1.69/5
Based on 36 reviews that contain star ratings

38 HubPages Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 31, 2018

When Squidoo was acquired by HubPages in October, 2014, I was one of the contributors who came along for the ride. As I recall, 40 or 50 of my Squidoo "lenses" were converted to HubPages. I began to make money; not much, but a little each month. I was not an active contributor. Still, I made the occasional Amazon sale and was averaging about $2.50 in HubPages earnings each month during the first year. (My primary online earnings come from Zazzle, and that's where I spend most of my time.) Still, I expected that even doing nothing with my HP account, I would reach the $50 payout in about two years...and then close it out. But that is not the way HubPages plays the game.

If you are not an ACTIVE contributor who continues to jump over the many additional hurdles HP places in your way on the way to a payout, you will simply NEVER be paid. Two years in, i.e., by October, 2016, my earnings stood at just short of $45. I thought that, surely, within a year I would reach the $50 payout threshold. But, you see, HubPages controls exactly how much you are paid for views. By continually lowering the amount paid per view, they can determine when...or IF...you will ever be paid.

Currently, my balance stands at $47.84. In the entire month of July, 2018, I have earned...TWO CENTS! It should be obvious to everyone, as it is to me, that HubPages has absolutely NO intention of ever paying me $50. If they have to reduce my earnings to half a penny per day in order to avoid a payout, they can and will do that. The moral of this story is that unless you plan to devote a significant portion of every day to HubPages...writing new material, constantly polishing previously published hubs and promoting them, and jumping through ever more hoops and over ever more hurdles, do not waste your time with these people.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have to 100% agree with the posts here stating that any hubs about Christianity will be unpublished. That is true. Christians get banned very easily from forums and Q & A's, while liberals and non-believers get away with everything. The administrators have their favorites, and they will side with them every time. I got banned after two years after having an argument with several non-Christians. We all got into it, but I alone was punished and not them. Offer any kind of biblical argument, and it's "hate speech."

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2018

HubPages is a great free platform for writers to publish their works. I have been with HubPages for a little over three years now and have no complaints. My articles I have published with HubPages earn more than any of my stand alone blogs. You will not get traffic overnight, so don't jump in feet first expecting to make money on day one. It takes time, and you need a basic understanding that online content writing varies greatly from just writing in general.

HubPages is a template based publishing services completely free to the writers who contribute to it. They have a great indexed section of tutorials on the 'how to's' of getting your articles up to QA standards to be published and featured and every aspect of the in and out's of HubPages in general. HubPages also gives you access to a staff of professional editors that can and will edit your 'hubs'.

I reach and exceed payout threshold every month with HubPages and have never had an issue getting my pay. In fact my payments are like clockwork and always on time without delay. I would encourage anyone thinking about starting a blog to start by submitting content through HubPages. HubPages allows your articles that are stellar to be featured on 23 of their niche sites, all curated content specified to once website that allows for a lot of a traffic to funnel into various hubs you have published. With HubPages you also have access to a large community of writers who are all very helpful and often provide feedback on any writings you may struggle with to get published.

There are several reviews here that are indeed not of HubPages nor from writers who contribute to the website. These are people who were contacted by some other entity attempting to scam them, to my knowledge HubPages never contacts anyone by phone. They also do not offer any SEO or paid services. So it is indeed a disservice to them that they are being reviewed on such. A really great free publishing platform for everyone from a novice writer to a professional to contribute.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I first want to address the reviews with poor ratings that claim they were repeatedly contacted by Hubpages with SEO pitches. It was NOT Hubpages who contacted you; instead, it was one of the many SEO scam websites who claim to offer "Hubpages creation services" for search engine optimization. These scammers include "RankLove", "IndeedSEO" and "PromotingWebs". Not only does Hubpages NOT sell SEO services, but they do not even allow promotional content to be published on their site(s). Whoever is calling you folks with this offer is without question a scammer.

