amit who asked me to ring back in 3 hours’ time so the they (iYogi) could request another 3way conversation with my bank. At 8-55 am I rang again to another rude operator who hung up when asked to spell his name. At 8-57 am I rang again and spoke to Ruma and after me asking several times to speak with her Supervisor I finally spoke to Manpreet (Supervisor). Manpreet and myself went through all the Bank details again to make sure they were correct. He then advised me he would be speaking to their Finance Section. As it was the Sunday in America he could not do it straight away but he would call me back within 24 hours to tell me what’s going on. This has not happened.

On 17th December 2015 at 6-30 am I rang iYogi again, spoke with Vinay at 7-00 am and explained everything that Manpreet had said on the 14th December. Vinay told me an email was sent to the Finance Department and still working on the issue and to call back in 24 hours. It was inconvenient for me to do it. Today 29th March 2016 I rang iYogi and it appears their phone line is faulty or disconnected as I hear nothing, so cannot contact them again. I think members should be able to speak to the Finance Department to find out what is going on.

It appears to me that iYogi may not be the “honest company” they say they are because they are all promises and no action on refunds. Also if they had a fault with transferring my refund with a “Technical Fault” surely that would be resolved by now? It also appears to me that the Indian Call Centre has many RUDE Customer Service Agents who consistently want to hang the phone up when asked to spell their name. This could be GOOD advertising for iYogi. Can somebody advise me how I contact Mr Uday Challu so I can sort it out with him.

Original review: March 28, 2016

Talked with Tech Support today on 877-700-5207 and the tech also gave me **. I too have used them for years and very satisfied. Have anti-virus and support until 2017 but all of a sudden I'm told my program doesn't protect me from adverse or malware. But if I pay $200 for one year I can have 3 computers fully protected and don't even need a virus protection!

Original review: March 26, 2016

The upfront service sounds really good. I paid the $149 for a one year maintenance contract for 3 computers. iYogi kept pushing for me to buy a 3 year plan. I told them I wanted to see how the 1st year goes. However, they were not able to fix my computer and then kept saying my login problem was due to improper network security. Wanted me to spend another $130 to download more software that "would fix the problem". I asked for a refund and they kept telling me they could fix the problem, if I would just pay an additional $130. I told them several times I wanted a refund and they declined. I disputed it through my credit card company. I took it to a local provider who fixed the issue for $75.

Original review: March 25, 2016

I'm also a victim of iYogi. Paid their fee and now can get no response. I have 2 questions: Will the PC tune-up keys they installed still work? And some reviewer mentioned a fee tech service. Can anyone provide a name and contact number?

Original review: March 24, 2016

I cannot receive support after renewing in February for two years - for two PCs. No answer on the 800# and no connection with a chat representative. Furthermore, I did not receive continued updates. Both of my PCs continue to indicate that my virus protection is not up to date. NO ANSWER from technical support for days. Very disappointing to say the least. In excess of $250.00 - and no support - no protection. I have not received an update verification since renewal.

Original review: March 23, 2016

When I 1st sign on with iYogi back around 2009 they were GREAT however I feel as though I have been totally ripped off as others have written. The icons are not working. I cannot reach them on any of the numbers. I am not so willing to lie down on this. I want my $$$ back! Is anyone out there to take the journey to see what can be done about this iYogi company?

Original review: March 22, 2016

I have been trying to contact iYogi and cannot reach them. I have tried the chat online and called them several times. I bought their service to fix computer several times and never had a problem. I just bought it again a few months ago and now they are not answering phones. They want you to buy things all the time. I don't recommend them anymore. I have been ripped off by them as far as I am concerned.

Original review: March 18, 2016

I've been trying to call them for two weeks. Half the time the phone is busy or it goes right to hold music then after 45 min. nothing. I send emails to them. They never respond every time I call. It's a 2 hour thing and they try to sell me something. What really sucks is I wasn't looking for them. I called Apple for help. They told me that iYogi was their tech Co. so I bought a 1 year subscription. After 6 month they said I needed to re-up. Then I paid for 5 years. Now I can't get in touch with them. Thanks Apple.

Original review: March 18, 2016

I was dealing with iYogi before I was suggested a free site for technical support. My experience with iYogi is bad. They spend too much time even for a small issue. Finally, I have stopped doing business with 'em. Now, I'm with some other tech geeks who provide any type of tech support for free.

Original review: March 18, 2016

Agree that this business is nothing more than a scam. Bought their product and not only did they not fix what was broke, they left my PC inoperative. I will now have to pay someone to fix after dumping everything. Calls always on wait & then they hang up after 20 minutes of holding.

Original review: March 15, 2016

I have been trying to call iYogi for some technical support and they are not answering their telephone. I have had two hang ups. I have tried their Customer Service Department as well with no success. I tried their Email address and that doesn't work? At this point, I feel that I have been ripped off and paid several hundred dollars for a service until 2018. I urge everyone that reads this, do not to do any service with this company. I was also charged for Microsoft Office 2013 Home & Student and charged $162.99 that I did not order or receive.

