1.95/5
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratings

44 HubPages Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have read all these reviews bashing HubPages, and it makes me sad. I too was on when it was Squidoo and they then sold to HubPages. I lost a lot of lenses (that is what Squidoo called them) but the truth is those lenses weren't my best. The truth is there was so much CRAP listed on Squidoo that it's no wonder the poorly written got removed. I am also guilty of not having updated or checked my old work often. If you are looking to get content published and keep it there, here's some tips. Make sure your content is factual and written on a topic that you are interested in. If you are throwing together crap articles, why should they keep them published?

You are not going to get rich off of HubPages. If you jump in with some expectation that every hub is going to go viral, jump right back out. Write good quality content and update it often. Correct broken links and update your information often. Answer comments and talk to your audience. I am glad to see the HubPages community standing up for effective and authoritative information.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I started writing in September 2018. I am up to 28 articles, all of which are featured and most have been placed on one of their network sites. I'm a brand new writer, having only had a personal, fun blog for about seven years. The editorial staff are more helpful than I'd anticipated and 90% of the time, very fast to respond to my questions and concerns; usually the same or next day. They have given me advice and suggestions on how to improve my writing, layout, links, and taught me how to be a classy writer, not a spammy one! I have never been contacted or hassled, so my guess is that those of you who have been, are a target of spam; it's not HubPages calling you.

If your articles have been defeatured, it's because they are not up to their standards. I've had to fix and re-fix a few and I didn't take it personal, I listened to what they were trying to teach me and learned how to improve my musings. As for the slams on "Christian" articles being removed, maybe it's because they want to keep the platform neutral and cohesive, without bias and strong opinions from either side. I get that Christians, non-Christians, and political activists have strong opinions and want to be heard, but perhaps those types of articles are damaging to the traffic flow to HubPages and are better served on your own private blog site.

Just my two cents. I know I don't want to read those types of articles and prefer to get my information from trustworthy news sites or personal experience. It's why I don't engage in those topics on any social media. It breeds negativity and arguments. I want to read about people's experiences and articles based on research, not one-sided opinions. Anyways, thank you HubPages for giving me a safe, professional, and helpful place to grow my writing knowledge base and to make some money that I otherwise was not making with my personal blog. At first I was happy to make some coffee money for Starbucks, then lunch money, and now part of my car payment. I certainly did not expect that much, so my hat's off to the HubPages team!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Had a representative reach out to me. They said I needed to have a client meeting so we checked it with Angel for 10 am. At 11 am I called them and explained she was to call for an interview so immediately they put her on the phone. This all took place on Jan 16th. On Jan 28 still nothing showing where they have done anything they said they would. I spoke with a gentleman who said he was the supervisor and that Angel was in training but he'd look into it and call me back before close of business day. I never received a callback and am still waiting. These people take your money and DO NOTHING. Avoid paying them anything!!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

So this company reached out to me yesterday to try to sell me ad space on the first page or Google (mind you, Google does this, not some third party). They then passed me off to what I can only assume is a supervisor. We’ll call him “Bob”. I didn’t have time to speak with Bob yesterday, so I asked for him to call me back today. Bob told me I have a 4.5 Google rating and no customer complaints (which is true), making me believe maybe he did some research on us.

