1.77/5
  • 1 star
Based on 122 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

138 Imvu.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

IMVU often have promo ads running that shows up in one's IMVU inbox. On August 6, 2017, I logged onto IMVU site, in checking my messages, I saw a IMVU ad stating if I subscribed to Hulu, I would get 32000 IMVU free credits; thus, I immediately took the offer. The 32000 credits never came and upon contacting IMVU's Help & Support, I was sent on a different mission every time I had to contacted them (15 times) due to the credits not showing up. IMVU gave me the run-a-round, first I was told by IMVU to contact Hulu as they were responsible for providing the credits to me. When I contacted Hulu I was asked "Why would IMVU tell me to contact Hulu, they don't have IMVU credits?" This ping pong affect carried on several weeks with IMVU finally sending me on a mission to provide proof that I was indeed a Hulu subscriber and once confirmed IMVU would add the credits to my IMVU account.

However, I had provided a screenshot of the Hulu account earlier and although I sent this proof via link while in a live chat with IMVU, I was told they had to talk with a supervisor, but nothing changed. After a while I realized IMVU was never planning to provide the credits. I even invited Hulu on a three-way conference call with IMVU and myself. Hulu confirmed that I was indeed a Hulu subscriber and Hulu also told IMVU they would send me a confirmation email I could forward to IMVU and I did forward the email. I waited a few days and due to not seeing the credits contacted IMVU and once again was told to call Hulu because they are the ones to provide the IMVU credits to me. It's been well over two months ago, still no credits have been given to my account.

Original review: July 26, 2017

This game aims to protect visitors but they just there to take your money. I was a creator and spend a huge amount to be there. Over 2000 product made. On a few I used my versions of brands and logos like Puma and Coca-Cola. I changed the originals so I wouldn't be held for copyrights violations. Although their catalog is filled with brands and stuff with logos they random pick creators and take their account and all the money from it. Over 2000 dollar spend in 1.5 years to have a nice shop and good sales in it.

I got very disappointed when they not even bother to help you proof you made diff versions on logos and brands. Now the table is turned and they are wrong to steal from me as I see it. They should warn before take down accounts and take all products and account from other creators down not random pick big fish. Don't fall for their scam. This is a fake community with lots of jealousy and hate.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 18, 2017

Well just like others I have gotten addicted to the game. I created my account in 2015 and after spending hundreds of dollars, just like others, I ended up disabled. Being on IMVU for about 2 1/2 years now I have been disabled for a total of 5 times. One time I was in a chat with friends and out of nowhere I was logged out. Of course, the quick panic attack kicked in. I checked my email and I did not get the "Your account has been permanently banned because...". Therefore, my account had been disabled for no reason whatsoever. I contacted IMVU through a help ticket and the next morning I received my account back with no problem.

Now I was disabled again some months after that. I got disabled due to payments fraud and I was so attached to the game that I actually paid the $214 for my account back... again I was disabled in March. I had to pay $260 to IMVU from my bank and then $50 through PayPal. Currently I am waiting for IMVU to receive the $260 so I can pay $50 and get my account back. I have spent loads of money on this game. If it wasn't for the tons of friends and clothing, outfits, amazing shop, creator level, and etc I would have quit IMVU a longggg time ago, but I am already caught up...

In total I have been disabled 5 times. 2 times for 1 day (for verbal abuse in chat???). 1 time for something I don't even know (I never found out why my account was disabled and they never told me). And 2 times for payment fraud in which I spent over $400 to reactivate my account. Once I get my account back I will no longer buy anything off of IMVU using real money because they are so quick to disable. If I make a purchase it will be something other than a credit card... it is horrible how this company thinks that we are made of money...

Original review: June 4, 2017

I had purchased 22,000 credits off of IMVU one night. This was long ago, but I'm starting at the root of my problems with VU. They accepted my payment and my bank said it was accepted but I never got my credits... Now after that they asked me for my id and credit card I paid with which I sent. I sent them and they said that it wasn't clear. I sent them again still same problem. Because of this I can't pay anywhere on Google AT ALL. I sent my info online and now I regret it, but they closed those cases and I haven't gotten anything out of VU. I only stay on here for my friends who live far. It gets irritating when I see them in new clothes on VU and I'm in the same thing. If you think you want to purchase something on IMVU please be careful. It isn't safe too.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I live in California, and my boyfriend is in Florida. He gave me his Imvu user, even his email, but I couldn't find his account, and he couldn't find mine. I even tried logging onto his account to search up myself, but nothing showed up. We are both friends with other people out of state though, so I don't know what's wrong?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Imvu.com?

