Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I personally have only seen their bs from a third party point of view until they handled a situation with my wife's account poorly. She had a friend, who got her account disabled because they claimed she made a purchase then tried to refund the money and keep the credits. She asked for proof, showed them that the money was still taken from her acct and no refund was ever issued, so she asked for proof that she tried to refund it and they refused, said the decision was final but she was welcome to start again. Come full circle to my wife. She has had this account for over 8 years. One day she gets off work and goes to log in and her account is disabled.

Immediately upset she contacts their live support. They accuse her of selling her account and that it was disabled and the decision was final. They refuse to offer any proof or justification for it. When she asked to speak to a manager or supervisor the person ended the chat, and when she called they just kept saying the decision was final with no proof, no chance for her to defend herself. Just thousands of dollars and time gone for no reason. I think it's time this company be confronted for their piss poor customer service, their abuse of its customers, and for fraud - they are taking people's money and banning their accounts for no reason! I don't see how they can legally do this to people and nothing happen.

I had an account with imvu. Logged on for over a year. Had the same account never had a problem with it ever until one day I couldn't log in and it was saying disabled. Well I called and complained about it and they accused me of fraud so I asked them what name the account was under and how they got my password and such. They couldn't give me a direct answer so I told them I wanted my account turned back on and they said I had to pay 122 dollars to re-enable it. Well after spending tons of money on clothes and music and clubs and homes and vip and app they do this to me.

I continued to ask for the proof and they continued to hem and haw over the question and continued to tell me they wanted more money to re-enable. I think it is a scam to get you to pay more money. Well I will not be starting over. They can shove it where the sun don't shine. They say they are here for the customer and they really aren't. Waste of time and money. Never again. Sad to be treated like a stupid piece of crap. Act like they know what they are doing when in all actuality they are just ripping more money off of you.

Was told by imvu they wanted me to give them credits and accused me of stealing all I bought on imvu when I did not. I paid for it all with the credits I had. This is insane. I liked it there once and now all it wants is to steal from loyal customers. I used to buy imvu cards also for creds and now they're asking for a credit card when I do not use it which makes me think they're trying to steal than help as not a lot have credit cards but instead of realizing it, they're punishing those who just use cash to buy things.

Yes like so many I WAS hooked onto this site not longer as I can quite firmly say that I limit my time. However when I am on it there is this user who ever since a friend of mine had his account hacked by her she continues to harass me through obtaining pictures that she would never be able to get hold of to following me, to messaging me, you name it and yet Imvu do nothing. It's been over a month now this has been goin on. Why are they so hooked into protecting the people who are the offenders I never know.

I need my money back because my bank sent me a message talking about I made some charges on imvu which that's not true at all. I need you people to give me my money back & take those charges off my card. I tried to email you people but you people didn't reply to my email. I'm really getting sick & tired. All I want is for you people to give me my money back & take the charges off, that's all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I guess I join the long line of complaints. I was a member in Imvu since November of 2009. It may all sound silly the amount of money that I've spent there in almost 7 years but indeed I was Imvu addicted like so many. It all started on April 13. For days I could see my id online from the website when I was not online. So I changed my password because I was freaked out that Imvu is giving warning to people about hacking. I sent a help ticket stating that I saw my id online. Imvu replied to me that it is due to Imvu 'next' website. When signed in there you can be seen online. I was satisfied with the answer. But when I tried to log into Imvu there was a generic message saying that I was disabled. I sent another ticket to Imvu, in return they sent me a new password.

I again tried to log in with the new password and it said I was disabled again. Another ticket to Imvu and they said they wanted to prove who I was. They asked me several questions. My payment info etc. Email. Credit card number (last 4 digits) and address for billing. Indeed I answered them back all correctly as it is my account. Then I received a reply accusing me of sharing accounts? I told them what proof? None was given. I was told I am welcome to go back to Imvu and spend money on another account. Now 7 years after paying for a registered account. AP pass. VIP monthly. Over 400 songs. Over 300 rooms. Countless clothes. I wont be going back to start all over again??? There is no way to sue Imvu. They are the judge, jury and executioners. You do not own your id, you just borrow it and pay money on it. I recommend to anyone it's buyer beware. Be very careful.

