3.96/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 7, 2017

53 Hulu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I love the fact that I can cut the cord from expensive cable and I can keep up on General Hospital which I have been watching since 1978. The variety of programming is great.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

One thing about Hulu that's better than Netflix they have boobies. I know what I'm renting. I can look it up easy. They have a lot of 80s teen comedies that I grew up with and I enjoyed Netflix not so much and you have to guess what you're watching on Netflix as far as boobies.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Hulu has a mixture of TV shows and movies. Being older, I love the oldies shows but I also like some of the new shows too. Movies are well organized into genres so I can find what I'm in the mood to watch. Sure beats paying for Cable TV.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Hulu is very easy to use and I love the price, I like that I don't have to deal with such high cable bills... such a waste of money!!! If you want to pay for new stuff it is set up so you can do that!!! I love, love it and it saves me so much money!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

They offer lots, I am still on the fence about the value. I will know more about I could say better. Picture quality is good as long as I have had it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

There are just a few random movies, like Wild Hogs, Mamma Mia, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I would like to watch occasionally. Would be cool if I could stream Big Bang Theory and or Fox News, as well.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I just don't watch much television and there's nothing Hulu has that I ever want to watch. If it wasn't for my son watching WWE, I wouldn't have any need for it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have used Hulu for about 2 years now and I do like it. They have a lot of shows I used to watch and it's been fun seeing them again so many years later. My kids like some of the shows they offer as well. My only problems with Hulu that I don't have with Netflix are the price is higher and you actually have to pay extra if you don't want commercials (Netflix doesn't do that) and Hulu doesn't let you download shows to watch on the road (without using WiFi). Overall I do prefer Netflix over Hulu but I have them both.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Just didn't have the content I was looking for. I thought it would be like watching live TV, it was not! Streaming was choppy and froze during shows.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Hulu has a great price, variety movies and shows. Love that especially my money isn't being wasted. I was a customer with DirecTV since 2004, was ok until they kept going up on prices and started taken money out of my account.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

It's like having live tv ! Only you choose what to watch! They even have current news stations and stream these live!! You don't even need cable anymore!! It's a lot less expensive that way too!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I watch mainly on Roku and the interface is less than optimal, other than that I continue to subscribe because I enjoy the variety of shows and especially the selection of movies offered.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Hulu is very hard to figure out compared to Netflix where it is easy to find what you’re looking for. Hulu is suppose to stay up to date on tv shows. They don't anymore. They run slow, lose signal too many commercials. Not worth the money anymore.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We have tried to use Hulu for years and we don't have cable so we rely heavily on wifi. To date our Hulu streaming has been virtually nonexistent. We hit a program on Hulu for a clue of minutes and then the screen go blank without fail. I am so disappointed with their service and we are ready to discontinue Hulu.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Being able to watch TV shows the day after they come out is the best. Hulu has some movies and series that are not on Netflix which is great. I also like the ease of their website.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Hulu was better before all of the commercials! They offer commercial-free viewing for an additional $5 a month. There are more commercials on Hulu (for $7.99 monthly) than on regular television. They do have a lot of content, but I'm not paying $7.99 monthly for all those ads!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I know others that really love Hulu more than Netflix but I don't think that Hulu is that great. I need to really check it out first before I say bad things.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Hulu is my second favorite streaming channel after Netflix. It has some unique original programming, and a wide variety of TV shows and movies for all generations.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We had Hulu and another streaming service at the same time. We found Hulu to be difficult to navigate and find what you want to watch. There are more current program options available on Hulu as well as programs not found on other streaming services but those few shows did not make it an economical choice for just a few shows.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I don't record TV shows, so when I miss a show I can easily catch on my favorite programs. I also like that it tells how many shows are available that I haven't seen.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I'd rather watch Hulu over basic cable so I can avoid the constant commercials. There are great options for TV but the movies could be much better.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

We've subscribed to Hulu since the beginning (when it was free). However they have been instrumental in helping traditional media and studio companies understand and create streaming rights that give cable cutters like me a plethora of options on viewing the latest TV shows, as well as classic movies and television and even premium Showtime!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We switched from our cable provider because of high cost, and went with Hulu. Overall the experience has been good. Their rewind options on their app could use work. Netflix rewind, fast forward options are great so use that as a model. Their original content is great, but the choice in newer movies and classics need updating to say the least.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We love Hulu and the documentaries and animal shows. There are lots of show to choose from and you couldn't go wrong with the price. We will never go back with DirecTV again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I enjoy Hulu, because it allows me to watch shows I missed on TV on channel 7 and Free Form, plus I enjoy watching a few of Hulu original shows such as Casual.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I find myself watching Hulu more than ever. I have the opportunity to watch complete older series I had never watched before. I opted for the commercial free plan after a while because the repeat of the same commercials over and over got tiring and it seemed to cure a problem I had with streaming issues. Customer service has always been wonderful. The only complaint I have is the limitation of episodes for some current television shows i.e. only showing the last 5 episodes.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

They have a few shows that are great but not enough original content. I canceled Hulu and bought Gaia. So obviously I felt there was better content.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Buffers always. Too many old movies and foreign ones. Always cuts out in the middle of a movie can't get it back. It's a low price but for the trouble we have should be less. Add sports events.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I just started with Hulu and there are some bothersome issues I've had with it. Most shows I watch lock up at several points during the shows and I miss part of the shows. My upload speed meets/exceeds the recommended speeds but it always happens. I honestly don't know what's causing it, Hulu, the Vizio TV or the wi-fi router. I'm on a free trial now and if it doesn't get any better, I'll cancel. Amazon Video and Netflix both work fine on the TV.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am very pleased w/ Hulu. I love the way I can get my current shows quickly, better than on demand from cable. I would recommend a subscription to everyone I know and I have, I love the Hulu originals... Excellent!

Hulu expert review by Jonathan Trout

Hulu is headquartered in Los Angeles and is owned by The Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Comcast and Time Warner. You can watch current and past TV shows from its owners’ networks and content partners. It recently started offering a live TV streaming monthly subscription.

• Hulu limited: Hulu’s limited package costs $7.99 per month. Limited means you’ll have to sit through short commercials throughout the shows you’re streaming. You have unlimited access to the Hulu streaming library where you can watch full seasons of past and current shows, movies, kids shows and Hulu Original shows. You can also choose add-ons such as HBO, Cinemax and Showtime.

• Hulu regular: For $11.99 per month, you can get commercial-free streaming; however, the fine print states some shows will still show commercials due to streaming rights. You still get everything the Hulu limited plan offers in addition to your commercial free (or almost commercial free) streaming.

• Hulu with live TV: Hulu with live TV gives you all of the benefits of a regular Hulu subscription plus live TV. Stream over 50 live and on-demand channels including popular news, sports and entertainment. You can choose add-ons like a cloud DVR and the ability to watch content on unlimited screens. A live TV subscription is $39.99 per month.

• No commitment: Hulu’s TV and movie streaming packages give you a 30-day free trial, and their live TV package gives you a seven-day free trial. After your trial is up, your monthly payments begin, but you can cancel online at any time.

• Supported devices: Stream Hulu on smart TVs, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV and TV Stick and Chromecast.

• Multiple devices: You can stream from up to two devices at once with Hulu’s plans.

• Best for: people wanting access to past and current TV shows and movies, as well as a live TV option.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout