2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.90/5

HubPages Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HubPages?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HubPages?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

So this company reached out to me yesterday to try to sell me ad space on the first page or Google (mind you, Google does this, not some third party). They then passed me off to what I can only assume is a supervisor. We’ll call him “Bob”. I didn’t have time to speak with Bob yesterday, so I asked for him to call me back today. Bob told me I have a 4.5 Google rating and no customer complaints (which is true), making me believe maybe he did some research on us.

When Bob called me back, he began our conversation with something like “So why can’t we get you?”. Well one, Bob, I never said you couldn’t so don’t start our conversations off with a cheap sales tactic. I informed Bob that my company and I already have a consultant that works with us on SEO, to which he replied, sounding disgusted “A consultant? You don’t even have a website.” Mind you, we do have a website and we do just fine with business. I replied “Actually, we do. You must not know much about us.” Bob then hung up on me. Very unprofessional. Even if I was in the market for a new firm to help with our sales and marketing, this sealed the deal that we were certainly never going to use this one.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I have been with HubPages for 13 years now, and to be honest, it took a couple years for me to even start learning anything worthwhile... However, most of that is because of my own fault as not having quality articles. You can't just slap some words together and copy articles from other webpages, that doesn't work, if you're truly writing an article that you have written, and is easily understandable and well written with good punctuation and grammar, that's all you really need to know. HubPages pretty much does most of the back end part as far as Google and search engines go. It's not hard to figure out at all, it's much better and easier than making your own website. Most of my earnings do come from the Amazon affiliate program which is included and you can opt for in HubPages and the earnings are pretty substantial.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have been with HubPages for 12 years now... At first, I was unsure of myself and after I started to see some earnings come in, it really made me want to write more and write well. HubPages is easy to figure out and you do not need to know any coding at all. I'm finally making a decent amount for the amount of effort that I put in, I cannot complain. A lot of my earnings are coming from being an Amazon affiliate, which is included with HubPages (all you have to do is register for it)-- HubPages directs you. All you have to do is link a product to your article and I get at least 10 orders a day. I have never not been paid! Best place to write short articles for and I've tried several. Not sure what others are doing wrong, but I have never had a problem.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When Squidoo was acquired by HubPages in October, 2014, I was one of the contributors who came along for the ride. As I recall, 40 or 50 of my Squidoo "lenses" were converted to HubPages. I began to make money; not much, but a little each month. I was not an active contributor. Still, I made the occasional Amazon sale and was averaging about $2.50 in HubPages earnings each month during the first year. (My primary online earnings come from Zazzle, and that's where I spend most of my time.) Still, I expected that even doing nothing with my HP account, I would reach the $50 payout in about two years...and then close it out. But that is not the way HubPages plays the game.

If you are not an ACTIVE contributor who continues to jump over the many additional hurdles HP places in your way on the way to a payout, you will simply NEVER be paid. Two years in, i.e., by October, 2016, my earnings stood at just short of $45. I thought that, surely, within a year I would reach the $50 payout threshold. But, you see, HubPages controls exactly how much you are paid for views. By continually lowering the amount paid per view, they can determine when...or IF...you will ever be paid.

Currently, my balance stands at $47.84. In the entire month of July, 2018, I have earned...TWO CENTS! It should be obvious to everyone, as it is to me, that HubPages has absolutely NO intention of ever paying me $50. If they have to reduce my earnings to half a penny per day in order to avoid a payout, they can and will do that. The moral of this story is that unless you plan to devote a significant portion of every day to HubPages...writing new material, constantly polishing previously published hubs and promoting them, and jumping through ever more hoops and over ever more hurdles, do not waste your time with these people.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have to 100% agree with the posts here stating that any hubs about Christianity will be unpublished. That is true. Christians get banned very easily from forums and Q & A's, while liberals and non-believers get away with everything. The administrators have their favorites, and they will side with them every time. I got banned after two years after having an argument with several non-Christians. We all got into it, but I alone was punished and not them. Offer any kind of biblical argument, and it's "hate speech."

