iFloor.com

Compare Flooring

Research top Flooring recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It took iFloor over 2 months to deliver material that they had in stock. It came severely damaged. I filled out their paperwork and received a written confirmation that they would send out new material and they never did. Besides being damaged it also had a manufacturing defect that was brought to our attention by a professional installer. I filled out the warranty paperwork to get material returned and be refunded. They never picked up the material even though I supplied them with the job site address and repackaged all the material on pallets as instructed. I even took off multiple days from work to meet a driver that never came. It's been 6 months and the material is still sitting in my garage and I have not been refunded my $3,700 plus dollars. I would recommend that no one deal with this horrible company.

I ordered the Odysseus Polar cork flooring for my kitchen. Previously I had white ceramic tile which was very cold on the feet in the winter and fatiguing to stand on for long periods while in the kitchen. I got a great price on the flooring compared to a local store supplying carpet and flooring. It was about $2-$3 less per square foot. The flooring was delivered without any damage (unlike other review complaints) and I had some of our local Amish contractors install the flooring. The only thing I want to mention with the flooring is that some parts show a little bit of a line seam. My installers are very experienced and did their level best but here and there the pieces just did not fit seamlessly. Looks great now, but my concern is after time when dirt gets in the seams you will see a line in the flooring. Something to think about if you're going with a white toned floor like myself. I think a darker floor wouldn't matter so much.

I ordered from iFloor's and on the page I ordered from, it says "Buy with Confidence" 30 day risk-free return! What a joke. What they delivered didn't match AT ALL with their 'sample'. They offered to have me pay for the return and the 'restocking' fee, which came out to be about 50% of the total bill. I even offered to buy a upgraded style from them if they would take back the terrible thing they sent. NO, they said. There is NO customer service. They are awful. I spend so much time talking with so many people to get nowhere!!! STAY AWAY!!!

IFloor sent me their third party molding from moldingsonline.com. What a joke. They weren't even made of the correct species of wood. They were very nice and had me take pictures and fill out their case form that makes no sense for the most part. Cathy said, "I will issue you a refund as soon as FedEx picks up the package." After FedEx picked up the package the runaround started. It has been weeks and still no refund to date. I filed a claim with the credit card company today and because it has been over 30 days I took the problem to the DA's office (California Law). The DA has opened a case.

We have had a horrible experience with this company! We bought wood and transitions for 900 square feet and still have not received our transition pieces two months later. Every time I called I was told it was back ordered. Then they would transfer me to someone to "help" and I would end up in voice mail. Horrible horrible customer service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iFloor.com?

We ordered Hickory wood CS088796 for 1450 Sq Feet. I was told that it would not be available for 4-6 weeks. I called them to cancel the order and just happened to inquire about my second choice CS088796. I was told that was not available either. I asked them to cancel my order and this lady tells me to wait for a moment and comes up telling me that she had found a supplier who did have my wood and would make sure I got it. I said fine thinking I was going to get what I had already ordered. When I got floor they sent me order that was second choice. At no point I ever placed order for second choice! I disputed it and claimed I placed order for second choice. I demanded and they sent me audio of phone conversation and wow, clearly I am right. And now they would not even call me back. Guys and Gals, DO NOT BUY FROM IFLOOR. Lousy service and lousy people.

We bought hardwood for our home from iFloors. The flooring itself was poor quality and the installers had a hard time getting it in place. There was leftover wood we wanted to return; however, the 30 days {{from time of order}} had lapsed. It took 18 days just to get the wood. Each day it was expected all we heard was maybe tomorrow. 3+ days to acclimate and then the difficult installation. Since this was an insurance job we had to wait for acceptance from the insurance company as well. Not happy and won't do it again.

