1.96/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

HubPages

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

HubPages Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have written articles on HubPages for years, and they don't do any of the things mentioned by the negative reviewers here who complain about sales pitches, web hosting, SEO promises, and so on. I believe these people have mistaken HubPages for HubSpot, a site which very well might do those things. HubPages doesn't have anything to sell, including services, and they don't host websites. It's just a free platform where people can submit articles for (possible) publication. If you're lucky and work really hard, you can get a little payment for your articles, too. Just hoping to clear up this misleading situation. HubPages is not the site described by some of these reviewers!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have read all these reviews bashing HubPages, and it makes me sad. I too was on when it was Squidoo and they then sold to HubPages. I lost a lot of lenses (that is what Squidoo called them) but the truth is those lenses weren't my best. The truth is there was so much CRAP listed on Squidoo that it's no wonder the poorly written got removed. I am also guilty of not having updated or checked my old work often. If you are looking to get content published and keep it there, here's some tips. Make sure your content is factual and written on a topic that you are interested in. If you are throwing together crap articles, why should they keep them published?

You are not going to get rich off of HubPages. If you jump in with some expectation that every hub is going to go viral, jump right back out. Write good quality content and update it often. Correct broken links and update your information often. Answer comments and talk to your audience. I am glad to see the HubPages community standing up for effective and authoritative information.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I started writing in September 2018. I am up to 28 articles, all of which are featured and most have been placed on one of their network sites. I'm a brand new writer, having only had a personal, fun blog for about seven years. The editorial staff are more helpful than I'd anticipated and 90% of the time, very fast to respond to my questions and concerns; usually the same or next day. They have given me advice and suggestions on how to improve my writing, layout, links, and taught me how to be a classy writer, not a spammy one! I have never been contacted or hassled, so my guess is that those of you who have been, are a target of spam; it's not HubPages calling you.

If your articles have been defeatured, it's because they are not up to their standards. I've had to fix and re-fix a few and I didn't take it personal, I listened to what they were trying to teach me and learned how to improve my musings. As for the slams on "Christian" articles being removed, maybe it's because they want to keep the platform neutral and cohesive, without bias and strong opinions from either side. I get that Christians, non-Christians, and political activists have strong opinions and want to be heard, but perhaps those types of articles are damaging to the traffic flow to HubPages and are better served on your own private blog site.

Just my two cents. I know I don't want to read those types of articles and prefer to get my information from trustworthy news sites or personal experience. It's why I don't engage in those topics on any social media. It breeds negativity and arguments. I want to read about people's experiences and articles based on research, not one-sided opinions. Anyways, thank you HubPages for giving me a safe, professional, and helpful place to grow my writing knowledge base and to make some money that I otherwise was not making with my personal blog. At first I was happy to make some coffee money for Starbucks, then lunch money, and now part of my car payment. I certainly did not expect that much, so my hat's off to the HubPages team!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I have been with HubPages for 13 years now, and to be honest, it took a couple years for me to even start learning anything worthwhile... However, most of that is because of my own fault as not having quality articles. You can't just slap some words together and copy articles from other webpages, that doesn't work, if you're truly writing an article that you have written, and is easily understandable and well written with good punctuation and grammar, that's all you really need to know. HubPages pretty much does most of the back end part as far as Google and search engines go. It's not hard to figure out at all, it's much better and easier than making your own website. Most of my earnings do come from the Amazon affiliate program which is included and you can opt for in HubPages and the earnings are pretty substantial.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

The other ⭐️ reviews are exactly what we just experienced!! Then when I looked them up I see the whole ⭐️ ⭐️ Rating while on the phone with them and asked “why would we do business with a company that is rated 45 times and 33 of the ratings are “1” star?” He replied, "Who looks at Yelp?" and I said it was “Consumer Affairs” page... Crickets!! Lol he hung up on me!! I would say to Google “sue” these ** for even marketing they represent Google!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HubPages?

Original review: July 23, 2019

I was an avid supporter and writer there for years. They rolled out a program where they have editors that edit hubs which I never had a problem with except for one hub. It was a satirical humorous piece I had written that was well-received as it was having received a half a million views in a year. When the editor decided they were going to completely rework it, I was upset and appealed with Robin, one of the owners. She overreacted and demoted all of my hubs. Hubs that had been earning a couple of hundred a month in residual income.

Prior to that I was an apprentice alum, won two "hubby awards" etc. so I wasn't a problem child. I told one editor she was not allowed to touch my one prize hub and now my hubs have all been demoted and I earn maybe 20 cents a month. This is how these horrible people reward good writers. If you doll out drivel and kiss their ** enough though you're golden. I would never in a million years suggest writers write here and I was one of their staunchest defenders for years. Live and learn.

Original review: June 30, 2019

They promised to get me a top ranking on Google Maps and threw in a free website. They made a website which I never approved (it sucked) and got it listed in Google Maps. I wanted them to use the website I already had but the lady said they couldn't do that (even after the original salesperson and their technical guy said otherwise). So, they hijacked my Google account and charged me $250. I now have to go through Google's verification process again in order to straighten things out.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Had a representative reach out to me. They said I needed to have a client meeting so we checked it with Angel for 10 am. At 11 am I called them and explained she was to call for an interview so immediately they put her on the phone. This all took place on Jan 16th. On Jan 28 still nothing showing where they have done anything they said they would. I spoke with a gentleman who said he was the supervisor and that Angel was in training but he'd look into it and call me back before close of business day. I never received a callback and am still waiting. These people take your money and DO NOTHING. Avoid paying them anything!!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

So this company reached out to me yesterday to try to sell me ad space on the first page or Google (mind you, Google does this, not some third party). They then passed me off to what I can only assume is a supervisor. We’ll call him “Bob”. I didn’t have time to speak with Bob yesterday, so I asked for him to call me back today. Bob told me I have a 4.5 Google rating and no customer complaints (which is true), making me believe maybe he did some research on us.

When Bob called me back, he began our conversation with something like “So why can’t we get you?”. Well one, Bob, I never said you couldn’t so don’t start our conversations off with a cheap sales tactic. I informed Bob that my company and I already have a consultant that works with us on SEO, to which he replied, sounding disgusted “A consultant? You don’t even have a website.” Mind you, we do have a website and we do just fine with business. I replied “Actually, we do. You must not know much about us.” Bob then hung up on me. Very unprofessional. Even if I was in the market for a new firm to help with our sales and marketing, this sealed the deal that we were certainly never going to use this one.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have been with HubPages for 12 years now... At first, I was unsure of myself and after I started to see some earnings come in, it really made me want to write more and write well. HubPages is easy to figure out and you do not need to know any coding at all. I'm finally making a decent amount for the amount of effort that I put in, I cannot complain. A lot of my earnings are coming from being an Amazon affiliate, which is included with HubPages (all you have to do is register for it)-- HubPages directs you. All you have to do is link a product to your article and I get at least 10 orders a day. I have never not been paid! Best place to write short articles for and I've tried several. Not sure what others are doing wrong, but I have never had a problem.

HubPages Company Information