3.8/5 (727 ratings)

About Hulu

Hulu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

This disgusting company took 10 times to login with two step verification. I am home ill. I cannot log in. I called. Never got through after 12 minutes. I went on chat. I was number 98. ** them. Thru should be torched. Stealing money and not providing a service. ** you Hulu.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I’m experiencing the worst service. Three times throughout any show the video freezes and displays a buffering mode up until the screen goes black with a message to exit the program and retry. This is the only platform that does this. Cannot enjoy the continuity of watching sports, news, and movies. I’m wasting money on a service I can’t even enjoy.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Sucks. While they do have some series as content, they mostly have useless content. Free services like Tubi have more content. It is cheaper buying boxed sets of series interested in. Even $1 per month was waste of money.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

This is the worst company ever. They have overcharged me 75 dollars since February. Refuse to refund my money. They were rude. Would not let me speak to a supervisor or anything. Worse company I have ever dealt with. Does not care about their customers at all.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Reactivated an old account on 11/08/2022. I was unable to watch a single show/game. Buffering and stuttering are horrible. Up to a dozen stutters every 60 seconds. Shows/games are unwatchable. I followed ALL troubleshooting steps multiple times. Attempted to rectify the issue using Live Chat option. NO solution. Called a Hulu representative. Made multiple attempts to fix the Hulu streaming issues. The problem is not with my equipment.

I called later the same evening to demand a full refund. This process has taken nearly an hour. Hulu representative insists that because I watched a certain number of "shows" to “completion,” regardless of the deplorable quality of the experience; I exceed a so-called number to qualify for a refund. This is a poor choice for a streaming service. While other streaming platforms did not offer as wide-ranging channel selections, at least they worked.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

This would be a 5 star review if they had ever, in the many years I’ve used the service, fixed the volume of the commercials. It’s so bone jarringly loud it’s almost not worth watching. You have to sit with your finger on the mute button or get blasted out of your seat every commercial break. I don’t understand how this problem can persist for years and nothing is done about it. I’ve never seen this problem on any other service. Hulu is our last resort to look for anything to watch because of this one stupid issue. This is particularly problematic if you have neurodiverse family members easily frightened by loud noises. Please, Hulu, normalize your commercial volume.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Canceled my membership a few months ago. Keep getting marketing emails; took up one of the offers only to find out I wasn't able to use it. Then why did you target me via email? You're shady and you lie!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I purchased and used Hulu adtv--wasn't always working, poor quality content and not fresh. But then they emailed and told me that I would no longer be able to watch HULU on my new 5 LG tvs--But I could purchase 5 Roku at $25-35 each plus installation if I wanted--really? Then they informed me they were raising the price by $1.00 a month for ADTV. REally? They make a profit off the ads--why not pass that onto the advertisers instead of the consumer? HULU is owned by Disney--I would recommend boycotting HULU and Disney streaming. There are better streaming options out there with cheaper and better service and fresher content.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Hulu Live has a sufficient amount of content, but there are too many commercials. Sometimes I've had 10 solid minutes of commercials. Other times there are 3-4 minutes of commercials, then a few minutes of the show then back to 3-4 minutes of commercials. Fast forward and rewind often freeze up and then I have to reboot Hulu. Many times when I'm 3/4 of the way through a show it jumps to the beginning of the next episode and I have to stop and go back and find where it left me off. The monthly fee is too high to have to put up with this lousy service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

So I purchaced the live, Disney Plus, no ads package!!! I have just as many ads!!! Hulu can kiss my **. I will not recommend to my worst enemy!! I will cancel at the end of the month!! Hulu you ** suck!!!!

Hulu author review by Jonathan Trout

Hulu is headquartered in Los Angeles and is owned by The Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Comcast and Time Warner. You can watch current and past TV shows from its owners’ networks and content partners. It recently started offering a live TV streaming monthly subscription.

• Hulu limited: Hulu’s limited package costs $7.99 per month. Limited means you’ll have to sit through short commercials throughout the shows you’re streaming. You have unlimited access to the Hulu streaming library where you can watch full seasons of past and current shows, movies, kids shows and Hulu Original shows. You can also choose add-ons such as HBO, Cinemax and Showtime.

• Hulu regular: For $11.99 per month, you can get commercial-free streaming; however, the fine print states some shows will still show commercials due to streaming rights. You still get everything the Hulu limited plan offers in addition to your commercial free (or almost commercial free) streaming.

• Hulu with live TV: Hulu with live TV gives you all of the benefits of a regular Hulu subscription plus live TV. Stream over 50 live and on-demand channels including popular news, sports and entertainment. You can choose add-ons like a cloud DVR and the ability to watch content on unlimited screens. A live TV subscription is $39.99 per month.

• No commitment: Hulu’s TV and movie streaming packages give you a 30-day free trial, and their live TV package gives you a seven-day free trial. After your trial is up, your monthly payments begin, but you can cancel online at any time.

• Supported devices: Stream Hulu on smart TVs, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV and TV Stick and Chromecast.

• Multiple devices: You can stream from up to two devices at once with Hulu’s plans.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team