Original review: April 20, 2017

Recently I purchased credits from IMVU during their VIP Benefits sale of 45% off. I ordered the 20,000 IMVU credits pack for $11.00. However, when I checked my bank statement I was charged for $19.99 from IMVU. I immediately contacted IMVU and requested a refund because when I was checking out it during that time it said $11.00 for a $20,000. I filled out a help ticket and once I was connected I told the "help person" my problem and how I was charged. The "help" person put in a "refund request" so that their "specialist" can approve my case and they deducted the 20,000 credits from my account.

Well today on this beautiful morning I log onto my account to see that 20,000 had reappeared onto my account. I contacted the "help" again and so they could check my account and told me I was denied from getting a refund on my money. Apparently, IMVU has a courtesy refund where they only refund one purchase. How the heck are you going to deny someone their money? Nowhere on their page does it say that you get one courtesy refund! Therefore, I will not be getting back a penny of my money.

For the record, last year back in December I purchased some credits from IMVU and there was a glitch which caused me to purchase multiple orders for one thing I ordered. I do not feel that was a courtesy to me if it happened on their part. On top of that if someone is being charged one price and their portal close there should be a message that pops up saying. "Hey, this purchase price has changed. Do you still want to continue and pay the new price?" At this moment I am pissed off with IMVU. They take your money and screw you over!

Another problem with IMVU is their featured section. I put in a request for a room called Lounge and Friends. I feel like Lounge and Friends is a very friendly and appropriate name for a room. They denied me because my room was too small when it wasn't. It's way bigger than my other room, the name for my room was inappropriate, I had submitted my room too many times? They never said there was a limit on the times I could submit my room. I have AP items in my room. If I had AP items in my room I would not be able to submit my room to be processed or viewed. At this point, IMVU is worth nothing more than headaches and taking your money. On top of that their phone service is crappy and not the best quality. Their online "help" ticket are not beneficial.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I have used IMVU for approximately 6 years. The only reason I use IMVU is because of the long life friends that I have met over the years and the fact I love creating. Over the 6 years, I have had multiple accounts and spend tens of thousands of REAL dollars on them. I wouldn't have had to spend this much money if IMVU wasn't a money hungry fraudulent company. For instance, I spent about $3,000 on my first account, I was a Pro creator and doing great in my shop. I went to log in one day and I was banned for "Sharing personal details on the IMVU Forums". Let me make this clear, in my time using that account on imvu I never once ever used the IMVU forums, I had no need to.

I made another account and attempted to contact them and try and retrieve my wrongfully banned account, Without success. They refused to supply me with actual evidence that I ever used the imvu or even shared personal information on them, They refused to return my account which I knew was taken without proper reason. In other words, they just took my account, that was worth over $3,000 with no explanation. This isn't my only account taken with false explanations either, my next account was perm banned which had thousands of dollars spent on it for "Sharing a fraudulent link". The link was imgur.com which is a picture sharing website. I even went as far as getting a written email from the creator of imgur.com saying in no way is their website fraudulent and made yet another account and contact IMVU. I asked for evidence, I sent them the letter from the creator of Imgur and still, I didn't get my account back!

I have even lost an account because some random person in a public room decided to gift everyone BM products, I went directly to Varsha (IMVU Moderator) and said "someone has sent me this. I want it to be taken away because in way do I take responsibility for a random person gifting me this without my consent. Her reply was "You are going to be banned for having that." IMVU as a company is a joke. They can take $1,000's of dollars of your money without explanation and without evidence. They can supply you with false allegations and you can't do a single thing about it. I have done my complete best to follow their terms of services and even then you will still lose your account eventually.