When Bob called me back, he began our conversation with something like “So why can’t we get you?”. Well one, Bob, I never said you couldn’t so don’t start our conversations off with a cheap sales tactic. I informed Bob that my company and I already have a consultant that works with us on SEO, to which he replied, sounding disgusted “A consultant? You don’t even have a website.” Mind you, we do have a website and we do just fine with business. I replied “Actually, we do. You must not know much about us.” Bob then hung up on me. Very unprofessional. Even if I was in the market for a new firm to help with our sales and marketing, this sealed the deal that we were certainly never going to use this one.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I have been with HubPages for 13 years now, and to be honest, it took a couple years for me to even start learning anything worthwhile... However, most of that is because of my own fault as not having quality articles. You can't just slap some words together and copy articles from other webpages, that doesn't work, if you're truly writing an article that you have written, and is easily understandable and well written with good punctuation and grammar, that's all you really need to know. HubPages pretty much does most of the back end part as far as Google and search engines go. It's not hard to figure out at all, it's much better and easier than making your own website. Most of my earnings do come from the Amazon affiliate program which is included and you can opt for in HubPages and the earnings are pretty substantial.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HubPages?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have been with HubPages for 12 years now... At first, I was unsure of myself and after I started to see some earnings come in, it really made me want to write more and write well. HubPages is easy to figure out and you do not need to know any coding at all. I'm finally making a decent amount for the amount of effort that I put in, I cannot complain. A lot of my earnings are coming from being an Amazon affiliate, which is included with HubPages (all you have to do is register for it)-- HubPages directs you. All you have to do is link a product to your article and I get at least 10 orders a day. I have never not been paid! Best place to write short articles for and I've tried several. Not sure what others are doing wrong, but I have never had a problem.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When Squidoo was acquired by HubPages in October, 2014, I was one of the contributors who came along for the ride. As I recall, 40 or 50 of my Squidoo "lenses" were converted to HubPages. I began to make money; not much, but a little each month. I was not an active contributor. Still, I made the occasional Amazon sale and was averaging about $2.50 in HubPages earnings each month during the first year. (My primary online earnings come from Zazzle, and that's where I spend most of my time.) Still, I expected that even doing nothing with my HP account, I would reach the $50 payout in about two years...and then close it out. But that is not the way HubPages plays the game.

If you are not an ACTIVE contributor who continues to jump over the many additional hurdles HP places in your way on the way to a payout, you will simply NEVER be paid. Two years in, i.e., by October, 2016, my earnings stood at just short of $45. I thought that, surely, within a year I would reach the $50 payout threshold. But, you see, HubPages controls exactly how much you are paid for views. By continually lowering the amount paid per view, they can determine when...or IF...you will ever be paid.

Currently, my balance stands at $47.84. In the entire month of July, 2018, I have earned...TWO CENTS! It should be obvious to everyone, as it is to me, that HubPages has absolutely NO intention of ever paying me $50. If they have to reduce my earnings to half a penny per day in order to avoid a payout, they can and will do that. The moral of this story is that unless you plan to devote a significant portion of every day to HubPages...writing new material, constantly polishing previously published hubs and promoting them, and jumping through ever more hoops and over ever more hurdles, do not waste your time with these people.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have to 100% agree with the posts here stating that any hubs about Christianity will be unpublished. That is true. Christians get banned very easily from forums and Q & A's, while liberals and non-believers get away with everything. The administrators have their favorites, and they will side with them every time. I got banned after two years after having an argument with several non-Christians. We all got into it, but I alone was punished and not them. Offer any kind of biblical argument, and it's "hate speech."

Original review: April 8, 2018

HubPages is a great free platform for writers to publish their works. I have been with HubPages for a little over three years now and have no complaints. My articles I have published with HubPages earn more than any of my stand alone blogs. You will not get traffic overnight, so don't jump in feet first expecting to make money on day one. It takes time, and you need a basic understanding that online content writing varies greatly from just writing in general.

HubPages is a template based publishing services completely free to the writers who contribute to it. They have a great indexed section of tutorials on the 'how to's' of getting your articles up to QA standards to be published and featured and every aspect of the in and out's of HubPages in general. HubPages also gives you access to a staff of professional editors that can and will edit your 'hubs'.

I reach and exceed payout threshold every month with HubPages and have never had an issue getting my pay. In fact my payments are like clockwork and always on time without delay. I would encourage anyone thinking about starting a blog to start by submitting content through HubPages. HubPages allows your articles that are stellar to be featured on 23 of their niche sites, all curated content specified to once website that allows for a lot of a traffic to funnel into various hubs you have published. With HubPages you also have access to a large community of writers who are all very helpful and often provide feedback on any writings you may struggle with to get published.

There are several reviews here that are indeed not of HubPages nor from writers who contribute to the website. These are people who were contacted by some other entity attempting to scam them, to my knowledge HubPages never contacts anyone by phone. They also do not offer any SEO or paid services. So it is indeed a disservice to them that they are being reviewed on such. A really great free publishing platform for everyone from a novice writer to a professional to contribute.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I first want to address the reviews with poor ratings that claim they were repeatedly contacted by Hubpages with SEO pitches. It was NOT Hubpages who contacted you; instead, it was one of the many SEO scam websites who claim to offer "Hubpages creation services" for search engine optimization. These scammers include "RankLove", "IndeedSEO" and "PromotingWebs". Not only does Hubpages NOT sell SEO services, but they do not even allow promotional content to be published on their site(s). Whoever is calling you folks with this offer is without question a scammer.