Original review: April 8, 2018

HubPages is a great free platform for writers to publish their works. I have been with HubPages for a little over three years now and have no complaints. My articles I have published with HubPages earn more than any of my stand alone blogs. You will not get traffic overnight, so don't jump in feet first expecting to make money on day one. It takes time, and you need a basic understanding that online content writing varies greatly from just writing in general.

HubPages is a template based publishing services completely free to the writers who contribute to it. They have a great indexed section of tutorials on the 'how to's' of getting your articles up to QA standards to be published and featured and every aspect of the in and out's of HubPages in general. HubPages also gives you access to a staff of professional editors that can and will edit your 'hubs'.

I reach and exceed payout threshold every month with HubPages and have never had an issue getting my pay. In fact my payments are like clockwork and always on time without delay. I would encourage anyone thinking about starting a blog to start by submitting content through HubPages. HubPages allows your articles that are stellar to be featured on 23 of their niche sites, all curated content specified to once website that allows for a lot of a traffic to funnel into various hubs you have published. With HubPages you also have access to a large community of writers who are all very helpful and often provide feedback on any writings you may struggle with to get published.

There are several reviews here that are indeed not of HubPages nor from writers who contribute to the website. These are people who were contacted by some other entity attempting to scam them, to my knowledge HubPages never contacts anyone by phone. They also do not offer any SEO or paid services. So it is indeed a disservice to them that they are being reviewed on such. A really great free publishing platform for everyone from a novice writer to a professional to contribute.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I first want to address the reviews with poor ratings that claim they were repeatedly contacted by Hubpages with SEO pitches. It was NOT Hubpages who contacted you; instead, it was one of the many SEO scam websites who claim to offer "Hubpages creation services" for search engine optimization. These scammers include "RankLove", "IndeedSEO" and "PromotingWebs". Not only does Hubpages NOT sell SEO services, but they do not even allow promotional content to be published on their site(s). Whoever is calling you folks with this offer is without question a scammer.

Hubpages is a website that shares advertising revenue with members (freelance writers) who create quality informational articles. I have been a member (writer) on this site for over 4 years, and overall have been happy with the results. My only source of frustration is ads not being allowed on women's health articles. This type of article is a large source of traffic for me, and should also be a large source of income as well. Earning with Hubpages requires learning, time and effort. If you put in the time it pays. It is what you make it.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Can't seem to get it through their heads that I'm a marketer. Despite many requests to stop, they (and companies like them) continue to call. "You don't want to be on the first page of Google?" is often what I'm asked like I'm an idiot. I already RANK ON THE FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE, YOU TURDS. STOP CALLING ME. I called them back and asked if they would like to hire me for my services, which include SEO. I'm not sure if they know it, but reviews are a really big part of how search engines rank a website and company, and negative reviews, like they have, are pretty detrimental to SERP rankings! (Go figure!) They didn't answer when I called, so I left them a voicemail instructing them to stop calling me unless they want to hire me for SEO services. We'll see what they have to say. I'm on the DNC list (and have been for 10+ years), but that doesn't seem to matter. Our wonderful government at work.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I joined HubPages a few years ago and wrote nearly 100 articles. Most of my articles were on Religion and Christianity. Within a few months of writing them, over half of my articles were unpublished without any explanation as to where they lacked quality. The non-religious articles, which were few and generated some profit, remained published.

Hubpages is operated by biased and Christian-hating staff. The moderators were alerted countless times of other members being verbally abusive and intolerant towards Christian members, and HubPages remained silent. However, if a non-Christian complained about a Christian for defending their faith, HubPages would immediately jump into action and would ban Christian members. It became very clear how discriminatory HubPages operated. For that reason I and many good writers have left HubPages.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I’ve been writing for HubPages for years. The pay seems fair to me, based on the fact that they do all the heavy lifting. Popular articles have been edited and I’ve had custom graphics made at no charge to me. The interface is easy to use, and I’m alerted if plagiarism of my work is suspected. I’m always paid on time.

HubPages Company Information