1.92/5

308 Hulu Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 19, 2019

We watch streaming services mostly because there are no advertising interruptions. And they have the shows we mostly want to watch. We do wish they had more TV Shows from the 1950s 1960s 1970s. We like the older TV shows because they offer better morals and social skills. And better written scripts for the actors. The only thing Today's Shows seems to offer are better CGI Computer Graphic Integration & higher resolution. We could do without the social engineering / political views from the Left. We could use a better rating system for our children. Many Directors / Producers / Writers seem to think that graphic violence, sexual content, and bad language can make up for their lack of creativity.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I use my laptop to watch everything, I no longer have a working TV. I like the fact a lot of what I watch is on Hulu and I also have HBO through them. Even with my gripes I most likely will continue to use Hulu. The new interface on Hulu is terrible, my TV shows are not aligned properly, the series I continue to watch are not grouped together and I have to look down my long list to see if there is a show to watch if I watched. At times it says I watched yet says I have x amount I did not watch, when I am actually up to date.

I have called them a few times and they are aware of the problem but it's never fixed and it's been about a year maybe longer. I have it set so it doesn't go to the next show, it tends to show me programs I have already seen and I am up to date on shows and movies not on my list. If you have an old pc and or your internet is slow, you will have problems watching. It seems their standards are higher than other platforms like Netflix.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Hulu is the best at bringing Network ABC/CBS programing and their original programing is good. I do believe the interface and program tracking algorithm could be refined, as sometimes it is unclear without scrolling through screens as to what is new when you are following multiple shows. I use a Roku Ultra. Other than that, it meets my needs when it comes to the shows we like to watch. The content is expanding, however not at the rate other service are. All in all it is a great service and I do not plan on dropping it. It is a great alternative to network/cable TV. Keep up the good work!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I’m reading these reviews stating they are still getting ads on their no ad subscription. If people take the time to research the product they are buying Hulu clearly states some series will have limited ads. I have watched a ton of shows and still have not come across one with ads. Obviously if you are watching a show live with Hulu live there are going to be ads, realistically how could there not be ads. I am not swayed by the poor reviews because by researching any product, you know what you are getting. Paying around $50 a month is much cheaper than what cable or DirecTV charge! Very happy with Hulu no ads. Will be upgrading to live soon.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My situation is unique that I receive Xfinity with my HOA but I did not want cords all over my house. So I chose Hulu with most of the bells and whistles for $64 per month. It served it's purpose because most channel apps did not link with Xfinity. Two years later Xfinity has its own app and most channel with their independent app do link now. So Hulu is no longer cost effective for my home. Keep in mind that when you sign up for commercial free with Hulu; very few shows are commercial free and DVR shows you have to fast forward through them. If you don't have cable then Hulu is an excellent service.

If you have their live TV add on you can use them as a TV provider for a lot of channel apps. If you do have cable it's not worth the cost. Xfinity's app does not count against your usage on the wifi (if you have Xfinity as your internet provider). If you use Hulu and have 4 adults you will need to pay extra for unlimited streaming with your WiFi service. I highly recommend Hulu for anyone who does not have cable. But if you have cable and just don't want the cords, just use the independent apps. I cancelled Hulu, Netflix, and CBS all access and am saving almost $100 per month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?

Original review: June 20, 2019

Very bad application for Apple TV and laptop. Keeps crashing in the middle of the movie all the time. Right now in "my stuff" it shows only 5 RANDOM series out of 25 that should be there in one order. I honestly don't know what I am paying for. Netflix much better.

Original review: June 19, 2019

So I'm trying to watch a show only on Hulu, South Park. It was fine for a while then the thing just started getting slower or random crashes.... like saying the show isn't available or just not showing the episodes when I click on the series. I opened up Netflix and choose a show and it was so fast and started playing with no problem. Hulu kinda sucks tbh... Don't get it. It has shows like Rick and Morty and South Park and that's the only good reason to have it.

Original review: June 19, 2019

HULU is fortunate that other streaming companies does not offer its content for LIVE TV. There is always an issue. I could be home at 10am on a Wednesday and I will have a buffering or playback issues OFTEN! It does not make sense. I can not blame my internet because I do not have issues doing anything else. And being an IT guy, it is even more frustrating!

Original review: June 18, 2019

I purchased Hulu + Live TV to stream the Milwaukee bucks game/tournament. My service (live stream) worked fine until a couple days ago. I contacted hulu thru the "chatbot" and then ended up chatting with an agent. After an hour or two of trying to fix the problem, they couldn't help resolve my issue by saying my internet wasn’t good enough to stream live TV. If it wasn’t good enough it would have never let me watch the basketball finals on live stream tv in the first place!!!! So I cancelled my subscription because it doesn’t let me view/stream anything from hulu at all and they won’t prorate the rest of the subscription. Big thumbs down, I'll make sure to let everyone I know not to purchase hulu...

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had Hulu with ads. It was okay for a while - a few weeks - but I always had streaming issues with the ads, so that I was watching a frozen screen with every ad. Then the search option stopped working, and the overall program began working incredibly slow. At the same time Amazon and Vudu work just fine. So it's not on my end, it's on theirs. Definitely not worth my time, even if it were free. Two thumbs down, way down.

Hulu expert review by Jonathan Trout

Hulu is headquartered in Los Angeles and is owned by The Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Comcast and Time Warner. You can watch current and past TV shows from its owners’ networks and content partners. It recently started offering a live TV streaming monthly subscription.

• Hulu limited: Hulu’s limited package costs $7.99 per month. Limited means you’ll have to sit through short commercials throughout the shows you’re streaming. You have unlimited access to the Hulu streaming library where you can watch full seasons of past and current shows, movies, kids shows and Hulu Original shows. You can also choose add-ons such as HBO, Cinemax and Showtime.

• Hulu regular: For $11.99 per month, you can get commercial-free streaming; however, the fine print states some shows will still show commercials due to streaming rights. You still get everything the Hulu limited plan offers in addition to your commercial free (or almost commercial free) streaming.

• Hulu with live TV: Hulu with live TV gives you all of the benefits of a regular Hulu subscription plus live TV. Stream over 50 live and on-demand channels including popular news, sports and entertainment. You can choose add-ons like a cloud DVR and the ability to watch content on unlimited screens. A live TV subscription is $39.99 per month.

• No commitment: Hulu’s TV and movie streaming packages give you a 30-day free trial, and their live TV package gives you a seven-day free trial. After your trial is up, your monthly payments begin, but you can cancel online at any time.

• Supported devices: Stream Hulu on smart TVs, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV and TV Stick and Chromecast.

• Multiple devices: You can stream from up to two devices at once with Hulu’s plans.

• Best for: people wanting access to past and current TV shows and movies, as well as a live TV option.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout