3.9/5 (414 ratings)

About ipsy

ipsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ipsy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ipsy?

Original review: April 14, 2022

Although it looks like it is only $13 a month, they automatically sign you up for a “refreshments” membership which is an additional $13 a month. The refreshment membership consists of cheap dollar-store type lotion and cheap dollar-store type makeup wipes (dried out to boot). The products they sent over two months were very similar and while there were a couple name brand samples, overall the expense for what you get is not a good value. The glam bag itself was not glamorous at all but a vey cheap plastic bag you can buy at Dollar Tree. Membership cancellation took numerous emails back and forth. And then when I thought I had cancelled it—oh no, the refreshments membership was still in place and did not cancel! Spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Read the fine print and misleading add-on. I was charged double because of what they call refreshments. I still don't understand what that is, don't remember even checking the box! The lipstick and facial wipes were cheap/poor-quality waxy lipstick. I was unable to find where to let them know I didn't care for these items and got the same 2 items the next month as well! No customer phone number or chat to communicate. Did communicate thru email with no satisfaction for this customer. I was looking forward to a fun experience. I hope I find a good reputable company to order from.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I’ve been getting Ipsy’s Glam Bag Plus for over a year now and I’ve only had to contact customer care one time. To get into contact with someone I went on the glam bot and navigated to an option to have someone email me. Within 6 hours someone emailed me back, within 3 days the order that hadn’t come yet was being delivered that day! The woman that emailed me was very caring and helpful! For the glam bag plus I pay about $30 and the items I get every month have literally been worth so much more! I’ve gotten a hair mask product that costs $75 from the company’s website (I looked it up myself). I’ve gotten a face wash that cost $36 (I check a lot of the items just because I like to see how much I actually save). I get to chose three of my items every month which I absolutely love! Now, I’ve come to love to love Ipsy so much that I also signed up for the Glam Bag X, four times a year I receive 8 full size products, 5 of which I get to pick myself!

All the products are picked from a celebrity they’ve chosen. They raise the price those months to I think $58 and it takes the place of my glam bag plus for that month. Come on, 8 full-size Products for under $60, 5 of which I GET TO CHOSE! Come on that’s amazing! I have found though that if you select certain things while doing you're beauty quiz it helps you receive better, more expensive products! Like if you select that you love make up and you always make sure you're glamorous before leaving the house, you get better products, and when they ask you where you buy your products from when going shopping selecting name brand stores and prestige retailers instead of selecting Cvs and Target that will also get you higher end products! Ssshhh that’s my little secret hehe.

I love Ipsy. Actually I love Ipsy so much that I secretly made an account for my best friend. She now receives monthly Ipsy bags but can’t figure out whose they’re coming from or who’s paying for them lol. I’m sorry that so many other people have had such bad experiences with Ipsy. I've had good experiences, I believe the price is well worth it if you select the Glam bag Plus or the Glam Bag X, I don’t think the smaller Glam Bag is actually worth the price and time but that’s just my opinion.

Original review: March 12, 2022

My wife subscribed to Ipsy and was very excited to get her monthly packages. But every one of them was a disappointment. They cost thirteen dollars but never had more than five dollars worth of junk in them. A typical one was a small non-name-brand tube of hand cream plus a purse-size package of wet-wipes. Oh, yeah, and a tiny sheet of stickers. Once bitten, twice shy? No, not done yet... They send additional stuff if you're not proactive enough to stop them from doing so, and they take the money from your bank account. That stuff is WAY WAY overpriced. $35 for something that ought to be a free-sample pack.

Just try to cancel your subscription. You can't do it by phone, but you can do it online. They do warn you that you will get one more month of subscription, as they want to take advantage of you before you go. What happens after your membership is cancelled? They keep sending you monthly repeats of that same last delivery and keep billing your bank account. If you log in and try to remove all payment methods, it won't let you. And you can't add a phony one either. If it weren't a scam then they wouldn't have to be so devious. Fortunately my wife was smart enough to log onto Paypal and block Ipsy from taking out any more money. I hope that works.