Hubpages is a website that shares advertising revenue with members (freelance writers) who create quality informational articles. I have been a member (writer) on this site for over 4 years, and overall have been happy with the results. My only source of frustration is ads not being allowed on women's health articles. This type of article is a large source of traffic for me, and should also be a large source of income as well. Earning with Hubpages requires learning, time and effort. If you put in the time it pays. It is what you make it.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Can't seem to get it through their heads that I'm a marketer. Despite many requests to stop, they (and companies like them) continue to call. "You don't want to be on the first page of Google?" is often what I'm asked like I'm an idiot. I already RANK ON THE FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE, YOU TURDS. STOP CALLING ME. I called them back and asked if they would like to hire me for my services, which include SEO. I'm not sure if they know it, but reviews are a really big part of how search engines rank a website and company, and negative reviews, like they have, are pretty detrimental to SERP rankings! (Go figure!) They didn't answer when I called, so I left them a voicemail instructing them to stop calling me unless they want to hire me for SEO services. We'll see what they have to say. I'm on the DNC list (and have been for 10+ years), but that doesn't seem to matter. Our wonderful government at work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HubPages?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I joined HubPages a few years ago and wrote nearly 100 articles. Most of my articles were on Religion and Christianity. Within a few months of writing them, over half of my articles were unpublished without any explanation as to where they lacked quality. The non-religious articles, which were few and generated some profit, remained published.

Hubpages is operated by biased and Christian-hating staff. The moderators were alerted countless times of other members being verbally abusive and intolerant towards Christian members, and HubPages remained silent. However, if a non-Christian complained about a Christian for defending their faith, HubPages would immediately jump into action and would ban Christian members. It became very clear how discriminatory HubPages operated. For that reason I and many good writers have left HubPages.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I’ve been writing for HubPages for years. The pay seems fair to me, based on the fact that they do all the heavy lifting. Popular articles have been edited and I’ve had custom graphics made at no charge to me. The interface is easy to use, and I’m alerted if plagiarism of my work is suspected. I’m always paid on time.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

They continue you to call, after telling them I don't need their business. They called me today and asked for me by name. I said "This is he, may I help you?" She then responded with "oops I already called you" and hung up. I called them back asking for a manager, which they got someone on the phone quickly, I asked "what are you selling?" They said "front page on Google." I told them to google my business and I popped up immediately. Then I told them that it's disrespectful to hang up on someone when "you" the company are calling me for "Money". They realized they were talking to a web designer that knew how to hit top page and hung up on me again. DO NOT SUBMIT TO IGNORANT PEOPLE. They could of just said "sorry, I noticed you're in the same business, my apologies." NOPE just hung up on me TWICE just because.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have been writing on HubPages for over 5 years. During that time I have had no problems getting my articles published and featured. My views and earnings have gradually increased. I'm not ever going to earn a living by writing there, and you should not expect to either. They are picky about the good English thing, and they have a lot of restrictions about how many and what kind of links you can have in your articles. HubPages has been penalized by Google for "spammy" content in the past. So, they don't like anything that smacks of over-promotion. Amazon ads are especially scrutinized.

If you are looking to "get rich quick" or promote your own business, then this is not the site for you. In fact, I don't think that site exists on the Internet anymore. They also do not allow "duplicate content." If what you are posting is substantially similar to anything else posted on the web, it will not be allowed. HubPages is the best site on the web for amateur writers who do not want to create their own website to publish content. If you are an original author, and write quality articles that follow their rules, they will be published, and have a fair chance at earning you a few bucks.

Original review: May 30, 2017

My articles have received over a million views on Hubpages, so at least some of them are highly popular. I would probably have two million views if I hadn't taken one of the articles off of Hubpages and converted it into a Kindle report. Like many others who have commented here, the staff of Hubpages are entirely unhelpful. For starters, if they decide an article "needs improvement," the author gets to guess what the improvement might be. I'm a published author, and my books have received amazing reviews on Amazon. So forgive me if I'm not able to guess correctly.

Many years ago, the staff put all my articles into the Hubpages 'doghouse.' This means that any changes made to an article I make results in the article being unpublished to a couple days or more. This includes a adding or subtracting a single comma from one of my articles. In fact, once the edit function is clicked, it means the Hubpage gets temporarily unpublished.

This killed the traffic one of my articles was getting from Pinterest, for example. Pinterest was sending on average 1,000 visitors a day to one of my Hubs back in mid 2016. But as soon as Pinterest noticed the link was bad, visits from Pinterest have fallen off the table. Right now I get fewer than 200 visits for all my Hubs per day.

No amount of effort has gotten me out of the Hubpage 'doghouse.' As others have reported, responses are either unhelpful - such as telling me my articles are not unpublished although there is a notice at the top of the Hub in question of the pending nature of the article until a review is completed - or they just don't respond at all.

I learned the hard way to stay away from the forum. It's populated by cranks and unhelpful moderators. Moderators will totally ignore what the issue is, i.e., suspending articles that have been edited, while expressing a generalized defense of a nongermane issue. Then when you bring it up again they advise contacting support - support that is not answered! Starting at the beginning of the year, the ad revenue has fallen 75% although the visits were about the same before and after the new year started. Those commissions are going somewhere - just not to me.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I recently signed up for HubPages due to a recommendation from a blogger's article. I reasonably assumed that I could post some articles I had written but published on other forums. It turns out, it wasn't such an honest mistake! I got one warning that my articles had already been published. But they never gave me a chance to learn from the experience and "banned" me and even put a notice on my page that I was "banned" for anyone who chances upon my page to see. Did I post **? No. Did I post a call to violence? No. Did I threaten anyone? No. All I did was post some of my already-existing articles in one shot. These were all business marketing-related articles.

I even put a link on a couple of my websites, so if someone were to click on that link, they'll see that I was "banned." Bad me! So, I wrote to them, and this is the lousy response I got back..."Hello, your HubPages account has been permanently banned as a result of serious rules violations. Your account cannot be reinstated. We wish you luck in your online writing ventures." "Serious rules violations..." Who else has a "serious rule" that you're not allowed to publish your own article on more than one service? NO ONE. In essence, HubPages sucks.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I have been with HubPages for 2 years and I felt the need to chime in a bit. I see a lot of negative reviews and I personally feel they are slightly misleading. HubPages is an online writing platform, complete with easy to use templates and zero cost to the user. You can make money. What I notice most about complaints is the lack of money people are making. This greatly has to do with many Hubbers simply putting together content and posting it. Although the content may be extremely well written if you are not putting in any effort to research SEO and keywords for your articles you cannot expect a large amount of traffic. When I first joined I barely had any views, largely because I had no idea what keywords and SEO were and why I needed to use them. So I put in a little time, did some research and I am now making payouts from HubPages. I have under 100 articles (hubs) published and get steady views daily.

You do have to write and make sure you adhere to the guidelines in order to pass the quality assessment process to have your articles published. People tend to get discouraged but of the 3 times I have been asked to edit an article so it would be published, I found errors. There is money to be made here if you are willing to put forth the effort in creating content. Using your own high quality images, and creating in depth content while researching keywords will greatly help you in growing a fan base, and getting a large number of daily views.

You will not get rich quick, and you will have to work for your payouts. The recent addition of niche sites means even greater potential for income growth with HubPages. Articles that fall into these niche sites and are well written are handpicked and moved to those sites. These sites generate more views than the articles I have on the basic HubPages sites and have more than doubled my payouts, and daily views. All in all it is a great way to start blogging without paying for your own domain and web hosting services.

