3.8/5 (326 ratings)

About ipsy

ipsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ipsy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ipsy?

Original review: March 18, 2022

I’ve been getting Ipsy’s Glam Bag Plus for over a year now and I’ve only had to contact customer care one time. To get into contact with someone I went on the glam bot and navigated to an option to have someone email me. Within 6 hours someone emailed me back, within 3 days the order that hadn’t come yet was being delivered that day! The woman that emailed me was very caring and helpful! For the glam bag plus I pay about $30 and the items I get every month have literally been worth so much more! I’ve gotten a hair mask product that costs $75 from the company’s website (I looked it up myself). I’ve gotten a face wash that cost $36 (I check a lot of the items just because I like to see how much I actually save). I get to chose three of my items every month which I absolutely love! Now, I’ve come to love to love Ipsy so much that I also signed up for the Glam Bag X, four times a year I receive 8 full size products, 5 of which I get to pick myself!

All the products are picked from a celebrity they’ve chosen. They raise the price those months to I think $58 and it takes the place of my glam bag plus for that month. Come on, 8 full-size Products for under $60, 5 of which I GET TO CHOSE! Come on that’s amazing! I have found though that if you select certain things while doing you're beauty quiz it helps you receive better, more expensive products! Like if you select that you love make up and you always make sure you're glamorous before leaving the house, you get better products, and when they ask you where you buy your products from when going shopping selecting name brand stores and prestige retailers instead of selecting Cvs and Target that will also get you higher end products! Ssshhh that’s my little secret hehe.

I love Ipsy. Actually I love Ipsy so much that I secretly made an account for my best friend. She now receives monthly Ipsy bags but can’t figure out whose they’re coming from or who’s paying for them lol. I’m sorry that so many other people have had such bad experiences with Ipsy. I've had good experiences, I believe the price is well worth it if you select the Glam bag Plus or the Glam Bag X, I don’t think the smaller Glam Bag is actually worth the price and time but that’s just my opinion.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I am shocked to see so many bad reviews! I saw a few that mentioned billing issues but I pay annually so I've never had any issue with that. I love almost everything I receive and it helps me explore new beauty products—not just makeup. Every beauty product you can think of. Skin care, nail polish, perfumes, etc. Of all the bags I've gotten over the years, I could count on one hand the number of products I've been dissatisfied with. Pretty good odds so it's totally worth it to me! And if I ever get a product I'm not happy with, I make sure my profile is up-to-date with my current beauty preferences. And be sure to review the products, both the ones you love and hate. Can't get made at ipsy though if you get a so-so item. That's the price you pay for exploring and trying new things.

Besides having fun with it, I've even found some of my current beauty staples through ipsy. And you can get a discount on any full size items when you order with the ipsy discount code. I tried ipsy when I was in college and had to cancel because money was tight and I had no issues canceling at that time. Now, I've come full circle and started my subscription again. I love it as much as I did back then. Highly recommend!

Get buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I've been using ipsy for about a year now and I love it! I love their shaving club too! The only downside I've experienced so far is painfully slow shipping, I wish they would use FedEx. It's so much faster. I love getting an assortment of products every month. It's a fun little pick me up to look forward to. You can spend as much as you want or as little as $13 and it's easy to pause your services and pick back up whenever you want. I'm really surprised by all the low ratings, that hasn't been my experience at all!

Original review: June 27, 2021

I’ve been with Ipsy on/off for yrs, finally they stopped sending me products that I never ever use, updating preferences doesn’t help. Most products are great but the shipping is horrible-they use DHL...

Original review: May 13, 2022

Ipsy has a great concept with mostly decent products. (Occasionally you do get junky products so be aware.) However…who in God’s name is running the show? Missing items from your Glam Bag X..2 times…and it’s always the most expensive one!!! Of course..when you write their glambot..someone tells me they are out of the product and will reimburse me $8 and some change..SERIOUSLY???? Go buy it yourself and send the product. Advertising a product that’s very expensive and stating I will receive it..and then I never do is not good business. It’s not good business to offer someone back their $8 and change when it was the Best product in the bag. What crappy customer service you receive at times. Tell them when it happens to you this is unacceptable and demand a product of equal value!

Original review: April 14, 2022

Although it looks like it is only $13 a month, they automatically sign you up for a “refreshments” membership which is an additional $13 a month. The refreshment membership consists of cheap dollar-store type lotion and cheap dollar-store type makeup wipes (dried out to boot). The products they sent over two months were very similar and while there were a couple name brand samples, overall the expense for what you get is not a good value. The glam bag itself was not glamorous at all but a vey cheap plastic bag you can buy at Dollar Tree. Membership cancellation took numerous emails back and forth. And then when I thought I had cancelled it—oh no, the refreshments membership was still in place and did not cancel! Spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Read the fine print and misleading add-on. I was charged double because of what they call refreshments. I still don't understand what that is, don't remember even checking the box! The lipstick and facial wipes were cheap/poor-quality waxy lipstick. I was unable to find where to let them know I didn't care for these items and got the same 2 items the next month as well! No customer phone number or chat to communicate. Did communicate thru email with no satisfaction for this customer. I was looking forward to a fun experience. I hope I find a good reputable company to order from.

Original review: March 12, 2022

My wife subscribed to Ipsy and was very excited to get her monthly packages. But every one of them was a disappointment. They cost thirteen dollars but never had more than five dollars worth of junk in them. A typical one was a small non-name-brand tube of hand cream plus a purse-size package of wet-wipes. Oh, yeah, and a tiny sheet of stickers. Once bitten, twice shy? No, not done yet... They send additional stuff if you're not proactive enough to stop them from doing so, and they take the money from your bank account. That stuff is WAY WAY overpriced. $35 for something that ought to be a free-sample pack.

Just try to cancel your subscription. You can't do it by phone, but you can do it online. They do warn you that you will get one more month of subscription, as they want to take advantage of you before you go. What happens after your membership is cancelled? They keep sending you monthly repeats of that same last delivery and keep billing your bank account. If you log in and try to remove all payment methods, it won't let you. And you can't add a phony one either. If it weren't a scam then they wouldn't have to be so devious. Fortunately my wife was smart enough to log onto Paypal and block Ipsy from taking out any more money. I hope that works.

Original review: March 8, 2022

A couple of years ago I bought a one year Ipsy subscription for my mom. A few weeks ago I went on the Ipsy website to try to find a particular eyeliner she had received.... I could not find it... No big deal. A few days ago my mom texted me "thanks for the Ipsy bag... I'm guessing it was you who sent it".... Since I knew it wasn't me, I contacted customer service. I explained to them that neither of us had subscribed. They assured me I had and I went online and looked at my bank statement and it deducted 154.00 from my account.

I immediately contacted them and told them that it was fraudulent and how could they have charged my credit card when my card numbers aren't even the same anymore. Their reply was "well, check with your bank because we are allowed to charge a card and if card numbers have been updated then your bank will automatically put it on the new card". They also told me that now there will be another Ipsy bag going out so that means 2 months charged will be billed to me....and sorry, but there is no way to refund. What is going on here?? I don't understand what kind of scam they are playing but even the way they respond is odd....like it is automated... It is creepy.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I have yet to receive my package for Feb and am about to be billed for March. When I told the CS rep my concerns I was brushed off with saying I should email again if I still haven't received my package after 15 days. It has already been MORE than 15 days.

ipsy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ipsy was founded by Michelle Phan, whose YouTube makeup tutorials went viral several years ago. Each month, subscribers receive a Glam Bag with five sample-size or full-size products.

• Full-size products: Some items in Ipsy’s Glam Bags are full size as opposed to sample size. Customers should be aware that Ipsy does not guarantee any products in the monthly Glam Bag will be full size.

• Ipsy Offers: Every weekday Ispy begins two flash sales of popular beauty products while supplies last. After products are sold out, consumers can see discount and promo codes to use on the specific brand’s website. Consumers do not need to be a Glam Bag subscriber to order an Ipsy Offer product.

• Giveaways: Ispy’s website features a sizable selection of giveaways and contests. To enter, consumers must typically post a picture on a specific social platform and use a particular hashtag.

• Tutorials: The Ipsy website includes videos and other tutorials on using the products included in the monthly Glam Bag. These tutorials are available for both subscribers and non-subscribers.

• Points: Glam Bag subscribers receive points for staying active on Ipsy’s website and social media pages. Points can be redeemed for free products.

ipsy Company Information