Hubpages is a website that shares advertising revenue with members (freelance writers) who create quality informational articles. I have been a member (writer) on this site for over 4 years, and overall have been happy with the results. My only source of frustration is ads not being allowed on women's health articles. This type of article is a large source of traffic for me, and should also be a large source of income as well. Earning with Hubpages requires learning, time and effort. If you put in the time it pays. It is what you make it.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Can't seem to get it through their heads that I'm a marketer. Despite many requests to stop, they (and companies like them) continue to call. "You don't want to be on the first page of Google?" is often what I'm asked like I'm an idiot. I already RANK ON THE FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE, YOU TURDS. STOP CALLING ME. I called them back and asked if they would like to hire me for my services, which include SEO. I'm not sure if they know it, but reviews are a really big part of how search engines rank a website and company, and negative reviews, like they have, are pretty detrimental to SERP rankings! (Go figure!) They didn't answer when I called, so I left them a voicemail instructing them to stop calling me unless they want to hire me for SEO services. We'll see what they have to say. I'm on the DNC list (and have been for 10+ years), but that doesn't seem to matter. Our wonderful government at work.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I joined HubPages a few years ago and wrote nearly 100 articles. Most of my articles were on Religion and Christianity. Within a few months of writing them, over half of my articles were unpublished without any explanation as to where they lacked quality. The non-religious articles, which were few and generated some profit, remained published.

Hubpages is operated by biased and Christian-hating staff. The moderators were alerted countless times of other members being verbally abusive and intolerant towards Christian members, and HubPages remained silent. However, if a non-Christian complained about a Christian for defending their faith, HubPages would immediately jump into action and would ban Christian members. It became very clear how discriminatory HubPages operated. For that reason I and many good writers have left HubPages.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I’ve been writing for HubPages for years. The pay seems fair to me, based on the fact that they do all the heavy lifting. Popular articles have been edited and I’ve had custom graphics made at no charge to me. The interface is easy to use, and I’m alerted if plagiarism of my work is suspected. I’m always paid on time.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

They continue you to call, after telling them I don't need their business. They called me today and asked for me by name. I said "This is he, may I help you?" She then responded with "oops I already called you" and hung up. I called them back asking for a manager, which they got someone on the phone quickly, I asked "what are you selling?" They said "front page on Google." I told them to google my business and I popped up immediately. Then I told them that it's disrespectful to hang up on someone when "you" the company are calling me for "Money". They realized they were talking to a web designer that knew how to hit top page and hung up on me again. DO NOT SUBMIT TO IGNORANT PEOPLE. They could of just said "sorry, I noticed you're in the same business, my apologies." NOPE just hung up on me TWICE just because.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have been writing on HubPages for over 5 years. During that time I have had no problems getting my articles published and featured. My views and earnings have gradually increased. I'm not ever going to earn a living by writing there, and you should not expect to either. They are picky about the good English thing, and they have a lot of restrictions about how many and what kind of links you can have in your articles. HubPages has been penalized by Google for "spammy" content in the past. So, they don't like anything that smacks of over-promotion. Amazon ads are especially scrutinized.

If you are looking to "get rich quick" or promote your own business, then this is not the site for you. In fact, I don't think that site exists on the Internet anymore. They also do not allow "duplicate content." If what you are posting is substantially similar to anything else posted on the web, it will not be allowed. HubPages is the best site on the web for amateur writers who do not want to create their own website to publish content. If you are an original author, and write quality articles that follow their rules, they will be published, and have a fair chance at earning you a few bucks.

Original review: May 30, 2017

My articles have received over a million views on Hubpages, so at least some of them are highly popular. I would probably have two million views if I hadn't taken one of the articles off of Hubpages and converted it into a Kindle report. Like many others who have commented here, the staff of Hubpages are entirely unhelpful. For starters, if they decide an article "needs improvement," the author gets to guess what the improvement might be. I'm a published author, and my books have received amazing reviews on Amazon. So forgive me if I'm not able to guess correctly.

Many years ago, the staff put all my articles into the Hubpages 'doghouse.' This means that any changes made to an article I make results in the article being unpublished to a couple days or more. This includes a adding or subtracting a single comma from one of my articles. In fact, once the edit function is clicked, it means the Hubpage gets temporarily unpublished.