Original review: March 9, 2017

When it was Squidoo it was fine, became Hub and it was okay, was left same as was Squidoo... until today I find my one page UNpublished. My page spoke of my joy of collecting old VHS classic movies, talking film with other film fans, my collecting 16mm film to project out under the stars, as well as obscure books that were made into films.

The reasons they gave for halting my page was it was too spammy and the cover of one of the book's pictures not high enough resolution. I removed what I figured they must consider "spammy" my link to Facebook, Pinterest??? As well as the picture of the book cover they pointed out. Did all I could but still would not let me publish, so I thought it was just a bug or site glitch but when inquired got an email back telling me I needed to have at least 5 lengthy article pages turned in & published... sounded like high school homework, way too time consuming and rigid in their expectations... sucked all the joy out of it and I quit. They should be "SnubPages" NOT HubPages.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

It has been long that I wrote in HubPages. Recently I have opened a new account with HubPages with the intention to share my knowledge with other Hubbers. Having said that, the experience now is far different than it used to be. Last time I was writing with the intention of promoting affiliate links and was based on a diversified range of topics on weddings and events. The approval rates then wasn't as cumbersome as it is now. I not quite sure of where they are heading but definitely on the top of the list for being the most hated. My approval rate then never exceeded 2 times for review but now it was worse.

For now they got this alien language or moderator team who expect writers to know their mistakes and make the necessary adjustments to our journals. I have even wrote in to feedback but it seems to be on deaf ears. Never in my experience in HubPages that I had to go for more than 5 times review just for an article. Perhaps their level of English is the level of the solar system or otherwise their language might be of a third world country.

For my recent article was to share some knowledge on how hubbers can learn photography and use the correct filters meant to create a certain effect, with all the details my hub (article) was permanently unpublished. That was after the fifth time I submitted for review. I have removed educational videos from B&H, removed one affiliate link (the ONLY one) and even to the extend of removing source links from images which violates copyright. With that still my article remains unpublished and they simply left a note that the article needs improvement. A general go-to term that they usually use. Feeling really pissed I decided to write this review.

For goodness sake, I haven't had any issue with my articles when I posted them on EzineArticles (which is higher and more demanding than HubPages). However it seems that they are in their own world. My advise to fellow writers is not to waste time on HubPages as well as Squidoo (coz HubPages recently bought over). You will most probably come across the same issue as me and other reviewers on this page. Don't waste your precious time writing on HubPages and any of their associated websites. Our articles are precious and it requires the least some respect.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I have used Hubpages for 4 years now. When I created my first account back in 2012, I was an oblivious, and extremely motivated journalist and creative writer. I wrote 100+ articles there within a couple months, but I can't tell you how many times every one of those articles were ridiculed and unpublished by the Hubpages Team over extremely small errors, flaws, or rule-breaking content. I honestly believed the problem was with me; that I was an amateur writer and I just needed to learn from the best (Hubpages Team themselves). Well, not once did they ever tell me what exactly needed to be fixed on my site articles, so I they forced me to play a guessing game every time I wrote a new article.

My articles (they call them 'Hubs') were near flawless most of the time, so much so that I was invited by HubPages themselves to take part in a program that enabled me to moderate and teach other users to write. I fell in love with Hubpages, until they showed me their darker side. I had successfully published over 100 Hubs by this time. I had completed a HubPages Leader program, and I have a positive stream of viewers on a daily basis. What was the worse thing out of it all? I have ONLY MADE $150 since then. Four years and tens of thousands of viewers later, I make $0.10 per day.

I feel mocked, belittled, and betrayed to say at the very least. I recently made my own website this past week and I am very happy to say that I already have a steady, small audience. I visited HubPages one last time, today, to publish more articles and possibly make more pocket change, but they decided to unpublish a product review and an article on Astrology. Both articles were filled with images, context, and professionalism... I've decided not to lie to myself about HubPages any longer. I am still quite embarrassed having put my sweat and tears into the website, but I will never work for them again.