Original review: March 8, 2022

A couple of years ago I bought a one year Ipsy subscription for my mom. A few weeks ago I went on the Ipsy website to try to find a particular eyeliner she had received.... I could not find it... No big deal. A few days ago my mom texted me "thanks for the Ipsy bag... I'm guessing it was you who sent it".... Since I knew it wasn't me, I contacted customer service. I explained to them that neither of us had subscribed. They assured me I had and I went online and looked at my bank statement and it deducted 154.00 from my account.

I immediately contacted them and told them that it was fraudulent and how could they have charged my credit card when my card numbers aren't even the same anymore. Their reply was "well, check with your bank because we are allowed to charge a card and if card numbers have been updated then your bank will automatically put it on the new card". They also told me that now there will be another Ipsy bag going out so that means 2 months charged will be billed to me....and sorry, but there is no way to refund. What is going on here?? I don't understand what kind of scam they are playing but even the way they respond is odd....like it is automated... It is creepy.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I have yet to receive my package for Feb and am about to be billed for March. When I told the CS rep my concerns I was brushed off with saying I should email again if I still haven't received my package after 15 days. It has already been MORE than 15 days.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I received my first bag, my card was charged. Then my card was charged for the next bag which would be my second bag. But it never arrived. When I tried to track my 'glam bag', I was never able to speak with a human. I was never able to get past the bot and only offered examples of what might be my concern. I have cancelled my subscription and received an email telling me I will not be billed for the incoming month which would be my third bag. I am still out the money I was charged for my second bag that I never received. I guess I will have to wait to see if the charge shows up on my card for the third bag. I could not recommend this company to anyone. The only recommendation I will make is that you should steer clear of this company and as always: BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I have had nothing but problems with my Ipsy subscription. I tried communicating with the company my latest concern where they had changed the size and price of a product I was already subscribed to get. And instead of just addressing my complaint they canceled my subscription.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I’ve had no problem receiving my monthly bag. Some of the products are truly amazing. I have, however, had issues with add-ons I’ve ordered. They often don’t come. You have to be VERY careful to keep a close eye on this and take screenshots when you order. I’ve received my boxes without certain add ons (upwards of $50-60/ea.) There was never an invoice or indication that add ons were not included in the package, nor was there notice that it was out of stock. Even though the add ons were still selling on the app and website, I was told after contacting the “Glam Bot” that it was unavailable and out of stock. Had I not taken the initiative I would’ve never received my money back or been notified. Furthermore, their site stated orders placed by December 17 would be received by December 25. I ordered December 3 and received a partial order on December 29. DHL is a shipping partner and it sat in their Stow, OH, location for 10 days.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

This company is forcing me every day to update my credit card for a subscription service that I cancelled a month ago! This is called coercion and it is wrong? I get emails from them daily asking me to put in my new credit card information!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Had not even signed up for this. It was fraud. It was not me and got money taken from my account. Over $100. Nothing I could do about it. Couldn't contact customer service cuz there is no customer service. Very very upset and very curious with this type of scam or how can people even run a company like that? From a very unsatisfied not customer.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I didn’t receive 2 back to back orders from ipsy and when I reached out both times, the add-ons I’d purchased were “sold out” and so they couldn’t resend them to me. After this happened the second time I voiced my frustration and they generously offered me a free $3 add on! Wow! What customer service! They didn’t bother to find out what happened to my original packages, offered no compensation and didn’t give a crap over losing my business. Needless to say. Cancelled. Don’t subscribe.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Updated on 11/07/2021: My GlamBag Plus was to ship out on Oct 5th, I had chosen my add-ons, 3 days later DHL was still waiting on the package, it took till the 28th of Oct to finally get someone to request a replacement GlamBag & Add-Ons. I received the package on Nov 6 & guess what-yep 3 items are missing, I’m so frustrated with this company, it’s pretty obvious that the warehouse order pickers are stealing the merchandise, Ipsy DOES NOT CARE about their customers, o I received a small bottle of nail polish, same color I already had (is my fav though) & a small container of lotion. So everything was alright regarding the little gifts & my Oct GlamBag Plus & Add-Ons are finally going to arrive, but nope I’m left without again….

