2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.04/5

Honest Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honest Company?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honest Company?

Original review: June 17, 2020

Bought 2 kinds of formula before baby was born. Regular seemed ok, but sensitive caused major issues which seems odd because it was marketed "for occasional fussiness and gas" and yet it caused all of the above plus diarrhea. Reached out to company nicely to inquire if others had issues possibly due to the corn syrup in the product. No one replied. After a few weeks I decided to follow-up because I noticed suddenly both formula products were gone--completely unavailable anywhere online. So basically discontinued. I contacted them again and got very poor responses. Basically was told they stopped selling due to licensing which sounds like a lie or excuse and as ridiculous as it sounds didn't acknowledge my initial question which was referenced by ticket # for them AND in the email thread. Second, they claimed no issues and offered no resolution.

When I pressed them to do something they placed blame on me that I should have checked with our pediatrician. That makes no sense. All of this shows they suck at customer service and don't stand behind their products. This is just a money making enterprise, they don't care about the well-being of anyone's baby or the environment -- just their pocketbooks and bank accounts. Sad. Needless to say I will no longer purchase any of their products, despite the fact that I do like their baby wipes and the regular formula (while in existence) was halfway decent.

Original review: June 15, 2020

A charge was made to my account that was not approved, the charge was made on a Saturday so I was unable to call the customer service center or talk to someone directly about it until Monday, 9 am EST. By then the package had shipped. I contacted them through email but got a generalized response saying they can't cancel the order since it was "in process" the item was in process second after the charge was made so I wouldn't have been able to cancel it anyways. I looked at the tracking info as sometimes the shipping company will let you send the items back to the company but their company does not allow this. Does not sound very honest to me. I'm now out $70.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I ordered hand sanitizer from the Honest Company and used the code Honest20 for 20% off my order. When I applied the code, I can see the discount applies before checking out. I checked out and received a bank notification on my order. The honest company took $10+ dollars more than what I was originally told I was going to be charged. I contact customer service by email right away. The customer service rep, Paula, told me hand sanitizers are not included in the coupon. I told her the coupon works when I applied it to my cart so I should’ve received it regardless and sent her a screenshot of the discount being applied to my order. She responded back 4 days later with the same response, not trying to rectify the situation.

I then contacted someone by chat because this isn’t right. You can’t tell your customer you will charge something then charge them something else. The chat rep, Lexi, told me that they appreciated the feedback And she will let her boss know. I asked her what are we doing about my order? She said there’s nothing they can do to fix the problem and they cannot credit it back. I told Lexi I would prefer to work with an honest company so please cancel the order and I will buy the hand sanitizer elsewhere. She said they can’t because the order shipped. Ok so if someone responded back to me the first day, this would have never happened.

I then told her that I would like to return the items yet, because this business is unethical. She then pulls up a policy screenshot and tells me that hand sanitizers are not refundable! So you can pull a screenshot of your policy if it benefits you, but when a customer pulls up a screenshot of the discount being applied and you collected a different amount, you can rectify that? For a Jessica Alba company, I expect better and will never buy anything from this company again. Lexi actually disconnected the chat on me.

Original review: May 5, 2020

This company scammed me! My daughter needs baby wipes and nobody has any! I ordered from the honest company and they took my money. A week later I received information from both them and FedEx that my order was delivered....but I never received it. I sent customer service an email and their response was that they don't deliver to P.O. Boxes so they are giving me a 10% off coupon for my next order for the inconvenience. She admitted she wasn't giving me the products I ordered and ignored my request for a refund. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY! I am in the process of suing them with my bank's help. The DISHONEST COMPANY is a better name for them.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I ordered from this company and everything came and it wasn’t organized and everything leaked in the box. I’m warning you don’t waste your time here. They do not know how to package the product correctly and everything will come leaking.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I made an online purchase for baby wipes and body wash. Order took a little longer than advertised but was understandable due to Covid-19. Finally received the shipment but was missing the body wash. I contacted support to see if the body wash was coming separately or was forgotten. Either way asked for body to be mailed ASAP. When customer service emailed me back they sent me a email with a return label. No explanation, No apology, just a label and refund information. I told them I didn’t have a product to return and I did not want a refund but my product ASAP since I’ve already waiting 2 weeks. They told me I would just have to reorder the product. I’m disappointed that I was supporting a company for so long that doesn’t seem to care about their customers. I expected an apology and a code or something for expedited shipping. I guess I’ll be looking for a new natural product line for my baby.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I've ordered from Honest.com twice. The first time I was promised FREE shipping but, I was charged for shipping (Fedex). I was skeptical of the company at first. I thought it was a scam company because I did some research and then it wasn't ranked very high. But, I decided to put a small order in and see what happens. My first order was for around ~$30. The product was a good price but shipping was so slow I had to contact customer service to see if it was shipped out. Customer service responded in 1 day and assured that my order was being shipped out by Friday. Surprised, it was shipped out by Friday and I did get my product about 3 days later. The packaging was fantastic, but shipping was slow.