After water mitigation in my private residence in early 2013, the chosen local contractor dispatched a company for a re-installation of my laminate flooring. I chose to purchase the product directly from Pergo, via iFloor.com, a division of Longhua USA. This was not my first Pergo laminate flooring installation. The installers were not seasoned, or knowledgeable of the task, and completed the installation with defective product. This left me with an unsafe flooring surface. The independent inspector dispatched via a request through Pergo did not address the unopened box containing samples of defective merchandise. This complicated my request for a refund.

With due diligence on my part, and a lengthy detailed follow up on the part of iFloor.com/Longhua, Pergo did accept the claim of defective product. It is truly appreciated when a company such as iFloor.com goes to bat for you and bears the brunt of dealing with multiple inspectors, copious photos, numerous emails, etc. They chose to do the right thing, in very difficult situation, resulting in a positive resolution. Needless to say, my current Pergo laminate flooring installation is beautiful, safe, and what I had hoped for all along.

I ordered flooring via the internet, which was on sale and included shipping. This flooring had the same description as the flooring in most of my condo. When it arrived, and my installer could get here to install, it was somewhat different than I expected; however, I had it installed since it was not in an area when you could see from other parts of the home. We were short, approximately 2 - 6 ft pieces. I reordered, same code numbers. This arrived quickly, however, not even close to the original. This started communications with the Support Center at iFLOOR. Everyone was pleasant, helpful, however, saying it was a color deviation, since it was real wood! NOT close.

Then I found Reama **, customer on the Team. She seemed to take a personal interest and quest to satisfy this Customer. She had me take photos, create a timeline and took this to the higher ups for satisfaction. She arranged to have more wood delivered. It can quickly, it was wrong! Still comparing Code numbers and descriptions, it was again, totally different. Finally, she agreed to giving me a credit for the second order. Which, I have received. Reama, gave me the impression she would do anything to help this situation. She was professional at all times, taking time to ask pertinent questions, and advise of her progress. She would follow-up with every effort.

I am disappointed my floor is not complete; however, after working through this with Reama, I am disappointed at the systems of iFLOOR rather than angry. I have learned to purchase more the first time, to eliminate this possibility. Still don't know what I am going to do to make the floor finished. Sad, in a way. Happy to have had the opportunity to work with Reama **! IFLOOR may not have the procedures and systems to assure this could even happen...They do have the right people to represent them!

We attempted to purchase nearly 500 SQFT of hardwood in May and were told that it would take several weeks due to the manufacturer backorder. We called in early June and were told early July, called in July and were told late July. Called in late July and were told August. We called in early August and were told September, at which point we finally cancelled. However, 10 minutes after we cancelled someone at iFloor called us and claims they "located" enough hardwood for our order and could send within a week.

Incredible that in the 3 months they never bothered to contact us about our order. They only attempted to contact us when they were afraid of losing the sale. Not surprised if they were holding inventory for customers that threatened to cancel or actually did cancel. I'll never use this service again. Went to local store and had similar hardwood within a week.

I purchased 500 sq. ft. of hardwoods. I got the shipment incomplete and called ifloor. They said the rest was on a different truck. It actually was never shipped. After 2 weeks, all they can say is sorry. After trying to resolve through BBB, I am now talking to my attorney. They have an 18-year old running their complaint department. Laughable.

I received my flooring. It looked like the end of the pallet had been hit with a fork truck. Some woods were damaged. I took pictures and it was noted on the driver's papers that it was damaged. I sent all info to iFloor and was told that I could use them for ends. I ordered 10% more than I needed, but I told them that it doesn't matter. That I never ordered damaged material. They blew me off, so I guess when I open the other 19 boxes, hard to tell what will happen if more are damaged. Looks like I'm out of luck.

Hi Rhonda,

We are so sorry to hear that you had damage on your shipment! That is always unfortunate and we understand how frustrating that can be.

We have been trying to reach you for several weeks but cannot find you in our system.

