3.9/5 (1280 ratings)

About Hulu

Hulu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hulu?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Hulu has some of the best variety of TV shows available. They seem to be updating fairly recently plus you can watch a good amount shows currently on air and including prior seasons. Their movie selection is also pretty good - though that doesn't seem to be the focus.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I love Hulu...gives me the opportunity to watch all my old episodes plus a lot of new show I stumbled upon...lovin it...lovin it. And for the kid shows and movies can't say enough about it keeps my 3yo occupied for hours.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I have Streaming TV thru Verizon and the programing is very reasonable which includes Disney+ and Discovery+ for 1 years free. After the 1st. Year it's less than $7.00 a month each. Programing is VAST and I set up my LG 60 Cell Phone with screen share on my 55 inch LG 4k LED TV.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Hulu is an affordable streaming service that offers access to both next day network TV show releases, amazing original series that I’m addicted to, and original movies. They also offer a huge catalog of previously released TV shows and movies. This service is now a must-have for me and I incorporate it along with satellite network TV and other streaming apps each week. For the price I think Hulu is one of the top most valuable streaming apps on par with Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I love streaming. It's low cost and has plenty of programming. We watch every day and I never have to worry about missing my favorite programs. I love streaming movies in the comfort of my own home. I would recommend Netflix and Hulu to everyone.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

They are increasing the monthly subscription and increasing the number of ads you are forced to watch. They have gone from great to horrible. It would be best to find another service, one that cares about the customer experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Signing up for a "free trial" of Hulu streaming is a come on trap that is almost impossible to escape. If people neglect to cancel the free trial within a very limited time frame, Hulu will immediately start billing you every month. Trying to CANCEL the service online is useless. Their online site to request cancellation requests is set up for failure, with a message that continually states, "This site is unavailable now." After many months of failed attempts to CANCEL and request a refund for service I never used, I filed a complaint with the BBB. Subsequently, I received a very convoluted message from Hulu requesting more information, and the problem remains unresolved. Caveat Emptor!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Hulu allows 50 hours of recorded programs or movies. But it has been well over a year that the recording function does NOT function; at least, not as it should. When you set it to record a movie, it records another movie, instead. In fact, if you don't set the record function at all for a week or two, when you return, you find that Hulu has recorded a SLEW of movies you never asked to be recorded! The solution offered by Hulu "support" is to do a Live Chat. Nothing...I repeat...NOTHING...has ever been solved by a Live Chat. You will generally eat up an hour going around and around and around with the "support" agent...getting nowhere. At best, you will be given a "free week" of Hulu. That is, a free week of a streaming service which raises your rate periodically...even as its service decline in quality.

When I first subscribed (3 years ago?), it worked fine. It was easy to get a quick description of any movie being offered simply by hovering over the thumbnail. And the recording function worked as it should. Then they raised their rates. And everything went to **. Are they too busy counting all the extra $$$ they're raking in to fix problems! My advice: if you can find another streaming service that carries the networks you desire, do that.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Hulu is great when it comes to watching the latest shows but they need to improve their page for what movies or what new TV shows they have available for you to watch. Unless you know what movie or shows you want to watch, they don't highlight new series or movies for you to checkout. They are informative about available episodes of shows on your list but not all the various other shows that are available you might want to check out.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

We just canceled our Hulu Live account because of daily outages or being unable to connect. Yes, Hulu, our televisions (purchased new in 2021) and media devices are on your list of devices that work with Hulu Live. My daughter is a decreed IT (4 year college, not a tech certificate) professional. I started my computer and internet education when both were only ideas and concepts, not actual working commodities. I cannot say about your customer service reps who read from the same DIY trouble-shooting info I was looking at on your website and not listening to anything we were saying.

The refund we requested was refused because according to the customer service rep we were using the Hulu Live app. Evidently Hulu thinks staring at a blank TV screen because the Hulu Live app will not connect qualifies as a chargeable service. Based upon our experience, Hulu Live is a total waste of money. Never again, Hulu Live or Hulu anything!

Hulu author review by Jonathan Trout

Hulu is headquartered in Los Angeles and is owned by The Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Comcast and Time Warner. You can watch current and past TV shows from its owners’ networks and content partners. It recently started offering a live TV streaming monthly subscription.

• Hulu limited: Hulu’s limited package costs $7.99 per month. Limited means you’ll have to sit through short commercials throughout the shows you’re streaming. You have unlimited access to the Hulu streaming library where you can watch full seasons of past and current shows, movies, kids shows and Hulu Original shows. You can also choose add-ons such as HBO, Cinemax and Showtime.

• Hulu regular: For $11.99 per month, you can get commercial-free streaming; however, the fine print states some shows will still show commercials due to streaming rights. You still get everything the Hulu limited plan offers in addition to your commercial free (or almost commercial free) streaming.

• Hulu with live TV: Hulu with live TV gives you all of the benefits of a regular Hulu subscription plus live TV. Stream over 50 live and on-demand channels including popular news, sports and entertainment. You can choose add-ons like a cloud DVR and the ability to watch content on unlimited screens. A live TV subscription is $39.99 per month.

• No commitment: Hulu’s TV and movie streaming packages give you a 30-day free trial, and their live TV package gives you a seven-day free trial. After your trial is up, your monthly payments begin, but you can cancel online at any time.

• Supported devices: Stream Hulu on smart TVs, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV and TV Stick and Chromecast.

• Multiple devices: You can stream from up to two devices at once with Hulu’s plans.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team