This killed the traffic one of my articles was getting from Pinterest, for example. Pinterest was sending on average 1,000 visitors a day to one of my Hubs back in mid 2016. But as soon as Pinterest noticed the link was bad, visits from Pinterest have fallen off the table. Right now I get fewer than 200 visits for all my Hubs per day.

No amount of effort has gotten me out of the Hubpage 'doghouse.' As others have reported, responses are either unhelpful - such as telling me my articles are not unpublished although there is a notice at the top of the Hub in question of the pending nature of the article until a review is completed - or they just don't respond at all.

I learned the hard way to stay away from the forum. It's populated by cranks and unhelpful moderators. Moderators will totally ignore what the issue is, i.e., suspending articles that have been edited, while expressing a generalized defense of a nongermane issue. Then when you bring it up again they advise contacting support - support that is not answered! Starting at the beginning of the year, the ad revenue has fallen 75% although the visits were about the same before and after the new year started. Those commissions are going somewhere - just not to me.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I recently signed up for HubPages due to a recommendation from a blogger's article. I reasonably assumed that I could post some articles I had written but published on other forums. It turns out, it wasn't such an honest mistake! I got one warning that my articles had already been published. But they never gave me a chance to learn from the experience and "banned" me and even put a notice on my page that I was "banned" for anyone who chances upon my page to see. Did I post **? No. Did I post a call to violence? No. Did I threaten anyone? No. All I did was post some of my already-existing articles in one shot. These were all business marketing-related articles.

I even put a link on a couple of my websites, so if someone were to click on that link, they'll see that I was "banned." Bad me! So, I wrote to them, and this is the lousy response I got back..."Hello, your HubPages account has been permanently banned as a result of serious rules violations. Your account cannot be reinstated. We wish you luck in your online writing ventures." "Serious rules violations..." Who else has a "serious rule" that you're not allowed to publish your own article on more than one service? NO ONE. In essence, HubPages sucks.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I have been with HubPages for 2 years and I felt the need to chime in a bit. I see a lot of negative reviews and I personally feel they are slightly misleading. HubPages is an online writing platform, complete with easy to use templates and zero cost to the user. You can make money. What I notice most about complaints is the lack of money people are making. This greatly has to do with many Hubbers simply putting together content and posting it. Although the content may be extremely well written if you are not putting in any effort to research SEO and keywords for your articles you cannot expect a large amount of traffic. When I first joined I barely had any views, largely because I had no idea what keywords and SEO were and why I needed to use them. So I put in a little time, did some research and I am now making payouts from HubPages. I have under 100 articles (hubs) published and get steady views daily.

You do have to write and make sure you adhere to the guidelines in order to pass the quality assessment process to have your articles published. People tend to get discouraged but of the 3 times I have been asked to edit an article so it would be published, I found errors. There is money to be made here if you are willing to put forth the effort in creating content. Using your own high quality images, and creating in depth content while researching keywords will greatly help you in growing a fan base, and getting a large number of daily views.

You will not get rich quick, and you will have to work for your payouts. The recent addition of niche sites means even greater potential for income growth with HubPages. Articles that fall into these niche sites and are well written are handpicked and moved to those sites. These sites generate more views than the articles I have on the basic HubPages sites and have more than doubled my payouts, and daily views. All in all it is a great way to start blogging without paying for your own domain and web hosting services.

Original review: March 9, 2017

When it was Squidoo it was fine, became Hub and it was okay, was left same as was Squidoo... until today I find my one page UNpublished. My page spoke of my joy of collecting old VHS classic movies, talking film with other film fans, my collecting 16mm film to project out under the stars, as well as obscure books that were made into films.

The reasons they gave for halting my page was it was too spammy and the cover of one of the book's pictures not high enough resolution. I removed what I figured they must consider "spammy" my link to Facebook, Pinterest??? As well as the picture of the book cover they pointed out. Did all I could but still would not let me publish, so I thought it was just a bug or site glitch but when inquired got an email back telling me I needed to have at least 5 lengthy article pages turned in & published... sounded like high school homework, way too time consuming and rigid in their expectations... sucked all the joy out of it and I quit. They should be "SnubPages" NOT HubPages.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

It has been long that I wrote in HubPages. Recently I have opened a new account with HubPages with the intention to share my knowledge with other Hubbers. Having said that, the experience now is far different than it used to be. Last time I was writing with the intention of promoting affiliate links and was based on a diversified range of topics on weddings and events. The approval rates then wasn't as cumbersome as it is now. I not quite sure of where they are heading but definitely on the top of the list for being the most hated. My approval rate then never exceeded 2 times for review but now it was worse.