I have stopped spending money on IMVU. I know I will never get back my accounts nor the tens of thousands of dollars I have lost to IMVU for absolutely no reason. I have lost a total of 4 accounts now and they have never supplied an ounce of evidence to their accusations. This is a business taking real money for a service that they provide but are never held accountable when it comes down to how they treat their customers. Be warned and be careful. Don't spend too much money on this site and don't stand out.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

They punish us players for their glitches and you don't get any help over live chat. The room specialist deny rooms that have been featured before just for fun so basically we put money in their pocket to put food on their table and we get nothing in return.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

One day while on Imvu I had decided to buy credits for my avatar and once I had typed in my credit card information it kept rejecting it. I ended up getting fed up with it continuously rejecting it and so I called Imvu. Once I had gotten on the line with somebody and explained my situation, the woman had told me to put my guardian on the phone and when I told her I was a legal adult she decided that because my voice is high that I wasn't. I then had to attempt to get her to accept that I was an adult and in the end she didn't even fix the issue! Currently they banned my account because of suspicious log in and told me it should be returned in 24 hours. It's been 9 days and I am reluctant to call them in fear of them assuming my age again, I have spent hundreds of dollars on this company and they didn't even treat me with respect.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I recently bought a VIP member. After experienced it, I tried to cancel the subscription but couldn't do it because of some error from IMVU services. I tried to write them through email and contact them directly in live chat. They told me that my VIP membership will be auto cancel. One month later, the membership didn't cancel but I got charged again from my credit card. Basically, they lied to me. I will never again ever play that chat software anymore, and I don't recommend it, to be honest.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I personally have only seen their bs from a third party point of view until they handled a situation with my wife's account poorly. She had a friend, who got her account disabled because they claimed she made a purchase then tried to refund the money and keep the credits. She asked for proof, showed them that the money was still taken from her acct and no refund was ever issued, so she asked for proof that she tried to refund it and they refused, said the decision was final but she was welcome to start again. Come full circle to my wife. She has had this account for over 8 years. One day she gets off work and goes to log in and her account is disabled.

Immediately upset she contacts their live support. They accuse her of selling her account and that it was disabled and the decision was final. They refuse to offer any proof or justification for it. When she asked to speak to a manager or supervisor the person ended the chat, and when she called they just kept saying the decision was final with no proof, no chance for her to defend herself. Just thousands of dollars and time gone for no reason. I think it's time this company be confronted for their piss poor customer service, their abuse of its customers, and for fraud - they are taking people's money and banning their accounts for no reason! I don't see how they can legally do this to people and nothing happen.

Original review: July 8, 2016

I had an account with imvu. Logged on for over a year. Had the same account never had a problem with it ever until one day I couldn't log in and it was saying disabled. Well I called and complained about it and they accused me of fraud so I asked them what name the account was under and how they got my password and such. They couldn't give me a direct answer so I told them I wanted my account turned back on and they said I had to pay 122 dollars to re-enable it. Well after spending tons of money on clothes and music and clubs and homes and vip and app they do this to me.

I continued to ask for the proof and they continued to hem and haw over the question and continued to tell me they wanted more money to re-enable. I think it is a scam to get you to pay more money. Well I will not be starting over. They can shove it where the sun don't shine. They say they are here for the customer and they really aren't. Waste of time and money. Never again. Sad to be treated like a stupid piece of crap. Act like they know what they are doing when in all actuality they are just ripping more money off of you.

Original review: June 30, 2016

Was told by imvu they wanted me to give them credits and accused me of stealing all I bought on imvu when I did not. I paid for it all with the credits I had. This is insane. I liked it there once and now all it wants is to steal from loyal customers. I used to buy imvu cards also for creds and now they're asking for a credit card when I do not use it which makes me think they're trying to steal than help as not a lot have credit cards but instead of realizing it, they're punishing those who just use cash to buy things.

Original review: May 22, 2016

Yes like so many I WAS hooked onto this site not longer as I can quite firmly say that I limit my time. However when I am on it there is this user who ever since a friend of mine had his account hacked by her she continues to harass me through obtaining pictures that she would never be able to get hold of to following me, to messaging me, you name it and yet Imvu do nothing. It's been over a month now this has been goin on. Why are they so hooked into protecting the people who are the offenders I never know.