The second time I ordered, my experience was no better than the first time. I ordered around $60 in products. This time I was able to get the FREE shipping but, it's been over 7 days now and my order hasn't been shipped out! Again, I had to contact customer service to see what the hold up was. I haven't heard back from customer service yet! Even if it ships out today, I'm looking at getting my products in a 2 week timeframe which is pathetic! Final thoughts about Honest.com: Product \ Price: B+ \ A-. Customer Service: D+ \ C-. Shipping: F. Will I order from Honest.com again? Probably NOT.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

This company had an amazing Black Friday special. The diaper bundle (7 diaper packs and 4 wipes pack) was going to come up to 50 dollars. Usually it's 79. I thought was a great chance to give them a go and subscribe. Well, number one, only ONE pack of diapers arrived. I contacted them and the other 6 arrived separately. Okay, that was odd but acceptable. I counted the diapers and everything seemed okay, so a few days later I went to use the diapers and wipes. Well, guess what?! No wipes were to be found. They didn't send them. So I immediately contacted them, and came to found out they supposedly had sold out on the specific wipe packaging print and canceled that item and discounted $8.19 cents from the price and told me I could buy the wipes separately (regular price would come up to 26 dollars with shipping and tax plus after the 2 dollars promo code they ordered me).

Now tell me, how does that make any sense? How is that a honest business approach? Shouldn't they have sent me a different print, sent the wipes once in stock or just not sold me what they didn't have in stock? I was informed they weren't going to able to honor the black Friday price. Just sounds like a huge scam to get your credit card in file and charge you full price afterwards. Very disappointed! I no longer can trust this company with my money. They have the worst approach.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have just had the absolute WORST experience with the Honest Company. My husband and I tried to place a large order (over $900) with this company to stockpile on diapers and wipes for our newborn who is due in 2 months. After placing the first order, it was cancelled within 2 days. I contacted their company to find out why and they said they were unable to automatically verify the credit card used as it was done through PayPal and an international credit card. Okay, fair enough.

We then proceeded to use an American credit card, directly on their site. The order was placed on the 30th of November and confirmed. After waiting a week on a shipping confirmation, we contacted the company who told us that the order was still being processed due to its large quantity, and it may have had to ship in a few shipments. But it was being processed. We kept checking our email and the order status on their website to see if the order would be shipped or not.

After nearly another week of no communication from the company, my husband called them this morning to find out that they’ve cancelled the order again (without sending an email or anything) because it is too big. Due to suspected fraud, they’ve cancelled the order and it’s our fault for placing such a large order. My husband said that as we are on the phone, and he can prove it is not fraud - is there any possibility of replacing the same exact order over the phone to ensure it’s confirmation.

The customer representative was very rude and did not care that we really wanted this order placed. Her response was “No, you can place the order online but it will get cancelled again due to suspected fraud as it is so large.” She was not willing to help find a solution to this problem in any way, it’s like they really didn’t care to make an extra $900 in one order. We will NEVER be supporting this company.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have had an unbelievably bad experience with The Honest Company over the last 2 months. I never received my package that was about $175 of products. I contacted the company, the postal carrier, and the company again. I repeatedly got told that they believed this issue to be resolved. I am still being charged for the items and have never received the items. The package was deemed "stolen" by the USPS and they were quick to respond and helpful with this issue. I contacted the Honest Company with this information and was told I would get a refund. Then the next email was again that they (the Honest Company) "believe this issues is resolved".

Never have I had such bad customer service from a company. 2 months later, I do not have my package, a refund, not even a discount. And I feel like I've completely been dismissed by the Honest Company. I would give them 0 stars and I suggest that you not even try to deal with them due to their lack of competence in resolving a simple issue and complete dismissal of my claim.

Honest Company Company Information