For now they got this alien language or moderator team who expect writers to know their mistakes and make the necessary adjustments to our journals. I have even wrote in to feedback but it seems to be on deaf ears. Never in my experience in HubPages that I had to go for more than 5 times review just for an article. Perhaps their level of English is the level of the solar system or otherwise their language might be of a third world country.

For my recent article was to share some knowledge on how hubbers can learn photography and use the correct filters meant to create a certain effect, with all the details my hub (article) was permanently unpublished. That was after the fifth time I submitted for review. I have removed educational videos from B&H, removed one affiliate link (the ONLY one) and even to the extend of removing source links from images which violates copyright. With that still my article remains unpublished and they simply left a note that the article needs improvement. A general go-to term that they usually use. Feeling really pissed I decided to write this review.

For goodness sake, I haven't had any issue with my articles when I posted them on EzineArticles (which is higher and more demanding than HubPages). However it seems that they are in their own world. My advise to fellow writers is not to waste time on HubPages as well as Squidoo (coz HubPages recently bought over). You will most probably come across the same issue as me and other reviewers on this page. Don't waste your precious time writing on HubPages and any of their associated websites. Our articles are precious and it requires the least some respect.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I have used Hubpages for 4 years now. When I created my first account back in 2012, I was an oblivious, and extremely motivated journalist and creative writer. I wrote 100+ articles there within a couple months, but I can't tell you how many times every one of those articles were ridiculed and unpublished by the Hubpages Team over extremely small errors, flaws, or rule-breaking content. I honestly believed the problem was with me; that I was an amateur writer and I just needed to learn from the best (Hubpages Team themselves). Well, not once did they ever tell me what exactly needed to be fixed on my site articles, so I they forced me to play a guessing game every time I wrote a new article.

My articles (they call them 'Hubs') were near flawless most of the time, so much so that I was invited by HubPages themselves to take part in a program that enabled me to moderate and teach other users to write. I fell in love with Hubpages, until they showed me their darker side. I had successfully published over 100 Hubs by this time. I had completed a HubPages Leader program, and I have a positive stream of viewers on a daily basis. What was the worse thing out of it all? I have ONLY MADE $150 since then. Four years and tens of thousands of viewers later, I make $0.10 per day.

I feel mocked, belittled, and betrayed to say at the very least. I recently made my own website this past week and I am very happy to say that I already have a steady, small audience. I visited HubPages one last time, today, to publish more articles and possibly make more pocket change, but they decided to unpublish a product review and an article on Astrology. Both articles were filled with images, context, and professionalism... I've decided not to lie to myself about HubPages any longer. I am still quite embarrassed having put my sweat and tears into the website, but I will never work for them again.

Original review: July 25, 2016

After having used the site for a day I decided it was rather cumbersome to use as nothing seemed simple to use. But it won't let me shut my account down easily though just like with everything else! Has everyone else had the same problem?? Most bloggers rave about this site but I think it's just another scam. I also would like to state it asks for an awful lot of information when signing up and you can't just simply get to anything without having to do a million things first!

Original review: July 14, 2016

They told me to improve my hub then I did for 5 times and then he unpublished my hub for 5 times. I'm looking for a better website which tells me exactly what I should do to make the moderator "satisfied". I'm disappointed.

Original review: April 27, 2016

I know several great writers who were members of hubpages. All of them left after being unfairly singled out & banned for "alleged" rule-breaking, although all around them, 90% of the members did all the same things. Their Administration is biased, unfair & treat their writers like dirt beneath their feet. Money is so little. It's not worth the time to sign in. These people were amazed at the crap they had to endure from other members & could not reply in kind or be banned. The original big mouth got away with murder while a person giving them a taste of their own medicine was called out. Think about it. Would you even consider putting up with that? NO!

