2.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

233 Hulu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have had Hulu+ for 3 or more yrs, always paid 11.99 plus tax comes to 12.43 per month. I haven't watched it in a while but still paid every month. I used to be able to watch anything and it was usually on the current season that was on TV. I wanted to catch up on some of my shows like Grey's Anatomy and NCIS Los Angeles but when I went to watch there is a lock and a message stated my subscription didn't cover watching the same shows I have always watched in the past... Pissed beyond belief. I cancelled my subscription today, there are always other streaming options. Thanks for screwing over your loyal customers.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This company has A+ content available. They know it, and act accordingly. Their coding and UX 'teams' are laughably bad... There are SO many design element problems on their website and apps, I can NOT believe that they have hired anyone with a design or UX degree... Ever. They ALSO obviously pay for a number of reviews... Note how any review website with actual live reviews from real humans is 1-2 stars. Whereas reviews from 'accredited' sources (I'M LOOKING AT YOU PC MAGAZINE) are all perfect 5 stars... Lol maybe try not to be SO blatant about your social engineering? Maybe put some of that money into a better design and usability for your paying customers? Oh! Let's not forget their aggressive pruning of ANY dissent or criticism on their 'forums'... This company defines failure when it comes to customer service and QoL.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Hulu is my second streaming subscription. I only have it for certain things, their original series & special events - Handmaid's Tale, The Path, Looming Tower, etc. Also got the SHO add-on for Escape at Dannemora, but I'll be keeping it to start Enemies, Homeland & Ray Donovan now that I'm retired & have several hours more a day free!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

So I just bought a new Samsung Blu-ray player with all the latest technology... except for the Hulu app. On my laptops, PS4 and tablets; anything on my watchlist will automatically play the next episode, but the Hulu app on my new Blu-ray player continues to play some bs that I do not want to see at all or even have on my radar. Even when I go to my watchlist it still goes to the show I do not want to see. Why in the world would any business put their app on a device that does not work properly and cannot be updated?! WARNING... Do not buy a device based on the fact of the applications it has installed on it because most likely, they will not work properly and will stop working all together! I AM ABOUT TO GET RID OF HULU.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've been with Hulu streaming Service for many years. Switch from Netflix because too many changes. The Hulu service has an very nice UI, I can easily find my favorite TV Shows and Movies. I'm very pleased with the subscription and service. Thank so much for being there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I bought a Hulu gift card to watch Modern Family like from season 1 and they just had season 10 so I basically wasted my money. So Hulu get back on your **. I’m disappointed. And what’s more annoying is that me and my boyfriend went to CVS to get a Hulu gift card and they just had $25 ones and we bought it anyway because we thought it was worth it but I guess not. Smh.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I use my laptop to watch everything, I no longer have a working TV. I like the fact a lot of what I watch is on Hulu and I also have HBO through them. Even with my gripes I most likely will continue to use Hulu. The new interface on Hulu is terrible, my TV shows are not aligned properly, the series I continue to watch are not grouped together and I have to look down my long list to see if there is a show to watch if I watched. At times it says I watched yet says I have x amount I did not watch, when I am actually up to date.

I have called them a few times and they are aware of the problem but it's never fixed and it's been about a year maybe longer. I have it set so it doesn't go to the next show, it tends to show me programs I have already seen and I am up to date on shows and movies not on my list. If you have an old pc and or your internet is slow, you will have problems watching. It seems their standards are higher than other platforms like Netflix.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Hulu is awesome. Gives me choices in plans to decide what I can afford. My daughter and I each have our favorite shows/series to watch. From comedy to drama and original shows I'm getting the best bang for my buck.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Had HULU+TV since I needed local TV channels, CNBC, FOX news, CNN, ETC. Soon had problems with breakup, lockup, etc. in middle of programs. Know it was HULU since I now have "YOUTUBE TV" with no such problems. "YOUTUBE TV" is slightly cheaper monthly. It also has all the channels mentioned above. The main reason for the change was for the instability of HULU.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The shows are good and the interface is good. Being able to watch it on my Apple TV is good too. But it HAS SO MANY ADS. I use paid streaming services so that I don't have to watch ads but Hulu you pay for and you get ads. And the ads repeat. Once my free trial ended, I kept it for one month to finish Handmaid's Tale, and then cancelled.

Hulu expert review by Jonathan Trout

Hulu is headquartered in Los Angeles and is owned by The Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Comcast and Time Warner. You can watch current and past TV shows from its owners’ networks and content partners. It recently started offering a live TV streaming monthly subscription.

• Hulu limited: Hulu’s limited package costs $7.99 per month. Limited means you’ll have to sit through short commercials throughout the shows you’re streaming. You have unlimited access to the Hulu streaming library where you can watch full seasons of past and current shows, movies, kids shows and Hulu Original shows. You can also choose add-ons such as HBO, Cinemax and Showtime.

• Hulu regular: For $11.99 per month, you can get commercial-free streaming; however, the fine print states some shows will still show commercials due to streaming rights. You still get everything the Hulu limited plan offers in addition to your commercial free (or almost commercial free) streaming.

• Hulu with live TV: Hulu with live TV gives you all of the benefits of a regular Hulu subscription plus live TV. Stream over 50 live and on-demand channels including popular news, sports and entertainment. You can choose add-ons like a cloud DVR and the ability to watch content on unlimited screens. A live TV subscription is $39.99 per month.

• No commitment: Hulu’s TV and movie streaming packages give you a 30-day free trial, and their live TV package gives you a seven-day free trial. After your trial is up, your monthly payments begin, but you can cancel online at any time.

• Supported devices: Stream Hulu on smart TVs, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV and TV Stick and Chromecast.

• Multiple devices: You can stream from up to two devices at once with Hulu’s plans.

• Best for: people wanting access to past and current TV shows and movies, as well as a live TV option.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout
Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hulu Company Information

www.hulu.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.