ipsy

• 9%
  • 12%
  • 62%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ipsy?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ipsy?
    Verified purchase
    Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 25, 2024

I recently reactivated my subscription to give them another chance. I noticed a few of my boxy items were small when they were supposed to be full-sized. When I checked the photos I realized some were the same size I would get in the glam bag. I emailed back and forth, sent pictures as requested and eventually, they decided to give me 100 points which still requires another purchase. It is a SCAM? They know the sizes of their products and the size of what they sent me so having me to go back and forth was a farce. Service and the lie are why I'm canceling. The products were great but not worth getting them through ipsy.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 21, 2024

The ipsy bag is a joke! Items are tiny sizes you get from free as samples not something one should have to pay for! The value is just not there. The products I received didn't match me or my profile. All items were very similar and would only provide a couple of uses per product/sample. I also had issues later on with customer service lying to me about items from their "shop" being shipped. It was such a horrible experience. I cannot recommend and have canceled my subscription.

Get buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed May 13, 2024

We got a subscription for our daughter for her birthday; after two months, we were charged for a yearly instead of monthly. Their customer service is comically bad. The set up is completely predatory. They keep their shady practices just legal enough. Best bet is to stay away.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

Overall I absolutely love the idea behind the business. Problem is that while it’s amazing IDEA it is poorly executed. It’s all pretty seamless from signing up, curating choices, and choosing products. However, I’ve had this subscription for 3 months and while I’m spending extra money on additional products, they fail to put them in my box. The past 2 months I’ve been missing several items. I plan to try once more and if the problem presents next month, I will be dropping this service.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 27, 2024

Started sending me items I didn't choose, and I couldn't get through to a human to resolve the issue. I could only chat with an AI Bot that didn't give options to address wrong items. Company has no customer service.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 24, 2024

Terrible customer service, I mean No customer service at all, if you ever will have any issues, nobody gonna help you. They lost my package, and 3 weeks later I asked to cancel it and refund, on what they answered: “don’t worry, your package will come, eventually.” I emailed them 6 times…nothing (same answer every time)…you can’t call them….come on, I have other things to do….switched to Allurebeautybox, didn’t have problems with them so far.

Online & App

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I canceled my membership with Ipsy (formerly BoxyCharm) four years ago. I recently got a notification that my password on their website was compromised, so I logged in to update the password and remove any of my old billing information just in case. However, right after logging in, I got a notice thanking me for my order. I didn't order anything! Apparently, if you log into your account it reactivates your membership automatically and immediately charges your card. There are no ways on the website to cancel your order on your own. There are no ways to delete your account. There are no ways to change your billing. I tried. The only option is to speak to a bot.

First I tried to cancel my membership. It didn't work. It continued to say that I had an active membership for Boxy. Fine. So, I tried canceling the order (this is within 15 minutes of it automatically ordering it for me without my permission), but the bot said they couldn't cancel my order. OK, so I disputed the charge with my bank, and told them it was fraudulent (because it was), then froze my card. This is poor business practices.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 9, 2024

I switched from Ipsy to Boxycharm And canceled my ipsy subscription several years ago because Boxycharm provided more quality products than the tiny samples I received in my ipsy subscription. I canceled my boxy charm subscription last year to take a break because I had so many products to use. A couple months ago I decided to reactivate my Boxycharm subscription. Unfortunately, Ipsy now owns Boxycharm and it’s just not the same experience. I still plan to keep my subscription because the products are decent.

In the past Boxycharm allowed you to shop discounted products that would ship with your monthly subscription box as add-ons. Well, since ipsy has bought them out now, shop orders ship separately. I recently placed an order through the shop immediately after placing the order realized the shipping address was for an address. I lived at 4 years ago. When I reactivated my boxycharm subscription, I updated the shipping address to my current address & I’ve received my subscription box just fine. I’m not sure why they would have my orders default to a Different address from the one my subscription box goes to. My assumption is that when they merged my old inactive Ipsy subscription information with my Boxycharm account, they automatically set the old address as my default.

I noticed the discrepancy just moments after I placed the order and jumped through hoops to contact a customer service representative, which they only allow you to do through email. I was informed that there was no possible way to correct the address or cancel the order. They said the order would be shipped out to the wrong address and I would have to wait to see if the order would be returned to their facility before they could give a refund.

For clarity, The items in their shop are limited supply, so they are typically only available for short periods of time before they sell out. So because of Ipsy’s flawed logistics my options are to:

A. Purchase the items again if I want to ensure that I get the products before they sell out, at the risk of:

• Not getting refunded for the 1st Order if USPS delivers it to the wrong address and doesn’t return it to their facility.

• Not getting refunded for the first order if it is rerouted to my current address and then I would have paid for two orders with the same products because Ipsy does not accept returns.

B. Wait to see if the first order is returned to the facility (which could take weeks) and risk:

• Never getting a refund for the order and missing out on the products I purchased because they are no longer available.

• Getting refunded for the first order but not being able to repurchase the products because they are sold out.

The best case scenario would be if I repurchase the products and eventually get a refund for the first order. However the refund is not. Considering this is a company that is completely centered around shipping products, you would think that they would have a more common sense logistics structure. Ipsy has been around for a long time but their operations feel very amateur.

Price

Reviewed April 1, 2024

My wife had enjoyed ipsy for several years but she canceled her subscription, a few months later she ask me to restart her monthly subscription, so I did and used PayPal to auto pay each month. 10 minutes later I get a email, ipsy charged my PayPal $184.52, I email ipsy and they said they would refund the amount and cancel her subscription immediately, 3 hrs later I get a refund. 3 weeks later ipsy charges my PayPal again for $184.53. Without any authorization. And since they did it the first time I only put so much money in the bank account now which PayPal draws from. And this time they caused a $35.00 overdraft fee.

Just for the principle of the matter I'm filling out a claim in small claims court for the $35.00 which they said they won't refund. It's going to cost them documentation fees, court costs, and damages, plus they have to be present in court or it's a automatic judgement in my favor. I tried to reason with ipsy, I have all the emails and documents. I just can't stand shady businesses.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2024

I once enjoyed Ipsy.. but I have quit 3 times and I promise this last one is my last time... products damaged or missing... and the shipping turn around is horrible. Pitney Bowes shipping takes almost a month to get my order to me. You can buy cheap high end products but you better expect to wait for them to arrive. Literally tried to buy from the shop put my order in on January 4th and Pitney Bowes says it may be here the 5th of February but also maybe not.. Since they moved to Pitney Bowes I have quit the subscription twice. I won't do it again.

ipsy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ipsy was founded by Michelle Phan, whose YouTube makeup tutorials went viral several years ago. Each month, subscribers receive a Glam Bag with five sample-size or full-size products.

• Full-size products: Some items in Ipsy’s Glam Bags are full size as opposed to sample size. Customers should be aware that Ipsy does not guarantee any products in the monthly Glam Bag will be full size.

• Ipsy Offers: Every weekday Ispy begins two flash sales of popular beauty products while supplies last. After products are sold out, consumers can see discount and promo codes to use on the specific brand’s website. Consumers do not need to be a Glam Bag subscriber to order an Ipsy Offer product.

• Giveaways: Ispy’s website features a sizable selection of giveaways and contests. To enter, consumers must typically post a picture on a specific social platform and use a particular hashtag.

• Tutorials: The Ipsy website includes videos and other tutorials on using the products included in the monthly Glam Bag. These tutorials are available for both subscribers and non-subscribers.

• Points: Glam Bag subscribers receive points for staying active on Ipsy’s website and social media pages. Points can be redeemed for free products.

ipsy Company Information