Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had two bad experiences with InkSell and their ink cartridges. No more! I purchased 12 cartridges; 9 of the 12 did not work. Stopping your work and having to drive or reorder new cartridges is very frustrating and costs more money especially if you are running a business.

In April of 2012, I purchased 2 cartridges for an HP J5780 printer. In the case of each one of them, within a week, I received an error message "Cartridge must be replaced." The cartridges leaked most of the ink into the interior of my printer case and it was a nightmare to clean up. The warranty simply offers replacement of the cartridge. Since I feel certain any replacement cartridge will also be defective, I am foregoing any future business with this company.

Refusal to replace a defective ink cartridge - I visited the InkSell Store at Huebner Oaks in San Antonio, TX on June 25th, 2012. To understand the circumstances, I had purchased some ink cartridges a few months before. About a month after purchase, when it came time to use the Canon black ink cartridge in question, my Canon printer would not recognize the cartridge as a usable cartridge. After calling the store back and using all of the reset suggestions that the employee there had told me to try, I returned the cartridge a few weeks later and the employee took the cartridge and disappeared somewhere to the back of the store, returning a little while later to tell me that it worked fine on their machine, so therefore it must work on mine. He gave me another suggestion on how to get it to work, so reluctantly, I took it back home and tried again but with no success.

On this last and final visit just yesterday, I came by to just get a replacement for the fact that it just wouldn't work on my particular Canon after all these numerous tries. However, the two employees took my cartridge and went to the back of their store again and just as before, returned some time later to tell me "Well, it worked on their machine," although it was not the same type Canon printer as mine. In addition to telling me this, they had the nerve to say that the cartridge was now out of warranty and therefore could not be replaced anyway! They also suggested I could bring my printer to their store to see if they could make it work! As they were not willing to replace their defective cartridge, I calmly said, "I'm done with you guys" and exited the store.

So to be clear, intentionally or not, they repeatedly put off dealing with the fact that their cartridge was defective for me as a customer, asking me to believe it was clearly through some fault of my own that the cartridge would not work on my printer because they could make it work on their different model Canon. By repeatedly putting me off in my return visits, they dragged out the unreconciled problem until they had the excuse that it was out of warranty! I find it hard to believe that the ownership of that franchise would lose a longtime customer of InkSell by not putting its customers first, especially after I had exercised a significant amount of patience in dealing with their aftermarket cartridge incompatibility problem, which is now becoming increasingly routine since new cartridge manufacturers are purposely trying to do all they can to keep ink resellers from taking away business from their OEM resellers.

I bought a Canon PG-50 High Capacity black ink cartridge around Apr. 2011. It lasted less than 90 days, with a printing habit of about 3-4 pages per week of text only printing. At the store in San Antonio, they said it was about 60% full. No receipt, no deal. Okay. So in July, I foolishly got another cartridge. Less than 90 days again, the printer showed no ink. At the store once more and again, showed at about 50% full. This time, with receipt in hand, all they could do was give me a 15% discount on purchase of another cartridge. I did have my printer (Canon MX300) checked by an authorized dealer and it was fine.

InkSell is incompetent, rude and liars to their Shipping policies. Their Manager and Supervisor cost me now $68.00, which is 3x of the needed and ordered ink for my Epson that I ordered since June... yes June!. I've sent 6 emails and called but they are not being accountable for their error or haven't offered any refunds. This has caused me a lot of money and anxiety, for me to just get my ink cartridge delivered to my valid address.

I am now frustrated and will report you to the BBB to start a class act lawsuit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I bought 3 ink cartridges for my HP 6310 printer. It arrived promptly, however, cartridges triggered "cartridge error" messages in printer after short period of use. Messages will not go away even after resetting the printer, using HP original new carts, etc. I called Inksell, spoke to customer service lady and said "Jacob" would call the next day. He never did. Three days later, I called back and could only get an answering machine even though it was 11AM their local time on weekday. I left a message. Still, no call and it's been a week. Their product has irretrievably damaged my printer and they won't even return calls.

I placed an order with InkSell and I should have gotten it in five days.

My experience with this company is the worst that I have ever had when it comes to placing online orders. After two weeks, I have not received it. They would not answer the phone nor return my call from the messages I left. I also sent at least three e-mails asking for my money back; but no response.

I would not have placed an order with them if I had done my research on this company earlier.

I ordered the combo pack ink for printer with 2 day shipping on Thursday; it is now Tuesday. There is still no ink. I tried calling on Monday, both numbers. Evidently, I called too early. I tried again twice, still no answer. Then a real person (did not get name) answered; I explained my problem. She put me on hold, came back and said the items ordered were on back shipment and I should have received an email.

There was no email. She said I could cancel or wait for the products. I told her I would cancel the order, she said okay. I asked how would I do that and she said she would take care of it. I asked when could I expect my refund back in my account. She told me they deduct the funds the first day, but my refund would not be returned for the next 3 to 5 days. So now I wait. Hopefully they will send the refund without any problems. If not, I'll bug them until they do. Needless to say, I will not be patronizing them or referring them to anyone. Now I have to go somewhere and spend extra money that is not in my budget. This sucks.

I have dealt with this company for a long time and recommended them to friends throughout the country. I purchased 3 cartridges from them and only one worked properly. One did not work at all. I called and they were going to send me replacement material. To date I have received nothing and I have called a dozen or more times and also emailed. They hide behind an answering machine. I even called one of their retail outlets and asked if the company was having problems and was assured they weren't and was told they would report it. I still have heard nothing.

I ordered cartridges from Inksell and the wrong ones were sent. I followed the instructions for customer service and there was no reply. I have called numerous times and their "customer service" is an answering machine. Of course there is no return call.

Ordered an HP ink cartridge, it was bad. I sent it back, they never sent me a replacement. So I am out of the money I paid for the ink. This place is crooked, do not buy from these people, they will rip you off. Crooked, crooked, crooked! Out $25 and the time I wasted calling a number that does not respond.

Ordered two packets of OEM black ink from paying for 2nd day air shipping. Five days later an Email arrived stating ink had been shipped and requested a response that ink had been received by me.

One day later, after still not receiving the ink, I contacted Inksell only to receive an apology that supplies had run out and as soon as they were replenished they would ship. Order cancelled; no more dealings with Inksell.

I Purchased a remanufactured ink cartridge & after printing four (4) pages, it mal-functioned.

On more than one occasion, I ordered a pack of 4 inkjet cartridges for my HP printer from these folks. Several times when the 4 pack came in, two of the ink cartridges were merely empties. I emailed them about this but got no response. I will not order from them again as this is apparently a reoccurring problem.

Toner cartridge prices were dirt cheap. That's the good news, or so I thought. My cartridge arrived with extensive ink leaks out of both sides. It took repeated email requests to obtain a return merchandise authorization. I finally called and was told that the RMA had been emailed "just this morning", but there was no RMA in my mailbox. The RMA was then emailed by the contact person, Margie, who by the way was cordial and obviously trying to be helpful, and arrived in my mailbox almost immediately. Next, I was told in an email that I'd be getting a replacement when I had requested a refund. Margie responded to my protest with apologies and said that had been an error. Then there was the wait after the damaged cartridge was sent back for either the credit or at least notification that a credit had been issued.

Again, this time during an online chat, I was told the package had been received "just today" and a credit had been issued. Well, the credit did appear on my account a couple of days later, but it would appear that this is one of those outfits that ships damaged goods at low prices and then depends on customers to give up trying to get refunds after a few tries. I checked with the San Antonio Better Business Bureau and learned that a total of 17 complaints had been processed within a 36-month period. Enough said! Company Profile