We would love to help you. Please call us at 800-732-6946 at your earliest convenience to talk about how we can help you.

iFloor Customer Service Team

We did a lot of homework before ordering cork from iFloor. Ultimately, we were lured in by the price. Big mistake! We ordered over 1500sqf of cork. Upon receipt, 4 boxes arrived damaged. We immediately contacted the company and requested an exchange or refund for the 4 damaged boxes and sent pictures. They refuse to give a full refund or do an exchange. Lots of runaround. Worst service we have experienced. Not worth saving a few dollars. The testament of a decent company is how they stand by their products and handle problems (especially ones that are not the customer's fault). Just trying to warn good honest people, who might be tempted by the low prices, to spend their hard-earned money elsewhere.

Consumer Increased Rating!

iFloor contacted me and spent considerable time working with me to resolve my issue. I no longer feel that they sent me the wrong product, but rather that there was a mis-communication, exacerbated by my time restrictions and compounded by a superficial review of my case early on.

I believe that I unfairly labeled them as deceitful based on this mis-communication and after spending substantial time getting to know their business, I will definitely purchase from them again.

Bruce of Charleston, SC on

Original Review

I requested some samples from their sales representatives which arrived and looked just fine. I selected a bamboo engineered product with a generous amount of bamboo over an engineered lock together system. I placed the order ($1500 worth), but was having it sent to a property I own in a different state than my residence. I had a friend receive the product and check for damage and count the boxes etc, but it did not occur to me to verify that they sent what I actually ordered. I arrived 10 days later to install the flooring, only to find that I had been sent a far inferior product. I called and was immediately given the runaround. They found every excuse to deny my claim, including lying. Unfortunately, I was on a tight schedule, had lots more work to complete before I returned home and was therefore at their mercy. This company sucks. They are dishonest and deceitful. I strongly encourage you to purchase your flooring from a more reputable company. Do not be lured by their low prices. They will cheat you.

I ordered 1500 sq ft of hardwood flooring from iFloor after reading about them in Consumer Reports. I thought "give it a try". Oh boy, big mistake! They sent me the wrong floor; my husband unloaded 71 boxes of the wrong flooring. I was told by iFloor they had shipped what I ordered. Well no, you did not so. I had to provide pictures of the sample (which I was told was labeled wrong) and pictures of the actual flooring. Many phone calls continued back and forth. I had charged the purchase so I called the credit company and denied the charge. Well, that got someone’s attention and I started getting some solutions.

Bottom line, they reshipped the correct floor and I sent back the wrong floor. But let me tell you this was not a simple task; they had trouble finding a company to come and pick it up. I had to arrange the pick-up and made many phone calls... grrrrr! We had to find pallets to put the 71 boxes on or no one would come and get it. And yes, we had to unload the correct 71 boxes. A lot of work and frustration - I would not do this again! Not worth all the time I had to spend and labor my family had to do!

We were so sorry for Carlie and the problem she had with her flooring. We understand how frustrating that situation can be. After she notified us of the issue we worked tirelessly to help resolve it as soon as we could.

We requested that Carlie to send us photos because photos provide us with visual information on a customer’s situation. We must have photos in a situation like this because we are not in our customers’ homes to see what they see. Photos also provide documentation so that we can ensure that something like this does not happen again. Due to what happened with Carlie, we have double checked all of our sample labels to make extra sure that they are labeled correctly and avoid another situation like this.

Regarding the situation surrounding her pick up, arranging the original delivery was challenging due to Carlie’s location, on the coast, 40 miles from the nearest major city. However, we were able to negotiate a pick up for the original shipment and delivery of the new shipment on the same day to minimize inconvenience. We ask that our customers arrange the pick-up appointment because they know their schedule best and it streamlines the appointment process. To help make this process as easy as possible, we coordinated everything except setting the appointment.

We wanted to be sure that we were absorbing all costs associated with the situation, so we refunded Carlie the money she paid a neighbor to load the boxes onto pallets for her. This was in an effort to show her our dedication to her as our customer.