I used to like IMVU, a lot!!! I have been IMVU user for five years... I never had problem with the credit bills... I have only one problem, even I contact with IMVU support group, nothing happened. Here what my problem is... I bought 7 products from a developer with the nickname, **. At first her tops worked just fine. After 3 months or so, I couldn't wear them on any avatar. The only thing I could see was the black texture of the products. I try to contact her but she accepts only messages from her buddies. I contact with the support on IMVU, and they told me that was not their problem and I should contact with the developer. But how could I, if she didn't get my messages.

I try so many ways to message her. I even write in reviews of her products to send me a message. I send message to people they know her, still nothing. So now, after 4 years of futile efforts, I can't wear the products I bought nor I can a refund... that's so irritating. They could contact her and tell her to talk with me, but no. I have to find the way, and I can't do anything... I'm so disappointed.

So I just pay with my card and I waited for a min and never got my credits. I'm very pissed off. They don't really help you on there and not that long ago my Imvu was acting up and ** and idk what's going on - like it's slow and sometimes it don't show the stuff I buy or let me wear them. Please help or tell me what I can do.

I have been playing IMVU for 1 year. A few days ago there was an IMVU credit sale 40% off. Usually credits are pretty expensive so I thought... What a great deal!! So I went ahead and paid for the 50,000 credit package and it said "I'm sorry this order can't be proceeded. Please try again." So I went ahead and tried again and it still didn't work. After that I tried 4 more times. It won't work!!! So then I just forget about it and went to bed. Then 2 days later, a lady calls saying: "We have been having errors with credit buyers on sales." She told me I would get my credits back. And I never got them!! So I pretty much wasted 27 dollars on nothing!! WHAT A SCAM!! SOMETIMES THEY WILL SCAM THEIR CUSTOMERS! I WILL NEVER BE BUYING CREDITS ONLINE AGAIN!!

I have been on imvu for about 4 years now. And I never spent any money, I just earned them. Yet I made a new account (as I do when I get bored of one). And I spent money on this one. I was happy for a few days with this account and meet great people. But on day 5 I logged in and imvu would not come up at all. Its just stays in the hidden task bar. I have tried opening it, reinstalling it, accepting the Hughesnet pathway. And yet nothing is working. I called imvu to get help yet they told me its my own fault because of the computer and I should try a different one. Yet I have read many reviews on the same thing happening and quite frankly imvu's long time users are not happy. Imvu use to have great service and help yet this has gone down in the last year. I'm disappointed with what they had to say about this issue and still haven't fixed it.

I have been a member of imvu for 5yrs and had put a lot of money into my avatar and imvu as a whole, just recently I received an email saying that I have chargebacks made to my account which I had never made any requests for refunds from a purchase for a chargeback to be placed against me. I wrote imvu about the false accusations against my account but they still stated how I was banned and would have to pay $745 in order to get my avatar back. I don't think it's right that I'd have to payback for some charges or requests that I've never made. If anything imvu owes a lot of people on imvu money back for all the false accusations they make, products they take without refunding people. I use to really like imvu but now I just feel like their whole program is a scam.

I joined IMVU in 2005 initially. I became a VIP and was producing retextures and such with a moderate level of success and revenue. However, my computer was wiped in 2012 following a virus. Everything was gone including my saved password which I could no longer remember. I attempted to contact support in order to figure out how I could continue with the account I had spend years working on but they flat out stated they couldn't help me since my IP address wasn't the same and my email no longer existed due to inactivity. I created another account in order to get help on the forums and in my failed attempts made it my new one but after trying to sign in again only a year or so after creating the new account, my email was no longer on their system. It still isn't. None of them are. It's a disgusting way to shut out any customer let alone those that paid real money like myself.

Imvu had a great concept years ago, but sadly that has dwindled to nothing more than shady practices and questionable business ethical 'policies'. The complete lack of listening to the client base has grown from a simple irritation to a full blown annoyance on many levels. Avoid this company and its client. You will like most I know be gradually worn down and frustrated. There is a reason it hasn't grown over the last five years regardless of what they may say on their business portfolio. You pay for a 'service' in which you often find yourself updated out of with no apparent reimbursements from this company. If you are under 12, you will undoubtedly enjoy it to a point of away from keyboard boredom while you do other things. A lot of the bigger developers have left for greener pastures a click away, even that part of it had imploded. If I could give them a half star I would. Shady, dishonest, careless and unethical.