Original review: July 25, 2016

After having used the site for a day I decided it was rather cumbersome to use as nothing seemed simple to use. But it won't let me shut my account down easily though just like with everything else! Has everyone else had the same problem?? Most bloggers rave about this site but I think it's just another scam. I also would like to state it asks for an awful lot of information when signing up and you can't just simply get to anything without having to do a million things first!

Original review: July 14, 2016

They told me to improve my hub then I did for 5 times and then he unpublished my hub for 5 times. I'm looking for a better website which tells me exactly what I should do to make the moderator "satisfied". I'm disappointed.

Original review: April 27, 2016

I know several great writers who were members of hubpages. All of them left after being unfairly singled out & banned for "alleged" rule-breaking, although all around them, 90% of the members did all the same things. Their Administration is biased, unfair & treat their writers like dirt beneath their feet. Money is so little. It's not worth the time to sign in. These people were amazed at the crap they had to endure from other members & could not reply in kind or be banned. The original big mouth got away with murder while a person giving them a taste of their own medicine was called out. Think about it. Would you even consider putting up with that? NO!

Original review: April 14, 2016

I have found on HubPages extreme prejudice by their moderation team against Christians and their beliefs. Here is just one example of which there are many. One writer there, his username is "**" started publishing HubPages 6 weeks ago starting with "Genesis Chapter 1 - Bible According to Satan" and so far ending with "Genesis Chapter 5 - Bible According to Satan". All his "chapters" are full of vulgarity and profanity, e.g. the first chapter uses variations of the "F" word in 6 verses and referring to Jesus. He and his HubPages have been reported and flagged for violations multiple times from the day his first Chapter was published and no moderator has done anything to put an end to this. Were this guy doing the same thing to the Koran you can bet they'd have banned him the first day!

I have come across HubPages that were nothing but a non-stop sentence after sentence of profanity aimed at Christians and Christianity, profanity so vulgar I'd never even seen it used that way anywhere in all my life! How can they allow such stuff to be published when HubPages have to be approved to be published? Yet they will censor HubPages with facts about transgenders or Muslims in a heartbeat if one person flags them as hate speech. I've been on this site for many years and can attest to these things as fact. How HubPages determines what is of literary acceptance or violation of their rules is a joke and their moderators are fostering a cult of vulgarity and religious intolerance on their site like I've never seen.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

Push you to join just when you want to read a blog and then ban you from the site if you don't give them all the information they want on you.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

Please cancel my account and PayPal association. I recently discovered my account was banned. I was not even given the courtesy of notification. After doing some research and delayed due diligence, I do not wish to be associated with a company with so many complaints filed against it. It is ironic that you ban my account, then allow it to be linked to PayPal. I find your actions unprofessional and not worthy of my interest. Again please delete all traces of my account.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2015

I participated on HubPages for over 2 years. I wrote over 500 hubs, along with many accolades. Let us just say the experience was just fine until I was singled out by the very narrow-minded liberals. Not only referring to other writers but the HubPages staff as well. The administration has its pets and will side with them regardless of the topic. In other words, save yourself the wasted time and hard work. The pay is very minimal. The rules and regulations only apply to a certain few. To sum it up, stay away from this site!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

I have been writing on HubPages for 5 years. Many people join thinking they can write crappy short articles with pictures that are not sourced, or articles that have been copied and pasted from around the internet, and somehow make hundreds of dollars. That will never happen. Making money writing online is… WORK!!! You have to learn how to write in ways that is reader-friendly. You also have to learn SEO, keywords, and social media marketing. I have 50 articles on HubPages and I make money. Will you get rich? NO! It is however possible to make money. I know of a few people on HP making hundreds ($500+) a month. I am not one of them because I don't commit nearly as much time or write nearly as many articles. It is possible for those who aren't lazy and don't expect results overnight!