Original review: May 4, 2016

I need my money back because my bank sent me a message talking about I made some charges on imvu which that's not true at all. I need you people to give me my money back & take those charges off my card. I tried to email you people but you people didn't reply to my email. I'm really getting sick & tired. All I want is for you people to give me my money back & take the charges off, that's all.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I guess I join the long line of complaints. I was a member in Imvu since November of 2009. It may all sound silly the amount of money that I've spent there in almost 7 years but indeed I was Imvu addicted like so many. It all started on April 13. For days I could see my id online from the website when I was not online. So I changed my password because I was freaked out that Imvu is giving warning to people about hacking. I sent a help ticket stating that I saw my id online. Imvu replied to me that it is due to Imvu 'next' website. When signed in there you can be seen online. I was satisfied with the answer. But when I tried to log into Imvu there was a generic message saying that I was disabled. I sent another ticket to Imvu, in return they sent me a new password.

I again tried to log in with the new password and it said I was disabled again. Another ticket to Imvu and they said they wanted to prove who I was. They asked me several questions. My payment info etc. Email. Credit card number (last 4 digits) and address for billing. Indeed I answered them back all correctly as it is my account. Then I received a reply accusing me of sharing accounts? I told them what proof? None was given. I was told I am welcome to go back to Imvu and spend money on another account. Now 7 years after paying for a registered account. AP pass. VIP monthly. Over 400 songs. Over 300 rooms. Countless clothes. I wont be going back to start all over again??? There is no way to sue Imvu. They are the judge, jury and executioners. You do not own your id, you just borrow it and pay money on it. I recommend to anyone it's buyer beware. Be very careful.

Original review: April 13, 2016

I used to like IMVU, a lot!!! I have been IMVU user for five years... I never had problem with the credit bills... I have only one problem, even I contact with IMVU support group, nothing happened. Here what my problem is... I bought 7 products from a developer with the nickname, **. At first her tops worked just fine. After 3 months or so, I couldn't wear them on any avatar. The only thing I could see was the black texture of the products. I try to contact her but she accepts only messages from her buddies. I contact with the support on IMVU, and they told me that was not their problem and I should contact with the developer. But how could I, if she didn't get my messages.

I try so many ways to message her. I even write in reviews of her products to send me a message. I send message to people they know her, still nothing. So now, after 4 years of futile efforts, I can't wear the products I bought nor I can a refund... that's so irritating. They could contact her and tell her to talk with me, but no. I have to find the way, and I can't do anything... I'm so disappointed.

Original review: April 11, 2016

So I just pay with my card and I waited for a min and never got my credits. I'm very pissed off. They don't really help you on there and not that long ago my Imvu was acting up and ** and idk what's going on - like it's slow and sometimes it don't show the stuff I buy or let me wear them. Please help or tell me what I can do.

Original review: March 4, 2016

I have been playing IMVU for 1 year. A few days ago there was an IMVU credit sale 40% off. Usually credits are pretty expensive so I thought... What a great deal!! So I went ahead and paid for the 50,000 credit package and it said "I'm sorry this order can't be proceeded. Please try again." So I went ahead and tried again and it still didn't work. After that I tried 4 more times. It won't work!!! So then I just forget about it and went to bed. Then 2 days later, a lady calls saying: "We have been having errors with credit buyers on sales." She told me I would get my credits back. And I never got them!! So I pretty much wasted 27 dollars on nothing!! WHAT A SCAM!! SOMETIMES THEY WILL SCAM THEIR CUSTOMERS! I WILL NEVER BE BUYING CREDITS ONLINE AGAIN!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2016

I have been on imvu for about 4 years now. And I never spent any money, I just earned them. Yet I made a new account (as I do when I get bored of one). And I spent money on this one. I was happy for a few days with this account and meet great people. But on day 5 I logged in and imvu would not come up at all. Its just stays in the hidden task bar. I have tried opening it, reinstalling it, accepting the Hughesnet pathway. And yet nothing is working. I called imvu to get help yet they told me its my own fault because of the computer and I should try a different one. Yet I have read many reviews on the same thing happening and quite frankly imvu's long time users are not happy. Imvu use to have great service and help yet this has gone down in the last year. I'm disappointed with what they had to say about this issue and still haven't fixed it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