Last week I brought a vip membership with an extra 20k coins. I did not get them as I have already paid for them on my account. I'm very disappointed that my money was wasted on this game (imvu?). I want you to give me back my money or add it back onto my account. Much appreciated thank you.

I tried logging into my imvu account after being inactive for a while and my Vip ran out so it's now guest. And I entered everything my username and password and it wouldn't let me access my account. I tried resetting my password, and nothing worked. The last resort is calling these people because if they don't find the problem, I want every freaking dime that I spent into this game back and they can have their stupid products back >:(

Imvu ban people if the community don't like your personality that why second life has more people on their site. IMVU is a very sensitive site for sensitive people. The credits is a rip off. 1000 cr equal 1 dollar etc. The average item is 1200 cr.

I had an account with Imvu a little while ago now and it got hacked into. I tried calling Imvu and I even did those ticket things and even tried emailing them about trying to get my account back but they couldn't do anything. They kept asking for more information from me about the account which I gave them every time but still nothing so now I've lost that account with all the friends and money I spent out on it for outfits and rooms and to get AP. So now I've had to make a new account and start all over again. So I wish and hope Imvu does something about the hackers because I'm sick keep making new accounts. This is the third time I've had to set up a new one.

IMVU operates in a very scummy sort of way. If you ever encounter any sort of problem with their service you'll be expected to contact customer service whom will blatantly refuse to answer you with anything more than cheap, generic, copy pasted support text. After over 3 years of building a catalog of content within IMVU they decided to change their entire payment paradigm and then cut me out of being paid entirely due to reasons that they couldn't discuss with me fully "due to security" among a million other laughably goofy excuses.

I not happy with Imvu. They use my bank account and take all my money and don't know how. Don't use it. So is there some way can stop it pls., so can have my money back. Would like it back, so yeah pls help out. I hate when they do it.

I got an email from imvu saying my new account had been disabled for having an inappropriate name, but it was accepted at the beginning? I made a whole new account cause my last one was hacked. After a day my new account got banned. I sent a ticket thing and they sent an email back... My case is still new, it's neither assigned or closed. I made so many friends in just a few hours... How are they supposed to know where I went??

Ok I was doing a baby's room on Imvu. Well it boots me out and I go to log back in it doesn't let me in. Well I ask some of my friends on Imvu about my account they said it was disabled. I told them I didn't disable my account. Well the videos that are free to watch I done them because it was a way to get free credits if you could not afford them at the time. Well I got banned for credits. That to me is a load of horse crap. We didn't have no warnings. We didn't know how many to watch and they said I could have my account back when I pay 718.780 in credits they would unbanned me. To me that's a lot of money and I'm still banned trying to get enough to have my account back on.

It hurts when they think you're made out of money. I think something should be done about this. I am a creator on there and some of my friends was banned too for the same thing. It's been going on a long time it craps. I have been on the other account for 1 year. I don't have money flying around. I think they need to pay me back for watching them flipping things.

First my computer was fried by search protect then imvu said it was not in their software. No just the other day they said it was over a year after it hurt my computer. So that's just one thing. They're over priced on thing and their TOS you have to be a lawyer to really understand it.

I have been on IMVU and have had several issues being:

1. Warnings given without a response or reason being given by client. Most of the time ppl don't know what they are talking about.

2. Cyber-stalking & Bullying. There are several groups of well known bullies who pride themselves in hacking. I have had my financial information (correct too) pulsed on the community bulletin board along with my home telephone number 5 times. I showed IMVU chat logs, messages, pics, copies of the pulses and they have yet to do one damn thing about it. The most you get out of their staff is "we will review and just avoid these ppl." Never once have I seen anything done. These people make a life of trolling and abusing people.

3. I have disabled for 3 weeks for a picture where I had an ap fit on? It was not ap and proven to not be yet it took 2 weeks for their staff to review and re-review. Smh.