The community is also amazing. I became homeless a couple years ago. A fellow writer started a forum thread on HP for me. Enough money was raised for me to afford deposits on utilities. While that is not something that happens often, the community is still amazing, even among people who have differing opinions. People come to HP from places like Squidoo or Bubblews who had low standards and allowed spam, and they basically go through culture shock because HP doesn't put up with low quality or spam.

With that said a lot of the policing done is up to the other members, and well we can't catch everything to flag it, so some spam still makes it through. If you go to the Q and A section and start posting spam, you will be banned. This isn't a site to babysit anyone. When signing up for HP we all agree to the Terms Of Service. Violate it and they will boot you out, sometimes without explanation! With all that said, I love HP. I've been on it for many years. Yes, it's a lot of work and learning, but long run it is very worth it!

Original review: July 13, 2015

I began writing on this site for two reasons. The first was for the experience. I needed to know if I was any good and if others would be interested. The other was to earn some extra Money with their advertising. I have written almost 200 short stories and articles and I have found that I am a pretty good writer. I had many people read my articles and leave comments and I had a base of 250 people that followed me. This site build my confidence and allowed me to follow through with the children's books that I wanted to write.

That was the positive experience that I had. When it came to their advertising and payment plan, that was pretty much a disappointment. I have had 200 articles posted on this site since 2010 and I average approximately 3 to 7 cents a day in earnings. I was led to believe that I could make as much as $500 to a thousand dollars a month and that just didn't happen. This was primarily because the system was too complicated and I just did not understand how to link and draw traffic to my articles. All in all for me it was a positive experience and my articles are still posted there today. I still get small checks once a year or so.

Original review: April 1, 2015

I was one of the writers imported to Hubpages from Squidoo. I had about a 1000 pages on Squidoo, spread over 4 accounts. In addition to the account I already had, that made 5 accounts. On Squidoo I was a respected author. Yesterday my accounts were all banned. I found out because someone noticed that one of my accounts said so. I had received no mail on the topic and on the HubPages backend it did not tell me that I was banned. All I could see was that my pages had all been unpublished. I have heard from Hubpages: they will pay out what is owed me. However, I don't know what I did wrong to get banned. I'm being treated as a spammer. I'm not.

Original review: March 4, 2015

I recently tried to publish to hub pages. Because I wanted to be able to show my products to my zazzle store. I tried to publish it twice. Each time they would say that they could not post it due to it being poorly structured and overly promotional. Never mind, they have plenty of other people that are doing exactly the same thing. I'm still in their so-called boot camp whatever that is so apparently everything I post is subject to their scrutiny. I don't understand what it is that they want, and I don't care too. Needless, to say I deleted my hub page and closed my account. Their standards are just too rigid and self-aggrandizing for my liking. I will look for something much more user friendly. They are not it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

I just finished building my website and has been ready for business the past 2 months. I have not had any members to date yet I found my web address on a list of so called "Scam sites" on a hubpages article. When looking through this article I found other comments from angered businesses who also found their links on this website. Hubpages makes it literally impossible to contact them directly about these types of problems. My only choice was to post it in a forum and in that post I encouraged the other business owners to contact me for a class action suit. I have been working online for over 10 years now and frankly I am just tired of these businesses allowing this type of behavior.

A respectable site would not allow you to slander anyone. The problem is this person obviously did not join the 100 websites he has listed as scams so I would like to know what real proof he has that any of these businesses are fraudulent? I certainly know he has never joined mine and I know that my business is not a scam. This is often done when someone is trying to promote their own business. Hubpage blocks you from adding promotional links however all you need is followers and email addresses which leads to potential sales. This is the probably motive for this man using our websites as a lure to obtain these sales leads. This is a dirty and dishonest way of doing business. Nevertheless if you are a honorable business you would not allow these types of dirty tactics.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