We were not notified of the chargeback until after Carlie received the replacement shipment. That had no weight on the service level we provided her. We tried to be in constant communication with Carlie so that she would be assured we were doing everything we could to help her. We hope that today she has a beautiful floor in her home that she loves and will be happy with for many years to come.

I just ordered 54 boxes of engineered Brazilian Tigerwood for my home. When it showed up, I was immediately nervous when I saw "made in China" stamped on all of the boxes. Sure enough, as I started unpacking boxes, the quality control was awful. Many of the boards are warped and unusable. I'm now in the process of sending it back to them. It's a total nightmare. And of course, they're trying to refuse to give me my money back. Avoid iFloor at all costs.

We received your concern and immediately evaluated your request with our 30-Day Risk Free Guarantee and found that a sample was not requested prior to purchase which would have allowed you to return the entire purchase, for any reason, at no cost to you. We reviewed the information and photos you provided highlighting the concern with the product and found the bow to be well within industry standards. We are confident that you can successfully install this product in your home without experiencing concern or issue. We understand that some customers would prefer an alternative professional unbiased opinion which is why we offered the option of an independent certified inspection. Regardless of our position regarding your concern, if the inspection report found the product to be defective we would stand behind their findings. iFLOOR does own forests and factories in China; we play an integral role in the standards set for the quality of our products and hold ourselves accountable for providing the best possible service and products in the industry.

We ordered and installed beautiful cork floors from iFloor less than a year ago. We upgraded the liner and they are in a summer room, so there is in fact very little foot traffic. Well they are now fading and starting to pop, so I emailed iFloor for the past three days and have gotten no response. I find this very unprofessional and not very good customer service. We love the look of our floors and really just want them to work with us. Hmm... I guess as soon as they get your money, they just don't want anything else to do with you!

Thank you for your comments. I,m not sure what e-mail address you sent your comments to. I show no record of you being a customer of ifloor.com and no record of an e-mail from you. Is it possible that you purchased your product from IFLOOR inc.? If so, that company has been out of business since November 2008. The domain name ifloor.com wass purchased by Longhua usa and currently sells its own, factory direct Bamboo, Laminate, Hardwood and some cork flooring. The current domain name has nothing to do with the old IFLOOR.inc

However , if you still would like some advice regarding your current problem, please call and we will help with any information we can.

Customer Service

I made a purchase on 11/26/08 for 300 sf of laminated flooring. This product had to be shipped from Charlotte, NC. The salesman assured me that I would receive my floors by 12-05-08. I called several times and spoke with Timothy about my order. He informed me that my order was en route and that it should be at the store by 12-05-08. I even received a email from iFloor that my shipment was en route. But needless to say that when I drove up to the store on Friday, 12-05-08, the store was closed. I called every number that I had on this company to find out what was going on.

Finally, the next day, there was a recording that stated that the company had filed for BK Chapter 11 but was having a big sale in a couple of days. I'm very upset and disappointed with the way iFloor is handling this matter. No call, letter, no floors and on top of that, my money is gone. Now they want me to contact their attorney to try to get this resolved. I have left several messages to the attorney - no response. This is poor business. Something needs to be done.

ifloor.com domain name was purchased out of bankruptcy by the current owners. The current owners understand that the previous owners bankruptcy left many customers unresolved. The new online business is factory direct, owned by the factory and is committed to longterm customer service.

We placed an order for flooring in Aug 2007. Was told that when it was delivered to their Bensenville, Illinois warehouse we would be contacted to come & pick it up. Was in the process of laying the flooring that we had purchased from them in 2004 when we realized that we were never called to come & pick it up & contacted iFloor in Aug 2008. Was told that it would take a while to locate my flooring and that we had no right to be upset or concerned since it had been a year since we placed the order. Over the last 3 months, we were told that the Bensenville warehouse is no longer in operation, that it was shut down around September of 2007, that whatever stock was there was shipped to a central warehouse in Washington.