4. You can never reach a manager. They are just never available, ever! 5 years and still waiting!

5. The employees come across as rude and simpleminded which leads to hours on the phone and problem that never gets resolved. I have spent far too much money on this game along with several others and it continues to deteriorate. I have had reps get tired of speaking in regards to a subject simply disconnect and it just happens to be the same employee every time to several other people coz I'm assuming he is bored! Smh.

I started using imvu in 2013. It was fine at the beginning. I bought my name, became a vip, made some friends there. I had always been happy to be on this game even it got my laptop and pc worked slowly. I told my friends to join this "game" because it was fun. I was away from imvu for almost six months (sept 2014-march 2015) because I had to deal with school and etc. I came back onto this game in the middle of March 2015, many things had changed. No free room slots, higher price, and etc. It was again still fine to me. I kept buying credits for $30 each months from March to June by using MOLPoints and my phone credits. I had never signed any offers since. Hey I have the money and it's not like those free offers available in my region. Offers has never been available in my country.

But after three months of my came back (June 11th, 2015) I suddenly got a permanent banned. Like wow. How even? I filled the ticket, wishing they would admit they have made an error, but in reply their CS said that "I'm associated with a ring of users who abused their TOS for free credits." I replied to this and attached the notification emails from IMVU whenever I got the credits I purchased. (You would get an email whenever you get credits, no matter it's free or paid. That's why I sent them those to show that I never got any free credits on that account.) Four days after their CS replied, and I gotta give another wow. Now they said "we have proofs that you abused our TOS for free credits and offers." WOW. Again I replied to this and ask them to trace my transaction or activities on the account.

There's still no answer until today. It's been another five days since I replied them with another proofs of my purchase and my question on how the reason of my banning could change from "associated with some criminal" to be "the criminal itself". I'm mad, upset and angry at IMVU. Their bad service, unfair banning, and the slow response of their CS. Most of the answer of their CS are also copy pasted. If you're thinking about making an IMVU account, I would love to suggest you not to. This company doesn't care about their customers at all. They only want you to make more accounts, waste more of your money on them.

Imvu has taken many things from creator and customer alike over the years. From the brief voice option so many years ago, to the random disabling of Imvu accounts for excuse me-**-reasons. Imvu has now implemented a "new" way of earning money and credits. At first, I thought this was a good idea, but after realizing they were shutting down the resellers? NO WAY. I buy all my credits from resellers because frankly Imvu's prices are through the roof and I can't afford their prices. i.e: Reseller: 2.45 for 5k. Imvu: 5.00 for 5k. The basis of most outfits alone bought in shop costing about 10-30k. That's 30 dollars of my money.

Imvu has become a monopoly, and has stripped their consumers of the right to choose. Money makes Imvu run, and money is all that matters to them. It's an awful site for their customer support and care, and for them listening to the people. While the gameplay is fun and the virtual content high-end compared to other games,(i.e secondlife) I will not continue to use Imvu until this problem is fixed. I will not purchase any credits/items until this problem is solved.

First let me start by saying a lot of people debate whether or not IMVU is a game or online chat site. The reality is it really depends on the type of public or private room you end up in as some people are themselves, some pretend to be themselves while hiding their real gender and/or age and some people use it to role play and are in character. With some of the "characters" out there you'd better hope that you enjoy online cyber or know enough to say no and leave the room.

You sign up agreeing to the TOS or Terms of Service which clearly states that you are agreeing to it, however they also have the right to change it at any time which they too. As a user once you start paying money for services such as: using real money to purchase credits which can now only be done through IMVU, purchasing your name without guest, AP (an adult pass), VIP (special perks that other users don't get), etc that they can change any of these without notice and as long as it is in accordance to the TOS there is nothing a user can do about it because you signed/agreed to the TOS. Purchases such as clothing, furniture etc. can be changed by the person who made it or IMVU with little to no chances at being able to get their credits back.

Age appropriate everything. Though IMVU claims that it is a family friendly site allowing users as young as 15 to use it the company does a very poor job at maintaining what I would consider family friendly rooms. Users can purchase outfits under the GA section that hardly cover any part of the avi's body and seeing as the minimum coverage guidelines for females is only of the breasts, and of the buttocks it isn't as though there is much less to cover. However users can get access to skins and clothing that allow avis to walk naked with a GA status and do not remove the products. Worse yet is the difficulties users have to go through in order to flag products once they have been hidden from the catalogue or voted incorrectly by others who did peer review (a subject I'll address shortly).

