Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5

Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Hulu Reviews

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I love Hulu Live! Have had no problems with it, clear pictures, it's only gone down once in my condos but the issue I have is with billing! It went from $34.99 to $44.99 to now $54.99 in a matter of 4 months. I would let go of my other cable service and just go with them if I were sure they would keep raising it! With no contract THAT is the scary thing!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

After subscribing to Hulu + LiveTV for a while, I finally canceled it. I got a lot of content for the money, and the service worked fine reliability wise. The user interface is clumsy at best, but tolerable. However, I discovered that they were getting sneaky with their billing practices. They raised my monthly fee in December 2019 by $10 with no advance notice via e-mail. So, I downgraded to their basic $5.99 package. However, it keeps trying to get you to upgrade to their Live TV package on-screen. Even though we say "No", it still upgraded us, again with no e-mail confirmation or anything. The only reason I noticed it is because PayPal notified me. There is no way to stop this one-click solicitation and billing trick, and so if you have kids, be careful.

Consequently, I just canceled it altogether. Hulu is just too sneaky. If they just e-mails notifying you of changes to your account, this would help, but they don't. There is no option online to receive billing e-mails but block marketing ones. I thought that I should post this just so that other consumers could keep an eye out for these billing tactics.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Every show I have tried to watch works for about half an episode, and then after the second batch of advertisements it loops over the same scene..The scene plays, then plays 100 seconds of advertising, then plays the same exact scene again, then 100 more seconds of advertising, etcetera etcetera. If I try to fast forward over the repeating scene, there are 90 seconds of advertisement and then it says there is a playback failure. Extremely disappointed with this streaming service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I signed up for Hulu with an introductory $0.99/month subscription. This went up to $5.99/month in the thirteenth month, which I expected. Then, suddenly I was charged $54/month for live tv through them. I would never have signed up for that. I have cable, so I don’t need it. I contacted customer service, and was told there was nothing they could do. Also, they told me that I was asked to confirm wanting the additional service 2x. I absolutely was not. Beware of this site! Make sure you check your bill EVERY MONTH!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I didn't have cable. Hulu Live was my cord cutting experience. It's bad enough they went up by ten bucks, but to not be operational during the new year's Eve ball drop is ridiculous. I fought sleep to watch that and the service went out ten minutes before midnight. Well, looks like I'll be giving Sling a try. Or hell, may as well go back to cable with the amount they're charging with no improvement in service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

On December 1st of this year I purchased Hulu TV for $1.99 a month. I December 7 my husband accidentally pressed the Live TV button which charged us almost 40 more dollars. I immediately called hulu to tell them of the mistake. The 1st 2 people I talk to refuse to help me. After a 3rd phone call I finally reached a supervisor who is shared me he would refund my money and put me back at the $1.99 a month price. I looked at my bill today December 29th and they're charging me $5.99 a month and there was no refund. Since they are refusing to do what they told me that they would do and the phone call was recorded I have filed a complaint with consumer affairs I have also written the CEO a letter and I've also given them a bad review on Facebook. I cannot believe that this is how customer service Is so absent in today's world.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

This month, December 2019, Hulu is raising their Hulu Live price to $54.99. That’s on the high end of providers and might be okay for a live streaming service that delivered. Hulu does NOT. I’ve subscribed to Hulu for about 7 years and was pretty happy until a few months ago. I subscribe to Hulu Live, so I get local broadcast channels live.

A couple months ago, my local NBC affiliate started cutting out and I can no longer watch it live. I called Hulu and they said it was MY problem. A month later, I called again and they said they were having a problem. No discount though. A month later, I called again - they fixed the problem and it’s MY problem again. After 4 months of this, now my local CBS station is starting to cut out. Still no discount offered, but an announcement they are RAISING the price! If you want to watch television a day after it airs, no live TV, no local, the Basic Hulu at $5.99 is well worth it. But if you want live local service, this isn’t it - at ANY price.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

New customer who signed up to try HULU for a second home up in the mountains. Impossible to get anything to work despite ordering most expensive plan and when I tried to call for assistance HULU buries customer service contact info so deeply that no one could ever find. Extremely disappointed and not what I expect from a Disney company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This is the absolute worst streaming service for live tv, their regular product without live TV is very good but it stops there, it sucks for any live programming & even worse for watching sports. With a $60 price tag I could go elsewhere and get much better. Can't wait for my 1 month to end so I can cancel.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I have actually had a streaming account with Hulu for a number of years and paid 11.99 per month. It basically just had a few things I liked to watch one being Handmaid's Tale. I have never watched too terribly much on Hulu and when Handmaid's Tale's season ended, I decided to cancel it. Subsequently, I received a monthly bill of $63.97. I cancelled it again and this month got a bill of $73.96. So this month I called to have it cancelled and also asked that they refund the last two months' billings. They said they cancelled my subscription, but would not refund the money. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was put on terminal hold and finally was disconnected. No I am to Happy with Hulu and their customer service or the lack thereof. I will not be re-subscribing anytime in the future.

Hulu Company Information