Original review: March 14, 2016

Scam! Scam! Scam! These people are total rip off. Took me for lots of money for nothing. Bought their expensive service contract until 2020. They hang up every time I call. All they did was sell me software not needed and did not fix problem.

Original review: March 8, 2016

Last week iYogi installed anti-virus software and an optimizer for the amount of $199.98. I discovered today 03/07/16 that the printer drivers that were installed on my laptop and phone, making it possible for me to print wirelessly all of a sudden no longer worked. I contacted iYogi about 9 am today hoping to get this fixed and my vertical scroll bar to that also stopped working after one of their technicians was on my computer for over 3 hours. Wasted all day and none of my problems were fixed. I dealt with at least 4 technicians today. It was obvious and apparent to me that the cause of not being able to print from my laptop and phone is the fault of the technicians, but instead of the tech agreeing with my assessment, he tried to pressure me to purchase live docs software for $99.00.

I totally agree with many of the other reviews about the pressure to sell software or services. Squeezing money out of customers is their number one priority. Help with the customers issues not a top priority. I had tech support with them in the early 2000's and I was very happy with their service, so I decided to pay for tech support with them again, so I signed up in September 2015. I can't wait for my subscription to expire. I will be looking for another company that can provide tech services for me. iYogi has become a very lousy company. If you want to be frustrated and get pissed off with the relentless pressure to buy software or services that you don't need contact iYogi, if not I would advise anyone thinking about iYogi to think again.

Original review: March 5, 2016

I became a client of iYogi in 2010 and over the subsequent years they gave me an excellent service in sorting out computer problems. I paid subscriptions on an annual basis and the current one is not due to expire until 2017. They sorted out problems on 12 December 2015, 6 January 2016, and the last one was on 16 February 2016. It came as a shock to discover that it has become impossible to contact them at all either on the internet or on the telephone. Their Live Help and Push to Talk icons disappeared on my screen. Their website is there on the screen but any attempt to contact them fails.

I have read numerous recent complaints on the internet alleging a scam and that iYogi tried to get more money from subscribers using bogus grounds. They did try this out on me in January and February. I see the company is registered in New York and wonder whether I could claim a reimbursement for the cost of my remaining subscription.

Original review: March 3, 2016

As with others that have experienced tech support assistance with iYogi, I too have spent over $700.00 (just in 2015) for their services and products. I probably didn't need but yet they insisted would improve the performance of my laptop. I needed their assistance again in December and realized that the calls to different #s I have on file were no longer in service. I tried 3xs in January as well to reach them and then went to Consumer Reports to see if others were having difficulty. Lo and behold there are many. I am very disappointed to have been scammed by these people in India. It always took forever to get a knowledgeable rep on the phone and to get issues resolved. I would give myself 2 hrs with them on the phone. This is all discouraging and would like to know if there is a lawsuit being filed against iYogi. I have a statement from my bank showing the iYogi purchases.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I paid for EVERY little thing they told me I needed. The $800.00 computer and $500.00 for three year service. After one year every time I needed any help there was always some new coverage that wasn't included that cost an extra $99.00. DO NOT buy anything from this computer support company. They are a fraud company!!!

Original review: March 2, 2016

Like others, I have had a contract with iYogi for 2 years now and was initially very satisfied with their service. The technicians were knowledgeable and able to resolve my computer problems quickly. My last call to iYogi on 2/18/2016 was a nightmare. After 3 1/2 hours on the phone with a technician, I was given the hard sell that I needed security software at the cost of $ 99. Foolishly I agreed only to find out shortly afterward that I was actually sold an entirely different product -- Live Docs which is software for word processing, spreadsheets, etc.

To make matters worse when the technician cleaned up my computer, he also removed my copy of Microsoft Office. I am away from home from 3 months, didn't have the disk or purchase number needed to reload it, so I am unable to open necessary files, etc. Subsequent calls to iYogi have been the typical "I'm so sorry. We will take care of it right away." My 4th call today for a refund and download of Microsoft Office to my computer has been unsuccessful. None of the numbers work and I suspect they have gone out of business. It is so sad that a company that started out so well has ended so badly.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

My story is similar to so many. I signed up with iYogi several years ago and was pleased with the work but annoyed by the hard sell. I ended up purchasing services and items I didn't need. For the last 6-12 months, things have changed. It takes forever if you are lucky enough to get thru. I've gotten to a point where I spoke with someone who made it seem I would be up soon only to wait an additional two hours. Today I called and the number I have always used no longer works. Sadly, something has happened and the service has gotten much worse. Fortunately, the work I have had has been good but after reading some stories here I'm afraid to have them work on my machines. May just have to write them off as a loss.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

I have three Mac computers that I have iYogi monitor and check about every three months. Since the beginning of 2016, I am not able to get thru to Tech Support and am put on hold for over 20 minutes and then I just give up. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. I have spent over $400 for a three year service contract. They are constantly pushing me to buy other services that is very insulting. I will just have to BITE all the money I have spent on this ONCE GREAT SERVICE that has now become nothing but CRAP. I wish I knew of another service that would help with my computers. Again please do not waste your money and time with this outfit.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