There are rooms that are GA that are clubs where there are products that simulate sexual acts or are brothels, dungeons, clubs what have you, that most countries wouldn't allow minors to enter, yet they stay up or users have to go through very long and involved processes to see them taken down. In my case it took over 2 weeks and finding someone who worked for imvu outside of the filing a help ticket process. Worse yet is that people who do put up these sorts or rooms or make products can only get a 2 week ban and then do it all over again until the next time they are caught and reported.

Peer Review is the wonderful system that IMVU has set up to regulate what goes into their catalogue. So general users and creators get to decide what goes into the catalogue and only a staff member who looks at a product after it has already gone through has the ability to rerate a product or consider it UFI. The flaw of course is that staff can only do that if it is flagged and chances are if a user knowingly knows that does not meet the TOS won't give a link to the actual product for someone to flag it unless they trust the other person to get access to the product number in order to flag it.

I have never been able to file a help ticket with their customer service where they didn't say they couldn't do anything and I needed to flag it myself. Thus I find the entire process flawed and kids wearing things that shouldn't be worn outside of the bedroom or brothel in public rooms accessible to minors. So IMVU lets those who can/do break the rules and users who might not otherwise report a product to decide what goes in it.

Customer service. If you like copy/paste methods of getting help it isn't bad and only if you don't mind waiting days or weeks for a response. As well I've never encountered so many mistakes to include the following that I have gone through: I reported a person who came into my room asking me for sex - my account was banned for 2 weeks (this was fixed after 5 days when I filed a help ticket after the 2nd day). My peer review privileges were revoked along with many others (they discovered that some creators had found a way to hide the triggers for products so people doing peer review had no way of knowing there were UFI triggers attached). I requested assistance in getting products flagged because they were hidden only to be told there was nothing they could do about it (2 of the products in questions were rooms that had nothing but sexual positions in them). There were others but I'm sure most people get the general idea.

The biggest issue for me where IMVU is concerned is their lack of accountability. There are obvious game meshes that have been ripped from video games and their response is that unless the companies involved are the ones to make the complaints or requests for removal that the products will stay up, thus allowing the person and imvu to make real money off of another's work. Users who accidentally create products off these meshes can't even request to get their money back that they paid for making a product off it and having what they made removed when requested.

Having the ToS in place but not enforcing it for all users as there are many products that don't follow the guidelines for GA and should be AP which stay up even when they are flagged. Saying that they are complying with the copyright laws with music where you can only purchase it through the proper channels and yet still allow trigger products and other ways users have found to get around the rules. And again, I'm sorry their customer service and the fact they do not want users bringing up their complaints and issues in the forums, pulse and site or users fear getting banned or their account taken away. So for some users it's great. For other people who have scruples, not so much. There are other programs that are free that are much better if you want to meet people with similar interests.

IMVU has over stepped their terms of service to request personal information that only a security company would require. Making a purchase, and having it purchased, then hold that purchase until you comply with relinquishing personal information that includes government issue picture ID (as a copy) and credit card (as a copy) before activating purchase. Since they already had the required information needed to make the purchase, to go as far as to request proof of identity, that only a security firm, holding company or government office would need. Is IMVU placing themselves as an extension of the NSA, FBI, for the purpose of creating their own database on the personal information of it's members?

About 2 months ago I logged into IMVU as I normally would. I had bought VIP + Name change token and decided that I wanted to change my name on IMVU. I messaged a "customer service" employee through [Help Agent - a new and faster way VIPs can get help from its employees]. As soon as I asked the "customer service employee = cse" for the name change, he asked me to verify that I was the owner of the account. I was flabbergasted, and before I could verify my account he had banned it. I contacted IMVU asking why they had banned my account, and they said that they believe it was hacked.

After 1 month of abuse from IMVU's employee, their lack of care and their poor service, I gave my ID + Credit card information for that account and telling them that I had a new credit card, therefore the credit card information isn't the same on the account considering the last time I bought anything on it was years ago. They gave me back the account and I asked IMVU to compensate for the time I had lost due to their incompetence. They then extended my VIP for a month. 2 months later, I couldn't log into one of my other accounts (S) since I forgot the password and email for it.