I’m demanding that the products I bought be sent to me, I don’t care if Ipsy has to outright purchase these items from the companies that make them, I paid for them, it’s only right that I receive them, they did state I would receive a fully filled Oct GlamBag Plus & Add-Ons, the ones I chose & paid for, not what they wanted to randomly send me, something I don’t want or need. I guess I’ll see how this trainwreck is handled again… Ipsy clearly doesn’t care if customers are happy, as long as the Ipsy people get their paychecks, o the salaries us little customers pay….

Original Review: So I’ve been an Ipsy customer on/off since they began & it’s really gotten worse the last 3 years - every other month my glam bag plus & add-ons are delayed, they constantly blame DHL but the real issue is that the Ipsy warehouse doesn’t pkg & send the info to DHL e-commerce. This month my Oct glam bag plus has been sitting at the Ipsy warehouse for 22 days & hasn’t moved, trying to get help, find the order, get it to me ASAP is a nightmare - they only know how to blame the shipping companies & won’t take the blame ever. I get this generic reply every single time I ask why I’ve not received my order every day:

"I understand your frustration, and it is our intention to get your October Glam Bag Plus out to you as quickly as possible. When packages get handed over from our shipping partners to your local post office, it can take some time for them to get sorted for final delivery, and during that time you may not see tracking updates. Don't worry, your bag and Add-Ons should arrive no later than 10/29. I'll personally be tracking your order so I can ensure that it arrives successfully. We don’t want you to keep checking for tracking updates! Thanks for your patience! Mae"

You’ll never get a straight answer from them. I’m done giving them my hard earned money for nothing but aggravation & it’s very clear Ipsy doesn’t care that their customers are the ones paying their bills..

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Hello. So first I had signed up for Ipsy to get a Glam Bag. Within the next hour I tried to log on to my account and it said it didn't exist even though it had already taken money out of my account for a glam bag. It took me until the next day just to get a hold of customer service to find out that I did have an account but it was all messed up. So I had received my glam bag which was 2 weeks late so a month-and-a-half later lol. And then I received something else from ipsy. Shaving kit which I hadn't ordered but I got charged for that as well.

I cancel the my account or so I thought I did because before you know it I'm receiving more emails from ipsy about my next glam bag...So I went on to the site to check and make sure that it was canceled and it seemed like everything was fine and dandy. Next thing you know, I'm receiving a package from that's right! Ipsy! So I look on my bank account and sure enough they overdrafted after I thought that my account has been closed with them. I open up the glam bag which seems a little bit light and not only are the products extremely tiny and things that I would never use but I'm missing one!

Also, there's a little write-up in the Glam bag about each product and their value? But I went online and their value is about 50% to 75% less than what they claim. Not only that but I am missing a product! I'm extremely frustrated because I don't even know what to do. According to them my account was closed. Next thing you know they're taking out money, overdraft in my account and then sending me things that not only do I not need but they're shorting me. I would suggest to anyone who is interested in joining ipsy to think twice, thrice and sleep on it lol because you're not going to get what you pay for.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I have been an ipsy subscription carrier on and off for years and never had a problem until this month. I have the basic $13 subscription but this month I had two charges from Ipsy on for $59.62 and the other for $30.37. Trying to get my money back is ridiculous. There is no way to contact them by phone. Email takes forever and I am sure I will be charged for a stop payment at the bank. If you have a subscription please watch your account. They are doing some shady things these days.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I think the app is not very user friendly. There is no way to properly rate the app. They give you two options. Rate 5 stars of not right now. I’ve been using this app years now and not much has changed to make the app more user friendly. Which is disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Just conned me into taking survey. That's all like the rest of the places on Facebook or Google. Not happy. Should not need my bank card. I should get free after taking your survey. Hell yes thats what I'm saying.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I am shocked to see so many bad reviews! I saw a few that mentioned billing issues but I pay annually so I've never had any issue with that. I love almost everything I receive and it helps me explore new beauty products—not just makeup. Every beauty product you can think of. Skin care, nail polish, perfumes, etc. Of all the bags I've gotten over the years, I could count on one hand the number of products I've been dissatisfied with. Pretty good odds so it's totally worth it to me! And if I ever get a product I'm not happy with, I make sure my profile is up-to-date with my current beauty preferences. And be sure to review the products, both the ones you love and hate. Can't get made at ipsy though if you get a so-so item. That's the price you pay for exploring and trying new things.