I've been a member there for years. Complaints about serious rules violations by atheists or abortionists go unanswered while any member of those groups can report a post by a Christian simply because it calls them out on a lie or proves them wrong, and it results in an immediate ban. HubPages refuses to cite the specifics of the alleged violation, usually not even responding to emails asking for clarification. Moderators have retaliated to forum posts by unpublishing my HubPage about atheism with a bogus reason after it had been published for 3 years. Over a week of asking why it was unpublished (because the bogus reason couldn't be corrected as it did not exist), I elicited no response. I had to get a hold of a supervisor who republished it immediately. HubPages is moderated by prejudiced and unfair moderators. I've talked to more than a few of my followers who are Christians who have had the same experiences a couple of which left because of it. Many of us will not use it anymore as they will not respond to complaints about the moderation.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2014

I was a member of Squidoo from November 2012 until August 2014. It was in August 2014 that Squidoo writers were shocked by a sudden announcement that HubPages had acquired Squidoo. This obviously had been planned for many months, although Squidoo writers were kept in the dark and many misleading statements were made about the future of Squidoo and supposed improvements. The deadline for either transferring all articles to HubPages or opting out was very short, about two weeks.

Meanwhile, there were many questions not answered. So on Squidoo, I specifically asked about our payments, and whether going along with the transfer was required to get all the pay that we are owed. The answer was that this was not a requirement, and that all money owed would be given for any articles deleted. Therefore, I deleted all of my articles on August 20th and expected full payment for them. Turns out I only got about half of what I was owed. They lied to me, and punished me and other writers who did not go along with the transfer. I later found out that they only had intended to pay writers for Amazon and eBay commissions, and they confiscated earning from ads.

They also said that any accounts without featured articles would not transfer to HubPages. However, after I had deleted all of my articles (but not my account), they still transferred my account and username and photo to HubPages - requiring me to make a password with HubPages and then go into the website and deleted my account. So this was another lie. Meanwhile another site by Squidoo, called HugDug, existed and they gave zero information about what was happening to HugDug. I deleted all of my reviews from HugDug just in case, and they much later announced that, basically, HugDug reviews were incompatible with HubPages and all would be deleted.

This entire situation was done manipulatively, giving writers very little time to adjust - with obvious intent of trying to force writers onto HubPages. How HubPages can make a deal to "acquire" Squidoo articles, which never belonged to anyone but the writers, is beyond me and has to be illegal. The way they tried to maximize this acquisition was through manipulation and lies - such as giving very short notice, misleading everyone up to the sudden announcement, and the false statements such as the ones I shared above about payments, and about accounts transferring.

Due to HubPages' obvious complicity in this entire situation, I will never consider writing for them, and I believe that many writers who allowed their articles to be transferred felt they had no other option, no time to adjust - which was what HubPages intended and hoped for. I was willing to lose my monthly dollar amount, and to take my time putting my articles up elsewhere, rather than have my work displayed on the website of a company that had very much proved itself to be the exact opposite of trustworthy.

However, I wasn't willing to lose the money that they had promised me, and I have to wonder how much they confiscated like this from writers as punishment for not consenting to the transfer. I also know that they transferred authors' work who had never consented whatsoever to having their content moved to HubPages. The sale of work that did not belonged to them, as mentioned above, has to be completely illegal. Terms of Service stated that the work belongs to the authors/writers. The whole transaction is permeated with lies, deceit, and manipulation.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

Been on since 2004, I started to create new hubs, one was kicked back for duplication (which it was MY work). I tried to fix it, again kicked back so I just deleted it. Then I was permanently banned as a result of serious rules violations including, but not limited to, promoting a prohibited site and duplicate hub. I have no idea what this is in reference to so I sent an email asking for clarification on the rules broken. They would not respond, just kept telling me that you are banned so I just requested to have all of my work deleted from their site (they don't need to make money off of MY work). I already had copies of all of it saved. Stay clear of this site! Ridiculous that you can ban someone for breaking rules that they didn't (never made a dime from this site!).

HubPages Company Information