I then logged into my account (E) asking IMVU through "Help Agent" for the email to my (S) account so that I can reset my password and get into my account. They said they wouldn't give me the email to the account, stating that if I was the owner I would've remembered the email (Keep in mind that I contacted them because I didn't remember the email). After repeating that I was the owner and I can't remember the email and if they gave me the email I could verify that it was my account, they stated no continuously and banned my (S) account. They also banned the account I was asking from (E) account.

Without me knowing that they had banned that I account, I had decided to contact IMVU again through another of my account (B), the one I previously stated that was banned about 2 months ago. I asked for the email and they said no still and decided to ban my (B) account also. All under the claim that I had hacked an account or hacked the accounts I'm writing from. I was obviously pissed off and decided to ask from a 4th account of mine (N) about why IMVU was a ** corporation and methods to verify the accounts that were banned. They just decided to ban that account also (N). So basically they banned 4 of my accounts within 3 days, all without reasons except for the fact that I asked for my email.

They then asked me to verify that I am the owner, by sending my ID + Credit card scan + Images of me holding it. Which I did send, they also asked questions for me to answer to show that I am the owner, which I also did. Note: I sent the answers they needed from the very beginning so that it wouldn't take long for them to give me back my account. Note: Out of all 4 accounts, my credit card information was on one of them, since I am an escort that has people pay me things online for my service, and I decided that they should buy things on IMVU for me.

I don't really talk to them much afterwards, if the service they're paying for is for example: (Cam.) So there's no way I can get their information when I stop talking to them. Note: Most of the payments are several years ago. So I sent them my ID + Credit card information; they asked for (An information I already sent 1 month ago to get my account back, which they approved of and gave me back). After weeks of them evading the real problem of them verifying my accounts, and asking me the same questions over and over again. After weeks of sending multiple tickets because some of the customer service employees just neglected to do their job.

One of the employees finally replied to the (ID + Information I sent) and said it didn't match any of the accounts. How could that be? Considering the same information I gave JUST 2 MONTHS ago was accepted and now you say it won't be accepted. I had explained the situation a million times to them as to why I cannot / couldn't provide the other information since the credit card wasn't mine. They then stated that I should get it somehow and won't give me my account back until I have those information.

On the 4 accounts banned I had recently spent 800 USD, within 2 / 3 months. I had given them the information they asked for and complied, and even explained my situation. IMVU has 2 methods of verifying your accounts when banned. They ask you a bunch of questions, answers only the owner would know. They ask for your ID + Passport + Credit card scan. Both which I answered and sent to them - However upon calling IMVUs billing service department in order to get my accounts back, they stated that the answers / replies and cooperation with them wasn't satisfactory, therefore I wouldn't be receiving my accounts back. I had sent countless of help tickets with the information they wanted. I had called them countless of times verifying the same information and they still said no.

When I was talking to one of the employees, they had said that the account (S) was not banned at all, but they'd still need verification in order for me to get

the account back (3 days after, I saw that the account was then banned permanently, they also banned my (B) account permanently). Weeks after all this problems and countless arguments with the staff, I started receiving calls on my mobile phone from (IMVUs customer / human resources department). I don't even know how they got my number considering I never gave it to them. I also didn't pick up the calls at first because I had no idea who it was, after I recalled the number it was (IMVU's customer / human resources department).

I asked them for the reason why they kept calling me and the "employee" was apparently someone from the front desk, and didn't know anything about the incident, but decided to proceed to ask them to call me again (It was night when the call came and I was asleep). I called them back just to get the answer as to why they wanted to get a hold of me, and still the employee said they'd call me back again. (Why they couldn't just handle the reason right then and there is beyond me. They seemed confused and didn't know what was going on. The employee at the front desk knew my name but still failed to address the issue, and they kept hanging up before I was done talking).

