3.9/5 (1444 ratings)

About Hulu

Hulu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Hulu has some of the best variety of TV shows available. They seem to be updating fairly recently plus you can watch a good amount shows currently on air and including prior seasons. Their movie selection is also pretty good - though that doesn't seem to be the focus.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I love Hulu...gives me the opportunity to watch all my old episodes plus a lot of new show I stumbled upon...lovin it...lovin it. And for the kid shows and movies can't say enough about it. Keeps my 3yo occupied for hours.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I have Streaming TV thru Verizon and the programing is very reasonable which includes Disney+ and Discovery+ for 1 years free. After the 1st. Year it's less than $7.00 a month each. Programing is VAST and I set up my LG 60 Cell Phone with screen share on my 55 inch LG 4k LED TV.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Hulu is an affordable streaming service that offers access to both next day network TV show releases, amazing original series that I’m addicted to, and original movies. They also offer a huge catalog of previously released TV shows and movies. This service is now a must-have for me and I incorporate it along with satellite network TV and other streaming apps each week. For the price I think Hulu is one of the top most valuable streaming apps on par with Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I love streaming. It's low cost and has plenty of programming. We watch every day and I never have to worry about missing my favorite programs. I love streaming movies in the comfort of my own home. I would recommend Netflix and Hulu to everyone.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

They advised free month for signing up with them. I sign up for the 6.99 then decided to upgrade to the as free 12.99. I was charged .41 for the prorated fee okay I’m good with that then I was charged $12.99. When I contacted them I was told that they debit your account then refund it at the end of the “free trial.” I just felt like I was misled and I canceled my subscription. They should make it clear how it works.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

1. The commercials are so loud and a lot of the shows are so quiet so you turn the tv up to hear what you are watching and then deafened by the commercials. 2. When watching a show it will skip half the episode and go to the next episode. It's very frustrating.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

After chatting twice with Hulu support issues streaming CNN remained unresolved. I also added Enhanced DVR so I could fast forward through ads on recorded shows…that doesn’t work either. A help page describes how to resolve this issue by “navigating to Manage My DVR”…however that doesn’t actually exist. After days of frustration, I’ve cancelled Hulu and subscribed to YouTube Live Tv…where I’ve encountered zero issues.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Hulu is TERRIBLE. I never had Hulu, and only used Sling during the football seasons as my husband liked to watch the games. I'm the one who cut the cord. Last year I rec'd a $50 gift card from my employer for Hulu. I finally signed for Hulu in late Feb. I had watched what I wanted to watch on Hulu, so I called them to put it on HOLD. I did the HOLD until 01.07.2022. I rec'd an email from Hulu w/ this Information. I just tried to go on & they have said that I reactivated in May. I did NOT. I know they can see that we have NOT WATCHED any thing since April 2021. They never even sent me an email to say that it was reactivated. So I'm OUT Most of the the gift that my employer gave to me. I have Netflix (from T-Mobile) & I know that every week they are sending me emails suggesting shows that I may like. I do watch a few shows on Netflix.

Again, Hulu is TERRIBLE. The Hulu CSR, Ashley, did try to get my missing funds back, but her supervisor wouldn't do it. I am 64, I know I don't sound like one, but I am. I am good on the computer for my age, but we have to go through Roku to use HULU & we rarely do this. Netflix on a button on our TiVo Control so that's quick & easy.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Online stated a 7 day trial but my account was immediately charged the full amount. I called and the rep said "oh that's a mistake and a lot of people are complaining. We will refund if you haven't watched 6 shows". What? This is a bait and switch. Is this America?

Hulu author review by Jonathan Trout

Hulu is headquartered in Los Angeles and is owned by The Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Comcast and Time Warner. You can watch current and past TV shows from its owners’ networks and content partners. It recently started offering a live TV streaming monthly subscription.

• Hulu limited: Hulu’s limited package costs $7.99 per month. Limited means you’ll have to sit through short commercials throughout the shows you’re streaming. You have unlimited access to the Hulu streaming library where you can watch full seasons of past and current shows, movies, kids shows and Hulu Original shows. You can also choose add-ons such as HBO, Cinemax and Showtime.

• Hulu regular: For $11.99 per month, you can get commercial-free streaming; however, the fine print states some shows will still show commercials due to streaming rights. You still get everything the Hulu limited plan offers in addition to your commercial free (or almost commercial free) streaming.

• Hulu with live TV: Hulu with live TV gives you all of the benefits of a regular Hulu subscription plus live TV. Stream over 50 live and on-demand channels including popular news, sports and entertainment. You can choose add-ons like a cloud DVR and the ability to watch content on unlimited screens. A live TV subscription is $39.99 per month.

• No commitment: Hulu’s TV and movie streaming packages give you a 30-day free trial, and their live TV package gives you a seven-day free trial. After your trial is up, your monthly payments begin, but you can cancel online at any time.

• Supported devices: Stream Hulu on smart TVs, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV and TV Stick and Chromecast.

• Multiple devices: You can stream from up to two devices at once with Hulu’s plans.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team