Besides having fun with it, I've even found some of my current beauty staples through ipsy. And you can get a discount on any full size items when you order with the ipsy discount code. I tried ipsy when I was in college and had to cancel because money was tight and I had no issues canceling at that time. Now, I've come full circle and started my subscription again. I love it as much as I did back then. Highly recommend!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I decided to give a try on IPSY; they know how to bait you up then leave you on the ground to dry out. After being disappointed by the 'glam' bag I cancelled my membership or so I thought; I followed 'protocol' on cancellation only to receive more attempted billing from their 'service'; my bank cancelled my card and all thanks to IPSY I could not unlock my account and was told I would need to wait on another card. Their make up is not worth the fraction of cost even. I have read great reviews however after my experience I believe those reviews are fake.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I signed up with Ipsy in June 2021 for their monthly glam bag of samples for $13.95/month. I noticed they were billing me twice on the same day for 2 months straight, But I was only receiving 1 glam bag. I tried to reach out to them without success. Finally, I found an email and asked about it. They said I may have 2 accounts? After pondering this mystery, I finally thought to log out of the account and log in with one of my unused emails to see if there was an account. And to my surprise there was an account on this email that I didn’t authorize and they were billing me for. They now owe me 2 months of billing for $13.05 x’s 2 months for $26.10. This is simply unscrupulous business practice and downright illegal.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

In April I signed up for this ipsy. I didn't get my bag until like a month later. I started to get charged 2 times a month after that... I tried to upgrade for full sized product. I was not able to upgrade higher than the cheapest box available. This is not a box as advertised, it's a bag. So my birthday is in July and I got an email saying chose 10 items and that will be sent out free of charge. So I picked out 10 items assuming this was a birthday present. After selecting the items. I pressed ok to my choice. That was it. No invoice no confirmation response. But about 2-3 hours later I go to pay rent and 265$ is gone outta my account. Keep in mind I didn't get a confirmation for your purchase selection. I did not even see prices while I was selecting the 10 items. So instantly I email stating what's happened. This happened on a Sunday. They told me they can't refund. My order was apparently finished and sent out. They told me they can't do a refund.

For 5-6 weeks I fought for my money back. They agreed. But because of this scam they've pulled and even though I changed all my plastic card numbers rejecting any kind of subscriptions and avoiding being scammed again. Then my bank denied the refund.... So I contact ipsy. Explain what happened. They then give me zero information but send me back to my bank to jump through hoops for them. It's now September with no response back from ipsy. Since this I had to print off forms for this refund. 3 times. Submitted the info. Asked both companies if they have reviewed this paperwork. With zero response from ipsy and my bank tells me up to 90 days to get a response about this refund. And ipsy has ignored my emails.

The items I chose I did not get and I got part of my bag around the start of the month then the last part of the bag came at the end of the month... This sent me into the post office thinking there were packages that were lost. My cousin Lynn same last name was receiving her bags in my name to her address. Which is in the same town. Truly this company must be confused on absolutely every section, every order, every day this company gets confused!

I wanted going to report this company to the Better Business Bureau for online websites today because this is unacceptable, especially considering they sent no invoice for my "purchases" (still haven't gotten an invoice and I requested a receipt for these charges.) They tricked me by the words they chose on that email that day. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been had by then. I imagine people have chose 1 or 2 things when they get the email indentation for choosing more Sent of free of charge! But they probably didn't notice this money removed from their accounts.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I moved six months ago, put in an address change with Ipsy… But UPS deliveries continued going to my old address (products I’m being charged for, but I never receive.) I called my Credit Card Company and asked them for a new account number, thinking that would stop Ipsy's bogus monthly charge. It didn't stop them. Ipsy got my new account number. Somehow??? I had to finally just cancel my credit card, which is quite frustrating. Have been trying to cancel for 6 months now. Keep getting a message saying that I will receive a cancellation email... I never get one. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE… There is none.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I've been using ipsy for about a year now and I love it! I love their shaving club too! The only downside I've experienced so far is painfully slow shipping, I wish they would use FedEx. It's so much faster. I love getting an assortment of products every month. It's a fun little pick me up to look forward to. You can spend as much as you want or as little as $13 and it's easy to pause your services and pick back up whenever you want. I'm really surprised by all the low ratings, that hasn't been my experience at all!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I went to them with an allergic reaction. On it. Even a set of brushes. But, when they mess up my order and charge me for all three sizes…bloody Crickets I’ve been waiting on a response for a week and a half. Just a response. Email, Twitter nothing. So if you have an issue not dealing with them and payment issues. Should be fine. But, if you have an issue with billing, payment, money. Good luck. Oh, and they will claim COVID blah blah blah. The allergic reaction it took them two days to fix was right at the beginning of COVID panic. So that is also **.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I'm missing the 2 products I was excited about. This was my first glam bag x & 2/8 products were missing. When they “fixed” it they sent something else in its place that I would never choose or expect to come in a glam bag x shipment. Super disappointed that I paid extra for nothing special. The other products were ok but nothing special. I’m looking for a replacement that has an actual customer service to speak with.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