I then asked IMVU to (stop) the payments of VIP I had bought on 3 of the accounts, because I was told even after you are banned and the account isn't claimed then the payment still goes on and they can still get money from your banned accounts (Which they stopped on 1 of the accounts, even though they claim I'm not the owner they still went ahead with that). I then asked them, "You claim I'm not the owner of the accounts, yet you stopped the payments based on me telling you to. So basically if I was a hacker as you claim, then you would stop transactions another person has made on their accounts?" They failed to answer that question and hung up.

I had also asked them. "What if I had made an account, and a hacker had hacked my account and bought things on that account, do I then need their ID + Credit card then? Considering you're banning me on that pretense, and saying NO OTHER VERIFICATION METHOD ELSE CAN BE USED TO RETRIEVE YOUR ACCOUNT, then basically you can steal my account and I'd have no way of getting it back even if I AM THE OWNER". They still didn't answer that and evaded the question. They have banned 2 out of the 4 accounts permanently. WITHOUT reason. The other 2 I will never get back and it's only a matter of time before they ban it permanently also.

IMVU deliberately uses methods that can be interpreted in many ways and is beyond flawed, so that they can scam people (from the money they've spent on the account/s) so that the person makes a new account and spend as much money and IMVU "has the right" to ban your account without reason. It's in their "T.O.S". Basically says "We can scam you and you can do nothing about it". I'm afraid of using IMVU now. I can't log into the other accounts I have because if I contact them in the future for (name change) or any troubles with my accounts they will / can ban me without reason. I'm afraid to make new accounts for the same reason.

I have decided I will not be using their website further more. They've scammed thousands of dollars out of me and other clients over the years. Not only do they do a terrible job FOR the people that pay them to exist, they also have horrible immigrant employees that suck at English and suck at basic common sense. The job interview procedures are the same. NO ONE at IMVUs Inc do a good job. It's surprising that the government and (others) give kids that don't even know how to manage a business lots of money to continue it's scam.

Let me say first off, I have been a member of IMVU for a total of seven years. I randomly have been accused of using an unauthorized version of the client with my original account and they permanently banned it. I filed a help ticket asking why exactly it was banned because customer service did not send me an email explaining this to me. One day when I tried to log in, it was just gone. They told me it had undergone a thorough investigation. Okay, that's fine I accepted it, but also asked them what the program I was supposedly using was, so that I could make sure and delete it. I always downloaded the software from their website and always updated when prompted. I also had an alternative account for a little under the same amount I'd had my original. It was not disabled.

So, I went ahead and created a new account to use as an alternative though it ended up being my main. A year later, my account was hacked. I do know how it was hacked and I do understand it was a mistake. While I was in the midst of IMVU retrieving my account for me, they decided that I was using an unauthorized version of the client again. This after a complete computer change and one account being active. I filed yet another help ticket about this and the representative asked me if that was my alternative. I was honest with her and she said she would escalate my case for me. About two minutes after getting off the phone with them (I called billing for information on my VIP for the hacked account) it was also permanently disabled.

The last two did send me emails, but I still don't understand what I could be using. I do not create so there's no need for me to download that program people use to steal meshes. I have always tried to follow TOS to a tee. When I have tried to create yet another account (I have now had 5 accounts disabled) it bans me after logging in the first time and tells me my account underwent a thorough investigation. How can it undergo investigation after maybe three minutes or less on the client?

I have made lifelong friends and met people who have become as close to me as family. IMVU has been a big part of my life, but I do have issues with their customer service. While it lasted it was great. I learned to become a better writer through role playing, I learned a lot from it and will always be thankful for the experience. However, I do have issues with how they work their customer service. It is a complete joke and automated service. If you got heartfelt responses and not the same thing over and over it deteriorates the customer response to the software. Also, if anyone could help me figure out what unauthorized version I was using, I would really appreciate it.

Well My Account "**" has been lost for weeks. I have attempted retrieval of the password and attempted changes to no avail. I have had the account since october 2006 and am a developer for IMVU. I have submitted emails informing them that I have new email addresses for them to send new temp passwords to (even had them send an email to the email they have on record) and it has failed. The juno email address they have on record indicates none was delivered and I want them to send me one to my email @ so we can remedy this issue. So I can get back my account. Failure for them to comply will lead to litigation, I am afraid. This is something neither party would want, and all I want to do is get back my account and fix this without any issues. Company Profile