I have been a member of imvu for 5yrs and had put a lot of money into my avatar and imvu as a whole, just recently I received an email saying that I have chargebacks made to my account which I had never made any requests for refunds from a purchase for a chargeback to be placed against me. I wrote imvu about the false accusations against my account but they still stated how I was banned and would have to pay $745 in order to get my avatar back. I don't think it's right that I'd have to payback for some charges or requests that I've never made. If anything imvu owes a lot of people on imvu money back for all the false accusations they make, products they take without refunding people. I use to really like imvu but now I just feel like their whole program is a scam.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I joined IMVU in 2005 initially. I became a VIP and was producing retextures and such with a moderate level of success and revenue. However, my computer was wiped in 2012 following a virus. Everything was gone including my saved password which I could no longer remember. I attempted to contact support in order to figure out how I could continue with the account I had spend years working on but they flat out stated they couldn't help me since my IP address wasn't the same and my email no longer existed due to inactivity. I created another account in order to get help on the forums and in my failed attempts made it my new one but after trying to sign in again only a year or so after creating the new account, my email was no longer on their system. It still isn't. None of them are. It's a disgusting way to shut out any customer let alone those that paid real money like myself.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

Imvu had a great concept years ago, but sadly that has dwindled to nothing more than shady practices and questionable business ethical 'policies'. The complete lack of listening to the client base has grown from a simple irritation to a full blown annoyance on many levels. Avoid this company and its client. You will like most I know be gradually worn down and frustrated. There is a reason it hasn't grown over the last five years regardless of what they may say on their business portfolio. You pay for a 'service' in which you often find yourself updated out of with no apparent reimbursements from this company. If you are under 12, you will undoubtedly enjoy it to a point of away from keyboard boredom while you do other things. A lot of the bigger developers have left for greener pastures a click away, even that part of it had imploded. If I could give them a half star I would. Shady, dishonest, careless and unethical.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

Last week I brought a vip membership with an extra 20k coins. I did not get them as I have already paid for them on my account. I'm very disappointed that my money was wasted on this game (imvu?). I want you to give me back my money or add it back onto my account. Much appreciated thank you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I tried logging into my imvu account after being inactive for a while and my Vip ran out so it's now guest. And I entered everything my username and password and it wouldn't let me access my account. I tried resetting my password, and nothing worked. The last resort is calling these people because if they don't find the problem, I want every freaking dime that I spent into this game back and they can have their stupid products back >:(

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

Imvu ban people if the community don't like your personality that why second life has more people on their site. IMVU is a very sensitive site for sensitive people. The credits is a rip off. 1000 cr equal 1 dollar etc. The average item is 1200 cr.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

I had an account with Imvu a little while ago now and it got hacked into. I tried calling Imvu and I even did those ticket things and even tried emailing them about trying to get my account back but they couldn't do anything. They kept asking for more information from me about the account which I gave them every time but still nothing so now I've lost that account with all the friends and money I spent out on it for outfits and rooms and to get AP. So now I've had to make a new account and start all over again. So I wish and hope Imvu does something about the hackers because I'm sick keep making new accounts. This is the third time I've had to set up a new one.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

IMVU operates in a very scummy sort of way. If you ever encounter any sort of problem with their service you'll be expected to contact customer service whom will blatantly refuse to answer you with anything more than cheap, generic, copy pasted support text. After over 3 years of building a catalog of content within IMVU they decided to change their entire payment paradigm and then cut me out of being paid entirely due to reasons that they couldn't discuss with me fully "due to security" among a million other laughably goofy excuses.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2015

I not happy with Imvu. They use my bank account and take all my money and don't know how. Don't use it. So is there some way can stop it pls., so can have my money back. Would like it back, so yeah pls help out. I hate when they do it.

Original review: July 8, 2015

I got an email from imvu saying my new account had been disabled for having an inappropriate name, but it was accepted at the beginning? I made a whole new account cause my last one was hacked. After a day my new account got banned. I sent a ticket thing and they sent an email back... My case is still new, it's neither assigned or closed. I made so many friends in just a few hours... How are they supposed to know where I went??

Imvu.com Company Information