For two years I have tried to cancel Ipsy. I am unable to get a live person nor have they sent the cancellation email. So again this year I was charged 160.00. The products are not worth paying that much a year.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I'm sure that the employees themselves working at Ipsy are nice and try their best, but honestly, Ipsy's customer service is among the worst that I've ever experienced. In receiving my Glam Bag for the month of July (which shipped supposedly in the beginning of the month, but I didn't receive it until almost the last day of the month, longer than normal despite their bags always taking forever to actually arrive), I immediately noticed that my selections/add-ons were missing. The company had only included two items in the bag out of the eight that I had selected/purchased. This is already irritating, because if I neglected to say anything, they would have kept the extra money that I paid on top of my subscription fee for the extra items.

Upon writing their customer service, it took several days to receive any kind of response, which is absurd in today's day and age. The first CS agent stated that I would receive my missing items, except the one that I was looking forward to the most, as it had run out, and Ipsy would refund the $12 extra that I had paid (note that the Glam Bag Plus subscription alone is $25, thus making this purchase a hefty chunk of my purchase). This was also frustrating, as I had cycled my other products and purchases outside of Ipsy accordingly, trusting that I would receive the product that I paid for, only to discover very late in the month that I wouldn't be able to receive the product at all and thus I would be missing a critical item in my regimen that was already due to be very late.

Upon expressing my frustration with the CS agent about this lack of communication, the fact that I was allowed to purchase the missing item, the other items missing, I waited several more days to receive a reply that they would in their high generosity give me a $3 credit for a future item. This was a little insulting for several reasons. One, they never responded to my frustrations about anything regarding shipping and communication as to why these errors were allowed to be made on my account. Two, $3 is nowhere near the $12 amount, and couldn't so much as buy me a sample at Target. Three, as I canceled my subscription as the last straw, the $3 credit was now rendered useless anyways, as I would need a subscription to use it. Therefore, all of their "help" was pointless and my issues were left unaddressed. They have since neglected to return any emails.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I went to pick put my choice for this month and it glitched out. It decided to give me a fake freckles item and swapped everything to stuff I didn't want. I bursted out crying when I saw the glitch and apparently this happens to more people than you'd think. They won't help you, nor me. I etched that into my head. Definitely switching to Boxycharm when my mom gets more money.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Ipsy repeatedly bills three times per month. It's a different amount all three times. Then ipsy says to go to hell and they will refund you, but on their terms. They have unlimited access to your account and will use it to take whatever they want out of your account. IDC what anyone here says, it is NOT simple to get customer nonservice to speak with you. Ipsy has guts to take my money and think it's ok. It's not. Hello BBB!

Original review: July 31, 2021

I tried notifying them about having the wrong delivery address on file. The only way you can communicate with them is through Facebook or email. In the middle of our conversation while I’m asking them to correct the address before they ship out the package they just stop communicating with me. I sent about three or four other messages without getting any responses as I’m tracking my package now it says it’s been delivered but it was the wrong address and this is what I have been trying to notify them of the entire time. So now they’re telling me that they’ll send out another package within the next 15 days. That’s another thing. The delivery is horrible. It’s DHL. It’s horrible. The customer service is horrible. This is my first month and I have already canceled my subscription. I chose Birchbox. Very good reviews and recommendations.

ipsy Company Information