Original review: April 14, 2016

I have found on HubPages extreme prejudice by their moderation team against Christians and their beliefs. Here is just one example of which there are many. One writer there, his username is "**" started publishing HubPages 6 weeks ago starting with "Genesis Chapter 1 - Bible According to Satan" and so far ending with "Genesis Chapter 5 - Bible According to Satan". All his "chapters" are full of vulgarity and profanity, e.g. the first chapter uses variations of the "F" word in 6 verses and referring to Jesus. He and his HubPages have been reported and flagged for violations multiple times from the day his first Chapter was published and no moderator has done anything to put an end to this. Were this guy doing the same thing to the Koran you can bet they'd have banned him the first day!

I have come across HubPages that were nothing but a non-stop sentence after sentence of profanity aimed at Christians and Christianity, profanity so vulgar I'd never even seen it used that way anywhere in all my life! How can they allow such stuff to be published when HubPages have to be approved to be published? Yet they will censor HubPages with facts about transgenders or Muslims in a heartbeat if one person flags them as hate speech. I've been on this site for many years and can attest to these things as fact. How HubPages determines what is of literary acceptance or violation of their rules is a joke and their moderators are fostering a cult of vulgarity and religious intolerance on their site like I've never seen.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

Push you to join just when you want to read a blog and then ban you from the site if you don't give them all the information they want on you.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

Please cancel my account and PayPal association. I recently discovered my account was banned. I was not even given the courtesy of notification. After doing some research and delayed due diligence, I do not wish to be associated with a company with so many complaints filed against it. It is ironic that you ban my account, then allow it to be linked to PayPal. I find your actions unprofessional and not worthy of my interest. Again please delete all traces of my account.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2015

I participated on HubPages for over 2 years. I wrote over 500 hubs, along with many accolades. Let us just say the experience was just fine until I was singled out by the very narrow-minded liberals. Not only referring to other writers but the HubPages staff as well. The administration has its pets and will side with them regardless of the topic. In other words, save yourself the wasted time and hard work. The pay is very minimal. The rules and regulations only apply to a certain few. To sum it up, stay away from this site!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

I have been writing on HubPages for 5 years. Many people join thinking they can write crappy short articles with pictures that are not sourced, or articles that have been copied and pasted from around the internet, and somehow make hundreds of dollars. That will never happen. Making money writing online is… WORK!!! You have to learn how to write in ways that is reader-friendly. You also have to learn SEO, keywords, and social media marketing. I have 50 articles on HubPages and I make money. Will you get rich? NO! It is however possible to make money. I know of a few people on HP making hundreds ($500+) a month. I am not one of them because I don't commit nearly as much time or write nearly as many articles. It is possible for those who aren't lazy and don't expect results overnight!

The community is also amazing. I became homeless a couple years ago. A fellow writer started a forum thread on HP for me. Enough money was raised for me to afford deposits on utilities. While that is not something that happens often, the community is still amazing, even among people who have differing opinions. People come to HP from places like Squidoo or Bubblews who had low standards and allowed spam, and they basically go through culture shock because HP doesn't put up with low quality or spam.

With that said a lot of the policing done is up to the other members, and well we can't catch everything to flag it, so some spam still makes it through. If you go to the Q and A section and start posting spam, you will be banned. This isn't a site to babysit anyone. When signing up for HP we all agree to the Terms Of Service. Violate it and they will boot you out, sometimes without explanation! With all that said, I love HP. I've been on it for many years. Yes, it's a lot of work and learning, but long run it is very worth it!

Original review: July 13, 2015

I began writing on this site for two reasons. The first was for the experience. I needed to know if I was any good and if others would be interested. The other was to earn some extra Money with their advertising. I have written almost 200 short stories and articles and I have found that I am a pretty good writer. I had many people read my articles and leave comments and I had a base of 250 people that followed me. This site build my confidence and allowed me to follow through with the children's books that I wanted to write.

That was the positive experience that I had. When it came to their advertising and payment plan, that was pretty much a disappointment. I have had 200 articles posted on this site since 2010 and I average approximately 3 to 7 cents a day in earnings. I was led to believe that I could make as much as $500 to a thousand dollars a month and that just didn't happen. This was primarily because the system was too complicated and I just did not understand how to link and draw traffic to my articles. All in all for me it was a positive experience and my articles are still posted there today. I still get small checks once a year or so.

HubPages Company Information