ipsy

Compare Beauty Box Companies

Research top Beauty Box Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

There has never been a time that I didn't love something in my Monthly Make Up Bag from Ipsy! The way that they determine what kind of products you receive is such a wonderful concept. Ipsy asks you questions to figure out what will suit your interests better. From choosing what type of style you typically wear, to what skin tone you have. Ipsy adjusts your Make Up Bag based on your preferences and style. This is an awesome way to try brands you've always wanted to try as well as brands you've never heard of before! The bags are useful within themselves.

The designs Ipsy comes up with are just beautiful! I now have more travel makeup bags than I can count and that is not a bad thing! The pricing for this amazing makeup jackpot is ten dollars a month! That is more than doable! Especially when you get four sample size products and one full size! They also have a points system so when you continue to use them every month, you can purchase full size products with your points! Overall, this is a wonderful deal for anyone who wants to continue to try new brands of makeup and expand their collection!

The products are a great trial size and I like that it is a mix of high-end and drugstore. The samples can be a hit and miss for me but often it is a hit. I can't find some of these samples everywhere which is a great thing. I do appreciate that they have the best products to try out and most of the samples that I receive are useful. However, the sampling personalization could be better. For $10 a month I appreciate that the subscription comes with makeup bags every month. I like that the shipping is decorated as well and that they take the time to make the packaging efficient and look great.

Great sample box. I love ipsy bags, I've have it for more than 2 years. Very versatile and every bag comes with a little reusable makeup bag, and for $10 pretty good deal. Plus you get 5 items which can include makeup or face treatments. Free shipping and delivery is not the quickest but is not terrible. You get it within the same week they ship it so that's a plus. It comes in a nice pink envelope so it's a nice gift for you. Some samples are full size some are small but you can't complain. You get awesome makeup samples before buying a full size and not liking it. Every month you get a new bag and makeup. Some are enough to even use more than 10 times.

They have a good brand and a lot of good products that they put into their bags every month. The items have always been in my mailbox when they said it was going to get there. It's a good quality and I enjoy getting them every month to try out the samples that they give. I would love it if I had the option to personalize it with my name or with my daughter's name so that I could give it to her for christmas or for her birthday. Or so I can hold onto it and give it to her when she gets older.

I've gotten a very good deal of stuff in each box and the makeup bags alone are a good value. Nail polish, mascara, lip liner and lip gloss. The makeup itself has been great, has good color choices and quality and I've had no adverse reactions to any of the products. Also, I love how they pick the colors for me by matching my profile and skin and hair color. I was also able to pick my favorite types of products and the ones I use regularly. The bags they come in are super cute and each month is a new bag. However, the first box I order was returned by post office saying no such address, but Ipsy was very understanding and immediately reshipped the package at no cost to me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ipsy?

The box has great items that come with it and can be used anytime. It has different samples of beauty items that I wanted to try and in all sizes. Also, it was shipped on time and I received them on time as well with all contents in great condition. It's a great value for the money and I recommend to anyone who wants to try the box samples.

The samples are awesome. The colors are beautiful and I would love for everybody to try it out. It is worth the money. It comes with everything that you need and can use. The shipping is also good. It doesn't take long for the product to come here. I will get them again. My daughter loves them and also uses them.

10.00 and their five items and a beauty bag is a great deal. Plus always nice to get mail. The bags are a great material. Can't wait to get my next one. I'm never really too positive when Mynah will come and at times you hear others get theirs a week before mine. But the free shipping is nice so can't really complain. Some items, I am not always sure what they are used for. Maybe send tips or instructions on the samples so I can learn how to use them. I'm pretty new to this whole make up thing. You do take a quiz to help them with what you receive. But I am not sure if they always follow it. And instead if they have a lot of one sample you get it type of thing.

The box arrived within the estimated time given. It shipped that week and was there the following Tuesday. The package was adequate size and all items were properly secured. It had a few new shades of makeup I didn't have yet and was name brand make-up. Five different items, one mascara, 2 eyeliners, and eyeshadow in 2 shades. Overall, happy with the purchase but I think we should have a better selection of choices, not just a few random options. You should be able to select each individual item in your box. Would recommend Ipsy.

They had a wide variety of things to choose from and provided very good detail of each item before choosing to put it in your box. Picking each item was easy. Customer service knew what they were doing. They were very professional and solved any issues right away. Shipping was very fast. They provided tracking that was accurate and updated on a daily basis. Never once did I have an issue with shipping. The boxes were affordable and contained high quality products. You received a variety of different samples so you were able to test many different products and they were good size.

The shipping and delivery was good but I was expecting full sized products and not samples. I only ordered one box but I am thinking of ordering off the site instead of the samples I got. The box it came in was sturdy looking. I liked some of the samples but not all of them, and I wish it was more straightforward about the fact that it was samples and not full products. Also, it was not all that personal. Maybe they could let the customers pick the samples or offer full sized products instead of tiny samples. Other than that it was cute and perfect for me so I can figure out what I would like to buy in a regular size.

The samples I received were very nice quality, most from brands I've never been able to afford. They were high end items with pleasant smells and worked well. Overall happy with the value, but I feel like it could be better. Got all sample products when they tell you you'll get full sized. They give you options to select what you would and wouldn't like, but you still get the same thing as everyone else. Seems pretty pointless to choose what you want if they just send you what they want anyways. It's not always worth the money. Box arrived fairly quickly & safely. Nothing was damaged. Bubble material was more than enough to protect the contents and the packaging was pretty cute as well.

It's only ten dollars a month and you get 5 products. I love getting the makeup brushes and the lipsticks are awesome. The sample quality is great! Sometimes the samples are full size and even when they're not it's a very generous size. They definitely last more than one use. You get to pick what type of stuff you want to get so you don't pay for a bunch of stuff that you'll never use. The stuff you get is great quality and really cool. The shipping is very fast. They send you an email with a tracking number every month so you can keep up with where it is and when you will get it. Makes you feel very secure knowing what's going on.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ipsy was founded by Michelle Phan, whose YouTube makeup tutorials went viral several years ago. Each month, subscribers receive a Glam Bag with five sample-size or full-size products.

• Full-size products: Some items in Ipsy’s Glam Bags are full size as opposed to sample size. Customers should be aware that Ipsy does not guarantee any products in the monthly Glam Bag will be full size.
  • Ipsy Offers: Every weekday Ispy begins two flash sales of popular beauty products while supplies last. After products are sold out, consumers can see discount and promo codes to use on the specific brand’s website. Consumers do not need to be a Glam Bag subscriber to order an Ipsy Offer product.
  • Giveaways: Ispy’s website features a sizable selection of giveaways and contests. To enter, consumers must typically post a picture on a specific social platform and use a particular hashtag.
  • Tutorials: The Ipsy website includes videos and other tutorials on using the products included in the monthly Glam Bag. These tutorials are available for both subscribers and non-subscribers.
  • Points: Glam Bag subscribers receive points for staying active on Ipsy’s website and social media pages. Points can be redeemed for free products.
  • Best for Ipsy has subscription bags for women and is best for makeup lovers, selective consumers and budget-conscious consumers.

Compare Beauty Box