2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.37/5

Honest Company Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

This company had an amazing Black Friday special. The diaper bundle (7 diaper packs and 4 wipes pack) was going to come up to 50 dollars. Usually it's 79. I thought was a great chance to give them a go and subscribe. Well, number one, only ONE pack of diapers arrived. I contacted them and the other 6 arrived separately. Okay, that was odd but acceptable. I counted the diapers and everything seemed okay, so a few days later I went to use the diapers and wipes. Well, guess what?! No wipes were to be found. They didn't send them. So I immediately contacted them, and came to found out they supposedly had sold out on the specific wipe packaging print and canceled that item and discounted $8.19 cents from the price and told me I could buy the wipes separately (regular price would come up to 26 dollars with shipping and tax plus after the 2 dollars promo code they ordered me).

Now tell me, how does that make any sense? How is that a honest business approach? Shouldn't they have sent me a different print, sent the wipes once in stock or just not sold me what they didn't have in stock? I was informed they weren't going to able to honor the black Friday price. Just sounds like a huge scam to get your credit card in file and charge you full price afterwards. Very disappointed! I no longer can trust this company with my money. They have the worst approach.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have just had the absolute WORST experience with the Honest Company. My husband and I tried to place a large order (over $900) with this company to stockpile on diapers and wipes for our newborn who is due in 2 months. After placing the first order, it was cancelled within 2 days. I contacted their company to find out why and they said they were unable to automatically verify the credit card used as it was done through PayPal and an international credit card. Okay, fair enough.

We then proceeded to use an American credit card, directly on their site. The order was placed on the 30th of November and confirmed. After waiting a week on a shipping confirmation, we contacted the company who told us that the order was still being processed due to its large quantity, and it may have had to ship in a few shipments. But it was being processed. We kept checking our email and the order status on their website to see if the order would be shipped or not.

After nearly another week of no communication from the company, my husband called them this morning to find out that they’ve cancelled the order again (without sending an email or anything) because it is too big. Due to suspected fraud, they’ve cancelled the order and it’s our fault for placing such a large order. My husband said that as we are on the phone, and he can prove it is not fraud - is there any possibility of replacing the same exact order over the phone to ensure it’s confirmation.

The customer representative was very rude and did not care that we really wanted this order placed. Her response was “No, you can place the order online but it will get cancelled again due to suspected fraud as it is so large.” She was not willing to help find a solution to this problem in any way, it’s like they really didn’t care to make an extra $900 in one order. We will NEVER be supporting this company.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have had an unbelievably bad experience with The Honest Company over the last 2 months. I never received my package that was about $175 of products. I contacted the company, the postal carrier, and the company again. I repeatedly got told that they believed this issue to be resolved. I am still being charged for the items and have never received the items. The package was deemed "stolen" by the USPS and they were quick to respond and helpful with this issue. I contacted the Honest Company with this information and was told I would get a refund. Then the next email was again that they (the Honest Company) "believe this issues is resolved".

Never have I had such bad customer service from a company. 2 months later, I do not have my package, a refund, not even a discount. And I feel like I've completely been dismissed by the Honest Company. I would give them 0 stars and I suggest that you not even try to deal with them due to their lack of competence in resolving a simple issue and complete dismissal of my claim.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I bought 6 packs of newborn diapers and 10 packs of size 1. I spent almost $200 but I wanted to be prepared for when my son was born. My son ended up staying in the NICU for awhile and by the time we got to take him home he no longer fit in the newborns and now he's grown out of the size ones as well. I emailed honest company and they told me they will not exchange them for a size he fits in. If I know this I would've just bought Pampers from Walmart as they will exchange unopen packs no problem. Huge waste of money!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I ordered 3 pairs of their soft “rainproof” shoes, due to a foot ailment for a trip, plenty of time ahead based on stated 4-20 days delivery. 31 days later, no shoes, twice received reply promising delivery in spite of the delay with a request for forgiveness. I appealed to PayPal for help cancelling order and a refund. The arbitration allows delivery on or before the 9th of this month, 3days from now. I am not holding my breath. I recommend not ordering from this company. I suspect it is a scam. If it looks too good to be true, it most likely is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honest Company?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I tried to order a bulk subscription online for the 1st time, I picked my product, I paid via pay pal, entered my address, added a coupon code for $10 off for new customers and when I attempted to hit the submit button it wouldn't let me and it wouldn't tell me what was wrong. I waited awhile, tried again same thing, an hour later I IM'd their customer service, Kevin, and he told me I was having trouble because that option is discontinued and he would place this one time order for me so I said OK but I have a $10 off coupon code and I gave it to him and he said that's not going to work either but he'll give me 10% off. I said OK go ahead and place the order. Couple hours later I get an email from pay pal saying they charged me for the full price and never took off the 10%.

I then called customer service and explained my earlier issues and that if it's this difficult to just place an order with their company for the 1st time that she should cancel it. She said the order had already been placed an hour ago and that she would attempt to cancel it but if she couldn't. She would issue a return shipping label and I said OK. I heard nothing back from them that day, the next day I get an email saying the order shipped, the day after that I get an email that says it's a return shipping label and that upon receipt of the returned product they will credit my account. Unfortunately they were only going to credit me almost $10 less than what they charged me. I received the product and just decide to keep it because the more I called their customer service the more it's probably going to cost me! Horrible website and customer service!

Original review: May 26, 2019

I was excited that I ordered some floor cleaner and although it smelled really fabulous I was thoroughly disappointed in the product performance. I won't be ordering again and I do not recommend this as a reputable floor cleaner.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My debit card was compromised several times, no help from their customer service. Someone ordered products. I have never ordered from them. My only alternative is to file a complaint with the consumer protection in my state and with the state police in my state. Talked to a service rep for the company, lousy customer service. It took me over an hour to reach someone, only to be told to call back the next day. I called back the next day, on hold for 28 minutes and then again 22 minutes in another phone. Finally talked to a so called manager, they wouldn't tell me who compromised my debit cards, only that their product was delivered to another state. I am 68 years old, and I resent the fact that someone would do this, and the company protects the thief.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I am a mother of two and I like the Honest Company products. That being said, their customer service is definitely nowhere near the quality of their products. My daughter is 1 year and 8 months and has been using Honest diapers since birth. I recently purchased two boxes of diapers that were both defective and emailed Honest Company with pictures and they did not exchange. I ended up going back to Target (an hour drive with two little kids) and spoke to the manager and they finally exchanged them for me. I feel that if a company’s product is defective then they should replace it. The Honest Company did not.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

So I definitely love this as a one time on the go (out for 3-4 hours) type of deal! However, everyday this is a HARD NO. I tried this for about 2 weeks and broke out BADDDD. I do LOVE this as a concealer but unfortunately that’s all I can use it as. One thing I absolutely HATE is it has way too little and way too small to last more than 2 weeks. My regular make up is 41-45$ for 6+MONTHS. I’m basically spending 41+ for 1 MONTH... I’m out in this one.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Honest Company Company Information