I have a similar experience with Stephen of London. I have been using iYogi for the last several years and have been very pleased with the level of service. The last two calls I have noticed the quality of service significantly impaired. They were unable to resolve my issue. Every conversation had been about a hard sell for some product or service. Now my printer is not working, and I have to get the issue resolved. The phone number no longer works to get in contact with them. It appears that this is the beginning of the end for iYogi. That is a shame, but I really did like the concept of iYogi.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

I signed up with them for tech support. I was never able to get in touch with them by phone after the first contact. I would call the number they gave me and it would just put me on hold for hours. Quit trying to contact them after calling them five more times and holding. I had to purchase other tech support from another company. I was contacted by a representative asking why I had not called for months and I told them about the phone number issue. And I assumed I had been ripped off. I asked for refund and he gave me the number for billing. It was no surprise when that number rang and rang. I finally got in touch with someone via their website. They were rude and wouldn't refund my money even though they admit that the problem was caused by them. Beware. Do not use this company.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

The tech support had been very good for the previous 4 or 5 yrs. In the last 3 or 4 months they became very slow to deal with problems, then began giving the hard sell for other products, and most recently (and disastrously) in the last 4 days have managed to lose a great deal of my stored information, during 2 sessions of trying to fix something (ability to dictate into my voice recognition service). They had coped with easily on earlier occasions.

When doing so, after I had declined buying a top-up of the contract I had already paid for, the technicians used very clunky English, passed me from one to the other, and behaved in a grumpy way. Finally the man at the time simply cut off the connection. He (or they) had done something to the innards of my computer which made the machine inoperable. The local indie computer engineer has done the best he can, but I have the horrible feeling that a lot of material has been lost for good. His opinion is that iYogi has become pretty much a scam operation, no longer to be relied upon, regardless of how satisfactory it had been once.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

Very few of the iYogi techs have the level of training to resolve issues without multiple attempts to solve a problem. Most are level 2 grade, very seldom can the consumer get the best tech, a Level 3. In previous times, I had to spend up to 2 and 3 hours on the phone while the tech figured out how to resolve the issue. In the past 4 months or longer the 24/7 service they advertise has been nonexistent. The Support Dock to connect to their tech is never working. They cannot be contacted by phone, the call doesn't go through, using multiple numbers, or the call gets disconnected. I have been using their service for about 3-4 years but I am now considering terminating if change does not take place.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

I was with iYogi for many years. For the first 6 years I was very happy with their service, with the exception of the high pressure sales pitches every time I called. They were reachable and proficient. HOWEVER. about two years ago, they either cut their staff, OR they oversold their ability to service their existing accounts. They could no longer be reached through chat or a phone call. I even left many messages for a call back. It has been 6 months... Still waiting for the return phone call. Still cannot reach them by phone OR by chat. We have now signed up with a different provider. My advice... STAY FAR AWAY!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

I had iYogi for a year and when it was time to renew, I was ready. I didn't like that I had to stay on the phone with them, sometimes for ages, so I didn't call often and when I did, I received good service. They always tried to upsell and they no speaky english when it suits them. I believed that it was time to renew and I was quoted $180 for three years. They transferred me to another site to securely pay and three times it was declined. They wanted another credit card and I told them that due to the statement closing date I wanted to wait three days to use the next card.

They did argue but they had no choice. He said he would call me at 3:45 and I wanted to know whose time and what date, but he had disconnected. I think they left my computer worse off, or certainly didn't finish it. Today I actually tried to call and couldn't get through so I tried to use iYogi.com and ran across all the mentions of class action lawsuits and complaints and I guess now I know why their phone did not even ring. All the screen icons show they weren't working either. I don't think I was "taken" but I was saved by seeing this website and I am grateful for that. Good luck to all who were not so fortunate, and thank you for sharing.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

A man called me this weekend (suspicious) and told me he was with iYogi and it took a long time to figure out what he was saying because I couldn't understand a thing he was saying. Finally I understood the company's name and he kept insisting that I had a virus and I needed to go to my computer and do what he told me to do. (suspicious). I said you are just a voice on my phone and he said he worked for the company that sold this computer and that I needed to go to my computer and do what he tells me to do because he works for a security firm that has tracked a virus on my computer. I have 3 computers and he never knew that. I feel now that I know what this company is by searching the website; he was trying to get me to insert a program with a virus so he could tell me how he saved me from some hacker and sell me some product.

This is obviously a scam company. I am not listed in the phone book and my telephone number must have been sold to him. I hope the district attorney in Washington State nabs these people for fraud or at least stop them from operating in America. The number they gave me was 1888-508-6250 and 1-918-274-1659 was the number that showed up on my caller ID.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

My computer is so slow it might as well be backing up. Programs will not respond or it will take minutes to get them. I was told 2 weeks ago that TechGenie was not compatible with my laptop and that someone would call and remove it. No call and I cannot reach anyone by phone.

iYogi Company Information