It is now December. Have been in contact with them constantly. They have not come up with my flooring that I paid for nor have a replacement that was similar, despite me driving to their local store to compare products several times, sending samples of the flooring that I currently have - at cost to me - to California to have someone compare it to the stock there which didn't match. Aaron ** offered to refund money & when I contacted them to have a settlement from them because I was able to locate a floor from competitor, they offered to refund my original amount plus 5% but not to cover the cost of the floor. I have since attempted contacting them by phone several times & by email to no avail. I called them today & suddenly they are filing Chapter 11 as of December 4th (according to their message).

We ordered laminate flooring due to be in store on 12/2/2008. When we did not hear from them, we drove to the store to find out that the store went out of business yesterday, 12/2/2008. Of course, they have my $2,000.00.

We purchased 1200 sq ft of laminate flooring from iFloor.com (online-big mistake). We installed one room and noticed something was wrong. Everything stained the floor even the laminate cleaner. We put in a claim with iFloor and they sent an Independent inspector who found nothing wrong (big surprise). They refuse to do anything more. Now we are stuck with a floor we cannot use.

Purchased engineered wood laminate flooring that has a lifetime warrantee against failure. After a short time the floor began to peel, separate and chip anywhere there was any traffic. iFloor told us they would contact the manufacturer but offered no replacement or refund. After over a year of putting us off, we went to small claims court and won a judgment. iFloor still will not cooperate and seems to not care so we are continuing collection procedures.

Flooring failed to perform up to any minimum standard and looks and feels very bad now.

I tried, unsuccessfully, 4 times to place an order. I finally gave up and called and cancelled the order. The first time I gave them my ATM information and was told that they would not put it thru to my bank until the order was completed. I never OK'd or completed the order. They sent me the order and a form to authorize withdrawal of $4055 from my bank account.

The order was incorrect and I called a second time, but got another person who proceeded to take the whole order again. This happened repeatedly 4 times in total. I never completed the order and I never signed the bank authorization, but they caused $4055 to be removed from my bank balance and now I cannot get it undone. I called them and they say they cannot send in an order to my bank to remove it. I went to the bank and they say they cannot undo it unless the oder goes thru and posts.

This company has control over my money unauthorized and now I am faced with the possibility of checks I've written bouncing. Now, I have checks coming thru and my money is tied up by this company. This was a nightmare experience and these people were very incompetent changing their stories every time I attempted to straighten it out. They do not post the name of the company that owns this company nor do they respond to me when I ask for the name of the CEO. I just emailed and asked for the name of the holding company. How do I find out who the company is and how to contact the owner of the company?

This company has sent in an unauthorized withdrawal notice to my bank for an order that was not approved or completed. I had to withdraw $5000 from my CD to cover any checks that might post before this is solved. I have lost 2 days of work trying to place an order and undoing their incompetent handling of this transaction.

Expert Review

Joseph TruiniHome Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.    More about Joseph→

Ifloor.com pioneered online floor shopping in 1998. Its international distribution center is based in Tukwila, Washington, and the company has physical locations in Washington state and Georgia where consumers can see flooring in person.

• Discount rates: Ifloor.com buys product in bulk amounts from factories, bypassing the markups that distributors and flooring retailers add. They offer a low-price guarantee on all products.
  • Products: Ifloor.com sells hardwood, laminate, bamboo, cork and vinyl plank flooring. The retailer also sells underlayment materials as well as installation and maintenance materials.
  • Free samples: Get up to five flooring samples free with express shipping.
  • Customer support: Live online chat and phone consultations seven days a week are available.
  • Free in-home quotes: Customers in certain areas of Washington state and Georgia are eligible for free assessments and quotes in their homes.
  • Best for Online shoppers especially benefit from ifloor.com, particularly if they’re budget minded, want to save time and/or prefer to shop from the comfort of their home.

Compare Flooring